Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | The Lordless Tide; A FR Nuzlocke
1 2
aU9WS3E.pngt84msfC.pngJOXfoXi.pngDA41oQ3.pngzQMJOMs.pngS1BatfX.png
T23.gifeu5gY4S.pngmLz7vr5.png8g70fVi.pngB18_R.png
[center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/c30eglm2azyapri/watertop.png[/img] [b][size=6]The OG Rules[/size][/b] [size=2][i]as written by noodlesthing in 2014[/i][/size] [b] [size=4]The Premise[/size][/b] All of your dragons die in some disaster. There is only one survivor, and it's up to them to mourn their losses and rebuild the lair back to its former glory. [b][size=4]The Point[/size][/b] Every dragon is invaluable. Getting a beautiful dragon will be nearly impossible. Just keeping them alive and gradually growing your lair, making your dragons more powerful, is the challenge. [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/lh460zuyxcuwcuq/watermid.png[/img] [b][size=4]How to Start[/size][/b] [left][LIST=1] [*]Exalt all but one dragon. The best way to go about it is probably to narrow your lair down to a few favorites, then use a random number generator to pick the sole survivor. If you really want you can stow your favorites in a friend's lair or just keep them and not use them, but if you do YOU'RE WEAK. [*]Get an egg. Hatch it. [*]These are the two sole members of your clan - the lone survivor, and an orphaned hatchling, perhaps found among the rubble of the fatal disaster [/LIST].[/left] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/lh460zuyxcuwcuq/watermid.png[/img] [b][size=4]The Rules[/size][/b] [left][LIST=1] [*][s]You can't buy dragons. All you can do is buy eggs or hatch your own.[/s] Change as of 8/17 - [b]You can buy a dragon from the AH after you've leveled three dragons to level 25[/b]. This means that you can still get rare breeds that are impossible to find scrolls for, it's just extremely difficult. (You're encouraged to buy non-gened dragons, since you're able to get both rare breeds and whatever colors you want, to keep it in line with the challenge, but do whatever is the most motivating for you.) [*]You can only buy one egg a month. [*]You can't scatter scroll a dragon until they've reached level 25. [*]You can't give a dragon a primary gene until level 10, can't give them a secondary gene until level 15, and can't give them a tertiary gene until level 20. [*]For every egg you [b]find[/b], whether in the coliseum or by scavenging, you may purchase one breed change for any dragon. [*]You cannot gather food, you must grind for it in the coli. [*]If a dragon faints in the coli, it's dead. Exalt. [/LIST][/left] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/lh460zuyxcuwcuq/watermid.png[/img] [b][size=4]Nests[/size][/b] [left][LIST=1] [*]For every hatchling, flip a coin. [*]If tails, the hatchling died. Exalt. [*]If heads, you have a survivor. [/LIST][/left] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/lh460zuyxcuwcuq/watermid.png[/img] [b][size=4]Optional Rules/Alternatives[/size][/b] [u]Baby Rules for Babies[/u] [left][LIST=1] [*]Instead of clearing out your entire lair, clear a single page for these challenge dragons. Partition your lair. [*]You can also keep one lair page dedicated to things like breeding pairs, favorites, dragons you're holding for a friend, etc. That gives you some leeway. [/LIST][/left] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/6ibsi0ojsdsg0pd/waterbottom.png[/img]
watertop.png

The OG Rules
as written by noodlesthing in 2014

The Premise

All of your dragons die in some disaster. There is only one survivor, and it's up to them to mourn their losses and rebuild the lair back to its former glory.

The Point
Every dragon is invaluable. Getting a beautiful dragon will be nearly impossible. Just keeping them alive and gradually growing your lair, making your dragons more powerful, is the challenge.

watermid.png

How to Start
  1. Exalt all but one dragon. The best way to go about it is probably to narrow your lair down to a few favorites, then use a random number generator to pick the sole survivor. If you really want you can stow your favorites in a friend's lair or just keep them and not use them, but if you do YOU'RE WEAK.
  2. Get an egg. Hatch it.
  3. These are the two sole members of your clan - the lone survivor, and an orphaned hatchling, perhaps found among the rubble of the fatal disaster

watermid.png

The Rules
  1. You can't buy dragons. All you can do is buy eggs or hatch your own. Change as of 8/17 - You can buy a dragon from the AH after you've leveled three dragons to level 25. This means that you can still get rare breeds that are impossible to find scrolls for, it's just extremely difficult. (You're encouraged to buy non-gened dragons, since you're able to get both rare breeds and whatever colors you want, to keep it in line with the challenge, but do whatever is the most motivating for you.)
  2. You can only buy one egg a month.
  3. You can't scatter scroll a dragon until they've reached level 25.
  4. You can't give a dragon a primary gene until level 10, can't give them a secondary gene until level 15, and can't give them a tertiary gene until level 20.
  5. For every egg you find, whether in the coliseum or by scavenging, you may purchase one breed change for any dragon.
  6. You cannot gather food, you must grind for it in the coli.
  7. If a dragon faints in the coli, it's dead. Exalt.

