Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [HUB]Pinkerton's Plundered Nuzlocke v3.0
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
[center][font=papyrus][color=#343B40][size=7][b]Pinkerton's Plundered Nuzlocke[/b][/size][/color][/font][/center] [columns][color=#000000][size=4]Welcome to Pinkerton's Plunder Nuzlockes; or [i]'Pinkerlockes'[/i]. This is a creative challenge is aimed at surviving the Coliseum and building up a lair slowly. Much of it originates from Pokemon nuzlocke challenges, adapted into Flight Rising to give people a new kick for logging in daily. The original Flight Rising nuzlocke was [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1150203/1]created by noodlesthings[/url], leading to [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1525830]Tar to create Pinkerlockes[/url] and [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1722254]HSoup to pick it up[/url]. Today, we have this self-maintained hub for any and all Pinkerlockes! Feel free to discuss your own or update here on any interesting things that's happened in your challenge.[nextcol][nextcol][nextcol][img]http://orig12.deviantart.net/efa7/f/2016/175/d/1/npc_pinkerton_by_dogi_crimson-da7fzps.gif[/img][/columns] Thanks for playing! [center][font=papyrus][color=#343B40][size=7][b][url=https://discord.gg/7gBUHktvqu][u][color=#343B40]Pinkerton Nuzlocke Discord[/u][/url] [/b][/size][size=5][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/1904162/1#post_20965478][color=#343B40]F.A.Q. and Updates[/url][/size][/color][/font][/center] Pinkerlockes run off of [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/trading/pinkpile]daily drops from Pinkerton[/url]. I suggest you have an individual lair tab to keep your Pinkerlocke dragons separate; and don't worry if you miss a day or mess up your drops! It's a game, and making your own rules is part of the fun. [u][b]Basic Rules:[/b][/u] - Any death in the Coliseum means a death in actuality. The dragon must be exalted or retired from the Pinkerlocke entirely. - Loot that isn't a Pinkerton drop is not relevant to the Pinkerlocke. You may dress your dragons in anything you like. - Coliseum matches do not have to be consecutive. - Begin with two or three adult dragons. [u][b]Drop table:[/b][/u] [b]Food:[/b] The basics: enter the Coliseum! According to the table below, go through the amount of matches listed; it does not have to be all in a row! [i]Plants:[/i] 10-20 matches [i]Insects:[/i] 20-30 matches [i]Seafood:[/i] 30-40 matches [i]Meat:[/i] 40-50 matches - [i]Optional hardmode:[/i] All Coliseum teams must be chosen by a random number generator. The area entered must correspond to the highest level dragon in the group. You can quit any time to regen health, and fleeing is permitted. [b]Materials:[/b] A day for writing. While you can write for any portion of this, what are your dragons doing in their downtime? What's their latest battles, any hardships they might've faced, any newcomers to the group? If there's nothing new, how about some character introspection? Do any of them not have a biography? [b]Trinkets:[/b] Draw some art, whatever medium you want to use; even a simple doodle is good! What do your dragons look like? Their home? A battle? Any trinkets they have? Alternatively, spend some time compiling something related to them. A playlist? Pinterest board? What kind of outfits would they wear, do they follow any sort of teachings? What's their backstory before any of this, outside the Pinkerlocke? [b]Familiars:[/b] Buy the cheapest dragon in the AH of a specific breed, gems or treasure. Use a random number generator to determine which breed to get. [columns][b]1.[/b] Fae [b]2.[/b] Guardian [b]3.[/b] Mirror [b]4.[/b] Pearlcatcher [b]5.[/b] Ridgeback [b]6.[/b] Tundra[nextcol][nextcol][nextcol] [b]7.[/b] Spiral [b]8.[/b] Imperial [b]9.[/b] Snapper [b]10.[/b] Wildclaw [b]11.[/b] Nocturne [b]12.[/b] Coatl[nextcol][nextcol][nextcol] [b]13.[/b] Skydancer [b]14.[/b] Bogsneak [b]15.[/b] Obelisk [b]16.[/b] Gaoler [b]17.[/b] Banescale[nextcol][nextcol][nextcol] [b]18.[/b] Veilspun [b]19.[/b] Aberration [b]20.[/b] Undertide [b]21.[/b] Aether [b]22.[/b] Sandsurge[/columns] - [i]Optional easymode:[/i] Exclude hatchlings and/or ancient breeds. [b]Apparel:[/b] Breed two of your dragons. If you can't, you may either queue this for when it's possible or roll 1-4 for one of the food options. - [i]Optional hardmode:[/i] Flip a coin for every hatchling. Every tails means a dead hatchling that must be exalted or removed from the Pinkerlocke. [b]Battle Items:[/b] Chance for a death streak. Flip a coin; if heads, a death streak happens, and if tails, nothing happens. - [i]Death streak:[/i] Three dragons must be chosen through a random generator and go through a Coliseum area corresponding to the highest level in the party. 10 rounds must be completed consecutively; if a dragon dies, the death streak is over and no more rounds are required.
Pinkerton's Plundered Nuzlocke

