Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] Legacy
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17 18
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3007918#post_47530571]Back[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3007918/7#post_50238684]Previous[/url] ------ @Averat @Saphira455 @SecondToLast @draconicelestial @Petall @Takadimi --------- [u][b]Entry 32: A New Alliance[/b][/u] [item=merry melon] [i]Coliseum, 15 rounds[/i] ----------- "Aloha, I appreciate your input but the fact of the matter is I can't in good conscience change that law. Why would you want to, anyways?" Iraulie said, pinching her nose in frustration. Aloha opened her mouth, but Iraulie cut her off. "No, don't answer, I know you've already said why. Just… No. I'm not going to let you lower the age requirement for joining Coliseum tournaments." "Does anyone else have anything constructive to bring up before I end this meeting?" Iraulie said, knowing the answer before Dual said anything because of the way he shifted uncomfortably. "My Monarch?" "Yes, Dual?" "Athanor requests your presence in three days so that our standing is verified." "Granted. Anything else?" No one said anything. "Meeting adjourned." "Actually, Bladetail, can you stay behind?" Iraulie said suddenly, a decision made. Bladetail nodded nervously, and the two black and green spirals waited as the rest of the Council filed out of the grand hall. "Am I in trouble?" Bladetail's anxiety about being told to stay was palpable. Iraulie winced, stopping the thought spiral before it began. "No, no. I just-" She could already feel heat rising to her cheeks. Curse her heart. "Just- Uh. Well." She ducked her head. "Can we go out together?" Iraulie looked up, her golem following her example and fluttering like the butterflies she swore were in her stomach over her head. Bladetail's answer wasn't one. "Why me?" The question floored Iraulie. "Why not you? You're one of the kindest dragons I've ever met." She asked, incredulous. "You take care of plants like dragons, and dragons even better! You're warmer than I could ever imagine being, and you do your best to help even when you're not good at it. I mean, you're even on the Council! And you're pushing your boundaries to do that so the dragons under you don't get ignored. That takes heart, Bladetail." While Bladetail visibly processed the mini-rant Iraulie's disobedient mouth had decided to go on, Iraulie had an epiphany. [i]Oh.[/i] She realized, flushing. [i]That's why I like her.[/i] Eventually, Bladetail's brain started working again. "Uh, sure. Yeah. I'll- uh- go out with you." "Why?" Iraulie said, immediately regretting the question. Bladetail only snorted. "You're… pretty cool too." Iraulie grinned widely, euphoria clear. "Thank you!" She rushed forward, before remembering something. "Can I hug you?" Bladetail nodded. "Mhm." Iraulie, despite them both being spirals, managed to lift Bladetail off the ground when they hugged each other. She wanted this moment to last forever, but of course, something had to interrupt it. "Uh, My Monarch?" The two blushing spirals snapped their heads around and scrambled out of their hug when they noticed the dragon in the doorway. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/48298716][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=48298716&skin=0&apparel=22168,12914,12907,12921,28790,20579,12935,12928&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] "Why are you here?" Iraulie hissed out. "Sorry! I thought the meeting was over." The green spiral held up her claws in surrender. Bladetail nervously rubbed her plant, but Iraulie noticed she didn't seem too anxious to have another dragon walk in on them. She likely knew this spiral. "You're a scout, yes?" The spiral nodded. "Dutiful! Name's the game! I've brought news and was told to wait until the Council was done." Iraulie turned to Bladetail. "Do you want to wait for me somewhere or-" "No, we're friends. Can I stay?" Iraulie started at the interruption from the usually hesitant spiral, but realized them confessing had probably boosted her confidence somewhat. "Yes." "So, what's the news?" Dutiful shuffled through her bag, and Iraulie was sure she caught a rough sketch of a very large tree on a loose leaf of paper. Before she could confirm it, her view was blocked by the scout pulling out a notebook. "Here we go!" Flipping through the pages, Dutiful clicked her tongue, and finally found what she was looking for. "The Refuge, a clan in Nature, requests an alliance with Pnhkah for general assistance. They are a small clan, but due to their location and circumstances written further in the report, I recommend we agree." Dutiful finished with a tap of her claws against the paper before looking up at Iraulie, who was wide-eyed. "'Course, I wrote this after I met with their leader not knowing Darkling's daughter wasn't the Monarch but…" Dutiful shrugged awkwardly, making a stuttering-thumping gesture with a fisted claw against her chest. "Ya know." Iraulie grimaced at the failing heartbeat metaphor. "Sorry, off subject. But they are asking for an alliance. What do you say, My Monarch?" Iraulie thought for a moment. [i]A new alliance is difficult to get together. It was even for Darkling. And this is a new clan, too.[/i] She twiddled her claws, looking at her new partner. [i]But today seems like a day for good things. So perhaps this is one.[/i] "Yes. Come back tomorrow morning so we can talk about this more." Iraulie sighed after Dutiful and, eventually, Bladetail left. The day had been eventful for so many reasons. ---------- [b]Team this time was:[/b] Arturo, Code, and Aleta! [b]Important events:[/b] Code and Arturo reached level 3! In this chapter, we have Iraulie being a nervous bisexual, Bladetail a slightly-more-confident bisexual, and news of the first major alliance since Darkling's Reign! Hooray! The clan mentioned here, The Refuge, is from @Petall's pinkerlocke 'Beneath the Boughs!' I highly recommend you go check it out, and I'm honored to have our clans be allies. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3079103][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/7695adf60044afd01aa1981dcb1085ad/f97fee097906a63c-8d/s250x250_c1/080bbd9fada7072d9aefb59cf64fc35108b0efc2.png[/img][/url] With that being said, the unused post on the first page finally has a use! [b][u]Alliances[/u][/b] are going there some time after this post. I'm not currently open to more alliances, but one day I will be. So, soon, the table of contents will expand! That should be all! Have a great rest of your day/night/whatever![/center] ----------- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3007918/8#post_50267217]Next[/url][/center]
Back | Previous
@Averat @Saphira455 @SecondToLast @draconicelestial @Petall @Takadimi
Entry 32: A New Alliance
Merry Melon
Coliseum, 15 rounds
"Aloha, I appreciate your input but the fact of the matter is I can't in good conscience change that law. Why would you want to, anyways?" Iraulie said, pinching her nose in frustration. Aloha opened her mouth, but Iraulie cut her off. "No, don't answer, I know you've already said why. Just… No. I'm not going to let you lower the age requirement for joining Coliseum tournaments."

