Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Demon and Hayley Private rp
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 32 33
@DemonWingless

She understood the question. She had actually been ready to ask him something along the same lines.

"Where do you need to go?" she said. "I mean, I don't know if you'll... heal, on your own. If not, you might need to go to a hospital. Do fae go to hospitals? I don't know. Uh..."

She glanced at him in the mirror again. It didn't look much like he'd be able to answer her either. Maybe something he could nod or shake his head to.

"Do you want to lay low at my place?" she asked.
@DemonWingless

She understood the question. She had actually been ready to ask him something along the same lines.

"Where do you need to go?" she said. "I mean, I don't know if you'll... heal, on your own. If not, you might need to go to a hospital. Do fae go to hospitals? I don't know. Uh..."

She glanced at him in the mirror again. It didn't look much like he'd be able to answer her either. Maybe something he could nod or shake his head to.

"Do you want to lay low at my place?" she asked.
@HayleyD

"May I?" The selkie mumbled, trying again to look out the window for any landmark he might know. Unfortunately, everything looked foreign to him, and he didn't know what to do from there.

All he could see was buildings, and beyond that trees and maybe mountains. It was a bit hard to tell without glasses, but definitely no ocean in sight. This must be further inland than he'd thought... "Where is the sea...?" He asked quietly, growing a bit nervous. If he was too far away, he might not be able to find his way back.
@HayleyD

"May I?" The selkie mumbled, trying again to look out the window for any landmark he might know. Unfortunately, everything looked foreign to him, and he didn't know what to do from there.

All he could see was buildings, and beyond that trees and maybe mountains. It was a bit hard to tell without glasses, but definitely no ocean in sight. This must be further inland than he'd thought... "Where is the sea...?" He asked quietly, growing a bit nervous. If he was too far away, he might not be able to find his way back.
Tora2.gifDrift.gif
@DemonWingless

She paused for a long moment. She hadn't really thought through the offer - maybe housing a fae wasn't super smart? - but she couldn't exactly withdraw it now. "Sure," she said quietly.

The next question was a little easier. "Not far," she said, "a couple of hours at most, depending on which beach you're going to. You're in Philadelphia," she said. They drove over the Schuykill River just then - a wimpy polluted thing compared to the sea he thought of. They followed it into the center of the city, and made it to the old, old portion, where the streets were still cobblestone and the buildings looked pretty colonial.

Her house was a two story brownstone that had a garage built into it at some turn of the century. It opened when she pressed a button and she pulled into it. A door led from the garage into the house, and she helped him up the three steps.

They entered into a small kitchen, proportioned like the old colonial houses but fitted with modern appliances and tiling. She continued through into the narrow living room, and eased him onto a couch that looked fairly new and largely untouched. The entire house had the air of someplace that didn't see a lot of use.

"Need anything?" she said. "Shower? Coffee?" She stood in front of him, a little awkwardly. She wasn't a nurturing person by nature. She didn't, uh, have a lot of company over. All around she was out of her element.
@DemonWingless

She paused for a long moment. She hadn't really thought through the offer - maybe housing a fae wasn't super smart? - but she couldn't exactly withdraw it now. "Sure," she said quietly.

The next question was a little easier. "Not far," she said, "a couple of hours at most, depending on which beach you're going to. You're in Philadelphia," she said. They drove over the Schuykill River just then - a wimpy polluted thing compared to the sea he thought of. They followed it into the center of the city, and made it to the old, old portion, where the streets were still cobblestone and the buildings looked pretty colonial.

Her house was a two story brownstone that had a garage built into it at some turn of the century. It opened when she pressed a button and she pulled into it. A door led from the garage into the house, and she helped him up the three steps.

They entered into a small kitchen, proportioned like the old colonial houses but fitted with modern appliances and tiling. She continued through into the narrow living room, and eased him onto a couch that looked fairly new and largely untouched. The entire house had the air of someplace that didn't see a lot of use.

"Need anything?" she said. "Shower? Coffee?" She stood in front of him, a little awkwardly. She wasn't a nurturing person by nature. She didn't, uh, have a lot of company over. All around she was out of her element.
@HayleyD

"I just want to sleep..." The selkie mumbled weakly, his pelt still grasped tightly in both hands. "Maybe water?" He mumbled, still able to taste the sand from the pit.

He wouldn't be able to do much else until he rested, and even then he didn't know how long he'd actually sleep. His chest still hurt, but if it hadn't killed him by now his body would fix itself over time, and sleep would only speed up his recovery. Considering he'd slept on nothing but stone floor for the last six months, the softness of the couch already had him half asleep.
@HayleyD

"I just want to sleep..." The selkie mumbled weakly, his pelt still grasped tightly in both hands. "Maybe water?" He mumbled, still able to taste the sand from the pit.

