Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | We wage Foodformer War!
1 2 3 4 5 6
@Icestar
@Tesarus

((someday I will learn how not to be a scrub))

Bruteberry was a couple things. He had an appreciation for a good kill. He was a good businessmech. He was even a lover of poetry. But he wasn't a fool. It took the contract killer a moment to calm down from his initial state of rage and thirst for retribution. Bruteberry began to think his all-out offensive on the Autobots was ill-conceived when he noticed the tremors in his left hand. Those haven't been there for long. Probably something to do with this injury. Regardless of their cause, it was an awful idea to shoot a weapon without a steady hand. Three of them and one of him already sounded bad, but he knew that at least one of them was uninjured and one also had grenades.

"Well, great. Looks like this operation is going to be set back a day, if not more. Thanks for absolutely nothing, Autobots." They were lucky he had decided to be so merciful. Bruteberry had decided to just pack up and head back to the fish tank, perhaps turn on the TV and grab an energon ration to enjoy while waiting for a reasonable hour to recharge. Ugh, that sounds positively dreadful. Like I'm a civilian or something. Did he have any choice? No.

The white and aqua mech poked the cat's belly roughly. "Hey, wake up. You need to get me to the fish tank. Hey! HEY!" The final 'hey' woke the cat up with a jerk, and it involuntarily kicked a leg out. The strike connected with Bruteberry's side, and the sharpshooter was launched off the cat bed and onto the hardwood floor, skidding wildly towards the Autobots and watching helplessly as his pistol skidded across the floor and disappeared under the couch.
@Icestar
@Tesarus

((someday I will learn how not to be a scrub))

Bruteberry was a couple things. He had an appreciation for a good kill. He was a good businessmech. He was even a lover of poetry. But he wasn't a fool. It took the contract killer a moment to calm down from his initial state of rage and thirst for retribution. Bruteberry began to think his all-out offensive on the Autobots was ill-conceived when he noticed the tremors in his left hand. Those haven't been there for long. Probably something to do with this injury. Regardless of their cause, it was an awful idea to shoot a weapon without a steady hand. Three of them and one of him already sounded bad, but he knew that at least one of them was uninjured and one also had grenades.

"Well, great. Looks like this operation is going to be set back a day, if not more. Thanks for absolutely nothing, Autobots." They were lucky he had decided to be so merciful. Bruteberry had decided to just pack up and head back to the fish tank, perhaps turn on the TV and grab an energon ration to enjoy while waiting for a reasonable hour to recharge. Ugh, that sounds positively dreadful. Like I'm a civilian or something. Did he have any choice? No.

The white and aqua mech poked the cat's belly roughly. "Hey, wake up. You need to get me to the fish tank. Hey! HEY!" The final 'hey' woke the cat up with a jerk, and it involuntarily kicked a leg out. The strike connected with Bruteberry's side, and the sharpshooter was launched off the cat bed and onto the hardwood floor, skidding wildly towards the Autobots and watching helplessly as his pistol skidded across the floor and disappeared under the couch.
@Tracks
@Icestar

Nonpareil tried to relax as the femme bandaged his wound. "Oh yeah, like that cloth is going to help me at all." He complained quietly. The injury was leaking quite a bit, and for a moment, the donutformer had the presence of mind to be worried. How much could he lose before it got dangerous?

Now that he wasn't in the middle of a fight, he felt exhausted. How many 'cons are there, anyway? Hopefully not too many more. Nonpareil had wanted a fight when he left the base, but now he was even nervous about dealing with the humans' pet cat. He warily watched the animal, though it didn't seem keen on moving from its spot in the cat bed.

Sudden movement caught Nonpareil's attention. Something small practically flew out of the cat's bed, skittering across the floor towards him. It appeared to be... a tiny robot? "Decepticon!" He shouted, and as quickly as he could manage, Nonpareil jumped up and snatched a gun from his subspace. He was immediately struck with dizziness.

I got up too quickly. Not only was the room spinning, but his knees didn't exactly feel capable of supporting his weight. He collapsed onto the ground, still holding onto his gun.

((I'm going to be gone all weekend, so I'm just gonna knock Peril out for a bit so you guys can keep going if you want!))
@Tracks
@Icestar

Nonpareil tried to relax as the femme bandaged his wound. "Oh yeah, like that cloth is going to help me at all." He complained quietly. The injury was leaking quite a bit, and for a moment, the donutformer had the presence of mind to be worried. How much could he lose before it got dangerous?