"Does anyone else have anything constructive to bring up before I end this meeting?" Iraulie said, knowing the answer before Dual said anything because of the way he shifted uncomfortably. "My Monarch?" "Yes, Dual?" "Athanor requests your presence in three days so that our standing is verified." "Granted. Anything else?" No one said anything. "Meeting adjourned."

"Actually, Bladetail, can you stay behind?" Iraulie said suddenly, a decision made. Bladetail nodded nervously, and the two black and green spirals waited as the rest of the Council filed out of the grand hall.

"Am I in trouble?" Bladetail's anxiety about being told to stay was palpable. Iraulie winced, stopping the thought spiral before it began. "No, no. I just-" She could already feel heat rising to her cheeks. Curse her heart. "Just- Uh. Well." She ducked her head. "Can we go out together?" Iraulie looked up, her golem following her example and fluttering like the butterflies she swore were in her stomach over her head.

Bladetail's answer wasn't one. "Why me?" The question floored Iraulie. "Why not you? You're one of the kindest dragons I've ever met." She asked, incredulous. "You take care of plants like dragons, and dragons even better! You're warmer than I could ever imagine being, and you do your best to help even when you're not good at it. I mean, you're even on the Council! And you're pushing your boundaries to do that so the dragons under you don't get ignored. That takes heart, Bladetail."

While Bladetail visibly processed the mini-rant Iraulie's disobedient mouth had decided to go on, Iraulie had an epiphany. Oh. She realized, flushing. That's why I like her. Eventually, Bladetail's brain started working again. "Uh, sure. Yeah. I'll- uh- go out with you." "Why?" Iraulie said, immediately regretting the question. Bladetail only snorted. "You're… pretty cool too." Iraulie grinned widely, euphoria clear. "Thank you!" She rushed forward, before remembering something. "Can I hug you?" Bladetail nodded. "Mhm." Iraulie, despite them both being spirals, managed to lift Bladetail off the ground when they hugged each other. She wanted this moment to last forever, but of course, something had to interrupt it.

"Uh, My Monarch?" The two blushing spirals snapped their heads around and scrambled out of their hug when they noticed the dragon in the doorway.

dragon?did=48298716&skin=0&apparel=22168,12914,12907,12921,28790,20579,12935,12928&xt=dressing.png

"Why are you here?" Iraulie hissed out. "Sorry! I thought the meeting was over." The green spiral held up her claws in surrender. Bladetail nervously rubbed her plant, but Iraulie noticed she didn't seem too anxious to have another dragon walk in on them. She likely knew this spiral. "You're a scout, yes?" The spiral nodded. "Dutiful! Name's the game! I've brought news and was told to wait until the Council was done." Iraulie turned to Bladetail. "Do you want to wait for me somewhere or-" "No, we're friends. Can I stay?" Iraulie started at the interruption from the usually hesitant spiral, but realized them confessing had probably boosted her confidence somewhat. "Yes."

