Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [P] Glory Be a Goddess [100 Hatchlings]
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
[center][i]Adonis Nest #12[/i] I'm not sure I've ever felt this light in my entire life. I spent most of the past week helping out the Lightweaver's honored exalts with mostly menial tasks - fetching food and water, patching up encampments, patrolling nearby sometimes to make sure there wasn't any Beastclan interference - and I got to talk with some of the Arcanist's as well, and everyone pretty much agreed that the violence in the names of the gods is actually pretty minor. It exists, sure, and some of it is even sanctioned, but mostly? The gods are still a family, a group of brothers and sisters with unique histories and burdens, and they might bicker and argue but they still care about each other. So normally, you get events like what really happened this week: big civil projects no clan could tackle on their own, like digging a massive enchanted library out of the ground. They turned it into a friendly competition, even! No one's fighting over the contents, they just want to see who's better at the whole excavation thing, and more participants are showing up every day to help. They sent me back home when Argus started tugging on people's clothes and raising a fuss, and I'm so happy I listened to my little goblin in the first place. He really is always looking out for me - if this is what exaltation really looks like, I have no need to fear it anymore. Even if Mother tries to force me, so what? She doesn't walk anyone up to the Beacon herself - and no one there would actually make me see it through if I didn't want to join the Lightweaver's service. I could just leave, if I felt like it. But even if I did join, from all I'm hearing, I'd be matched to the tasks I'm most suited for, and what I want to do enters into that. No one could say for sure they'd seen any of my family, but I'm sure now they're all being allowed to find their passions and throw themselves into the world. Maybe some of them are using their combat training, but definitely not all. She doesn't know why I'm so much more positive and willing, but Mother is happy to see me not resisting her taking away my children so much anymore - and I still wish I could raise them myself, show them the whole world before closing them off into service, but it's not the death sentence into misery and war I thought it was, I'm certain they'll be treated with love once they wake up and climb the Beacon, so I'll accept it for the time being. I got the chance to hold my three new little girls - Radiel, Pseilan, Sairek - and kiss their little faces and give them names before seeing them carried off. At least this way, they'll never have to be around Mother very much, and they'll grow up knowing the truth of the goddess they're bound to. Though I do still need to talk to Chandarei about what I've seen and learned, before they come to any flawed conclusions about my change in attitude. It would be devastating to let them think I've actually come to agree with her views on the world. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/91009089][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/910091/91009089.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/91009090][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/910091/91009090.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/91009091][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/910091/91009091.png[/img][/url][/center]
Adonis Nest #12

I'm not sure I've ever felt this light in my entire life. I spent most of the past week helping out the Lightweaver's honored exalts with mostly menial tasks - fetching food and water, patching up encampments, patrolling nearby sometimes to make sure there wasn't any Beastclan interference - and I got to talk with some of the Arcanist's as well, and everyone pretty much agreed that the violence in the names of the gods is actually pretty minor. It exists, sure, and some of it is even sanctioned, but mostly? The gods are still a family, a group of brothers and sisters with unique histories and burdens, and they might bicker and argue but they still care about each other. So normally, you get events like what really happened this week: big civil projects no clan could tackle on their own, like digging a massive enchanted library out of the ground. They turned it into a friendly competition, even! No one's fighting over the contents, they just want to see who's better at the whole excavation thing, and more participants are showing up every day to help.

They sent me back home when Argus started tugging on people's clothes and raising a fuss, and I'm so happy I listened to my little goblin in the first place. He really is always looking out for me - if this is what exaltation really looks like, I have no need to fear it anymore. Even if Mother tries to force me, so what? She doesn't walk anyone up to the Beacon herself - and no one there would actually make me see it through if I didn't want to join the Lightweaver's service. I could just leave, if I felt like it. But even if I did join, from all I'm hearing, I'd be matched to the tasks I'm most suited for, and what I want to do enters into that. No one could say for sure they'd seen any of my family, but I'm sure now they're all being allowed to find their passions and throw themselves into the world. Maybe some of them are using their combat training, but definitely not all.

