Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | [DONE] Dress My Dragon for 100kt
1 2 3 4 5 6
[center] [b]THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED. Thank you to everyone who participated![/b] Hello! My name is ScarletSultan. [b]Hi Scarlet! What's all this about?[/b] This is the son of a Spacedad that I absolutely can not create an outfit for. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33629181] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/336292/33629181_350.png[/img] [/url] I absolutely love him to death, but I've created a cashflow for myself lately and now he looks bare next to my other favorites that have long since had apparel plans created for them. The problem is, I simply [i]cannot[/i] seem to create an outfit for him I like. [b]How are you going to solve that problem?[/b] [i]Crowd-sourcing[/i]. That's where you come in! [b]But why would I help you?[/b] Good question! [u][b]I'm offering 100,000 treasure to the person who creates the best outfit for my dear Aerfilos, as chosen by me.[/b][/u] [b]So what do I have to do?[/b] It's simple! Take my dragon's ID number (33629181) into the handy dandy Dressing Room and create an outfit you think he looks good in! Then, once you've finished, post the finished look into this thread. That's it! I'll be looking through the thread every so often and reviewing your creations. Once I've found one I like, I will change the title of this thread to DONE and will award the 100kt to the fashionista who created the winning look. [b]How will I know if I (or someone else) won?[/b] If you've created the winning outfit for Aefilos, you'll receive a one-way crossroads from me containing your prize money. More than likely, I will also be extraordinarily excited and will ping you here to tell you how wonderful you are. If you're interested in seeing the winning outfit regardless of whether or not it's you, please let me know in your post. I'll keep a list for all those who have an interest. That's it! A few tips on my preferences can be found in the post below, along with other relevant details for outfit creation. Other than that, happy creating! [b]Pinglist for winner chosen:[/b] @/infiniteflame @/OnyxBat @/Sinjin @/HowlingHooves @/Xayxayx @/Kordulax @/Rosie1450 [/center]
THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED. Thank you to everyone who participated!

Hello! My name is ScarletSultan.

Hi Scarlet! What's all this about?

This is the son of a Spacedad that I absolutely can not create an outfit for.

33629181_350.png

I absolutely love him to death, but I've created a cashflow for myself lately and now he looks bare next to my other favorites that have long since had apparel plans created for them. The problem is, I simply cannot seem to create an outfit for him I like.

How are you going to solve that problem?

Crowd-sourcing. That's where you come in!

But why would I help you?

Good question! I'm offering 100,000 treasure to the person who creates the best outfit for my dear Aerfilos, as chosen by me.

So what do I have to do?

It's simple! Take my dragon's ID number (33629181) into the handy dandy Dressing Room and create an outfit you think he looks good in! Then, once you've finished, post the finished look into this thread. That's it! I'll be looking through the thread every so often and reviewing your creations. Once I've found one I like, I will change the title of this thread to DONE and will award the 100kt to the fashionista who created the winning look.

How will I know if I (or someone else) won?

If you've created the winning outfit for Aefilos, you'll receive a one-way crossroads from me containing your prize money. More than likely, I will also be extraordinarily excited and will ping you here to tell you how wonderful you are. If you're interested in seeing the winning outfit regardless of whether or not it's you, please let me know in your post. I'll keep a list for all those who have an interest.

That's it! A few tips on my preferences can be found in the post below, along with other relevant details for outfit creation. Other than that, happy creating!

Pinglist for winner chosen:
@/infiniteflame @/OnyxBat @/Sinjin @/HowlingHooves @/Xayxayx @/Kordulax
@/Rosie1450
tOvDFgM.png
Please note: These are just to help you get a general idea of things I know I like. Things that break these rules may be exactly what I'm looking for! Clearly, I am not capable of breaking my own boxes.

General Tips:

-I generally don't enjoy outfits that are excessively busy, but there are a few exceptions, so trust your gut.

-You will find that I don't like head-wear that covers the entire face of my dragon. For example, apparel such as leis, crowns, and jewels are absolutely fine and encouraged, but a frogs helmet will be immediately dismissed.

-Keep in mind that I have tried many different outfits for this dragon. If it too closely matches the styles you see in my lair (ie. silks/rose thorn apparel) I've probably already tried it. However, incorporating these into outfit designs would be totally fine! I simply have trouble with unique apparel combinations so I usually stick to sets.

-Accentuate his colors. I love his blues, and the shimmer that he gets from his gene/color combo. This doesn't mean stick to only blues, of course- but find something that really does that blue justice!

Budgeting:

-Anything goes.

-I don't have a budget for this outfit, so it matters very little to me if the outfit is incredibly expensive or incredibly cheap. As a general rule I'd prefer not to spend millions of treasure tracking down kickstarter exclusives, but hey- if that's what he needs, that's what he needs. Go nuts!

-You are not expected to in anyway pay for this project or provide apparel- if that wasn't immediately assumed, I want to clear it up here. All financial responsibilities are my own- I only need you to design it!