Welcome to Pinkerton's Plunder Nuzlockes; or 'Pinkerlockes'. This is a creative challenge is aimed at surviving the Coliseum and building up a lair slowly. Much of it originates from Pokemon nuzlocke challenges, adapted into Flight Rising to give people a new kick for logging in daily. The original Flight Rising nuzlocke was created by noodlesthings, leading to Tar to create Pinkerlockes and HSoup to pick it up. Today, we have this self-maintained hub for any and all Pinkerlockes! Feel free to discuss your own or update here on any interesting things that's happened in your challenge. npc_pinkerton_by_dogi_crimson-da7fzps.gif

Thanks for playing!

Pinkerlockes run off of daily drops from Pinkerton. I suggest you have an individual lair tab to keep your Pinkerlocke dragons separate; and don't worry if you miss a day or mess up your drops! It's a game, and making your own rules is part of the fun.

Basic Rules:
- Any death in the Coliseum means a death in actuality. The dragon must be exalted or retired from the Pinkerlocke entirely.
- Loot that isn't a Pinkerton drop is not relevant to the Pinkerlocke. You may dress your dragons in anything you like.
- Coliseum matches do not have to be consecutive.
- Begin with two or three adult dragons.

Drop table:

Food: The basics: enter the Coliseum! According to the table below, go through the amount of matches listed; it does not have to be all in a row!
Plants: 10-20 matches
Insects: 20-30 matches
Seafood: 30-40 matches
Meat: 40-50 matches

- Optional hardmode: All Coliseum teams must be chosen by a random number generator. The area entered must correspond to the highest level dragon in the group. You can quit any time to regen health, and fleeing is permitted.

Materials: A day for writing. While you can write for any portion of this, what are your dragons doing in their downtime? What's their latest battles, any hardships they might've faced, any newcomers to the group? If there's nothing new, how about some character introspection? Do any of them not have a biography?

Trinkets: Draw some art, whatever medium you want to use; even a simple doodle is good! What do your dragons look like? Their home? A battle? Any trinkets they have?

Alternatively, spend some time compiling something related to them. A playlist? Pinterest board? What kind of outfits would they wear, do they follow any sort of teachings? What's their backstory before any of this, outside the Pinkerlocke?

Familiars: Buy the cheapest dragon in the AH of a specific breed, gems or treasure. Use a random number generator to determine which breed to get.
1. Fae
2. Guardian
3. Mirror
4. Pearlcatcher
5. Ridgeback
6. Tundra
7. Spiral
8. Imperial
9. Snapper
10. Wildclaw
11. Nocturne
12. Coatl
13. Skydancer
14. Bogsneak
15. Obelisk
16. Gaoler
17. Banescale
18. Veilspun
19. Aberration
20. Undertide
21. Aether
22. Sandsurge

- Optional easymode: Exclude hatchlings and/or ancient breeds.

Apparel: Breed two of your dragons. If you can't, you may either queue this for when it's possible or roll 1-4 for one of the food options.

- Optional hardmode: Flip a coin for every hatchling. Every tails means a dead hatchling that must be exalted or removed from the Pinkerlocke.

Battle Items: Chance for a death streak. Flip a coin; if heads, a death streak happens, and if tails, nothing happens.

- Death streak: Three dragons must be chosen through a random generator and go through a Coliseum area corresponding to the highest level in the party. 10 rounds must be completed consecutively; if a dragon dies, the death streak is over and no more rounds are required.
o6FGGwX.pngGWb9eUn.png
ElKYM7J.pngjh3xPp0.png
mlHpBMC.png6mVFIuV.png
nWiQNX9.pngFObX7rS.png

