Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [LF] An RP partner!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
@CarrotFlinger @Carnifex @nanamikiryuu
You can have as many as you want. I know I'm gonna have more than one.
@CarrotFlinger @Carnifex @nanamikiryuu
You can have as many as you want. I know I'm gonna have more than one.
@CarrotFlinger @Carnifex @MidnightRaven
i was thinking about this all day and ive already drawn all my characters
i also think a good idea is to have shifters in their human forms have very subtle and kinda useless magic. its a neat worldbuilding idea and could also help shifters with memory sickness figure out who they are
like water shifters almost never get dehydrated and never have chapped lips
earth shitfters would be the opposite and would need extra water to stay healthy and would p much always have calluses on their hands and feet
lightning shifters could turn on phones and computers just by touching them and theres always a 85% chance you'll get static shock from them when you touch them
When plague shifters get sick, everybody they see on a daily basis also gets sick. For other shifters its a minor cold but for humans its more like the flu. that could potentially be used for societal tensions as authorities would want to keep plague shifters separate from humans (so like public places and bathrooms specifically for plague shifters and classes containing only shifters). it could also be used for your street fighter gang, where they're all plague shifters who band together bc theyre shunned by a majority of society
Nature shifter could make flower buds open up just by touching them. when they sneeze theyre snot is extra globby and green and kind of disgusting but if you buried it near the roots of a plant it would act like a fertilizer. same with their spit. Some nature shifters sneeze into tissues and then hold onto them for their gardens and humans think its disgusting.
Wind shifters can hold their breath longer and have bigger lung capacities so in school theyre good students to have in band and chorus.
i'll come up with more for Light, Shadow, and Arcane but you get the basic idea. other than this they could do really stupid stuff like making the tip of their finger light up or being able to make extra realistic fart noises with their hands.
@CarrotFlinger @Carnifex @MidnightRaven
i was thinking about this all day and ive already drawn all my characters
i also think a good idea is to have shifters in their human forms have very subtle and kinda useless magic. its a neat worldbuilding idea and could also help shifters with memory sickness figure out who they are
like water shifters almost never get dehydrated and never have chapped lips
earth shitfters would be the opposite and would need extra water to stay healthy and would p much always have calluses on their hands and feet
lightning shifters could turn on phones and computers just by touching them and theres always a 85% chance you'll get static shock from them when you touch them
When plague shifters get sick, everybody they see on a daily basis also gets sick. For other shifters its a minor cold but for humans its more like the flu. that could potentially be used for societal tensions as authorities would want to keep plague shifters separate from humans (so like public places and bathrooms specifically for plague shifters and classes containing only shifters). it could also be used for your street fighter gang, where they're all plague shifters who band together bc theyre shunned by a majority of society
Nature shifter could make flower buds open up just by touching them. when they sneeze theyre snot is extra globby and green and kind of disgusting but if you buried it near the roots of a plant it would act like a fertilizer. same with their spit. Some nature shifters sneeze into tissues and then hold onto them for their gardens and humans think its disgusting.
Wind shifters can hold their breath longer and have bigger lung capacities so in school theyre good students to have in band and chorus.
i'll come up with more for Light, Shadow, and Arcane but you get the basic idea. other than this they could do really stupid stuff like making the tip of their finger light up or being able to make extra realistic fart noises with their hands.
tumblr_mpc6pjjv9Z1su5dgwo1_400.gif
@MidnightRaven @CarrotFlinger @nanamikiryuu

Whoops I'm still here, just sort of reading and being all "cool". I just need to figure out what I want to do for a character...hm.
@MidnightRaven @CarrotFlinger @nanamikiryuu

Whoops I'm still here, just sort of reading and being all "cool". I just need to figure out what I want to do for a character...hm.
JXVUomh.png
@Carnifex
just choose some of ur favorite dragons from ur lair and make gijinkas!! if you cant draw i'll do 'em for you for like 10 gems or somethin. up to you
@Carnifex
just choose some of ur favorite dragons from ur lair and make gijinkas!! if you cant draw i'll do 'em for you for like 10 gems or somethin. up to you
@nanamikiryuu

