Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | [Closed]Necro-tober creative event!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/58295095][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/582951/58295095_350.png[/img][/url] [size=4][b]DAY 1: TRIALS[/b][/size] He was thrashing, underwater. Nocturnes were not strong swimmers even if they were borne into Water, and he couldn’t breathe. He dare not breathe less he drown. There was… a pull. Dare he say, a whisper. A call. It became overlapping shouting. [i]Come to us, come to us. We will help you. We have already helped you. Swim deeper, little one. The Tidelord is no longer here. It is safe within the dark; the deepest of depths hold safety for you. Come to us… [b]Come here.[/b][/i] Kazimir awoke with a start, his wings flaring protectively as if to chase away the frightening noises he heard in his sleep. [i]Ah… That’s right. The Trials.[/i] At first, the Nocturne had thought the shouting had been his Lord, the Plaguebringer. Although… it hadn’t been. He’d found something. Something that’d been long-dormant, long-hiding. Most dragons had to try to find it, but it appeared he had stumbled upon it, and now it had latched upon him. [b]The Shade.[/b] It [i]had[/i], indeed, helped him. It had almost immediately cured him of the plague his Lord had wrought him with, but decimated his blessings. His scars were already turning black… he would be very lucky indeed to find someone to allow him to infect them. [size=4][b]DAY 2: INFECTION[/b][/size] It was an already very sickly-looking Fae that he was able to infect. Luckily for Kazimir, she was blind - but she seemed to know there was something off about him. Her monotonous voice irked him more and more as they continued to talk, which seemed to be a side effect of accepting the Shade. While in the middle of driving the infection into her veins, he snapped at her. “Can’t you speak normally for once?” His voice was an angry snarl, rippling with thinly veiled malice. He sounded like he wanted to attack her. She flinched, shocked - and visibly afraid. It wasn’t like she could pull away during this process, and he really [i]could[/i] kill her if he got too upset. He’d seemed nice, if not strange, up until now. What happened? What did she do wrong? “I’m sorry. What did I do wrong?” Despite Kazimir’s tone, the Fae couldn’t help her natural voice being monotonous. It was simply the way she was, and her question was without a lilt. With a surge of anger, the infection he was feeding into her flared. Normally, the third step of a trial was done with other dragons around. However, because the Nocturne was Shade-touched and the Fae was blind, they were both outcasts, alone. No one was around to stop him as the fever made it hard for her to breathe. Pustules started to form on the inside of her throat before bursting, quickly drowning her while her blood boiled and started to kill her brain. She was dead in less than five minutes. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/56424902][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/564250/56424902_350.png[/img][/url] [size=4][b]DAY 3: SYMBOLS[/b][/size] [i]She looked at the unwieldy [/i]thing[i] in front of her, confused. “What am I supposed to do with this? Drag it around?” It was a giant cleaver. She was young - too small to carry it properly, but old enough to decide to leave her clan. Narcissa sneezed, reflexively wiping at her snout despite there being no spittle. “It is to protect you.” The words came from her elder, her brother. They weren’t littermates - he was simply visiting to see her off before her Trials. “It was Dad’s before me, and now it’s yours. It saved me a few good times.” He chuckled, seeming to remember something humorous, but it was lost on her. “Yeah, okay, but you’re huge, and I’m not.” “This cleaver is fashioned for Mirrors; you will grow into it.”[/i] And she did. As soon as she’d been recognized as a Wraith, she’d been scorned or shown unneeded pity, and she would cut down those who decided to eradicate her simply for being who she was. Her family… would always protect her. Blood is thicker than the Plaguebringer’s cauldron water.
58295095_350.png

DAY 1: TRIALS

He was thrashing, underwater. Nocturnes were not strong swimmers even if they were borne into Water, and he couldn’t breathe. He dare not breathe less he drown.

There was… a pull. Dare he say, a whisper. A call. It became overlapping shouting. Come to us, come to us. We will help you. We have already helped you. Swim deeper, little one. The Tidelord is no longer here. It is safe within the dark; the deepest of depths hold safety for you. Come to us… Come here.

Kazimir awoke with a start, his wings flaring protectively as if to chase away the frightening noises he heard in his sleep. Ah… That’s right. The Trials.

At first, the Nocturne had thought the shouting had been his Lord, the Plaguebringer. Although… it hadn’t been. He’d found something. Something that’d been long-dormant, long-hiding. Most dragons had to try to find it, but it appeared he had stumbled upon it, and now it had latched upon him.

The Shade.

It had, indeed, helped him. It had almost immediately cured him of the plague his Lord had wrought him with, but decimated his blessings. His scars were already turning black… he would be very lucky indeed to find someone to allow him to infect them.

