Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [MJ] Journey to Jamboree (WINNERS!!)
1 2 ... 47 48 49 50 51 ... 61 62
C. The white kite painted with the face of the Windsinger.

Praise Windsinger!
His map got me through,
His kite will too!!!
C. The white kite painted with the face of the Windsinger.

Praise Windsinger!
His map got me through,
His kite will too!!!
"Their event managers need to be fired. Wait, I forgot, dragon event managers don't exist." . [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/30292/3029177p.png[/img][/center] She stared up at the Twisting Crescendo for a good while, surrounded by the mess of half-dismantled kites abandoned on the plateau. They were like her mistakes, her many, many mistakes, the most recent of which involved refusing a travelling group and pretty much romping across the entirety of Wind Flight territory. (It was supposed to rain dramatically by now. But even if the rumors were true and the Windsinger really was camping out at the Observatory for Arcanist-knows-what reason, it appeared that he would still not be as careless as to let it rain during his Festival.) Okay, enough drama then. Stop the sad music and sad sepia filter. Making it to the Cloudsong was a shorter path than ragequitting back across half the Windswept Plateau. There were four kites that looked like they'd survive in the sky- and honestly she trusted none, but her tiny wings were very likely a worse option. So. The cloud- and bird-patterned kites were a bit of a risk, since she might not be spotted in case she needed help (or even worse, have some predators mistake her kite for actual edible birds.) Hm..... [center][b]B.[/center][/b]
"Their event managers need to be fired. Wait, I forgot, dragon event managers don't exist."
3029177p.png

She stared up at the Twisting Crescendo for a good while, surrounded by the mess of half-dismantled kites abandoned on the plateau. They were like her mistakes, her many, many mistakes, the most recent of which involved refusing a travelling group and pretty much romping across the entirety of Wind Flight territory.

(It was supposed to rain dramatically by now. But even if the rumors were true and the Windsinger really was camping out at the Observatory for Arcanist-knows-what reason, it appeared that he would still not be as careless as to let it rain during his Festival.)

Okay, enough drama then. Stop the sad music and sad sepia filter. Making it to the Cloudsong was a shorter path than ragequitting back across half the Windswept Plateau.

There were four kites that looked like they'd survive in the sky- and honestly she trusted none, but her tiny wings were very likely a worse option. So. The cloud- and bird-patterned kites were a bit of a risk, since she might not be spotted in case she needed help (or even worse, have some predators mistake her kite for actual edible birds.)

Hm.....
B.
5cx1lc.jpg 11ttphd.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=11589636] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/115897/11589636_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "Made it at last, Yuan," Aster sighed. "Or... Almost." The buttersnake hadn't moved much or made much noise since his choice of direction had gone poorly. "Oh come on. It's not a big deal," the Imperial told him encouragingly. "Now help me pick a kite and let's go join the fun!" The pair inspected the rejected kites, trying to find their best choice. "What do you think of this silver one?" Yuan was circling the Windsinger kite with a tentative hissing sound. "Maybe the bamboo?" The snake slithered over and inspected the kite. Then he made a slight movement and returned to his perch on Aster's head. "I didn't know that snakes could shrug," Aster said as he lifted the Windsinger kite. Well, why not? It was the Jamboree, after all. He might as well get to celebrate a little bit. "Ready, Yuan? Let's give it all the wind we have!" (C. The white kite painted with the face of the Windsinger.)
"Made it at last, Yuan," Aster sighed. "Or... Almost." The buttersnake hadn't moved much or made much noise since his choice of direction had gone poorly. "Oh come on. It's not a big deal," the Imperial told him encouragingly. "Now help me pick a kite and let's go join the fun!"

The pair inspected the rejected kites, trying to find their best choice. "What do you think of this silver one?" Yuan was circling the Windsinger kite with a tentative hissing sound. "Maybe the bamboo?" The snake slithered over and inspected the kite. Then he made a slight movement and returned to his perch on Aster's head.

"I didn't know that snakes could shrug," Aster said as he lifted the Windsinger kite. Well, why not? It was the Jamboree, after all. He might as well get to celebrate a little bit. "Ready, Yuan? Let's give it all the wind we have!"

(C. The white kite painted with the face of the Windsinger.)
[b]A. The sky-coloured kite painted with pictures of clouds. [/b] SInce it reminds me of my current favorite Fae with my favorite accent so far! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=11036093] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/110361/11036093_350.png[/img] [/url]
A. The sky-coloured kite painted with pictures of clouds.

SInce it reminds me of my current favorite Fae with my favorite accent so far!

11036093_350.png
nfPGiKE.png
tyjj2r6.gif1_zpswib12idi.gifzgTvTZ4.png
b5bf79114ec41e10330f6c990ddca5ed.png
B. The light green kite painted with pictures of bamboos.
windflower.pngwind.gifwindflower.png
[A]
[A]
Wings too beaten to fly in the wind, he was glad wherein the kites that presented themselves to him; four each, like many other choices he had before him - four, a lucky number for this dragon. He gently flipped over the various kites and held each up to the light, as though examining some minutae, some speck of dust that would cause him terror should he decide to take it.

