Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Star Station (Bounty Hunt)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 30 31
[center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/32305.png[/img][/center] Star charts, updated, and the crew is back in action! And... they've received an aquatic mission, Isolda's absolute favorite. She was never the strongest Maren, nor the fiercest, though her toxins and sharp tongue tried to cover the gap in strength. The open ocean is a dangerous place, leaving her completely exposed. Old instincts and lessons jump back into her mind with the softest nudge, and they are vivid as daybreak again. [i]Always feel for movement in the water.[/i] Comes her mentor's voice. [i]The fewer angles you have exposed, the better. Reefs are good. Caves are better. And always, always remember-[/i] For a moment, as Isolda breaches the surface, she is unstuck in time. She is her child self and yet not, all at once. She swims the waters of the alien planet. She breathes in the salty water of Sornieth. [i]Never, [b]never[/b] seek the surface. No death is more certain. You'll suffocate in minutes, dry out in hours, starve in days... but that does not even touch upon the true danger.[/i] [i]Young Isolda, in the great beyond, [b]hic sunt dracones.[/b][/i] Isolda breathes the word's translation, and they feel heavy on her tongue. It is the phrase used to warn of the unknown, of the uncharted waters. They drew them on their maps at the borders of the world, to say, [i]this is where the reality we know ceases to be. Go no further.[/i] "Hic sunt dracones." She says again, her voice soft as she looks up at the alien sky. "Here be dragons." [rule] She weaves her way through the caves and tunnels. Her muscles ache. She hasn't swam this far in so long. Have her muscles atrophied, on board the Interceptor? It's a disturbing thought, one she doesn't want to acknowledge. Keen eyes search for her prey. The spear in her hands is heavier than the ones she was trained in as a youth, weighted with technology she never once even dreamed of. (Perhaps most importantly, an emergency teleporter, if she runs into danger. There is [i]always[/i] danger, in the ocean.) The ocean is her home. The ocean is her mother. The ocean would have been her tomb, if she let it. Here's how the story ends: Isolda grins and laughs with her family, the crew of the Interceptor. Her technology is painstakingly waterproofed. Few aquatic beings ever reach for the stars, so for the most part, Juliana had to figure out how to modify their rugged old ship to hold water. For the comfort of her first mate, she floods half of their ship, despite the danger it could have posed if they'd miscalculated anything. And... Isolda has never loved, nor been loved, so truly before. But here's how it begins: A Maren stares out of a tank at the blue Imperial, skeptical and wild-eyed. The stranger may have taken Isolda on board her ship, given her the wings to fly from the cruel world of Sornieth, but she does not trust her intentions. She ingests her custom toxins, just in case. If the captain plans to eat her, then at the very least, she'll die with Isolda. Her final revenge. [i]Here be dragons.[/i] A warning to never venture into the unknown. To never trust the dragons that almost drove them to extinction, a millennium ago. To stay in the depths, never the shallows, to never breach the surface. To never see the stars. She was a foolish, curious child. She disobeyed, and beached herself. The stars were infinite. The moon looked upon her like an eye, judging her foolishness. The air was thin. And then, when all her hopes were exhausted, on wings like nebula and looking upon her with eyes like lightning... an Imperial appeared before the helpless Maren. Despite all her threats, her spitting curses, her hurled spear of bone embedded in the Imperial's snout - Juliana picked her up gently, tolerating her thrashing claws and razor teeth, putting the terrified Maren back in the ocean. It didn't make sense. Dragons were their ancestral enemies. Dragons killed them. Dragons [i]hunted[/i] them. So why, why, why- Why, indeed. And foolish young Isolda could never let a question go unanswered. She sought that strange dragon again, pried her secrets from her with her sharp tongue and sharper mind. She was cruel, then, showing no care or caution, only a desperate desire to peel the layers of the world back and make it make sense again. That did not happen. Instead, a turn that Isolda never could have predicted: Juliana showed her the Imperial's deepest, most cherished secret. She showed Isolda the Interceptor, and offered to take her with her into the stars. [rule] Going spear to claw with a dragon like this reminds her of all her childhood fears. The five-eyed creature wails and spits, two heads with teeth meant to grip and tear, ragged wings and pointed scales. It is everything she feared from her youth, every childhood nightmare, all her worst fears in the flesh. Isolda dances through the waves. Unevolved for the resistance of the water, her target is sluggish, and Isolda was meant for this. Perhaps this criminal can breath underwater, but it is no true child of the sea. Isolda cuts through the water like a knife. She hasn't fought, [i]truly[/i] fought, in ages. She hasn't needed to, ever since Juliana offered to let Isolda join her crew. Her fighting skills are rusty. But when you are born onto the losing side of an endless battle, some things are embedded within you. The lessons carved into her marrow cannot rust. With a flick of her spear, they come back into sharp focus. They call these dragons an Aberation. Once upon a time, it was the creature of all her worst nightmares, the reason to never venture into the true unknown. But Isolda faced the unknown, when she drove headfirst into starlight. She is no longer scared of dragons.
32305.png