She doesn't know why I'm so much more positive and willing, but Mother is happy to see me not resisting her taking away my children so much anymore - and I still wish I could raise them myself, show them the whole world before closing them off into service, but it's not the death sentence into misery and war I thought it was, I'm certain they'll be treated with love once they wake up and climb the Beacon, so I'll accept it for the time being. I got the chance to hold my three new little girls - Radiel, Pseilan, Sairek - and kiss their little faces and give them names before seeing them carried off. At least this way, they'll never have to be around Mother very much, and they'll grow up knowing the truth of the goddess they're bound to. Though I do still need to talk to Chandarei about what I've seen and learned, before they come to any flawed conclusions about my change in attitude. It would be devastating to let them think I've actually come to agree with her views on the world.

91009089.png91009090.png91009091.png
dNCLmdm.pngThDXjzd.png
[center][i]Sucar Nest #10[/i] The world has very suddenly gone from moving dizzyingly fast to a dead standstill, and I for one am still kind of reeling from it. For a short summary, Adonis returned home in a remarkably good mood and confirmed for all of us the truth of the so-called battle he was sent to, and Mother... has taken it confusingly. She clearly doesn't believe him, but she likes the fact that he's become much more compliant in the aftermath, no longer fighting to keep his children. But then she discovered his compliance to be the symptom of no longer caring about the things she does. He's been refusing training, instead spending time with his mate and the twins he kept - she doesn't have the personal force to make him do it by hand, and Ashtara is siding with Adonis, saying the training demands have been excessive for quite a while. And with Cassandra dragging Maltri out of her clutches as well, hiding the both of them in the heart of Clan Scuridae where Mother cannot reach, she's doubled down again on her drive to throw her own children at the foot of the Beacon. I find it difficult to believe she's given up on her precious perfect son, but I'm more concerned with what I know she has to be getting up to where the rest of us aren't watching. There has to be more to this - I just don't know what it is. As for Feltia and our daughter Vetilia, they left clan territory a while ago. There was nothing terribly special about it - they simply didn't want to stay, so we said our goodbyes and parted ways. I hope they'll be able to stay together, wherever they land. Keeping good family close is a special privilege that's easy to lose and very hard to regain. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/91085462][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/910855/91085462.png[/img][/url][/center]
Sucar Nest #10

The world has very suddenly gone from moving dizzyingly fast to a dead standstill, and I for one am still kind of reeling from it. For a short summary, Adonis returned home in a remarkably good mood and confirmed for all of us the truth of the so-called battle he was sent to, and Mother... has taken it confusingly. She clearly doesn't believe him, but she likes the fact that he's become much more compliant in the aftermath, no longer fighting to keep his children.

But then she discovered his compliance to be the symptom of no longer caring about the things she does. He's been refusing training, instead spending time with his mate and the twins he kept - she doesn't have the personal force to make him do it by hand, and Ashtara is siding with Adonis, saying the training demands have been excessive for quite a while. And with Cassandra dragging Maltri out of her clutches as well, hiding the both of them in the heart of Clan Scuridae where Mother cannot reach, she's doubled down again on her drive to throw her own children at the foot of the Beacon. I find it difficult to believe she's given up on her precious perfect son, but I'm more concerned with what I know she has to be getting up to where the rest of us aren't watching. There has to be more to this - I just don't know what it is.

As for Feltia and our daughter Vetilia, they left clan territory a while ago. There was nothing terribly special about it - they simply didn't want to stay, so we said our goodbyes and parted ways. I hope they'll be able to stay together, wherever they land. Keeping good family close is a special privilege that's easy to lose and very hard to regain.

