Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | We wage Foodformer War!
1 2 3 4 5 6
@Tracks
@Icestar

Alright, I'm probably going to catch up with those two any second now. Nonpareil continued rolling down the sidewalk in his alt mode, doing his best to stay away from humans. A small child almost picked him up at one point, but thankfully, his reflexes were quick enough to swerve away in time. They're probably going to wonder why I'm late, so it's time to work some magic and make up an excuse.

Whatever he told them, it had to be good enough that they wouldn't question it too much. Didn't want them asking the bots back at base about it, after all. So, it had to be at least sort of thought out. Stories are a bit like boats; too many holes, and they'll sink right to the bottom and probably get someone killed. As he thought, he switched to root mode and made a rude gesture at a large pigeon that had been following him around. The bird, seeing that he was not actually a particularly active donut, lost interest and flew away.

He flipped back to altmode and kept up a brisk pace. Who knew how far ahead the other two had gotten?

Maybe I'll just say I was a late addition to the team. Oh, I know! I'll tell them there were reports of Decepticon activity, and that's why they sent me. It sounded pretty good, in his opinion. Now the only problem was finding them. He hadn't really thought about it before, but all three of them were so small... He wasn't even sure he was going the right way. He probably should've given the whole plan a little more thought.

Thankfully, by some stroke of luck, or Primus' mercy, or something, he spotted the Oreo. Well, hopefully it was the Oreo he was looking for, and not just a regular vanilla Oreo rolling down the street. He didn't see Shuttershock anywhere, though, so the chance of it being the femme seemed rather slim. Still, he'd never know if he didn't try!

"Hey! Hey, wait up!" He called.
@Tracks
@Icestar

Alright, I'm probably going to catch up with those two any second now. Nonpareil continued rolling down the sidewalk in his alt mode, doing his best to stay away from humans. A small child almost picked him up at one point, but thankfully, his reflexes were quick enough to swerve away in time. They're probably going to wonder why I'm late, so it's time to work some magic and make up an excuse.

Whatever he told them, it had to be good enough that they wouldn't question it too much. Didn't want them asking the bots back at base about it, after all. So, it had to be at least sort of thought out. Stories are a bit like boats; too many holes, and they'll sink right to the bottom and probably get someone killed. As he thought, he switched to root mode and made a rude gesture at a large pigeon that had been following him around. The bird, seeing that he was not actually a particularly active donut, lost interest and flew away.

He flipped back to altmode and kept up a brisk pace. Who knew how far ahead the other two had gotten?

Maybe I'll just say I was a late addition to the team. Oh, I know! I'll tell them there were reports of Decepticon activity, and that's why they sent me. It sounded pretty good, in his opinion. Now the only problem was finding them. He hadn't really thought about it before, but all three of them were so small... He wasn't even sure he was going the right way. He probably should've given the whole plan a little more thought.

Thankfully, by some stroke of luck, or Primus' mercy, or something, he spotted the Oreo. Well, hopefully it was the Oreo he was looking for, and not just a regular vanilla Oreo rolling down the street. He didn't see Shuttershock anywhere, though, so the chance of it being the femme seemed rather slim. Still, he'd never know if he didn't try!

"Hey! Hey, wait up!" He called.
bab.png
@Tracks
@Tesarus

the mech gliding up above saw the approaching donut to his partner. he zoomed in, then remembered about the one other mech that had undergone changing into the tiny alt mode. at least one other. had they left him? but he was told he was only partnered with Creme. what was he doing, then?

speaking of which, the femme heard the call from the donut-former. when she did, it was a short moment that she was switched back to her Root mode and turned to look at him. "what are you doing here?"

Shutterstock saw his partner stop, so he paused mid-flight and went to hover down to the ground and land gently. "i was only told us two were going...?"
@Tracks
@Tesarus

the mech gliding up above saw the approaching donut to his partner. he zoomed in, then remembered about the one other mech that had undergone changing into the tiny alt mode. at least one other. had they left him? but he was told he was only partnered with Creme. what was he doing, then?

speaking of which, the femme heard the call from the donut-former. when she did, it was a short moment that she was switched back to her Root mode and turned to look at him. "what are you doing here?"

Shutterstock saw his partner stop, so he paused mid-flight and went to hover down to the ground and land gently. "i was only told us two were going...?"
Tis a Dragon at Heart.

EAaaT.gif
@Icestar
@Tracks
((I'm gonna go ahead and post again so Bruteberry will have someone to shoot at soon. If that's okay, that is!))