DAY 2: INFECTION

It was an already very sickly-looking Fae that he was able to infect. Luckily for Kazimir, she was blind - but she seemed to know there was something off about him. Her monotonous voice irked him more and more as they continued to talk, which seemed to be a side effect of accepting the Shade.

While in the middle of driving the infection into her veins, he snapped at her. “Can’t you speak normally for once?” His voice was an angry snarl, rippling with thinly veiled malice. He sounded like he wanted to attack her.

She flinched, shocked - and visibly afraid. It wasn’t like she could pull away during this process, and he really could kill her if he got too upset. He’d seemed nice, if not strange, up until now. What happened? What did she do wrong? “I’m sorry. What did I do wrong?”

Despite Kazimir’s tone, the Fae couldn’t help her natural voice being monotonous. It was simply the way she was, and her question was without a lilt. With a surge of anger, the infection he was feeding into her flared.

Normally, the third step of a trial was done with other dragons around. However, because the Nocturne was Shade-touched and the Fae was blind, they were both outcasts, alone. No one was around to stop him as the fever made it hard for her to breathe. Pustules started to form on the inside of her throat before bursting, quickly drowning her while her blood boiled and started to kill her brain.

She was dead in less than five minutes.

56424902_350.png

DAY 3: SYMBOLS

She looked at the unwieldy thing in front of her, confused. “What am I supposed to do with this? Drag it around?”

It was a giant cleaver. She was young - too small to carry it properly, but old enough to decide to leave her clan. Narcissa sneezed, reflexively wiping at her snout despite there being no spittle.

“It is to protect you.” The words came from her elder, her brother. They weren’t littermates - he was simply visiting to see her off before her Trials. “It was Dad’s before me, and now it’s yours. It saved me a few good times.” He chuckled, seeming to remember something humorous, but it was lost on her.

“Yeah, okay, but you’re huge, and I’m not.”

“This cleaver is fashioned for Mirrors; you will grow into it.”

And she did. As soon as she’d been recognized as a Wraith, she’d been scorned or shown unneeded pity, and she would cut down those who decided to eradicate her simply for being who she was. Her family… would always protect her. Blood is thicker than the Plaguebringer’s cauldron water.
USA | +3 FR TIME | ARKIN | IT/ITS | MALE | tumblr_inline_p3ylozTxWL1tc3swm_540.png

Such corruption leaked into my sea!
In my confusion, she broke through the fence.
O; she was patient and sat on my line!
A turning of tide... Was she the prey or the hunter?

SALES TAB | WISHLIST
tumblr_inline_nbax555ssE1qg78ij.png
necrobutton.png
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/56746658][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/567467/56746658_350.png[/img][/url] [size=4][b]DAY 4: DOUBTS[/b][/size] Being the charge of two young Fae meant… having doubts. Having doubts about how to raise them, having doubts about how to feed them, what to teach them. Nicolo didn’t even know if it would be wise to send them to Trials, and he was terrified that they would end up Ghouls, like him. Being a Ghoul was the scariest thing that had ever happened to him. He thought he was going to die - and he [i]could have[/i]. If he ended up killing his charges, he wouldn’t know what he would do with himself. Twenty-four days. He would be without his charges for twenty-four days. As a Guardian, he didn’t know if he could handle that. He even considered changing his own breed so that the nagging, worrying feeling would go away… but then again, these were essentially his pups; he’d raised them from eggs. Wouldn’t he still feel the same way? Wouldn’t he still feel worried and scared? This was going to be a long, [i]long[/i] twenty-four days.
56746658_350.png

DAY 4: DOUBTS

Being the charge of two young Fae meant… having doubts. Having doubts about how to raise them, having doubts about how to feed them, what to teach them.

Nicolo didn’t even know if it would be wise to send them to Trials, and he was terrified that they would end up Ghouls, like him. Being a Ghoul was the scariest thing that had ever happened to him. He thought he was going to die - and he could have. If he ended up killing his charges, he wouldn’t know what he would do with himself.

Twenty-four days. He would be without his charges for twenty-four days. As a Guardian, he didn’t know if he could handle that. He even considered changing his own breed so that the nagging, worrying feeling would go away… but then again, these were essentially his pups; he’d raised them from eggs. Wouldn’t he still feel the same way? Wouldn’t he still feel worried and scared?

This was going to be a long, long twenty-four days.
USA | +3 FR TIME | ARKIN | IT/ITS | MALE | tumblr_inline_p3ylozTxWL1tc3swm_540.png

Such corruption leaked into my sea!
In my confusion, she broke through the fence.
O; she was patient and sat on my line!
A turning of tide... Was she the prey or the hunter?

SALES TAB | WISHLIST
tumblr_inline_nbax555ssE1qg78ij.png
necrobutton.png
Day 1: Trial

”But can I drink the soup?”

Scavenger fixed his look towards his daughter, who had both her hands clasped around her bowl of bread. Inside, the green soup steamed mildly, having just been poured into the bowl.