But he found nothing. Each kite was immaculate and as though they were placed there to serve their purpose - to allow flight. Fenglong could've sworn he heard the voices of his mate, Faeriebreeze and the elderly Jasper; their cries echoing in the wind. He had to get there; it was no longer a case of being lost or the feeling that work was important; moreso than the festival but he was wrong - celebration of his home Flight was something that now he could see, held great importance to him.

At last, he held up the kite in the shape of the Windsinger and attaching it to his body, launched himself off the cliff and with great hope, hoped that the winds would favour him.

(C. The white kite painted with the face of the Windsinger)

(@rentacles - Happy Birthday! c:)
(@skyarising - Call to the Sky, please. c:)
Wings too beaten to fly in the wind, he was glad wherein the kites that presented themselves to him; four each, like many other choices he had before him - four, a lucky number for this dragon. He gently flipped over the various kites and held each up to the light, as though examining some minutae, some speck of dust that would cause him terror should he decide to take it.

But he found nothing. Each kite was immaculate and as though they were placed there to serve their purpose - to allow flight. Fenglong could've sworn he heard the voices of his mate, Faeriebreeze and the elderly Jasper; their cries echoing in the wind. He had to get there; it was no longer a case of being lost or the feeling that work was important; moreso than the festival but he was wrong - celebration of his home Flight was something that now he could see, held great importance to him.

At last, he held up the kite in the shape of the Windsinger and attaching it to his body, launched himself off the cliff and with great hope, hoped that the winds would favour him.

(C. The white kite painted with the face of the Windsinger)

(@rentacles - Happy Birthday! c:)
(@skyarising - Call to the Sky, please. c:)
1dZy6Xv.gif

1zaoPX1.pngU8GgxMI.png
Option B

Light green and bamboo are very Wind-ish, not to mention the fact that light green's my favorite color.

Please let this be a good choice, please let this be a good choice
Option B

Light green and bamboo are very Wind-ish, not to mention the fact that light green's my favorite color.

Please let this be a good choice, please let this be a good choice
tumblr_nl9b5zO8up1ssnvh6o9_500.png
The group of dragons trudged forward slowly. Their spirits were very low after attempting to travel through a tornado. The sun was setting. They'd missed an entire day of the festival at this point. They were tired, cranky, and a little sad about their misfortune.
Even the kids, who were so often full of energy and excitement, were silent.
Grell felt guilty. If he'd just been a responsible adult, this wouldn't have happened to his grandkids.
Eventually, they reached the Twisting Crescendo. It billowed angrily before them, but even from the ground, the party could see the Cloudsong through the clouds.
But how to get up there...?
The group eventually decided to, erm, commandeer one of the large kites at the base of the vortex.
"Which one do we take?" Regina said as her siblings investigated a large green kite.
"I dunno." North answered her. "Aside from the design, they're all built exactly the same. But I don't know enough about kites to determine the safest one..."
"Let's take the one with the Windsinger on it." Mariana stepped forward.
"Hm? Why?" Regina cocked her head.
Mariana shrugged. "Good luck, I suppose. The wind hasn't been very good to us today. Maybe if we take a kite with the Windsinger's face on it, he'll send us a little help."
Everyone exchanged glances, then nodded in agreement.
"Sure, why not?" Grell said. "There's nowhere to go from here but up."

(( I choose option C !))
((Also, happy birthday!! :D))
The group of dragons trudged forward slowly. Their spirits were very low after attempting to travel through a tornado. The sun was setting. They'd missed an entire day of the festival at this point. They were tired, cranky, and a little sad about their misfortune.
Even the kids, who were so often full of energy and excitement, were silent.
Grell felt guilty. If he'd just been a responsible adult, this wouldn't have happened to his grandkids.
Eventually, they reached the Twisting Crescendo. It billowed angrily before them, but even from the ground, the party could see the Cloudsong through the clouds.
But how to get up there...?
The group eventually decided to, erm, commandeer one of the large kites at the base of the vortex.
"Which one do we take?" Regina said as her siblings investigated a large green kite.
"I dunno." North answered her. "Aside from the design, they're all built exactly the same. But I don't know enough about kites to determine the safest one..."
"Let's take the one with the Windsinger on it." Mariana stepped forward.
"Hm? Why?" Regina cocked her head.
Mariana shrugged. "Good luck, I suppose. The wind hasn't been very good to us today. Maybe if we take a kite with the Windsinger's face on it, he'll send us a little help."
Everyone exchanged glances, then nodded in agreement.
"Sure, why not?" Grell said. "There's nowhere to go from here but up."

(( I choose option C !))
((Also, happy birthday!! :D))
welcome-team-100px-tr_zps6vo02zzw.png

This kite reminds me a lot of the Wind Flight and green is my favorite color.

This kite reminds me a lot of the Wind Flight and green is my favorite color.
iceh5.png
1 2 ... 47 48 49 50 51 ... 61 62