Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | New Allies (Private RP)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
@dariiksnake [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5376376] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/53764/5376376_350.png[/img] [/url] Basil pressed himself against the rock that he was hiding behind. The sound of rocks being turned over was getting closer and closer. Each thud of a stone sent shudders down his spine. He and his companion where surrounded by a group of angry Talonok warriors. He didn't think that the route he took from the Starfall Isles would take him through Beastclan territory. He should have heeded the malicious omens he had seen in the morning. Basil swore that if he lived he would take his mother's words seriously and not as superstitious nonsense. "Where is that fly of a dragon?" A Talonok soldier said throwing down a rock in anger. The others stabbed at the crevices with spears. Basil clutched his pack. It contained a few spices, a scroll from the dragons at the Observatory, and the last of his food. Maybe he could trade it for his life. He pet Rizzo trying to keep the small Ragamouse calm. He looked around for an escape, watching the shadows of the Talonok move in the sun. Basil did not have much magic power left in him even while being surrounded by his natural element. The journey had been long and he hadn't had time to rest. He prayed that the Earthshaker would hear him and send someone to help.
@dariiksnake

5376376_350.png

Basil pressed himself against the rock that he was hiding behind. The sound of rocks being turned over was getting closer and closer. Each thud of a stone sent shudders down his spine. He and his companion where surrounded by a group of angry Talonok warriors. He didn't think that the route he took from the Starfall Isles would take him through Beastclan territory. He should have heeded the malicious omens he had seen in the morning. Basil swore that if he lived he would take his mother's words seriously and not as superstitious nonsense.

"Where is that fly of a dragon?" A Talonok soldier said throwing down a rock in anger. The others stabbed at the crevices with spears.

Basil clutched his pack. It contained a few spices, a scroll from the dragons at the Observatory, and the last of his food. Maybe he could trade it for his life. He pet Rizzo trying to keep the small Ragamouse calm. He looked around for an escape, watching the shadows of the Talonok move in the sun. Basil did not have much magic power left in him even while being surrounded by his natural element. The journey had been long and he hadn't had time to rest. He prayed that the Earthshaker would hear him and send someone to help.
EARTHSHAKER_sig.png
@TacoPanda [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=4002958] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/40030/4002958_350.png[/img] [/url] Of his siblings, Sangoki was the fastest. He was [i]always[/i] the fastest. He hadn't seen the smoke signal from the Outer Guard--a sure signal that an [i]attack[/i] was imminent or already happening--but unfortunately, this seemed more and more common. Beastclans coming closer and closer to the borders, all but undetected, ambushing not just unwary visitors, but even the guards themselves, and there was so little they could do to stop it entirely, even with their numbers. They just hadn't had the [i]experience[/i] yet... But [i]he[/i] had heard the shouts of Talonok warriors nearby, and he had briefly broken away from his sisters and their wanderings in the clan-lands, picking up speed when he saw the enemy turning over stones like they were...looking for something. Whatever they were looking for? He wasn't going to allow them to find it. They were already too [i]close[/i] to the Goki lands, and that was good enough an excuse for him. With a snarling roar, Lightning eyes blazing bright, he threw caution to the wind and threw [i]himself[/i] into the fray, a veritable whirlwind of claws and teeth. Even if he was a surprisingly-small Mirror dragon...it didn't make him any less vicious when provoked.
@TacoPanda

4002958_350.png

Of his siblings, Sangoki was the fastest. He was always the fastest.

He hadn't seen the smoke signal from the Outer Guard--a sure signal that an attack was imminent or already happening--but unfortunately, this seemed more and more common. Beastclans coming closer and closer to the borders, all but undetected, ambushing not just unwary visitors, but even the guards themselves, and there was so little they could do to stop it entirely, even with their numbers. They just hadn't had the experience yet...

But he had heard the shouts of Talonok warriors nearby, and he had briefly broken away from his sisters and their wanderings in the clan-lands, picking up speed when he saw the enemy turning over stones like they were...looking for something.

Whatever they were looking for? He wasn't going to allow them to find it. They were already too close to the Goki lands, and that was good enough an excuse for him.

With a snarling roar, Lightning eyes blazing bright, he threw caution to the wind and threw himself into the fray, a veritable whirlwind of claws and teeth. Even if he was a surprisingly-small Mirror dragon...it didn't make him any less vicious when provoked.
@dariiksnake

"We got ourselves a four-eyed rat!" Snarled the Raptorik leader leaping back out of the way of the mirror. There were 10 Talonok warriors total. All of them turned their attention to the blue mirror.