”Yes? Just blow on the surface if it is too hot.”

”I meant the real Wyrmhound soup! Can I drink it? Mother said it’s full of germs and viruses and creepy crawlies, so why not use it to pass the first trial?” after asking her question, the young skydancer did as her father instructed and gently blew air at the surface of her soup, so as to not spill it over the rim of the bowl. Scavenger suppressed the cringe that her question brought forth, she was young and so could not possibly fully comprehend the importance that Plaguebringer’s Trials held.

”The Wyrmhound is not soup, and under no circumstances should you attempt to drink from it.” he took his own bowl of soup which had been left to sit and cool off, while he took his time to talk about what she needed to know when it was her time to leave home. He sipped the green liquid which had cooled down to a pleasently warm temperature. ”You should take care not to choose a spot too close to the Wyrmhound, certainly not close enough to drink from it”. A small smile creeped through the calm disposition as he thought of what to say next. ”Which means that above all, when the time comes, do not follow your mother’s example when it comes to facing the Trials.”

”But can I drink the soup?”

Scavenger fixed his look towards his daughter, who had both her hands clasped around her bowl of bread. Inside, the green soup steamed mildly, having just been poured into the bowl.

”Yes? Just blow on the surface if it is too hot.”

”I meant the real Wyrmhound soup! Can I drink it? Mother said it’s full of germs and viruses and creepy crawlies, so why not use it to pass the first trial?” after asking her question, the young skydancer did as her father instructed and gently blew air at the surface of her soup, so as to not spill it over the rim of the bowl. Scavenger suppressed the cringe that her question brought forth, she was young and so could not possibly fully comprehend the importance that Plaguebringer’s Trials held.

”The Wyrmhound is not soup, and under no circumstances should you attempt to drink from it.” he took his own bowl of soup which had been left to sit and cool off, while he took his time to talk about what she needed to know when it was her time to leave home. He sipped the green liquid which had cooled down to a pleasently warm temperature. ”You should take care not to choose a spot too close to the Wyrmhound, certainly not close enough to drink from it”. A small smile creeped through the calm disposition as he thought of what to say next. ”Which means that above all, when the time comes, do not follow your mother’s example when it comes to facing the Trials.”
[b]Day 4: Doubts[/b] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/421554060236292098/762434985939828786/OrphneShade.png[/img] Orphne very much doubting she is making a good choice as she becomes a lich.
Day 4: Doubts

