Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Writer's Rescue: Lore Galore!
1 2 ... 626 627 628 629 630 ... 706 707
@Decaffeinated Do you think you could hold this Gaoler for me? : [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55526235] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/555263/55526235_350.png[/img] [/url]
@Decaffeinated
Do you think you could hold this Gaoler for me?
:

55526235_350.png
tumblr_p89rkfc4Pq1wvvm88o2_100.png 63Nkadh.pngtumblr_inline_nlmzw4PbYE1qdxu5r.giflqgXN8M.png
@Decaffeinated Nevermind, deleted my message; we're good! Writing done, so it's Lore Time~! Note: [b]Changed his name to Cael![/b] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47424434] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/474245/47424434_350.png[/img] [/url] He didn't remember what woke him up from the darkness. What made him go from dark existence- alive but not- to fully awakened consciousness. Whatever had done so surprised him, though, eyes opening to a green forest all around, far as his own green eyes could see. Slumped and draped over branches like a forgotten vine or a tossed aside boa. Blink a few more times at this new view, take in the emerald world around him for even a few moments longer...and eventually begin moving. Learning how his limbs worked as hands and claws scraped against bark. Wait a moment, he has wings, too? That's quite lovely. Could come in handy, perhaps. Very handy, indeed. Learning how to move was easier than first expected, so that left the newly awakened dragon with a new problem... What to do next. Learning how to fly wasn't the worst thing (it was a very twisting affair, he quickly realized), so what other ways where there that could be done with all this new time that he had? Well, when in doubt, why not a name? This whole time he's been living and learning, yet a name hadn't yet occurred to him! How silly he should be, to forget something so simple... What felt like a good name for him? Something that spoke of this home he woke up in, this land and nature... He ended up deciding on naming himself Cael. That felt suitable enough for him, surely. With that done, what next? Not too hungry, not too thirsty... Companionship, however, would be nice, wouldn't it? This silence had been nice, but what if there could be a friend around to share it with? It was that thought that prompted him to launch off the branch Cael had been perched on, flying deeper into the forest. Like it was his own being before he became this...dragon. There was a feeling that, if he only flew deeper in, that he could find someone else there. Someone who'd surely understand him and his new life. Deep within the woods, he did end up finding it... A forgotten, crumbling temple. Cael could close his eyes if he so wished, basking in the memories it whispered to him. Dragons who would come here to worship the great deities. The sages who stood in their place, blessed by their god, would more often than not tell stories of dream-visions they had. Bodies still and quiet, listening with all their being... Life like that wasn't found much, anymore. Not since the Tidelord had left them and the gods still worried over his empty throne all the while. Children borne in an age without their deity... What a shame. Cael shook the thoughts away, hurrying towards the building. That feeling of life was nearby! He could sense it for sure! Like the scent of petrichor before the rain! The Nocturne was in the far back hall, sitting on her hind legs in the silence. Only the wind and rustling of leaves spoke any words. The dappled light of the sun leaking through into the room, from a shattered hole in the ceiling. What happened here? Only the gods know now. He walked deeper in, uncertain, but optimistic. His claws on the stone caught her ear, turning to face him. Blue eyes of Water looked back at him, though he was quick to recognize the halo of green and bloom behind her head. A blessing from...Gladekeeper? To a Water dragon? Was that even possible...? "Who are you?" She asked, voice youthful and soothing to his ears. What a beautiful sound to hear...! "I am Cael, the forest come to life," he replied simply, a smile growing on his face. "Who are you?" "Saria... Protector of this temple. A misplaced sage, you could say. Waiting for the next, true Sage in line." "So you are waiting for someone..." A skittering sound caught his attention, watching a nervous Grove Piper dart to her side. Obviously wary of their new company. "Can I wait with you, then? I'm looking for a friend and you seem quite nice." Saria blinked in surprise, staring at him for a long moment... Before a smile swept over her face, laughing softly. "Alright, I suppose you may. Though be warned, this could be a longer wait than you expect..." "It's okay, I was only born today, anyways. I think waiting around with a friend for another potential friend sounds just as lovely~!"[/center]
@Decaffeinated
Nevermind, deleted my message; we're good! Writing done, so it's Lore Time~!
Note: Changed his name to Cael!