He wouldn't be able to do much else until he rested, and even then he didn't know how long he'd actually sleep. His chest still hurt, but if it hadn't killed him by now his body would fix itself over time, and sleep would only speed up his recovery. Considering he'd slept on nothing but stone floor for the last six months, the softness of the couch already had him half asleep.
Tora2.gifDrift.gif
@DemonWingless

"Right," she said, then disappeared into the kitchen.

She returned moments later with a glass pitcher full of water and a matching cup. She set them down on the coffee table. "One second," she mumbled, then hurried up the narrow stairs nearby.

She came back down with a big t-shirt, oversized sweat pants, a thick blanket and a fluffy pillow. She set those down on the portion of the couch he wasn't sitting on. She gestured down a hall they couldn't currently see the end of.

"There's a bathroom there. Feel free to eat whatever's in the kitchen. I'm sleeping upstairs..." she glanced down at herself, still bleeding and covered in dirt, sand, and glass. "I'm definitely taking a shower. But you have downstairs to yourself." She glanced up at the window that showed the front of the street. The sun was starting to peek up. It was a sight she was growing used to as she went to bed. She walked over and pulled the curtains tight, pre-emptively throwing the room back into darkness.

She looked back at the selkie, opened her mouth as if to say something, then thought better of it and closed it. She started up the stairs, then paused again.

"I forgot to tell you my name," she said. "It's Tovah."
@DemonWingless

"Right," she said, then disappeared into the kitchen.

She returned moments later with a glass pitcher full of water and a matching cup. She set them down on the coffee table. "One second," she mumbled, then hurried up the narrow stairs nearby.

She came back down with a big t-shirt, oversized sweat pants, a thick blanket and a fluffy pillow. She set those down on the portion of the couch he wasn't sitting on. She gestured down a hall they couldn't currently see the end of.

"There's a bathroom there. Feel free to eat whatever's in the kitchen. I'm sleeping upstairs..." she glanced down at herself, still bleeding and covered in dirt, sand, and glass. "I'm definitely taking a shower. But you have downstairs to yourself." She glanced up at the window that showed the front of the street. The sun was starting to peek up. It was a sight she was growing used to as she went to bed. She walked over and pulled the curtains tight, pre-emptively throwing the room back into darkness.

She looked back at the selkie, opened her mouth as if to say something, then thought better of it and closed it. She started up the stairs, then paused again.

"I forgot to tell you my name," she said. "It's Tovah."
@HayleyD

"Mika." He responded, still very exhausted. However, he sat himself up to pour himself a glass of water. "Thank you..." He wheezed, though he knew this measured far beyond two little words. His corpse would have been left to the crows had she not taken him with her.

He turned silent, sipping at the glass of water before lying down again and falling asleep on the couch. He remained asleep for the rest of the night and almost the entire day that followed, too exhausted to even dream.
@HayleyD

"Mika." He responded, still very exhausted. However, he sat himself up to pour himself a glass of water. "Thank you..." He wheezed, though he knew this measured far beyond two little words. His corpse would have been left to the crows had she not taken him with her.

He turned silent, sipping at the glass of water before lying down again and falling asleep on the couch. He remained asleep for the rest of the night and almost the entire day that followed, too exhausted to even dream.
Tora2.gifDrift.gif
@DemonWingless

"Yeah," she replied, a little awkwardly. She wasn't used to being in this position. It felt nice, underneath all the awkwardness and that slight bit of doubt. She climbed the remainder of the stairs and let him rest.

She had a ways to go, though. First in order was a shower, then first aid. Only one cut on her arm had needed any attention - she put on two butterfly stitches that she kept in plenty of supply, then treated and patched the other less serious ones down her arms and legs. She looked a bit like a mummy, but overall she thought she got away pretty clean, considering she was thrown through a window.

Next was calling and taking care of all the after-mess. Being a legal executioner granted her some leeway, like not explaining herself to the police. The other three she'd killed had turned out to be vampires, too, according to the police who responded, so she was in the clear. There were no other casualties. The rest of the fighters had been taken before the police could respond and rescue. That was unfortunate.

She did other things - paperwork, mostly - and caught roughly four hours of sleep before she couldn't stand it anymore. She threw on a big sweater and baggy pants to keep from irritating her bandages, then went down to check on Mika.

He was sleeping soundly. She looked at him a bit awkwardly from the stairway. He probably didn't want to be hovered over, so she went into the kitchen to make herself something. It ended up being three cups of coffee and not real food, as happened far too often, but she'd forgotten to stock the fridge and didn't want to risk ordering takeout and freaking out Mika when strange people showed up at the door.

