Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Writer's Rescue: Lore Galore!
1 2 ... 681 682 683 684 685 ... 706 707
@Decaffeinated
Can I get a clarify? Do we write the entries now and then get picked or do we wait for who gets lotto picked and if we do, we do the writing then to get the lotto dragon?

Wanted to clarify bc I’ll be on my way on a weekend holiday with limited internet and wanted to know if I need to get my entry in ready (or when I’m at a network cafe) or if something else
@Decaffeinated
Can I get a clarify? Do we write the entries now and then get picked or do we wait for who gets lotto picked and if we do, we do the writing then to get the lotto dragon?

Wanted to clarify bc I’ll be on my way on a weekend holiday with limited internet and wanted to know if I need to get my entry in ready (or when I’m at a network cafe) or if something else
xN6nsb3.png
” we all have one foot in a fairytale
and the other in the abyss “

@Rowdy Held!

@suurin
@chisayo
@SassyTRex

Entered!

@Luciferr The latter. We wouldn't ask every participant to find the time to write 750+ words on a maybe ^-^'
@Rowdy Held!

@suurin
@chisayo
@SassyTRex

Entered!

@Luciferr The latter. We wouldn't ask every participant to find the time to write 750+ words on a maybe ^-^'
@Doodlefox Were you planning to add more to your piece? You've marked it as incomplete.

@MaybeHuman Aww, poor Sam. Sorry she got thrown out, but I'm happy to hear she's got a new lair!
@Doodlefox Were you planning to add more to your piece? You've marked it as incomplete.

@MaybeHuman Aww, poor Sam. Sorry she got thrown out, but I'm happy to hear she's got a new lair!
MKHInJR.png__gfCdYdH.gif7GFlGJN.pngE2bewfg.pngNk21WD8.pngdVEhpEt.pngpsOFjGK.pngXRLXA9U.pngNi33GGx.pngkFw6KP5.pngjtUkEZ1.pngtp1eAiM.png3JLBG44.pngLTXo08g.pngQAOWWhZ.pngfnhaNrg.png_
@Decaffeinated Is this permabab for writer rescue? I saw him in the tab I have some ideas for lore! [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/536181/53618037_350.png[/img]
@Decaffeinated Is this permabab for writer rescue? I saw him in the tab
I have some ideas for lore!
53618037_350.png
@Decaffeinated Lore for gaoler girl! I'd love her to be named Birch please (:

Birch lay in the fresh green grass, watching the shadows of tree leaves dance across the sleeping form lying next to her. The dappled spring sunlight warmed her own rich brown fur, and her eyelids threatened to close with pleasure as a sweet-smelling breeze ruffled her mane. She rolled onto her side, her half-closed eyes taking in the familiar shape of her mate…

Just as Birch’s eyelids threatened to shut completely, a pink blossom drifted down from the tree above and alighted softly on her lover’s forehead….

Birch’s gaze fixated on that single blossom, so delicate, so fragile. But the longer she stared at it, the more Birch began to feel… unsettled. The more she pondered those pristine petals, the more she began to realize that the flower’s beauty, its allure, was not simply its physical appearance-- it was the fact that that physical beauty was fleeting. The knowledge that mere hours from now, the immaculate flower resting on her loved one would become an unrecognizable, shriveled bit of debris, dried by the sun and lost in a sea of grass, made the observer inexplicably sad.

She turned her attention back to the dragon still asleep next to her.

It had been on a spring day much like this one that they had met, exactly one year ago. Their love had seemed so effortless, so perfect, so pure. Blissful days blurred into weeks, which had faded into months. Twelve of them to be exact.

A whole year…

Birch’s brow furrowed. She let out a huff of air and sent the tiny pink petal careening off into the sea of grass, never to be seen again.

With the disappearance of the flower, a sudden determination gripped her. Silently, she shifted to her feet, careful not to let her shadow fall over that sleeping figure, lest it should wake.

Perhaps a year had been enough. Perhaps it had been too much. Perhaps perfect petals weren’t meant to last forever.

Yes, it was time to search for something else.
@Decaffeinated Lore for gaoler girl! I'd love her to be named Birch please (:

Birch lay in the fresh green grass, watching the shadows of tree leaves dance across the sleeping form lying next to her. The dappled spring sunlight warmed her own rich brown fur, and her eyelids threatened to close with pleasure as a sweet-smelling breeze ruffled her mane. She rolled onto her side, her half-closed eyes taking in the familiar shape of her mate…

Just as Birch’s eyelids threatened to shut completely, a pink blossom drifted down from the tree above and alighted softly on her lover’s forehead….

