Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Millionaire Walk [Daily Free Treasure]
This is such a cool thing for you to do! I’d love to enter!
This is such a cool thing for you to do! I’d love to enter!
UJXttDL.png
bug | they/them
[center]@pinglist-17547 [b]Saturday, 6th April[/b][/center] Throwing Up Into The Abyss was relegated to my junk mail folder this month, which was kind of funny given I'm using it as a marker for my whimsy posts haha. The theme of this month's issue was supporting local live music. I do love a good gig, but the selection in my city is a little limited and I'm discovering it's incredibly hard to enjoy mediocre music sober (6 months). Anyway, I do try to catch my favourite artists on the rare occasion they come to town. I'll leave a couple recs at the bottom of the post. [center][b]Three months of Millionaire Walk[/b][/center] It's probably no secret that the past month of this giveaway has been a struggle for me. Almost half of March's winners had gone inactive, and there was other admin chaos on top of that. I came close to giving up on the giveaway a couple of times, but if there's anything I'm good at in life it's slogging on and just getting on with it, usually complaining every second of the way. Lol. I remade my spreadsheet this week to make admin easier for me and things have been much smoother sailing since then. The new inactivity rules should also help a bunch too. Fingers crossed we've ironed out all the creases in the process: who would've thought this apparently simple concept would be so complicated! I don't have any new stats for this month, but let's take an updated look at numbers rolled - happily the segments are starting to even out; the 100s segment has gone from 184% the size of the 00s to 146%. The 200s and 00s are identical now; all indicating the 00s are being rolled more, making up for the unusually low incidence in the first two months of the year. [img]https://pokefarm.com/upload/:nRh/chart_3.png[/img] [center][b]Can you handle the heat?[/b][/center] I've been working on a new skin recently, borne from a sketched love letter to the food of the fire flight. Included are grilled molten goby, speckled fire lillies, and potash peach, but I had to forgo firefly flakes & fire flower due to the canvas getting too cramped. I wanted to customise it to my [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/87007000]chef[/url], so I topped it all off with a sign for his tacky diner, the Flaming Mantis. Our glorious April Fools' emblem was perfect! Here's a wip showing Theo with the skin (lines and shadows not applied properly yet). [img]https://pokefarm.com/upload/:nRh/can_you_handle_the_heat_wip.png[/img] I'm unsure whether it's perfect for him, and I don't think I'll release it as is (I feel like it's missing something), but it's been fun to make and I'm sure I can at least make use of its elements in the future. The individual food items were particularly lovingly crafted and I will definitely find some way to incorporate those into a skin <3 [center][b]Personal[/b][/center] Today is my birthday. I don't typically enjoy my birthday as it wasn't celebrated growing up, and I'll get five messages on the day if I'm lucky (definitely haven't hit that quota this year). It serves mostly as a reminder of how bad I am at making friends haha. I'm within sniffing distance of my thirties now, growing unfortunately more bored with each passing year. It's giving Old Youth Feeling by Bugs (a banger). Who knows though, maybe next year will be the year I finally climb out of the rut of adult life (and psyche) and wend my way back to the thrill of being alive. It seems unlikely, but stranger things have happened. [center][b]Parting music recommendations[/b][/center] And that's it for another month - if you've made it this far, congrats on wading through it all! As promised, some music recommendations for my favourite live acts, in the spirit of AL: [LIST] [*] [b]Eliza and the Delusionals[/b] - a class live act, I try to see Eliza every time they're in town (including last night!) They have a new album coming out in July, which I'm excited for. A good one for fans of early 00s music. Try the songs: YOU, Nothing Yet, Make it feel like the garden. [*] [b]Gretta Ray[/b] - I've been a huge fan since she won unearthed high in 2016. Gretta takes the gold for singer I've seen live the most times! She's a bit like the taylor swift of australia (in terms of style & vibe, anyway). Try the songs: Roses, Drive, The Cure. [*] [b]Aleksiah[/b] - now this is getting [i]really[/i] obscure, but I love a good indie rock girlie as much as the next person. There's two degrees of separation between me and her actually, which is fairly typical for my city (it's essentially just a big country town). Try the songs: Fern, Ant Song. [/LIST]
@Millionaire Walk - Whimsy

Saturday, 6th April

Throwing Up Into The Abyss was relegated to my junk mail folder this month, which was kind of funny given I'm using it as a marker for my whimsy posts haha.
The theme of this month's issue was supporting local live music. I do love a good gig, but the selection in my city is a little limited and I'm discovering it's incredibly hard to enjoy mediocre music sober (6 months). Anyway, I do try to catch my favourite artists on the rare occasion they come to town. I'll leave a couple recs at the bottom of the post.