91085462.png
dNCLmdm.pngThDXjzd.png
[center][i]Nest #30 Vellus[/i] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/78742064][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/787421/78742064.png[/img][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/90539928][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/905400/90539928.png[/img][/url] I've chosen to save my words for this nest. Its two eggs will no doubt bring little more than disappointment; the One True Light will find some use for them, however trivial they'll prove to be. What I do to prepare them hardly matters. No, my focus right now is on something larger and older, a little traitor who's seen every back turned on me. I have plans for this brat, mark my words. I'll make good on this situation, one way or another. In some ways it's almost amusing. I've been rereading this journal since our conquest ended - I hardly recognize the woman writing the oldest entries. So bright-eyed, so full of hope and trust. What a fool she must have been. Weeping and worrying after every little life, too distracted with her hopes and prayers to even consider the bigger picture. A hundred children seemed so ambitious at the start. I could do this forever and still barely dent the number of exalted that flow in during a conquest like that. But far from being disheartened, this new knowledge motivates me. I've learned so many better ways of approaching my goal in the past year and a half; how much better a contributor would I become given another year and a half, even longer? My children will never measure up to the brilliance I'll be able to offer our Glorious Goddess myself. Each of them is to be a lesson to me, another wingbeat in the long flight to ascension. This is why I have a halo, and they don't. Not even my precious Adonis ever earned one. And now I doubt he ever will. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/nests/8/2.png[/img][/center]
Nest #30
Vellus

78742064.png90539928.png

I've chosen to save my words for this nest. Its two eggs will no doubt bring little more than disappointment; the One True Light will find some use for them, however trivial they'll prove to be. What I do to prepare them hardly matters. No, my focus right now is on something larger and older, a little traitor who's seen every back turned on me. I have plans for this brat, mark my words. I'll make good on this situation, one way or another.

In some ways it's almost amusing. I've been rereading this journal since our conquest ended - I hardly recognize the woman writing the oldest entries. So bright-eyed, so full of hope and trust. What a fool she must have been. Weeping and worrying after every little life, too distracted with her hopes and prayers to even consider the bigger picture. A hundred children seemed so ambitious at the start. I could do this forever and still barely dent the number of exalted that flow in during a conquest like that. But far from being disheartened, this new knowledge motivates me. I've learned so many better ways of approaching my goal in the past year and a half; how much better a contributor would I become given another year and a half, even longer? My children will never measure up to the brilliance I'll be able to offer our Glorious Goddess myself. Each of them is to be a lesson to me, another wingbeat in the long flight to ascension. This is why I have a halo, and they don't. Not even my precious Adonis ever earned one. And now I doubt he ever will.

2.png
dNCLmdm.pngThDXjzd.png
[center][i]Cassandra Nest #1 Justiciar[/i] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/90822439][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/908225/90822439.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/74264098][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/742641/74264098.png[/img][/url] It seems I was born just in time to be Burnbright's final witness, the observer of her true and complete downfall. She goes too far now - and that speaks volumes; I have always known the truth of her actions, a record placed in my mind on entry to this world by a goddess at her wit's end to make this madwoman stop. I will never call her my mother. No matter our blood, she has never and will never care for me - she's long lost the capability. But last night's incident truly does go too far. If she wasn't inherently past the point of no return by her sheer nature, she would certainly have crossed it now. We've considered her to have forcibly exalted almost eighty of my siblings, but for the first time, she crossed into the main body of clan territory and began an attempt to [i]physically[/i] forcibly drag Sucar off to the Beacon. I'm sure it started with more social or psychological pressures, but the clan at large only realized the problem when the fight broke out - when Burnbright dragged her son out of his lair with her tail around his neck, screaming about him being a traitor, a corrupter, of him always wanting to see her fail. Of course, Sucar is nearly twice her weight, so her getting even that far was mostly the product of surprise, but it's still unsettling to see her break so thoroughly as to finally turn violent. I wasn't far, of course. Maltri and I live close to Sucar and Psyche; we have a little family tree of our own, though Adonis of course lives elsewhere. The clan responded to the noise, of course, and I did too - but even as most of the clan started taking action, only driving her to scream assorted accusations even louder, I didn't do much more than wait on a nearby branch. It didn't take too long for Burnbright to see me, watching and waiting, and to falter - just enough for Sucar to yank himself free, burying himself in the crowd. I shook my head at her, quiet and disappointed, and told her this was not the path she had chosen. She left at that point, flying well past her normal living space. Though I'm sure she'll return soon. Even when she does, though, she's no longer welcome in the bulk of clan territory. They'll rescind the order eventually, as internal pressures to try and help her obviously ailing mind mount, but for now they'll meet physical pressure with physical pressure. And Psyche and I will be here, helping Sucar cope with the attempt to force him away. Hello, journal. Don't fret at the sudden start too much. I'm sure you'll catch up before too long. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/nests/8/4.png[/img][/center]
Cassandra Nest #1
Justiciar

90822439.png74264098.png

It seems I was born just in time to be Burnbright's final witness, the observer of her true and complete downfall. She goes too far now - and that speaks volumes; I have always known the truth of her actions, a record placed in my mind on entry to this world by a goddess at her wit's end to make this madwoman stop. I will never call her my mother. No matter our blood, she has never and will never care for me - she's long lost the capability.

