Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | OOC .||high / medieval fantasy
1 2
> main thread

ooc thread :^) for discussion shenaniganry

@arian @amentia @rooibosinblue
> main thread

ooc thread :^) for discussion shenaniganry

@arian @amentia @rooibosinblue
yaaaaaaay ^u^

@Amentia
Don't wanna lose this~
yaaaaaaay ^u^

@Amentia
Don't wanna lose this~
tumblr_opss4vUg0g1wnxxc9o1_400.png

ex7GImS.png

cheshire-cat-smile_o_GIFSoup.com.gif

we__re_all_mad_here_by_bumbumbam-d5k2d0a.jpg
Woohoo! Thanks for making this C:
Woohoo! Thanks for making this C:
@arian @amentia

Do you guys want to do brief introductions?
@arian @amentia

Do you guys want to do brief introductions?
@amentia @roobiosinblue

v: why not

im a derpy college student trying not to fail cuz math is too hard rip hallo friends

ALSO as a heads up
i might also not be able to reply the entire weekend since im traveling for the long weekend so s:
also finals are coming up so forgive if i don't have time to write up replies as often haaah
@amentia @roobiosinblue

v: why not

im a derpy college student trying not to fail cuz math is too hard rip hallo friends

ALSO as a heads up
i might also not be able to reply the entire weekend since im traveling for the long weekend so s:
also finals are coming up so forgive if i don't have time to write up replies as often haaah
@arian @amentia

Coool!!!

I'm also a college student majoring in chemistry and minoring in environmental studies. I like to play video games, and by video games I mean almost exclusively Nintendo games (Zeldaaaa!!! :O) Good luck with math though... I used to like math until I took multivariable...

Have a nice weekend though, and good luck with finals!

(also you keep on misspelling my name. It's rooibos not roobios, like the tea! Sorry for being particular, I'm just not getting pings :P)
@arian @amentia

Coool!!!

I'm also a college student majoring in chemistry and minoring in environmental studies. I like to play video games, and by video games I mean almost exclusively Nintendo games (Zeldaaaa!!! :O) Good luck with math though... I used to like math until I took multivariable...

Have a nice weekend though, and good luck with finals!

(also you keep on misspelling my name. It's rooibos not roobios, like the tea! Sorry for being particular, I'm just not getting pings :P)
@arian @RooibosInBlue

Oh...well I feel like a wee little baby now. Still in high school over here~

Yep, I hate geometry horribly, and I really prefer just anything like algebra. Um, I love biology, and video games are pretty cool; mostly the PlayStation though.

Have fun on your trip and good luck with finals! (Bleh thanks for reminding me about them ;-;)
@arian @RooibosInBlue

Oh...well I feel like a wee little baby now. Still in high school over here~

Yep, I hate geometry horribly, and I really prefer just anything like algebra. Um, I love biology, and video games are pretty cool; mostly the PlayStation though.

Have fun on your trip and good luck with finals! (Bleh thanks for reminding me about them ;-;)
tumblr_opss4vUg0g1wnxxc9o1_400.png

ex7GImS.png

cheshire-cat-smile_o_GIFSoup.com.gif

we__re_all_mad_here_by_bumbumbam-d5k2d0a.jpg
@amentia @ghostil

Oh no! Everyone hates math... so sad :( But bio is fun too! And I remember those days when I was the only high schooler in an rp.... hahaha.. ha... ha. I'm really glad I'm out of high school tbh. Also I'm done with finals so I'm just chilling until my summer internship starts :P

And Ghostil, I'd like to hear more about your characters here, since we have started a brand new ooc board that is open to discussing things~ :)
@amentia @ghostil

Oh no! Everyone hates math... so sad :( But bio is fun too! And I remember those days when I was the only high schooler in an rp.... hahaha.. ha... ha. I'm really glad I'm out of high school tbh. Also I'm done with finals so I'm just chilling until my summer internship starts :P

And Ghostil, I'd like to hear more about your characters here, since we have started a brand new ooc board that is open to discussing things~ :)
@RooibosInBlue @Amentia

I don't particularly /like/ math, but I was always really good at it. It made logical sense. I liked geometry more than algebra because it was explained why things worked, rather than just giving you theorems and expecting you to accept it was true xDD
Will never forget our first day of proof-learning in high school though.
Had to ask the teacher for help and she came over.
"... You do know you're making this harder on yourself, right?"
"Yes D: Halp."