x6q41j.png
8X2ZJTK.png
[center][font=papyrus][color=#343B40][size=7][b]F.A.Q.[/b][/size][/color][/font][/center] [color=#CD0000][b]Q.[color=#343B40] Do I have to follow [i]all[/i] the rules as they are written?[/b][/color] [color=#CD0000][b]A.[/b][/color] The rules are meant to be customized; feel free to change or even remove certain rules if you don't like to play with them. [color=#CD0000][b]Q.[color=#343B40] What do I do if I miss a day?[/b][/color] [color=#CD0000][b]A[/b].[/color] Up to you! You can roll individually to add extra challenge to make up for it, or you can waive the day and skip it. Don't feel obligated to play catch up if you can't do it. [color=#CD0000][b]Q.[color=#343B40] Do I have to write a story to do a Pinkerlocke?[/b][/color] [color=#CD0000][b]A[/b].[/color] Nope! You can just do the drops without a storyline added. [color=#CD0000][b]Q.[color=#343B40] Where can I post my Pinkerlocke?[/b][/color] [color=#CD0000][b]A[/b].[/color] You should post your thread in the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc]Quests & Challenges[/url] forum now! Some have posted their's on tumblr. [color=#CD0000][b]Q.[color=#343B40] How do I link to specific posts?[/b][/color] [color=#CD0000][b]A[/b].[/color] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1585900/23#17028460]Here is a post on how to link to specific posts[/url]. • More to come as people ask questions. [center][font=papyrus][color=#343B40][size=7][b]UPDATES[/b][/size][/color][/font][/center] [list][*]4/5/2023 - Updated completely; the thread should look a lot cleaner and easier to parse. Added all ancient breeds and Obelisk. Removed broken images. Added Discord link. [*]5/30/2019 - Added the CrossPinkerlocke Challenge. [*]7/4/2017 - Added Misc. section for badges, buttons and other things! [*]5/9/2017 - Thread moved by Gaia to Quests & Challenges! [*]10/31/2016 - Added Bogsneaks as the 14th breed under the Familiar drops. If you can't afford it, roll again! [*]6/24/2016 - Created v3.0! I'm in the process of adding everyone to the spreadsheet.[/list] [center][font=papyrus][color=#343B40][size=7][b]MISC.[/b][/size][/color][/font][/center] [quote name="fvresym, StormwaterSiren, & AmericanFacepalm"]CrossPinkerlocke Play This is an altered ruleset designed for encouraging people to interact with the Pinkerlocke community! Running on discord, @fvresym, @StormwaterSiren and @AmericanFacepalm have developed a different way to play with other folks. With CrossPinkerlocke, rare drops now make you do something with a partner! See below for rules. Orange (5 star) and Red (shiny star) are considered rare for this challenge. [u]CrossPinkerlocke Rules[/u] [i]Replaces Rare Drops[/i] [b]Rare Drops - CrossPinkerlocke Play[/b] [b]Food[/b]: Joint Coliseum time with a partner. We will both go into the Coliseum separately, but the time is evenly split between us both. [b]Materials[/b]: Lore swap or gift with a partner. [b]Trinkets[/b]: Art swap or gift with a partner. [b]Familiars[/b]: Dragon swap with another Pinkerlocke. [b]Apparel[/b]: Nest with another Pinkerlocke. The mother of father that is loaned will be returned and if a hatchling survives, you flip a coin to see whose lair it goes to. [b]Battle Items[/b]: Joint Death Streak with a partner! Flip a coin. If heads, both partners will go into the Coliseum separately. The Death Streak follows normal Death Streak rules. The rounds are not split, so each partner will do 10 rounds in Coliseum. To find others playing under this ruleset, please visit the discord here!: https://discord.gg/duTXxu4[/quote] (Note: this discord is still up, but is mostly dead. The rules are still viable!)
F.A.Q.

Q. Do I have to follow all the rules as they are written?
A. The rules are meant to be customized; feel free to change or even remove certain rules if you don't like to play with them.

Q. What do I do if I miss a day?
A. Up to you! You can roll individually to add extra challenge to make up for it, or you can waive the day and skip it. Don't feel obligated to play catch up if you can't do it.

Q. Do I have to write a story to do a Pinkerlocke?
A. Nope! You can just do the drops without a storyline added.

Q. Where can I post my Pinkerlocke?
A. You should post your thread in the Quests & Challenges forum now! Some have posted their's on tumblr.

Q. How do I link to specific posts?
A. Here is a post on how to link to specific posts.

• More to come as people ask questions.

UPDATES

• 4/5/2023 - Updated completely; the thread should look a lot cleaner and easier to parse. Added all ancient breeds and Obelisk. Removed broken images. Added Discord link.
  • 5/30/2019 - Added the CrossPinkerlocke Challenge.
  • 7/4/2017 - Added Misc. section for badges, buttons and other things!
  • 5/9/2017 - Thread moved by Gaia to Quests & Challenges!
  • 10/31/2016 - Added Bogsneaks as the 14th breed under the Familiar drops. If you can't afford it, roll again!
  • 6/24/2016 - Created v3.0! I'm in the process of adding everyone to the spreadsheet.

