Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | It Takes A Village Roleplay [Open]
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
((Thanks! I love yours too, it's clever C: ))

@Lesbohemian

Konstanze nodded at the ridgeback in greeting. If she were any other fae, the sudden presence of these huge dragons would be rather intimidating. "Konstanze. How're you doin' pal?"

She turned back to Kalliope. "You don't like the sun? I get that, the Tangled Wood gets next to none most of the time, most of our light comes from our native glowin' fungi." Konstanze felt a little odd, she wasn't used to socializing with this many dragons at once, but for some reason she wasn't uncomfortable.

Huh, must be all this extra sun. She thought, popping a few raspberries into her mouth.
((Thanks! I love yours too, it's clever C: ))

@Lesbohemian

Konstanze nodded at the ridgeback in greeting. If she were any other fae, the sudden presence of these huge dragons would be rather intimidating. "Konstanze. How're you doin' pal?"

She turned back to Kalliope. "You don't like the sun? I get that, the Tangled Wood gets next to none most of the time, most of our light comes from our native glowin' fungi." Konstanze felt a little odd, she wasn't used to socializing with this many dragons at once, but for some reason she wasn't uncomfortable.

Huh, must be all this extra sun. She thought, popping a few raspberries into her mouth.
vP4Hfzc.png
(( @Yodra i hope you're doing alright!
i hope my replies aren't too long! i tend to ramble about pointless details and then let my characters say two words, so please let me know if i'm posting too much!))

@TangeloJack @Lesbohemians
Amethyst bowed her head in goodbye to the Coatl as she took flight, weaving past various heads and bodies, before then turning to her group. "Well, shall we go look for some of the food? I think it's safe to say that you're starving, hmm, Siberia?" The Spiral had been engrossed in enchanting a flower to revert into a seed, delightedly watching it bloom and unbloom over and over. At the mention of food she whipped her head around to face Amethyst so fast she nearly tore a ligament.

"Food! We need to find food." Casting any spell, regardless of the magnitude, takes a large toll on Siberia's energy. "What about over there?" She pointed at a pavilion, where a large group of dragons were talking to each other. "A lot of dragons are gathering under that pavilion, I bet that's where the food is! I can smell it, I think it's coming from there!" As she spoke, Amethyst watched a brilliant pink Ridgeback land by where Sibera was pointing. "I bet he smells the food too! Can we go over there? I'm so hungryyyyyyyy.." Siberia let the last note fade into a whine, accompanied by a sad glance up at the Imperial.

"Always with the theatrics, eh?" Arrow smirked at Siberia, who was now earnestly wiggling her entire body. "I'm hungry too. Let's head over there, see what we can manage to scrounge up."

Amethyst took the lead, looking around the clearing surreptitiously. She could tell Candyglass still felt uncomfortable and Amethyst herself was feeling slight apprehension. Whatever happened here, it was enough to actually interrupt the ceremony. Interrupt a ceremony that has gone uninterrupted since its conception, she thought to herself. They began to close the distance between the two groups when Siberia, unable to contain herself in her excitement, shot ahead of them towards the pavilion.

"Hello friends! Is this where the food is? I'm absolutely starving, conjuring magic really is a doozie on me, I could really go for some-" Before she could finish her sentence Siberia collided into the Ridgeback Amethyst had noticed moments before, knocking herself to the ground. Arrow immediately let out a shrieking laugh while the rest of the group watched the event unfold in slow motion, letting the second-hand embarrassment sink in.

(( @Lesbohemian i haven't rp'd in a loooong time and i know there's a lot of grey areas when it comes to god-modding so i hope a simple bonk is alright! if it's not, just pretend Siberia rudely interrupted everyone's conversation ;)
@Lyle sorry i didn't reply sooner! Siberia (and a few others) would love to come visit! i have a sneaking suspicion that she will LOVE the doctor c: ))
(( @Yodra i hope you're doing alright!
i hope my replies aren't too long! i tend to ramble about pointless details and then let my characters say two words, so please let me know if i'm posting too much!))

