Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | OOC .||high / medieval fantasy
1 2
@RooibosInBlue

I never actually got around to calculus. I took part of college algebra my junior year instead. Calculus and Trigonometry were in the afternoons and I was at another school district every afternoon xD
And thank you very much. I've a lot of work ahead of me xDD
(And yes Zelda is awesome. I still have my N64 and my original OoT/MM games)

I used to code for proboard role play forums before they overhauled their coding system. After that, I got tired of their vague 'PG-13' rule and never clarifying it, so now I prefer JCink when forum hosts are concerned xD It's been forever since I've found a good forum though. They all want you to steal art or stalk people to use as pictures of your characters. It's creepy.

Haha, yeeah. I've been working on a massive storyverse for the last two years, so. All the random characters in the background. Sooo many. It takes me about a year to develop a character enough to move on to the next, I've found out. A lot of these I started working on about four or five years ago, through various role plays. I've a few others, actually, but I don't think they would fit into the setting very well. Two witch-like characters, one that deals with trapping memories and the other using totems of animals that she makes come to 'life' to do her bidding... and then my two adventurers xD
Aelon and her companion dude are amusing. I enjoy writing for them a lot, especially with how conflicting their personalities can be at times. She has a very black and white view of people, you're either good and she doesn't mind ya or you aren't worth her time, and he's about as much of a giant marshmellow as a mercenary can be (or, that's how she sees him at least).

Alas, I won't be on for the rest of the day. I might try to work on getting a rough draft of an introduction done so I can post should Arian allow me to join, but we've some severe weather moving through today (yay tornado alley o/ -/sarcasm-) so I need to go watch the radar as the storms move through.
Hope you guys have a good day~
@RooibosInBlue

I never actually got around to calculus. I took part of college algebra my junior year instead. Calculus and Trigonometry were in the afternoons and I was at another school district every afternoon xD
And thank you very much. I've a lot of work ahead of me xDD
(And yes Zelda is awesome. I still have my N64 and my original OoT/MM games)

I used to code for proboard role play forums before they overhauled their coding system. After that, I got tired of their vague 'PG-13' rule and never clarifying it, so now I prefer JCink when forum hosts are concerned xD It's been forever since I've found a good forum though. They all want you to steal art or stalk people to use as pictures of your characters. It's creepy.

Haha, yeeah. I've been working on a massive storyverse for the last two years, so. All the random characters in the background. Sooo many. It takes me about a year to develop a character enough to move on to the next, I've found out. A lot of these I started working on about four or five years ago, through various role plays. I've a few others, actually, but I don't think they would fit into the setting very well. Two witch-like characters, one that deals with trapping memories and the other using totems of animals that she makes come to 'life' to do her bidding... and then my two adventurers xD
Aelon and her companion dude are amusing. I enjoy writing for them a lot, especially with how conflicting their personalities can be at times. She has a very black and white view of people, you're either good and she doesn't mind ya or you aren't worth her time, and he's about as much of a giant marshmellow as a mercenary can be (or, that's how she sees him at least).

Alas, I won't be on for the rest of the day. I might try to work on getting a rough draft of an introduction done so I can post should Arian allow me to join, but we've some severe weather moving through today (yay tornado alley o/ -/sarcasm-) so I need to go watch the radar as the storms move through.
Hope you guys have a good day~
@Ghostil

(Haha ikr! Though I will admit that the only reason I'm going to buy any nintendo console in the future is for the zelda games)

Haha yeah, that is a definite problem with proboard rps. I'd always ask if I could draw my character and never actually get around to drawing them... oops!

Yeah, most of my characters are recycled from different rps since I started back when I was twelve, though they're much more developed and less perfect now :P but your storyverse sounds cool, good luck with it! Also good luck with all the storms :/ I'm glad I live in the North East where there isn't too much extreme weather...

@amentia @arian

Oh, and I also added a bio and a picture of Sahar where her original profile was if you wanna check that out. The picture's just really a doodle, but it will probably help when describing her.
@Ghostil

(Haha ikr! Though I will admit that the only reason I'm going to buy any nintendo console in the future is for the zelda games)

Haha yeah, that is a definite problem with proboard rps. I'd always ask if I could draw my character and never actually get around to drawing them... oops!

Yeah, most of my characters are recycled from different rps since I started back when I was twelve, though they're much more developed and less perfect now :P but your storyverse sounds cool, good luck with it! Also good luck with all the storms :/ I'm glad I live in the North East where there isn't too much extreme weather...