Star charts, updated, and the crew is back in action! And... they've received an aquatic mission, Isolda's absolute favorite. She was never the strongest Maren, nor the fiercest, though her toxins and sharp tongue tried to cover the gap in strength. The open ocean is a dangerous place, leaving her completely exposed. Old instincts and lessons jump back into her mind with the softest nudge, and they are vivid as daybreak again.

Always feel for movement in the water. Comes her mentor's voice. The fewer angles you have exposed, the better. Reefs are good. Caves are better. And always, always remember- For a moment, as Isolda breaches the surface, she is unstuck in time. She is her child self and yet not, all at once. She swims the waters of the alien planet. She breathes in the salty water of Sornieth.

Never, never seek the surface. No death is more certain. You'll suffocate in minutes, dry out in hours, starve in days... but that does not even touch upon the true danger.

Young Isolda, in the great beyond, hic sunt dracones.

Isolda breathes the word's translation, and they feel heavy on her tongue. It is the phrase used to warn of the unknown, of the uncharted waters. They drew them on their maps at the borders of the world, to say, this is where the reality we know ceases to be. Go no further. "Hic sunt dracones." She says again, her voice soft as she looks up at the alien sky.

"Here be dragons."

She weaves her way through the caves and tunnels. Her muscles ache. She hasn't swam this far in so long. Have her muscles atrophied, on board the Interceptor? It's a disturbing thought, one she doesn't want to acknowledge. Keen eyes search for her prey. The spear in her hands is heavier than the ones she was trained in as a youth, weighted with technology she never once even dreamed of.

(Perhaps most importantly, an emergency teleporter, if she runs into danger. There is always danger, in the ocean.)

The ocean is her home. The ocean is her mother.

The ocean would have been her tomb, if she let it.

Here's how the story ends: Isolda grins and laughs with her family, the crew of the Interceptor. Her technology is painstakingly waterproofed. Few aquatic beings ever reach for the stars, so for the most part, Juliana had to figure out how to modify their rugged old ship to hold water. For the comfort of her first mate, she floods half of their ship, despite the danger it could have posed if they'd miscalculated anything.

And... Isolda has never loved, nor been loved, so truly before.

But here's how it begins: A Maren stares out of a tank at the blue Imperial, skeptical and wild-eyed. The stranger may have taken Isolda on board her ship, given her the wings to fly from the cruel world of Sornieth, but she does not trust her intentions. She ingests her custom toxins, just in case. If the captain plans to eat her, then at the very least, she'll die with Isolda. Her final revenge.

Here be dragons. A warning to never venture into the unknown. To never trust the dragons that almost drove them to extinction, a millennium ago. To stay in the depths, never the shallows, to never breach the surface. To never see the stars.

She was a foolish, curious child. She disobeyed, and beached herself. The stars were infinite. The moon looked upon her like an eye, judging her foolishness. The air was thin. And then, when all her hopes were exhausted, on wings like nebula and looking upon her with eyes like lightning... an Imperial appeared before the helpless Maren.

Despite all her threats, her spitting curses, her hurled spear of bone embedded in the Imperial's snout - Juliana picked her up gently, tolerating her thrashing claws and razor teeth, putting the terrified Maren back in the ocean.

It didn't make sense. Dragons were their ancestral enemies. Dragons killed them. Dragons hunted them. So why, why, why-

Why, indeed. And foolish young Isolda could never let a question go unanswered. She sought that strange dragon again, pried her secrets from her with her sharp tongue and sharper mind. She was cruel, then, showing no care or caution, only a desperate desire to peel the layers of the world back and make it make sense again.

That did not happen. Instead, a turn that Isolda never could have predicted:

Juliana showed her the Imperial's deepest, most cherished secret.

She showed Isolda the Interceptor, and offered to take her with her into the stars.