Oh, thank goodness. That Oreo really was one of the bots Nonpareil was looking for. He gladly shifted out of his altmode and approached the femme. He tried to look as casual as possible as he told his story. "What am I doing here? Well, I guess the higher-ups didn't tell you, but-" He was interrupted by the arrival of Shuttershock. Well, I could've guessed he'd be nearby. Well, cool. Just means I don't have to repeat myself.

"As I was saying, it seems like the guys who sent us on this mission got some really last-minute intel, and found out the Decepticons have already made their move. So, they sent me to help you out. I told 'em you could probably handle it on your own, but they just wanted to be safe." He shrugged. "Which is good, I guess. Better safe than sorry, as the humans say. Now, are we almost there? They had me leaving so quick, I forgot to get directions from them before I left."
@Icestar
@Tracks
((I'm gonna go ahead and post again so Bruteberry will have someone to shoot at soon. If that's okay, that is!))

Oh, thank goodness. That Oreo really was one of the bots Nonpareil was looking for. He gladly shifted out of his altmode and approached the femme. He tried to look as casual as possible as he told his story. "What am I doing here? Well, I guess the higher-ups didn't tell you, but-" He was interrupted by the arrival of Shuttershock. Well, I could've guessed he'd be nearby. Well, cool. Just means I don't have to repeat myself.

"As I was saying, it seems like the guys who sent us on this mission got some really last-minute intel, and found out the Decepticons have already made their move. So, they sent me to help you out. I told 'em you could probably handle it on your own, but they just wanted to be safe." He shrugged. "Which is good, I guess. Better safe than sorry, as the humans say. Now, are we almost there? They had me leaving so quick, I forgot to get directions from them before I left."
bab.png
@Icestar
@Tesarus

((Yeah go ahead I was already planning on sitting out a few replies))
@Icestar
@Tesarus

((Yeah go ahead I was already planning on sitting out a few replies))
@Tracks
@Tesarus

(i agree, lets give Bruteberry something to shoot at. XD)
*gets ninja'd*)

the pair of them listened into his story. "Makes sense." Shutterstock said as he nodded, looking around.

"right around the corner now." Creme said as she nodded. "we can walk right around." she said. Shutterstock grunted when she turned, it seemed that she was self-appointed leader.

... and he got met with a firm cuff on the helm and a hard glare from the tiny femme. he was a little taken back, but didnt know how to react, but only watched as she walked on.

"well then." he said, then started after the vanilla oreo femme. it wasnt too long until they could see the house. at which, she was fast to get into a spot where she blended in.
@Tracks
@Tesarus

(i agree, lets give Bruteberry something to shoot at. XD)
*gets ninja'd*)

the pair of them listened into his story. "Makes sense." Shutterstock said as he nodded, looking around.

"right around the corner now." Creme said as she nodded. "we can walk right around." she said. Shutterstock grunted when she turned, it seemed that she was self-appointed leader.

... and he got met with a firm cuff on the helm and a hard glare from the tiny femme. he was a little taken back, but didnt know how to react, but only watched as she walked on.

"well then." he said, then started after the vanilla oreo femme. it wasnt too long until they could see the house. at which, she was fast to get into a spot where she blended in.
Tis a Dragon at Heart.

EAaaT.gif
@Tracks
@Icestar

They bought it. Wow. No questions asked. It was quite a relief, at least. Nonpareil wouldn't have to do any grasping at straws to try and convince the duo that he belonged on the mission with them. Now I've just gotta hope the bots back at base don't find out. Eh, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

He hung back for a moment, allowing the other two to take the lead. He still didn't know the femme's name, but he could find out later. She seemed to be the leader of their little group, anyway. As much as it bothered him to not be the one calling the shots, he'd still make the best of a bad situation. Besides, this was pretty entertaining. He snickered quietly when Shuttershock got a light cuff to the helm for trying to walk ahead. All things considered, Nonpareil was glad he had a faceplate. It took people longer to figure out he was laughing, so they got angry less.

He followed them around the corner, but was a bit slow to find somewhere to hide. He was a bit busy looking around, trying to figure out which house held their target.
@Tracks
@Icestar

They bought it. Wow. No questions asked. It was quite a relief, at least. Nonpareil wouldn't have to do any grasping at straws to try and convince the duo that he belonged on the mission with them. Now I've just gotta hope the bots back at base don't find out. Eh, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

He hung back for a moment, allowing the other two to take the lead. He still didn't know the femme's name, but he could find out later. She seemed to be the leader of their little group, anyway. As much as it bothered him to not be the one calling the shots, he'd still make the best of a bad situation. Besides, this was pretty entertaining. He snickered quietly when Shuttershock got a light cuff to the helm for trying to walk ahead. All things considered, Nonpareil was glad he had a faceplate. It took people longer to figure out he was laughing, so they got angry less.