OrphneShade.png

Orphne very much doubting she is making a good choice as she becomes a lich.
5fDHL9N.pnge6AfuRh.png kBHm00y.png
T0lT2WO.png
[size=4][b]Day 1 - Trials[/b][/size] Merga has heard many opinions on which of the Necromantic trials was the most difficult. [b]The Trial of Infection[/b] – because it is the first one. And whether you pass it or not does not necessarily depend on your abilities or talents. You either have it in you or you don’t. You either are worthy or you’re not. Some very devoted dragons have failed this trial, and some dragons that no one would suspect of being worthy, have passed it. It takes courage to attempt it, and sometimes courage and trust in the Plaguebringer’s will comes less easily than passing a trial with your hard work. [b]The Trial of Survival[/b] – because failing it bears the worst consequences. You have to overcome immense pain, you have to prove that you can control the plague spreading in your body and cast it out. You might be able to infect, but healing is a whole different thing. And if you cannot pass this trial, you become your own nightmare – a Ghoul. They say this trials requires both talent, and focus. You need to be strong. But once you have passed it, it only gets easier. Provided that you have the Mother’s blessing that is. [b]The Trial of Contagion[/b] – because it takes the most talent. Not letting the plague eat you alive is one thing, but having full control over it is a whole new level. Besides, it carries the most weight – few dragons attempt the trials hoping to become a Servus, but almost all of them want to become a full-fledged Necromancer. Some say that if you don’t pass the third trial, then you might have as well not attempted them at all. For Merga, too much attention is given to the trials. Because even though they teach you how to maximize your chances, they rarely tell you what to do after the trials are over. Especially when you fail. When you become a Ghoul. Suddenly, you’re an outcast, left to figure everything out on your own. Actually, if she were to decide which trial is the most difficult, she’d probably say that it’s neutralization. Because no one can prepare you for it. Many Necromantic scholars tried to break down the Three Trials, but only a few specialized Necromancers will attempt to heal a Ghoul, and very often it is more of an experiment than anything else. Merga was lucky to come across a Necromancer who helped her. Now she wants to help other Ghouls prepare for what can be the most important trial of their lives. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/59636270][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/596363/59636270_350.png[/img][/url][/center] ----- [size=4][b]Day 2 - Infection[/b][/size] It’s funny how an infection can be a blessing. As a hatchling, Netsu dreaded becoming a Necromancer. But he had no choice, he had to attempt the trials in order to be allowed to stay in his new clan. So when he failed them, it was like his world collapsed. He was lucky that Shike managed to find a way for him to stay. Secluded, he was given the task of patrolling one of the clan’s borders. He gets food and shelter, and in exchange he serves as a repellent for unwanted guests. It’s a better life than most Ghouls get to have. For most, the plague that keeps eating them from the inside, that infection that will never end, is a curse. But not for Netsu. He’s realized a long time ago that his state is more of a blessing. He looks down on Necromancers who think they’re somehow better and more worthy. They think they deserve respect, because they survived and passed the trials. But his trial will never end and he will live through it every day with honor and pride. Others fear him, because he can’t control the spread of his plague. But the truth is, they fear him for he is the true image of the Plaguebringer and Her uncontrollable force. He is the image of Her power – She gave him that infection that is killing him every day and that turns into dust everything around him. And yet, he is Her most devoted servant. He can spread Her plague and glory like no Necromancer. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/41054111][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/410542/41054111_350.png[/img][/url] ----- [left][size=4][b]Day 3 - Symbols[b][/size] [columns][center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/59636270][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/596363/59636270.png[/img][/url] [center]MERGA[/center] [nextcol][center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/43228279][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/432283/43228279.png[/img][/url] [center]ESCHERICHIA[/center] [nextcol][center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/40875809][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/408759/40875809.png[/img][/url] [center]ZINDIKER[/center] [/columns] [left][color=maroon]From the official lore: "[b]Lamps[/b] [...] A symbol of learning, openness, bravery, exploration, humility, evenhandedness, and wisdom. Necromancers bearing lamps often forgo the traditional role of noble advisor and are more often solitary. [b]Instead of worldly power they seek personal enlightenment, and to guide others along that path. Unlike their sigil-bearing counterparts who seek to spread Plague gospel through domination, these Necromancers are content with a more peaceful missionary role, or that of a solitary sage who leaves others to come to them.[/b] In a group that defines itself through its command and nobility, the humble, lamp-bearing Necromancer is a rare creature indeed.[/color]" [center]. . .[/center] [left]Escherichia approached Merga and put a compress on her wing. The Coatl's body was still covered in burns even after the neutralization, reminding her of her previous life. ‘It’ll take time for the wounds to fully heal, but this should help,’ said Escherichia. ‘I added something extra to relieve the pain.’ Merga didn’t really mind the pain, it was nothing compared to when she'd been a Ghoul. But she was grateful. A moment later, another dragon entered the room. A Servus. Merga knew she’d seen him before, but she couldn’t figure out who he was and what he wanted. ‘[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/42103136]Lepra[/url] is asking for you,’ he said to Escherichia. ‘Something to do with her travel to the Ashfall Waste.’ The Ridgeback sighed. ‘Next time tell her that [i]you’re[/i] her Servus, Zindiker, not me.’ So that was his name. ‘But fine. I’m done here anyway. Stay with Merga for a bit and make sure the compress doesn’t cause any irritation.’ As soon as Escherichia said it, she was gone. The Servus looked curiously at Merga. ‘She likes you,' he said. 'Are you planning to stay?’ ‘I’m not sure yet. It’s all still a bit confusing.’ ‘Understandably so. I heard you lost your familiar when you were a Ghoul. You infected it, didn’t you?’ Merga looked away. Her Kamaitachi had been her only friend. He’d refused to leave her side when she’d failed the trials and he’d paid the ultimate price. ‘I don’t want to talk about it,’ she replied quietly. ‘I’d rather forget about my past.’ ‘You can’t. And the sooner you realize it and move on, the better.’ She didn’t answer. Zindiker came closer to check on the compress. ‘You should pick a symbol,’ he said. ‘I know you’re a Ghoul... sorry, [i]Neutralized[/i] Ghoul, but symbols are important. They can help you decide who you want to be. For example I chose my hood, it’s a symbol of sacrifice and devotion.’ ‘I know all about the symbols, but I don’t know what I want to do yet.’ ‘Fair enough,’ said the Mirror. ‘The compress looks fine, you’re good to go. Soon enough, there will be no sign of these burns.’ He paused and looked in Merga’s eyes. ‘How do you feel? Are you glad that you got neutralized?’ ‘Of course,’ she replied, a little surprised. What an odd question. ‘Why are you asking?’ ‘My Ghoul friend, [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/41054111]Netsu[/url], refuses to be neutralized. He has this stupid idea that being a Ghoul is a blessing or something. Do you think you could convince him to reconsider?’ Merga smiled delicately. ‘I’ll be happy to try. He doesn’t know what he’s missing.’ ‘Thank you. I should go now, but I’ll take you to him when you’re recovered.’ Zindiker left and Merga noticed a small, dusty lantern in the corner of the room. Maybe it wasn’t such a bad idea to pick a symbol. At least for now, she can always change it, right? The same way she can always change her path and her destiny. She used to be a Ghoul, a failure and a disgrace. Now she can help others, be a beacon of hope. And tomorrow, who knows? The only thing that mattered is that her new life had just begun and she couldn’t wait to see where it takes her.
Day 1 - Trials

Merga has heard many opinions on which of the Necromantic trials was the most difficult.

