Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Wanderers' Way - a pinkerlocke attempt
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 28 29
[center][b][u]Days Eighty-Nine and Ninety: Not Gelling[/u][/b] [item=Sanded Birch Plank][item=Alien Tendril] [i]Writing[/i] The Riot of Rot ended with little excitement for the Wanderers, the arrival of Terell notwithstanding. Some might even say not counting, because the young Arcaneborn imperial is insufferable enough that even Maroon is trying to avoid him, and Maroon likes everyone. The general hope is that some time in the tunnels when he's old enough will calm him down a little, but for now there is tension in the cavern that wasn't there before.[/center]
Days Eighty-Nine and Ninety: Not Gelling

Sanded Birch Plank Alien Tendril
Writing

The Riot of Rot ended with little excitement for the Wanderers, the arrival of Terell notwithstanding. Some might even say not counting, because the young Arcaneborn imperial is insufferable enough that even Maroon is trying to avoid him, and Maroon likes everyone. The general hope is that some time in the tunnels when he's old enough will calm him down a little, but for now there is tension in the cavern that wasn't there before.
iiaMf9J.png
[center][b][u]Day Ninety-One: Pranks[/u][/b] [item=Mushroom Necklace] [i]artwork[/i] [pending][/center]
Day Ninety-One: Pranks

Mushroom Necklace
artwork

[pending]
iiaMf9J.png
[center][b][u]Day Ninety-Two: Another One Down[/u][/b] [item=Berserker] [i]Death Streak[/i] Coin: Heads - RNG picked Latham, Tardona and Ineod - location: Woodland Path [u]Perneth's Journal[/u] Even Terell seems to register the loss that befell us today. He's been quiet since Latham and Tardona brought her back, the ceremony to send her off into the next life short and uneventful. Aidziam hissed in a very strange way when she heard the kind of creature that got Ineod; apparently it was the same kind of creature that did for Tunneler back when the Wanderers were just a small group. Something to watch out for next time we go through the Woodlands, I guess... Assuming Aidziam leaves any for the rest of us.[/center]
Day Ninety-Two: Another One Down

Berserker
Death Streak
Coin: Heads - RNG picked Latham, Tardona and Ineod - location: Woodland Path

Perneth's Journal
Even Terell seems to register the loss that befell us today. He's been quiet since Latham and Tardona brought her back, the ceremony to send her off into the next life short and uneventful. Aidziam hissed in a very strange way when she heard the kind of creature that got Ineod; apparently it was the same kind of creature that did for Tunneler back when the Wanderers were just a small group. Something to watch out for next time we go through the Woodlands, I guess... Assuming Aidziam leaves any for the rest of us.
iiaMf9J.png
[center][b][u]Day Ninety-Three: Familiarity[/u][/b] [item=Sea Scorpion Fossil] [i]Art Work[/i] [pending][/center]
Day Ninety-Three: Familiarity

Sea Scorpion Fossil
Art Work

[pending]
iiaMf9J.png
[center][b][u]Days Ninety-Four and Ninety-Five: Watch This Space Cadet[/u][/b] [item=Chickweed] [item=Woven Basket] [i]10-20 matches + art work[/i] [u]Aidziam's Journal[/u] A whirlwind few days. Calixto and Marietta 'thought it would be fun' to convince Terell to join them in the tunnels, perhaps trying to scare him with the sights of the monsters there. The girls are much smaller and faster than Terell is, and have apparently taken it upon themselves to take the imperial down a peg or two. I don't know if it worked; Terell seems as verbose as ever, although perhaps slightly more appreciative of others than was previously the case. Additionally, we have two more mirror hatchlings running around from Artus and Ruffy's clutch. Two others were named and sent to Tidelord, their pebbles added to the memorial hollow. Kasios and Arietna are unaware of the loss of their siblings, but they'll learn when they're older. *Marietta, Calixto and Terell are all level 3* [art work pending][/center]
Days Ninety-Four and Ninety-Five: Watch This Space Cadet

Chickweed Woven Basket
10-20 matches + art work

Aidziam's Journal
A whirlwind few days. Calixto and Marietta 'thought it would be fun' to convince Terell to join them in the tunnels, perhaps trying to scare him with the sights of the monsters there. The girls are much smaller and faster than Terell is, and have apparently taken it upon themselves to take the imperial down a peg or two. I don't know if it worked; Terell seems as verbose as ever, although perhaps slightly more appreciative of others than was previously the case.

Additionally, we have two more mirror hatchlings running around from Artus and Ruffy's clutch. Two others were named and sent to Tidelord, their pebbles added to the memorial hollow. Kasios and Arietna are unaware of the loss of their siblings, but they'll learn when they're older.

