Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Break {Private}
1 2 3
((This is open for one person only, as soon as someone joins then it will become private. You can reserve your spot. I ask that you're semi-literate to literate. I expect at least two paragraphs. No god-modding, powerplaying, etc. I'm winging this and have no particular plot idea in mind. Romance is an option if you wish, but I will only pair her up with a male Also if you were interested in joining, but someone beat you to it; I'm always up for a roleplay just message me and maybe we can come up with something.)) ~~~ [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=11351901] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/113520/11351901_350.png[/img] [/url] The long grass swayed in the afternoon sunlight, a rolling ocean of green that churned and danced with the currents of the warm wind. The blue sky was full of white fluffy clouds that seemed to creep across the blue backdrop as if in no hurry to leave the peaceful field. Kelxiris lay on her back smack in the center of the field, eyes half closed into slits. A soft purr of satisfaction emanated from her vibrating body as the Coatl enjoyed the warm air that brushed through her wing feathers splayed out to either side and played at the hood she wore, which was currently down. Her brown armor glinted in the sunlight, a sharp contrast to the green sea around her. It was difficult to tell where armor ended and Coatl began, so similar in color were her hide and apparel. Kelxiris cracked one golden eye open before closing it again and stretching out her forepaws to the sky before rolling onto her belly. She kept her wings stretched out and her tail was splayed out behind her. The she-dragon made sure to stretch all four of her legs so that the warmth of the sun didn't miss them before she rested her head between her forelegs with a sigh of contentment. How different this was from the harsh, icy, coldness of her home. She could lay here for hours. And with that thought she drifted off into a contented sleep, a smile on her face.
((This is open for one person only, as soon as someone joins then it will become private. You can reserve your spot. I ask that you're semi-literate to literate. I expect at least two paragraphs. No god-modding, powerplaying, etc.

I'm winging this and have no particular plot idea in mind. Romance is an option if you wish, but I will only pair her up with a male

