Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Washed up. ( 1 x 1 )
1 2 3 4
@Quamosthy

Smiling as Wight was content with crunching up bugs, she nodded at his question. " Yes, the Hatchling. As soon as I mentioned that we had a guest, she was absolutely thrilled to go tell Minsoo about it. " she chuckled. It was constantly amusing to watch the pair; Naga would go climbing all over Minsoo, careful of his wings, and he would be so tolerant.

Unaware of the others curiosity of the bandage around her throat, she continued on whilst sitting back contently. " If I guess right, our patriarch and defense captain will be returning first; don't worry though. If you do not wish to speak with him, I can on your behalf. " she assured.

The Skydancer would have no problem talking to Revered while Wight stayed back, either in her den again or elsewhere in the camp. Perhaps Minsoo would welcome his presence?

" I've also been thinking.. perhaps when you have gotten your strength back, we may assist you back to your Clan. It is the right thing to do, I believe. Where does your Clan reside?. "
@Quamosthy

Smiling as Wight was content with crunching up bugs, she nodded at his question. " Yes, the Hatchling. As soon as I mentioned that we had a guest, she was absolutely thrilled to go tell Minsoo about it. " she chuckled. It was constantly amusing to watch the pair; Naga would go climbing all over Minsoo, careful of his wings, and he would be so tolerant.

Unaware of the others curiosity of the bandage around her throat, she continued on whilst sitting back contently. " If I guess right, our patriarch and defense captain will be returning first; don't worry though. If you do not wish to speak with him, I can on your behalf. " she assured.

The Skydancer would have no problem talking to Revered while Wight stayed back, either in her den again or elsewhere in the camp. Perhaps Minsoo would welcome his presence?

" I've also been thinking.. perhaps when you have gotten your strength back, we may assist you back to your Clan. It is the right thing to do, I believe. Where does your Clan reside?. "
tumblr_o77w1quhlJ1tsw2elo6_500.png
@ifawn

Wight hadn't ever eaten much in the way of non-aquatic food; given that for all his life that he could remember, he had lived in the Sea of a Thousand Currents. It was a pleasant change to taste the crunchy insects with a vague flavour somewhat reminiscent of trees and the forest instead of waterlogged crustaceans. He was content to just listen while he ate. It was strange, really. This time yesterday he hadn't even known that this dragon existed, and now he was comfortable enough in her presence that he wasn't about to turn and run at even the slightest hint that something that might be dangerous could happen.

Swallowing the last of the spindly legs and crunchy carapaces, the Nocturne turned towards Inachus, a look of apprehension in his green eyes. "Y-you would do th-that for m-me?" Wight asked, dreading meeting the rest of the clan, but at the same time thankful that he wouldn't have to speak. Talking just made things worse when he was in an unfamiliar situation.

"They're... s-somewhere. In t-the Sea of a Thousand C-Currents," Wight replied. He didn't know much beyond that. He had an awful sense of direction, something that Edea had been trying to correct prior to his accident. At least he knew which of the elemental territories it was in, and that had to count for something.
@ifawn

Wight hadn't ever eaten much in the way of non-aquatic food; given that for all his life that he could remember, he had lived in the Sea of a Thousand Currents. It was a pleasant change to taste the crunchy insects with a vague flavour somewhat reminiscent of trees and the forest instead of waterlogged crustaceans. He was content to just listen while he ate. It was strange, really. This time yesterday he hadn't even known that this dragon existed, and now he was comfortable enough in her presence that he wasn't about to turn and run at even the slightest hint that something that might be dangerous could happen.

Swallowing the last of the spindly legs and crunchy carapaces, the Nocturne turned towards Inachus, a look of apprehension in his green eyes. "Y-you would do th-that for m-me?" Wight asked, dreading meeting the rest of the clan, but at the same time thankful that he wouldn't have to speak. Talking just made things worse when he was in an unfamiliar situation.