Birch’s gaze fixated on that single blossom, so delicate, so fragile. But the longer she stared at it, the more Birch began to feel… unsettled. The more she pondered those pristine petals, the more she began to realize that the flower’s beauty, its allure, was not simply its physical appearance-- it was the fact that that physical beauty was fleeting. The knowledge that mere hours from now, the immaculate flower resting on her loved one would become an unrecognizable, shriveled bit of debris, dried by the sun and lost in a sea of grass, made the observer inexplicably sad.

She turned her attention back to the dragon still asleep next to her.

It had been on a spring day much like this one that they had met, exactly one year ago. Their love had seemed so effortless, so perfect, so pure. Blissful days blurred into weeks, which had faded into months. Twelve of them to be exact.

A whole year…

Birch’s brow furrowed. She let out a huff of air and sent the tiny pink petal careening off into the sea of grass, never to be seen again.

With the disappearance of the flower, a sudden determination gripped her. Silently, she shifted to her feet, careful not to let her shadow fall over that sleeping figure, lest it should wake.

Perhaps a year had been enough. Perhaps it had been too much. Perhaps perfect petals weren’t meant to last forever.

Yes, it was time to search for something else.
wjPnp7u.png
@MermaidLorelei Leliana please? I'm on mobile but I'll try to edit with the bbcode [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=11107677] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/111077/11107677_350.png[/img] [/url] Hope that works
@MermaidLorelei

Leliana please? I'm on mobile but I'll try to edit with the bbcode

11107677_350.png

Hope that works
@onemessyperson You were successful!
@onemessyperson You were successful!
MKHInJR.png__gfCdYdH.gif7GFlGJN.pngE2bewfg.pngNk21WD8.pngdVEhpEt.pngpsOFjGK.pngXRLXA9U.pngNi33GGx.pngkFw6KP5.pngjtUkEZ1.pngtp1eAiM.png3JLBG44.pngLTXo08g.pngQAOWWhZ.pngfnhaNrg.png_
@DragonLover999 [quote name="Decaffeinated" date="2019-01-08 18:02:54" ][list] [*]Do not ask to hold or ask about dragons that are not on the list or not listed as "open".[/list][/quote] @Xayxayx @Lynz Apologies for the wait, I'm sending your dragons over! ------------------------- @dragonpals @StilinskiSpark @MaybeHuman @Luciferr @Saraceaser @Juri01 @Catrisa @Rosekitten @ridill @ClockworkEclipse @Ebby172 @Sanguinius @BoxNSocks @BigBossGiovanni @AquaSharkBoy @Xayxayx @Graceclem @Self @Slugoon @Jenshy @onemessyperson @Lunaralight @quietgal @Kinged @KrazKitCat @summermagpie @ShadowPiper @EmeraldJubilee @dragonhorselover @CoyoteFlowers @suurin @chisayo @SassyTRex The lotto has been drawn and Juri01 is the winner! You have 48hrs to write for your dragon.
@DragonLover999
Decaffeinated wrote on 2019-01-08 18:02:54:
  • Do not ask to hold or ask about dragons that are not on the list or not listed as "open".

@Xayxayx @Lynz Apologies for the wait, I'm sending your dragons over!

@dragonpals
@StilinskiSpark
@MaybeHuman
@Luciferr
@Saraceaser
@Juri01
@Catrisa
@Rosekitten
@ridill
@ClockworkEclipse
@Ebby172
@Sanguinius
@BoxNSocks
@BigBossGiovanni
@AquaSharkBoy
@Xayxayx
@Graceclem
@Self
@Slugoon
@Jenshy
@onemessyperson
@Lunaralight
@quietgal
@Kinged
@KrazKitCat
@summermagpie
@ShadowPiper
@EmeraldJubilee
@dragonhorselover
@CoyoteFlowers
@suurin
@chisayo
@SassyTRex

