Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] An Attempt To Grind
1 2
I've always enjoyed reading Pinkerlockes and been inspired by them, so I decided: why not? I'm bad at actually grinding anyway, lol. Rules taken from [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/1904162#post_1904162]here[/url]: [quote="The Rules"]Basic Rules: - Any death in the Coliseum means a death in actuality. The dragon must be exalted or retired from the Pinkerlocke entirely. - Loot that isn't a Pinkerton drop is not relevant to the Pinkerlocke. You may dress your dragons in anything you like. - Coliseum matches do not have to be consecutive. - Begin with two or three adult dragons. Drop table: Food: The basics: enter the Coliseum! According to the table below, go through the amount of matches listed; it does not have to be all in a row! Plants: 10-20 matches Insects: 20-30 matches Seafood: 30-40 matches Meat: 40-50 matches - Optional hardmode: All Coliseum teams must be chosen by a random number generator. The area entered must correspond to the highest level dragon in the group. You can quit any time to regen health, and fleeing is permitted. Materials: A day for writing. While you can write for any portion of this, what are your dragons doing in their downtime? What's their latest battles, any hardships they might've faced, any newcomers to the group? If there's nothing new, how about some character introspection? Do any of them not have a biography? Trinkets: Draw some art, whatever medium you want to use; even a simple doodle is good! What do your dragons look like? Their home? A battle? Any trinkets they have? Alternatively, spend some time compiling something related to them. A playlist? Pinterest board? What kind of outfits would they wear, do they follow any sort of teachings? What's their backstory before any of this, outside the Pinkerlocke? Familiars: Buy the cheapest dragon in the AH of a specific breed, gems or treasure. Use a random number generator to determine which breed to get. 1. Fae 2. Guardian 3. Mirror 4. Pearlcatcher 5. Ridgeback 6. Tundra 7. Spiral 8. Imperial 9. Snapper 10. Wildclaw 11. Nocturne 12. Coatl 13. Skydancer 14. Bogsneak 15. Obelisk 16. Gaoler 17. Banescale 18. Veilspun 19. Aberration 20. Undertide 21. Aether - Optional easymode: Exclude hatchlings and/or ancient breeds. Apparel: Breed two of your dragons. If you can't, you may either queue this for when it's possible or roll 1-4 for one of the food options. - Optional hardmode: Flip a coin for every hatchling. Every tails means a dead hatchling that must be exalted or removed from the Pinkerlocke. Battle Items: Chance for a death streak. Flip a coin; if heads, a death streak happens, and if tails, nothing happens. - Death streak: Three dragons must be chosen and go through a Coliseum area. 10 rounds must be completed consecutively; if a dragon dies, the death streak is over and no more rounds are required. NEW RULE, BECAUSE THIS APPARENTLY HAD TO BE DECIDED: If I roll a death streak and there are less than three dragons, it counts as a familiar pull and I will buy a new dragon accordingly.[/quote] I'm going with the bonus rules of Spotify Shuffle lore, but not much else. While I will try as best as I can to abide by Flight Rising's rules and restrictions, my work tends towards the extremely dark, so content warnings(which will be updated as things go on): character death(obviously), ableism, bullying, implied familial abuse, general bad behavior.
I've always enjoyed reading Pinkerlockes and been inspired by them, so I decided: why not? I'm bad at actually grinding anyway, lol.

Rules taken from here:
The Rules wrote:
Basic Rules:
- Any death in the Coliseum means a death in actuality. The dragon must be exalted or retired from the Pinkerlocke entirely.
- Loot that isn't a Pinkerton drop is not relevant to the Pinkerlocke. You may dress your dragons in anything you like.
- Coliseum matches do not have to be consecutive.
- Begin with two or three adult dragons.

Drop table:

Food: The basics: enter the Coliseum! According to the table below, go through the amount of matches listed; it does not have to be all in a row!
Plants: 10-20 matches
Insects: 20-30 matches
Seafood: 30-40 matches
Meat: 40-50 matches

- Optional hardmode: All Coliseum teams must be chosen by a random number generator. The area entered must correspond to the highest level dragon in the group. You can quit any time to regen health, and fleeing is permitted.