Now that he wasn't in the middle of a fight, he felt exhausted. How many 'cons are there, anyway? Hopefully not too many more. Nonpareil had wanted a fight when he left the base, but now he was even nervous about dealing with the humans' pet cat. He warily watched the animal, though it didn't seem keen on moving from its spot in the cat bed.

Sudden movement caught Nonpareil's attention. Something small practically flew out of the cat's bed, skittering across the floor towards him. It appeared to be... a tiny robot? "Decepticon!" He shouted, and as quickly as he could manage, Nonpareil jumped up and snatched a gun from his subspace. He was immediately struck with dizziness.

I got up too quickly. Not only was the room spinning, but his knees didn't exactly feel capable of supporting his weight. He collapsed onto the ground, still holding onto his gun.

((I'm going to be gone all weekend, so I'm just gonna knock Peril out for a bit so you guys can keep going if you want!))
bab.png
@Tracks
@Tesarus

(you guys are all busy while i only seem to be getting one day a week at work *was going to quit but chickened out* so im up to very little =3=)

"its better than nothing." Creme grunted as she proceeded to wrap Nonpareil's chest. energon leaked and stained the cloth too quickly to be comfortable. "i dont think we can stay too long like this, we might have to go back in to try and save each other's aft ends." she then sighed.

just as she started to straighten, the mech she had just gotten to sit jumped back up to his feet with a warning cry as he pulled out a gun. she had her back to the bot that was skidding towards them, but turned fast enough to see it was a Decepticon. when she turned back, she had to catch her other partner as his stance faltered. well at least he will be staying here... she thought as she carefully but quickly put him onto his back.

she also snatched up Nonpareil's gun as she went to get back up and dash from cover- making a beeline for the enemy. her pedes, armed with rubber grips, were quiet as she was soon upon the 'Con.

finding it best that she take the advantage of him being on the floor, she only took a moment to straddle and pin the bot, who was on his back. her right had was occupied with Pareil's gun, while the left was gripping the piece of armor about center of his chest and applying some weight to keep him floored. some of her own plating puffed outward when she glanced to the cat for a moment.

on looking back, she could easily enough see energon coming from the mech's shoulder joint. he mustve sustained injury from either the grenade, or just now when he hit the ground.

(awkward moment, anyone? XD)
@Tracks
@Tesarus

(you guys are all busy while i only seem to be getting one day a week at work *was going to quit but chickened out* so im up to very little =3=)

"its better than nothing." Creme grunted as she proceeded to wrap Nonpareil's chest. energon leaked and stained the cloth too quickly to be comfortable. "i dont think we can stay too long like this, we might have to go back in to try and save each other's aft ends." she then sighed.

just as she started to straighten, the mech she had just gotten to sit jumped back up to his feet with a warning cry as he pulled out a gun. she had her back to the bot that was skidding towards them, but turned fast enough to see it was a Decepticon. when she turned back, she had to catch her other partner as his stance faltered. well at least he will be staying here... she thought as she carefully but quickly put him onto his back.

she also snatched up Nonpareil's gun as she went to get back up and dash from cover- making a beeline for the enemy. her pedes, armed with rubber grips, were quiet as she was soon upon the 'Con.

finding it best that she take the advantage of him being on the floor, she only took a moment to straddle and pin the bot, who was on his back. her right had was occupied with Pareil's gun, while the left was gripping the piece of armor about center of his chest and applying some weight to keep him floored. some of her own plating puffed outward when she glanced to the cat for a moment.

on looking back, she could easily enough see energon coming from the mech's shoulder joint. he mustve sustained injury from either the grenade, or just now when he hit the ground.

(awkward moment, anyone? XD)
Tis a Dragon at Heart.

EAaaT.gif
@Icestar
@Tesarus

((Yeah, I just got to my college, so I can't see myself being any less busy ;^; . *kicks Pre-Med prereqs*))

Bruteberry felt his calm demeanor shaken by his uncontrollable skidding. This wasn't the first time that day he had been anything but scarily calm, and he wasn't enjoying branching out so far. He made several attempts at trying to stop himself before he collided with the group of Autobots he had been spying on, but despite his slightly-clawed hands, he couldn't gain any purchase on the smooth wood. Right before he careened into where his enemies, the sharpshooter felt his chest tighten as the bot who had thrown the grenade at him leapt up, weapon in hand. My options for survival are dwindling right before my optics. Yet... So are theirs.

Bruteberry was given a huge relief when the doughnut-former toppled over (looking rather confused while he did so) and dropped his gun. He was less pleased when the cookie femme picked it right back up again and leaned on his chestplate when he came to a stop. The contract killer struck a neutral expression but didn't flinch away from her gaze either. He could get out of this. It was a technicality. It was a longshot. But it was a chance.