"His skull will look good in the lair." The others readied their spears. Five took flight getting in position to dive.

Basil peeked over the top of the rock he was hiding behind. He recognized the hissing of a mirror. This wasn't going to end well if he was the only one. He spotted a Coven member of the group pulling out a fan. He started to chant. Basil scurried out of his cover his frills shimmering in the sun. He tried to look intimidating. He conjured up some of his arcane abilities to counter the Coven's.

The Talonok set upon the young mirror stabbing at whatever flesh was exposed with claw and spear. Blood and feathers streaked the cracked earth.
@dariiksnake

"We got ourselves a four-eyed rat!" Snarled the Raptorik leader leaping back out of the way of the mirror. There were 10 Talonok warriors total. All of them turned their attention to the blue mirror.

"His skull will look good in the lair." The others readied their spears. Five took flight getting in position to dive.

Basil peeked over the top of the rock he was hiding behind. He recognized the hissing of a mirror. This wasn't going to end well if he was the only one. He spotted a Coven member of the group pulling out a fan. He started to chant. Basil scurried out of his cover his frills shimmering in the sun. He tried to look intimidating. He conjured up some of his arcane abilities to counter the Coven's.

The Talonok set upon the young mirror stabbing at whatever flesh was exposed with claw and spear. Blood and feathers streaked the cracked earth.
EARTHSHAKER_sig.png
@TacoPanda This wasn't good, this wasn't good at [i]all[/i], but it didn't stop Sangoki from lashing out at all within reach, sharp-clawed gauntlets rapidly staining with blood--some of his enemies', some of his own. He dimly heard chanting, but automatically assumed it to be enemy mages and simply fought harder, his growls and shrieks echoing off of the rock around them. ...And those cries were [i]answered[/i]. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=4002959] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/40030/4002959_350.png[/img] [/url] Another Lightning-eyed Mirror, a female this time, leapt off of one of the taller rocks she had sneaked around behind to land on the Talonok claws-first. But then again, Yongoki had always been more strategic, for her breed... [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=4002957] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/40030/4002957_350.png[/img] [/url] And yet [i]another[/i] just ran straight into the fray exactly as the male had, but [i]she[/i] had more size to throw around, and just rammed the first beast she came across, the skull she was wearing absorbing some of the blow, her tail whipping around sharply to knock the feet out from under some of the others behind her. Hopefully. And now Rokugoki just sounded [i]mad[/i] more than anything. "[i]San, you fool![/i]" What had he even been tracking down out here?! Other than fresh [i]prey[/i].
@TacoPanda

This wasn't good, this wasn't good at all, but it didn't stop Sangoki from lashing out at all within reach, sharp-clawed gauntlets rapidly staining with blood--some of his enemies', some of his own. He dimly heard chanting, but automatically assumed it to be enemy mages and simply fought harder, his growls and shrieks echoing off of the rock around them.

...And those cries were answered.

4002959_350.png

Another Lightning-eyed Mirror, a female this time, leapt off of one of the taller rocks she had sneaked around behind to land on the Talonok claws-first. But then again, Yongoki had always been more strategic, for her breed...

4002957_350.png

And yet another just ran straight into the fray exactly as the male had, but she had more size to throw around, and just rammed the first beast she came across, the skull she was wearing absorbing some of the blow, her tail whipping around sharply to knock the feet out from under some of the others behind her. Hopefully.

And now Rokugoki just sounded mad more than anything.

"San, you fool!" What had he even been tracking down out here?! Other than fresh prey.
@dariiksnake

The Raptorik bounced off the larger mirror disoriented from the blow. They stabbed at the mirror's eyes latching on viciously to any piece of flesh they could sink their claws into.

Three wrestled with Sangoki. One clung to his back his claws latching onto his back trying to get him to expose his neck to his other brothers. A few quick jabs from their swords would get this small mirror to fall. The leader of the group squared off with Rokugoki taking the brunt of the blow from the mirror's head. His companion fell on his back from the tail swipe. This raptorik was bigger than his companions and fought with a dagger rather than a sword. He shrieked as he charged the mirror. The injuries given to him by Rokugoki healed up in a wisp of green smoke. The talonok that Yongoki ambushed was crushed beneath her claws. The others turned and lashed out crying in their bird tongue.