Apparel that I love in general:

-Rose thorn
-Flowers
-Silks
-The scale armor sets
-All kinds of feathery things I can never seem to make actually work on a dragon

You'll notice that many of these have in common a few traits:

A) They're a bit cliche. I'm not claiming to be the next be name in fashion- I'm actually the worst when it comes to outfit creativity.
B) They don't cover extensive parts of the dragon's body, and the genes are still visible.

As I have mentioned before, you can take these tips as you will. I may love an outfit that completely ignores all of my previous tastes- or I might hate it. Take risks! More likely than not, if it breaks at least one of my general rules/tips, it's more creative than I've gotten. Surprise me!
Please note: These are just to help you get a general idea of things I know I like. Things that break these rules may be exactly what I'm looking for! Clearly, I am not capable of breaking my own boxes.

General Tips:

-I generally don't enjoy outfits that are excessively busy, but there are a few exceptions, so trust your gut.

-You will find that I don't like head-wear that covers the entire face of my dragon. For example, apparel such as leis, crowns, and jewels are absolutely fine and encouraged, but a frogs helmet will be immediately dismissed.

-Keep in mind that I have tried many different outfits for this dragon. If it too closely matches the styles you see in my lair (ie. silks/rose thorn apparel) I've probably already tried it. However, incorporating these into outfit designs would be totally fine! I simply have trouble with unique apparel combinations so I usually stick to sets.

-Accentuate his colors. I love his blues, and the shimmer that he gets from his gene/color combo. This doesn't mean stick to only blues, of course- but find something that really does that blue justice!

Budgeting:

-Anything goes.

-I don't have a budget for this outfit, so it matters very little to me if the outfit is incredibly expensive or incredibly cheap. As a general rule I'd prefer not to spend millions of treasure tracking down kickstarter exclusives, but hey- if that's what he needs, that's what he needs. Go nuts!

-You are not expected to in anyway pay for this project or provide apparel- if that wasn't immediately assumed, I want to clear it up here. All financial responsibilities are my own- I only need you to design it!

Apparel that I love in general:

-Rose thorn
-Flowers
-Silks
-The scale armor sets
-All kinds of feathery things I can never seem to make actually work on a dragon

You'll notice that many of these have in common a few traits:

A) They're a bit cliche. I'm not claiming to be the next be name in fashion- I'm actually the worst when it comes to outfit creativity.
B) They don't cover extensive parts of the dragon's body, and the genes are still visible.

As I have mentioned before, you can take these tips as you will. I may love an outfit that completely ignores all of my previous tastes- or I might hate it. Take risks! More likely than not, if it breaks at least one of my general rules/tips, it's more creative than I've gotten. Surprise me!
tOvDFgM.png
General Q/A:

Q: Can I create more than one outfit?
A: Sure! The more the merrier.

Q: After I post an outfit, will you ping me to review?
A: Probably not. Don't take it personally- this doesn't mean I don't like it. I simply don't have the time to individually respond to each and every post, especially if it's only to say "no, sorry"

Q: Will how much my outfit will cost you effect whether or not I win the prize?
A: No. I'm willing to take on projects, and there is no budget. Cheap or expensive, I'm really just looking for a nice outfit for my dragon.

Q: Does it matter if my outfit idea looks like someone else's that has already been posted?
A: No, not really. However, if it's VERY similar and I haven't closed the thread yet, chances are it's not going to be my favorite thing. However, I might simply feel the other users outfit was missing something important and be unable to identify what that is. Use your best judgement! There's no harm in posting a duplicate, so long as it's still your own work.

Q: Will you pay me in gems instead of treasure?
A: Unfortunately not. At this time, I am saving all of my gems for a separate project and will only be offering treasure for this endeavor.

Q: Is there a set end date for this contest?
A: Not at this time! If you'd like to know when it HAS ended and see the end result, ask for a ping. A few people have posted some outfits I really love! The winner will be announced on May 20th in the evening (FR time). The thread and contest are still open to submissions until the thread title has been changed to "Done".

Q: Do I have to use any specific colors in the outfit?
A: No. Follow your dreams. Even if those dreams mean dressing him in red. Maybe that's what I need. Who knows?

Q: What if you don't like just one part of my outfit, but you love everything else? Will that disqualify me?
A: Nope! When I look through your outfit design, if I find that there are parts I dislike (but still love the rest) I will simply remove them when saving them to my dressing workshop. Additionally, if I use your piece as inspiration to create his outfit, you will still receive the 100kt, even if your submitted piece was a little different than what I chose as the end result.

*These are all the potential questions I can come up with at the moment. If more questions are asked, more answers will be added!*
General Q/A:

Q: Can I create more than one outfit?
A: Sure! The more the merrier.

Q: After I post an outfit, will you ping me to review?
A: Probably not. Don't take it personally- this doesn't mean I don't like it. I simply don't have the time to individually respond to each and every post, especially if it's only to say "no, sorry"

Q: Will how much my outfit will cost you effect whether or not I win the prize?
A: No. I'm willing to take on projects, and there is no budget. Cheap or expensive, I'm really just looking for a nice outfit for my dragon.