She might have had him pinned, but she also very unwisely left his hands free. With the same calm expression, Bruteberry gripped her left wrist with one hand. "Is there a problem, Autobot? Do you often make it a habit to attack a Neutral who is in obvious need of help?" He had no insignias on his frame, for he was a freelancer who literally took work from anyone who had the money. It didn't mean he subscribed to either side's tired dogma.

On the off chance that she wouldn't accept the fact that he was Neutral, the sharpshooter's hand was subtly moving down to his calf, where he had several throwing knives. I'd prefer for their Autobots to think of their attacker as an anonymous Decepticon, though. That's a much cleaner operation for me. The Decepticons can sort out any repercussions I caused. That's not my job.
@Icestar
@Tesarus

((Yeah, I just got to my college, so I can't see myself being any less busy ;^; . *kicks Pre-Med prereqs*))

Bruteberry felt his calm demeanor shaken by his uncontrollable skidding. This wasn't the first time that day he had been anything but scarily calm, and he wasn't enjoying branching out so far. He made several attempts at trying to stop himself before he collided with the group of Autobots he had been spying on, but despite his slightly-clawed hands, he couldn't gain any purchase on the smooth wood. Right before he careened into where his enemies, the sharpshooter felt his chest tighten as the bot who had thrown the grenade at him leapt up, weapon in hand. My options for survival are dwindling right before my optics. Yet... So are theirs.

Bruteberry was given a huge relief when the doughnut-former toppled over (looking rather confused while he did so) and dropped his gun. He was less pleased when the cookie femme picked it right back up again and leaned on his chestplate when he came to a stop. The contract killer struck a neutral expression but didn't flinch away from her gaze either. He could get out of this. It was a technicality. It was a longshot. But it was a chance.

She might have had him pinned, but she also very unwisely left his hands free. With the same calm expression, Bruteberry gripped her left wrist with one hand. "Is there a problem, Autobot? Do you often make it a habit to attack a Neutral who is in obvious need of help?" He had no insignias on his frame, for he was a freelancer who literally took work from anyone who had the money. It didn't mean he subscribed to either side's tired dogma.

On the off chance that she wouldn't accept the fact that he was Neutral, the sharpshooter's hand was subtly moving down to his calf, where he had several throwing knives. I'd prefer for their Autobots to think of their attacker as an anonymous Decepticon, though. That's a much cleaner operation for me. The Decepticons can sort out any repercussions I caused. That's not my job.
@Tracks
@Tesarus

(college? awe man =3= well, good luck :3)

the mech she had grabbed onto the wrist she had to keep him down. her optics didnt move as he did, staring directly into his with a cold gaze.

"i dont," she started in a low growl, "but a neutral thats gone and nearly killed both of my partners might as well be treated as a 'Con." she brandished the gun at him as she said the last, all the while his other arm reaching escaped her vision.

and then she seemed to waver a second. if there was anything that anyone could say about Creme and be correct without knowing her any other way, a wounded bot -even enemy- is a wounded bot and needed help. ultimately she couldnt propagate the wounds, but too she couldnt help them much.

something in her gaze softened a little, and her grip loosened on his chestplate as her eyes stole a look to where her partners were laying comatose. Nonpareil had held up better to his wound, he just made himself pass out. Shutterstock, on the other hand, sustained more major injuries. he likely wouldnt last the night without better help. her expression changed in that moment to something that was purely different than her snarl. it looked like it was a blend of fear and sadness as her shoulders hung, brows bunched together and slanted.

after what was probably three seconds of looking off, Creme shook her head. she couldnt let that all come first, when she had a job to do. her frame went back to tense, and expression went back to angered, though Bruteberry could see into her optics that she didnt shake it all.

"i cant do anything about wounds anyway, i dont know. Shutter is the one that does, and he is currently out of commission with three bullet holes in him. we all came here to retrieve something outta this place. what a neutral would be doing here, attacking bots without a word and with killer intent is pretty suspicious."
@Tracks
@Tesarus

(college? awe man =3= well, good luck :3)

the mech she had grabbed onto the wrist she had to keep him down. her optics didnt move as he did, staring directly into his with a cold gaze.