MISC.
fvresym, StormwaterSiren, & AmericanFacepalm wrote:
CrossPinkerlocke Play

This is an altered ruleset designed for encouraging people to interact with the Pinkerlocke community! Running on discord, @fvresym, @StormwaterSiren and @AmericanFacepalm have developed a different way to play with other folks. With CrossPinkerlocke, rare drops now make you do something with a partner! See below for rules.

Orange (5 star) and Red (shiny star) are considered rare for this challenge.

CrossPinkerlocke Rules
Replaces Rare Drops
Rare Drops - CrossPinkerlocke Play
Food: Joint Coliseum time with a partner. We will both go into the Coliseum separately, but the time is evenly split between us both.
Materials: Lore swap or gift with a partner.
Trinkets: Art swap or gift with a partner.
Familiars: Dragon swap with another Pinkerlocke.
Apparel: Nest with another Pinkerlocke. The mother of father that is loaned will be returned and if a hatchling survives, you flip a coin to see whose lair it goes to.
Battle Items: Joint Death Streak with a partner! Flip a coin. If heads, both partners will go into the Coliseum separately. The Death Streak follows normal Death Streak rules. The rounds are not split, so each partner will do 10 rounds in Coliseum.

To find others playing under this ruleset, please visit the discord here!: https://discord.gg/duTXxu4

(Note: this discord is still up, but is mostly dead. The rules are still viable!)
o6FGGwX.pngGWb9eUn.png
ElKYM7J.pngjh3xPp0.png
mlHpBMC.png6mVFIuV.png
nWiQNX9.pngFObX7rS.png

x6q41j.png
8X2ZJTK.png
@Coolkid

the real question is

can i really be bothered writing this
@Coolkid

the real question is

can i really be bothered writing this
cQcx9mq.png q3Me7tJ.png BQZEXau.png hWPjBUy.png
@HSoup I figured you wanted to see the new thread! I just added everyone I could find in the original thread onto the spreadsheet, and I don't have EVERY Pinkerlocke that exists on there. Still, I tried!
@HSoup I figured you wanted to see the new thread! I just added everyone I could find in the original thread onto the spreadsheet, and I don't have EVERY Pinkerlocke that exists on there. Still, I tried!
o6FGGwX.pngGWb9eUn.png
ElKYM7J.pngjh3xPp0.png
mlHpBMC.png6mVFIuV.png
nWiQNX9.pngFObX7rS.png

x6q41j.png
8X2ZJTK.png
@Coolkid - I asked for mine to be locked so people will use this new one instead. You might want to add a link to that old thread in case someone wants to reference it for something. Thank you for taking over. =D

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1722254/1

@Coolkid - I asked for mine to be locked so people will use this new one instead. You might want to add a link to that old thread in case someone wants to reference it for something. Thank you for taking over. =D

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1722254/1

ruNnigQ.gif For
Sale
94206822.png.png87809713.png63776550.png
@Coolkid

I added myself to the spreadsheet, if that's okay!
@Coolkid

I added myself to the spreadsheet, if that's okay!
> Havic
> He/they/it
> Current avatar dragon
Gotta love that fresh new thread smell! Hmmm, better make the wrap up post for my old Pinkerlocke... and start prepping for my new Pinkerlocke. >3

By the way, you can have the title post double as a link! Might be a bit prettier. Mind if I mess around a bit with the spreadsheet? I love spreadsheets, you don't even understand. Love them.
Gotta love that fresh new thread smell! Hmmm, better make the wrap up post for my old Pinkerlocke... and start prepping for my new Pinkerlocke. >3

By the way, you can have the title post double as a link! Might be a bit prettier. Mind if I mess around a bit with the spreadsheet? I love spreadsheets, you don't even understand. Love them.
“blaireau’s
@blaireau

Go ahead, I love em too!
@blaireau

Go ahead, I love em too!
o6FGGwX.pngGWb9eUn.png
ElKYM7J.pngjh3xPp0.png
mlHpBMC.png6mVFIuV.png
nWiQNX9.pngFObX7rS.png

x6q41j.png
8X2ZJTK.png
I just started up my Pinkerlocke yesterday, added it to the sheet!
I just started up my Pinkerlocke yesterday, added it to the sheet!
WY9f4vu.jpg ‎‎‏‏‎ ‎ Ollie/Johnny - 21, he/they
‏‏‎ ‎ TIRED (college student)
‏‏‎ ‎ FR player since 2015
O58IfTZ.png
oaolHwW.png
feXtM27.png
UYXZLyE.png
tn0RSo5.pngsh5xjiu.pngeswSnrS.pngbYt72YT.pngcutkr0S.pnggziv3Ja.png
@winterreise
@winterreise
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13