Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Demon and Hayley Private rp
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 32 33
@DemonWingless

"Can I come in?" he said, voice dripping with seduction.

"NO," she said, very firmly, perhaps a little more than was necessary. "Stop trying it, it isn't cute."

"Oh come on, you can't blame a guy for-" Stephen stopped mid-sentence, and peered around her shoulder. "You got a fae hiding in there somewhere?"

Tovah grabbed the door and brought it to her shoulder, cutting off any snooping he was trying to do. "New boyfriend. None of your business."

"Oh come on!" he said, exhasperated, throwing his hands in the air. "You keep turning me down, but you'll date a fairy?! That's messed up, doll!"

"None. Of. Your. Business," she said, through clenched teeth. "Why are you here? What couldn't you tell me over the phone?"

Stephen's face lost it's humor and took on a smile that was a little more... sinister. "Boss wants to meet ya."

Tovah's surprise was plain on her face. "What? Why?"

"Wants your help on the revenant thing," Stephen said, leaning on the railing that flanked the steps. "Says he's been trying to get it under control, but could use some help. It's hard for him to kill his own kind, ya know?" Stephen gave her a cold look up and down, and then took a very obvious eye-sweep of her scar. "You've never had that problem. Figures you'd be a better choice. But he wants to meet ya first."

Tovah was overly suspicious. "Won't even meet with the mayor, but he wants to do business with the vampire executioner," she said. "Excuse me if I think that's ********."

Stephen shrugged, and stood. "Hey, you wanted cooperation, here it is. But I'll tell him you turned down his gracious offer." Something about the way he said it made her feel like turning down this meeting meant more than he was letting on.

"Wait," she said, already kicking herself. She ran her hand over her face. "Fine, fine. I'll meet him. When?"

Stephen looked thrilled, smiling wide enough to show fang. "In an hour. Bring your boyfriend if you want. It'll be a party." He waved his hand absently, then disappeared, too fast for her eyes to see. She hated when he did that. Such a show-off.

She closed the door. Her hand was shaking a bit. She was likely walking into a trap, but she had the feeling she was trapped no matter what choice she made. They knew where she lived and, invitation inside or not, there were ways to kill her without crossing the threshhold. No, she needed to deal with this, in an hour, apparently.
@DemonWingless

"Can I come in?" he said, voice dripping with seduction.

"NO," she said, very firmly, perhaps a little more than was necessary. "Stop trying it, it isn't cute."

"Oh come on, you can't blame a guy for-" Stephen stopped mid-sentence, and peered around her shoulder. "You got a fae hiding in there somewhere?"

Tovah grabbed the door and brought it to her shoulder, cutting off any snooping he was trying to do. "New boyfriend. None of your business."

"Oh come on!" he said, exhasperated, throwing his hands in the air. "You keep turning me down, but you'll date a fairy?! That's messed up, doll!"

"None. Of. Your. Business," she said, through clenched teeth. "Why are you here? What couldn't you tell me over the phone?"

Stephen's face lost it's humor and took on a smile that was a little more... sinister. "Boss wants to meet ya."

Tovah's surprise was plain on her face. "What? Why?"

"Wants your help on the revenant thing," Stephen said, leaning on the railing that flanked the steps. "Says he's been trying to get it under control, but could use some help. It's hard for him to kill his own kind, ya know?" Stephen gave her a cold look up and down, and then took a very obvious eye-sweep of her scar. "You've never had that problem. Figures you'd be a better choice. But he wants to meet ya first."

Tovah was overly suspicious. "Won't even meet with the mayor, but he wants to do business with the vampire executioner," she said. "Excuse me if I think that's ********."

Stephen shrugged, and stood. "Hey, you wanted cooperation, here it is. But I'll tell him you turned down his gracious offer." Something about the way he said it made her feel like turning down this meeting meant more than he was letting on.

"Wait," she said, already kicking herself. She ran her hand over her face. "Fine, fine. I'll meet him. When?"

Stephen looked thrilled, smiling wide enough to show fang. "In an hour. Bring your boyfriend if you want. It'll be a party." He waved his hand absently, then disappeared, too fast for her eyes to see. She hated when he did that. Such a show-off.