"i dont," she started in a low growl, "but a neutral thats gone and nearly killed both of my partners might as well be treated as a 'Con." she brandished the gun at him as she said the last, all the while his other arm reaching escaped her vision.

and then she seemed to waver a second. if there was anything that anyone could say about Creme and be correct without knowing her any other way, a wounded bot -even enemy- is a wounded bot and needed help. ultimately she couldnt propagate the wounds, but too she couldnt help them much.

something in her gaze softened a little, and her grip loosened on his chestplate as her eyes stole a look to where her partners were laying comatose. Nonpareil had held up better to his wound, he just made himself pass out. Shutterstock, on the other hand, sustained more major injuries. he likely wouldnt last the night without better help. her expression changed in that moment to something that was purely different than her snarl. it looked like it was a blend of fear and sadness as her shoulders hung, brows bunched together and slanted.

after what was probably three seconds of looking off, Creme shook her head. she couldnt let that all come first, when she had a job to do. her frame went back to tense, and expression went back to angered, though Bruteberry could see into her optics that she didnt shake it all.

"i cant do anything about wounds anyway, i dont know. Shutter is the one that does, and he is currently out of commission with three bullet holes in him. we all came here to retrieve something outta this place. what a neutral would be doing here, attacking bots without a word and with killer intent is pretty suspicious."
Tis a Dragon at Heart.

EAaaT.gif
@Icestar
@Tracks

((I'm back now, but I'm gonna let Peril stay as he is for a bit longer so Creme and Bruteberry can get through their dialogue without him acting like an idiot. :P
I'll get right to posting on the other rp, though.))
@Icestar
@Tracks

((I'm back now, but I'm gonna let Peril stay as he is for a bit longer so Creme and Bruteberry can get through their dialogue without him acting like an idiot. :P
I'll get right to posting on the other rp, though.))
bab.png
(yay! [img]http://e.deviantart.net/emoticons/d/dummy.gif[/img])
(yay! dummy.gif)
Tis a Dragon at Heart.

EAaaT.gif
@Icestar
@Tesarus

((Holla.))

The femme sure was assuming an awful lot, as Bruteberry had taken special care to not be seen by his quarries. ...Hm. I might have to start flat out lying here. Dishonesty is distasteful in a businessmech. "I have no idea what you're talking about. I haven't tried to kill anyone. I'm here on an observation mission for a Neutral third-party who wants to make sure that the Autobots and Decepticons aren't putting too many lives at risk. The gun I lost was my only sidearm. It was for self defense in case something like this happened." To add to his case, Bruteberry assumed the official-sounding, holier-than-thou register of someone who thought they knew better than you.

The marksman maintained optic contact and began to analyze whether or not he could throw her off of him and knife her before she could recover and get her gun up. The femme had more kibble on her than he did, and that added to her mass. His form was much more streamlined, with almost every part of the gummy shark integrated smoothly into his body. All in all, it was a toss-up. He could be stronger than her, or he might not be. The Autobot femme would almost definitely be quite heavy.

As their optics drilled into each other, Bruteberry was surprised that the femme's optics seemed to become less focused and drifted to the prone forms of her partners. Yeah, come on, give into that pity and let me up, he mentally implored her. His fingers stopped creeping towards his knife until she looked back with increased intensity. "Oh, you can help more than you think. You can get off of me."
@Icestar
@Tesarus

((Holla.))

The femme sure was assuming an awful lot, as Bruteberry had taken special care to not be seen by his quarries. ...Hm. I might have to start flat out lying here. Dishonesty is distasteful in a businessmech. "I have no idea what you're talking about. I haven't tried to kill anyone. I'm here on an observation mission for a Neutral third-party who wants to make sure that the Autobots and Decepticons aren't putting too many lives at risk. The gun I lost was my only sidearm. It was for self defense in case something like this happened." To add to his case, Bruteberry assumed the official-sounding, holier-than-thou register of someone who thought they knew better than you.

The marksman maintained optic contact and began to analyze whether or not he could throw her off of him and knife her before she could recover and get her gun up. The femme had more kibble on her than he did, and that added to her mass. His form was much more streamlined, with almost every part of the gummy shark integrated smoothly into his body. All in all, it was a toss-up. He could be stronger than her, or he might not be. The Autobot femme would almost definitely be quite heavy.

As their optics drilled into each other, Bruteberry was surprised that the femme's optics seemed to become less focused and drifted to the prone forms of her partners. Yeah, come on, give into that pity and let me up, he mentally implored her. His fingers stopped creeping towards his knife until she looked back with increased intensity. "Oh, you can help more than you think. You can get off of me."
@Tracks
@Tesarus

she watched the bot under her for a few moments as he was... mostly still. that little flicker of movement that was his arm starting to reach again caught her attention.

her leg was in a fair spot, so she leaned onto one side so the armor on the joint of her knee could open up. she then found his wrist, a short distance away, and settled it between the pieces, and let the armor pinch back together and keep in place.