47424434_350.png

He didn't remember what woke him up from the darkness. What made him go from dark existence- alive but not- to fully awakened consciousness. Whatever had done so surprised him, though, eyes opening to a green forest all around, far as his own green eyes could see. Slumped and draped over branches like a forgotten vine or a tossed aside boa. Blink a few more times at this new view, take in the emerald world around him for even a few moments longer...and eventually begin moving. Learning how his limbs worked as hands and claws scraped against bark. Wait a moment, he has wings, too? That's quite lovely. Could come in handy, perhaps. Very handy, indeed.

Learning how to move was easier than first expected, so that left the newly awakened dragon with a new problem... What to do next. Learning how to fly wasn't the worst thing (it was a very twisting affair, he quickly realized), so what other ways where there that could be done with all this new time that he had? Well, when in doubt, why not a name? This whole time he's been living and learning, yet a name hadn't yet occurred to him! How silly he should be, to forget something so simple... What felt like a good name for him? Something that spoke of this home he woke up in, this land and nature... He ended up deciding on naming himself Cael. That felt suitable enough for him, surely. With that done, what next?

Not too hungry, not too thirsty... Companionship, however, would be nice, wouldn't it? This silence had been nice, but what if there could be a friend around to share it with? It was that thought that prompted him to launch off the branch Cael had been perched on, flying deeper into the forest. Like it was his own being before he became this...dragon. There was a feeling that, if he only flew deeper in, that he could find someone else there. Someone who'd surely understand him and his new life.

Deep within the woods, he did end up finding it... A forgotten, crumbling temple. Cael could close his eyes if he so wished, basking in the memories it whispered to him. Dragons who would come here to worship the great deities. The sages who stood in their place, blessed by their god, would more often than not tell stories of dream-visions they had. Bodies still and quiet, listening with all their being...
Life like that wasn't found much, anymore. Not since the Tidelord had left them and the gods still worried over his empty throne all the while. Children borne in an age without their deity... What a shame.

Cael shook the thoughts away, hurrying towards the building. That feeling of life was nearby! He could sense it for sure! Like the scent of petrichor before the rain!

The Nocturne was in the far back hall, sitting on her hind legs in the silence. Only the wind and rustling of leaves spoke any words. The dappled light of the sun leaking through into the room, from a shattered hole in the ceiling. What happened here? Only the gods know now.

He walked deeper in, uncertain, but optimistic. His claws on the stone caught her ear, turning to face him. Blue eyes of Water looked back at him, though he was quick to recognize the halo of green and bloom behind her head. A blessing from...Gladekeeper? To a Water dragon? Was that even possible...?

"Who are you?" She asked, voice youthful and soothing to his ears. What a beautiful sound to hear...!

"I am Cael, the forest come to life," he replied simply, a smile growing on his face. "Who are you?"

"Saria... Protector of this temple. A misplaced sage, you could say. Waiting for the next, true Sage in line."

"So you are waiting for someone..." A skittering sound caught his attention, watching a nervous Grove Piper dart to her side. Obviously wary of their new company. "Can I wait with you, then? I'm looking for a friend and you seem quite nice." Saria blinked in surprise, staring at him for a long moment... Before a smile swept over her face, laughing softly.

"Alright, I suppose you may. Though be warned, this could be a longer wait than you expect..."

"It's okay, I was only born today, anyways. I think waiting around with a friend for another potential friend sounds just as lovely~!"
@dancingcrane I've put her on hold for you!

@GrinningWolf24 Most certainly! I look forward to what you'll write for her ^-^

@AlchemyFox I certainly can! He's held for you!

@AkiraShinigami I'll be sure to rename him before I send him out ^-^
@dancingcrane I've put her on hold for you!