Basil rooted himself feeling the earth under him and pulling the strength of the ground into his body. His frills twitching with building arcane energy. Might as well go out with a bang than a wimper he thought.
@dariiksnake

The Raptorik bounced off the larger mirror disoriented from the blow. They stabbed at the mirror's eyes latching on viciously to any piece of flesh they could sink their claws into.

Three wrestled with Sangoki. One clung to his back his claws latching onto his back trying to get him to expose his neck to his other brothers. A few quick jabs from their swords would get this small mirror to fall. The leader of the group squared off with Rokugoki taking the brunt of the blow from the mirror's head. His companion fell on his back from the tail swipe. This raptorik was bigger than his companions and fought with a dagger rather than a sword. He shrieked as he charged the mirror. The injuries given to him by Rokugoki healed up in a wisp of green smoke. The talonok that Yongoki ambushed was crushed beneath her claws. The others turned and lashed out crying in their bird tongue.

Basil rooted himself feeling the earth under him and pulling the strength of the ground into his body. His frills twitching with building arcane energy. Might as well go out with a bang than a wimper he thought.
EARTHSHAKER_sig.png
@TacoPanda

Rokugoki had had more than enough of that, and when she felt the scratches and jabs of a spear from that idiot on her head attempting to find one of her eyes, she just twisted (lashing out at the others with a foot in the process) and slammed against one of the larger boulders. One squishy Raptorik between her birdskull and an equally-hard boulder...quite literally between a rock and a hard place.

And it seemed like Yongoki had gotten just about fed up, herself. She had more pure stamina than speed or strength, and every wound hardly seemed to faze her, her claws tearing into anything within reach with the same eerie precision the ambush had shown, her high, eerie snarls never ending.

...But curiously enough, it was Sangoki that finally came out with something truly unexpected.

His own head-frills fanned out just slightly, his body momentarily freezing, and pure lightning abruptly rippled over his hide, shocking everything that came into contact with it. He was no pure mage, far from it, but it didn't mean he didn't try to make up for his lack of brute strength by other means than just speed!
@TacoPanda

Rokugoki had had more than enough of that, and when she felt the scratches and jabs of a spear from that idiot on her head attempting to find one of her eyes, she just twisted (lashing out at the others with a foot in the process) and slammed against one of the larger boulders. One squishy Raptorik between her birdskull and an equally-hard boulder...quite literally between a rock and a hard place.

And it seemed like Yongoki had gotten just about fed up, herself. She had more pure stamina than speed or strength, and every wound hardly seemed to faze her, her claws tearing into anything within reach with the same eerie precision the ambush had shown, her high, eerie snarls never ending.

...But curiously enough, it was Sangoki that finally came out with something truly unexpected.

His own head-frills fanned out just slightly, his body momentarily freezing, and pure lightning abruptly rippled over his hide, shocking everything that came into contact with it. He was no pure mage, far from it, but it didn't mean he didn't try to make up for his lack of brute strength by other means than just speed!
@dariiksnake

"Cheater! Cheater!" The talonok cried out as the lighting fried the warrior on Sangoki's back. He fell over with a unceremonious thud. His feathers charred and the smell of ozone tinged the air. His warrior brothers struck quickly making quick jabs at his wings and flank.The other coven shot a ball of magic at Yongoki rendering her attacks less effective. The talonok let out a death cry as his ribcage collapsed under the weight of Rokugoki's foot. The leader rushed at her planting his dagger behind her shoulder blade throwing any caution to the wind. The bites and slashes continuing to disappear on his body in puffs of smoke.

Basil spoke quietly, "The earth shall tremble." He shifted his foot and a great rumble shook the earth as shards shot out in the direction of the Coven. They were engulfed in stone unable to move. "Fossilize."
@dariiksnake

"Cheater! Cheater!" The talonok cried out as the lighting fried the warrior on Sangoki's back. He fell over with a unceremonious thud. His feathers charred and the smell of ozone tinged the air. His warrior brothers struck quickly making quick jabs at his wings and flank.The other coven shot a ball of magic at Yongoki rendering her attacks less effective. The talonok let out a death cry as his ribcage collapsed under the weight of Rokugoki's foot. The leader rushed at her planting his dagger behind her shoulder blade throwing any caution to the wind. The bites and slashes continuing to disappear on his body in puffs of smoke.