Materials: A day for writing. While you can write for any portion of this, what are your dragons doing in their downtime? What's their latest battles, any hardships they might've faced, any newcomers to the group? If there's nothing new, how about some character introspection? Do any of them not have a biography?

Trinkets: Draw some art, whatever medium you want to use; even a simple doodle is good! What do your dragons look like? Their home? A battle? Any trinkets they have?

Alternatively, spend some time compiling something related to them. A playlist? Pinterest board? What kind of outfits would they wear, do they follow any sort of teachings? What's their backstory before any of this, outside the Pinkerlocke?

Familiars: Buy the cheapest dragon in the AH of a specific breed, gems or treasure. Use a random number generator to determine which breed to get.
1. Fae
2. Guardian
3. Mirror
4. Pearlcatcher
5. Ridgeback
6. Tundra
7. Spiral
8. Imperial
9. Snapper
10. Wildclaw
11. Nocturne
12. Coatl
13. Skydancer
14. Bogsneak
15. Obelisk
16. Gaoler
17. Banescale
18. Veilspun
19. Aberration
20. Undertide
21. Aether

- Optional easymode: Exclude hatchlings and/or ancient breeds.

Apparel: Breed two of your dragons. If you can't, you may either queue this for when it's possible or roll 1-4 for one of the food options.

- Optional hardmode: Flip a coin for every hatchling. Every tails means a dead hatchling that must be exalted or removed from the Pinkerlocke.

Battle Items: Chance for a death streak. Flip a coin; if heads, a death streak happens, and if tails, nothing happens.

- Death streak: Three dragons must be chosen and go through a Coliseum area. 10 rounds must be completed consecutively; if a dragon dies, the death streak is over and no more rounds are required.

NEW RULE, BECAUSE THIS APPARENTLY HAD TO BE DECIDED: If I roll a death streak and there are less than three dragons, it counts as a familiar pull and I will buy a new dragon accordingly.

I'm going with the bonus rules of Spotify Shuffle lore, but not much else.

While I will try as best as I can to abide by Flight Rising's rules and restrictions, my work tends towards the extremely dark, so content warnings(which will be updated as things go on): character death(obviously), ableism, bullying, implied familial abuse, general bad behavior.
O sorrow, I have ended, you see, by respecting you, because I am certain you will never leave me
THE CLAN: [b]Alive[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/87399033][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/873991/87399033_350.png[/img][/url] Tyrian-[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f_LDRy7SVI]Bells of the Black Sunday[/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/87351657][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/873517/87351657_350.png[/img][/url] Zvelas-[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j0kfGNwIlw]Chururira Churururira Dadada[/url] [b]Dead[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/87417412][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/874175/87417412_350.png[/img][/url] Forest [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/87353498][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/873535/87353498_350.png[/img][/url] Beretton [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/86185978][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/861860/86185978_350.png[/img][/url] Uni [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/87323601][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/873237/87323601_350.png[/img][/url] Ciaran
THE CLAN:

Alive
87399033_350.png
Tyrian-Bells of the Black Sunday
87351657_350.png
Zvelas-Chururira Churururira Dadada

Dead
87417412_350.png
Forest
87353498_350.png
Beretton
86185978_350.png
Uni
87323601_350.png
Ciaran
O sorrow, I have ended, you see, by respecting you, because I am certain you will never leave me
DAY 1

I have purchased all these dragons from the AH according to the rules. And Beretton, who is a previous buy who I was like 'oh wait, actually I don't want him', but I decided to throw him here as a chance at survival.

Bilworper Pinion

Today's pull is a Bilworper Pinion, which means lore!
Berretton snaked through the air in a colorful ribbon as Zvelas stepped nearly silently behind him, keeping the hatchlings-shy Forest and too-quiet Tyrian-on his back. The Undertide soared up the bookcases, sunlight cast down on his slimy scales by the enormous, transparent vaulted ceiling impossibly above.

The Tourmaline Archives were a building. An enormous building, true, and one large enough to carry countless dragons, beastkin, and stranger creatures within it, with even more living on its 'grounds'. A clan choosing to live off the land in this beacon of modern dragon civilization seemed bizarre, almost foreign to Zvelas.