"judging by that you are reaching for something," she then hissed as her gaze went cold, "and that wound on your arm looks like it is pretty fresh... like when my partner lobbed a grenade at an enemy not long ago." her plating flattened to her form. the 'cookie' faces were broken up neatly, and served as heavy armor that wrapped from her back to midsection, other parts formed around her shoulders. it was a little heavy for her size, even Shutterstock had it lighter than she for his size. but it was useful: she could throw her weight around.

and this is one of those moments. leaning forward, she shifted more of that weight onto his chestplate and trapped wrist. "i sure dont see or hear any third parties coming to rescue." she sneered, "because as far as I know, the Autobots developed the tech to take these tiny frames, and the 'Cons stole it, and none other have it."
@Tracks
@Tesarus

she watched the bot under her for a few moments as he was... mostly still. that little flicker of movement that was his arm starting to reach again caught her attention.

her leg was in a fair spot, so she leaned onto one side so the armor on the joint of her knee could open up. she then found his wrist, a short distance away, and settled it between the pieces, and let the armor pinch back together and keep in place.

"judging by that you are reaching for something," she then hissed as her gaze went cold, "and that wound on your arm looks like it is pretty fresh... like when my partner lobbed a grenade at an enemy not long ago." her plating flattened to her form. the 'cookie' faces were broken up neatly, and served as heavy armor that wrapped from her back to midsection, other parts formed around her shoulders. it was a little heavy for her size, even Shutterstock had it lighter than she for his size. but it was useful: she could throw her weight around.

and this is one of those moments. leaning forward, she shifted more of that weight onto his chestplate and trapped wrist. "i sure dont see or hear any third parties coming to rescue." she sneered, "because as far as I know, the Autobots developed the tech to take these tiny frames, and the 'Cons stole it, and none other have it."
Tis a Dragon at Heart.

EAaaT.gif
@Icestar
@Tesarus

The corner of Bruteberry's optic twitched in a show of discomfort as the plating closed around his forearm, trapping it. It wasn't as if he didn't have sheathes on both sides of his body, but this femme was far too observant for her own good. She thought she was hot stuff, and while she may very well be quite good, she didn't make a living off of ending lives. Still the marksman continued to argue that he was up to nothing sinister. "'Reaching for something'? Yes, I'm reaching for my badge. Some of us have inconvenient storage areas. I intend to convince you that I am legitimate." His lie was actually quite a good idea. He'd have to find some small data pads and convert them to look like official sanctions, but it was easier than starting a gunfight.

The grimace Bruteberry gave the femme was a complete facade of concern and sorrow. "You have my condolences for your comrades' conditions. Though, I would like to point out that if I was let up, I could start looking for this alleged Decepticon sniper and bring him to justice. As that is my job."

While the aqua mech had been speaking, his other hand had snaked down to his calf and the compartment slid open without a sound. It was a heavy knife, not suited for throwing at all, but used either as a bludgeoning instrument or as a blade, it was powerful. "Ah. Here it is. Inspect this!" His uninjured arm had been left free, and with it, the contract killer brought his knife down towards the femme's spinal strut at an angle. As he did so, he was already preparing to launch her limp body off him with his knee, and shoved his leg upwards into her abdomen.
@Icestar
@Tesarus

The corner of Bruteberry's optic twitched in a show of discomfort as the plating closed around his forearm, trapping it. It wasn't as if he didn't have sheathes on both sides of his body, but this femme was far too observant for her own good. She thought she was hot stuff, and while she may very well be quite good, she didn't make a living off of ending lives. Still the marksman continued to argue that he was up to nothing sinister. "'Reaching for something'? Yes, I'm reaching for my badge. Some of us have inconvenient storage areas. I intend to convince you that I am legitimate." His lie was actually quite a good idea. He'd have to find some small data pads and convert them to look like official sanctions, but it was easier than starting a gunfight.

The grimace Bruteberry gave the femme was a complete facade of concern and sorrow. "You have my condolences for your comrades' conditions. Though, I would like to point out that if I was let up, I could start looking for this alleged Decepticon sniper and bring him to justice. As that is my job."

While the aqua mech had been speaking, his other hand had snaked down to his calf and the compartment slid open without a sound. It was a heavy knife, not suited for throwing at all, but used either as a bludgeoning instrument or as a blade, it was powerful. "Ah. Here it is. Inspect this!" His uninjured arm had been left free, and with it, the contract killer brought his knife down towards the femme's spinal strut at an angle. As he did so, he was already preparing to launch her limp body off him with his knee, and shoved his leg upwards into her abdomen.
1 2 3 4 5 6