@TangeloJack @Lesbohemians
Amethyst bowed her head in goodbye to the Coatl as she took flight, weaving past various heads and bodies, before then turning to her group. "Well, shall we go look for some of the food? I think it's safe to say that you're starving, hmm, Siberia?" The Spiral had been engrossed in enchanting a flower to revert into a seed, delightedly watching it bloom and unbloom over and over. At the mention of food she whipped her head around to face Amethyst so fast she nearly tore a ligament.

"Food! We need to find food." Casting any spell, regardless of the magnitude, takes a large toll on Siberia's energy. "What about over there?" She pointed at a pavilion, where a large group of dragons were talking to each other. "A lot of dragons are gathering under that pavilion, I bet that's where the food is! I can smell it, I think it's coming from there!" As she spoke, Amethyst watched a brilliant pink Ridgeback land by where Sibera was pointing. "I bet he smells the food too! Can we go over there? I'm so hungryyyyyyyy.." Siberia let the last note fade into a whine, accompanied by a sad glance up at the Imperial.

"Always with the theatrics, eh?" Arrow smirked at Siberia, who was now earnestly wiggling her entire body. "I'm hungry too. Let's head over there, see what we can manage to scrounge up."

Amethyst took the lead, looking around the clearing surreptitiously. She could tell Candyglass still felt uncomfortable and Amethyst herself was feeling slight apprehension. Whatever happened here, it was enough to actually interrupt the ceremony. Interrupt a ceremony that has gone uninterrupted since its conception, she thought to herself. They began to close the distance between the two groups when Siberia, unable to contain herself in her excitement, shot ahead of them towards the pavilion.

"Hello friends! Is this where the food is? I'm absolutely starving, conjuring magic really is a doozie on me, I could really go for some-" Before she could finish her sentence Siberia collided into the Ridgeback Amethyst had noticed moments before, knocking herself to the ground. Arrow immediately let out a shrieking laugh while the rest of the group watched the event unfold in slow motion, letting the second-hand embarrassment sink in.

(( @Lesbohemian i haven't rp'd in a loooong time and i know there's a lot of grey areas when it comes to god-modding so i hope a simple bonk is alright! if it's not, just pretend Siberia rudely interrupted everyone's conversation ;)
@Lyle sorry i didn't reply sooner! Siberia (and a few others) would love to come visit! i have a sneaking suspicion that she will LOVE the doctor c: ))
hFOUfVC.gif tet | 31 | agender | FR +3
probably not a lizard
@tetris

In the middle of Konstanze's chat with the older skydancer, Humboldt disengaged himself from the crowd with the mirror hatchling and fluttered to the section of the pavilion where the clans were watching the festivities. He was certain that Hercules was in good hands, but he didn't want to involve himself in the little mess Danika got herself in over Pomodoro and Marble's budding romance.

He landed unsteadily on the ground a few feet from Konstanze, giving her a little wave and receiving a brief nod of acknowledgement in response. From the corner of his eye, just a little obscured by his mask, he could see a pink ridgeback land next to the skydancer she was talking to and join into the conversation. Humboldt smiled to himself, it was nice to see that her initial conversation with Kurin made her a little more comfortable with socializing with other dragons as well.

He knew this outing was a good idea. Humming happily to himself, Humboldt plucked a kabob of deep fried honeybees off one of the food tables their pavilion was located nearby as a reward for his good judgement.

A loud THUMP nearly made him drop it.

As the spiral bounced off Vilequill mid-question, Konstanze barked out a laugh before she could stop herself. "This place is gettin' popular," she said, snorting a little. The fae fluttered over to the fallen spiral, leaning over her. "Hey pal, you alright?"
@tetris

In the middle of Konstanze's chat with the older skydancer, Humboldt disengaged himself from the crowd with the mirror hatchling and fluttered to the section of the pavilion where the clans were watching the festivities. He was certain that Hercules was in good hands, but he didn't want to involve himself in the little mess Danika got herself in over Pomodoro and Marble's budding romance.