@amentia @arian

Oh, and I also added a bio and a picture of Sahar where her original profile was if you wanna check that out. The picture's just really a doodle, but it will probably help when describing her.
@RooibosInBlue
Haha, I mostly get them for Pokemon, honestly. Zelda is always a nice bonus though. I got the remake of the MM for the 3DS when it came out. Got as far as the Water Temple in the first two-three days and then nope'd. I remember how hard it was in the original N64 version, I've not gathered enough patience to try it again yet xD

Yeeeah. I'd make another role play forum (I almost always end up at least being a moderator on the ones I join anyway) but... I'm tired of putting up with people and their 'can I have a rainbow cat shifter witch that has a pet unicorn and frog?' people. Otherwise I would be totally up for making a site where pictures were not mandatory xDD
I actually plotted out one a while back and then never got around to finishing it. I got stuck on the background I was going to use for it. Or rather, I started on it and then started drawing something else and it is a WIP somewhere in my 2015 art folder on my computer xDD
(Besides, admin'ing that sort of thing alone is overwhelming)

Most of mine have progressed like that, honestly. Aelon is a version of my oldest character, Sorin. I'd use her in her full glory but she's not very PG-13 friendly and has serious anger issues. Aelon and versions like her are better at controlling their anger and are generally younger than I have Sorin being xD So they're easier to relate to than some ancient lady who doesn't understand how stoves work.
The rest of them I've developed over the past... three-four years? Any male characters have been for about a year-year and a half. I had a massive site about three-four years ago and something like nine characters I wrote for on there, scrapped some and broke others down into characters that were easier to write for.
Kiran, my fortune teller/merchant, and my 'cute' character were originally one character that I split up, for instance. The original character was very chaotic to write for xD

I've been working on pictures of my guys. I started sketching them out quickly and then that turned into just focusing completely on Aelon's face, so. I might not have as much done as I had hoped, initially. I'll get the others eventually, but xDD
(I also need to draw their outfits sob)
((At least those are easier/quicker for me to draw since I know what I'm doing with those more than I do faces))
@RooibosInBlue
Haha, I mostly get them for Pokemon, honestly. Zelda is always a nice bonus though. I got the remake of the MM for the 3DS when it came out. Got as far as the Water Temple in the first two-three days and then nope'd. I remember how hard it was in the original N64 version, I've not gathered enough patience to try it again yet xD

Yeeeah. I'd make another role play forum (I almost always end up at least being a moderator on the ones I join anyway) but... I'm tired of putting up with people and their 'can I have a rainbow cat shifter witch that has a pet unicorn and frog?' people. Otherwise I would be totally up for making a site where pictures were not mandatory xDD
I actually plotted out one a while back and then never got around to finishing it. I got stuck on the background I was going to use for it. Or rather, I started on it and then started drawing something else and it is a WIP somewhere in my 2015 art folder on my computer xDD
(Besides, admin'ing that sort of thing alone is overwhelming)

Most of mine have progressed like that, honestly. Aelon is a version of my oldest character, Sorin. I'd use her in her full glory but she's not very PG-13 friendly and has serious anger issues. Aelon and versions like her are better at controlling their anger and are generally younger than I have Sorin being xD So they're easier to relate to than some ancient lady who doesn't understand how stoves work.
The rest of them I've developed over the past... three-four years? Any male characters have been for about a year-year and a half. I had a massive site about three-four years ago and something like nine characters I wrote for on there, scrapped some and broke others down into characters that were easier to write for.
Kiran, my fortune teller/merchant, and my 'cute' character were originally one character that I split up, for instance. The original character was very chaotic to write for xD

I've been working on pictures of my guys. I started sketching them out quickly and then that turned into just focusing completely on Aelon's face, so. I might not have as much done as I had hoped, initially. I'll get the others eventually, but xDD
(I also need to draw their outfits sob)
((At least those are easier/quicker for me to draw since I know what I'm doing with those more than I do faces))
@rooibosinblue GAH i like have registered that repeatedly and gone back to correct but sometimes i forget to check 8((

HELLO FRIENDS I AM back from the hell that is failing finals

if y'all are still up for continuing i would be too, but if not i can understand that too laughs;;

@ghostil & yeah your first three sound interesting !!! keke bicker buddies :' )

@amentia
@rooibosinblue GAH i like have registered that repeatedly and gone back to correct but sometimes i forget to check 8((

HELLO FRIENDS I AM back from the hell that is failing finals

if y'all are still up for continuing i would be too, but if not i can understand that too laughs;;

@ghostil & yeah your first three sound interesting !!! keke bicker buddies :' )

