Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Enigma: An original anthro RPG (IC)
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Ears flattening, the small brown mixed wolf crouched down, pressed back against the boulder she had backed herself into. Fur bristled vividly as the sound of footsteps came closer and closer still. A soft growl rumbled from within the enigma's throat as the man emerged.

But this was no mere man...

He was an enigma like them, his reptilian tail sweeping behind him. But then again, the she-wolf's keen awareness told her that he wasn't them... His aura giving off rather malicious intent. Locket could sense this now that she had more or less calmed down, but could the other lad? He came off as a rather stupidly naive individual.

Eyes narrowing, the younger enigma's gaze shifted about the small area. If it came down to it, she could easily run away, for unlike the large wolf that stood nearby, she was small enough to pass as a dog, and had passed through this park many times. Frequent people would pay little heed if she ran by. Finally, her gaze fell upon a somewhat clear exit out of the wood.

Method of possible escape now decided, Locket turned her gaze back to the reptile man and the one named Gizmo. Would she really be willing to ditch this other wolf enigma to save her own hide? Then again where was the problem? They were still strangers. But still... It would end up being a rather punk move on her part, if he couldn't shift back into a human at will, for he would have nowhere to go.

But what if he could...?

Then, if she ran and the reptilian one took pursuit, he could easily get away. But that was only if he could or not... And to that mystery, she had no answer. For the moment, Locket remained still, growling softly as her limbs shook slightly with her uncertainty and fear.

@Kirika @Sakurawr
Ears flattening, the small brown mixed wolf crouched down, pressed back against the boulder she had backed herself into. Fur bristled vividly as the sound of footsteps came closer and closer still. A soft growl rumbled from within the enigma's throat as the man emerged.

But this was no mere man...

He was an enigma like them, his reptilian tail sweeping behind him. But then again, the she-wolf's keen awareness told her that he wasn't them... His aura giving off rather malicious intent. Locket could sense this now that she had more or less calmed down, but could the other lad? He came off as a rather stupidly naive individual.

Eyes narrowing, the younger enigma's gaze shifted about the small area. If it came down to it, she could easily run away, for unlike the large wolf that stood nearby, she was small enough to pass as a dog, and had passed through this park many times. Frequent people would pay little heed if she ran by. Finally, her gaze fell upon a somewhat clear exit out of the wood.

Method of possible escape now decided, Locket turned her gaze back to the reptile man and the one named Gizmo. Would she really be willing to ditch this other wolf enigma to save her own hide? Then again where was the problem? They were still strangers. But still... It would end up being a rather punk move on her part, if he couldn't shift back into a human at will, for he would have nowhere to go.

But what if he could...?

Then, if she ran and the reptilian one took pursuit, he could easily get away. But that was only if he could or not... And to that mystery, she had no answer. For the moment, Locket remained still, growling softly as her limbs shook slightly with her uncertainty and fear.

@Kirika @Sakurawr
Triple Ripple Raffle

Triple gold Ripple coatls + other great prizes!
Gizmos ears flattened and he pushed himself back into the bush and let it cover him slightly. His fur bristled vividly as the man moved in closer and Gizmo began inhaling deep breaths to calm himself. He couldn't help himself and as the man emerged a slight growl came up from his parched throat. But as the deep breaths did there job, Gizmo felt his fur calming its self and returning back to its natural place.

He let himself watch the small she wolf as she looked around no doubt planning her escape. Gizmo knew in order to get away cleanly he would have to shift back and run swiftly back through the park. Looking upon the small wolf he noticed she could be mistaken as a dog as long no one kept there gaze upon her for long. He used his venomous green eyes to signal the little brown wolf as if it was going to be ok.

Noticing her shaky legs he huffed slightly and turned to the stranger. With a wicked smile spread across his maw he began to shift back to his human form. When it was done he fell to his knees slightly and gasped for the cool air around him. Smiling slightly to the she wolf he used his hand to signal her away. Slowly he stood and looking to the stranger he stayed put and in a defensive position he wasn't going to run until the small wolf had safely made it past him and heading away.
Gizmos ears flattened and he pushed himself back into the bush and let it cover him slightly. His fur bristled vividly as the man moved in closer and Gizmo began inhaling deep breaths to calm himself. He couldn't help himself and as the man emerged a slight growl came up from his parched throat. But as the deep breaths did there job, Gizmo felt his fur calming its self and returning back to its natural place.

