Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | A Bleak World [Private]
1 2 3 4
(Sorry I took a little while to reply! vov;; )

Nicholas stirred the coffee mix into the boiling water he poured as he listened to the cop's reply. He was more satisfied with the answer he gave than before and smiled as he came back into the room, a steaming mug in each hand. "I don't know how you take it so I left it black..." he said in passing, placing one mug down on the table, then sat back onto the couch and tilted his head at the new files. His grip grew a little tighter around his cup at Soren's grave words.

"There will be no burning." he said determinedly "And if it does come to a revolution... I'll help in any way I can. I can't say no to a party that big, can I?" he laughed, then leant over and took the officer's hand from his hair. "Stop fretting though, things aren't that bad yet." he tsked and let go "Now, what specifically do you need me to do?" he asked seriously.
(Sorry I took a little while to reply! vov;; )

Nicholas stirred the coffee mix into the boiling water he poured as he listened to the cop's reply. He was more satisfied with the answer he gave than before and smiled as he came back into the room, a steaming mug in each hand. "I don't know how you take it so I left it black..." he said in passing, placing one mug down on the table, then sat back onto the couch and tilted his head at the new files. His grip grew a little tighter around his cup at Soren's grave words.

"There will be no burning." he said determinedly "And if it does come to a revolution... I'll help in any way I can. I can't say no to a party that big, can I?" he laughed, then leant over and took the officer's hand from his hair. "Stop fretting though, things aren't that bad yet." he tsked and let go "Now, what specifically do you need me to do?" he asked seriously.
@royallymad

"I need you to find out who gave that gun to our so called 'criminal'." Soren said, slowly bending over to pick up his coffee cup, holding the warmth in his hands as he watched Nicholas. "You need only tell me your findings if it was a cop, no one more." The gods knew all other evidence had been swiped clean...there were no other leads besides this one. His wife had been no help at all, and there were no witnesses speaking that they saw the criminal being with a cop...but there were easy ways to make people like them stay silent.

Soren leaned back in the chair and slowly blew on his cup of steaming coffee, wondering if he was chasing after something that was born from his paranoia. "And you think about how to cash the big favor I owe you, yeah?"
@royallymad

"I need you to find out who gave that gun to our so called 'criminal'." Soren said, slowly bending over to pick up his coffee cup, holding the warmth in his hands as he watched Nicholas. "You need only tell me your findings if it was a cop, no one more." The gods knew all other evidence had been swiped clean...there were no other leads besides this one. His wife had been no help at all, and there were no witnesses speaking that they saw the criminal being with a cop...but there were easy ways to make people like them stay silent.

Soren leaned back in the chair and slowly blew on his cup of steaming coffee, wondering if he was chasing after something that was born from his paranoia. "And you think about how to cash the big favor I owe you, yeah?"
O0xgpAG.png
Nicholas sipped at his own drink, milk and sugar practically overpowering any coffee in it. He gave a thoughtful nod and seemed to stare into his cup, but it was impossible to tell what he was really looking at. "Okay, I can do that." he answered with a smile, lifting his head to face Soren again. "I have no guarantee for how long it'll take, but I'll give it a shot!" He shrugged, mouth breaking into a grin as per usual.

"As for the favour..." He tapped a finger against his mug, then placed it on the table on top of a few of the papers. "I could think of something right now." he chuckled suggestively "But! I think it may come in handy in future. So I guess you're just gonna have to wait and see." In the long run, having a cop indebted to him would be very useful - perhaps even life-saving. He leant back against the cushions and folded his arms, looking up at the officer. "... If that's all there's to discuss, you can stick around for a bit to finish that." He gave a small nod to the coffee. "Unless you have important law things to do."
Nicholas sipped at his own drink, milk and sugar practically overpowering any coffee in it. He gave a thoughtful nod and seemed to stare into his cup, but it was impossible to tell what he was really looking at. "Okay, I can do that." he answered with a smile, lifting his head to face Soren again. "I have no guarantee for how long it'll take, but I'll give it a shot!" He shrugged, mouth breaking into a grin as per usual.

"As for the favour..." He tapped a finger against his mug, then placed it on the table on top of a few of the papers. "I could think of something right now." he chuckled suggestively "But! I think it may come in handy in future. So I guess you're just gonna have to wait and see." In the long run, having a cop indebted to him would be very useful - perhaps even life-saving. He leant back against the cushions and folded his arms, looking up at the officer. "... If that's all there's to discuss, you can stick around for a bit to finish that." He gave a small nod to the coffee. "Unless you have important law things to do."
@royallymad

"Not today, I'm afraid. The Chief saw I was snooping too much and decided to give me the day off tomorrow." Soren huffed, knowing what a load that was. He took a sip from his coffee mug and set it back on the table. "I don't mind passing the time reading. Wonder when was the last time I had the leisure to sit and read, huh..." He leaned over the arm of the couch and grabbed a magazine, intending to gather some information about things he had missed out on, such as celebrity life and all the newest hologram movies.

About 20 minutes in, the cop was sleeping, his back against the couch and the magazine draped over his face to cover his innocently sleeping face.
@royallymad

"Not today, I'm afraid. The Chief saw I was snooping too much and decided to give me the day off tomorrow." Soren huffed, knowing what a load that was. He took a sip from his coffee mug and set it back on the table. "I don't mind passing the time reading. Wonder when was the last time I had the leisure to sit and read, huh..." He leaned over the arm of the couch and grabbed a magazine, intending to gather some information about things he had missed out on, such as celebrity life and all the newest hologram movies.