Also if you were interested in joining, but someone beat you to it; I'm always up for a roleplay just message me and maybe we can come up with something.))

~~~

11351901_350.png

The long grass swayed in the afternoon sunlight, a rolling ocean of green that churned and danced with the currents of the warm wind. The blue sky was full of white fluffy clouds that seemed to creep across the blue backdrop as if in no hurry to leave the peaceful field.

Kelxiris lay on her back smack in the center of the field, eyes half closed into slits. A soft purr of satisfaction emanated from her vibrating body as the Coatl enjoyed the warm air that brushed through her wing feathers splayed out to either side and played at the hood she wore, which was currently down. Her brown armor glinted in the sunlight, a sharp contrast to the green sea around her.

It was difficult to tell where armor ended and Coatl began, so similar in color were her hide and apparel. Kelxiris cracked one golden eye open before closing it again and stretching out her forepaws to the sky before rolling onto her belly.

She kept her wings stretched out and her tail was splayed out behind her. The she-dragon made sure to stretch all four of her legs so that the warmth of the sun didn't miss them before she rested her head between her forelegs with a sigh of contentment. How different this was from the harsh, icy, coldness of her home.

She could lay here for hours. And with that thought she drifted off into a contented sleep, a smile on her face.
91586610.png
(( @Wakener I'll join! c: Two paragraphs for every post, or just for an intro...? I mean, I can do either, but sometimes it's a little hard to come up with something that long.. )) [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6359618] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/63597/6359618_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Yawanuri had always liked the Windswept Plateau. Of all the Flight's territories, it was one of his favorites. It was very... free. In some ways, it made him nervous, because he was always happier having something solid behind him instead of open space, but all in all, it was a beautiful place. Yawanuri was a wanderer. With his parents gone and no knowledge of any siblings he might have had, he had found didn't really belong anywhere... and he had reached that conclusion after several years of trying. He had finally come to terms with the fact that he was not particularly handsome -- and even if he was, his general cowardice would mar any attraction a female had for him. Perhaps it was for the better, because he was terrible at settling down. Every so often he had tried to quit roaming, hoping maybe he would be able to this time, but there was always something that kept him restless. Maybe it was because of his intellect. He wouldn't have called himself a genius, but he was quick, and he needed something new all the time to keep his mind from rattling itself apart. Or maybe it was because he really was as tightly wound as a watch. He was tense. He startled at the slightest noise. He had to be that way; he was small, very weak, and knew only what magic he had been able to teach himself (or occasionally, learn from stolen tomes). The metal reinforcements on his wings -- which he had pieced together himself from pilfered trinkets -- had saved his life more than once, as they kept working even when his stamina was gone. He always liked to stay anonymous and he constantly kept the element of surprise, and usually made a point to keep his head down. If there was one thing he was good at, it was hiding. That was easy, here in the long grass. It was tall enough to hide him completely, and the wind scattered his scent. He prowled through it, letting it whisper against his scales, and allowed himself to relax just a little-- until he suddenly picked up the scent of another dragon. Coatl. Female. That was all he could tell. The smell reminded him of the Southern Icefield; it had a certain crispness to it that only cold, fresh air could bring. He wasn't sure where it was coming from, but it wasn't stale, so the other dragon had to be around here somewhere.
(( @Wakener I'll join! c:

Two paragraphs for every post, or just for an intro...? I mean, I can do either, but sometimes it's a little hard to come up with something that long.. ))

Yawanuri had always liked the Windswept Plateau. Of all the Flight's territories, it was one of his favorites. It was very... free. In some ways, it made him nervous, because he was always happier having something solid behind him instead of open space, but all in all, it was a beautiful place.

Yawanuri was a wanderer. With his parents gone and no knowledge of any siblings he might have had, he had found didn't really belong anywhere... and he had reached that conclusion after several years of trying. He had finally come to terms with the fact that he was not particularly handsome -- and even if he was, his general cowardice would mar any attraction a female had for him. Perhaps it was for the better, because he was terrible at settling down. Every so often he had tried to quit roaming, hoping maybe he would be able to this time, but there was always something that kept him restless.

Maybe it was because of his intellect. He wouldn't have called himself a genius, but he was quick, and he needed something new all the time to keep his mind from rattling itself apart.

Or maybe it was because he really was as tightly wound as a watch. He was tense. He startled at the slightest noise. He had to be that way; he was small, very weak, and knew only what magic he had been able to teach himself (or occasionally, learn from stolen tomes). The metal reinforcements on his wings -- which he had pieced together himself from pilfered trinkets -- had saved his life more than once, as they kept working even when his stamina was gone. He always liked to stay anonymous and he constantly kept the element of surprise, and usually made a point to keep his head down. If there was one thing he was good at, it was hiding.

That was easy, here in the long grass. It was tall enough to hide him completely, and the wind scattered his scent. He prowled through it, letting it whisper against his scales, and allowed himself to relax just a little-- until he suddenly picked up the scent of another dragon.

Coatl. Female. That was all he could tell. The smell reminded him of the Southern Icefield; it had a certain crispness to it that only cold, fresh air could bring. He wasn't sure where it was coming from, but it wasn't stale, so the other dragon had to be around here somewhere.
"He who made you bitter made you wise."
-W.B. Yeats
@Digipup

((Preferably every post, but as long as you don't just give me just a couple of sentences then I'm good (: ))

~~~

Kelxiris' nose twitched as she lay there, breathing in the warm scents of the grass. But another scent had joined it and she opened her eyes, sitting up to survey the rolling grasses around her.

She saw nothing, but the scent she had detected was that of a Fae, and such a dragon could easily conceal themselves in the tall grasses. Somewhat alarmed now, the Coatl stood, but did not move. She raised her head higher to the air in an attempt to pinpoint the Fae's position, but the wind here was erratic and bogged down with the smell of green, growing, things.

"Who's there?" She asked, her tone wary. She flared open her wings to make herself look bigger, but also did it so she could take flight at a moment's notice.
@Digipup