He landed unsteadily on the ground a few feet from Konstanze, giving her a little wave and receiving a brief nod of acknowledgement in response. From the corner of his eye, just a little obscured by his mask, he could see a pink ridgeback land next to the skydancer she was talking to and join into the conversation. Humboldt smiled to himself, it was nice to see that her initial conversation with Kurin made her a little more comfortable with socializing with other dragons as well.

He knew this outing was a good idea. Humming happily to himself, Humboldt plucked a kabob of deep fried honeybees off one of the food tables their pavilion was located nearby as a reward for his good judgement.

A loud THUMP nearly made him drop it.

As the spiral bounced off Vilequill mid-question, Konstanze barked out a laugh before she could stop herself. "This place is gettin' popular," she said, snorting a little. The fae fluttered over to the fallen spiral, leaning over her. "Hey pal, you alright?"
vP4Hfzc.png
The ridgeback that Amethyst collided with seemed surprised, and nearly hit the poor spiral. "Oh! Oh goodness ma'm are you alright? You didn't get hit by the spikes, did you?" Vilequill said, slightly panicked.
"Vile, I'm sure she's fine." The skydancer said, before offering a hand to the fallen spiral. "Now, you mentioned something about food? I think our mirror friend has ours, I'm sure he'll turn up soon enough."
((@tetris neither have I man, it's totally cool.))
The ridgeback that Amethyst collided with seemed surprised, and nearly hit the poor spiral. "Oh! Oh goodness ma'm are you alright? You didn't get hit by the spikes, did you?" Vilequill said, slightly panicked.
"Vile, I'm sure she's fine." The skydancer said, before offering a hand to the fallen spiral. "Now, you mentioned something about food? I think our mirror friend has ours, I'm sure he'll turn up soon enough."
((@tetris neither have I man, it's totally cool.))
sigpic28411_7.gif
((argh sorry for the inactivity I've been a bit busy lately. And cool, new people! Great to have you on board. And @Yorda take all the time you need. ))

Kurin was looking at the two little pearlcatchers when she realized that there were now several new clans arriving at the pavilions. Where had they all come from anyway? Turning to listen to the conversations, she looked over at Capricorn, who was now seemingly arguing with Tanzanite about something trivial.

She wasn't sure what she was expecting when suddenly a random dragon came out of nowhere and bumped into another, causing a sort of show motion theatrics. "Are the two of you okay?" she asked in worry, walking over to the two of them, causing Capricorn and Tanzanite to look over in curiosity.
((argh sorry for the inactivity I've been a bit busy lately. And cool, new people! Great to have you on board. And @Yorda take all the time you need. ))

Kurin was looking at the two little pearlcatchers when she realized that there were now several new clans arriving at the pavilions. Where had they all come from anyway? Turning to listen to the conversations, she looked over at Capricorn, who was now seemingly arguing with Tanzanite about something trivial.

She wasn't sure what she was expecting when suddenly a random dragon came out of nowhere and bumped into another, causing a sort of show motion theatrics. "Are the two of you okay?" she asked in worry, walking over to the two of them, causing Capricorn and Tanzanite to look over in curiosity.
@TangeloJack @kikdin @Lesbohemian

Arrow, still in a fit of laughter, walked over to Siberia as she sat up and rubbed the
side of her head. "You okay, Sibe?" She managed to choke out between stifled chuckles.

Amethyst quickly walked forward, blushing furiously. "I am SO sorry. Siberia gets a little overwhelmed when there's food involved, did she hurt you at all?" She asked the Ridgeback, who was looking at Siberia with concern.