"So, what's the news?" Dutiful shuffled through her bag, and Iraulie was sure she caught a rough sketch of a very large tree on a loose leaf of paper. Before she could confirm it, her view was blocked by the scout pulling out a notebook. "Here we go!" Flipping through the pages, Dutiful clicked her tongue, and finally found what she was looking for. "The Refuge, a clan in Nature, requests an alliance with Pnhkah for general assistance. They are a small clan, but due to their location and circumstances written further in the report, I recommend we agree."

Dutiful finished with a tap of her claws against the paper before looking up at Iraulie, who was wide-eyed. "'Course, I wrote this after I met with their leader not knowing Darkling's daughter wasn't the Monarch but…" Dutiful shrugged awkwardly, making a stuttering-thumping gesture with a fisted claw against her chest. "Ya know." Iraulie grimaced at the failing heartbeat metaphor. "Sorry, off subject. But they are asking for an alliance. What do you say, My Monarch?"

Iraulie thought for a moment. A new alliance is difficult to get together. It was even for Darkling. And this is a new clan, too. She twiddled her claws, looking at her new partner. But today seems like a day for good things. So perhaps this is one. "Yes. Come back tomorrow morning so we can talk about this more."

Iraulie sighed after Dutiful and, eventually, Bladetail left. The day had been eventful for so many reasons.
Team this time was: Arturo, Code, and Aleta!
Important events: Code and Arturo reached level 3!

In this chapter, we have Iraulie being a nervous bisexual, Bladetail a slightly-more-confident bisexual, and news of the first major alliance since Darkling's Reign! Hooray! The clan mentioned here, The Refuge, is from @Petall's pinkerlocke 'Beneath the Boughs!' I highly recommend you go check it out, and I'm honored to have our clans be allies.

080bbd9fada7072d9aefb59cf64fc35108b0efc2.png

With that being said, the unused post on the first page finally has a use! Alliances are going there some time after this post. I'm not currently open to more alliances, but one day I will be. So, soon, the table of contents will expand!

That should be all! Have a great rest of your day/night/whatever!