He let himself watch the small she wolf as she looked around no doubt planning her escape. Gizmo knew in order to get away cleanly he would have to shift back and run swiftly back through the park. Looking upon the small wolf he noticed she could be mistaken as a dog as long no one kept there gaze upon her for long. He used his venomous green eyes to signal the little brown wolf as if it was going to be ok.

Noticing her shaky legs he huffed slightly and turned to the stranger. With a wicked smile spread across his maw he began to shift back to his human form. When it was done he fell to his knees slightly and gasped for the cool air around him. Smiling slightly to the she wolf he used his hand to signal her away. Slowly he stood and looking to the stranger he stayed put and in a defensive position he wasn't going to run until the small wolf had safely made it past him and heading away.
☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆
I have many pairs in my lair,want a baby, just look at my clan profile (list of pairs) and message me i'm sure we can work something out :) I'm flexible on price so don't worry...
@Galileo @Sakurawr

(Forgot to do this) XD
@Galileo @Sakurawr

(Forgot to do this) XD
I have many pairs in my lair,want a baby, just look at my clan profile (list of pairs) and message me i'm sure we can work something out :) I'm flexible on price so don't worry...
Nef glanced between the two, evidently the plan was to run from him, not that it mattered much. Now he could recognise their scents they could not evade him forever, it would only be a matter of time before he found either of them again. "How cute, standing up for your little girlfriend." He teased, his voice rising into a raspy laugh. With a swift shift, his fingers changed into deadly black claws which gleamed in the patchy sunlight. "We can do this the nice way, but don't expect that if you run from me." The man smiled, flexing his clawed fingers to make the point clear.

He crouched down slightly, more with the intent of providing a strong position to launch himself from, but it also could come over less aggressive. "I have no intentions of killing you mind, my employer would have my head if I did." Nef remarked, while the Vijaro wouldn't kill him over the incident the consequences would be worse than death for him. It took him long enough to win their trust, with his slightly less than favourable personality. They had however seen his use in tracking people down, he had more use than a normal human and more response than a dog. After all, Nef could speak, unlike some hairy mutt.

"Tell me kids, you ever heard of the Vijaro?" Nef enquired, mentioning the name so openly could pose a risk, but who would believe two kids? More so with enigmas, uttering that name could get them caught.

@Kirika @Galileo
Nef glanced between the two, evidently the plan was to run from him, not that it mattered much. Now he could recognise their scents they could not evade him forever, it would only be a matter of time before he found either of them again. "How cute, standing up for your little girlfriend." He teased, his voice rising into a raspy laugh. With a swift shift, his fingers changed into deadly black claws which gleamed in the patchy sunlight. "We can do this the nice way, but don't expect that if you run from me." The man smiled, flexing his clawed fingers to make the point clear.

He crouched down slightly, more with the intent of providing a strong position to launch himself from, but it also could come over less aggressive. "I have no intentions of killing you mind, my employer would have my head if I did." Nef remarked, while the Vijaro wouldn't kill him over the incident the consequences would be worse than death for him. It took him long enough to win their trust, with his slightly less than favourable personality. They had however seen his use in tracking people down, he had more use than a normal human and more response than a dog. After all, Nef could speak, unlike some hairy mutt.

"Tell me kids, you ever heard of the Vijaro?" Nef enquired, mentioning the name so openly could pose a risk, but who would believe two kids? More so with enigmas, uttering that name could get them caught.

@Kirika @Galileo
Locket now cowered further, growling melting into almost silent whining as she shifted to press herself further against the rock now that this stranger had released his claws. The little wolf listened as he spoke of not killing them, but it seemed he was entirely open to hurting them if it came down to it. But now, her thoughts swirled within her small head, trying to comfort herself. If she ran far enough and fast enough, he would never catch her.

Or so she thought.

Biding her time just a little longer, the little enigma shuddered at the man's next words. Yes, she has heard of the Vijaro. The whispering rumors from back when some enigma traveled in small groups once out of the facility. The young girl had found herself amongst a few whom wished to seek out these people. But even so, Locket knew very little next to their name and supposed goal. A goal she honestly was very wary of supporting. That Sylvern facility was her life, it was all Locket knew since the day she was born.

Finally, the wolf's muscles tensed, crouching down as she made her choice to run, gaze shifting to the opening she had decides on. Considering, she couldn't exactly go backwards, for the boulder was in her way and it would be slower, she was limited to just the path before her, just in front of the other wolf enigma. Sure it was a long shot, but if she poured enough effort into it, she could get by with enough speed.

Then Locket broke for it, scrambling towards her chosen exit. If she were to succeed in making it past the reptilian enigma, she would continue running until her paws ached with the fatigue.