@amentia
@arian

Eeeey! You're back! Yes I would love to continue!
@arian

Eeeey! You're back! Yes I would love to continue!
tumblr_opss4vUg0g1wnxxc9o1_400.png

ex7GImS.png

cheshire-cat-smile_o_GIFSoup.com.gif

we__re_all_mad_here_by_bumbumbam-d5k2d0a.jpg
@arian

I believe I'm still up to continue as well. I'll need to backtrack (the introduction of Baldwin has left me a bit sleep-deprived) to see what all I had planned, but :3
I'll probably get back to you tomorrow with information and such, if that's alright!
@arian

I believe I'm still up to continue as well. I'll need to backtrack (the introduction of Baldwin has left me a bit sleep-deprived) to see what all I had planned, but :3
I'll probably get back to you tomorrow with information and such, if that's alright!
@arian

Oh shoot, I didn't notice anyone posted anything! I've had very spotty wi-fi for the past two weeks, so I haven't been super up to date with most of the websites I follow. But yet, I'm definitely interested in continuing!
@arian

Oh shoot, I didn't notice anyone posted anything! I've had very spotty wi-fi for the past two weeks, so I haven't been super up to date with most of the websites I follow. But yet, I'm definitely interested in continuing!
@arian

Haha, sorry for pinging you twice ^^; I just figured this would be better to be posted in the ooc chat than my intro post. If there's anything you want me to change and/or edit here or in my post, just lemme know? I'm still not 100% on how separate ooc threads work. This is a new thing for me xDD;

Also, I'll probably bring my thief in after another cycle of posts. I don't think I feel comfortable having her butt in just yet, I think it'd be better after Ezra explains a little more maybe? ^^;

Verach; capital: Erril languages: Veracha, Common

A large, army-oriented country that is composed almost entirely of extreme desert landscapes. Most cities are found along one of the rivers that stretch across the desert, while others use the resources of the magic amongst the ones that live there to bring water to its people. Magic is highly valued, and the strength of magic in the family often dictates their social status within the isolated communities. Strong army led by a council that unites the many regions of Verach.

Aelon -- 5'2 fiery red-haired woman. Decently muscled, has many scars, and darkly tanned skin tones. Hair reaches to her lower back, and has grey eyes that at the innermost part near the pupil are red. Wears light-colored, loose-fitting (ornate) clothing distinctive of desert natives. Works as a mercenary for hire, often guarding merchant caravans as they travel from one place to the other with Yeret. Has strong (but physically and mentally demanding) fire abilities.

Yeret -- 6'10 brown-haired man. Well-muscled, has a few scars along his forearms and biceps that are noticeable, and tanned skin. Has dark brown eyes. Wears light colored, loose-fitting clothing over a metal chest piece of armor. Works as a mercenary for hire, often guarding merchant caravans as they travel from one place to the other with Aelon.

Kiran -- 5'4 black-haired woman. Decently muscled, tanned skin, and deep blue eyes. Hair reaches to her mid-back. Can shape-shift into a common tabby cat. Is a thief for hire, works mostly breaking-and-entering lines of work.
@arian

Haha, sorry for pinging you twice ^^; I just figured this would be better to be posted in the ooc chat than my intro post. If there's anything you want me to change and/or edit here or in my post, just lemme know? I'm still not 100% on how separate ooc threads work. This is a new thing for me xDD;

Also, I'll probably bring my thief in after another cycle of posts. I don't think I feel comfortable having her butt in just yet, I think it'd be better after Ezra explains a little more maybe? ^^;

Verach; capital: Erril languages: Veracha, Common

A large, army-oriented country that is composed almost entirely of extreme desert landscapes. Most cities are found along one of the rivers that stretch across the desert, while others use the resources of the magic amongst the ones that live there to bring water to its people. Magic is highly valued, and the strength of magic in the family often dictates their social status within the isolated communities. Strong army led by a council that unites the many regions of Verach.

Aelon -- 5'2 fiery red-haired woman. Decently muscled, has many scars, and darkly tanned skin tones. Hair reaches to her lower back, and has grey eyes that at the innermost part near the pupil are red. Wears light-colored, loose-fitting (ornate) clothing distinctive of desert natives. Works as a mercenary for hire, often guarding merchant caravans as they travel from one place to the other with Yeret. Has strong (but physically and mentally demanding) fire abilities.

Yeret -- 6'10 brown-haired man. Well-muscled, has a few scars along his forearms and biceps that are noticeable, and tanned skin. Has dark brown eyes. Wears light colored, loose-fitting clothing over a metal chest piece of armor. Works as a mercenary for hire, often guarding merchant caravans as they travel from one place to the other with Aelon.

Kiran -- 5'4 black-haired woman. Decently muscled, tanned skin, and deep blue eyes. Hair reaches to her mid-back. Can shape-shift into a common tabby cat. Is a thief for hire, works mostly breaking-and-entering lines of work.
1 2