Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Bloodlust and Vengeance [private]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
@MidnightRaven
"My name is Caedis. This is my sister," She gestured with her tail. "Anarrinon."
"You are in need of something," Anarrinon continued, her voice soft and smooth as honey compared to her partner's rasp.
"Something you cannot attain on your own," The two of them began walking towards him, feet completely silent on the stone floor.
"So please," Asked the honey covered voice.
"Tell us what it is?"
"And we might just be able to help." They said together in tandem, their voices reverberating eerily in the darkness of the cave.
@MidnightRaven
"My name is Caedis. This is my sister," She gestured with her tail. "Anarrinon."
"You are in need of something," Anarrinon continued, her voice soft and smooth as honey compared to her partner's rasp.
"Something you cannot attain on your own," The two of them began walking towards him, feet completely silent on the stone floor.
"So please," Asked the honey covered voice.
"Tell us what it is?"
"And we might just be able to help." They said together in tandem, their voices reverberating eerily in the darkness of the cave.
tumblr_mpc6pjjv9Z1su5dgwo1_400.gif
@nanamikiryuu
(Last post for tonight.)

Kurin's tail tip twitched. He wanted to know how these Coatls had gotten ahold of this information- but he didn't dare interrogate him. He didn't want a fight- not now. Two Coatls getting attacked by a rogue Fae might be suspicious.

"How do you know this information?" he asked after a long moment.

(I figured it was reasonable for Kurin to be suspicious first. I mean, revealing information like that to strangers is a pretty big deal to him. Sorry if it seems like I'm wandering away from the point.)
@nanamikiryuu
(Last post for tonight.)

Kurin's tail tip twitched. He wanted to know how these Coatls had gotten ahold of this information- but he didn't dare interrogate him. He didn't want a fight- not now. Two Coatls getting attacked by a rogue Fae might be suspicious.

"How do you know this information?" he asked after a long moment.

(I figured it was reasonable for Kurin to be suspicious first. I mean, revealing information like that to strangers is a pretty big deal to him. Sorry if it seems like I'm wandering away from the point.)
@MidnightRaven ((nah i gotchu it makes sense.)
The two of them laughed, a bright sound that seemed so out of place in the dark. Anarrinon continued.
"We know because we know. You may think you stumbled upon us, but in fact we found you."
"What is it you are looking for? Because we can help." Caedis' voice lowered to a hiss.
"Any of your desires," Anarrinon took a step forward. "We can grant."
"Now you know our names," Caedis voice was still low and it glided among the stalactites. "It would be rude not to tell us yours."
@MidnightRaven ((nah i gotchu it makes sense.)
The two of them laughed, a bright sound that seemed so out of place in the dark. Anarrinon continued.
"We know because we know. You may think you stumbled upon us, but in fact we found you."
"What is it you are looking for? Because we can help." Caedis' voice lowered to a hiss.
"Any of your desires," Anarrinon took a step forward. "We can grant."
"Now you know our names," Caedis voice was still low and it glided among the stalactites. "It would be rude not to tell us yours."
@nanamikiryuu
When they asked his name, Kurin got even more uncomfortable. He couldn't risk telling the Coatls the truth- and who was to say that they would detect the truth?

"My name is Tyrus," he said, hoping that his voice or body language revealed nothing about his lie. "That's all you need to know for now." He didn't want to tell these Coatls his story either- they were strangers. Telling them about himself would possibly get him killed.
@nanamikiryuu
When they asked his name, Kurin got even more uncomfortable. He couldn't risk telling the Coatls the truth- and who was to say that they would detect the truth?