@Kirika @Sakurawr
Locket now cowered further, growling melting into almost silent whining as she shifted to press herself further against the rock now that this stranger had released his claws. The little wolf listened as he spoke of not killing them, but it seemed he was entirely open to hurting them if it came down to it. But now, her thoughts swirled within her small head, trying to comfort herself. If she ran far enough and fast enough, he would never catch her.

Or so she thought.

Biding her time just a little longer, the little enigma shuddered at the man's next words. Yes, she has heard of the Vijaro. The whispering rumors from back when some enigma traveled in small groups once out of the facility. The young girl had found herself amongst a few whom wished to seek out these people. But even so, Locket knew very little next to their name and supposed goal. A goal she honestly was very wary of supporting. That Sylvern facility was her life, it was all Locket knew since the day she was born.

Finally, the wolf's muscles tensed, crouching down as she made her choice to run, gaze shifting to the opening she had decides on. Considering, she couldn't exactly go backwards, for the boulder was in her way and it would be slower, she was limited to just the path before her, just in front of the other wolf enigma. Sure it was a long shot, but if she poured enough effort into it, she could get by with enough speed.

Then Locket broke for it, scrambling towards her chosen exit. If she were to succeed in making it past the reptilian enigma, she would continue running until her paws ached with the fatigue.

@Kirika @Sakurawr
Triple Ripple Raffle

Triple gold Ripple coatls + other great prizes!
((holy hot dogs, I work for two days, come back and you guys are 2 pages into it! xD I love it! Okies for the lodge folks, its now the next day. This post is going to be a bit short on purpose cause I want to let you guys flush out what you want to do. =)
@sakurawr @mudd @phoenixgirl513 @wolfkitten I think that's everyone...))

The next morning was clear and slightly warmer than the day before. Senju had found a brace of birds and together with Kyle had caught enough to feed them for the next few days. Along with the rabbits Alicia usually caught and the rabbits Ariel snared, it was a relief to know they wouldn't have to worry about hunting for a few days.

Ariel sat in the great room slowly enjoying a hot cup of fresh coffee. Her and Flare had gone to town and had stocked the lodge with plenty of supplies and, most likely to Alicia's relief, plenty of first aid supplies. Ariel had talked over her concerns with Alicia before they'd gone to the store and Ariel felt better having gotten it out of the way. She didn't like tension between others.

Curtis wandered in from the kitchen and ambled over and was quite cuddly and friendly... until he realized Ariel didn't have any food. Grumbling, he shuffled out the front door to go hunting. Senju had wandered in long enough to grab some coffee as well and was sprawled in an over sized chair drinking his coffee and reading a newspaper he'd swiped from who knows where.

Savoring her cup, Ariel leaned back into the couch and mentally debated what to do as she heard the other Enigmas shuffling around upstairs. No doubt they would join her and Senju in the great room pretty soon. Ariel had left a pot of coffee on for Flare and Alicia if they cared for any once they came downstairs.
((holy hot dogs, I work for two days, come back and you guys are 2 pages into it! xD I love it! Okies for the lodge folks, its now the next day. This post is going to be a bit short on purpose cause I want to let you guys flush out what you want to do. =)
@sakurawr @mudd @phoenixgirl513 @wolfkitten I think that's everyone...))

The next morning was clear and slightly warmer than the day before. Senju had found a brace of birds and together with Kyle had caught enough to feed them for the next few days. Along with the rabbits Alicia usually caught and the rabbits Ariel snared, it was a relief to know they wouldn't have to worry about hunting for a few days.

Ariel sat in the great room slowly enjoying a hot cup of fresh coffee. Her and Flare had gone to town and had stocked the lodge with plenty of supplies and, most likely to Alicia's relief, plenty of first aid supplies. Ariel had talked over her concerns with Alicia before they'd gone to the store and Ariel felt better having gotten it out of the way. She didn't like tension between others.

Curtis wandered in from the kitchen and ambled over and was quite cuddly and friendly... until he realized Ariel didn't have any food. Grumbling, he shuffled out the front door to go hunting. Senju had wandered in long enough to grab some coffee as well and was sprawled in an over sized chair drinking his coffee and reading a newspaper he'd swiped from who knows where.