@GrinningWolf24 Most certainly! I look forward to what you'll write for her ^-^

@AlchemyFox I certainly can! He's held for you!

@AkiraShinigami I'll be sure to rename him before I send him out ^-^
@Decaffeinated
Wow! Two lottos so close to each other! Yay! Sadly, I'm going to have to relinquish my hold on my dragon. I have major writer's block and can't write ANYTHING! Thank you so much though!
@Decaffeinated
Wow! Two lottos so close to each other! Yay! Sadly, I'm going to have to relinquish my hold on my dragon. I have major writer's block and can't write ANYTHING! Thank you so much though!
9-AF7-B463-B8-DD-4-C8-C-AC59-C10-E4-BB2-E96-C.png
@Moonwatcher2811 Thank you for letting me know! [center][size=4]Lotto update[/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55708288] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/557083/55708288.png[/img] [/url][/center] @KrazKitCat You are the new winner! You have 24hrs to write for the dragon.
@Moonwatcher2811 Thank you for letting me know!
Lotto update

55708288.png

@KrazKitCat You are the new winner! You have 24hrs to write for the dragon.
[center][size=4]Lotto update[/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54341144] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/543412/54341144.png[/img] [/url][/center] @Ikterrin You are the new winner! You have 24hrs to write for the dragon.
Lotto update

54341144.png

@Ikterrin You are the new winner! You have 24hrs to write for the dragon.
@Decaffeinated

Ah! I'm happy to win the lotto. I don't have a lot of time tomorrow, so I wrote something up quickly without too much proofreading. Hopefully it's adequate and if I have time or energy I might take a look again and fix it up.

Others watch him from afar and admire the cast of his face and the lines of his body. When the sun strikes at just the right angle, it is as if he becomes engulfed in light.

There can be no one with such dignity as he. I've heard it said that he is unmatched in battle. Clan leaders everywhere seem to honor him. Ah, if I were to meet him face to face, surely I would be overcome by his nobility and strength. There's an aura about him, you see. You just know he's one of a kind.

He has heard these words on the wind. How could he be unaware of what others said, since they were about him. And when he heard them or remembered them, he would smile bitterly, for surely if those whom he had left long ago knew of these current admirers, they would scoff. There was a reason he had been cast out from his old home, and also why he wandered now, beholden to no one but sometimes serving one leader or another in this or that campaign for brief periods before moving on. It was curious that they would continue to speak fondly of him even if he had fought for their enemies at times against their own realm. But that was not truly his concern, and he never spoke to them, so they had never told him why.

If one were to ask him why he never settled down, he surely would not say. The events that had led to his casting out were not things he liked to dwell on, and certainly not topics he would discuss with anyone, if some stranger were to be so bold as to ask. Through all that has happened, he still has his pride, and he still has the traits that established him in the past as a valiant, unyielding individual. If he were to respond, however, he might say that it was his own fault, that he had turned away from those that raised him (it not mattering that he had done so in his efforts to create better outcomes) and that in failing he had been forced to leave. He might say further that he had been cursed to wander until the end of his lifetime, never to find a home since he had abandoned his own (but that would be only a partial truth, since they had laid no restrictions on him other than that he must never return, either him or any of his offspring, and it was only his own self that kept him uprooted).

He clung to his uprightness with even greater strength than he had in his past, because it was what identified him to himself. From this he remembered that it had led him to this, but also the reason why he would turn. Since he kept no close company, going only where he might be directed to go by those who hired him, those who saw him saw only the pride, the valiance, and all those other parts of him that might be useful. They did not see him in his dark moods, unleashed only between campaigns, when he was far from any being and alone with his own self. There could be no one who knew of his regrets or the forces that drove him. He might be even-handed against his foes and fair to his masters, but he was surely neither of these things to himself. In brighter moments, he might realize that being an outcast was not who he was, and that there were a whole other parts to his being, but he had at this point so internalized that defining moment in his past that he thought himself little more than that. The traits that had made him reknowned in these far off lands he thought of as merely props to keep him going, for if he let them go then there would be no more reason for him to go on, they having been the catalyst for his previous, disastrous actions.