He followed them around the corner, but was a bit slow to find somewhere to hide. He was a bit busy looking around, trying to figure out which house held their target.
bab.png
@Tracks
@Tesarus

(though youll still get the pings. XD you decide when you want to jump back in)

Creme got close to the house, and was starting to look for a discreet way inside. Shutterstock, taking advantage of his wings, had taken to the air to keep watch from above. using the lens he had, he zoomed in on Creme as she looked around, other time focused on windows of the house to see if it was clear. which, he hadnt seen anything but a tabby cat so far.
@Tracks
@Tesarus

(though youll still get the pings. XD you decide when you want to jump back in)

Creme got close to the house, and was starting to look for a discreet way inside. Shutterstock, taking advantage of his wings, had taken to the air to keep watch from above. using the lens he had, he zoomed in on Creme as she looked around, other time focused on windows of the house to see if it was clear. which, he hadnt seen anything but a tabby cat so far.
Tis a Dragon at Heart.

EAaaT.gif
@Icestar
@Tesarus

((Alright, I'm taking this as my cue.))

Bruteberry was something of an insomniac. It had never hampered him in doing his job at all. If anything, it seemed to make it easier. Sniping your targets was a lot easier if they had to sleep and you couldn't. Sometimes though, he did get a bit spacey. Stakeouts were boring, and if the sky was beautiful and cloudless, and he was being cuddled by a huge furry creature, it was an invitation for his mind to wander.

He was in his old form, stalking a quarry who was hiding on an organic planet. The one he was on currently, in fact. Surprisingly enough, this had been one of the few instances when the Autobots had finally gotten rid of their annoying pride and had ponied up enough cash for his services. According to his contract, he was to eradicate Decepticon stragglers. The directions were clear: indescriminate killing was perfectly acceptable as long as they wore the Deceptibrand and no one saw. He heard a rustling to his left, and low voices. The sharpshooter's spark pulse quickened, the chase was over. His prey had gotten too comfortable. The aqua mech saw him, large and gunmetal grey. A flier. A Seeker washout maybe. No matter. Soon he was just going to be another carcass on the pile. Something rustled again, enough to spook the flier, who took off with a roar of jet engines. That wasn't how the scenario had played out.

Bruteberry found himself shaken out of his reverie by the cat. It was pawing at him. "What? What is it you fragging fur-maggot? Don't throw me off, this is important!"

"Mroww..." was the cat's reply. It pawed at him again, and Bruteberry wondered if maybe it was trying to tell him something. Sighing, he returned his gaze to the window, not at all prepared for what he saw.

"Those are...! They have to be! Autobots, finally! Stupid ones too, standing out in the open like that. He wasn't so interested in the ground-bound pair who trundled closer to the house. There was a little flying scout, who would report his position the first chance he got. Not unless I blind him. No more eye in the sky for you Autobots, heh. "Hide me, cat!" Bruteberry yelled as he switched to Root and took a sniping position behind the tabby. His assault rifle was set to manual fire, and Bruteberry steeled his nerves. Three shots. That's all it'll take to cripple their operation right here.

With a steady vent, the mercenary squeezed the trigger three times in quick, even succession. All three were carefully aimed by the master marksman- one for each optic, the last for the Autobot's lens.
@Icestar
@Tesarus

((Alright, I'm taking this as my cue.))

Bruteberry was something of an insomniac. It had never hampered him in doing his job at all. If anything, it seemed to make it easier. Sniping your targets was a lot easier if they had to sleep and you couldn't. Sometimes though, he did get a bit spacey. Stakeouts were boring, and if the sky was beautiful and cloudless, and he was being cuddled by a huge furry creature, it was an invitation for his mind to wander.

