Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | old endings, new beginnings [necrolocke]
1 2 3 4 5 6
meili my heart sobbing </3 The hints of the backstory and her introspection makes her fate so brutal. Oof I knew what I was getting myself into.

Loving the mirror pack attempt, they are all very fun. It was fun to see meili get Berserker too even if that didn't end up panning out. I find myself very much rooting for Rat. Waves flag
meili my heart sobbing </3 The hints of the backstory and her introspection makes her fate so brutal. Oof I knew what I was getting myself into.

Loving the mirror pack attempt, they are all very fun. It was fun to see meili get Berserker too even if that didn't end up panning out. I find myself very much rooting for Rat. Waves flag
@@@mHwnQKP.png @@@ 3idolon.gif
@
@
day four beginning.

dymura had been counting the hours, the days, with growing impatience, each waking moment of Mother's ignorance making her bristle and seethe in silence. fleshy earth beneath her paws rent with growing frustration, the sound of someone approaching had her tense, defensive snarl already pulling back lips and revealing razor-sharp fangs before she whipped around to face whatever fool had dared interrupt her meditation.

"what are you-- hauku?!" despite herself, dymura couldn't keep the shock from her gaze. whatever infection Mother had graced hauku with had progressed more rapidly than anything dymura had ever seen, the stagger in the mirror's step and the roll of wild red eyes enough to make dymura shift away instinctively when her sibling reached out for her.

froth fell from the mirror's mouth as ragged gasps and pants sounded from her, paws trying to keep her on four legs, though her body trembled with the effort. pitiful. dymura couldn't help the cruel thought from her mind, more observation than any judgment passed upon her twin. she had seen many creatures succumb to Mother's infection before, and recognized the throes of a dragon too far gone as hauku fell to the ground, writhing and spasming in clear distress.

... perhaps Mother's blessing coming so swiftly had been a curse in disguise, or perhaps hauku had always been undeserving of the gift. foolish sister.

there was only one thing to do -- a paw shifted to press itself against hauku's throat, even the tiniest pressure enough to make the mirror pause. dymura thought, or perhaps hoped, somewhere in her heart, that she saw the faintest sparks of clarity briefly return, thought she heard the beginning rasp of her name before it sputtered into painful coughing and wheezing.

"... you could have avoided this, sister. this was not your mission to undertake." sizing her up, dymura frowned. foolish as she was, dymura supposed that hauku was owed some mercy, if nothing else. "... rest now."

fangs flashed briefly, the taste of copper brief and leaving her feeling ill in ways infection never could. strange that, as much as she'd griped and groaned about hauku's insistent energy, it made her heart ache to see her sister so still and so quiet for once in her life.

she couldn't let her mind drift, or let her sister's failure shake her own resolve. settling back down in her place, with hauku's body not too far away, dymura resumed her silent, insistent prayer.

hauku has succumbed to the infection during her second trial. dymura, devara, rat, and eyesore remain.

((wasn't even a matter of being too arrogant this time, hauku just got a really unlucky roll of three basilisks as her first battle and those things must have dodged at least 3 or 4 times during a battle that finally ended in hauku falling first. going to be keeping a closer eye on swipp for dymura today, and looking at crim trades shortly! ))
day four beginning.

dymura had been counting the hours, the days, with growing impatience, each waking moment of Mother's ignorance making her bristle and seethe in silence. fleshy earth beneath her paws rent with growing frustration, the sound of someone approaching had her tense, defensive snarl already pulling back lips and revealing razor-sharp fangs before she whipped around to face whatever fool had dared interrupt her meditation.

"what are you-- hauku?!" despite herself, dymura couldn't keep the shock from her gaze. whatever infection Mother had graced hauku with had progressed more rapidly than anything dymura had ever seen, the stagger in the mirror's step and the roll of wild red eyes enough to make dymura shift away instinctively when her sibling reached out for her.

froth fell from the mirror's mouth as ragged gasps and pants sounded from her, paws trying to keep her on four legs, though her body trembled with the effort. pitiful. dymura couldn't help the cruel thought from her mind, more observation than any judgment passed upon her twin. she had seen many creatures succumb to Mother's infection before, and recognized the throes of a dragon too far gone as hauku fell to the ground, writhing and spasming in clear distress.

... perhaps Mother's blessing coming so swiftly had been a curse in disguise, or perhaps hauku had always been undeserving of the gift. foolish sister.

there was only one thing to do -- a paw shifted to press itself against hauku's throat, even the tiniest pressure enough to make the mirror pause. dymura thought, or perhaps hoped, somewhere in her heart, that she saw the faintest sparks of clarity briefly return, thought she heard the beginning rasp of her name before it sputtered into painful coughing and wheezing.

"... you could have avoided this, sister. this was not your mission to undertake." sizing her up, dymura frowned. foolish as she was, dymura supposed that hauku was owed some mercy, if nothing else. "... rest now."

fangs flashed briefly, the taste of copper brief and leaving her feeling ill in ways infection never could. strange that, as much as she'd griped and groaned about hauku's insistent energy, it made her heart ache to see her sister so still and so quiet for once in her life.

she couldn't let her mind drift, or let her sister's failure shake her own resolve. settling back down in her place, with hauku's body not too far away, dymura resumed her silent, insistent prayer.

hauku has succumbed to the infection during her second trial. dymura, devara, rat, and eyesore remain.