Savoring her cup, Ariel leaned back into the couch and mentally debated what to do as she heard the other Enigmas shuffling around upstairs. No doubt they would join her and Senju in the great room pretty soon. Ariel had left a pot of coffee on for Flare and Alicia if they cared for any once they came downstairs.
@Ashkii

Alicia woke with a start at a wayward shaft of sunlight pouring in through the window of her little attic nest. She blinked a few times and puffed her feathers. Had she really slept through the night? How odd, she must have worked herself up more than she thought she had. She spread her wings and preened the feathers for a few minutes before fluttering over to the window sill. She jumped out and glided down, not even needing to flap to glide through an open window in the main room. She landed on the antlers of the moose head on the wall, glancing around. She said nothing to Ariel, still being a bit sour from the day before. She felt better now, but she wasn't quite ready to be all chummy again yet.

Upon seeing Senju with a newspaper, she immediately dropped off the moose head and glided over to land on the back of the arm chair, leaning over to look at the paper. "Whatcha got there? A newspaper?" she laughed, tilting her head and gripping the chair tighter with her talons, lest she lose her balance. "Where'd you swipe this from? Lemme see!" She jumped onto his head, wobbling as she tried to gain balance without hurting him. She loved when he dragged these things home, since Ariel and Flare didn't often let her go into town and see what was happening. They could all have switched to horse and carriages by now, she knew no better.
@Ashkii

Alicia woke with a start at a wayward shaft of sunlight pouring in through the window of her little attic nest. She blinked a few times and puffed her feathers. Had she really slept through the night? How odd, she must have worked herself up more than she thought she had. She spread her wings and preened the feathers for a few minutes before fluttering over to the window sill. She jumped out and glided down, not even needing to flap to glide through an open window in the main room. She landed on the antlers of the moose head on the wall, glancing around. She said nothing to Ariel, still being a bit sour from the day before. She felt better now, but she wasn't quite ready to be all chummy again yet.

Upon seeing Senju with a newspaper, she immediately dropped off the moose head and glided over to land on the back of the arm chair, leaning over to look at the paper. "Whatcha got there? A newspaper?" she laughed, tilting her head and gripping the chair tighter with her talons, lest she lose her balance. "Where'd you swipe this from? Lemme see!" She jumped onto his head, wobbling as she tried to gain balance without hurting him. She loved when he dragged these things home, since Ariel and Flare didn't often let her go into town and see what was happening. They could all have switched to horse and carriages by now, she knew no better.
pyrrha_zpsd3b32623.giffire_banner.png
Kyren walked around the woods, enjoying the fresh air that surrounded him. He had felt a little claustrophobic in the lodge, having not been used to spending the nights inside. It reminded him of the days in the facilities and those were some memories he'd rather forget. He listened to the birds sing happily in the morning hours and sighed blissfully. This was the life.

The large man started to make his way back to the lodge with a relaxed look on his face. He didn't need to get there very quickly, he could take his time. He looked around the woods, trying to get a better feel of the area. He didn't want to get lost anytime soon, that would definitely be bad. He could see the outline of the lodge soon and made his way inside.

Kyren saw Alicia and tried to avoid her as he went off to find Ariel. He didn't want any angry owls coming at him this morning. He did peek at the newspaper, but he couldn't understand the scribbles on the page, in other words, Kyren was illiterate. He never learned how to read or write while he was with the Sylvern. He wouldn't tell anyone though, he was too embarrassed to do anything of that nature.

@Ashkii @PhoenixGirl513
Kyren walked around the woods, enjoying the fresh air that surrounded him. He had felt a little claustrophobic in the lodge, having not been used to spending the nights inside. It reminded him of the days in the facilities and those were some memories he'd rather forget. He listened to the birds sing happily in the morning hours and sighed blissfully. This was the life.

The large man started to make his way back to the lodge with a relaxed look on his face. He didn't need to get there very quickly, he could take his time. He looked around the woods, trying to get a better feel of the area. He didn't want to get lost anytime soon, that would definitely be bad. He could see the outline of the lodge soon and made his way inside.

Kyren saw Alicia and tried to avoid her as he went off to find Ariel. He didn't want any angry owls coming at him this morning. He did peek at the newspaper, but he couldn't understand the scribbles on the page, in other words, Kyren was illiterate. He never learned how to read or write while he was with the Sylvern. He wouldn't tell anyone though, he was too embarrassed to do anything of that nature.

@Ashkii @PhoenixGirl513
Gizmo listened as the reptilian explained he wasn't to hurt them but as he showed his claws gizmo could feel a slight warning in his bones as if to run and to run far. He looked over to the little brown wolf and watched as she push herself farther against the rock. As his emotions and thoughts swirled with in his mind he forced him self too look away towards the exit he had planned out. His whole body tensed as the man before him motioned the Vijaro.