((Preferably every post, but as long as you don't just give me just a couple of sentences then I'm good (: ))

~~~

Kelxiris' nose twitched as she lay there, breathing in the warm scents of the grass. But another scent had joined it and she opened her eyes, sitting up to survey the rolling grasses around her.

She saw nothing, but the scent she had detected was that of a Fae, and such a dragon could easily conceal themselves in the tall grasses. Somewhat alarmed now, the Coatl stood, but did not move. She raised her head higher to the air in an attempt to pinpoint the Fae's position, but the wind here was erratic and bogged down with the smell of green, growing, things.

"Who's there?" She asked, her tone wary. She flared open her wings to make herself look bigger, but also did it so she could take flight at a moment's notice.
91586610.png
@Wakener (( Gotcha. Also, I'm sorry if it takes me a few posts to start sounding more natural and less forced. I haven't RPed with Yawanuri in a while so it takes me a bit to settle into his character.

Also also, I generally check FR a couple of times a day for pings, and sometimes if I'm writing a long reply I'll leave the page up to edit/continue writing the post every time I sit down at my desk. Fresh eyes, you know. And it's good to force myself to slow down and write methodically instead of just whizzing up a skim-milk post haha. ))

A voice carried across the field on the breeze -- Yawanuri noted with some alarm that it was quite close. Startling, how near he could get to someone else without realizing it.

He had no way of knowing if this dragon was friendly or not. Sometimes strangers were too optimistic; the ones that decided the give a meal to the poor skinny Fae sometimes found themselves a few gems less the next morning. He didn't exactly like to rob the hospitable, but Yawanuri had learned long ago that the world becomes a very unfriendly place when you don't have money.

Anyway, the chances were slim that this was one of the sympathizers -- Ice dragons had a tendency to be a little colder and more calculating than other Flights, assuming this was an Ice dragon and not just an inhabitor of those frozen grounds. Best bet would be just to sneak away. Yawanuri kept his head turned toward the voice and backed away slowly.

And tripped over a hole in the ground. Thump. "Oof!"

Well, there went that plan. His quick mind whirred with plan B's. Fly away. Best option, but the wind would toss him around like a leaf and jam up his metal gears. Even so, it might make maneuvering difficult for the other dragon as well. Run. Possible option, because Coatls have shorter legs than some species, but he'd met plenty of scarily fast Coatls in his day, and he tended to tire out quickly on foot. Fight. Hahaha, as if.

That was assuming this was an unfriendly creature, of course. Yawanuri berated himself for jumping to conclusions. He was thinking like a lesser beast again, with the whole fight or flight dilemma. He'd been having trouble with that lately.

His indecision caused him to stay put.
@Wakener (( Gotcha. Also, I'm sorry if it takes me a few posts to start sounding more natural and less forced. I haven't RPed with Yawanuri in a while so it takes me a bit to settle into his character.

Also also, I generally check FR a couple of times a day for pings, and sometimes if I'm writing a long reply I'll leave the page up to edit/continue writing the post every time I sit down at my desk. Fresh eyes, you know. And it's good to force myself to slow down and write methodically instead of just whizzing up a skim-milk post haha. ))

A voice carried across the field on the breeze -- Yawanuri noted with some alarm that it was quite close. Startling, how near he could get to someone else without realizing it.

He had no way of knowing if this dragon was friendly or not. Sometimes strangers were too optimistic; the ones that decided the give a meal to the poor skinny Fae sometimes found themselves a few gems less the next morning. He didn't exactly like to rob the hospitable, but Yawanuri had learned long ago that the world becomes a very unfriendly place when you don't have money.

Anyway, the chances were slim that this was one of the sympathizers -- Ice dragons had a tendency to be a little colder and more calculating than other Flights, assuming this was an Ice dragon and not just an inhabitor of those frozen grounds. Best bet would be just to sneak away. Yawanuri kept his head turned toward the voice and backed away slowly.

And tripped over a hole in the ground. Thump. "Oof!"

Well, there went that plan. His quick mind whirred with plan B's. Fly away. Best option, but the wind would toss him around like a leaf and jam up his metal gears. Even so, it might make maneuvering difficult for the other dragon as well. Run. Possible option, because Coatls have shorter legs than some species, but he'd met plenty of scarily fast Coatls in his day, and he tended to tire out quickly on foot. Fight. Hahaha, as if.

That was assuming this was an unfriendly creature, of course. Yawanuri berated himself for jumping to conclusions. He was thinking like a lesser beast again, with the whole fight or flight dilemma. He'd been having trouble with that lately.

His indecision caused him to stay put.
-W.B. Yeats
@Digipup

((I wish I could do that xD I feel like I have to get it done while my writing muse is still running.))