"They're... s-somewhere. In t-the Sea of a Thousand C-Currents," Wight replied. He didn't know much beyond that. He had an awful sense of direction, something that Edea had been trying to correct prior to his accident. At least he knew which of the elemental territories it was in, and that had to count for something.
Vigorous Goblet I collect Vigorous Goblets
Vampire Hunting: Scatterquest

_____
Iron Treasure Chest Festival Shop
Mass Hatch Egg Trading
G1s for Sale
@Quamosthy

Smiling at the Nocturne pleasantly, she nodded.It was nothing close of an inconvenience for the female Skydancer to speak to her leader for the other dragon; knowing Revered, he would be just as nervous speaking to another foreign dragon as Wight would be. It would just be smoother for her to do it.

Hearing Wight mention the Tidelord's domain, an immediate look of interest sparked to life across her face and she shifted a bit to face thw Nocturne. It was comical to see her excited about somethinhg as she had the look of a gleeful Hatchling.

" I've never been to that territory, " she began, and a new life had entered the dragons whisper of a voice. " Is it as wonderful as Minsoo says? He originates there and talks so fondly of it. " If there was one thing to get the reserved dragon talking, it was mentioning the waters.

"Perhaps Minsoo can help you return there. I myself cannot swim, and I probably wouldn't be able to fly very well if there was any ocean winds. " In reality, Inachus would probably be thrown around like a leaf in any intenae wind, and she had never learned to swim at all.
@Quamosthy

Smiling at the Nocturne pleasantly, she nodded.It was nothing close of an inconvenience for the female Skydancer to speak to her leader for the other dragon; knowing Revered, he would be just as nervous speaking to another foreign dragon as Wight would be. It would just be smoother for her to do it.

Hearing Wight mention the Tidelord's domain, an immediate look of interest sparked to life across her face and she shifted a bit to face thw Nocturne. It was comical to see her excited about somethinhg as she had the look of a gleeful Hatchling.

" I've never been to that territory, " she began, and a new life had entered the dragons whisper of a voice. " Is it as wonderful as Minsoo says? He originates there and talks so fondly of it. " If there was one thing to get the reserved dragon talking, it was mentioning the waters.

"Perhaps Minsoo can help you return there. I myself cannot swim, and I probably wouldn't be able to fly very well if there was any ocean winds. " In reality, Inachus would probably be thrown around like a leaf in any intenae wind, and she had never learned to swim at all.
@ifawn

"T-the Sea is... n-nice I guess. Q-quiet," Wight replied, a mix of both sadness and longing in his voice. The Sea was by far the place for such a timid Nocturne, in its vast waters he could find a measure of peace, and it was so large there were times that he could forget that there were other dragons, forget how scared he always was and just breathe in the cool water and forget about his troubles. It was truly a place of serene beauty, even if the Nocturne's birthplace was somewhere in the Windswept Plateau.

"W-who is M-Minsoo?" Wight asked, growing a bit worried again. He wasn't really very good at dealing with other dragons, no matter how nice or how good their intentions were. Inachus had been there to witness firsthand what the panicky little Nocturne did when he was startled. Even though Inachus had saved his life, he still panicked and nearly undid what she had done to save him. Anyway, with his bandages still covering his wounds that were yet to heal, swimming or exertion was a very bad idea. After all, trying to fly is what landed him in this mess in the first place.
@ifawn

"T-the Sea is... n-nice I guess. Q-quiet," Wight replied, a mix of both sadness and longing in his voice. The Sea was by far the place for such a timid Nocturne, in its vast waters he could find a measure of peace, and it was so large there were times that he could forget that there were other dragons, forget how scared he always was and just breathe in the cool water and forget about his troubles. It was truly a place of serene beauty, even if the Nocturne's birthplace was somewhere in the Windswept Plateau.

"W-who is M-Minsoo?" Wight asked, growing a bit worried again. He wasn't really very good at dealing with other dragons, no matter how nice or how good their intentions were. Inachus had been there to witness firsthand what the panicky little Nocturne did when he was startled. Even though Inachus had saved his life, he still panicked and nearly undid what she had done to save him. Anyway, with his bandages still covering his wounds that were yet to heal, swimming or exertion was a very bad idea. After all, trying to fly is what landed him in this mess in the first place.

_____
Mass Hatch Egg Trading
G1s for Sale
@Quamosthy

" Minsoo is our patriarch's second in command. He was the second to join up with him and really make the clan, " she explained and sat herself down. If anything, he was one of the more calming presence's in the clan; he was easily approachable and always ready to listen.