The Trial of Infection – because it is the first one. And whether you pass it or not does not necessarily depend on your abilities or talents. You either have it in you or you don’t. You either are worthy or you’re not. Some very devoted dragons have failed this trial, and some dragons that no one would suspect of being worthy, have passed it. It takes courage to attempt it, and sometimes courage and trust in the Plaguebringer’s will comes less easily than passing a trial with your hard work.

The Trial of Survival – because failing it bears the worst consequences. You have to overcome immense pain, you have to prove that you can control the plague spreading in your body and cast it out. You might be able to infect, but healing is a whole different thing. And if you cannot pass this trial, you become your own nightmare – a Ghoul. They say this trials requires both talent, and focus. You need to be strong. But once you have passed it, it only gets easier. Provided that you have the Mother’s blessing that is.

The Trial of Contagion – because it takes the most talent. Not letting the plague eat you alive is one thing, but having full control over it is a whole new level. Besides, it carries the most weight – few dragons attempt the trials hoping to become a Servus, but almost all of them want to become a full-fledged Necromancer. Some say that if you don’t pass the third trial, then you might have as well not attempted them at all.

For Merga, too much attention is given to the trials. Because even though they teach you how to maximize your chances, they rarely tell you what to do after the trials are over. Especially when you fail. When you become a Ghoul. Suddenly, you’re an outcast, left to figure everything out on your own. Actually, if she were to decide which trial is the most difficult, she’d probably say that it’s neutralization. Because no one can prepare you for it. Many Necromantic scholars tried to break down the Three Trials, but only a few specialized Necromancers will attempt to heal a Ghoul, and very often it is more of an experiment than anything else. Merga was lucky to come across a Necromancer who helped her. Now she wants to help other Ghouls prepare for what can be the most important trial of their lives.
59636270_350.png

Day 2 - Infection

It’s funny how an infection can be a blessing.

As a hatchling, Netsu dreaded becoming a Necromancer. But he had no choice, he had to attempt the trials in order to be allowed to stay in his new clan. So when he failed them, it was like his world collapsed. He was lucky that Shike managed to find a way for him to stay. Secluded, he was given the task of patrolling one of the clan’s borders. He gets food and shelter, and in exchange he serves as a repellent for unwanted guests.

It’s a better life than most Ghouls get to have. For most, the plague that keeps eating them from the inside, that infection that will never end, is a curse. But not for Netsu. He’s realized a long time ago that his state is more of a blessing. He looks down on Necromancers who think they’re somehow better and more worthy. They think they deserve respect, because they survived and passed the trials. But his trial will never end and he will live through it every day with honor and pride. Others fear him, because he can’t control the spread of his plague. But the truth is, they fear him for he is the true image of the Plaguebringer and Her uncontrollable force. He is the image of Her power – She gave him that infection that is killing him every day and that turns into dust everything around him. And yet, he is Her most devoted servant. He can spread Her plague and glory like no Necromancer.
41054111_350.png

Day 3 - Symbols
59636270.png
MERGA
43228279.png
ESCHERICHIA
40875809.png
ZINDIKER
From the official lore:
"Lamps [...] A symbol of learning, openness, bravery, exploration, humility, evenhandedness, and wisdom. Necromancers bearing lamps often forgo the traditional role of noble advisor and are more often solitary. Instead of worldly power they seek personal enlightenment, and to guide others along that path. Unlike their sigil-bearing counterparts who seek to spread Plague gospel through domination, these Necromancers are content with a more peaceful missionary role, or that of a solitary sage who leaves others to come to them. In a group that defines itself through its command and nobility, the humble, lamp-bearing Necromancer is a rare creature indeed.
"
. . .
Escherichia approached Merga and put a compress on her wing. The Coatl's body was still covered in burns even after the neutralization, reminding her of her previous life.

‘It’ll take time for the wounds to fully heal, but this should help,’ said Escherichia. ‘I added something extra to relieve the pain.’

Merga didn’t really mind the pain, it was nothing compared to when she'd been a Ghoul. But she was grateful. A moment later, another dragon entered the room. A Servus. Merga knew she’d seen him before, but she couldn’t figure out who he was and what he wanted.

Lepra is asking for you,’ he said to Escherichia. ‘Something to do with her travel to the Ashfall Waste.’