She closed the door. Her hand was shaking a bit. She was likely walking into a trap, but she had the feeling she was trapped no matter what choice she made. They knew where she lived and, invitation inside or not, there were ways to kill her without crossing the threshhold. No, she needed to deal with this, in an hour, apparently.
@HayleyD

Mika's color drained from his face as he listened. He couldn't hear the entire conversation, but it reached a point where his pelt alone was no longer enough to keep him calm and his breathing picked up to the point where he was almost hyperventilating. He should have tried to hide somewhere else where they wouldn't have followed him back to Tovah. She'd been nice enough to pull him out of the pit and all he could seem to do was cause her trouble.

As soon as heard the conversation end and the door close, he stood up and hurried down the stairs. Apparently he was a little too hurried and he stumbled down the last handful of steps. He caught himself before he actually fell and he crossed the room to where Tovah was as quickly as he was able.

"You can't go near those people!" He said quickly before he even considered he probably wasn't invited to listen in to the conversation. "That man is from the pit!"
@HayleyD

Mika's color drained from his face as he listened. He couldn't hear the entire conversation, but it reached a point where his pelt alone was no longer enough to keep him calm and his breathing picked up to the point where he was almost hyperventilating. He should have tried to hide somewhere else where they wouldn't have followed him back to Tovah. She'd been nice enough to pull him out of the pit and all he could seem to do was cause her trouble.

As soon as heard the conversation end and the door close, he stood up and hurried down the stairs. Apparently he was a little too hurried and he stumbled down the last handful of steps. He caught himself before he actually fell and he crossed the room to where Tovah was as quickly as he was able.

"You can't go near those people!" He said quickly before he even considered he probably wasn't invited to listen in to the conversation. "That man is from the pit!"
Tora2.gifDrift.gif
@DemonWingless

Tovah blinked at Mika, momentarily surprised out of her thoughts. At first she thought by "the pit" he meant "Hell," but she put it together quickly enough.

She sighed and covered her face with both hands, quiet for a moment. Then she folded her arms and looked away. "I thought as much," she said quietly. "But there isn't much I can do at this point, Mika. If I stay here, they'll find me - us - and kill us anyway. This way I can go in, guns blazing, and hopefully take out a handful of them before I die."

She thought she was getting kind of old for this business, anyway. She was now 27 and had been doing this job since she was 18. 9 years was damn old for this business. Maybe it was just her time.

"I think you're still safe to stay here," she said, heading towards the stairs, addressing him as she went. "He didn't recognize your... aura, or whatever. "But I would start looking for another place to stay. I give it two weeks before anyone starts wondering where I am and comes to check. You should be gone by then."
@DemonWingless

Tovah blinked at Mika, momentarily surprised out of her thoughts. At first she thought by "the pit" he meant "Hell," but she put it together quickly enough.

She sighed and covered her face with both hands, quiet for a moment. Then she folded her arms and looked away. "I thought as much," she said quietly. "But there isn't much I can do at this point, Mika. If I stay here, they'll find me - us - and kill us anyway. This way I can go in, guns blazing, and hopefully take out a handful of them before I die."

She thought she was getting kind of old for this business, anyway. She was now 27 and had been doing this job since she was 18. 9 years was damn old for this business. Maybe it was just her time.

"I think you're still safe to stay here," she said, heading towards the stairs, addressing him as she went. "He didn't recognize your... aura, or whatever. "But I would start looking for another place to stay. I give it two weeks before anyone starts wondering where I am and comes to check. You should be gone by then."
@HayleyD

Mika shook his head quickly and replied. "Let me go instead, and you can leave this place. Please, you could go somewhere else and be a hero for another place. I'm not going to sit and watch you run out to your death."

His face was still very pale and his hands shook as he clutched his pelt quietly. He wasn't normally a stubborn man, but she was the first kindness and happiness he'd known in a long time, and he'd hate himself for the rest of his life if he let anything happen to her, especially if it was something that he might have caused.
@HayleyD

Mika shook his head quickly and replied. "Let me go instead, and you can leave this place. Please, you could go somewhere else and be a hero for another place. I'm not going to sit and watch you run out to your death."