~~~

Kelxiris watched the grass sway and dance before her and for a moment she thought she had imagined the scent. Her question went unanswered, the only sound was the wind weaving through the field. Maybe it had just been a Fae passing high above, but it would have been unlikely she would have picked up a scent if they were that high. No... they had to be here, she could still smell them.

The Coatl tilted her head, her serpentine tongue flicking in and out to try to get a better idea of where it was coming from, but as did her first attempt, this to failed. Frustrated, she took a step forward and then lowered herself into the grass, quietly stalking forward.

Inch by inch she moved, the feathers down her neck flattened and her wings tucked tightly to her body as she tried to search for the Fae. Clearly he had been close. And just how close had yet to be seen, though she was about to find out.

The small thump and the sound of another voice gave away the Fae's position, and as quick as a flash, Kelxiris turned about and darted through the grass, eyes half closed into slits so she didn't get poked in the eye by the shivering stalks.

She came across the Fae and quite literally almost ran him over as she came charging through the grass. The Coatl slid to a stop, her paws digging into the ground. The Fae was inches away and he looked so funny on the ground with his metal wings and odd getup that she could only blink at him for a moment, surprised that this was what had her so alarmed.

"Are you alright?" She asked after getting over her surprise. A wave of amusement rolled through her and she smiled, golden eyes reflecting her amusement tenfold.
@Digipup

((I wish I could do that xD I feel like I have to get it done while my writing muse is still running.))

~~~

Kelxiris watched the grass sway and dance before her and for a moment she thought she had imagined the scent. Her question went unanswered, the only sound was the wind weaving through the field. Maybe it had just been a Fae passing high above, but it would have been unlikely she would have picked up a scent if they were that high. No... they had to be here, she could still smell them.

The Coatl tilted her head, her serpentine tongue flicking in and out to try to get a better idea of where it was coming from, but as did her first attempt, this to failed. Frustrated, she took a step forward and then lowered herself into the grass, quietly stalking forward.

Inch by inch she moved, the feathers down her neck flattened and her wings tucked tightly to her body as she tried to search for the Fae. Clearly he had been close. And just how close had yet to be seen, though she was about to find out.

The small thump and the sound of another voice gave away the Fae's position, and as quick as a flash, Kelxiris turned about and darted through the grass, eyes half closed into slits so she didn't get poked in the eye by the shivering stalks.

She came across the Fae and quite literally almost ran him over as she came charging through the grass. The Coatl slid to a stop, her paws digging into the ground. The Fae was inches away and he looked so funny on the ground with his metal wings and odd getup that she could only blink at him for a moment, surprised that this was what had her so alarmed.

"Are you alright?" She asked after getting over her surprise. A wave of amusement rolled through her and she smiled, golden eyes reflecting her amusement tenfold.
91586610.png
@Wakener (( Well, I'll admit some days are easier than others... xD ))

He heard her coming. Too late. He shut his eyes and waited.

The grass rustled loudly, and then there was silence. He waited for a minute.

"Are you all right?" The same voice was right over him, saying something that didn't sound terribly vicious.

He cracked open one amber eye and stared at her feet from under his hood, and then slowly let his gaze travel upward until he saw her face.

The first thing he noticed was that she was beautiful -- although he wasn't sure whether she struck him as such because of her coloration, her armor, or the fact that her coloration matched her armor. That was some mighty fine armor. His quick eye picked that up very quickly. It looked like it was all burnished gold, as well... That could sell for quite a bit. He had to hand it to her though; if she had chosen that wardrobe herself, she had an excellent taste in fashion.

Yawanuri blinked stupidly at her for a moment, and then, without thinking, greeted her in Fae. He realized his mistake instantly and flattened his fins in embarrassment, switching over to a more recognizable language in the midst of an apology. Gods-a-mercy, he had been good at this once. Maybe he had been hiding from society for too long. Those godsforsaken Pearlcatchers had probably long given up the chase after he stole that last chicken. For Flamecaller's sake, it was just a chicken, and the scrawniest one of the whole lot, too, he made sure to choose that one out of politeness, but no, absolutely not, nobody could let that go and they had to chase him out of house even though it was obvious he was starving--

"--I mean, hello, I'm very sorry, hello, yes, ah..." He babbled. "So sorry to bother you, I just happened to be taking my leisurely stroll and well it seems you were too--"

He shut up. Nervous babblers had always annoyed him, and it was no point of pride that he was a nervous babbler himself. He blinked wordlessly at her.

She seemed amused. Well, that was a good sign. He blinked again, and smiled weakly. "... Good afternoon."
@Wakener (( Well, I'll admit some days are easier than others... xD ))

He heard her coming. Too late. He shut his eyes and waited.

The grass rustled loudly, and then there was silence. He waited for a minute.

"Are you all right?" The same voice was right over him, saying something that didn't sound terribly vicious.

He cracked open one amber eye and stared at her feet from under his hood, and then slowly let his gaze travel upward until he saw her face.

The first thing he noticed was that she was beautiful -- although he wasn't sure whether she struck him as such because of her coloration, her armor, or the fact that her coloration matched her armor. That was some mighty fine armor. His quick eye picked that up very quickly. It looked like it was all burnished gold, as well... That could sell for quite a bit. He had to hand it to her though; if she had chosen that wardrobe herself, she had an excellent taste in fashion.

Yawanuri blinked stupidly at her for a moment, and then, without thinking, greeted her in Fae. He realized his mistake instantly and flattened his fins in embarrassment, switching over to a more recognizable language in the midst of an apology. Gods-a-mercy, he had been good at this once. Maybe he had been hiding from society for too long. Those godsforsaken Pearlcatchers had probably long given up the chase after he stole that last chicken. For Flamecaller's sake, it was just a chicken, and the scrawniest one of the whole lot, too, he made sure to choose that one out of politeness, but no, absolutely not, nobody could let that go and they had to chase him out of house even though it was obvious he was starving--

"--I mean, hello, I'm very sorry, hello, yes, ah..." He babbled. "So sorry to bother you, I just happened to be taking my leisurely stroll and well it seems you were too--"

He shut up. Nervous babblers had always annoyed him, and it was no point of pride that he was a nervous babbler himself. He blinked wordlessly at her.

She seemed amused. Well, that was a good sign. He blinked again, and smiled weakly. "... Good afternoon."
-W.B. Yeats
@Digipup