*Marietta, Calixto and Terell are all level 3*

[art work pending]
iiaMf9J.png
[center][b][u]Day Ninety-Six: A Dark Day[/u][/b] [item=Blackberry] [i]10-20 matches[/i] [u]Aidziam's Journal[/u] I don't believe we've ever lost four Wanderers in a day. First it was two of Latham and Gorgyra's brood, who failed the thrive despite all the care taken to watch over the eggs. Only Ruiseart remains from the clutch, although he seems to have enough energy for three. As if that weren't enough, Marietta bounded in to the cavern to tell us that Calixto and Terell had fallen in quick succession. Her aunt and uncle went with her to retrieve the bodies, and Perneth noted to me in an aside that Marietta had killed two of the enemy on her own after her battle mates fell. Definitely not a dragon to be trifled with. *Marietta is now level 4, Artus is level 6*[/center]
Day Ninety-Six: A Dark Day

Blackberry
10-20 matches

Aidziam's Journal
I don't believe we've ever lost four Wanderers in a day. First it was two of Latham and Gorgyra's brood, who failed the thrive despite all the care taken to watch over the eggs. Only Ruiseart remains from the clutch, although he seems to have enough energy for three. As if that weren't enough, Marietta bounded in to the cavern to tell us that Calixto and Terell had fallen in quick succession. Her aunt and uncle went with her to retrieve the bodies, and Perneth noted to me in an aside that Marietta had killed two of the enemy on her own after her battle mates fell. Definitely not a dragon to be trifled with.

*Marietta is now level 4, Artus is level 6*
iiaMf9J.png
[center][b][u]Day Ninety-Seven: Signs and Augurs[/u][/b] [item=Pulsing Relic] [i]Artwork[/i] [pending][/center]
Day Ninety-Seven: Signs and Augurs

Pulsing Relic
Artwork

[pending]
iiaMf9J.png
[center][b][u]Day Ninety-Eight: Small Pleasures[/u][/b] [item=Empty Zalis Nest] [i]Writing[/i] The atmosphere in the cavern has been a little fractious of late. Too few inroads into the tunnels, too much sitting around doing nothing. It's Strient who suggests they all go for a swim; despite the cooling temperatures and the approach of winter, the sun is warm as they all make their way to the beach near the clan territory. Ripplestream flat out refuses to go further than the shallowest of shallows, while Marietta is happy to chaperone the youngsters as they paddle a little further in. A pleasant day away from the cavern and the tunnels seems to be exactly what they all needed.[/center]
Day Ninety-Eight: Small Pleasures

Empty Zalis Nest
Writing

The atmosphere in the cavern has been a little fractious of late. Too few inroads into the tunnels, too much sitting around doing nothing. It's Strient who suggests they all go for a swim; despite the cooling temperatures and the approach of winter, the sun is warm as they all make their way to the beach near the clan territory. Ripplestream flat out refuses to go further than the shallowest of shallows, while Marietta is happy to chaperone the youngsters as they paddle a little further in. A pleasant day away from the cavern and the tunnels seems to be exactly what they all needed.
iiaMf9J.png
[center][b][u]Day Ninety-Nine: Thinking Ahead[/u][/b] [item=Chimera Pelt] [i]Writing[/i] Aidziam wants to put a plan in place where travelling into the Woodland tunnels requires at least one dragon in the party to be level 6 or higher. It's a somewhat half-hearted attempt to keep more Wanderers from dying; the truth is that such a policy penalises everyone. The more experienced dragons fighting in the early tunnels means less experience all round, and so the policy is sunk before it can even begin. A newer thought involves running when those creatures that killed the others show up. It's still a little bit iffy, but more sensible in the long run. As a result, it is tentatively put in place.[/center]
Day Ninety-Nine: Thinking Ahead

Chimera Pelt
Writing

Aidziam wants to put a plan in place where travelling into the Woodland tunnels requires at least one dragon in the party to be level 6 or higher. It's a somewhat half-hearted attempt to keep more Wanderers from dying; the truth is that such a policy penalises everyone. The more experienced dragons fighting in the early tunnels means less experience all round, and so the policy is sunk before it can even begin. A newer thought involves running when those creatures that killed the others show up. It's still a little bit iffy, but more sensible in the long run. As a result, it is tentatively put in place.
iiaMf9J.png
[center][b][u]Day One Hundred: Fallen Founder[/u][/b] [item=Regal Firefish] [i]30-40 matches[/i] [u]Strient's Journal[/u] Aidziam fell today. She, Ruffy and Maroon were in the Silkstrewn tunnels when she was hit out of the blue by a strong green bolt of magic. Maroon and Ruffy finished off the creatures that attacked them and returned with her body so that she could be sent off to the Tidelord. It means that of the original Wanderers, only Ruffy is left. She hasn't realised this yet, and I'm not about to tell her. I hope the dying stops. It's been a rough few days.[/center]
Day One Hundred: Fallen Founder

Regal Firefish
30-40 matches

Strient's Journal
Aidziam fell today. She, Ruffy and Maroon were in the Silkstrewn tunnels when she was hit out of the blue by a strong green bolt of magic. Maroon and Ruffy finished off the creatures that attacked them and returned with her body so that she could be sent off to the Tidelord. It means that of the original Wanderers, only Ruffy is left. She hasn't realised this yet, and I'm not about to tell her. I hope the dying stops. It's been a rough few days.
iiaMf9J.png
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 28 29