Going spear to claw with a dragon like this reminds her of all her childhood fears. The five-eyed creature wails and spits, two heads with teeth meant to grip and tear, ragged wings and pointed scales. It is everything she feared from her youth, every childhood nightmare, all her worst fears in the flesh.

Isolda dances through the waves. Unevolved for the resistance of the water, her target is sluggish, and Isolda was meant for this. Perhaps this criminal can breath underwater, but it is no true child of the sea. Isolda cuts through the water like a knife. She hasn't fought, truly fought, in ages. She hasn't needed to, ever since Juliana offered to let Isolda join her crew.

Her fighting skills are rusty. But when you are born onto the losing side of an endless battle, some things are embedded within you. The lessons carved into her marrow cannot rust. With a flick of her spear, they come back into sharp focus.

They call these dragons an Aberation. Once upon a time, it was the creature of all her worst nightmares, the reason to never venture into the true unknown.

But Isolda faced the unknown, when she drove headfirst into starlight.

She is no longer scared of dragons.
2db8adadca3ef8633cbd21fe5b445b5d349eabdb.png
[center]Theia was very excited when she first saw the quest item. "Oh yeah! I could finally put the fetch target from our orevious quest to good use!" she thought. [item=Highland Scavenger] She went back and rummaged through her hoard, only to discover that the item protects against heat, sand and lightning, not wind :( "Alas, looks like we'll have to brave through the wind with ordinary items my little friend," she said to the little gem guardian. Theia and her little companion braved through the strong winds, and thank goodness the item was not too difficult to locate. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/57376375][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/573764/57376375_350.png[/img][/url] "I'm back!" Theia placed the manual on the desk for inspection. "Ohhh i desperately need a facial and spa! Look at how dry my skin is, and my lips are chipped!!" Theia said in horror, while scrolling through her communication device to look up the phone number of her favourite spa to make a reservation.[/center] Edit: Theia forgot to get her next quest number so I'll do it for her! :P We'd like fetch quest no. [s]222[/s] 91 next please!
Theia was very excited when she first saw the quest item.
"Oh yeah! I could finally put the fetch target from our orevious quest to good use!" she thought.
Highland Scavenger
She went back and rummaged through her hoard, only to discover that the item protects against heat, sand and lightning, not wind :(

"Alas, looks like we'll have to brave through the wind with ordinary items my little friend," she said to the little gem guardian.

Theia and her little companion braved through the strong winds, and thank goodness the item was not too difficult to locate.

57376375_350.png

"I'm back!" Theia placed the manual on the desk for inspection.

"Ohhh i desperately need a facial and spa! Look at how dry my skin is, and my lips are chipped!!" Theia said in horror, while scrolling through her communication device to look up the phone number of her favourite spa to make a reservation.

Edit: Theia forgot to get her next quest number so I'll do it for her! :P We'd like fetch quest no. 222 91 next please!
A6xgY8h.png

4vI5oMm.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/82390519][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/823906/82390519_350.png[/img][/url]/center] [center]"hello once more! glad to see the station up and running once more, could we start things off with 222 fetch quest?[/center]
82390519_350.png/center]
"hello once more! glad to see the station up and running once more, could we start things off with 222 fetch quest?
PlHzF2d.pngCabasas.png
@Raon222 [i]waves[/i] We decided to increase the cooldown from two rollovers to three, to make sure the station is sustainable in the long term in terms of the effort on ourselves, give people some more time to write, and not burn through our prizes too quickly! I'm really sorry about the inconvenience - but we can deliver your next bounty tomorrow, so I hope we see you then. c: [rule] @GhostDogBones [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/35650231][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/356503/35650231p.png[/img][/url] [b]"Of course."[/b] Solaire nods, content. [b]"It's good to have you with us. Don't worry, I'll sweep up any ashes before Ria sees."[/b] He answers almost playfully, though he's stoic enough that it's hard to fully tell. [b]"Best of luck."[/b] [quote][b]S3-W2-N222[/b] [item=Tertiary Gene: Firefly (Veilspun)] "For space is wide, and good friends are too few." This contract is a Fetch Quest. You have been assigned the task of locating and retrieving an item of XXX origin. By accepting this contract, you agree to abide by Interstellar Plundering Law. Any action you take outside said law will be your sole responsibility, and neither U&P Enterprises nor The Star Station are liable.[/quote]
@Raon222

waves

We decided to increase the cooldown from two rollovers to three, to make sure the station is sustainable in the long term in terms of the effort on ourselves, give people some more time to write, and not burn through our prizes too quickly! I'm really sorry about the inconvenience - but we can deliver your next bounty tomorrow, so I hope we see you then. c:

@GhostDogBones
35650231p.png

"Of course." Solaire nods, content. "It's good to have you with us. Don't worry, I'll sweep up any ashes before Ria sees." He answers almost playfully, though he's stoic enough that it's hard to fully tell. "Best of luck."
Quote:
S3-W2-N222

"For space is wide, and good friends are too few."