I'm -technically- in high school too, but it's because I had to drop out due to medical reasons when I was in my junior year. I'm much better now though, so I'm looking to complete my diploma online.
And then on to computer technician training and a paralegal degree xDD

Also, thank you. I'm in no way accustomed to ooc boards separate to the actual role play itself. It's been probably... seven or eight years since I role played on Neopets, and the forums I've been on had a chat box xDD

(And Zelda is ♥)

As for my characters... oh boy I have a lot of crazy.

The three I planned on writing in, I think at the moment would prove the most beneficial at the moment to the role play? Also, I apologize for what will probably be a novel. I ramble a lot xDD; I'll try to limit my posts to <1k words when in character.

My first mercenary is a fiery short lady (Aelon) who travels with my second mercenary (I'll have to figure a name for him oops), who keeps her in line. The lady is very prone to being angry and violent, whereas he is more calm.
They are... uh... interesting. I actually have them as an 'original' (but if you think about it, what is truly fully original? xD) species from my storyverse I am trying to write a book for, so they won't be completely like they are there. I was thinking of having them being sort of half-beasts that conceal their inhuman appearances by magical artifacts? She has some high-level fire abilities but she has a short threshold for how much she can use and it's life-threatening if she hits that, so. (Besides, just dump a bucket o' water on her head and that'll be that xD)
He has no special abilities other than the fact he's like, 6'10" (208 cm). She's 5'2" (158 cm), so.

They're an amusing duo. They bicker a lot.
But uh, I was thinking if nothing changed much before I wrote up an intro, I could throw them at Sahar. I planned on having them arguing over a client that had hired them to take them to Cabat and then skipped out on paying them, and then go to the marketplace to restock before getting out of Dodge since Cabat would sooner lock them up for just existing than letting them be xD
But uh, it could be a peaceful encounter or a volatile one depending on if the lady mercenary opens her mouth or not.

As for my thief (Kiran), I could easily substitute her for her for hire hitman friend, but. I'm not completely sure on the hitman's personality at the present, other than she's quiet.
Kiran shifts into an ordinary house cat-like deal, something easily overlooked and with ability to get where people can't. I normally have her working for someone higher up in the underground ring of shady businesses, but she can go solo well-enough as well.
And she's uh... well, she's playful to say the least. She's actually very calculating and observant, not as much as the lady mercenary, but decently enough. She gets into a lot of trouble, and often does so, but.

I'm completely certain no matter where I'll throw her she'll playfully toy with whoever she interacts with. But I think she'd be best at the pub with Relina and Ezra. I'm certain she'd know Ezra, and since Ezra is in the intel business, I'm sure he'd at least have heard of her (especially since they'd work in the same city haha...). She's not so much a pickpocket as much as a breaking and entering type of thief, so she'd work for hire and/or sell what she collected on the Black Market.
Either way, she'd have a blast antagonizing Relina. She'll probably bite off more than she can chew, but that's entertaining to her xDD

Uuh, for my other characters (which I have no issues bringing in as is needed. I'm used to writing for upwards of 7+ characters)...

My hitman lady is quiet. Aaand that's about all I know of her. She's a much more serious than my thief is, and normally they are at least acquaintances. She kinda mellows out Kiran's hyper tendencies, but. She's not essential.

My card reader/fortune teller lady is the definition of 'everything in balance'. She's pretty much neutral most of the time and tries to be calm and unbiased all the time. It doesn't work out well, but. I normally have her as a merchant of some sort, and I can also have her be completely human with no abilities at all.
If she does have abilities it's normally geared toward empathy (feeling the emotions of others) which does more harm than good; she's not good at filtering things out to target one person in particular and gets the entire crowd's chaos resting on her shoulders. Thus the reason for 'calm and mellow' philosophy she has. If she can focus on blocking it out and not letting one emotion spark a torrent of everyone else's rushing in at her, she is generally good to go.
Ooor she could have equally muddled future sight-like things. Which is essentially "You might have a cheeseburger today or tomorrow." (Not that cheeseburgers exist in medieval times, but it's more so to explain xD) Thus the card-reading. Easier to pretend she knows what she's talking about.
I'd be fine with her being a normal, plain human though. It proves for entertainment when she tries to intervene in something to be an unbiased voice and do good, only to have her get in over her head and flail about.