But what did he know? He had come here with good reason, after all. Safety, knowledge, power, and a way away from other clans. He waited, a shadow at the base of the great bookcases as Berretton soared-he was small here, practically an afterthought. This was an Arcane place and there were many facilities designed for Fae that could accommodate him just as easily, but Zvelas had found it was better to be small enough to go unnoticed.

Though he was small even for a Veilspun(he refused to consider how much of that was due to his youth. He was a grown dragon, even if only on technicality). Even half-grown, Tyrian's gangly limbs made him larger-the hatchling ignored him as he leapt off his back, his coltish legs unswaying as he gazed around with regal disinterest in his crimson eyes.

"I should be allowed on my own," he said.

"Before you've even grown all your horns?" Zvelas asked drily. "Besides. We wait for now. Let the fool find us our way in and a comfortable lair."

As if summoned, Berretton swooped back down and came to a clumsy halt on the floor. It was hard for Zvelas not to be amused at how helpless he was-he could not walk on land, but he couldn't even hover as they did. "With me!" he declared. "I have spoken with the authorities and found an old settlement in the stacks! Peeling paints, dilapidated-but surely we can reinvigorate it! Our clan shall be known to all, and then the fools who sent me off will surely regret it!"

...So obvious. So stupid. But Zvelas took the indicated offer Berretton gave to allow the little swarm to nestle on his back as he slithered fruitlessly for a moment before his great wings gained the momentum to beat again, taking the four dragons into the air and soaring amidst the incomprehensible vastness of the Archives.
----
Will set up a pinglist, in the event anyone wants in.
DAY 1

I have purchased all these dragons from the AH according to the rules. And Beretton, who is a previous buy who I was like 'oh wait, actually I don't want him', but I decided to throw him here as a chance at survival.

Bilworper Pinion

Today's pull is a Bilworper Pinion, which means lore!
Berretton snaked through the air in a colorful ribbon as Zvelas stepped nearly silently behind him, keeping the hatchlings-shy Forest and too-quiet Tyrian-on his back. The Undertide soared up the bookcases, sunlight cast down on his slimy scales by the enormous, transparent vaulted ceiling impossibly above.

The Tourmaline Archives were a building. An enormous building, true, and one large enough to carry countless dragons, beastkin, and stranger creatures within it, with even more living on its 'grounds'. A clan choosing to live off the land in this beacon of modern dragon civilization seemed bizarre, almost foreign to Zvelas.

But what did he know? He had come here with good reason, after all. Safety, knowledge, power, and a way away from other clans. He waited, a shadow at the base of the great bookcases as Berretton soared-he was small here, practically an afterthought. This was an Arcane place and there were many facilities designed for Fae that could accommodate him just as easily, but Zvelas had found it was better to be small enough to go unnoticed.

Though he was small even for a Veilspun(he refused to consider how much of that was due to his youth. He was a grown dragon, even if only on technicality). Even half-grown, Tyrian's gangly limbs made him larger-the hatchling ignored him as he leapt off his back, his coltish legs unswaying as he gazed around with regal disinterest in his crimson eyes.

"I should be allowed on my own," he said.

"Before you've even grown all your horns?" Zvelas asked drily. "Besides. We wait for now. Let the fool find us our way in and a comfortable lair."

As if summoned, Berretton swooped back down and came to a clumsy halt on the floor. It was hard for Zvelas not to be amused at how helpless he was-he could not walk on land, but he couldn't even hover as they did. "With me!" he declared. "I have spoken with the authorities and found an old settlement in the stacks! Peeling paints, dilapidated-but surely we can reinvigorate it! Our clan shall be known to all, and then the fools who sent me off will surely regret it!"