Siberia looked up at all of the dragons peering down at her. "I..I think I'm alright.." she answered them all softly, still massaging her horn. A female Fae was hovering over her, asking if she was okay. "Just a little bump is all! Thank for the concern, you really are too kind!" She then glanced up to the Ridgeback with a sheepish look. "I'm really sorry, mister Ridgie, sir. Luckily I missed your spikes but did I hurt you? I was just so hungry, I wasn't looking and I wasn't paying attention.." she trailed off as she noticed another Fae, a male, holding a kabob. Immediately she shot up and focused her attention on him. "WHERE did you get that?!"

Arrow stepped closer to the other dragons. "You'll have to excuse Sibe, manners are clearly not her strong suit. Aside from studying, hunger is her true driving passion. I'm Arrow and that's Origin-" she pointed behind her towards the massive blue Ridgeback, who dipped her head in acknowledgement. "-and this is Candyglass." She motioned at the other dragon, a Guardian with a ghostly complexion and pale pink eyes.

((quick question: do we have a plot in mind? o:))
@TangeloJack @kikdin @Lesbohemian

Arrow, still in a fit of laughter, walked over to Siberia as she sat up and rubbed the
side of her head. "You okay, Sibe?" She managed to choke out between stifled chuckles.

Amethyst quickly walked forward, blushing furiously. "I am SO sorry. Siberia gets a little overwhelmed when there's food involved, did she hurt you at all?" She asked the Ridgeback, who was looking at Siberia with concern.

Siberia looked up at all of the dragons peering down at her. "I..I think I'm alright.." she answered them all softly, still massaging her horn. A female Fae was hovering over her, asking if she was okay. "Just a little bump is all! Thank for the concern, you really are too kind!" She then glanced up to the Ridgeback with a sheepish look. "I'm really sorry, mister Ridgie, sir. Luckily I missed your spikes but did I hurt you? I was just so hungry, I wasn't looking and I wasn't paying attention.." she trailed off as she noticed another Fae, a male, holding a kabob. Immediately she shot up and focused her attention on him. "WHERE did you get that?!"

Arrow stepped closer to the other dragons. "You'll have to excuse Sibe, manners are clearly not her strong suit. Aside from studying, hunger is her true driving passion. I'm Arrow and that's Origin-" she pointed behind her towards the massive blue Ridgeback, who dipped her head in acknowledgement. "-and this is Candyglass." She motioned at the other dragon, a Guardian with a ghostly complexion and pale pink eyes.

((quick question: do we have a plot in mind? o:))
probably not a lizard
((Not really, it's just been sort of a go with the flow sort of thing.))

@tetris

Mid-bite, Humboldt pointed to the buffet table nearby in response to the spiral's question. Afterwards, he walked over the the crowd of new dragons and swallowed before greeting them. "I'm Humboldt!" he said, before gesturing at the female fae beside him, tipping her cap. "This is Konstanze, and..." His head whipped behind him, just as a pair of hatchings, a mirror and a spiral, crawled up to peek at the commotion. "This is Benedetto and Adelise! We've also got a snapper and a coatl in our clan, but they're busy right now. It's nice to meet you!"
((Not really, it's just been sort of a go with the flow sort of thing.))