If this fictitious other being heard the whole story, they might say that it wasn't his fault, that he could certainly take responsibility for his own actions, but not for that of others. They might say that they admired the face he showed to others, but that he should not put so much of a burden upon himself. And perhaps he would listen, or perhaps not, but it had been so long since he had opened his heart to another that perhaps he no longer can.
@Decaffeinated

Ah! I'm happy to win the lotto. I don't have a lot of time tomorrow, so I wrote something up quickly without too much proofreading. Hopefully it's adequate and if I have time or energy I might take a look again and fix it up.

Others watch him from afar and admire the cast of his face and the lines of his body. When the sun strikes at just the right angle, it is as if he becomes engulfed in light.

There can be no one with such dignity as he. I've heard it said that he is unmatched in battle. Clan leaders everywhere seem to honor him. Ah, if I were to meet him face to face, surely I would be overcome by his nobility and strength. There's an aura about him, you see. You just know he's one of a kind.

He has heard these words on the wind. How could he be unaware of what others said, since they were about him. And when he heard them or remembered them, he would smile bitterly, for surely if those whom he had left long ago knew of these current admirers, they would scoff. There was a reason he had been cast out from his old home, and also why he wandered now, beholden to no one but sometimes serving one leader or another in this or that campaign for brief periods before moving on. It was curious that they would continue to speak fondly of him even if he had fought for their enemies at times against their own realm. But that was not truly his concern, and he never spoke to them, so they had never told him why.

If one were to ask him why he never settled down, he surely would not say. The events that had led to his casting out were not things he liked to dwell on, and certainly not topics he would discuss with anyone, if some stranger were to be so bold as to ask. Through all that has happened, he still has his pride, and he still has the traits that established him in the past as a valiant, unyielding individual. If he were to respond, however, he might say that it was his own fault, that he had turned away from those that raised him (it not mattering that he had done so in his efforts to create better outcomes) and that in failing he had been forced to leave. He might say further that he had been cursed to wander until the end of his lifetime, never to find a home since he had abandoned his own (but that would be only a partial truth, since they had laid no restrictions on him other than that he must never return, either him or any of his offspring, and it was only his own self that kept him uprooted).

He clung to his uprightness with even greater strength than he had in his past, because it was what identified him to himself. From this he remembered that it had led him to this, but also the reason why he would turn. Since he kept no close company, going only where he might be directed to go by those who hired him, those who saw him saw only the pride, the valiance, and all those other parts of him that might be useful. They did not see him in his dark moods, unleashed only between campaigns, when he was far from any being and alone with his own self. There could be no one who knew of his regrets or the forces that drove him. He might be even-handed against his foes and fair to his masters, but he was surely neither of these things to himself. In brighter moments, he might realize that being an outcast was not who he was, and that there were a whole other parts to his being, but he had at this point so internalized that defining moment in his past that he thought himself little more than that. The traits that had made him reknowned in these far off lands he thought of as merely props to keep him going, for if he let them go then there would be no more reason for him to go on, they having been the catalyst for his previous, disastrous actions.

