Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Bloodlust and Vengeance [private]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
@MidnightRaven
Cadea remained silent as Kurin covered the seed with soil. She wondered when he was going to ask her for help, or even acknowledge that she was there for his benefit. But Kurin was an all or nothing type. Either he would do it himself or not at all.
Perhaps she should intervene a little. For his sake.
She quickly surveyed the area before walking off and retrieving a bone bleached white by the sun. With another swipe of her talon, the seed was uncovered and Kurin's hole destroyed. Cadea picked up the seed between her claws.
"This is a moonflower. Native to the Starfall Isles." She held the kernel in front of him, rotating it so he could see its shape. "The shell of this seed is particularly thick. So you do this." With her long nails, she scraped a chunk of the yellow seed coating to reveal a paler interior. She let it plop back into the hole she had ruined and stuck the sharper end of the bone into the dirt beside it.
"Moonflower is a climbing plant. Whether or not you want to soak the seed in water is up to you."
@MidnightRaven
Cadea remained silent as Kurin covered the seed with soil. She wondered when he was going to ask her for help, or even acknowledge that she was there for his benefit. But Kurin was an all or nothing type. Either he would do it himself or not at all.
Perhaps she should intervene a little. For his sake.
She quickly surveyed the area before walking off and retrieving a bone bleached white by the sun. With another swipe of her talon, the seed was uncovered and Kurin's hole destroyed. Cadea picked up the seed between her claws.
"This is a moonflower. Native to the Starfall Isles." She held the kernel in front of him, rotating it so he could see its shape. "The shell of this seed is particularly thick. So you do this." With her long nails, she scraped a chunk of the yellow seed coating to reveal a paler interior. She let it plop back into the hole she had ruined and stuck the sharper end of the bone into the dirt beside it.
"Moonflower is a climbing plant. Whether or not you want to soak the seed in water is up to you."
tumblr_mpc6pjjv9Z1su5dgwo1_400.gif
@nanamikiryuu

Kurin opened his mouth to protest before the WIldclaw identified the seed and revealed a little bit about it. Seeing as his clan was native to the Tangled Wood, he'd never even heard of those moon-whatever-they-were-called. But he did realize that he could use her advice.

He picked up the seed and began working on peeling it like the Wildclaw had. "Thank you," he said, once again without looking up. "I don't know much about plants, but that had to be the point of the task."

When he had finished peeling the seed, he began working on the hole again. He decided that he would soak the seed afterwards, since the Wildclaw had mentioned it, and Kurin knew from his own experience that dragons only mentioned something like that when it was important.
@nanamikiryuu

Kurin opened his mouth to protest before the WIldclaw identified the seed and revealed a little bit about it. Seeing as his clan was native to the Tangled Wood, he'd never even heard of those moon-whatever-they-were-called. But he did realize that he could use her advice.

He picked up the seed and began working on peeling it like the Wildclaw had. "Thank you," he said, once again without looking up. "I don't know much about plants, but that had to be the point of the task."

When he had finished peeling the seed, he began working on the hole again. He decided that he would soak the seed afterwards, since the Wildclaw had mentioned it, and Kurin knew from his own experience that dragons only mentioned something like that when it was important.
@MidnightRaven
Cadea noted Kurin's lack of eye contact. Probably on purpose.Shady types like him didn't want to be noticed. His preliminary payment had been a mask, no doubt important to him. That also explained how he had bunched up the fabric of his hood in front of his face.
He was obviously smart. Cold, calculated, and a certain desire for vengeance. But it was these things that lead to failure in Anarrinon's pacts. There was little to no chance that Kurin was going to get what he expected. If he failed to understand the deal would go sour.
Cadea grimaced at the thought. Still pondering, she turned her back on Kurin and sat on a nearby rock in the sun. It was still early, and the morning sun felt nice on her wings. She and Ana had gone through their fair share of sour deals as most of the shady people wanted the easy way out and chose her for her charm and smiles. Ana was always hardest on them.
It was the first day of a long two weeks. Cadea sighed, hoping for the best this time.

(( in terms of the plant i'll be in charge of how it grows and stuff if thats okay with you. depending on how Kurin takes care of it i'll decide how it reacts and when it starts germinating. Moonflowers are real plants so a lot of this is based on my personal gardening experience! Moonflowers are hard to grow so Ana and Caedis are kinda expecting Kurin to use magic so you can have some of his accomplices/followers help him out. ))
@MidnightRaven
Cadea noted Kurin's lack of eye contact. Probably on purpose.Shady types like him didn't want to be noticed. His preliminary payment had been a mask, no doubt important to him. That also explained how he had bunched up the fabric of his hood in front of his face.
He was obviously smart. Cold, calculated, and a certain desire for vengeance. But it was these things that lead to failure in Anarrinon's pacts. There was little to no chance that Kurin was going to get what he expected. If he failed to understand the deal would go sour.
Cadea grimaced at the thought. Still pondering, she turned her back on Kurin and sat on a nearby rock in the sun. It was still early, and the morning sun felt nice on her wings. She and Ana had gone through their fair share of sour deals as most of the shady people wanted the easy way out and chose her for her charm and smiles. Ana was always hardest on them.
It was the first day of a long two weeks. Cadea sighed, hoping for the best this time.

(( in terms of the plant i'll be in charge of how it grows and stuff if thats okay with you. depending on how Kurin takes care of it i'll decide how it reacts and when it starts germinating. Moonflowers are real plants so a lot of this is based on my personal gardening experience! Moonflowers are hard to grow so Ana and Caedis are kinda expecting Kurin to use magic so you can have some of his accomplices/followers help him out. ))
@nanamikiryuu
(yeah sure, that sounds fine! If you know about the plant IRL, then I'll definitely hand that over to you. I can't garden to save my life, so it's nice to know that you've got some facts here to keep me from slipping up ^^)

Kurin finished digging the hole a short time later. He climbed out of it- he'd made sure to dig a hole that he estimated to be about four inches deep or so. He had briefly remembered the Tundra telling him something like that- or was it six inches?