The Ridgeback sighed. ‘Next time tell her that you’re her Servus, Zindiker, not me.’ So that was his name. ‘But fine. I’m done here anyway. Stay with Merga for a bit and make sure the compress doesn’t cause any irritation.’

As soon as Escherichia said it, she was gone. The Servus looked curiously at Merga.

‘She likes you,' he said. 'Are you planning to stay?’

‘I’m not sure yet. It’s all still a bit confusing.’

‘Understandably so. I heard you lost your familiar when you were a Ghoul. You infected it, didn’t you?’

Merga looked away. Her Kamaitachi had been her only friend. He’d refused to leave her side when she’d failed the trials and he’d paid the ultimate price.

‘I don’t want to talk about it,’ she replied quietly. ‘I’d rather forget about my past.’

‘You can’t. And the sooner you realize it and move on, the better.’

She didn’t answer. Zindiker came closer to check on the compress. ‘You should pick a symbol,’ he said. ‘I know you’re a Ghoul... sorry, Neutralized Ghoul, but symbols are important. They can help you decide who you want to be. For example I chose my hood, it’s a symbol of sacrifice and devotion.’

‘I know all about the symbols, but I don’t know what I want to do yet.’

‘Fair enough,’ said the Mirror. ‘The compress looks fine, you’re good to go. Soon enough, there will be no sign of these burns.’ He paused and looked in Merga’s eyes. ‘How do you feel? Are you glad that you got neutralized?’

‘Of course,’ she replied, a little surprised. What an odd question. ‘Why are you asking?’

‘My Ghoul friend, Netsu, refuses to be neutralized. He has this stupid idea that being a Ghoul is a blessing or something. Do you think you could convince him to reconsider?’

Merga smiled delicately. ‘I’ll be happy to try. He doesn’t know what he’s missing.’

‘Thank you. I should go now, but I’ll take you to him when you’re recovered.’

Zindiker left and Merga noticed a small, dusty lantern in the corner of the room. Maybe it wasn’t such a bad idea to pick a symbol. At least for now, she can always change it, right? The same way she can always change her path and her destiny. She used to be a Ghoul, a failure and a disgrace. Now she can help others, be a beacon of hope. And tomorrow, who knows? The only thing that mattered is that her new life had just begun and she couldn’t wait to see where it takes her.
[b]Day 5: Disheveled[/b] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/421554060236292098/762814577749524530/Disheveled.jpg[/img] (Still trying to find some new pen tools for CSP I like) Few things in my lair leave anyone feeling quite as disheveled as one very blind Rixis going through things to try and find something to make his mate Grisha happy. Ottavia always is a bit out of sorts when she catches him in the lab.
Day 5: Disheveled

Disheveled.jpg
(Still trying to find some new pen tools for CSP I like)
Few things in my lair leave anyone feeling quite as disheveled as one very blind Rixis going through things to try and find something to make his mate Grisha happy. Ottavia always is a bit out of sorts when she catches him in the lab.
T0lT2WO.png
Okay it's about time I started posting mine, I need to get caught up too, oops.
Malin, sitting at the edge of the Wyrmwound at the beginning of his Trials
Link to Image

Day 2: Infection
Swifthawk succumbed to the Plague quickly during her Trial of Infection
Link to image

Day 3: Symbols
The Birdskull mask, a common symbol for Shaman and deceivers.
Link to image
Okay it's about time I started posting mine, I need to get caught up too, oops.
Malin, sitting at the edge of the Wyrmwound at the beginning of his Trials
Link to Image

Day 2: Infection
Swifthawk succumbed to the Plague quickly during her Trial of Infection
Link to image

Day 3: Symbols
The Birdskull mask, a common symbol for Shaman and deceivers.
Link to image
Hemolich_badge_100px.png Aether_Small.png
Oh boy am I behind, guess it's time to do some catching up. [b][size=4]Day 1: Trial[/size][/b] When it comes to the Necromantic Trials, Wir would tell you that they are a breeze, especially the first trial. And she had kept that sentiment until recently. Why did she change her mind after believing that anyone who didn't pass the trials was weak? Well, it's because after being alone for such a long time, she finally settled down and had pups of her own. Having children brought things into perspective for her when it came time the Trials. When her first clutch came of age to begin their trials, Wir and her mate were excited for their children to experience the Trials that made them who they are today. Together Wir and Ukryty escorted their offspring to the spots they had picked ahead of time for their trials. On the twenty-fourth day, Wir waited excitedly for her children to return from their Trials triumphant just like she did. But that was not the reality she faced when her offspring returned. Out of the clutch of three, only two returned home that day. After that day, Wir trained her next children diligently to be ready for the Trails as much as a relatively new Necromancer could. But even that was not enough, Wir lost another pup to the Necromantic Trials. So if you asked Wir now, are the trials easy to complete. She would tell they are not. She would say, [I]"The easiest Trials are the ones you do yourself. Sending my children off to do their own with no guaranty that they will return has been the hardest trial of my life."[/i] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/42639620][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/426397/42639620_350.png[/img][/url]
Oh boy am I behind, guess it's time to do some catching up.