...So obvious. So stupid. But Zvelas took the indicated offer Berretton gave to allow the little swarm to nestle on his back as he slithered fruitlessly for a moment before his great wings gained the momentum to beat again, taking the four dragons into the air and soaring amidst the incomprehensible vastness of the Archives.
----
Will set up a pinglist, in the event anyone wants in.
[b]DAY 2[/b] [item=Jelly Drone] ...And my second pull is a familiar? Okay! I decided to go with an adult, for coli reasons....and...RNG says I need a Skydancer. RNG, DAMN YOU. I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH SKYDANCERS. I AM ACTIVELY TRYING TO BUY LESS SKYDANCERS AND DRAGONS WHICH ARE NOT SKYDANCERS. THIS IS UNFAIR. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/86185978][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/861860/86185978_350.png[/img][/url] This is Uni, who was both first when it came to adult Skydancers sorted by price AND was already named. - "So you are Berretton's friend," Zvelas said. Forest had ducked herself beneath his mane, though they both knew she would outgrow [i]that[/i] soon. "Indeed he is!" said Berretton with a toothy grin. Always a little disturbing, always a little remniscent of how, should he so choose, the Undertide could devour any of them. "Well met," said Tyrian, drawing himself up with a dignity unbefitting of a hatchling still a few weeks from growing his final horns. "I am Tyrian." "Zvelas," Zvelas said, bowing his head humbly. The Skydancer observed them silently with rosy pink Arcane eyes. The black and violet feathers of his tail fanned out, and that was his only reaction. "He does talk, doesn't he?" Tyrian asked. "Oh, yes," Berretton said. "But Uni has never been one for talking." Uni inclined his head. "Nevertheless-" and was there a trace of something sharper than Zvelas was used to in Berretton's eyes? "I think it's best that we should have more than two adults to deal with these little scamps, my friend."
DAY 2

Jelly Drone
...And my second pull is a familiar? Okay! I decided to go with an adult, for coli reasons....and...RNG says I need a Skydancer.

RNG, DAMN YOU. I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH SKYDANCERS. I AM ACTIVELY TRYING TO BUY LESS SKYDANCERS AND DRAGONS WHICH ARE NOT SKYDANCERS. THIS IS UNFAIR.

86185978_350.png This is Uni, who was both first when it came to adult Skydancers sorted by price AND was already named.
-
"So you are Berretton's friend," Zvelas said. Forest had ducked herself beneath his mane, though they both knew she would outgrow that soon.

"Indeed he is!" said Berretton with a toothy grin. Always a little disturbing, always a little remniscent of how, should he so choose, the Undertide could devour any of them.

"Well met," said Tyrian, drawing himself up with a dignity unbefitting of a hatchling still a few weeks from growing his final horns. "I am Tyrian."

"Zvelas," Zvelas said, bowing his head humbly.

The Skydancer observed them silently with rosy pink Arcane eyes. The black and violet feathers of his tail fanned out, and that was his only reaction.

"He does talk, doesn't he?" Tyrian asked.

"Oh, yes," Berretton said. "But Uni has never been one for talking."

Uni inclined his head.

"Nevertheless-" and was there a trace of something sharper than Zvelas was used to in Berretton's eyes? "I think it's best that we should have more than two adults to deal with these little scamps, my friend."
[b]Day 3[/b] [item=Teardrop Pastel Spinel Ring] Since we have no one who's even close to being able to breed, I just do a plant-equivalent 20 matches in coli, which give me approximately absolutely nothing. Not every day is a winner.
Day 3
Teardrop Pastel Spinel Ring
Since we have no one who's even close to being able to breed, I just do a plant-equivalent 20 matches in coli, which give me approximately absolutely nothing.

Not every day is a winner.
[b]Day 4[/b] [item=Wiggly Sight] Sigh. IDEK. 20 coli fights instead. Drops of note: [item=Pretty Pink Arm Bow] Not an interesting stretch of days, I must say.
Day 4
Wiggly Sight
Sigh. IDEK.

20 coli fights instead.

Drops of note:
Pretty Pink Arm Bow

Not an interesting stretch of days, I must say.
Day 5
Seeker Orb
"Zvelas!" Forest's wings-now fully developed, an intricate web of deep greens and blues-fluttered in excitement. "We went hunting!"

"Did you now," he said, trying not to sound bored.

"Indeed," she said, ducking her head. Her horns, as well as Tyrian's, had fully moulted, though they were unimpressive next to the smaller, brighter horns that sprouted along her body. Large, sharp-and in Zvelas's opinion, rather unsightly. He certainly wouldn't say anything about that, though. "I found these, and I was wondering..." In her claws, Forest held a nest of bright pink ribbons.

"No thank you," Zvelas said. "How charming of you to offer, though."
-
Forest had been denied by the three other ancients-Tyrian had said they were too plain and not worthy of him and Berretton had chastised her for choosing a gift too small to properly adorn him. Since they wouldn't fit her-she woudln't feel comfortable wearing them, after all-she found her way to the lair of the last member of their little clan.