He was in his old form, stalking a quarry who was hiding on an organic planet. The one he was on currently, in fact. Surprisingly enough, this had been one of the few instances when the Autobots had finally gotten rid of their annoying pride and had ponied up enough cash for his services. According to his contract, he was to eradicate Decepticon stragglers. The directions were clear: indescriminate killing was perfectly acceptable as long as they wore the Deceptibrand and no one saw. He heard a rustling to his left, and low voices. The sharpshooter's spark pulse quickened, the chase was over. His prey had gotten too comfortable. The aqua mech saw him, large and gunmetal grey. A flier. A Seeker washout maybe. No matter. Soon he was just going to be another carcass on the pile. Something rustled again, enough to spook the flier, who took off with a roar of jet engines. That wasn't how the scenario had played out.

Bruteberry found himself shaken out of his reverie by the cat. It was pawing at him. "What? What is it you fragging fur-maggot? Don't throw me off, this is important!"

"Mroww..." was the cat's reply. It pawed at him again, and Bruteberry wondered if maybe it was trying to tell him something. Sighing, he returned his gaze to the window, not at all prepared for what he saw.

"Those are...! They have to be! Autobots, finally! Stupid ones too, standing out in the open like that. He wasn't so interested in the ground-bound pair who trundled closer to the house. There was a little flying scout, who would report his position the first chance he got. Not unless I blind him. No more eye in the sky for you Autobots, heh. "Hide me, cat!" Bruteberry yelled as he switched to Root and took a sniping position behind the tabby. His assault rifle was set to manual fire, and Bruteberry steeled his nerves. Three shots. That's all it'll take to cripple their operation right here.

With a steady vent, the mercenary squeezed the trigger three times in quick, even succession. All three were carefully aimed by the master marksman- one for each optic, the last for the Autobot's lens.
@Tracks
@Icestar
((Maybe I'm just incredibly self-centered, but... large gunmetal gray seeker washout? It reminds me of Mayday! ・∀・
Also, Icy, do you wanna post before me? It feels odd to react when I'm not sure if Shuttershock's been hit. If you don't want to, though, I can come up with something!))
@Tracks
@Icestar
((Maybe I'm just incredibly self-centered, but... large gunmetal gray seeker washout? It reminds me of Mayday! ・∀・
Also, Icy, do you wanna post before me? It feels odd to react when I'm not sure if Shuttershock's been hit. If you don't want to, though, I can come up with something!))
bab.png
@Tracks
@Tesarus

(hehe :3 thats what i thought, too. and the whole orange tabbycat made me think of our humanformer parody story which needs to be continued so we are like invading their house XD

and i can run, Tesa, then you and Tracks, then its back to our normal order)

the little bot in the air only saw the orange cat as it pawed at seemingly nothing. a little confused, we went to zoom in on the cat to take a better look. but before he was able to, there was noise of gunshots.

the first tore through his left optic, threatening to take apart his processor. the second did the same to his right. he hadnt felt such pain before, letting out a wail. the hits sent him into a aerial backflip. the third and last shot barely missed its mark, since it was jerked out of place. still, though, it got some damage: cracked lens, and some mechanics for zooming had been hindered.

it was almost like his wings forgot how to flap, because he was barreling to the ground in no time. he landed with a crunch, which was a wing getting shattered. flying was really hard without all six of them, and now it was harder because he could (barely) see out of his lens, both optics rendered useless.

Creme has heard the shots then Shutterstock's pained cry, at which she dove for cover (pulling Nonpareil with her) before peering just in time to see him fall. she wouldve called out at him; but it was probably best not to draw more attention.
@Tracks
@Tesarus

(hehe :3 thats what i thought, too. and the whole orange tabbycat made me think of our humanformer parody story which needs to be continued so we are like invading their house XD

and i can run, Tesa, then you and Tracks, then its back to our normal order)

the little bot in the air only saw the orange cat as it pawed at seemingly nothing. a little confused, we went to zoom in on the cat to take a better look. but before he was able to, there was noise of gunshots.

the first tore through his left optic, threatening to take apart his processor. the second did the same to his right. he hadnt felt such pain before, letting out a wail. the hits sent him into a aerial backflip. the third and last shot barely missed its mark, since it was jerked out of place. still, though, it got some damage: cracked lens, and some mechanics for zooming had been hindered.

it was almost like his wings forgot how to flap, because he was barreling to the ground in no time. he landed with a crunch, which was a wing getting shattered. flying was really hard without all six of them, and now it was harder because he could (barely) see out of his lens, both optics rendered useless.

Creme has heard the shots then Shutterstock's pained cry, at which she dove for cover (pulling Nonpareil with her) before peering just in time to see him fall. she wouldve called out at him; but it was probably best not to draw more attention.
Tis a Dragon at Heart.

EAaaT.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6