But last night's incident truly does go too far. If she wasn't inherently past the point of no return by her sheer nature, she would certainly have crossed it now. We've considered her to have forcibly exalted almost eighty of my siblings, but for the first time, she crossed into the main body of clan territory and began an attempt to physically forcibly drag Sucar off to the Beacon. I'm sure it started with more social or psychological pressures, but the clan at large only realized the problem when the fight broke out - when Burnbright dragged her son out of his lair with her tail around his neck, screaming about him being a traitor, a corrupter, of him always wanting to see her fail. Of course, Sucar is nearly twice her weight, so her getting even that far was mostly the product of surprise, but it's still unsettling to see her break so thoroughly as to finally turn violent.

I wasn't far, of course. Maltri and I live close to Sucar and Psyche; we have a little family tree of our own, though Adonis of course lives elsewhere. The clan responded to the noise, of course, and I did too - but even as most of the clan started taking action, only driving her to scream assorted accusations even louder, I didn't do much more than wait on a nearby branch. It didn't take too long for Burnbright to see me, watching and waiting, and to falter - just enough for Sucar to yank himself free, burying himself in the crowd. I shook my head at her, quiet and disappointed, and told her this was not the path she had chosen. She left at that point, flying well past her normal living space. Though I'm sure she'll return soon.

Even when she does, though, she's no longer welcome in the bulk of clan territory. They'll rescind the order eventually, as internal pressures to try and help her obviously ailing mind mount, but for now they'll meet physical pressure with physical pressure. And Psyche and I will be here, helping Sucar cope with the attempt to force him away.

Hello, journal. Don't fret at the sudden start too much. I'm sure you'll catch up before too long.

4.png
dNCLmdm.pngThDXjzd.png
[center][i]Nest #30[/i] Witless clan of endless meddlers. A restriction on territory isn't going to stop me. It's going to be trivial to get that undone anyways - wait a month, make a show of looking lost and forlorn, left out in the cold on the cliffs - they're too spineless to resist taking someone like that in. It's downright pitiable. Or perhaps I'm just more clever than the average dragon. Fae are known for being rather intelligent, aren't we? Not that every Fae lives up to that. My worthless son - he can't even be called that anymore - the useless bundle of bones that crawled out of one of my eggs and fooled me into thinking he had a divine blessing. Fine. If he's surrounded himself with brain-dead muscle that can't recognize an agent of the Glory when she comes for them, then he's so far beyond worthless there's no point in trying to turn him into even a half-functional tool. He's gone from me now, and that Psyche, who helps care for him even now. All I'll have left are Adonis and Cassandra - they'll just need a little extra teaching, I'm sure. Adonis wouldn't turn on me like the others. He's just affected by the battle he witnessed - and [i]ha![/i] There's no chance the only conflict was over a dull library. No, there was true combat, and he must have seen it - it's the only reason he would break from me like this, if he thinks he's seen more than me, if he thinks there's not much left I can do to help him realize his most Glorious self. I'll show him. And I'll show Cassandra - [i]not the path I chose.[/i] What does she know of paths and choosing? She's a newborn, barely out of infancy. She just needs to be taught the ways of the world, that's all. The two pathetic creatures I've hatched now are barely worth a mention. But I've named them Hakti and Zolven, a girl and a boy. I'll send them off hand in hand, for whatever our glorious goddess decides to do with them. They do have one credit - no twisted lessons to unlearn. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/91332853][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/913329/91332853.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/91332854][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/913329/91332854.png[/img][/url][/center]
Nest #30

Witless clan of endless meddlers. A restriction on territory isn't going to stop me. It's going to be trivial to get that undone anyways - wait a month, make a show of looking lost and forlorn, left out in the cold on the cliffs - they're too spineless to resist taking someone like that in. It's downright pitiable. Or perhaps I'm just more clever than the average dragon. Fae are known for being rather intelligent, aren't we?