Uni was meditating, seated on the ground with his forelegs crossed in front of him, eyes focused on a neat semicircle of polished stones of turquoise he had gathered around him.

"...Sorry," Forest said. "I didn't mean to interrupt."

Uni looked up abruptly, his black and blue feathered mane fanning out to investigate her presence. "You aren't interrupting."

"...I found a gift hunting and wanted to know if you would have any interest," she said.

"Let me see." He stood in a quick movement, padding over to her to investigate. She expected him to deny it as much as the others, but instead his antennae twitched. "I don't dislike it," he said. "No. I like it." He took the ribbons in his dainty paws, winding them around his forelegs curiously. "Thank you," he said, looking back up at her.

Forest bowed her head. "You're very welcome, Mr. Uni."
Day 5
Seeker Orb
"Zvelas!" Forest's wings-now fully developed, an intricate web of deep greens and blues-fluttered in excitement. "We went hunting!"

"Did you now," he said, trying not to sound bored.

"Indeed," she said, ducking her head. Her horns, as well as Tyrian's, had fully moulted, though they were unimpressive next to the smaller, brighter horns that sprouted along her body. Large, sharp-and in Zvelas's opinion, rather unsightly. He certainly wouldn't say anything about that, though. "I found these, and I was wondering..." In her claws, Forest held a nest of bright pink ribbons.

"No thank you," Zvelas said. "How charming of you to offer, though."
-
Forest had been denied by the three other ancients-Tyrian had said they were too plain and not worthy of him and Berretton had chastised her for choosing a gift too small to properly adorn him. Since they wouldn't fit her-she woudln't feel comfortable wearing them, after all-she found her way to the lair of the last member of their little clan.

Uni was meditating, seated on the ground with his forelegs crossed in front of him, eyes focused on a neat semicircle of polished stones of turquoise he had gathered around him.

"...Sorry," Forest said. "I didn't mean to interrupt."

Uni looked up abruptly, his black and blue feathered mane fanning out to investigate her presence. "You aren't interrupting."

"...I found a gift hunting and wanted to know if you would have any interest," she said.

"Let me see." He stood in a quick movement, padding over to her to investigate. She expected him to deny it as much as the others, but instead his antennae twitched. "I don't dislike it," he said. "No. I like it." He took the ribbons in his dainty paws, winding them around his forelegs curiously. "Thank you," he said, looking back up at her.

Forest bowed her head. "You're very welcome, Mr. Uni."
[b]Day 6[/b] [Item=Discipline] Well, crap. - Uni spent the day in meditation again. The Veilspun swarm-though Uni didn't think it was a swarm if there were only a few-had left the archives to scavenge outside in a search for food and other items of note. It was quiet-until he heard raised voices shouting at each other. "This is your fault, you conniving little-!" "How in the world is this my fault? It was her own idea to press into the woods to [i]test her abilities[/i]." "You worthless, smug----' "Is there a problem?" Uni asked, and then froze. The two male Veilspun were fighting, wings wide and teeth snapping at each other, while below them the muted husk that had once been Forest lay still. Uni ran and crouched to the still body. The other two Veilspun buzzed around his head, trading sharp remonstrations about whose fault the death had been, but Uni ignored them. He could still remember the shy, nervous dragon offering him those ribbons she had found. He was not shocked. Not entirely. This was a risk that they had all known. But nevertheless, he still grieved. -- [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/87417412][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/874175/87417412_350.png[/img][/url] THANKS, PINKERTON. What even is this starting thing of pulls...seriously, a death streak before it's even been a WEEK?
Day 6

Discipline

Well, crap.
-
Uni spent the day in meditation again. The Veilspun swarm-though Uni didn't think it was a swarm if there were only a few-had left the archives to scavenge outside in a search for food and other items of note.

It was quiet-until he heard raised voices shouting at each other.

"This is your fault, you conniving little-!"

"How in the world is this my fault? It was her own idea to press into the woods to test her abilities."

"You worthless, smug----'

"Is there a problem?" Uni asked, and then froze.

The two male Veilspun were fighting, wings wide and teeth snapping at each other, while below them the muted husk that had once been Forest lay still.