Man I wish it was that easy. I suck at trying to make AU versions of these dragons so I usually just end up making up a dragon in the SW, I just need to get around to doing that, whoops.
@nanamikiryuu

Man I wish it was that easy. I suck at trying to make AU versions of these dragons so I usually just end up making up a dragon in the SW, I just need to get around to doing that, whoops.
JXVUomh.png
@Carnifex
uuhhhh 2 of the characters im using are highschool students in junior year so you could have characters around the same age (or that you perceive to be that age) to make interactions easier
another one is a bodyguard and lives in a dragon only city, protecting and watching over a member of the Arcane court (bc she's an Arcane dragon so its gotta be arcane). if you have any Arcane dragons in your lair that you like you can make them a noble or something
or, since your part of plague, could be the antagonist Mirror Image who are (probably but i gotta confirm w/ Midnight) a gang of plague shifters
OR if none a these sound too great pick your 4 favorite dragons in your lair and tell me if they were human:
1. Would they sing in the shower?
2. What's their favorite band/artist/music genre ?
3. What would their nationality be?
4. What is their opinion on naps?
5. What is their opinion on cheese fries?

and then leave the rest to me. i'll post the gijinkas i drew tomorrow bc im tired rn and its on paper so its a whole big process gettin it on my laptop. anyway just tell me what you think
@Carnifex
uuhhhh 2 of the characters im using are highschool students in junior year so you could have characters around the same age (or that you perceive to be that age) to make interactions easier
another one is a bodyguard and lives in a dragon only city, protecting and watching over a member of the Arcane court (bc she's an Arcane dragon so its gotta be arcane). if you have any Arcane dragons in your lair that you like you can make them a noble or something
or, since your part of plague, could be the antagonist Mirror Image who are (probably but i gotta confirm w/ Midnight) a gang of plague shifters
OR if none a these sound too great pick your 4 favorite dragons in your lair and tell me if they were human:
1. Would they sing in the shower?
2. What's their favorite band/artist/music genre ?
3. What would their nationality be?
4. What is their opinion on naps?
5. What is their opinion on cheese fries?