His face was still very pale and his hands shook as he clutched his pelt quietly. He wasn't normally a stubborn man, but she was the first kindness and happiness he'd known in a long time, and he'd hate himself for the rest of his life if he let anything happen to her, especially if it was something that he might have caused.
Tora2.gifDrift.gif
@DemonWingless

"I'm not a hero, Mika," she said calmly, from the top of the stairs, "and you're not going." She went into her bedroom and began digging through her gun safe. Her hands were shaking again, but she willed herself to feel nothing. She faced death often. It was different when it was a certainty.
@DemonWingless

"I'm not a hero, Mika," she said calmly, from the top of the stairs, "and you're not going." She went into her bedroom and began digging through her gun safe. Her hands were shaking again, but she willed herself to feel nothing. She faced death often. It was different when it was a certainty.
@HayleyD

Mika scowled a little and trailed after her. "Why not? That monster said to invite me, didn't he? Please, just let me stay with you!" He replied, moving forward and grabbing her forearm. "I'm not going to let you go alone."
@HayleyD

Mika scowled a little and trailed after her. "Why not? That monster said to invite me, didn't he? Please, just let me stay with you!" He replied, moving forward and grabbing her forearm. "I'm not going to let you go alone."
Tora2.gifDrift.gif
@DemonWingless

Tovah was mid-armful-of-weaponry when he grabbed her arm. She stopped and gave him a look that could peel paint.

"If you go in there and die with me, what's the ******* point in me having brought you out?" she snapped at him. "You have a family. You owe it to them to stay alive. Now let me go." She pulled at his hand, attempting to free herself. She often forgot that he was a lot stronger than she was. This was one of those times.
@DemonWingless

Tovah was mid-armful-of-weaponry when he grabbed her arm. She stopped and gave him a look that could peel paint.

"If you go in there and die with me, what's the ******* point in me having brought you out?" she snapped at him. "You have a family. You owe it to them to stay alive. Now let me go." She pulled at his hand, attempting to free herself. She often forgot that he was a lot stronger than she was. This was one of those times.
@HayleyD

"And what point will you prove by walking right into this trap and dying like a fish in a net?" Mika demanded, trying to keep his grip on her arm without hurting her. He pulled her over carefully and he hugged her to keep her from going anywhere. "Just grab a few necessities and get in the car. It's a big world and a bigger ocean, we can go anywhere and you don't have to get hurt..." He said, his voice starting to drop to a mumble.
@HayleyD

"And what point will you prove by walking right into this trap and dying like a fish in a net?" Mika demanded, trying to keep his grip on her arm without hurting her. He pulled her over carefully and he hugged her to keep her from going anywhere. "Just grab a few necessities and get in the car. It's a big world and a bigger ocean, we can go anywhere and you don't have to get hurt..." He said, his voice starting to drop to a mumble.
Tora2.gifDrift.gif
@DemonWingless

The hug disarmed her. Literally. It was a good thing nothing was loaded and the safeties were on, because everything hit the floor.

She stiffened in his arms, mostly due to surprise, but also because she wasn't really in the habit of giving or recieving hugs. She took a deep breath, and let it out, then relaxed and hugged him back.

"I'm sorry," she said, all the anger drained from her voice, "but there's no way out of this that has us both living. I pick you. Your life is a little more worthwhile." She squeezed him once, then gently untangled herself from his arms.

"I'll compromise. Come with me, but the second things start to look bad, get the hell out of there. You have to promise me that." She looked up and locked eyes with him. They threatened tears, but she never let them fall. "Please, Mika. Promise me."
@DemonWingless

The hug disarmed her. Literally. It was a good thing nothing was loaded and the safeties were on, because everything hit the floor.

She stiffened in his arms, mostly due to surprise, but also because she wasn't really in the habit of giving or recieving hugs. She took a deep breath, and let it out, then relaxed and hugged him back.

"I'm sorry," she said, all the anger drained from her voice, "but there's no way out of this that has us both living. I pick you. Your life is a little more worthwhile." She squeezed him once, then gently untangled herself from his arms.

"I'll compromise. Come with me, but the second things start to look bad, get the hell out of there. You have to promise me that." She looked up and locked eyes with him. They threatened tears, but she never let them fall. "Please, Mika. Promise me."
@HayleyD

Mika hesitated, not knowing if that was a promise he could keep. He couldn't abandon her if she looked like she was going to get hurt, but it was the best he could get for now. As long as she didn't go alone, he might be able to do something to keep her safe.

"Alright." He sighed, returning his hands to kneading his pelt nervously.
@HayleyD

Mika hesitated, not knowing if that was a promise he could keep. He couldn't abandon her if she looked like she was going to get hurt, but it was the best he could get for now. As long as she didn't go alone, he might be able to do something to keep her safe.

"Alright." He sighed, returning his hands to kneading his pelt nervously.
Tora2.gifDrift.gif
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 32 33