Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | A Veilspun Plushie Adventure!
[size=4]Ok, so, I saw [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2937525/1]this thread[/url] today and instantly knew what my summer project was going to be. The sole permababy currently in my lair is a Veilspun named Lilyanna (pictured below) and I plan to recreate her as best I can using the pattern and tutorial @Fornara so kindly posted last year. I’ve made a thread here on the forums because I know that if I do this alone I’ll get halfway through and then give up, because My Brain Sucks[sup]TM[/sup]. So to help hold me accountable, I’m going to do my best to update this thread regularly with notes, progress pics, and more! I’d love some encouragement and moral support from this lovely playerbase— that means YOU! Yes, you, come tell me what you think, encourage me, nag me, remind me to update, spam me with pings if I go quiet for too long— whatever you like! I’m super excited to get started with this project, and I hope you guys will have fun following along as I work on it. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/67350832][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/673509/67350832_350.png[/img][/url]
Ok, so, I saw this thread today and instantly knew what my summer project was going to be. The sole permababy currently in my lair is a Veilspun named Lilyanna (pictured below) and I plan to recreate her as best I can using the pattern and tutorial @Fornara so kindly posted last year.

I’ve made a thread here on the forums because I know that if I do this alone I’ll get halfway through and then give up, because My Brain SucksTM. So to help hold me accountable, I’m going to do my best to update this thread regularly with notes, progress pics, and more! I’d love some encouragement and moral support from this lovely playerbase— that means YOU! Yes, you, come tell me what you think, encourage me, nag me, remind me to update, spam me with pings if I go quiet for too long— whatever you like! I’m super excited to get started with this project, and I hope you guys will have fun following along as I work on it.

67350832_350.png
IMG_4595.png
image1.png
5hF3FGk.png
image0.png
image0.png
image3.png
Materials
For the main fabric, I chose a very dark brown fuzzy moleskine-type material. It was the closest in feel to the ‘minky’ stuff that the tutorial suggested, but I quickly discovered that it frays like hell, with threads slipping out if I stitch to close to the edge. The reverse side is smooth, satiny black, which will come in handy for accents.
For secondary and accent fabrics, I picked a light brown stretchy knit fabric, some black linen, and green fleece. The green is pretty ugly but it was the only shade they had, unfortunately.
I already had some black wool (100% Merino) lying around as I’m in the middle of knitting my mother a scarf. This will make up the bulk of Lilyanna’s mane. I’ve also acquired some grey yarn for the extra hair that comes with her tertiary gene (mop). It’s a cheap wool/acrylic blend and I’m not sure how well it will fluff up… I can always find some better quality if it doesn’t work out, I guess.
Materials
For the main fabric, I chose a very dark brown fuzzy moleskine-type material. It was the closest in feel to the ‘minky’ stuff that the tutorial suggested, but I quickly discovered that it frays like hell, with threads slipping out if I stitch to close to the edge. The reverse side is smooth, satiny black, which will come in handy for accents.
For secondary and accent fabrics, I picked a light brown stretchy knit fabric, some black linen, and green fleece. The green is pretty ugly but it was the only shade they had, unfortunately.
I already had some black wool (100% Merino) lying around as I’m in the middle of knitting my mother a scarf. This will make up the bulk of Lilyanna’s mane. I’ve also acquired some grey yarn for the extra hair that comes with her tertiary gene (mop). It’s a cheap wool/acrylic blend and I’m not sure how well it will fluff up… I can always find some better quality if it doesn’t work out, I guess.
IMG_4595.png
image1.png
5hF3FGk.png
image0.png
image0.png
image3.png
Res
Res
IMG_4595.png
image1.png
5hF3FGk.png
image0.png
image0.png
image3.png
Res
Res
IMG_4595.png
image1.png
5hF3FGk.png
image0.png
image0.png
image3.png
I’m still coding and prettying up the thread, but feel free to post away!
I’m still coding and prettying up the thread, but feel free to post away!
IMG_4595.png
image1.png
5hF3FGk.png
image0.png
image0.png
image3.png
Mods, if you see this, can it please be moved to creative corner? I’m not sure how to do that. Thanks!
Mods, if you see this, can it please be moved to creative corner? I’m not sure how to do that. Thanks!
IMG_4595.png
image1.png
5hF3FGk.png
image0.png
image0.png
image3.png