When Gizmo escaped the facility he found him self with a small group of people who all wanted to join the Vijaro but he wasn't so fond of there goals and abandon the group to travel by him self. All Gizmo ever wanted was to be free of it all, but the facility was all he knew and still he considered it his home. Gizmo had always found himself wavering as if some part of him wanted to join but right now he was free and he loved traveling around and seeing the world.

He looked to the girl and saw her gaze shift to a path that Gizmo had been deciding on using. He wanted to just run and hope his efforts allowed him to get away. Not being able to use his enigma only made the escape harder since was slower in this form. He knew all he had to do was keep up with the little wolf enigma and hope she knew her way to a safe place. Gizmo found himself getting into a ready position as his whole body tensed. Now all he had to do was wait for the small girl to chose her escape path and run since he decided to follow her.

@Galileo @Sakurawr
Gizmo listened as the reptilian explained he wasn't to hurt them but as he showed his claws gizmo could feel a slight warning in his bones as if to run and to run far. He looked over to the little brown wolf and watched as she push herself farther against the rock. As his emotions and thoughts swirled with in his mind he forced him self too look away towards the exit he had planned out. His whole body tensed as the man before him motioned the Vijaro.

When Gizmo escaped the facility he found him self with a small group of people who all wanted to join the Vijaro but he wasn't so fond of there goals and abandon the group to travel by him self. All Gizmo ever wanted was to be free of it all, but the facility was all he knew and still he considered it his home. Gizmo had always found himself wavering as if some part of him wanted to join but right now he was free and he loved traveling around and seeing the world.

He looked to the girl and saw her gaze shift to a path that Gizmo had been deciding on using. He wanted to just run and hope his efforts allowed him to get away. Not being able to use his enigma only made the escape harder since was slower in this form. He knew all he had to do was keep up with the little wolf enigma and hope she knew her way to a safe place. Gizmo found himself getting into a ready position as his whole body tensed. Now all he had to do was wait for the small girl to chose her escape path and run since he decided to follow her.

@Galileo @Sakurawr
Flare groggily walked down the stairs and into the main room, her skin was starting to feel rather dry after all the activity yesterday. First priority would have to be some form of shower or a bath, failing that even a dip in the lake would suffice. For now however, she needed a pick-me-up, so when she spotted the prepared coffee pot it was a great relief. Grabbing a spare cup and the handle of the pot, she poured herself a cup, nearly spilling some of it over her hand in the process. She had noticed the others sat around the couches as she had walked past, it would be the correct thing to join them, even if she wasn't going to be the most vocal at the moment.

Sitting down near to Ariel, Flare took sips of the coffee, enjoying the aroma of the drink. The heat of the coffee was something she was never a fan of, but cold coffee always tasted bad to her. Glancing up she noticed Senju had a newspaper and that Alicia was pestering him to see what it detailed, sometimes no news was good news, but it also helped to have some idea what was going on in the outside world. "Anything of interest?" She enquired generally, in case one of the others had any news to share as well. Slightly more awake now, she peered down at herself. Her clothes were scruffily put on, quite the large contrast from her usually smarter look. She'd need to fix that at some point, before anyone opted to tease her over it.

@Ashkii @PhoenixGirl513 @Mudd
Flare groggily walked down the stairs and into the main room, her skin was starting to feel rather dry after all the activity yesterday. First priority would have to be some form of shower or a bath, failing that even a dip in the lake would suffice. For now however, she needed a pick-me-up, so when she spotted the prepared coffee pot it was a great relief. Grabbing a spare cup and the handle of the pot, she poured herself a cup, nearly spilling some of it over her hand in the process. She had noticed the others sat around the couches as she had walked past, it would be the correct thing to join them, even if she wasn't going to be the most vocal at the moment.

Sitting down near to Ariel, Flare took sips of the coffee, enjoying the aroma of the drink. The heat of the coffee was something she was never a fan of, but cold coffee always tasted bad to her. Glancing up she noticed Senju had a newspaper and that Alicia was pestering him to see what it detailed, sometimes no news was good news, but it also helped to have some idea what was going on in the outside world. "Anything of interest?" She enquired generally, in case one of the others had any news to share as well. Slightly more awake now, she peered down at herself. Her clothes were scruffily put on, quite the large contrast from her usually smarter look. She'd need to fix that at some point, before anyone opted to tease her over it.

@Ashkii @PhoenixGirl513 @Mudd
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12