The lotto has been drawn and Juri01 is the winner! You have 48hrs to write for your dragon.
@Decaffeinated Here's the lore bio for the girl I claimed~ ---------- [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53502775] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/535028/53502775_350.png[/img] [/url] [size=5]Nylene[/size][/center] Nylene is a magic professor at Sunbeam University. She teaches enchanting classes to first years, and is one of the more popular professors among students. She's friendly and allows her classes to be light-hearted, as long as everyone stays on track for her exams. Though she often quizzes her students during class about their theoretical knowledge, Nylene doesn't believe in parchment tests. All of the tasks she assigns to pass her class must show a competency in putting the concepts to practice. Her personal office- a small, wall-offed space in the back of the classroom- is full of little enchanted trinkets students have submitted to pass her class in the years before. When Nylene was herself a student, she took the unusual route of starting at Sunbeam University and then transferring to Dragonhome after her first two years. Nylene knew even as a young witch that she wanted to fully commit to her specialty, rather than focusing on rounding out her skills and Dragonhome is known for its strong enchanting courses. Her decision paid off- she's often sought after for enchantments and even employment. It was rumored that the celebrity witch [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8081811]Sun-Blessed Solyphe[/url] tried to poach Nylene, and only took the route of affiliating with the university after she was unsuccessful. Nylene is happy exactly where she is. She realized after years of learning and finally mastering her magic, that her next passion was to teach it to others. She likes teaching bright-eyed first years and giving them the spark they need to commit to their learnings and pursue their dreams. She also holds office hours for older students, for those struggling to find their grip with enchanting, as the magic often forces young mages to discover their preferred 'enchantment material' before they truly find success. She functions outside of her classroom as Head Witch for House Mirrorlight. Her House is known for their stellar enchanted party decorations; they host a very scary 'Night of Nocturne Haunted Hallway' event in the school every winter. -- [size=4]Magic[/size] [b]Affinity:[/b] Light [b]Specialty:[/b] Enchanting with sunlight and warmth. No matter how or where they are stored or kept, all of the items Nylene enchants are warm to the touch. [b]Weakness:[/b] Her spells require sunlight. [b]Healing:[/b] Neither strong nor weak. She can heal others more easily than she can heal herself. Similar to her specialty, a temporary warmth often suffuses dragons as Nylene heals them. [b]Blessings:[/b] Her second-strongest magic. Though her own blessing rituals have to be long and ceremonial, Nylene is very good at renewing and strengthening blessings that have been placed on objects by other witches. [b]Potion-making:[/b] A weak potion-maker. She has not made potions in several years. [b]Enchanting:[/b] Nylene's specialty, which she likes to call 'sun-baking'. She is strong with all materials, organic or not. Her initial spell-placement on an object or beast can be anywhere, but to solidify her enchantment, the bespelled must sit out in the sunlight for several hours to 'bake'.
@Decaffeinated Here's the lore bio for the girl I claimed~

53502775_350.png

Nylene

Nylene is a magic professor at Sunbeam University. She teaches enchanting classes to first years, and is one of the more popular professors among students. She's friendly and allows her classes to be light-hearted, as long as everyone stays on track for her exams. Though she often quizzes her students during class about their theoretical knowledge, Nylene doesn't believe in parchment tests. All of the tasks she assigns to pass her class must show a competency in putting the concepts to practice. Her personal office- a small, wall-offed space in the back of the classroom- is full of little enchanted trinkets students have submitted to pass her class in the years before.

When Nylene was herself a student, she took the unusual route of starting at Sunbeam University and then transferring to Dragonhome after her first two years. Nylene knew even as a young witch that she wanted to fully commit to her specialty, rather than focusing on rounding out her skills and Dragonhome is known for its strong enchanting courses. Her decision paid off- she's often sought after for enchantments and even employment. It was rumored that the celebrity witch Sun-Blessed Solyphe tried to poach Nylene, and only took the route of affiliating with the university after she was unsuccessful.

Nylene is happy exactly where she is. She realized after years of learning and finally mastering her magic, that her next passion was to teach it to others. She likes teaching bright-eyed first years and giving them the spark they need to commit to their learnings and pursue their dreams. She also holds office hours for older students, for those struggling to find their grip with enchanting, as the magic often forces young mages to discover their preferred 'enchantment material' before they truly find success.

She functions outside of her classroom as Head Witch for House Mirrorlight. Her House is known for their stellar enchanted party decorations; they host a very scary 'Night of Nocturne Haunted Hallway' event in the school every winter.

--
Magic
Affinity: Light
Specialty: Enchanting with sunlight and warmth. No matter how or where they are stored or kept, all of the items Nylene enchants are warm to the touch.
Weakness: Her spells require sunlight.
Healing: Neither strong nor weak. She can heal others more easily than she can heal herself. Similar to her specialty, a temporary warmth often suffuses dragons as Nylene heals them.
Blessings: Her second-strongest magic. Though her own blessing rituals have to be long and ceremonial, Nylene is very good at renewing and strengthening blessings that have been placed on objects by other witches.
Potion-making: A weak potion-maker. She has not made potions in several years.
Enchanting: Nylene's specialty, which she likes to call 'sun-baking'. She is strong with all materials, organic or not. Her initial spell-placement on an object or beast can be anywhere, but to solidify her enchantment, the bespelled must sit out in the sunlight for several hours to 'bake'.
She|Her - Ace - FRT(0) | Lore
g67EwfB.png
@decaffeinated thanks so much for sibi! also sorry if i seemed impatient i was just worried you’d forgotten or didn’t happen to see my ping
@decaffeinated thanks so much for sibi! also sorry if i seemed impatient i was just worried you’d forgotten or didn’t happen to see my ping
aW48MUW.pngpZJYyk4.png
Featherback Pelt Sandstone
1 2 ... 681 682 683 684 685 ... 706 707