((wasn't even a matter of being too arrogant this time, hauku just got a really unlucky roll of three basilisks as her first battle and those things must have dodged at least 3 or 4 times during a battle that finally ended in hauku falling first. going to be keeping a closer eye on swipp for dymura today, and looking at crim trades shortly! ))

Z1RkWWM.png

H0t7Ypl.png
TW2mke5.png
n4H37dx.png
mjtJ868.png
[emoji=mirror scared size=2]
@@@mHwnQKP.png @@@ 3idolon.gif
@
@
day four update.

she didn't let her mind dwell for too long upon hauku -- she couldn't let her mind dwell too long upon her. though perhaps Mother had taken notice of her at last... surely she wasn't just imagining the encroaching sensation of Sickness, right?

((venomscale bracers were in swipp so miss dymura is officially infected! going to brew her faith/determination roll shortly though i might go to bed before the results officially get here, so actually setting it up might take until later today! ))
day four update.

she didn't let her mind dwell for too long upon hauku -- she couldn't let her mind dwell too long upon her. though perhaps Mother had taken notice of her at last... surely she wasn't just imagining the encroaching sensation of Sickness, right?

((venomscale bracers were in swipp so miss dymura is officially infected! going to brew her faith/determination roll shortly though i might go to bed before the results officially get here, so actually setting it up might take until later today! ))

Z1RkWWM.png

H0t7Ypl.png
TW2mke5.png
n4H37dx.png
mjtJ868.png
day four cont.

((grey slime means another duo of scratch/contuse dragons, getting rid of some fodder in my lair in the process! time to toss dymura into the coli for a bit!

... she crit the first enemy twice in a row which is pretty incredible lowkey, we'll see if we can get her at least to level 2 before backing out for the day.

UPDATE: made it from level 1 to 3, with a few very close calls smdh. at least tomorrow i'll be able to hopefully get a few solid battles in in the training fields once i stat dymura up, i'll feel a bit more confident too smh.

UPDATE TWO: nobody else got infected today, alas.))
day four cont.

((grey slime means another duo of scratch/contuse dragons, getting rid of some fodder in my lair in the process! time to toss dymura into the coli for a bit!

... she crit the first enemy twice in a row which is pretty incredible lowkey, we'll see if we can get her at least to level 2 before backing out for the day.

UPDATE: made it from level 1 to 3, with a few very close calls smdh. at least tomorrow i'll be able to hopefully get a few solid battles in in the training fields once i stat dymura up, i'll feel a bit more confident too smh.

UPDATE TWO: nobody else got infected today, alas.))

Z1RkWWM.png

H0t7Ypl.png
TW2mke5.png
n4H37dx.png
mjtJ868.png
day five.

DYMURA continues to fight the plague in her system.

DEVARA remains uninfected.
RAT remains uninfected.
EYESORE remains uninfected.
day five.

DYMURA continues to fight the plague in her system.

DEVARA remains uninfected.
RAT remains uninfected.
EYESORE remains uninfected.

Z1RkWWM.png

H0t7Ypl.png
TW2mke5.png
n4H37dx.png
mjtJ868.png
day six.

big things happening today, to be updated later after work in the morning.

RAT, EYESORE, and DEVARA remain uninfected.
day six.

big things happening today, to be updated later after work in the morning.

RAT, EYESORE, and DEVARA remain uninfected.

Z1RkWWM.png

H0t7Ypl.png
TW2mke5.png
n4H37dx.png
mjtJ868.png
day five conclusion.

she could hear hauku's voice -- she was losing it.

stubbornly, dymura refused to budge, refused to acknowledge just how weak she was becoming, and just how hard it was to remain upright with each passing moment. she had always been a fighter -- had always been the strongest of the sisters.

but even if she'd lasted longer than hauku, it would mean nothing when she fell and did not stir again upon the dawn of the fifth day.

though she had outlasted hauku, she too had been found wanting in the end.

dymura has succumbed to the plague and perished.
day five conclusion.

she could hear hauku's voice -- she was losing it.

stubbornly, dymura refused to budge, refused to acknowledge just how weak she was becoming, and just how hard it was to remain upright with each passing moment. she had always been a fighter -- had always been the strongest of the sisters.

but even if she'd lasted longer than hauku, it would mean nothing when she fell and did not stir again upon the dawn of the fifth day.

though she had outlasted hauku, she too had been found wanting in the end.

dymura has succumbed to the plague and perished.

Z1RkWWM.png

H0t7Ypl.png
TW2mke5.png
n4H37dx.png
mjtJ868.png
Oh Dymura, she and her sister were meant to be together after all...
Oh Dymura, she and her sister were meant to be together after all...
MUYNhfy.png
Tl1dGxE.png
Al1BEGR.png
zvtelu6.png
day six.

everyone surviving remains uninfected for now.
day six.

everyone surviving remains uninfected for now.

Z1RkWWM.png

H0t7Ypl.png
TW2mke5.png
n4H37dx.png
mjtJ868.png
1 2 3 4 5 6