and then leave the rest to me. i'll post the gijinkas i drew tomorrow bc im tired rn and its on paper so its a whole big process gettin it on my laptop. anyway just tell me what you think
@nanamikiryuu @Carnifex @CarrotFlinger
holy cow nanami your headcanons are amazing more please
Anyway, I was going to have Mirror Image led by my derg Serakem, who would be a shifter in this AU. He's a Wind shifter, but maybe he could have taken the reins from the old leader, who was a Plague dragon, before the time when the RP starts.
So Mirror Image is about 75% Plague dragons, and all the rest are assorted shifters from other flights.
As for some headcanons about Shadow, Light, Ice, and Arcane, I've got a few I'd like to add.
Maybe light around Shadow shifters, the light always seems muted and darker. And maybe vice versa for Light shifters? Also, maybe the air around Ice shifters always seems colder than normal and stuff freezes faster?
As for Arcane, I'm still thinking :P
@nanamikiryuu @Carnifex @CarrotFlinger
holy cow nanami your headcanons are amazing more please
Anyway, I was going to have Mirror Image led by my derg Serakem, who would be a shifter in this AU. He's a Wind shifter, but maybe he could have taken the reins from the old leader, who was a Plague dragon, before the time when the RP starts.
So Mirror Image is about 75% Plague dragons, and all the rest are assorted shifters from other flights.
As for some headcanons about Shadow, Light, Ice, and Arcane, I've got a few I'd like to add.
Maybe light around Shadow shifters, the light always seems muted and darker. And maybe vice versa for Light shifters? Also, maybe the air around Ice shifters always seems colder than normal and stuff freezes faster?
As for Arcane, I'm still thinking :P
@MidnightRaven @CarrotFlinger @Carnifex
i was thinking since Shadow is games and tricks and stuff they could influence things like dice rolls and coin tosses
Light is like history and philosophy so maybe all Light shifters have photographic memory ?
Ice shifters would have a higher tolerance for cold and wear sandals and tshirts in November.
Arcane is like science magic and with familiars like Ruby Webwing and Sakura owl weird stuff happens to them. Like the sakura owls turned pink and ruby webwings never stop growing. so idk i was thinking something with growth?? like maybe they can grow little pink crystals but idk
i was thinking since Shadow is games and tricks and stuff they could influence things like dice rolls and coin tosses
Light is like history and philosophy so maybe all Light shifters have photographic memory ?
Ice shifters would have a higher tolerance for cold and wear sandals and tshirts in November.
Arcane is like science magic and with familiars like Ruby Webwing and Sakura owl weird stuff happens to them. Like the sakura owls turned pink and ruby webwings never stop growing. so idk i was thinking something with growth?? like maybe they can grow little pink crystals but idk
@nanamikiryuu @CarrotFlinger @Carnifex
Those sound pretty good to me :D Your headcanons are great!
I can just imagine this going on between an Ice shifter and someone else:
"Why are you wearing a tank top, it's November."
"I'm hot."
"It's forty degrees outside!"
"I don't care, I'm still hot. Where's the thermostat when you need it..."
@nanamikiryuu @CarrotFlinger @Carnifex
Those sound pretty good to me :D Your headcanons are great!
I can just imagine this going on between an Ice shifter and someone else:
"Why are you wearing a tank top, it's November."
"I'm hot."
"It's forty degrees outside!"
"I don't care, I'm still hot. Where's the thermostat when you need it..."
OOOOH i got it i got it
When Arcane shifters are really happy or excited they give off these lil fluorescent sparks of magic (which would be pink of course). The same thing happens when they snap their fingers and sneeze. If they have pets or a garden, whatever it is grows to an abnormally large size.
so like GIANT tomatoes
Fire shifters are kinda the same. Paper and cardboard spontaneously combust around them when theyre overly excited or angry. Sometimes they cough up sparks and ashes.
also, if this rp takes place in an integrated shifter,dragon, human city than there should be some unique laws for shifters. Like ridgeback, guardian, imperial, skydancer, and possibly mirror shifters wouldnt be allowed to shift inside the city bc theyre too big and can cause commotion. Or if youre big and you shift inside a house you end up tearing it apart from the inside. Snappers would probably be included too, not necessarily for size purposes more like weight.
dragons probably also have to make some sort of government because although before they weren't a very organized species they would probably have to be now in order to peacefully coexist with humans so their would have to be some kind of dragon government. Probably a monarchy where those closest to the dragon deities are considered royalty. so thered be like the Arcane royalty, the Plague royalty, the Ice royalty and so on.
It would mostly be used for keeping dragons in check and making sure they dont hunt in human territories (or hunt humans) or destroy human property.
anyway, someone get me a badge that says "worldbuilder extraordinaire" >:3c
OOOOH i got it i got it
When Arcane shifters are really happy or excited they give off these lil fluorescent sparks of magic (which would be pink of course). The same thing happens when they snap their fingers and sneeze. If they have pets or a garden, whatever it is grows to an abnormally large size.
so like GIANT tomatoes
Fire shifters are kinda the same. Paper and cardboard spontaneously combust around them when theyre overly excited or angry. Sometimes they cough up sparks and ashes.
also, if this rp takes place in an integrated shifter,dragon, human city than there should be some unique laws for shifters. Like ridgeback, guardian, imperial, skydancer, and possibly mirror shifters wouldnt be allowed to shift inside the city bc theyre too big and can cause commotion. Or if youre big and you shift inside a house you end up tearing it apart from the inside. Snappers would probably be included too, not necessarily for size purposes more like weight.
dragons probably also have to make some sort of government because although before they weren't a very organized species they would probably have to be now in order to peacefully coexist with humans so their would have to be some kind of dragon government. Probably a monarchy where those closest to the dragon deities are considered royalty. so thered be like the Arcane royalty, the Plague royalty, the Ice royalty and so on.
It would mostly be used for keeping dragons in check and making sure they dont hunt in human territories (or hunt humans) or destroy human property.
anyway, someone get me a badge that says "worldbuilder extraordinaire" >:3c
1 2 3 4 5 6 7