" Our patriarch says he came out from the sea to help him when he was being hounded down by a Ridgeback and he stayed with him ever since; but I believe he won't be with us for long. " Inachus had noticed that the Imperial was talking much more of the ocean, and its beauty. She almost expected him to leave one morning and never return.

" If anyone can help you return there, it would be him. " she assured before her voice came to a pause as she heard something. Sounded more like someone coming. She tilted her head to the side in an effort to hear a bit better.. and listening to the muffled flap of wings, she knew exactly who it was.

" Hades is coming, " she announced softly before looking at Wight with a pleasant smile. She had hoped it wouldn't be Hades coming back first.. thought luck was against her. " If you'd like, you can still hide out in my den. "
@Quamosthy

" Minsoo is our patriarch's second in command. He was the second to join up with him and really make the clan, " she explained and sat herself down. If anything, he was one of the more calming presence's in the clan; he was easily approachable and always ready to listen.

" Our patriarch says he came out from the sea to help him when he was being hounded down by a Ridgeback and he stayed with him ever since; but I believe he won't be with us for long. " Inachus had noticed that the Imperial was talking much more of the ocean, and its beauty. She almost expected him to leave one morning and never return.

" If anyone can help you return there, it would be him. " she assured before her voice came to a pause as she heard something. Sounded more like someone coming. She tilted her head to the side in an effort to hear a bit better.. and listening to the muffled flap of wings, she knew exactly who it was.

" Hades is coming, " she announced softly before looking at Wight with a pleasant smile. She had hoped it wouldn't be Hades coming back first.. thought luck was against her. " If you'd like, you can still hide out in my den. "
@ifawn

The beat of wide wings filled the air, and the last snatches of what Inachus said were lost to Wight as he stared at the sky, paralysed by fear. The dragon that was making his landing was huge, much larger than Wight who was runty even by Nocturne standards. Ridgebacks were always intmidating dragons with a sense of power about them; Wight would know, there were a few in his clan. When this one landed, there was still that exact same sense of power and intimidation.

He wanted to run, to hide behind Inachus or just flee into the dense undergrowth of the Viridian Labyrinth, but his own terror held him frozen. He couldn't see the eyes behind that menacing metal helm, but the little Nocturne was certain that they would be blazing with some kind of fury. Hades was indeed an imposing dragon, especially to one so unassuming as Wight.
@ifawn

The beat of wide wings filled the air, and the last snatches of what Inachus said were lost to Wight as he stared at the sky, paralysed by fear. The dragon that was making his landing was huge, much larger than Wight who was runty even by Nocturne standards. Ridgebacks were always intmidating dragons with a sense of power about them; Wight would know, there were a few in his clan. When this one landed, there was still that exact same sense of power and intimidation.

He wanted to run, to hide behind Inachus or just flee into the dense undergrowth of the Viridian Labyrinth, but his own terror held him frozen. He couldn't see the eyes behind that menacing metal helm, but the little Nocturne was certain that they would be blazing with some kind of fury. Hades was indeed an imposing dragon, especially to one so unassuming as Wight.

_____
Mass Hatch Egg Trading
G1s for Sale
@Quamosthy

As Wight was frozen in spot, Inachus' mind raced with solutions. She could distract Hades.. or try to nudge Wight along before Hades could notice him; though she found it a bit too late as the imposing Ridgeback began to make his descent.

Instead the Skydancer made a sudden movement; moving her thin body in front of Wight and a single membrane-feathered wing lowering to deftly sheild the Nocturne from any prying eyes.

As Hades finally landed, creating a loud thud and a slight puff of debris, unseen eyes were immediately locked into Inachus and a toothy grin went over the red dragons maw.

" What a rare sight, seein' you out and about, doll. " the Ridgeback commenred with a deeply resonating chuckle. It seemed the dragons focus was on the healer rather than the white Nocturne she was hiding from the Ridgeback's eyes. " Gonna take up that flying offer of mine? "He questioned and gave a slight shift of wings.

" No thank you, Hades. I'm rather busy, " she replied, somehow keeping her voice an even calm at the menacing dragon.
@Quamosthy

As Wight was frozen in spot, Inachus' mind raced with solutions. She could distract Hades.. or try to nudge Wight along before Hades could notice him; though she found it a bit too late as the imposing Ridgeback began to make his descent.