@tetris

Mid-bite, Humboldt pointed to the buffet table nearby in response to the spiral's question. Afterwards, he walked over the the crowd of new dragons and swallowed before greeting them. "I'm Humboldt!" he said, before gesturing at the female fae beside him, tipping her cap. "This is Konstanze, and..." His head whipped behind him, just as a pair of hatchings, a mirror and a spiral, crawled up to peek at the commotion. "This is Benedetto and Adelise! We've also got a snapper and a coatl in our clan, but they're busy right now. It's nice to meet you!"
vP4Hfzc.png
@yodra can I join?
@yodra can I join?
boIu4p9.png
@tetris
The ridgeback Siberia had collided into seemed unhurt and immediately greeted the others, "Hello, I'm Vilequill, you didn't hurt me at all, I'm fine." Today was a good day for him. He got outside, talked to people, yes this was a very good day so far.
The skydancer seemed less happy than him.
"I am Kalliope, it is nice to meet you, even if it was through an accident. I think we have our mirror friend nearby, but I'm not too sure if he stuck around. He's ah, a shadow dragon. Doesn't like bright lights."
@tetris
The ridgeback Siberia had collided into seemed unhurt and immediately greeted the others, "Hello, I'm Vilequill, you didn't hurt me at all, I'm fine." Today was a good day for him. He got outside, talked to people, yes this was a very good day so far.
The skydancer seemed less happy than him.
"I am Kalliope, it is nice to meet you, even if it was through an accident. I think we have our mirror friend nearby, but I'm not too sure if he stuck around. He's ah, a shadow dragon. Doesn't like bright lights."
sigpic28411_7.gif
(( @lunusdragoness Yodra is on a semi-hiatus from the RP so she might not get your question in time. I don't mind if you join! c: ))

@TangeloJack @Lesbohemian
Siberia's eyes widened as she spotted the enormous table of food. "I knew I smelled it! I knew it. I'll be over there if you need me, I'm so hungry!" She floated over to the table and began violently inhaling everything within her reach.

"My name's Amethyst," Ame said, peering at all of them. A little Spiral, accompanied by a young Mirror, peeked their heads into the group. "Ah! Hatchlings! Hello, little ones." She lowered her face to gently boop each one on the nose. "We have a Spiral with us too," she told Adelise, then brought her head back up to the adults' eye level. "It's very nice to meet all of you. Are you all from the same clan? We're from Clan Reedsong, I'm their matriarch. Of course, only a few decided to come with us to the celebration. Have you been here since the start of the ceremony? I heard it was interrupted."

Meanwhile, Origin was eyeing the other Ridgeback, Vilequill. It had been a long while since she had seen another of her kind and she was quite taken aback to see the size difference. Candyglass, look. I am easily twice his size. Why? She asked the Guardian standing next to her. While the two were excited to experience the etching, they were not nearly as excited to experience the gargantuan crowd and took their preferred place a couple meters behind the group, who were now pleasantly chatting with each other.

"Do you think it has something to do with your creators?" Candyglass asked softly.

Possibly. It would explain it, I would have thought males would be much larger than females. My creators must have had a reason for my size, this is not the first of my kind I have been larger than.
(( @lunusdragoness Yodra is on a semi-hiatus from the RP so she might not get your question in time. I don't mind if you join! c: ))

@TangeloJack @Lesbohemian
Siberia's eyes widened as she spotted the enormous table of food. "I knew I smelled it! I knew it. I'll be over there if you need me, I'm so hungry!" She floated over to the table and began violently inhaling everything within her reach.

"My name's Amethyst," Ame said, peering at all of them. A little Spiral, accompanied by a young Mirror, peeked their heads into the group. "Ah! Hatchlings! Hello, little ones." She lowered her face to gently boop each one on the nose. "We have a Spiral with us too," she told Adelise, then brought her head back up to the adults' eye level. "It's very nice to meet all of you. Are you all from the same clan? We're from Clan Reedsong, I'm their matriarch. Of course, only a few decided to come with us to the celebration. Have you been here since the start of the ceremony? I heard it was interrupted."

Meanwhile, Origin was eyeing the other Ridgeback, Vilequill. It had been a long while since she had seen another of her kind and she was quite taken aback to see the size difference. Candyglass, look. I am easily twice his size. Why? She asked the Guardian standing next to her. While the two were excited to experience the etching, they were not nearly as excited to experience the gargantuan crowd and took their preferred place a couple meters behind the group, who were now pleasantly chatting with each other.

"Do you think it has something to do with your creators?" Candyglass asked softly.

Possibly. It would explain it, I would have thought males would be much larger than females. My creators must have had a reason for my size, this is not the first of my kind I have been larger than.
probably not a lizard
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18