Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Dream Genes Challenge/Breeding Project?
[i][/i]I'm still a relatively new player and am looking for ways to make breeding dragons more interesting. I love seeing fancy little hatchlings, but many of my dragons have basic genes so it's not as exciting to breed them, but I don't necessarily want to exalt them either. The result is a lot of empty nests, and it all just feels like a waste not to fill them! I don't know if anyone has a challenge or project like this already or not, but I decided to make a little one for myself and share my progress with you all. I don't know how this is going to go and it might be a very long road, but at the very least it will fill my empty nests! I will share the rules I made for myself and then post my progress here as well. [b]Here are the steps I've come up with so far:[/b] 1. Scry a dragon with genes that you think would go really well together. The color and breed of this dragon don't matter, as long as the dragon isn't an ancient breed. None of the genes are allowed to be basic! 2. Find a dragon with three basic genes. Once again, color and breed don't matter, as long as the breed isn't ancient. 3. Find this dragon a mate. The mate's color and breed don't matter either, so long as they aren't an ancient dragon. The mate must have three different genes, and only one of them is allowed to be one of the three you picked in the beginning. 4. Breed these dragons and hope that the offspring get the desired gene! 5. Here is where things may get frustrating. Randomize which offspring is the chosen "heir". The other offspring are not relevant to the challenge/project anymore, and you can choose what to do with them. The heir--hopefully the offspring closest to your desired three genes--will now need a mate. 6. Find a mate for your heir. The same rules apply; no basic genes, but only one can be a gene in the desired end-product. 7. Repeat the steps of breeding the dragons, randomizing who the heir is, and finding that heir a mate until you're lucky enough to get a dragon with the three genes you chose in the scry at the beginning. And then celebrate your good luck!! :) [b]Here is my set-up:[/b] 1. I chose [i]stitched[/i] as my primary gene, [i]patchwork[/i] as my secondary gene, and [i]lace[/i] as my tertiary gene. Here is my scry to see how they'd look together, but in the end, only the primary, secondary, and tertiary genes are what is important to consider the project a success. If the dragon breed and colors are different, it doesn't matter. [morphology=1424085] 2. I am starting off with a basic dragon I already own. This is Mavra. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/67404372][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/674044/67404372_350.png[/img][/url] 3. I do not own any dragon with the stitched, patchwork, or lace gene that is ready to breed, so I will buy one in the auction house. This is her mate, named Currant. Currant works because he only has one of the genes I am looking for (patchwork), and neither of his other two genes is basic. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/66671570][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/666716/66671570_350.png[/img][/url] 4. Now I breed them and wait. In five short days, Mavra and Currant will be the proud parents of two hatchlings. [b]I also happen to have a second free nest right now, so I think I'll come up with another pair to work with.[/b] 1. Here is my scry. I chose the [i]piebald[/i] primary gene, [i]paint[/i] secondary gene, and [i]koi[/i] tertiary gene. [morphology=1424127] 2. This is my dragon with three basic genes; her name is Emerald. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/67414029][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/674141/67414029_350.png[/img][/url] 3. And here is her mate, Hawkfire. He fits the requirements because he only has one of the desired genes (piebald), and none of his other genes are basic. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/51793240][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/517933/51793240_350.png[/img][/url] 4. Emerald and Hawkfire have a nest of one egg! Hopefully, this heir inherits the piebald gene... [b][u]Anyway, the end! That is the start of my silly little challenge/breeding project! I'll be back with an update once the eggs hatch. I don't expect anyone to really read all of this, but if you do and you decide to take on this challenge/project as well, I'd love to see![/u][/b]
I'm still a relatively new player and am looking for ways to make breeding dragons more interesting. I love seeing fancy little hatchlings, but many of my dragons have basic genes so it's not as exciting to breed them, but I don't necessarily want to exalt them either. The result is a lot of empty nests, and it all just feels like a waste not to fill them!
I don't know if anyone has a challenge or project like this already or not, but I decided to make a little one for myself and share my progress with you all. I don't know how this is going to go and it might be a very long road, but at the very least it will fill my empty nests! I will share the rules I made for myself and then post my progress here as well.

Here are the steps I've come up with so far:

1. Scry a dragon with genes that you think would go really well together. The color and breed of this dragon don't matter, as long as the dragon isn't an ancient breed. None of the genes are allowed to be basic!

2. Find a dragon with three basic genes. Once again, color and breed don't matter, as long as the breed isn't ancient.

3. Find this dragon a mate. The mate's color and breed don't matter either, so long as they aren't an ancient dragon. The mate must have three different genes, and only one of them is allowed to be one of the three you picked in the beginning.

4. Breed these dragons and hope that the offspring get the desired gene!

5. Here is where things may get frustrating. Randomize which offspring is the chosen "heir". The other offspring are not relevant to the challenge/project anymore, and you can choose what to do with them. The heir--hopefully the offspring closest to your desired three genes--will now need a mate.

6. Find a mate for your heir. The same rules apply; no basic genes, but only one can be a gene in the desired end-product.

7. Repeat the steps of breeding the dragons, randomizing who the heir is, and finding that heir a mate until you're lucky enough to get a dragon with the three genes you chose in the scry at the beginning.
And then celebrate your good luck!! :)

Here is my set-up:

1. I chose stitched as my primary gene, patchwork as my secondary gene, and lace as my tertiary gene.
Here is my scry to see how they'd look together, but in the end, only the primary, secondary, and tertiary genes are what is important to consider the project a success. If the dragon breed and colors are different, it doesn't matter.
Dream Genes

2. I am starting off with a basic dragon I already own. This is Mavra.
67404372_350.png

3. I do not own any dragon with the stitched, patchwork, or lace gene that is ready to breed, so I will buy one in the auction house. This is her mate, named Currant. Currant works because he only has one of the genes I am looking for (patchwork), and neither of his other two genes is basic.
66671570_350.png

4. Now I breed them and wait. In five short days, Mavra and Currant will be the proud parents of two hatchlings.

I also happen to have a second free nest right now, so I think I'll come up with another pair to work with.

1. Here is my scry. I chose the piebald primary gene, paint secondary gene, and koi tertiary gene.
Dream Genes 2

2. This is my dragon with three basic genes; her name is Emerald.
67414029_350.png

3. And here is her mate, Hawkfire. He fits the requirements because he only has one of the desired genes (piebald), and none of his other genes are basic.
51793240_350.png

4. Emerald and Hawkfire have a nest of one egg! Hopefully, this heir inherits the piebald gene...

Anyway, the end! That is the start of my silly little challenge/breeding project! I'll be back with an update once the eggs hatch.
I don't expect anyone to really read all of this, but if you do and you decide to take on this challenge/project as well, I'd love to see!