Instead the Skydancer made a sudden movement; moving her thin body in front of Wight and a single membrane-feathered wing lowering to deftly sheild the Nocturne from any prying eyes.

As Hades finally landed, creating a loud thud and a slight puff of debris, unseen eyes were immediately locked into Inachus and a toothy grin went over the red dragons maw.

" What a rare sight, seein' you out and about, doll. " the Ridgeback commenred with a deeply resonating chuckle. It seemed the dragons focus was on the healer rather than the white Nocturne she was hiding from the Ridgeback's eyes. " Gonna take up that flying offer of mine? "He questioned and gave a slight shift of wings.

" No thank you, Hades. I'm rather busy, " she replied, somehow keeping her voice an even calm at the menacing dragon.
@ifawn

Despite the shielding wing covering him in a warm, feathery embrace, Wight couldn't shake that feeling of terror when faced with the daunting Ridgeback. They were always such intimidating dragons, their wicked long claws, stabby-looking noses and that look in their eyes that seemed to Wight like they wanted nothing more than to kill him and eat his soul. He was probably exaggerating, but in the mind of the little Nocturne, not by much. He was glad though that Inachus had stepped in to protect him. She was no armoured sibling, but despite her quiet mannerisms, she stood up to Hades.

After a few exchanges of words, it seemed that the Ridgeback might not even notice Wight. He mentally thanked Inachus, because his words were stolen away by his own timidness. Perhaps he would thank her properly, once he was far, far away from Hades. If the rest of Inachus' clan was like this, then perhaps it would be best if he just hid in the Skydancer's personal den and didn't come out. Ever.
@ifawn

Despite the shielding wing covering him in a warm, feathery embrace, Wight couldn't shake that feeling of terror when faced with the daunting Ridgeback. They were always such intimidating dragons, their wicked long claws, stabby-looking noses and that look in their eyes that seemed to Wight like they wanted nothing more than to kill him and eat his soul. He was probably exaggerating, but in the mind of the little Nocturne, not by much. He was glad though that Inachus had stepped in to protect him. She was no armoured sibling, but despite her quiet mannerisms, she stood up to Hades.

After a few exchanges of words, it seemed that the Ridgeback might not even notice Wight. He mentally thanked Inachus, because his words were stolen away by his own timidness. Perhaps he would thank her properly, once he was far, far away from Hades. If the rest of Inachus' clan was like this, then perhaps it would be best if he just hid in the Skydancer's personal den and didn't come out. Ever.

_____
Mass Hatch Egg Trading
G1s for Sale
@Quamosthy

It seemed that the kind healers refusal wasn't close to enough for the Ridgeback and a loud huff of breath escaped from somewhere behind the metal helm. Hades was nothing short of a crude, mean dragon, but it never stopped him from getting his fair share of unwanted flirting in with the pleasant healer.

" How boring, " he said with slight exaggeration and a shrug of the dragons mighty shoulders. " All you do is stay in the camp and in that den of yours! Flyin' with me wouldn't do no harm. " he persisted, which thus evoked a heavy sigh from the Skydancer.

Inachus was a frail dragon whilst Hades harbored most of the bulk and strength of the Clan; flying with him, in her mind, ended with her most certainly getting clipped by those massive wings or pushed out of the sky entirely. He didn't fly with any fineness or grace like Minsoo or Delphi; but he flew with sheer intent to dispel any in his wing space.

" I have much more important things to do than go flying out and about with you, " she replied with all the same gentle tone, but it carried a much stricter meaning in the back of her throat. As firm as she was in her words, she couldn't help but feeling wary around the dragon. He could easily cut her down with a single flick of those wicked claws. " I'm sure that.. perhaps the others would be waiting for you, so please go on your way. " he hurried along with her voice, keeping a wing firm where it was hiding Wight.

The Ridgeback, at once again being brushed away, let loose a noise of frustration and stared at the Skydancer from behind the metal helm. How annoying. It burned Hades up inside and he idly tapped a claw against the dirt. As much as he wanted to continue to pester the Skydancer.. he knew now wasn't the time.