Not that every Fae lives up to that. My worthless son - he can't even be called that anymore - the useless bundle of bones that crawled out of one of my eggs and fooled me into thinking he had a divine blessing. Fine. If he's surrounded himself with brain-dead muscle that can't recognize an agent of the Glory when she comes for them, then he's so far beyond worthless there's no point in trying to turn him into even a half-functional tool. He's gone from me now, and that Psyche, who helps care for him even now. All I'll have left are Adonis and Cassandra - they'll just need a little extra teaching, I'm sure. Adonis wouldn't turn on me like the others. He's just affected by the battle he witnessed - and ha! There's no chance the only conflict was over a dull library. No, there was true combat, and he must have seen it - it's the only reason he would break from me like this, if he thinks he's seen more than me, if he thinks there's not much left I can do to help him realize his most Glorious self. I'll show him. And I'll show Cassandra - not the path I chose. What does she know of paths and choosing? She's a newborn, barely out of infancy. She just needs to be taught the ways of the world, that's all.

The two pathetic creatures I've hatched now are barely worth a mention. But I've named them Hakti and Zolven, a girl and a boy. I'll send them off hand in hand, for whatever our glorious goddess decides to do with them. They do have one credit - no twisted lessons to unlearn.

91332853.png91332854.png
dNCLmdm.pngThDXjzd.png
[center][i]Cassandra Nest #1[/i] Things have progressed predictably since my previous entry. Burnbright is overtly demonstrating how cold, lonely, and hungry she is on the seaside cliffs by herself, though Orphisa is of course bringing her food and company on a regular basis. He's been specifically ordered not to visit daily, so he alternates two and three-day wait times. I find it curious that he was never recalled to divine service when his mission to gently sway Burnbright away from her twisted path very obviously failed - he seems more like an enabler at this point. Perhaps he's simply happy like this. I was not informed of the reasoning behind every act of intervention and abstinence. My brother has been taking a break from his courier work to recover from being assaulted in the middle of the night - the clan is very understanding of how badly shaken he is, and I have of course been perfectly ready to bring him meals of his own when he doesn't wish to leave his home. More often, though, he prefers to spend as long as possible buried in the heart of clan activity, where anyone can protect him at a moment's notice. Alternatively, his effective mate has brought him on a few hunting trips, with reduced catches but higher spirits on return. I'm somewhat impressed at how social he's managed to be. His enchanted spectacles must be doing wonders for his tolerance of other dragons. I've had my first nest of children, but perhaps I do share one trait with the witch who bore me - I find it challenging to feel a connection to these tiny things, no matter how many times I tell myself they will be ill-served by my lack of care. Neglect, too, is unhealthy. But I have given them names - Kori, Dalen, Vulra, and Seldiv - and I will submit them to the care of the clan, as those not so unfortunate as to have been born to Burnbright's family tend to operate. Those dragons who feel a drive to care for the young will love them, in time, and they will have full license to pursue whatever lives suit them best. Perhaps the greatest kindness I can give my children is freedom from our family line. With even a small amount of fortune, they will never need to account to their grandmother's ambitions even in passing. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/91517255][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/915173/91517255.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/91517256][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/915173/91517256.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/91517257][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/915173/91517257.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/91517258][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/915173/91517258.png[/img][/url][/center]
Cassandra Nest #1

Things have progressed predictably since my previous entry. Burnbright is overtly demonstrating how cold, lonely, and hungry she is on the seaside cliffs by herself, though Orphisa is of course bringing her food and company on a regular basis. He's been specifically ordered not to visit daily, so he alternates two and three-day wait times. I find it curious that he was never recalled to divine service when his mission to gently sway Burnbright away from her twisted path very obviously failed - he seems more like an enabler at this point. Perhaps he's simply happy like this. I was not informed of the reasoning behind every act of intervention and abstinence.

