Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Hunting Grounds (Open!)
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
@DarkHunter

Aurawing smiled at her correct choice, but soon moved on to the next task: climbing. She flexed her claws, preparing them for the climb. "Well," she began, looking at Darksong, "I think getting good paw holds would be a nice start."
@DarkHunter

Aurawing smiled at her correct choice, but soon moved on to the next task: climbing. She flexed her claws, preparing them for the climb. "Well," she began, looking at Darksong, "I think getting good paw holds would be a nice start."
"Well then." Darksong purred. "Go ahead!"
Her ear twitched as she heard a scuffling in the leaves a few paces away. Automatically she dropped into a crouch, looking over.
She scented the air- vole. The wind took her scent away from the prey as she crept forward, carefully stepping her paws. The scuffling paused and she shot forward before it could run, quickly killing it.
Picking up the small piece of prey in her teeth, she walked back to the tree Aurawing was climbing and set it down. Every piece of prey was valuable before snow-scarce.

@AuroraLights
"Well then." Darksong purred. "Go ahead!"
Her ear twitched as she heard a scuffling in the leaves a few paces away. Automatically she dropped into a crouch, looking over.
She scented the air- vole. The wind took her scent away from the prey as she crept forward, carefully stepping her paws. The scuffling paused and she shot forward before it could run, quickly killing it.
Picking up the small piece of prey in her teeth, she walked back to the tree Aurawing was climbing and set it down. Every piece of prey was valuable before snow-scarce.

@AuroraLights
@auroralights

Rosewing looked at it a moment before tilting her head. "What do I use to strike it?" She asked
@auroralights

Rosewing looked at it a moment before tilting her head. "What do I use to strike it?" She asked
E2amngG.png04n5rQx.png8th6mfc.pngtPW2xgo.pngarOGchX.png
@DarkHunter

Aurawing stretched her forelegs, digging her claws into the rough bark. She tugged lightly, testing the paw holds before hoisting herself up and digging her back claws in. They slipped for a moment, but soon she was latched onto the trunk, ready to ascend further.

@DalphiaRose

"A good question," Rowanstrike answered her. "If this stick was an enemy's flank, what would you use to strike it effectively?"
@DarkHunter

Aurawing stretched her forelegs, digging her claws into the rough bark. She tugged lightly, testing the paw holds before hoisting herself up and digging her back claws in. They slipped for a moment, but soon she was latched onto the trunk, ready to ascend further.

@DalphiaRose

"A good question," Rowanstrike answered her. "If this stick was an enemy's flank, what would you use to strike it effectively?"
@AuroraLights

Rose wing thought a moment. "Uh, a claw?" She said unsure
@AuroraLights

Rose wing thought a moment. "Uh, a claw?" She said unsure
@DalphiaRose

"Right," Rowanstrike nodded. "Show me." He gripped the stick at the top, bracing for the strike. "Be careful not to hit your knuckles when you strike."
@DalphiaRose

"Right," Rowanstrike nodded. "Show me." He gripped the stick at the top, bracing for the strike. "Be careful not to hit your knuckles when you strike."
"Try getting to the fifth brach up." Darksong called up to her Dragonlet, flicking her ear. "I don't want you going too high today."
When she had been an Dragonlet, one of the Defenders had died of a broken back when he climbed too high and fell. She would let Aurawing climb higher later in her training, but on their first session there was no reason to go too far.

@AuroraLights
"Try getting to the fifth brach up." Darksong called up to her Dragonlet, flicking her ear. "I don't want you going too high today."
When she had been an Dragonlet, one of the Defenders had died of a broken back when he climbed too high and fell. She would let Aurawing climb higher later in her training, but on their first session there was no reason to go too far.

@AuroraLights
@DarkHunter

"Okay!" Aurawing called down, breathing heavily as she reached the second branch. She grunted as she kept going, her leg muscles feeling worked already. Her whole weight was working against her, her wings flapping in an attempt to give her some lift. She soon reached the third branch. "Almost there..." she said to herself, trying to give herself confidence.
@DarkHunter

"Okay!" Aurawing called down, breathing heavily as she reached the second branch. She grunted as she kept going, her leg muscles feeling worked already. Her whole weight was working against her, her wings flapping in an attempt to give her some lift. She soon reached the third branch. "Almost there..." she said to herself, trying to give herself confidence.
"Keep your wings tucked!" Darksong told her, raising her voice as the Dragonlet moved higher. "It might help to balance you, but if you're trying to stay on a top branch the wind could easily shove you off if it catches your wings. Better to get into the habit of keeping them closed."
"Keep your wings tucked!" Darksong told her, raising her voice as the Dragonlet moved higher. "It might help to balance you, but if you're trying to stay on a top branch the wind could easily shove you off if it catches your wings. Better to get into the habit of keeping them closed."
@AuroraLights ((sorry, had been on vacation the last two weeks so I was slow and lacked quality in my posts...))

Rosewing took a deep breath before taking a good swing, claws out, at the "flank". Her little tongue stuck out in her concentration. As her paw/claw hit it's mark, her whole body followed along until she was flat on the ground before the stick that had barely a scratch on it.
@AuroraLights ((sorry, had been on vacation the last two weeks so I was slow and lacked quality in my posts...))

Rosewing took a deep breath before taking a good swing, claws out, at the "flank". Her little tongue stuck out in her concentration. As her paw/claw hit it's mark, her whole body followed along until she was flat on the ground before the stick that had barely a scratch on it.
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12