" Fine, " he snapped, before trying to regain at least a smidge of composure. " Whatever you say, lil healer. Can't say no all the time. " he remarked before he turned quite quickly, making the Skydancer duck her head quickly as to avoid a quick smack from the other dragons spiked tail.
@Quamosthy

It seemed that the kind healers refusal wasn't close to enough for the Ridgeback and a loud huff of breath escaped from somewhere behind the metal helm. Hades was nothing short of a crude, mean dragon, but it never stopped him from getting his fair share of unwanted flirting in with the pleasant healer.

" How boring, " he said with slight exaggeration and a shrug of the dragons mighty shoulders. " All you do is stay in the camp and in that den of yours! Flyin' with me wouldn't do no harm. " he persisted, which thus evoked a heavy sigh from the Skydancer.

Inachus was a frail dragon whilst Hades harbored most of the bulk and strength of the Clan; flying with him, in her mind, ended with her most certainly getting clipped by those massive wings or pushed out of the sky entirely. He didn't fly with any fineness or grace like Minsoo or Delphi; but he flew with sheer intent to dispel any in his wing space.

" I have much more important things to do than go flying out and about with you, " she replied with all the same gentle tone, but it carried a much stricter meaning in the back of her throat. As firm as she was in her words, she couldn't help but feeling wary around the dragon. He could easily cut her down with a single flick of those wicked claws. " I'm sure that.. perhaps the others would be waiting for you, so please go on your way. " he hurried along with her voice, keeping a wing firm where it was hiding Wight.

The Ridgeback, at once again being brushed away, let loose a noise of frustration and stared at the Skydancer from behind the metal helm. How annoying. It burned Hades up inside and he idly tapped a claw against the dirt. As much as he wanted to continue to pester the Skydancer.. he knew now wasn't the time.

" Fine, " he snapped, before trying to regain at least a smidge of composure. " Whatever you say, lil healer. Can't say no all the time. " he remarked before he turned quite quickly, making the Skydancer duck her head quickly as to avoid a quick smack from the other dragons spiked tail.
@ifawn

As Inachus ducked to avoid the simple tail-swipe from the rather large and imposing Ridgeback, Wight found himself tumbling forward, his somewhat precarious balance that stemmed from his paralysing fear forsaking him at the shift of the protective feathered wing covering. The first thing that the timid Nocturne noticed was that it was really, really bright. He was more comfortable at night, after having his eyes shielded by both Inachus' wing and his own cloak only to have both means of shading his eyes removed at once.

It took quite a few moments for his pale green eyes to adjust, while he slowly picked himself up off the ground, trying not to jostle his wounds too much. As soon as he was sure that he was steady enough that he wouldn't just fall over again, the white dragon looked up. In that instant, he wished that he was still blinded by the light. Here he was, staring down the scariest dragon he had ever met. The Ridgebacks in his own clan were intimidating, sure, but they didn't look evil. Heck, one of them even served as a detective of sorts for the clan. Wight could see that this dragon was no justice-driven detective.

Left out in the open, the pale Skydancer only a stone's throw away, Wight felt as though he was staring into the eyes of death itself.
@ifawn

As Inachus ducked to avoid the simple tail-swipe from the rather large and imposing Ridgeback, Wight found himself tumbling forward, his somewhat precarious balance that stemmed from his paralysing fear forsaking him at the shift of the protective feathered wing covering. The first thing that the timid Nocturne noticed was that it was really, really bright. He was more comfortable at night, after having his eyes shielded by both Inachus' wing and his own cloak only to have both means of shading his eyes removed at once.

It took quite a few moments for his pale green eyes to adjust, while he slowly picked himself up off the ground, trying not to jostle his wounds too much. As soon as he was sure that he was steady enough that he wouldn't just fall over again, the white dragon looked up. In that instant, he wished that he was still blinded by the light. Here he was, staring down the scariest dragon he had ever met. The Ridgebacks in his own clan were intimidating, sure, but they didn't look evil. Heck, one of them even served as a detective of sorts for the clan. Wight could see that this dragon was no justice-driven detective.

Left out in the open, the pale Skydancer only a stone's throw away, Wight felt as though he was staring into the eyes of death itself.

_____
Mass Hatch Egg Trading
G1s for Sale
1 2 3 4