"My name is Tyrus," he said, hoping that his voice or body language revealed nothing about his lie. "That's all you need to know for now." He didn't want to tell these Coatls his story either- they were strangers. Telling them about himself would possibly get him killed.
@MidnightRaven
They laughed again and it echoed throughout the stone walls.
"Liar." Caedis hissed. Anarrinon giggled.
"Liar!" She chimed in. Of course asking his name was just a formality. They already knew his name.
"Please Kurin," Caedis smiled again, revealing her glimmering white fangs. "Don't make us pry."
"Because we can." Anarrinon chirped, the hint of a laugh at the back of her throat. "But we'd rather not."
"You don't have to tell us your past or your plans," Caedis calmly walked forward, her eyes boring into his mask, her smile never fading. "Just tell us what you want."
@MidnightRaven
They laughed again and it echoed throughout the stone walls.
"Liar." Caedis hissed. Anarrinon giggled.
"Liar!" She chimed in. Of course asking his name was just a formality. They already knew his name.
"Please Kurin," Caedis smiled again, revealing her glimmering white fangs. "Don't make us pry."
"Because we can." Anarrinon chirped, the hint of a laugh at the back of her throat. "But we'd rather not."
"You don't have to tell us your past or your plans," Caedis calmly walked forward, her eyes boring into his mask, her smile never fading. "Just tell us what you want."
@nanamikiryuu
(Dang these Pactmakers are creepy. Must resist urge to draw them.)
Kurin froze. How did they know his name...? And why in the Shadowbinder's name did they want to know what he wanted so badly?

He folded his wings instinctively as a protective gesture. He didn't want to know what would happen if they decided to...how did they put it? Pry.

"Why do you want to know this information?" he asked after a long moment. He wanted to out off revealing his desires as long as he could, but something told him that move could be dangerous.
@nanamikiryuu
(Dang these Pactmakers are creepy. Must resist urge to draw them.)
Kurin froze. How did they know his name...? And why in the Shadowbinder's name did they want to know what he wanted so badly?

He folded his wings instinctively as a protective gesture. He didn't want to know what would happen if they decided to...how did they put it? Pry.

"Why do you want to know this information?" he asked after a long moment. He wanted to out off revealing his desires as long as he could, but something told him that move could be dangerous.
@MidnightRaven
Caedis stepped back. She had done her work for now. Anarrinon stayed still, her eyes placidly closed as she sensed Kurin growing ever more wary. Time to get into the details.
"My sister and I can grant you a gift or service of your liking as long as you provide us with a gift or service of equal value." She paused for effect. "I promise, anything you desire is within our abilities, and what we will ask of you will be well within yours."
"The two of us can grant your wish all the same," Caedis' voice rasped. She was retreating into the darkness, the cave's echoes making her hard to pinpoint. "Our methods are simply a little different as will be what we ask of you."
"It is no accident you stumbled upon this place." Anarrinon continued. "It is beyond your comprehension but you were meant to be here. We, on the other hand, happened upon the opportunity." She hoped she wasn't confusing him. Many of their previous clients had questioned them for hours about matters like this. She hoped it wouldn't be the case this time.
"Think of it like a business," Caedis hissed, still invisible. "Everyone gets a little something. Only in this case, we are the only possible providers."
@MidnightRaven
Caedis stepped back. She had done her work for now. Anarrinon stayed still, her eyes placidly closed as she sensed Kurin growing ever more wary. Time to get into the details.
"My sister and I can grant you a gift or service of your liking as long as you provide us with a gift or service of equal value." She paused for effect. "I promise, anything you desire is within our abilities, and what we will ask of you will be well within yours."
"The two of us can grant your wish all the same," Caedis' voice rasped. She was retreating into the darkness, the cave's echoes making her hard to pinpoint. "Our methods are simply a little different as will be what we ask of you."
"It is no accident you stumbled upon this place." Anarrinon continued. "It is beyond your comprehension but you were meant to be here. We, on the other hand, happened upon the opportunity." She hoped she wasn't confusing him. Many of their previous clients had questioned them for hours about matters like this. She hoped it wouldn't be the case this time.
"Think of it like a business," Caedis hissed, still invisible. "Everyone gets a little something. Only in this case, we are the only possible providers."
@nanamikiryuu

Kurin was silent for a long time after the Coatls were finished. In the one hand, he could definitely accomplish a certain task- a bloody one- that he'd been trying to find the resources to do for a very long time. But on the other, he certainly didn't like the thought of having to pay someone back. Of he was to ask them to do what he had in mind, the cost would probably be something he couldn't do. He'd always heard that these kinds of payments were high value, and with the unpleasantness of the task he would request, well, the price might be something that he couldn't handle.