~~~

Kelxiris stared down at him expectantly. However when some time passed and he still hadn't said anything, her smile started to edge downwards into a frown. Was he hurt? He didn't look like it and she had stopped before any harm was done.

The Coatl tilted her head to the side and raised an eyeridge expectantly. She was bout to open her mouth to inquire about his silence when the Fae twitched his fins in a particular manner. Remembering how Kivo, a Fae in her own clan would sometimes make such gestures, she realized he had just said something; though she had no way of understanding it. And then he finally spoke in a manner she could.

"Oh um, yes hello," she replied, somewhat taken aback at his sudden flow of words, but she still smiled in an attempt to calm him. "No harm done; I needed to move anyways. No good comes of just lazing about." She closed her eyes for a moment and flicked her tougne out before opening them again to regard him.

She held out a paw to the small dragon, "Do you need some help?" She inquired.
@Digipup

~~~

Kelxiris stared down at him expectantly. However when some time passed and he still hadn't said anything, her smile started to edge downwards into a frown. Was he hurt? He didn't look like it and she had stopped before any harm was done.

The Coatl tilted her head to the side and raised an eyeridge expectantly. She was bout to open her mouth to inquire about his silence when the Fae twitched his fins in a particular manner. Remembering how Kivo, a Fae in her own clan would sometimes make such gestures, she realized he had just said something; though she had no way of understanding it. And then he finally spoke in a manner she could.

"Oh um, yes hello," she replied, somewhat taken aback at his sudden flow of words, but she still smiled in an attempt to calm him. "No harm done; I needed to move anyways. No good comes of just lazing about." She closed her eyes for a moment and flicked her tougne out before opening them again to regard him.

She held out a paw to the small dragon, "Do you need some help?" She inquired.
91586610.png
@Wakener

Yawanuri hesitated, and then took hold of the proffered paw. In a clattering of metal plates and gears, he popped up off the ground almost too quickly -- he was very light -- and landed on all four feet with a clank. "Er, yes, thank you."

She seemed friendly enough. She most likely didn't have any food on her -- and any Coatl in armor was probably not the pitying type -- so he decided not to bother with playing the beggar. "I am sorry, that was a rather... unceremonious introduction." He rattled his wingplates a little, trying to get them to lie flat against each other. "Living outdoors can make one a little jumpy, and you certainly surprised me." He sat back on his haunches and tilted his head to the side, curiously watching the Coatl with one eye. "Nice weather we're having, isn't it? What's your name?"
@Wakener

Yawanuri hesitated, and then took hold of the proffered paw. In a clattering of metal plates and gears, he popped up off the ground almost too quickly -- he was very light -- and landed on all four feet with a clank. "Er, yes, thank you."

She seemed friendly enough. She most likely didn't have any food on her -- and any Coatl in armor was probably not the pitying type -- so he decided not to bother with playing the beggar. "I am sorry, that was a rather... unceremonious introduction." He rattled his wingplates a little, trying to get them to lie flat against each other. "Living outdoors can make one a little jumpy, and you certainly surprised me." He sat back on his haunches and tilted his head to the side, curiously watching the Coatl with one eye. "Nice weather we're having, isn't it? What's your name?"
-W.B. Yeats
@Digipup