Uuh, the ghost/psychic lady is of equal undeveloped levels as the hitman lady. All I know is she's a dark-skinned elf and carries around skulls. Somehow I imagine her talking to them like they talk back to her xD I'm sure she could be written off by other characters as completely and utterly insane.

My innocent character is, well, my youngest and 'I need cutes x:' character. She's generally anywhere from ten to sixteen, from a middle class family, human, and mute. Her folks think being mute is some sort of curse or stain on their family name so she is pretty much schooled to work behind the scenes, doing paperwork or something, where no one will talk to her (or at least expect her to reply) and she turns out rather skittish because of that.
She generally latches on to someone and follows them around until something violent happens, where she hides. She's not dense as much as... ignorant to the world around her.
I do enjoy writing charades for her though, it proves amusing XD

But yeah, if anything else is needed just lemme know and I can throw in a sketchy character. I need to work on getting more male characters anyway.
Writing large stories involves venturing out of your little safety box when it comes to characters xDD;
I've rambled enough though (I am sorry ^^; ), so I'll go back to doodling the three that I plan on throwing in (unless ya'll would rather someone else) so you guys have some sort of visual reference :3
I'm not promising the guy will look good though. I tried to sketch his face the other day and decided I should never be allowed to draw men XD;
@RooibosInBlue @Amentia

I don't particularly /like/ math, but I was always really good at it. It made logical sense. I liked geometry more than algebra because it was explained why things worked, rather than just giving you theorems and expecting you to accept it was true xDD
Will never forget our first day of proof-learning in high school though.
Had to ask the teacher for help and she came over.
"... You do know you're making this harder on yourself, right?"
"Yes D: Halp."

I'm -technically- in high school too, but it's because I had to drop out due to medical reasons when I was in my junior year. I'm much better now though, so I'm looking to complete my diploma online.
And then on to computer technician training and a paralegal degree xDD

Also, thank you. I'm in no way accustomed to ooc boards separate to the actual role play itself. It's been probably... seven or eight years since I role played on Neopets, and the forums I've been on had a chat box xDD

(And Zelda is ♥)

As for my characters... oh boy I have a lot of crazy.

The three I planned on writing in, I think at the moment would prove the most beneficial at the moment to the role play? Also, I apologize for what will probably be a novel. I ramble a lot xDD; I'll try to limit my posts to <1k words when in character.

My first mercenary is a fiery short lady (Aelon) who travels with my second mercenary (I'll have to figure a name for him oops), who keeps her in line. The lady is very prone to being angry and violent, whereas he is more calm.
They are... uh... interesting. I actually have them as an 'original' (but if you think about it, what is truly fully original? xD) species from my storyverse I am trying to write a book for, so they won't be completely like they are there. I was thinking of having them being sort of half-beasts that conceal their inhuman appearances by magical artifacts? She has some high-level fire abilities but she has a short threshold for how much she can use and it's life-threatening if she hits that, so. (Besides, just dump a bucket o' water on her head and that'll be that xD)
He has no special abilities other than the fact he's like, 6'10" (208 cm). She's 5'2" (158 cm), so.

They're an amusing duo. They bicker a lot.
But uh, I was thinking if nothing changed much before I wrote up an intro, I could throw them at Sahar. I planned on having them arguing over a client that had hired them to take them to Cabat and then skipped out on paying them, and then go to the marketplace to restock before getting out of Dodge since Cabat would sooner lock them up for just existing than letting them be xD
But uh, it could be a peaceful encounter or a volatile one depending on if the lady mercenary opens her mouth or not.

As for my thief (Kiran), I could easily substitute her for her for hire hitman friend, but. I'm not completely sure on the hitman's personality at the present, other than she's quiet.
Kiran shifts into an ordinary house cat-like deal, something easily overlooked and with ability to get where people can't. I normally have her working for someone higher up in the underground ring of shady businesses, but she can go solo well-enough as well.
And she's uh... well, she's playful to say the least. She's actually very calculating and observant, not as much as the lady mercenary, but decently enough. She gets into a lot of trouble, and often does so, but.