When it comes to the Necromantic Trials, Wir would tell you that they are a breeze, especially the first trial. And she had kept that sentiment until recently. Why did she change her mind after believing that anyone who didn't pass the trials was weak? Well, it's because after being alone for such a long time, she finally settled down and had pups of her own. Having children brought things into perspective for her when it came time the Trials.

When her first clutch came of age to begin their trials, Wir and her mate were excited for their children to experience the Trials that made them who they are today. Together Wir and Ukryty escorted their offspring to the spots they had picked ahead of time for their trials. On the twenty-fourth day, Wir waited excitedly for her children to return from their Trials triumphant just like she did. But that was not the reality she faced when her offspring returned. Out of the clutch of three, only two returned home that day.

After that day, Wir trained her next children diligently to be ready for the Trails as much as a relatively new Necromancer could. But even that was not enough, Wir lost another pup to the Necromantic Trials. So if you asked Wir now, are the trials easy to complete. She would tell they are not. She would say, "The easiest Trials are the ones you do yourself. Sending my children off to do their own with no guaranty that they will return has been the hardest trial of my life."
42639620_350.png
[b]Day 6: Blessed[/b] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/496187037150609409/763213221821022228/LockKeyBlessed.png[/img] Lock and Key will probably never say it aloud but they both think they were blessed finding each other and not helping each other in their trials. And that Key was good enough to cure Lock of his 'blessing' of becoming a ghoul and not dying.
Day 6: Blessed

LockKeyBlessed.png

Lock and Key will probably never say it aloud but they both think they were blessed finding each other and not helping each other in their trials. And that Key was good enough to cure Lock of his 'blessing' of becoming a ghoul and not dying.
T0lT2WO.png
[size=4][b]Day 4 - Doubts[/b][/size] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/56672475][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/566725/56672475_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [left]Hellebore looked around. The room was large and empty, with a hole in the ceiling, which was letting in sunlight. There were narrow windows with stained glass in the walls, reaching from the floor to the ceiling. The room was filled with colorful lights and dust. She had been here two weeks ago, soon after she had tried to kill [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/41054111]a Ghoul[/url] she’d noticed nearby. ‘It’s beautiful,’ she said. ‘The last time I was here, it was dark and cold, but now...’ ‘It’s a pain to clean though,’ laughed [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/40875809]Zindiker.[/url] ‘But ever since I became [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/42103136]Lepra’s[/url] Servus, I’ve always had an excuse not to clean it.’ Lepra was... something else. Hellebore wasn’t easily intimidated, but that Necromancer had something in her. She seemed calm and reserved, but her voice sounded almost [i]too calm[/i]. Like she knew everything about everyone, had everything figured out and there was nothing that could stand in her way. The last and only time she’d spoken with Hellebore was in this room when she’d forbidden her to touch the Ghoul. [i]Netsu[/i], she’d called him. She hadn’t appeared to care about him, but she had clearly cared that an unknown Wraith had tried to hurt him. ‘So. How do you like it here?’ asked Zindiker. He was the Ghoul’s friend and Hellebore couldn’t understand it. She couldn’t understand why Lepra would tolerate her Servus being friends with a Ghoul either. ‘Another interrogation? I’ve already told you, I won’t hurt your Ghoul friend.’ ‘That’s not what I meant. I actually want to know how you’re feeling.’ He sounded genuine, but Hellebore didn’t reply. For the past two weeks Zindiker had basically been her babysitter, making sure she wouldn’t cause trouble. They talked a lot, too. Or rather argued. For her entire life she’d had one task – become a Necromancer and help rid the world of Ghouls. But the world had apparently had different plans for her. She’d become a Wraith instead. ‘You know you don’t have to go back yet, too,’ said Zindiker. ‘I’m not going to turn my life around just because you said so,’ she growled at him. He’d been trying to convince her that she’d been wrong about the Ghouls. That [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/53745897]her father,[/url] her entire clan had been wrong and that the Ghouls should be allowed to live their disgraceful lives. The worst thing was, [i]he'd actually made sense.[/i] And Netsu had, too. Among dozens of Ghouls Hellebore had met, he was the only one that didn’t mind what was. He was actually [i]proud[/i] to be a Ghoul. [i]Pathetic.[/i] ‘Again, not what I meant.’ Hellebore sighed. She hated that a small part of her actually [i]liked[/i] it there. Others seemed friendly and they didn’t have to prove themselves with everything they did. ‘My clan will be worried if I don’t return soon,’ she said. A lie, she’d disappeared for much longer before. As long as she'd returned with a trophy, no one cared how long she’d been gone. ‘That’s fine,’ replied Zindiker. He sounded slightly disappointed. ‘But think about it.’ ‘I will.’ But will she? Her head had already been hurting the whole time she’d been there. She wasn’t sure what to do and she hated that feeling. She liked how simple her life had been. Hunt after hunt. No questions, no doubts. She knew that half of what she’d been fed by her clan had been lies and propaganda, but she didn’t mind. She [i]liked[/i] the simplicity. But Zindiker had put all these other ideas in her head and she knew she wouldn’t be able to just forget about them. Not this time. She turned around and left. Her muscles tensed like she was about to get in a fight. And she really wanted to get in one, she needed something to punch. Maybe this way she could get rid of all these doubts slowly crawling their way in her mind. ----- [size=4][b]Day 5 - Disheveled[/b][/size] An [s]very bad, but accurate[/s] depiction of Escherichia as she enters the [i]disheveled[/i] room destroyed by Celiac after one of his experiments. [s]don't judge me, I can't do digital art[/s] [s]doing this took me more time that I would like to admit[/s] [center][img]https://i.ibb.co/Nrj5XcV/eschi-2.png[/img][/center]
Day 4 - Doubts
56672475_350.png
Hellebore looked around. The room was large and empty, with a hole in the ceiling, which was letting in sunlight. There were narrow windows with stained glass in the walls, reaching from the floor to the ceiling. The room was filled with colorful lights and dust. She had been here two weeks ago, soon after she had tried to kill a Ghoul she’d noticed nearby.