This contract is a Fetch Quest. You have been assigned the task of locating and retrieving an item of XXX origin. By accepting this contract, you agree to abide by Interstellar Plundering Law. Any action you take outside said law will be your sole responsibility, and neither U&P Enterprises nor The Star Station are liable.
@Venusian heya! No worries at all, sorry i didnt realize :)
Thank you! I'll be back tomorrow :) Will I have to choose a new number since it has been taken?
@Venusian heya! No worries at all, sorry i didnt realize :)
Thank you! I'll be back tomorrow :) Will I have to choose a new number since it has been taken?
A6xgY8h.png

4vI5oMm.png
@Raon222

No worries! I know we've made a couple changes, I appreciate everyone bearing with us!

We have multiple copies of that particular bounty stocked - so, up to your discretion if you'd like to reroll or not. c:
@Raon222

No worries! I know we've made a couple changes, I appreciate everyone bearing with us!

We have multiple copies of that particular bounty stocked - so, up to your discretion if you'd like to reroll or not. c:
@Venusian
Oh! i see i see. In that case, lemme reroll :P
Hmmmmm let's go with fetch quest 91 next!
Thank you!
@Venusian
Oh! i see i see. In that case, lemme reroll :P
Hmmmmm let's go with fetch quest 91 next!
Thank you!
A6xgY8h.png

4vI5oMm.png
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/81777274][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/817773/81777274_350.png[/img][/url] Cantraloupe returned, injuries patched and ready to head out once again, taking a number from the bounty board and going up to the desk. "Fetch Quest #69 please." She said simply, without flair or extravagance; she was a dragon to get a job done as efficiently as possible.
81777274_350.png

Cantraloupe returned, injuries patched and ready to head out once again, taking a number from the bounty board and going up to the desk.

"Fetch Quest #69 please." She said simply, without flair or extravagance; she was a dragon to get a job done as efficiently as possible.
Give a like if you think they're cool--->86520977.png93331792.png84977690.png
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/77598782][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/775988/77598782_350.png[/img][/url] [emoji=gloom tile size=1] "stealing?" [emoji=glimmer tile size=1] "stealing!" a sinister smile greets anyone who dares to look at basant when they received the fetch quest. in their opinion, the best way to combat thievery was to steal it right back and so that's what they did. after tossing over a whole bunch of dragons as they would do rocks, basant found a dragon with the spellwrought halo that they all too willingly handed over. now that they look back on it, that's a little strange if they were a thief to just hand it over. both heads look at each other one last time before shrugging in unison. not their problem! they got the bounty and that's what matters [emoji=glimmer tile size=1] "easy peasy! give us something harder! i hope fetch quest 4's a goodie!"
77598782_350.png

"stealing?"

"stealing!"

a sinister smile greets anyone who dares to look at basant when they received the fetch quest. in their opinion, the best way to combat thievery was to steal it right back

and so that's what they did. after tossing over a whole bunch of dragons as they would do rocks, basant found a dragon with the spellwrought halo that they all too willingly handed over. now that they look back on it, that's a little strange if they were a thief to just hand it over.

both heads look at each other one last time before shrugging in unison. not their problem! they got the bounty and that's what matters

"easy peasy! give us something harder! i hope fetch quest 4's a goodie!"
h0iLGiu.pngvmAjegI.png
PNjzOJi.png
[center] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/71931740][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/719318/71931740_350.png[/img][/url] "Agent Lychnis, reporting in for duty!" A wing clumsily flaps over to salute the workers before beady eyes dart around the station to see if anything has changed. Aside from her ever-growing pride, of course. The little coatl excitedly jumps in place before spitting out a number. "Fetch Quest #169!"
71931740_350.png

"Agent Lychnis, reporting in for duty!"

A wing clumsily flaps over to salute the workers before beady eyes dart around the station to see if anything has changed. Aside from her ever-growing pride, of course. The little coatl excitedly jumps in place before spitting out a number.

"Fetch Quest #169!"
HOkeSql.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 30 31