Basil spoke quietly, "The earth shall tremble." He shifted his foot and a great rumble shook the earth as shards shot out in the direction of the Coven. They were engulfed in stone unable to move. "Fossilize."
EARTHSHAKER_sig.png
@TacoPanda

Even as Rokugoki twisted sharply to try and snap her jaws shut like a steel trap on the leader stabbing her, San had seen that burst of Earth magic...and suddenly realized exactly what these Talonok had to have been looking for.

It had to have been another dragon!

He thrashed the fried enemy off of his back and roughly slashed at the first warrior within reach, bolting over to the boulder-pile and getting his back to it with a sharp hiss. "Yon--!"

She was busy at the moment, but not too busy to answer, and she did so irritably. "That was not me--"

"It's another dragon!"

"Siva and Featherstone don't go out this far--"

"No, it's a stranger!" It had to be!
@TacoPanda

Even as Rokugoki twisted sharply to try and snap her jaws shut like a steel trap on the leader stabbing her, San had seen that burst of Earth magic...and suddenly realized exactly what these Talonok had to have been looking for.

It had to have been another dragon!

He thrashed the fried enemy off of his back and roughly slashed at the first warrior within reach, bolting over to the boulder-pile and getting his back to it with a sharp hiss. "Yon--!"

She was busy at the moment, but not too busy to answer, and she did so irritably. "That was not me--"

"It's another dragon!"

"Siva and Featherstone don't go out this far--"

"No, it's a stranger!" It had to be!
@dariiksnake

Basil called upon his last reserves of magic and flew up raising a good sized boulder with him. He shot it at the coven who he could sense the healing magic from. The other would not be held by his other spell for much longer. The boulder pummeled the coven splattering feathers and blood all over the rocks. Basil floated down exhausted and needing to regain energy before he could help out again.

The other talonok that was fighting Sangoki rushed after him, but he when he could not catch up to the mirror he quickly took the the skies. The others on Yangoki slashed at her flank and legs in an attempt to hamstring her. Rokugoki's jaws found the leader's arm as he cried out trying to wrench it away from her. His dagger which he had planted was tangled in her skull armor. He let it go and clawed at her face wanting the dragon off of him. With the healer crushed he knew this was a losing fight.
@dariiksnake

Basil called upon his last reserves of magic and flew up raising a good sized boulder with him. He shot it at the coven who he could sense the healing magic from. The other would not be held by his other spell for much longer. The boulder pummeled the coven splattering feathers and blood all over the rocks. Basil floated down exhausted and needing to regain energy before he could help out again.

The other talonok that was fighting Sangoki rushed after him, but he when he could not catch up to the mirror he quickly took the the skies. The others on Yangoki slashed at her flank and legs in an attempt to hamstring her. Rokugoki's jaws found the leader's arm as he cried out trying to wrench it away from her. His dagger which he had planted was tangled in her skull armor. He let it go and clawed at her face wanting the dragon off of him. With the healer crushed he knew this was a losing fight.
EARTHSHAKER_sig.png
@TacoPanda

Well, that worked, too, and Sangoki lashed out ill-temperedly at the foe taking to the sky with a hiss. They weren't going to get above him this time! He had learned his lesson already with that, once...

Yongoki, on the other hand, was in just a little more trouble, with the Talonok attempting to hamstring her. And in response, she simply leapt into the sky, herself, wings fanning wide and pumping hard to get her into the air. If they were going to attempt to do that, then they would have to deal with her in her element!

And now with that annoying little healer-birdy crushed, Rokugoki simply grinned like an angry shark at the leader tangled in her birdskull, twisting to bash him against the rocks once more. Now...he didn't have that annoying constant healing to save him.
@TacoPanda

Well, that worked, too, and Sangoki lashed out ill-temperedly at the foe taking to the sky with a hiss. They weren't going to get above him this time! He had learned his lesson already with that, once...

Yongoki, on the other hand, was in just a little more trouble, with the Talonok attempting to hamstring her. And in response, she simply leapt into the sky, herself, wings fanning wide and pumping hard to get her into the air. If they were going to attempt to do that, then they would have to deal with her in her element!

And now with that annoying little healer-birdy crushed, Rokugoki simply grinned like an angry shark at the leader tangled in her birdskull, twisting to bash him against the rocks once more. Now...he didn't have that annoying constant healing to save him.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10