‘It’s beautiful,’ she said. ‘The last time I was here, it was dark and cold, but now...’

‘It’s a pain to clean though,’ laughed Zindiker. ‘But ever since I became Lepra’s Servus, I’ve always had an excuse not to clean it.’

Lepra was... something else. Hellebore wasn’t easily intimidated, but that Necromancer had something in her. She seemed calm and reserved, but her voice sounded almost too calm. Like she knew everything about everyone, had everything figured out and there was nothing that could stand in her way. The last and only time she’d spoken with Hellebore was in this room when she’d forbidden her to touch the Ghoul. Netsu, she’d called him. She hadn’t appeared to care about him, but she had clearly cared that an unknown Wraith had tried to hurt him.

‘So. How do you like it here?’ asked Zindiker. He was the Ghoul’s friend and Hellebore couldn’t understand it. She couldn’t understand why Lepra would tolerate her Servus being friends with a Ghoul either.

‘Another interrogation? I’ve already told you, I won’t hurt your Ghoul friend.’

‘That’s not what I meant. I actually want to know how you’re feeling.’

He sounded genuine, but Hellebore didn’t reply. For the past two weeks Zindiker had basically been her babysitter, making sure she wouldn’t cause trouble. They talked a lot, too. Or rather argued. For her entire life she’d had one task – become a Necromancer and help rid the world of Ghouls. But the world had apparently had different plans for her. She’d become a Wraith instead.

‘You know you don’t have to go back yet, too,’ said Zindiker.

‘I’m not going to turn my life around just because you said so,’ she growled at him. He’d been trying to convince her that she’d been wrong about the Ghouls. That her father, her entire clan had been wrong and that the Ghouls should be allowed to live their disgraceful lives. The worst thing was, he'd actually made sense. And Netsu had, too. Among dozens of Ghouls Hellebore had met, he was the only one that didn’t mind what was. He was actually proud to be a Ghoul. Pathetic.

‘Again, not what I meant.’

Hellebore sighed. She hated that a small part of her actually liked it there. Others seemed friendly and they didn’t have to prove themselves with everything they did.

‘My clan will be worried if I don’t return soon,’ she said. A lie, she’d disappeared for much longer before. As long as she'd returned with a trophy, no one cared how long she’d been gone.

‘That’s fine,’ replied Zindiker. He sounded slightly disappointed. ‘But think about it.’

‘I will.’

But will she? Her head had already been hurting the whole time she’d been there. She wasn’t sure what to do and she hated that feeling. She liked how simple her life had been. Hunt after hunt. No questions, no doubts. She knew that half of what she’d been fed by her clan had been lies and propaganda, but she didn’t mind. She liked the simplicity. But Zindiker had put all these other ideas in her head and she knew she wouldn’t be able to just forget about them. Not this time.

She turned around and left. Her muscles tensed like she was about to get in a fight. And she really wanted to get in one, she needed something to punch. Maybe this way she could get rid of all these doubts slowly crawling their way in her mind.

Day 5 - Disheveled

An very bad, but accurate depiction of Escherichia as she enters the disheveled room destroyed by Celiac after one of his experiments.

don't judge me, I can't do digital art
doing this took me more time that I would like to admit
eschi-2.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9