But these Coatls were the only way to do something like this, as they claimed. So perhaps it would be smart to seize the opportunity. He knew exactly what he wanted to take from the Skydancer- he did show feelings for the lightning mage. And Kurin doubted that she would be missed.

"What would be the price for an assassination?" he asked, grinning a little bit behind his mask.
@nanamikiryuu

Kurin was silent for a long time after the Coatls were finished. In the one hand, he could definitely accomplish a certain task- a bloody one- that he'd been trying to find the resources to do for a very long time. But on the other, he certainly didn't like the thought of having to pay someone back. Of he was to ask them to do what he had in mind, the cost would probably be something he couldn't do. He'd always heard that these kinds of payments were high value, and with the unpleasantness of the task he would request, well, the price might be something that he couldn't handle.

But these Coatls were the only way to do something like this, as they claimed. So perhaps it would be smart to seize the opportunity. He knew exactly what he wanted to take from the Skydancer- he did show feelings for the lightning mage. And Kurin doubted that she would be missed.

"What would be the price for an assassination?" he asked, grinning a little bit behind his mask.
@MidnightRaven
"That is a service easily accomplished by yourself." Anarrinon responded. "We can give you the means of a more effective assassination but we would rather not perform such a simple task."
"Just killing someone isn't nearly as interesting as a full fledged deal." Caedis hissed. "WOuldn't you much rather the sensation of killing someone you detest yourself?"
"The price depends on who you choose to make the deal with," Anarrinon continued. "Me or Caedis. We have different methods but the choice is yours."
"State your wish, as precise and accurate as can be," Caedis' low, rumbling voice seemed to come from behind Kurin. "Our price will always be possible for you in your current situation, so worry not."
"Now," Anarrinon's voice echoed, different somehow. Her tone carried a certain finality and she faced Kurin with a look of confidence. "What is it you truly desire?"
@MidnightRaven
"That is a service easily accomplished by yourself." Anarrinon responded. "We can give you the means of a more effective assassination but we would rather not perform such a simple task."
"Just killing someone isn't nearly as interesting as a full fledged deal." Caedis hissed. "WOuldn't you much rather the sensation of killing someone you detest yourself?"
"The price depends on who you choose to make the deal with," Anarrinon continued. "Me or Caedis. We have different methods but the choice is yours."
"State your wish, as precise and accurate as can be," Caedis' low, rumbling voice seemed to come from behind Kurin. "Our price will always be possible for you in your current situation, so worry not."
"Now," Anarrinon's voice echoed, different somehow. Her tone carried a certain finality and she faced Kurin with a look of confidence. "What is it you truly desire?"
@nanamikiryuu
Kurin fell silent again. The Coatls did have a point- it would be more satisfying to do the job himself. If he was to confront the Skydancer again, he decided that he wouldn't take the mage's life. He would kill the clan leader as revenge for taking his brother. A life for a life.

"I want the means to kill a Skydancer," Kurin said, still grinning behind his mask. This would be incredibly satisfying- the Skydancer wouldn't see it coming. And there was no way in Sorenith that Kurin would show him mercy. "That's what I want." He turned to look at the gentler Coatl- perhaps her price wouldn't be as difficult to pay as the hooded, more violent-looking Coatl's would be. "Let's make a deal."
@nanamikiryuu
Kurin fell silent again. The Coatls did have a point- it would be more satisfying to do the job himself. If he was to confront the Skydancer again, he decided that he wouldn't take the mage's life. He would kill the clan leader as revenge for taking his brother. A life for a life.

"I want the means to kill a Skydancer," Kurin said, still grinning behind his mask. This would be incredibly satisfying- the Skydancer wouldn't see it coming. And there was no way in Sorenith that Kurin would show him mercy. "That's what I want." He turned to look at the gentler Coatl- perhaps her price wouldn't be as difficult to pay as the hooded, more violent-looking Coatl's would be. "Let's make a deal."
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15