Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Advent Calendar Raffle - DONE!
1 2 ... 76 77 78 79 80 ... 118 119
Just got the news that this is going to be my first Christmas ever without being with my family. I'm a bit devastated tbh. It wouldn't be so bad if I had anyone to celebrate with, but my husband both dislikes Christmas, and is working a 12 hour shift midnight to noon, then sleeping all day so he can go back to work at midnight again.

So I have a big sad. It's nice to know there are others who can't do their usual things. <3
Just got the news that this is going to be my first Christmas ever without being with my family. I'm a bit devastated tbh. It wouldn't be so bad if I had anyone to celebrate with, but my husband both dislikes Christmas, and is working a 12 hour shift midnight to noon, then sleeping all day so he can go back to work at midnight again.

So I have a big sad. It's nice to know there are others who can't do their usual things. <3
w8o0xW1.png springcleanrafflebutton.png iiILKcw.png
Opening present together.
Stockings.
A big meal.

My best friend and I get together after her birthday and do both our birthdays (December and November) and Christmas.
Opening present together.
Stockings.
A big meal.

My best friend and I get together after her birthday and do both our birthdays (December and November) and Christmas.
8oOETBT.png Z85Oomo.png Game!
Wishlist
bN7rFE2.png 50307145.png Star a
Dragon
N24Y7nO.png
My friends and I decided not to have our usual big old party on Xmas Eve. For the last 10 years we've gotten together in the afternoon, played games, watched old cheesy holiday movies, and a really great potluck dinner. Then the White Elephant Exchange! Hours of swiping gifts from each other and fighting over small, cheap trinkets. Everyone gets into it. That's really the only thing I do bc neither my parents nor my SO are into christmas.
My friends and I decided not to have our usual big old party on Xmas Eve. For the last 10 years we've gotten together in the afternoon, played games, watched old cheesy holiday movies, and a really great potluck dinner. Then the White Elephant Exchange! Hours of swiping gifts from each other and fighting over small, cheap trinkets. Everyone gets into it. That's really the only thing I do bc neither my parents nor my SO are into christmas.
Uc7ScUq.png JXXBglk.png
I celebrate Christmas and it typically consists of a small family gathering with some of my immediate relatives. Over time the gatherings have gradually become smaller and smaller and, this year, I'll just be celebrating the occasion with my dad. Nonetheless, we enjoy our time together and have always found a way to make the most of it as it truly is the thought that counts. <3
I celebrate Christmas and it typically consists of a small family gathering with some of my immediate relatives. Over time the gatherings have gradually become smaller and smaller and, this year, I'll just be celebrating the occasion with my dad. Nonetheless, we enjoy our time together and have always found a way to make the most of it as it truly is the thought that counts. <3
QZsv8ej.png
My family celebrates Christmas. We usually have a party Christmas eve, although not this year. We watch Christmas Vacation after and each open one present. We get up Christmas morning and whoever wakes up first opens their stocking and makes coffee. We wait to open presents until everyone's awake. Then we have my mom's breakfast casserole.
My family celebrates Christmas. We usually have a party Christmas eve, although not this year. We watch Christmas Vacation after and each open one present. We get up Christmas morning and whoever wakes up first opens their stocking and makes coffee. We wait to open presents until everyone's awake. Then we have my mom's breakfast casserole.
smol_zest.pngsmol_poppy.png
I'm a child of divorce so I spend Thanksgiving with my mom and Christmas with my dad one year and then flip the next year. I don't know what I'm doing this year. My dad is going to FL to visit my grandparents. But I don't want to travel with the surge going on. My mom doesn't want to leave her bubble. So no idea what this year will mean. Probably just TV and a microwave dinner.
I'm a child of divorce so I spend Thanksgiving with my mom and Christmas with my dad one year and then flip the next year. I don't know what I'm doing this year. My dad is going to FL to visit my grandparents. But I don't want to travel with the surge going on. My mom doesn't want to leave her bubble. So no idea what this year will mean. Probably just TV and a microwave dinner.
My family and I bake the night before and leave cookies for "Santa". We used to open gifts in the morning but my sib's kids wake us up SOO early that we just open them the night before. Then we wake up late, have a Christmas brunch and then lounge/hang for the rest of the day. For dinner we used to go to my grandparent's place but now my mom cooks Christmas dinner.
My family and I bake the night before and leave cookies for "Santa". We used to open gifts in the morning but my sib's kids wake us up SOO early that we just open them the night before. Then we wake up late, have a Christmas brunch and then lounge/hang for the rest of the day. For dinner we used to go to my grandparent's place but now my mom cooks Christmas dinner.
tumblr_mp448u5kWP1ryh09eo1_250.png
Usually have plans on when and what day we'll be at people's places to open up presents. Christmas Eve, we'll spend night at the person's place we'll be opening presents in the morning and with breakfast, then we'll head to other location for dinner and more presents. Really the only tradition we have.
Usually have plans on when and what day we'll be at people's places to open up presents. Christmas Eve, we'll spend night at the person's place we'll be opening presents in the morning and with breakfast, then we'll head to other location for dinner and more presents. Really the only tradition we have.
Star Wars marathon. We start with the prequels at 6pm. That is great for me because that means I can sleep in. Because the prequels are bad. Everything happens in front of the TV: exchanging gifts, breakfast, lunch, dinner, calling the relatives, etc. Living the American Dream!
Star Wars marathon. We start with the prequels at 6pm. That is great for me because that means I can sleep in. Because the prequels are bad. Everything happens in front of the TV: exchanging gifts, breakfast, lunch, dinner, calling the relatives, etc. Living the American Dream!
tumblr_o2vpc7gNFH1tyuk3oo1_500.png
We celebrate mostly with gluttony, haha...... No, but good food is pretty much the center, it's always been part of Christmas (& one of my favorite parts of it, even as a child because we often had deer or rabbit meat (which I don't know the English terms for if there are specific ones) which are some of my favorite foods, especially the latter)
And well, while a lot of things changed it's the one thing that stayed. 3 days minimum of great food.
Of course we also open gifts (24th), which I am usually the one to insist we do after eating (which I already did as a kid as well...)
Most times i visit my mom first & my dad later, which is the same this year. This year I'm just not staying very long.
We celebrate mostly with gluttony, haha...... No, but good food is pretty much the center, it's always been part of Christmas (& one of my favorite parts of it, even as a child because we often had deer or rabbit meat (which I don't know the English terms for if there are specific ones) which are some of my favorite foods, especially the latter)
And well, while a lot of things changed it's the one thing that stayed. 3 days minimum of great food.
Of course we also open gifts (24th), which I am usually the one to insist we do after eating (which I already did as a kid as well...)
Most times i visit my mom first & my dad later, which is the same this year. This year I'm just not staying very long.
  • FR+9
  • 29y/o
  • they/them
1 2 ... 76 77 78 79 80 ... 118 119