About 20 minutes in, the cop was sleeping, his back against the couch and the magazine draped over his face to cover his innocently sleeping face.
O0xgpAG.png
Nicholas had gone off to water his many plants whilst his guest made himself at home. When he came back, small watering can in hand, he gave a bemused smile to the sleeping figure on his couch. "Well, I guess this just turned into a sleepover." he snickered to himself and reached over to pluck the magazine off of his face. He put it back into the rack and placed the can on a side table, then wandered off to go root around for something.

After a minute or so he returned, a blanket draped over his arm and pillow in hand. He dropped the items on the floor and carefully rearranged the sleeping man, then tucked the pillow beneath his head and spread the blanket over him. "Now..." he murmured quietly "If you'll excuse me, I have to get back out front. Rest easy, you uptight nerd." he grinned and left to go see how things were doing in the main club.
Nicholas had gone off to water his many plants whilst his guest made himself at home. When he came back, small watering can in hand, he gave a bemused smile to the sleeping figure on his couch. "Well, I guess this just turned into a sleepover." he snickered to himself and reached over to pluck the magazine off of his face. He put it back into the rack and placed the can on a side table, then wandered off to go root around for something.

After a minute or so he returned, a blanket draped over his arm and pillow in hand. He dropped the items on the floor and carefully rearranged the sleeping man, then tucked the pillow beneath his head and spread the blanket over him. "Now..." he murmured quietly "If you'll excuse me, I have to get back out front. Rest easy, you uptight nerd." he grinned and left to go see how things were doing in the main club.
(Sorry for the long wait -- holidays have been busy!)
@royallymad

Soren woke a few hours later, toasty warm and comfortable with a blanket wrapped around him and a pillow under his head. The policeman slowly lifted his head, blinking sleepily as he tried to remember where he was. Ah, right, with Nicholas. After checking the time, Soren slid off from the couch and wandered the room, looking at all the plants and touching a few of the flowers. It was so hard to find so much diverse plant life in a big city. It was obvious that Nicholas really cared for his plants.

After wandering around for a bit, Soren folded up his blanket and left to find Nicholas, in hopes that the alien had been able to find some news.
(Sorry for the long wait -- holidays have been busy!)
@royallymad

Soren woke a few hours later, toasty warm and comfortable with a blanket wrapped around him and a pillow under his head. The policeman slowly lifted his head, blinking sleepily as he tried to remember where he was. Ah, right, with Nicholas. After checking the time, Soren slid off from the couch and wandered the room, looking at all the plants and touching a few of the flowers. It was so hard to find so much diverse plant life in a big city. It was obvious that Nicholas really cared for his plants.

After wandering around for a bit, Soren folded up his blanket and left to find Nicholas, in hopes that the alien had been able to find some news.
O0xgpAG.png
@royallymad

Friendly bump!
@royallymad

Friendly bump!
O0xgpAG.png
(Ah, so sorry! vov;; I've been a little busy with Christmas and college homework, the RP fell a little to the wayside vuv;; I'll try to type a reply sometime later tonight when I get back, sorry for the wait! ouo;;)
(Ah, so sorry! vov;; I've been a little busy with Christmas and college homework, the RP fell a little to the wayside vuv;; I'll try to type a reply sometime later tonight when I get back, sorry for the wait! ouo;;)
@royallymad

(It's fine! I just didn't want to lose you over the new year lol~)
@royallymad

(It's fine! I just didn't want to lose you over the new year lol~)
O0xgpAG.png
(*crawls in* college suuuuucks in terms of taking up time, I'm very sorry this took so long blah vov;; also, I may have gotten a wee bit obsessed with Supernatural whOOPS :3c )

During the time that his impromptu guest slept, Nicholas got to work making a few phone calls and managing the front of his club. It turned out that, despite how capable his staff were, they were more hesitant to deal with the rowdier of customers. Nicholas quickly dealt with it though in the most effective way he knew - kicking them out with a severe warning, and a taxi ride home if they were drunk off their face. He shook his head to himself at the actions some patrons thought were appropriate.

When he spotted the newly awoken officer emerging, he was in the middle of showing a trainee how to pour drinks from the bar. He gave her a smile and told her that she was doing great, handing over a glass for her to keep going, then lifted the entrance to the bar to wander over to Soren. "Morning sleeping beauty." he teased in greeting, smiling up at him widely. He then lowered his voice slightly, even though the thump of the music surrounding them did an effective job of covering his voice anyway. "So, I may have a few leads on that gun... I'll let you know when I have more info though, cause it's nothing definite yet." he shrugged.
(*crawls in* college suuuuucks in terms of taking up time, I'm very sorry this took so long blah vov;; also, I may have gotten a wee bit obsessed with Supernatural whOOPS :3c )

During the time that his impromptu guest slept, Nicholas got to work making a few phone calls and managing the front of his club. It turned out that, despite how capable his staff were, they were more hesitant to deal with the rowdier of customers. Nicholas quickly dealt with it though in the most effective way he knew - kicking them out with a severe warning, and a taxi ride home if they were drunk off their face. He shook his head to himself at the actions some patrons thought were appropriate.

When he spotted the newly awoken officer emerging, he was in the middle of showing a trainee how to pour drinks from the bar. He gave her a smile and told her that she was doing great, handing over a glass for her to keep going, then lifted the entrance to the bar to wander over to Soren. "Morning sleeping beauty." he teased in greeting, smiling up at him widely. He then lowered his voice slightly, even though the thump of the music surrounding them did an effective job of covering his voice anyway. "So, I may have a few leads on that gun... I'll let you know when I have more info though, cause it's nothing definite yet." he shrugged.
1 2 3 4