If this fictitious other being heard the whole story, they might say that it wasn't his fault, that he could certainly take responsibility for his own actions, but not for that of others. They might say that they admired the face he showed to others, but that he should not put so much of a burden upon himself. And perhaps he would listen, or perhaps not, but it had been so long since he had opened his heart to another that perhaps he no longer can.
@Decaffeinated [i]A glance into the past...[/i] With an appearance by @Siakb 's Honeyduke and @husky709 's Yuu... [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55526235] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/555263/55526235_350.png[/img] [/url] [size=5]Fionn[/size] “Hey Marshmallow!” “Where you goin’, Fluff-for-brains?” “Aww, I think the little weakling is ignoring us…” “Probably running home to have a bath!” “In what? A dewdrop?” Fionn kept his head down against the jeers of his classmates, silently seething as he walked as fast as he could home. He couldn’t help his colors! He couldn’t help that he was fluffy! He couldn’t help that he was a pitiful excuse of a Gaoler, and he couldn’t help that he was a runt! And as for the fact he kept himself clean… Well, that was all him. But what of it? The Scarred Wasteland wasn’t a place to take any chances, and any advantage you could grab to survive, you took. Fur like his could very easily get infested with bacteria and pests if he let it get dirty and matted, and living on Rotrock Rim like he and his family did only made it that much easier to pick up diseases. Even if he had the natural immunity of a Plague dragon, it would be his own fault if he got infection and illness because he didn’t give due vigilance… Suddenly, he was broken out of his contemplations by the wet slap of some nameless offal thrown at his head. As it dripped and oozed down his face, he heard the shrieking laughter of the culprits behind him. He growled under his breath, turned and launched himself at his attackers… ----- Slam! Yuu’s ears perked at the sound and listened for a bit. The light, sullen footsteps were obviously those of her youngest son. She got up from the kitchen table. “I’ll be back in a minute, Honeyduke. Your brother is home, and I’m sure he wants to hear about your time in The Southern Icefields as much as I do… Not to mention have some of these delicious cakes you made!” Honeyduke nodded amiably as he continued baking. Yuu went out in the hall to greet Fionn… only to have him walk straight past her, dripping with muck and limping slightly, one of his eyes bruised and swollen shut, and a bloody nose. “I’m taking a bath.” Fionn growled as he went past his mother. Without another word, he stomped off to the baths the family had under the house. It was hard to find clean water in The Scarred Wasteland, but since Conchilion, Fionn’s father, was a Nature dragon, they had managed to build a decent filtration system using plants. The plants themselves were now deadly, but at least the water was clean. After some time, Fionn came back free of filth but still obviously injured. Yuu sighed as he came up to her, a guilty look on his face. “You fought again.” Yuu said, a statement rather than a question. Fionn nodded, then sniffed through a still-stuffy nose. “It wasn’t… completely one-sided this time. I left them with some bruises, too...” The young dragon said petulantly. Yuu rolled her eyes. “That’s not the point, Fionn! I know you are having a hard time making friends…” Yuu started, only to be interrupted by Fionn’s bark of laughter. “Making[i] friends[/i]?! No, Mom, that’s not what I’m having a hard time doing! I’m having a hard time EXISTING. I’m having a hard time standing there, listening to what they say about me, putting up with their flat out abuse and not doing anything about it! So what if I get beaten into the ground every time I try to fight back AT LEAST I AM FIGHTING BACK!” Fionn stared at the ground as he shouted, the tears he had held back earlier with anger and action finally spilling, stinging his injuries as they ran. He gasped for breath as he sobbed, his nose still swollen and stuffy. He glared at the floor in silence, wishing it would swallow him up, and Yuu stood staring at him after his outburst. Before she could respond, Honeyduke sauntered out of the kitchen. “Hey now, what’s all the commotion?” Honeyduke said lazily. Ignoring the snot and tears, he pulled Fionn into a massive hug. The two brothers were mirror images of each other. “Hey little bro, did’ja miss me?” Honeyduke swept Fionn into the kitchen. “You seem in need of some sweets and a bit of venting! Don’t worry, Ma.” Honeyduke turned to give Yuu a wink. “I’ll handle this one, okay?” Once in the kitchen, Honeyduke plunked Fionn down at the table, pushing a plate of cookies at him. “Alright, Fionn, start talking. What’s been going on?” Through sniffles and bites of cookie, Fionn slowly started to talk about the bullying he had been going through, how he didn’t feel like he fit in anywhere, and how he felt he wasn’t really a Plague dragon. At this, Honeyduke laughed. “Sorry, little bro, but the color of your eyes and that lovely shiner you have tell a different story! You are a Plague dragon and born survivor, make no mistake about that! Say…” Honeyduke paused, thoughtfully staring at the ceiling. “I kinda remember going through something similar, not feeling like I fit in anywhere… Why don’t you come back to The Southern Icefields with me? I think I could pull some strings, get you into proper Gaoler training, and help… er… direct that anger of yours into a useful direction. Like at the Shade. I’m sure they could use a scrap of fury like you! Besides,” he went on with a grin, “That excess fluff we both have is much more suited there.” Fionn swallowed the last bite of cookie, his eyes wide. “You… You really think so? They would really… Even someone like me? I’m so small, and… I don’t know anything about the Shade! What if they laugh at me?” Fionn babbled nervously. Honeyduke laughed boisterously, ruffling the fur on Fionn’s head fondly. “Like I said, you are a survivor! And survivors… Well, they have a way of fitting in anywhere, at least in some way. I’ll talk to Ma, Pa, and my friends. The rest will be all on you, if you think you can handle it.” Honeyduke heaved himself up from the table, winking at his little brother. Fionn nodded, full of awe at his now responsible brother. He pulled the last plate of cookies toward himself, took one, and chewed thoughtfully. “It’s all up to me,” Fionn murmured, his future suddenly not just about battling for his own survival in The Scarred Wasteland, but the survival of all of Sornieth, wherever his feet might lead him. ------
@Decaffeinated
A glance into the past...
With an appearance by @Siakb 's Honeyduke and @husky709 's Yuu...