WOOOT!!! THE ALLIANCE IS SETTLED!!!! SO EXCITING!!!!
WOOOT!!! THE ALLIANCE IS SETTLED!!!! SO EXCITING!!!!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall Yeah!
@Petall Yeah!
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3007918#post_47530571]Back[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3007918/8#post_50257756]Previous[/url] --------- @Averat @Saphira455 @SecondToLast @draconicelestial @Petall @Takadimi --------- [u][b]Entry 33: Shift Over[/b][/u] [item=greater plantain] [i]Coliseum, 15 rounds[/i] -------- "I hate you." Aleta laughed at Arturo's gruff words, punching the tired tundra on his wing. "No you don't!" Arturo sighed, readjusting his hood. "No, I don't." After Aleta had run off in the market, the two tundras had had a few more talks during the day, Aleta trying to assure Arturo that she wasn't going to act above the other janitors, and Arturo slowly realizing that she wasn't what he thought she was. There was too much to be solved in just one day, of course, but things weren't as bad as either thought it was going to be. Even with Aleta turning every walking distance into a race. "Hey, Aleta?" Aleta 'mrrp?'ed at Arturo's question as they walked inside of the Coliseum, shaking off the ash that had accumulated in their fur throughout the day. Arturo seemed nervous as they kept walking, passing other janitors that had got actual cleaning jobs inside of the Coliseum. "Thank you." "For what?" Arturo stopped walking, Aleta following his example, the mood suddenly serious again. "For proving me wrong. I've kind of felt useless most of my life. Born alone, live alone, die alone is how I thought it was going to go. But…" He huffed. "If you keep insisting on trying to be my friend, I just might have someone." Aleta grinned. "Then you have someone. Come on!" Arturo's eyes widened. "Don't you dare r-" But Aleta was already charging down the hallway, nearly crashing into several dragons. Arturo watched, stunned, as she tripped and fell before scrambling up and turning a corner with just as little hesitation. "She's going to be the death of me." He whispered. [b]==========[/b] "My Monarch?" Iraulie looked up from the paperwork she was working on. Robo was standing at her door, claws resting against the frame he'd knocked on. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/26844246][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=26844246&skin=0&apparel=2596,2958,4004,938,740,1253&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] "Why are you in here? I told Medusa that I wasn't to be disturbed for the rest of the day unless it was an emergency." She hissed, irritated at the interruption of her work flow. Robo flinched. "My Monarch, this qualifies." Iraulie stared, a sinking feeling taking hold of her. "What is it?" Robo stepped forward into her room, and pulled out a quickly scribbled report, voice shaking as he read it. "Three hours ago, at sunset, an explosion occurred within the personal office of Laboratory Director Code. Guard Protocol was alerted by the sound, and ran in to check on the Director. She discovered a destroyed room and-" Robo choked. The feeling got worse. "And the dead body of the Director. Two minutes later, I ran in, and found Protocol trying to wake her up." Iraulie's eyes widened as he continued. "I pulled her off, and called in other Guards as I took her to her room. Code's body has been stored properly, and awaits appraisal by a healer before cremation." Robo was having trouble reading by the end, Iraulie could tell by the tears in his eyes. "The explosion appears accidental, but confirmation is still underway. With this death, the Laboratory no longer has the required number of dragons to properly maintain its position on the Council, and requests we be removed as soon as is reasonable. End report." "Robo, I'm so sorry." Iraulie said, standing. Robo waved her off, throat tight. "I'll be fine, My Monarch. It's her sister I'm worried about." He left the report on the closest shelf, and exited as quickly as he could without being rude. Iraulie had been having one of the best days of her life until she had heard that. Carefully, evaluating her own emotions, she grabbed the report, and read through it. It was written exactly as Robo had said it, except that it was in third person. She put it back down, deciding she was done with work for the day. Iraulie flopped on her bed, head full of questions about how Code could've let that happen until she had a realization. In a way, it almost made sense. Argal had been the only one who could reel her in. Iraulie was the only one who kept Code's lab clean, since she didn't and got angry at anyone who did. Still, though, Iraulie thought Code was more careful than that. She sighed. Iraulie would miss her old boss, but it didn't really hurt her since they hadn't been close. She did wonder, though, how Protocol had reacted. [b]==========[/b] Protocol sat by her window, eyes still burning from tears. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/47086609][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=47086609&skin=0&apparel=8598,9815,9448,18800,716,8812&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] Her gaze was not on the lights of Pnhkah, visible through the still falling ash-snow, but the project Code had excitedly presented her with that morning. [i]Code burst in, Protocol's door slamming loudly against the metal wall, and startling her into nearly dropping her claw-gloves. "Proto! I did it!" Protocol flinched when Code yelled, pacing feverishly around the room. "What did you do, and why couldn't it wait until I was actually awake?" She said, twisting her claw in and out of one of her ears as it recovered from the loud noise. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/28091636][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=28091636&skin=0&apparel=27201&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] "This!" Code shouted triumphantly, shoving something metallic in Protocol's face. Protocol shut her eyes, and finally put on her claw-glove. "Out of the face." "Yeah, yeah. Look!" Protocol opened her eyes to see what Code was barely keeping herself in place about. "... Code." Code nodded so fast Protocol wondered how she didn't get whiplash. "Code, that's an egg." "I know, right!?" Code screeched in her face, still gripping the Lightning egg tightly between her stormclaw covered claws. "I did it!" Protocol's face twisted uncomfortably. "Code, I thought you didn't want hatchlings?" "I don't! It's not mine!" Before Protocol - who was rightly stunned - could say anything, Code put the egg down on Protocol's dresser and pulled out a paper from nowhere, grabbing her sister and forcing her to look. "I didn't steal it either!" The paper, which Protocol could swear was a napkin from the cafe near the laboratory, had so many scribblings on it that Protocol, who was usually quite adept at interpreting her sister's work, couldn't understand a word. Luckily, Code explained it. "I made a machine that gathers elemental energy and makes eggs!" "Why?" "Because I could!" Protocol's fins lowered. That had always been a problem with her sister. "Code, is this what all that stuff you kept collecting was for?" She said, instead of pointing out the wrongness of the machine. "Yeah." Code scrambled over to the still-open door, jumping in place. "I gotta go to a stupid Council meeting, so make sure no one touches that egg until I get back!" "Wai-!" Code had already zipped out of sight, leaving Protocol with a claw outstretched, mind racing with questions, and an egg that shouldn't exist still crackling with energy on her dresser.[/i] Protocol hadn't known that would be one of the last times she would see Code alive. And the egg, the egg Code had made with an impossible machine, still sat where she'd left it. "I think…" She said to it, voice tremorous. "You killed her." The egg did not answer. "Not you, exactly. But someone found out about the thing that made you." Protocol waved an ungloved claw in the air of the dark room. She hadn't bothered to turn the lights on when Robo forced her in. "And the thing that made you was why and how she got killed. I don't blame you. You're an egg. Deities, I don't even know why I'm talking to you." Protocol flopped on her bed, claws pressed over her closed eyes. "Whoever killed her. Whoever blew up her work. I'm going to find them. And I'm going to make them pay." She snarled. --------- [b]Team this time was:[/b] Code, Tiger, and Aleta! [b]Important events:[/b] Tiger went down in round 2. Death transferred to Code. [u]Code's item is Volt Wiring.[/u] Protocol kicked my door in when Code died and said she was one of the focus characters now. Welp. New plot outta nowhere time it is. Yes I did buy a Lightning egg. Yes it did break my wallet. But the random plot demanded it. I'm going to be switching the Laboratory tab with Athanor. I also took the laboratory off the Council because while they do have other non-story 'NPC' dragons, the ones that are actually in my lair are Robo and Protocol with Code gone. Two dragons. So no more Council seat. Edit because Cat is tired: I am offering up dead dragons for adoption! Nearly forgot. Code will be up for adoption until [b]Febuary 15, 22:00 FR time.[/b][/center] ------------- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3007918/8#post_50273488]Next[/url][/center]
Back | Previous
Entry 33: Shift Over
Greater Plantain
Coliseum, 15 rounds
"I hate you." Aleta laughed at Arturo's gruff words, punching the tired tundra on his wing. "No you don't!" Arturo sighed, readjusting his hood. "No, I don't."