Q: Does it matter if my outfit idea looks like someone else's that has already been posted?
A: No, not really. However, if it's VERY similar and I haven't closed the thread yet, chances are it's not going to be my favorite thing. However, I might simply feel the other users outfit was missing something important and be unable to identify what that is. Use your best judgement! There's no harm in posting a duplicate, so long as it's still your own work.

Q: Will you pay me in gems instead of treasure?
A: Unfortunately not. At this time, I am saving all of my gems for a separate project and will only be offering treasure for this endeavor.

Q: Is there a set end date for this contest?
A: Not at this time! If you'd like to know when it HAS ended and see the end result, ask for a ping. A few people have posted some outfits I really love! The winner will be announced on May 20th in the evening (FR time). The thread and contest are still open to submissions until the thread title has been changed to "Done".

Q: Do I have to use any specific colors in the outfit?
A: No. Follow your dreams. Even if those dreams mean dressing him in red. Maybe that's what I need. Who knows?

Q: What if you don't like just one part of my outfit, but you love everything else? Will that disqualify me?
A: Nope! When I look through your outfit design, if I find that there are parts I dislike (but still love the rest) I will simply remove them when saving them to my dressing workshop. Additionally, if I use your piece as inspiration to create his outfit, you will still receive the 100kt, even if your submitted piece was a little different than what I chose as the end result.

*These are all the potential questions I can come up with at the moment. If more questions are asked, more answers will be added!*
tOvDFgM.png
DID SOMEONE SAY "SPACE"??? [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=33629181&skin=0&apparel=27204,30027,28813,30030,28814,30031,28819,331,28817,30035&xt=dressing.png[/img] [outfit=799139] Low contrast and a covered face here but ghastcrowns are so good! [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=33629181&skin=0&apparel=30054,25880,28775,26138,3627,3628,10879,30057,15743&xt=dressing.png[/img] [outfit=799252] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=33629181&skin=0&apparel=20860,15718,20862,20864,20859,6958,15710,1864,6949,10876&xt=dressing.png[/img] [outfit=799292] Might add more ^^
DID SOMEONE SAY "SPACE"???

dragon?did=33629181&skin=0&apparel=27204,30027,28813,30030,28814,30031,28819,331,28817,30035&xt=dressing.png
Not Found

Low contrast and a covered face here but ghastcrowns are so good!

dragon?did=33629181&skin=0&apparel=30054,25880,28775,26138,3627,3628,10879,30057,15743&xt=dressing.png
Not Found

dragon?did=33629181&skin=0&apparel=20860,15718,20862,20864,20859,6958,15710,1864,6949,10876&xt=dressing.png
Not Found

Might add more ^^
vckV4Hu.pngnbYcIeA.png
@periplans Go for it! This will probably be open for a while, I'm pretty open to everything. I'll be checking it occasionally to see what's been updated :)
@periplans Go for it! This will probably be open for a while, I'm pretty open to everything. I'll be checking it occasionally to see what's been updated :)
tOvDFgM.png
[img]http://[outfit=798953][/img]
[img]http://[/img]
Nature
http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=33629181&skin=0&apparel=29218,29245,29224,6979,29290,7684&xt=dressing.png

Don’t know if you’ll like it :) I used the spooky halo of whatever you call it, but of you want that arcane stuff you can use a spell wrought halo. They are kind pricy though, and I tried too use the halo that had the most similar colors too your dragon :)

@Scarletsultan
http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=33629181&skin=0&apparel=29218,29245,29224,6979,29290,7684&xt=dressing.png

Don’t know if you’ll like it :) I used the spooky halo of whatever you call it, but of you want that arcane stuff you can use a spell wrought halo. They are kind pricy though, and I tried too use the halo that had the most similar colors too your dragon :)

@Scarletsultan
JvUa9ma.png
P1rk5do.png
(Dragon likes)
5hF3FGk.png
Kirby-with-headphones.gif
JrZGMGx.png
YeJCScR.png
lsvYQnp.png
l3R7Ulc.png
vXF1FGt.png
dd3NYvJ.png
I dressed up your dragon and it looks amazing for a water type!!!

http://www1.flightrising.com/dressing/outfit/798972

I really hope you like it, it was soo fun to make!!!
I dressed up your dragon and it looks amazing for a water type!!!

http://www1.flightrising.com/dressing/outfit/798972

I really hope you like it, it was soo fun to make!!!
Made another sry can't stop myself lol!!

http://www1.flightrising.com/dressing/outfit/798991

looks NOICE!!
Made another sry can't stop myself lol!!

http://www1.flightrising.com/dressing/outfit/798991

looks NOICE!!
[img]https://i.imgur.com/5aN1v2j.jpg[/img] I tried :p Hope you like it!
5aN1v2j.jpg

I tried :p
Hope you like it!
1 2 3 4 5 6