55526235_350.png

Fionn

“Hey Marshmallow!”

“Where you goin’, Fluff-for-brains?”

“Aww, I think the little weakling is ignoring us…”

“Probably running home to have a bath!”

“In what? A dewdrop?”

Fionn kept his head down against the jeers of his classmates, silently seething as he walked as fast as he could home. He couldn’t help his colors! He couldn’t help that he was fluffy! He couldn’t help that he was a pitiful excuse of a Gaoler, and he couldn’t help that he was a runt! And as for the fact he kept himself clean… Well, that was all him. But what of it? The Scarred Wasteland wasn’t a place to take any chances, and any advantage you could grab to survive, you took. Fur like his could very easily get infested with bacteria and pests if he let it get dirty and matted, and living on Rotrock Rim like he and his family did only made it that much easier to pick up diseases. Even if he had the natural immunity of a Plague dragon, it would be his own fault if he got infection and illness because he didn’t give due vigilance… Suddenly, he was broken out of his contemplations by the wet slap of some nameless offal thrown at his head. As it dripped and oozed down his face, he heard the shrieking laughter of the culprits behind him. He growled under his breath, turned and launched himself at his attackers…
Slam!
Yuu’s ears perked at the sound and listened for a bit. The light, sullen footsteps were obviously those of her youngest son. She got up from the kitchen table. “I’ll be back in a minute, Honeyduke. Your brother is home, and I’m sure he wants to hear about your time in The Southern Icefields as much as I do… Not to mention have some of these delicious cakes you made!” Honeyduke nodded amiably as he continued baking. Yuu went out in the hall to greet Fionn… only to have him walk straight past her, dripping with muck and limping slightly, one of his eyes bruised and swollen shut, and a bloody nose.

“I’m taking a bath.” Fionn growled as he went past his mother. Without another word, he stomped off to the baths the family had under the house. It was hard to find clean water in The Scarred Wasteland, but since Conchilion, Fionn’s father, was a Nature dragon, they had managed to build a decent filtration system using plants. The plants themselves were now deadly, but at least the water was clean. After some time, Fionn came back free of filth but still obviously injured. Yuu sighed as he came up to her, a guilty look on his face.

“You fought again.” Yuu said, a statement rather than a question. Fionn nodded, then sniffed through a still-stuffy nose.

“It wasn’t… completely one-sided this time. I left them with some bruises, too...” The young dragon said petulantly. Yuu rolled her eyes.

“That’s not the point, Fionn! I know you are having a hard time making friends…” Yuu started, only to be interrupted by Fionn’s bark of laughter.