After Aleta had run off in the market, the two tundras had had a few more talks during the day, Aleta trying to assure Arturo that she wasn't going to act above the other janitors, and Arturo slowly realizing that she wasn't what he thought she was. There was too much to be solved in just one day, of course, but things weren't as bad as either thought it was going to be. Even with Aleta turning every walking distance into a race.

"Hey, Aleta?" Aleta 'mrrp?'ed at Arturo's question as they walked inside of the Coliseum, shaking off the ash that had accumulated in their fur throughout the day. Arturo seemed nervous as they kept walking, passing other janitors that had got actual cleaning jobs inside of the Coliseum. "Thank you." "For what?"

Arturo stopped walking, Aleta following his example, the mood suddenly serious again. "For proving me wrong. I've kind of felt useless most of my life. Born alone, live alone, die alone is how I thought it was going to go. But…" He huffed. "If you keep insisting on trying to be my friend, I just might have someone." Aleta grinned. "Then you have someone. Come on!" Arturo's eyes widened. "Don't you dare r-" But Aleta was already charging down the hallway, nearly crashing into several dragons. Arturo watched, stunned, as she tripped and fell before scrambling up and turning a corner with just as little hesitation. "She's going to be the death of me." He whispered.

==========

"My Monarch?" Iraulie looked up from the paperwork she was working on. Robo was standing at her door, claws resting against the frame he'd knocked on.

dragon?did=26844246&skin=0&apparel=2596,2958,4004,938,740,1253&xt=dressing.png

"Why are you in here? I told Medusa that I wasn't to be disturbed for the rest of the day unless it was an emergency." She hissed, irritated at the interruption of her work flow. Robo flinched. "My Monarch, this qualifies." Iraulie stared, a sinking feeling taking hold of her. "What is it?" Robo stepped forward into her room, and pulled out a quickly scribbled report, voice shaking as he read it. "Three hours ago, at sunset, an explosion occurred within the personal office of Laboratory Director Code. Guard Protocol was alerted by the sound, and ran in to check on the Director. She discovered a destroyed room and-" Robo choked. The feeling got worse. "And the dead body of the Director. Two minutes later, I ran in, and found Protocol trying to wake her up." Iraulie's eyes widened as he continued. "I pulled her off, and called in other Guards as I took her to her room. Code's body has been stored properly, and awaits appraisal by a healer before cremation." Robo was having trouble reading by the end, Iraulie could tell by the tears in his eyes.

"The explosion appears accidental, but confirmation is still underway. With this death, the Laboratory no longer has the required number of dragons to properly maintain its position on the Council, and requests we be removed as soon as is reasonable. End report." "Robo, I'm so sorry." Iraulie said, standing. Robo waved her off, throat tight. "I'll be fine, My Monarch. It's her sister I'm worried about." He left the report on the closest shelf, and exited as quickly as he could without being rude.

Iraulie had been having one of the best days of her life until she had heard that. Carefully, evaluating her own emotions, she grabbed the report, and read through it. It was written exactly as Robo had said it, except that it was in third person. She put it back down, deciding she was done with work for the day.

Iraulie flopped on her bed, head full of questions about how Code could've let that happen until she had a realization. In a way, it almost made sense. Argal had been the only one who could reel her in. Iraulie was the only one who kept Code's lab clean, since she didn't and got angry at anyone who did. Still, though, Iraulie thought Code was more careful than that. She sighed. Iraulie would miss her old boss, but it didn't really hurt her since they hadn't been close. She did wonder, though, how Protocol had reacted.