Three months of Millionaire Walk

It's probably no secret that the past month of this giveaway has been a struggle for me. Almost half of March's winners had gone inactive, and there was other admin chaos on top of that. I came close to giving up on the giveaway a couple of times, but if there's anything I'm good at in life it's slogging on and just getting on with it, usually complaining every second of the way. Lol.
I remade my spreadsheet this week to make admin easier for me and things have been much smoother sailing since then. The new inactivity rules should also help a bunch too. Fingers crossed we've ironed out all the creases in the process: who would've thought this apparently simple concept would be so complicated!

I don't have any new stats for this month, but let's take an updated look at numbers rolled - happily the segments are starting to even out; the 100s segment has gone from 184% the size of the 00s to 146%. The 200s and 00s are identical now; all indicating the 00s are being rolled more, making up for the unusually low incidence in the first two months of the year.

chart_3.png

Can you handle the heat?

I've been working on a new skin recently, borne from a sketched love letter to the food of the fire flight. Included are grilled molten goby, speckled fire lillies, and potash peach, but I had to forgo firefly flakes & fire flower due to the canvas getting too cramped.
I wanted to customise it to my chef, so I topped it all off with a sign for his tacky diner, the Flaming Mantis. Our glorious April Fools' emblem was perfect! Here's a wip showing Theo with the skin (lines and shadows not applied properly yet).
can_you_handle_the_heat_wip.png
I'm unsure whether it's perfect for him, and I don't think I'll release it as is (I feel like it's missing something), but it's been fun to make and I'm sure I can at least make use of its elements in the future. The individual food items were particularly lovingly crafted and I will definitely find some way to incorporate those into a skin <3

Personal

Today is my birthday. I don't typically enjoy my birthday as it wasn't celebrated growing up, and I'll get five messages on the day if I'm lucky (definitely haven't hit that quota this year). It serves mostly as a reminder of how bad I am at making friends haha.
I'm within sniffing distance of my thirties now, growing unfortunately more bored with each passing year. It's giving Old Youth Feeling by Bugs (a banger). Who knows though, maybe next year will be the year I finally climb out of the rut of adult life (and psyche) and wend my way back to the thrill of being alive. It seems unlikely, but stranger things have happened.

Parting music recommendations

And that's it for another month - if you've made it this far, congrats on wading through it all! As promised, some music recommendations for my favourite live acts, in the spirit of AL:
  • Eliza and the Delusionals - a class live act, I try to see Eliza every time they're in town (including last night!) They have a new album coming out in July, which I'm excited for. A good one for fans of early 00s music. Try the songs: YOU, Nothing Yet, Make it feel like the garden.
  • Gretta Ray - I've been a huge fan since she won unearthed high in 2016. Gretta takes the gold for singer I've seen live the most times! She's a bit like the taylor swift of australia (in terms of style & vibe, anyway). Try the songs: Roses, Drive, The Cure.
  • Aleksiah - now this is getting really obscure, but I love a good indie rock girlie as much as the next person. There's two degrees of separation between me and her actually, which is fairly typical for my city (it's essentially just a big country town). Try the songs: Fern, Ant Song.
dEo6ta2.png
When I saw that pepper from Marva I laughed so suddenly I spat out my tea
ovaJ1TV.png
[center][b]6th April[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2817534][img]https://i.imgur.com/rLCtrMA.png[/img][/url] Today’s winner is... [size=5]#89: @Hazelmint[/size] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2817534][img]https://i.imgur.com/rLCtrMA.png[/img][/url] Congratulations, you have 24 hours to accept your prize! @pinglist-17544
6th April

rLCtrMA.png

Today’s winner is...

#89: @Hazelmint

rLCtrMA.png

Congratulations, you have 24 hours to accept your prize!

@Millionaire Walk - Spectators
dEo6ta2.png
I'd like to enter, please! :)
I'd like to enter, please! :)
fae/faer
FR+17
[quote name="Self" date="2024-04-06 04:25:23" ] When I saw that pepper from Marva I laughed so suddenly I spat out my tea [/quote] Haha, glad you enjoyed :)
Self wrote on 2024-04-06 04:25:23:

Haha, glad you enjoyed :)
dEo6ta2.png
Happy birthday!
Happy birthday!
WE EXIST. WE ARE OUTCAST. WE ROT.UwlzUwS.png
0d45356f19837fb05cec4453e18ee122300553d4.gif29b800cf24f6ec12304b325bec9529ccd9bb6b53.gif
Happy birthday!
Happy birthday!
demiro.png
s-t-gq.png
ace.png
chronic-ill.png
by-moisotis-of-verbena.png
Happy birthday!! :D
Happy birthday!! :D
IMG-7661.png

You can call me Ene or Een!
I’m subbed to all threads I make, but please ping me in external threads!

IMG-8367.png
Happy birthday!!!! :D I’d also love to enter
Happy birthday!!!! :D I’d also love to enter
you’re telling me this shrimp fried this rice???