I'm completely certain no matter where I'll throw her she'll playfully toy with whoever she interacts with. But I think she'd be best at the pub with Relina and Ezra. I'm certain she'd know Ezra, and since Ezra is in the intel business, I'm sure he'd at least have heard of her (especially since they'd work in the same city haha...). She's not so much a pickpocket as much as a breaking and entering type of thief, so she'd work for hire and/or sell what she collected on the Black Market.
Either way, she'd have a blast antagonizing Relina. She'll probably bite off more than she can chew, but that's entertaining to her xDD

Uuh, for my other characters (which I have no issues bringing in as is needed. I'm used to writing for upwards of 7+ characters)...

My hitman lady is quiet. Aaand that's about all I know of her. She's a much more serious than my thief is, and normally they are at least acquaintances. She kinda mellows out Kiran's hyper tendencies, but. She's not essential.

My card reader/fortune teller lady is the definition of 'everything in balance'. She's pretty much neutral most of the time and tries to be calm and unbiased all the time. It doesn't work out well, but. I normally have her as a merchant of some sort, and I can also have her be completely human with no abilities at all.
If she does have abilities it's normally geared toward empathy (feeling the emotions of others) which does more harm than good; she's not good at filtering things out to target one person in particular and gets the entire crowd's chaos resting on her shoulders. Thus the reason for 'calm and mellow' philosophy she has. If she can focus on blocking it out and not letting one emotion spark a torrent of everyone else's rushing in at her, she is generally good to go.
Ooor she could have equally muddled future sight-like things. Which is essentially "You might have a cheeseburger today or tomorrow." (Not that cheeseburgers exist in medieval times, but it's more so to explain xD) Thus the card-reading. Easier to pretend she knows what she's talking about.
I'd be fine with her being a normal, plain human though. It proves for entertainment when she tries to intervene in something to be an unbiased voice and do good, only to have her get in over her head and flail about.

Uuh, the ghost/psychic lady is of equal undeveloped levels as the hitman lady. All I know is she's a dark-skinned elf and carries around skulls. Somehow I imagine her talking to them like they talk back to her xD I'm sure she could be written off by other characters as completely and utterly insane.

My innocent character is, well, my youngest and 'I need cutes x:' character. She's generally anywhere from ten to sixteen, from a middle class family, human, and mute. Her folks think being mute is some sort of curse or stain on their family name so she is pretty much schooled to work behind the scenes, doing paperwork or something, where no one will talk to her (or at least expect her to reply) and she turns out rather skittish because of that.
She generally latches on to someone and follows them around until something violent happens, where she hides. She's not dense as much as... ignorant to the world around her.
I do enjoy writing charades for her though, it proves amusing XD

But yeah, if anything else is needed just lemme know and I can throw in a sketchy character. I need to work on getting more male characters anyway.
Writing large stories involves venturing out of your little safety box when it comes to characters xDD;
I've rambled enough though (I am sorry ^^; ), so I'll go back to doodling the three that I plan on throwing in (unless ya'll would rather someone else) so you guys have some sort of visual reference :3
I'm not promising the guy will look good though. I tried to sketch his face the other day and decided I should never be allowed to draw men XD;
So sad, calculus is so much fun when there aren't too many variables! I'm sorry to hear about your health problems, but good luck with getting your degrees! (Also yaaaas zelda!!!)
Haha yeah no problem. I used to use proboards rps where there are a million different threads for everything.

Wow! You've really have a lot of ideas for your characters hahaha. I normally just have one character that I try to go really in depth with and then I'll try to bring in a second character right around the time the rp is about to die... I'd say stick with the characters that you feel most comfortable with so it's easier to respond. Plus, your mercenary pair sounds fun :V

@ghostil
So sad, calculus is so much fun when there aren't too many variables! I'm sorry to hear about your health problems, but good luck with getting your degrees! (Also yaaaas zelda!!!)
Haha yeah no problem. I used to use proboards rps where there are a million different threads for everything.

Wow! You've really have a lot of ideas for your characters hahaha. I normally just have one character that I try to go really in depth with and then I'll try to bring in a second character right around the time the rp is about to die... I'd say stick with the characters that you feel most comfortable with so it's easier to respond. Plus, your mercenary pair sounds fun :V

@ghostil
1 2