==========

Protocol sat by her window, eyes still burning from tears.

dragon?did=47086609&skin=0&apparel=8598,9815,9448,18800,716,8812&xt=dressing.png

Her gaze was not on the lights of Pnhkah, visible through the still falling ash-snow, but the project Code had excitedly presented her with that morning.

Code burst in, Protocol's door slamming loudly against the metal wall, and startling her into nearly dropping her claw-gloves. "Proto! I did it!" Protocol flinched when Code yelled, pacing feverishly around the room. "What did you do, and why couldn't it wait until I was actually awake?" She said, twisting her claw in and out of one of her ears as it recovered from the loud noise.

dragon?did=28091636&skin=0&apparel=27201&xt=dressing.png

"This!" Code shouted triumphantly, shoving something metallic in Protocol's face. Protocol shut her eyes, and finally put on her claw-glove. "Out of the face." "Yeah, yeah. Look!" Protocol opened her eyes to see what Code was barely keeping herself in place about. "... Code." Code nodded so fast Protocol wondered how she didn't get whiplash. "Code, that's an egg."

"I know, right!?" Code screeched in her face, still gripping the Lightning egg tightly between her stormclaw covered claws. "I did it!" Protocol's face twisted uncomfortably. "Code, I thought you didn't want hatchlings?" "I don't! It's not mine!" Before Protocol - who was rightly stunned - could say anything, Code put the egg down on Protocol's dresser and pulled out a paper from nowhere, grabbing her sister and forcing her to look. "I didn't steal it either!"

The paper, which Protocol could swear was a napkin from the cafe near the laboratory, had so many scribblings on it that Protocol, who was usually quite adept at interpreting her sister's work, couldn't understand a word. Luckily, Code explained it. "I made a machine that gathers elemental energy and makes eggs!" "Why?" "Because I could!" Protocol's fins lowered. That had always been a problem with her sister. "Code, is this what all that stuff you kept collecting was for?" She said, instead of pointing out the wrongness of the machine. "Yeah."

Code scrambled over to the still-open door, jumping in place. "I gotta go to a stupid Council meeting, so make sure no one touches that egg until I get back!" "Wai-!" Code had already zipped out of sight, leaving Protocol with a claw outstretched, mind racing with questions, and an egg that shouldn't exist still crackling with energy on her dresser.

Protocol hadn't known that would be one of the last times she would see Code alive. And the egg, the egg Code had made with an impossible machine, still sat where she'd left it. "I think…" She said to it, voice tremorous. "You killed her." The egg did not answer. "Not you, exactly. But someone found out about the thing that made you." Protocol waved an ungloved claw in the air of the dark room. She hadn't bothered to turn the lights on when Robo forced her in. "And the thing that made you was why and how she got killed. I don't blame you. You're an egg. Deities, I don't even know why I'm talking to you."

Protocol flopped on her bed, claws pressed over her closed eyes. "Whoever killed her. Whoever blew up her work. I'm going to find them. And I'm going to make them pay." She snarled.
Team this time was: Code, Tiger, and Aleta!
Important events: Tiger went down in round 2. Death transferred to Code.
Code's item is Volt Wiring.

Protocol kicked my door in when Code died and said she was one of the focus characters now. Welp. New plot outta nowhere time it is. Yes I did buy a Lightning egg. Yes it did break my wallet. But the random plot demanded it.

I'm going to be switching the Laboratory tab with Athanor. I also took the laboratory off the Council because while they do have other non-story 'NPC' dragons, the ones that are actually in my lair are Robo and Protocol with Code gone. Two dragons. So no more Council seat.

Edit because Cat is tired: I am offering up dead dragons for adoption! Nearly forgot.

Code will be up for adoption until Febuary 15, 22:00 FR time.