“Making friends?! No, Mom, that’s not what I’m having a hard time doing! I’m having a hard time EXISTING. I’m having a hard time standing there, listening to what they say about me, putting up with their flat out abuse and not doing anything about it! So what if I get beaten into the ground every time I try to fight back AT LEAST I AM FIGHTING BACK!” Fionn stared at the ground as he shouted, the tears he had held back earlier with anger and action finally spilling, stinging his injuries as they ran. He gasped for breath as he sobbed, his nose still swollen and stuffy. He glared at the floor in silence, wishing it would swallow him up, and Yuu stood staring at him after his outburst. Before she could respond, Honeyduke sauntered out of the kitchen.

“Hey now, what’s all the commotion?” Honeyduke said lazily. Ignoring the snot and tears, he pulled Fionn into a massive hug. The two brothers were mirror images of each other. “Hey little bro, did’ja miss me?” Honeyduke swept Fionn into the kitchen. “You seem in need of some sweets and a bit of venting! Don’t worry, Ma.” Honeyduke turned to give Yuu a wink. “I’ll handle this one, okay?” Once in the kitchen, Honeyduke plunked Fionn down at the table, pushing a plate of cookies at him. “Alright, Fionn, start talking. What’s been going on?” Through sniffles and bites of cookie, Fionn slowly started to talk about the bullying he had been going through, how he didn’t feel like he fit in anywhere, and how he felt he wasn’t really a Plague dragon. At this, Honeyduke laughed. “Sorry, little bro, but the color of your eyes and that lovely shiner you have tell a different story! You are a Plague dragon and born survivor, make no mistake about that! Say…” Honeyduke paused, thoughtfully staring at the ceiling. “I kinda remember going through something similar, not feeling like I fit in anywhere… Why don’t you come back to The Southern Icefields with me? I think I could pull some strings, get you into proper Gaoler training, and help… er… direct that anger of yours into a useful direction. Like at the Shade. I’m sure they could use a scrap of fury like you! Besides,” he went on with a grin, “That excess fluff we both have is much more suited there.” Fionn swallowed the last bite of cookie, his eyes wide.

“You… You really think so? They would really… Even someone like me? I’m so small, and… I don’t know anything about the Shade! What if they laugh at me?” Fionn babbled nervously. Honeyduke laughed boisterously, ruffling the fur on Fionn’s head fondly.

“Like I said, you are a survivor! And survivors… Well, they have a way of fitting in anywhere, at least in some way. I’ll talk to Ma, Pa, and my friends. The rest will be all on you, if you think you can handle it.” Honeyduke heaved himself up from the table, winking at his little brother. Fionn nodded, full of awe at his now responsible brother. He pulled the last plate of cookies toward himself, took one, and chewed thoughtfully.

“It’s all up to me,” Fionn murmured, his future suddenly not just about battling for his own survival in The Scarred Wasteland, but the survival of all of Sornieth, wherever his feet might lead him.

tumblr_p89rkfc4Pq1wvvm88o2_100.png 63Nkadh.pngtumblr_inline_nlmzw4PbYE1qdxu5r.giflqgXN8M.png
@AlchenyFox Hey! Great to see my dragons bro get adopted! That's a nice bit of lore, sorry for being a stickler but I do wish you'd asked me first before including Honeyduke as he is the character I created. Anyway nice work :3
@AlchenyFox Hey! Great to see my dragons bro get adopted! That's a nice bit of lore, sorry for being a stickler but I do wish you'd asked me first before including Honeyduke as he is the character I created. Anyway nice work :3
siakb_march_slower_by_pyromaniacalbonsai-dcbjai5.gif
I don’t mean to be a beggar but who’s next for the blossom gal?
I don’t mean to be a beggar but who’s next for the blossom gal?
aW48MUW.pngpZJYyk4.png
Featherback Pelt Sandstone
1 2 ... 626 627 628 629 630 ... 706 707