My brother has been taking a break from his courier work to recover from being assaulted in the middle of the night - the clan is very understanding of how badly shaken he is, and I have of course been perfectly ready to bring him meals of his own when he doesn't wish to leave his home. More often, though, he prefers to spend as long as possible buried in the heart of clan activity, where anyone can protect him at a moment's notice. Alternatively, his effective mate has brought him on a few hunting trips, with reduced catches but higher spirits on return. I'm somewhat impressed at how social he's managed to be. His enchanted spectacles must be doing wonders for his tolerance of other dragons.

I've had my first nest of children, but perhaps I do share one trait with the witch who bore me - I find it challenging to feel a connection to these tiny things, no matter how many times I tell myself they will be ill-served by my lack of care. Neglect, too, is unhealthy. But I have given them names - Kori, Dalen, Vulra, and Seldiv - and I will submit them to the care of the clan, as those not so unfortunate as to have been born to Burnbright's family tend to operate. Those dragons who feel a drive to care for the young will love them, in time, and they will have full license to pursue whatever lives suit them best. Perhaps the greatest kindness I can give my children is freedom from our family line. With even a small amount of fortune, they will never need to account to their grandmother's ambitions even in passing.

91517255.png91517256.png91517257.png91517258.png
dNCLmdm.pngThDXjzd.png
[center][i]Nest #31 Sulien[/i] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/78742064][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/787421/78742064.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/90996764][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/909968/90996764.png[/img][/url] Well, I'll say one thing for these meddlers, they are remarkably resolute so far. Or perhaps it's our compromise that's making this take so long - on the plea of the most recent pilgrim in my line, they've allowed me use of the clan's nesting ground, and on plea of Orphisa they've extended me food, but for all other purposes I'm alone on these cliffs. Rewardingly and frustratingly, they do seem to be keeping a watch on me - my efforts aren't being wasted, but I have time for no other plans. That's fine, though. I have plenty of time for thinking, and I know what I need to do next. Nothing can progress until I'm allowed back into the clan proper. And that shouldn't take much more time. It really is cold to stand in the ocean breeze day in and day out, and that ends all my other acting an air of legitimacy - I've had some of the pirates extend an offer of some protection from the wind, and as disgusting as it is to accept any assistance from such lowlifes, it's very promising overall. Perhaps they'll see this as me accepting humility into my heart. What emotional fools they are. At any rate, I've had another trio of eggs, another step in my plan. I've named them Aliren, Kotura, and Salgor - two Fae and a Guardian - and their father will place them in hibernation for me. He intends to submit himself to sleep today anyways - I made it very clear that this was important to avoiding suspicion, and I can only trust that he will have listened. I dislike trusting others so thoroughly, but sometimes it proves itself necessary. Ah, well. I'll be able to resume work myself before long. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/91868357][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/918684/91868357.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/91868358][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/918684/91868358.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/91868359][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/918684/91868359.png[/img][/url][/center]
Nest #31
Sulien

78742064.png90996764.png

Well, I'll say one thing for these meddlers, they are remarkably resolute so far. Or perhaps it's our compromise that's making this take so long - on the plea of the most recent pilgrim in my line, they've allowed me use of the clan's nesting ground, and on plea of Orphisa they've extended me food, but for all other purposes I'm alone on these cliffs. Rewardingly and frustratingly, they do seem to be keeping a watch on me - my efforts aren't being wasted, but I have time for no other plans. That's fine, though. I have plenty of time for thinking, and I know what I need to do next. Nothing can progress until I'm allowed back into the clan proper. And that shouldn't take much more time. It really is cold to stand in the ocean breeze day in and day out, and that ends all my other acting an air of legitimacy - I've had some of the pirates extend an offer of some protection from the wind, and as disgusting as it is to accept any assistance from such lowlifes, it's very promising overall. Perhaps they'll see this as me accepting humility into my heart. What emotional fools they are.

At any rate, I've had another trio of eggs, another step in my plan. I've named them Aliren, Kotura, and Salgor - two Fae and a Guardian - and their father will place them in hibernation for me. He intends to submit himself to sleep today anyways - I made it very clear that this was important to avoiding suspicion, and I can only trust that he will have listened. I dislike trusting others so thoroughly, but sometimes it proves itself necessary. Ah, well. I'll be able to resume work myself before long.

91868357.png91868358.png91868359.png
dNCLmdm.pngThDXjzd.png
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14