Oof I am so sorry for the loss of Code. Love the introduction of the lab though, sounds like some interesting stuff is going down!
Oof I am so sorry for the loss of Code. Love the introduction of the lab though, sounds like some interesting stuff is going down!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall Code actually used to be one of my favorite dragons when I was starting out on FR, so it hurts that she'll be leaving the lair soon, but it was time! And I'm actually glad that it happened because it's providing an easy segue. Into what? You'll find out. (:
@Petall Code actually used to be one of my favorite dragons when I was starting out on FR, so it hurts that she'll be leaving the lair soon, but it was time! And I'm actually glad that it happened because it's providing an easy segue. Into what? You'll find out. (:
Gosh I am so curious what this segue is into [emoji=special eyes size=1][emoji=special eyes size=1]
Gosh I am so curious what this segue is into
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3007918#post_47530571]Back[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3007918/8#post_50267217]Previous[/url] ------------ @Averat @Saphira455 @SecondToLast @draconicelestial @Petall @Takadimi ---------- [u][b]Entry 34: Athanor[/b][/u] [item=sapphire] [i]Writing[/i] ------------ Following Code's death and the subsequent removal of the laboratory from the Council, things were so hectic for Iraulie in the next three days that she nearly forgot about the meeting Dual had wanted at Athanor. Thanks to her amazing new partner, though, she remembered. Bladetail had started showing up and would rather hesitantly ask to spend time with her. Iraulie, of course, agreed. That had led to Bladetail reminding her of the meeting mere hours before it was supposed to happen, and her scrambling out of the complex to get to Athanor in time. [b]==========[/b] "Greetings, My Monarch. Welcome to Athanor." Dual greeted Iraulie warmly. And no, that was not a pun based on the streams of lava flowing in and out of pipes embedded in the side of the mountain they were standing on a bridge to. Speaking of, Athanor was far more impressive a place than 'very big forge' implied. Iraulie looked at it, and realized that really, no description could truly do the forge justice. It was similar to Sanctuary in that it was being carved out of one of the mountains surrounding the Crescent volcano, but that was where the similarities ended. Where Sanctuary had ash-wood forests around and on it, Athanor was partially situated in a lake of lava, fed by rivers of the same hot stuff flowing from peaks of not-quite active volcanoes in the same range. There were metal pipes weaving their way out of the surface into various places on the side of Athanor. Similar pipes poked out of the top, venting steam and smoke into the air. The bridge across the lake was a combination of metal and stone that centered perfectly on the large, artistically made iron doors Dual and Iraulie were now standing some distance in front of. As they walked closer and a member of the forge held open a door for them, Iraulie could see how vast Athanor truly was. It was impressive even before they got inside. [b]==========[/b] Dual had led Iraulie on a tour of Athanor before they had entered his 'office,' which was really a glorified room near the top of the internal cavern where the forges truly were. They had then hammered out exactly what Athanor's place on the Council met, and now, they were standing on a balcony overlooking the huge open space that moved with dragons and machines working away at their stations. The mountain wasn't even fully hollowed out yet, but Iraulie could see deep down until the already available space met open lava. Reaching out from the magma, tubes funneled the hot liquid through the several furnaces embedded anywhere from the walls to the floors. The pipes Iraulie had spotted earlier were still being improved upon, so not every forge had a vent to the outside. Those that didn't belched out hot air filled with smoke, ash, or steam straight into the air, adding to the scorching atmosphere of Athanor's inside. The deep rumble she'd felt under her feet since entering was due to the many machines other than the furnaces, creating materials the rest of the kingdom would eventually put to use. "I've never been here before." Dual looked at her strangely. "I plan to be here more often. Make sure that you all have what you need. This place is important to the kingdom, you should have more say." Dual nodded, hat shifting with the movement. "Thank you, My Monarch. That… That means a lot." [b]==========[/b] Protocol jolted out of her nightmare when she heard a sparking noise. "Get out of my room, Code!" She said, without thinking. Then she winced, gut twisting when she remembered. "Right." Then her mind caught up with her fully, and her gaze snapped to the egg on her dresser. It was sparking madly, growing brighter by the second. "Uh oh." She said smartly, recognizing from years of watching Code build things that that usually meant explosion. She covered her ears a moment too late, the loud 'Pop!' of the egg exploding causing them to ring. Protocol shook her head as the noise quickly faded away. Then she heard the first high-pitched grumble, causing her to glance back at the dresser. "Uh oh." She whispered. There sat a guardian hatchling, looking back at her with wide, innocent eyes. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/75651491][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=157&bodygene=0&breed=2&element=5&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=126&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=122&auth=11d8914e1fb22edfab63cd0c40e38d624e8a6cbf&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url] ------------------ Evidence that I wrote part of this back when I wasn't sure who would be after Darkling is that there are actually two versions of the last scene in Athanor! There weren't a lot of differences between Iraulie and Jayde's versions, just that the dialogue shifted some. I'm so excited to have finally put this into the actual story, given I wrote this around entry 2. 32 entries since then and still going strong. Also, Protocol's so not ready to be a parental/sister figure. Too bad! And Cipher is unexpectedly pretty. This rest isn't that edited, especially the last scene with Cipher, so let me know if there's a typo.[/center] ----------- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3007918/9#post_50286166]Next[/url][/center]
Back | Previous
Entry 34: Athanor
Sapphire
Writing
Following Code's death and the subsequent removal of the laboratory from the Council, things were so hectic for Iraulie in the next three days that she nearly forgot about the meeting Dual had wanted at Athanor. Thanks to her amazing new partner, though, she remembered. Bladetail had started showing up and would rather hesitantly ask to spend time with her. Iraulie, of course, agreed. That had led to Bladetail reminding her of the meeting mere hours before it was supposed to happen, and her scrambling out of the complex to get to Athanor in time.