She spent the rest of her day satisfying her curiosity on selkies via the web. Most of it was dubious and looked like they might have been websites made by fantasizing pre-teens, but thanks to the fae becoming general knowledge, some online resources had been beefed and given the same scientific scrutiny as any other biology discipline. She learned a bit - nothing that would be of help, though.

So now she was just waiting for him to wake up. She sat at the small table in the kitchen, drinking more coffee than was healthy and intermittently checking news websites for coverage of last night's episode on her laptop.
@DemonWingless

"Yeah," she replied, a little awkwardly. She wasn't used to being in this position. It felt nice, underneath all the awkwardness and that slight bit of doubt. She climbed the remainder of the stairs and let him rest.

She had a ways to go, though. First in order was a shower, then first aid. Only one cut on her arm had needed any attention - she put on two butterfly stitches that she kept in plenty of supply, then treated and patched the other less serious ones down her arms and legs. She looked a bit like a mummy, but overall she thought she got away pretty clean, considering she was thrown through a window.

Next was calling and taking care of all the after-mess. Being a legal executioner granted her some leeway, like not explaining herself to the police. The other three she'd killed had turned out to be vampires, too, according to the police who responded, so she was in the clear. There were no other casualties. The rest of the fighters had been taken before the police could respond and rescue. That was unfortunate.

She did other things - paperwork, mostly - and caught roughly four hours of sleep before she couldn't stand it anymore. She threw on a big sweater and baggy pants to keep from irritating her bandages, then went down to check on Mika.

He was sleeping soundly. She looked at him a bit awkwardly from the stairway. He probably didn't want to be hovered over, so she went into the kitchen to make herself something. It ended up being three cups of coffee and not real food, as happened far too often, but she'd forgotten to stock the fridge and didn't want to risk ordering takeout and freaking out Mika when strange people showed up at the door.

She spent the rest of her day satisfying her curiosity on selkies via the web. Most of it was dubious and looked like they might have been websites made by fantasizing pre-teens, but thanks to the fae becoming general knowledge, some online resources had been beefed and given the same scientific scrutiny as any other biology discipline. She learned a bit - nothing that would be of help, though.

So now she was just waiting for him to wake up. She sat at the small table in the kitchen, drinking more coffee than was healthy and intermittently checking news websites for coverage of last night's episode on her laptop.
@HayleyD

Mika woke up in the late afternoon as the sun started to lower in the sky. He looked very confused at his surroundings and he didn't move for several minutes. The previous night was hardly more than a blur and he couldn't remember leaving the pit, but his place was too different for him to still be there.

He sat up slowly, wincing at the pain in his chest before lying back down. As far as he could tell, he hadn't healed by much during his rest. He looked at the room again, then at himself. He quickly realized he was beyond filthy, and that he actually should have bathed before touching the couch at all.
@HayleyD

Mika woke up in the late afternoon as the sun started to lower in the sky. He looked very confused at his surroundings and he didn't move for several minutes. The previous night was hardly more than a blur and he couldn't remember leaving the pit, but his place was too different for him to still be there.

He sat up slowly, wincing at the pain in his chest before lying back down. As far as he could tell, he hadn't healed by much during his rest. He looked at the room again, then at himself. He quickly realized he was beyond filthy, and that he actually should have bathed before touching the couch at all.
Tora2.gifDrift.gif
@DemonWingless

Liz had a clear line of sight from the kitchen table to the couch. She caught him moving out of the corner of her eye, and closed her laptop. Maybe she wouldn't tell him she'd been furiously googling things about fae for a few hours. She caught him wincing.

"Still hurting?" she asked. "I'm surprised you're even moving, quite frankly. You looked kind of terrible when I got you here."
@DemonWingless

Liz had a clear line of sight from the kitchen table to the couch. She caught him moving out of the corner of her eye, and closed her laptop. Maybe she wouldn't tell him she'd been furiously googling things about fae for a few hours. She caught him wincing.

"Still hurting?" she asked. "I'm surprised you're even moving, quite frankly. You looked kind of terrible when I got you here."
@HayleyD

Mika jumped and turned to face her. "Yeah, I suppose so." He mumbled, putting his hand on his chest to try to support it in any way, but it didn't seem to do much good. "Sorry, I should have cleaned myself up..." He looked down at the couch, then sheepishly at the floor. He wasn't certain what to say other than another thank you, but how were you supposed to thank someone for something like this...

"Why where you there?" He asked quietly. "At the pit..."
@HayleyD

Mika jumped and turned to face her. "Yeah, I suppose so." He mumbled, putting his hand on his chest to try to support it in any way, but it didn't seem to do much good. "Sorry, I should have cleaned myself up..." He looked down at the couch, then sheepishly at the floor. He wasn't certain what to say other than another thank you, but how were you supposed to thank someone for something like this...

"Why where you there?" He asked quietly. "At the pit..."
Tora2.gifDrift.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 32 33