~~~

Kelxiris was pleased when the Fae accepted her help and withdrew her paw once she was sure he was up and steady. It seemed he had just taken a little tumble and wasn't hurt like she had started to think.

She watched him settle his wings, the strange metal contraptions that decorated them, sliding into place. She had seen dragons with such wings, but never up close and it made her wonder what they were for exactly. They were to... well they weren't very decorative as she had thought. The gears attached to it suggested it was meant to be used, not just admired.

The Fae's question brought her attention back to him and she pushed the thought to the back of her mind. "I'm Kelxiris, though you are welcome to call me Kel if you want," she smiled and then sat down on her own haunches, peering down at him. "It is isn't? That's one reason I came here, it's a nice break from the cold where I live." She glanced southward for a moment before looking back at him. "And what was your name?"
@Digipup

~~~

Kelxiris was pleased when the Fae accepted her help and withdrew her paw once she was sure he was up and steady. It seemed he had just taken a little tumble and wasn't hurt like she had started to think.

She watched him settle his wings, the strange metal contraptions that decorated them, sliding into place. She had seen dragons with such wings, but never up close and it made her wonder what they were for exactly. They were to... well they weren't very decorative as she had thought. The gears attached to it suggested it was meant to be used, not just admired.

The Fae's question brought her attention back to him and she pushed the thought to the back of her mind. "I'm Kelxiris, though you are welcome to call me Kel if you want," she smiled and then sat down on her own haunches, peering down at him. "It is isn't? That's one reason I came here, it's a nice break from the cold where I live." She glanced southward for a moment before looking back at him. "And what was your name?"
91586610.png
@Wakener

"My name is Yawanuri," he replied, absently noting that the sky was beginning to turn the faintest shade of orange as the sun crept lower and lower to the ground. He twitched his long tail around so that the little green bauble on the end was within reach, and he dug into his satchels for a moment. "It doesn't nickname well, I'm afraid."

"So, you live in the Icefields, then?" He spoke as he fiddled with the lantern for a moment. "Bit far away from your homeland, I see," he added, momentarily looking her in the eye to bring the golden color to attention. He placed a fireflower petal from his satchel into his lantern, made a funny motion with his claws, and placed the top back on the bauble -- a second later, the petal flared to flame, and the lantern gave off a soft green glow to combat the diminishing daylight.
@Wakener

"My name is Yawanuri," he replied, absently noting that the sky was beginning to turn the faintest shade of orange as the sun crept lower and lower to the ground. He twitched his long tail around so that the little green bauble on the end was within reach, and he dug into his satchels for a moment. "It doesn't nickname well, I'm afraid."

"So, you live in the Icefields, then?" He spoke as he fiddled with the lantern for a moment. "Bit far away from your homeland, I see," he added, momentarily looking her in the eye to bring the golden color to attention. He placed a fireflower petal from his satchel into his lantern, made a funny motion with his claws, and placed the top back on the bauble -- a second later, the petal flared to flame, and the lantern gave off a soft green glow to combat the diminishing daylight.
-W.B. Yeats
1 2 3