==========

"Greetings, My Monarch. Welcome to Athanor." Dual greeted Iraulie warmly. And no, that was not a pun based on the streams of lava flowing in and out of pipes embedded in the side of the mountain they were standing on a bridge to.

Speaking of, Athanor was far more impressive a place than 'very big forge' implied. Iraulie looked at it, and realized that really, no description could truly do the forge justice. It was similar to Sanctuary in that it was being carved out of one of the mountains surrounding the Crescent volcano, but that was where the similarities ended. Where Sanctuary had ash-wood forests around and on it, Athanor was partially situated in a lake of lava, fed by rivers of the same hot stuff flowing from peaks of not-quite active volcanoes in the same range. There were metal pipes weaving their way out of the surface into various places on the side of Athanor. Similar pipes poked out of the top, venting steam and smoke into the air.

The bridge across the lake was a combination of metal and stone that centered perfectly on the large, artistically made iron doors Dual and Iraulie were now standing some distance in front of. As they walked closer and a member of the forge held open a door for them, Iraulie could see how vast Athanor truly was. It was impressive even before they got inside.

==========

Dual had led Iraulie on a tour of Athanor before they had entered his 'office,' which was really a glorified room near the top of the internal cavern where the forges truly were. They had then hammered out exactly what Athanor's place on the Council met, and now, they were standing on a balcony overlooking the huge open space that moved with dragons and machines working away at their stations.

The mountain wasn't even fully hollowed out yet, but Iraulie could see deep down until the already available space met open lava. Reaching out from the magma, tubes funneled the hot liquid through the several furnaces embedded anywhere from the walls to the floors. The pipes Iraulie had spotted earlier were still being improved upon, so not every forge had a vent to the outside. Those that didn't belched out hot air filled with smoke, ash, or steam straight into the air, adding to the scorching atmosphere of Athanor's inside. The deep rumble she'd felt under her feet since entering was due to the many machines other than the furnaces, creating materials the rest of the kingdom would eventually put to use. "I've never been here before." Dual looked at her strangely. "I plan to be here more often. Make sure that you all have what you need. This place is important to the kingdom, you should have more say." Dual nodded, hat shifting with the movement. "Thank you, My Monarch. That… That means a lot."

==========

Protocol jolted out of her nightmare when she heard a sparking noise. "Get out of my room, Code!" She said, without thinking. Then she winced, gut twisting when she remembered. "Right." Then her mind caught up with her fully, and her gaze snapped to the egg on her dresser. It was sparking madly, growing brighter by the second. "Uh oh." She said smartly, recognizing from years of watching Code build things that that usually meant explosion. She covered her ears a moment too late, the loud 'Pop!' of the egg exploding causing them to ring.

Protocol shook her head as the noise quickly faded away. Then she heard the first high-pitched grumble, causing her to glance back at the dresser. "Uh oh." She whispered. There sat a guardian hatchling, looking back at her with wide, innocent eyes.

dragon?age=0&body=157&bodygene=0&breed=2&element=5&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=126&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=122&auth=11d8914e1fb22edfab63cd0c40e38d624e8a6cbf&dummyext=prev.png

Evidence that I wrote part of this back when I wasn't sure who would be after Darkling is that there are actually two versions of the last scene in Athanor! There weren't a lot of differences between Iraulie and Jayde's versions, just that the dialogue shifted some. I'm so excited to have finally put this into the actual story, given I wrote this around entry 2. 32 entries since then and still going strong.

Also, Protocol's so not ready to be a parental/sister figure. Too bad! And Cipher is unexpectedly pretty.

This rest isn't that edited, especially the last scene with Cipher, so let me know if there's a typo.

BABY BABY BABY BABY I LOVE THE COLOURS!!!
BABY BABY BABY BABY I LOVE THE COLOURS!!!
@Petall Man I was hoping for colors that just weren't that bad but Cipher said 'hello am baby am cute.' You captured my reaction perfectly.

Edit: Typo.
@Petall Man I was hoping for colors that just weren't that bad but Cipher said 'hello am baby am cute.' You captured my reaction perfectly.

Edit: Typo.
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17 18