Uni ran and crouched to the still body. The other two Veilspun buzzed around his head, trading sharp remonstrations about whose fault the death had been, but Uni ignored them. He could still remember the shy, nervous dragon offering him those ribbons she had found.

He was not shocked. Not entirely. This was a risk that they had all known.

But nevertheless, he still grieved.
--
87417412_350.png

THANKS, PINKERTON. What even is this starting thing of pulls...seriously, a death streak before it's even been a WEEK?
[b]Day 7[/b] [item=Ambush] Oh come THE HELL ON. Wish this website didn't have a swear filter because I don't know how to express my feelings on this without swearing. AND IT HAD THE POSITIVE COINFLIP TOO. I STG... --- "Are you mad?!" Zvelas hissed. Berretton looked confused, of all things. "I don't..." "We are ancients!" "...Of course!" Some of Berretton's confidence seemed to be back. "And others pay us our rightful-" "Fool!" Zvelas snarled. "You understand nothing. Or was that what they told you back in The Deep? You really must be a fool to think that the three of us would be given equal consideration by the young ones as we would have with Uni with us. They do not care for mutated creatures like us, ones that aren't able to wear pretty ribbons and frolic with them." Berretton had no part in the blame for this-he had not been on the hunting party Forest was killed on or near the magical accident that took Uni's life, but nevertheless this was an opportunity to cut him down to size. "You-" Zvelas began, but was cut off. "Enough," said Tyrian. His crimson eyes were cold. "Zvelas, enough of your sniping. We will crystallize Uni, as the Arcanes prefer it to be, and then we will continue. Without trying to find someone to blame for any of this." The younger Veilspun's words were commanding and cold. --- [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/86185978][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/861860/86185978_350.png[/img][/url]
Day 7

Ambush
Oh come THE HELL ON.

Wish this website didn't have a swear filter because I don't know how to express my feelings on this without swearing.

AND IT HAD THE POSITIVE COINFLIP TOO. I STG...
---
"Are you mad?!" Zvelas hissed.

Berretton looked confused, of all things. "I don't..."

"We are ancients!"

"...Of course!" Some of Berretton's confidence seemed to be back. "And others pay us our rightful-"

"Fool!" Zvelas snarled. "You understand nothing. Or was that what they told you back in The Deep? You really must be a fool to think that the three of us would be given equal consideration by the young ones as we would have with Uni with us. They do not care for mutated creatures like us, ones that aren't able to wear pretty ribbons and frolic with them." Berretton had no part in the blame for this-he had not been on the hunting party Forest was killed on or near the magical accident that took Uni's life, but nevertheless this was an opportunity to cut him down to size. "You-" Zvelas began, but was cut off.

"Enough," said Tyrian. His crimson eyes were cold. "Zvelas, enough of your sniping. We will crystallize Uni, as the Arcanes prefer it to be, and then we will continue. Without trying to find someone to blame for any of this." The younger Veilspun's words were commanding and cold.
---

86185978_350.png
[b]Day 8[/b] [item=Tattered Interloper Scrap] ...At least it's not another battlestone? - The clan simmered with tension, barely held back. Zvelas, thatching the nest he had built in a alcove with brown beastclan-made fabric, looked out at it. Though a swarm were meant to nest together, Tyrian had risen above all of them-as he always seemed to think he would be-in an old Fae nest made of amber sap, while Berretton dwelt in luxurious apartments made for Imperials that he had widened out. How long could the two of them coexist? Two egos of that size-it would doubtlessly come to blows. And when it did... Zvelas would have to make a choice. So, as he thatched his nest, he considered this.
Day 8
Tattered Interloper Scrap
...At least it's not another battlestone?
-
The clan simmered with tension, barely held back. Zvelas, thatching the nest he had built in a alcove with brown beastclan-made fabric, looked out at it. Though a swarm were meant to nest together, Tyrian had risen above all of them-as he always seemed to think he would be-in an old Fae nest made of amber sap, while Berretton dwelt in luxurious apartments made for Imperials that he had widened out.

How long could the two of them coexist? Two egos of that size-it would doubtlessly come to blows. And when it did...

Zvelas would have to make a choice. So, as he thatched his nest, he considered this.
1 2