He grabbed the seed and walked over to the stream, using his front claws to secure some water to soak the seed in. Kurin returned to the hole and poured the water in, putting the seed in after it. Then he began working on covering the seed, barely saying a word. He wasn't in a talkative mood.
@nanamikiryuu
(yeah sure, that sounds fine! If you know about the plant IRL, then I'll definitely hand that over to you. I can't garden to save my life, so it's nice to know that you've got some facts here to keep me from slipping up ^^)

Kurin finished digging the hole a short time later. He climbed out of it- he'd made sure to dig a hole that he estimated to be about four inches deep or so. He had briefly remembered the Tundra telling him something like that- or was it six inches?

He grabbed the seed and walked over to the stream, using his front claws to secure some water to soak the seed in. Kurin returned to the hole and poured the water in, putting the seed in after it. Then he began working on covering the seed, barely saying a word. He wasn't in a talkative mood.
@MidnightRaven
((things seem a little dead right now. How about a time jump? ))
@MidnightRaven
((things seem a little dead right now. How about a time jump? ))
@nanamikiryuu (sounds good to me!)
@nanamikiryuu (sounds good to me!)
@MidnightRaven ((sorry about the delay. I would suggest switching to nighttime if you want to make something happen like encroaching monsters or other dragons. We could skip to the next morning and have Kurin taking care of the plant again and maybe looking for food. We could switch to Serakem's pov and have Anarrinon and Caedis find him. Also, are there any other characters you'd like to use as clients?? its always interesting when a third party gets involved ))
@MidnightRaven ((sorry about the delay. I would suggest switching to nighttime if you want to make something happen like encroaching monsters or other dragons. We could skip to the next morning and have Kurin taking care of the plant again and maybe looking for food. We could switch to Serakem's pov and have Anarrinon and Caedis find him. Also, are there any other characters you'd like to use as clients?? its always interesting when a third party gets involved ))
@nanamikiryuu (nah you're fine! I'll definitely skip ahead to night, because the thought of a monster attack to spice the roleplay up will be great. I'll probably also throw Serakem in in a few posts too. Other characters I might use include Adare or his father Tiakei.)

Night had fallen over the Scarred Wasteland, and Kurin was again napping in a tree. He felt safer above the diseased ground and his slender body could easily be mistaken for a branch of the tree- at least, from a distance.

Nearby, a few Serthis were lingering, displeased with the 'visitors' on their territory. They had been waiting for them to let their guard down, and then they would probably get rid of them. They were scaring off all the prey and making life hard for them in general, not to mention the threat they posed. Yes, they would definitely dispose of the dragons soon so life could get back to normal.
@nanamikiryuu (nah you're fine! I'll definitely skip ahead to night, because the thought of a monster attack to spice the roleplay up will be great. I'll probably also throw Serakem in in a few posts too. Other characters I might use include Adare or his father Tiakei.)

Night had fallen over the Scarred Wasteland, and Kurin was again napping in a tree. He felt safer above the diseased ground and his slender body could easily be mistaken for a branch of the tree- at least, from a distance.

Nearby, a few Serthis were lingering, displeased with the 'visitors' on their territory. They had been waiting for them to let their guard down, and then they would probably get rid of them. They were scaring off all the prey and making life hard for them in general, not to mention the threat they posed. Yes, they would definitely dispose of the dragons soon so life could get back to normal.
@MidnightRaven (( as clients or just characters? also I'll have Ana and Caedis find Serakem in the morning rp time. ))
Cadea looked on as she listened to Kurin's breathing above her. She and Kurin functioned on different levels and as such, Cadea's body didn't need sleep. She could still grow tired however. The monotony of the night drove her to boredom and she was stuck beneath Kurin's tree pointlessly thinking up riddles. She wouldn't dare speak of them to Kurin though, it would only infuriate him.
So enraptured by her thoughts and the stars above her, Cadea failed to her the scattering of pebbles as the Serthis made their approach.
@MidnightRaven (( as clients or just characters? also I'll have Ana and Caedis find Serakem in the morning rp time. ))
Cadea looked on as she listened to Kurin's breathing above her. She and Kurin functioned on different levels and as such, Cadea's body didn't need sleep. She could still grow tired however. The monotony of the night drove her to boredom and she was stuck beneath Kurin's tree pointlessly thinking up riddles. She wouldn't dare speak of them to Kurin though, it would only infuriate him.
So enraptured by her thoughts and the stars above her, Cadea failed to her the scattering of pebbles as the Serthis made their approach.
@nanamikiryuu (characters, for now)

The Serthis swapped a few vials of their poisons. If they threw them, perhaps the alchemist's vials would finally function and spread the clouds of poison throughout the dragon's campground. Then they could both eliminate the dragon threat without sustaining much injury, though all three of them weren't afraid of a fight. They'd taken down larger breeds before.

Suddenly, all three launched their vials. They hit the ground and shattered, spreading clouds and puddles of the stuff everywhere.

When they shattered, Kurin awoke with a start.
@nanamikiryuu (characters, for now)

The Serthis swapped a few vials of their poisons. If they threw them, perhaps the alchemist's vials would finally function and spread the clouds of poison throughout the dragon's campground. Then they could both eliminate the dragon threat without sustaining much injury, though all three of them weren't afraid of a fight. They'd taken down larger breeds before.

Suddenly, all three launched their vials. They hit the ground and shattered, spreading clouds and puddles of the stuff everywhere.

When they shattered, Kurin awoke with a start.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15