watermid.png

Nests
  1. For every hatchling, flip a coin.
  2. If tails, the hatchling died. Exalt.
  3. If heads, you have a survivor.

watermid.png

Optional Rules/Alternatives
Baby Rules for Babies
  1. Instead of clearing out your entire lair, clear a single page for these challenge dragons. Partition your lair.
  2. You can also keep one lair page dedicated to things like breeding pairs, favorites, dragons you're holding for a friend, etc. That gives you some leeway.

waterbottom.png
[center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/c30eglm2azyapri/watertop.png[/img] [b][size=6]BBB Rules[/size][/b] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/lh460zuyxcuwcuq/watermid.png[/img] [u][size=4]An Foreword[/size][/u] As a Big Bouncing Baby Nuzlocke player, I've decided to make my own extra rules and adjustments for multiple reasons. First, the original rules were literally written before I joined FR, and before some of the major game play updates. Second, I am a push fodder breeder (and event badge collector). I have dedicated fodder breeders, dedicated trainer dragons, and dedicated lair space; all to this cause. Lastly, I have dedicated too much irl money, in-game money, time, and energy into my current dragons. I have literally given too much of myself to these dergs to even consider getting rid of them. Hence, with these necessary excuses, I have developed my own Big Bouncing Baby rules. [u]You are more than welcome to use them yourselves, with credit, if you are also- like me- a Big, Bouncing, Baby player.[/u] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/lh460zuyxcuwcuq/watermid.png[/img] [b][size=4]Adjustments[/size][/b] [left][LIST=1] [*]Start a new lair tab for your Nuzlocke. All possible non-nuzlocke dragons should be stored in the hibernation den; all others should exist entirely separate from the nuzlocke section. [*]You must record all food items gathered during nuzlocke coliseum use. Only these items can be used to feed nuzlocke dragons. Accidental use of other food stuffs can come with an optional punishment, by player's choice. [*]You can do anything you want with your gathering turns. Food gathered through this cannot be used in the nuzlocke. [*]Hatchling Death Rates [list] [*]Calculated by the average level of the parents (add the levels, then divide by two). [*]For hatchlings born from dragons leveled 0-10, roll a d2 for survival. 1 they die, 2 they live. [*]For hatchlings born from dragons leveled 11-20, roll a d3 for survival, 1 they die, 2 or 3 they live. [*]For hatchlings born from dragons leveled 21-25, roll a d5 for survival. 1 or 4 they die, 2 or 3 or 5 they live.[/list] [/LIST][/left] [b][size=4]Additions[/size][/b] [left][LIST=1] [*]Your starter dragon can be level 1-3 (level range of the training grounds). This is to level the possibility of your nuzlocke dying out with the first dragon; much like how, in Pokemon, your starter is level 5. Really big BBB's can use levels 4-5 as per their comfort level. [*]It is possible for dragons to gain death defiance; the ability to survive an otherwise deadly situation. These are extremely rare, and can only stack up to 3. Each death defiance is consumed upon use. [LIST][*]It takes 1 death defiance to avoid death by starvation. [*]It takes 2 death defiance to avoid death by coliseum.[/list] [*]Your nuzlocke can be put on haitus at any time, as long as it is noted in such on their lair tab description. During this, nuzlocke dragons cannot starve, and can be fed from any means necessary. You may not, however, use these dragons for anything at all during haitus.[/LIST][/left] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/6ibsi0ojsdsg0pd/waterbottom.png[/img]
watertop.png

BBB Rules

watermid.png

An Foreword

As a Big Bouncing Baby Nuzlocke player, I've decided to make my own extra rules and adjustments for multiple reasons.

First, the original rules were literally written before I joined FR, and before some of the major game play updates.

Second, I am a push fodder breeder (and event badge collector). I have dedicated fodder breeders, dedicated trainer dragons, and dedicated lair space; all to this cause.

Lastly, I have dedicated too much irl money, in-game money, time, and energy into my current dragons. I have literally given too much of myself to these dergs to even consider getting rid of them.

Hence, with these necessary excuses, I have developed my own Big Bouncing Baby rules. You are more than welcome to use them yourselves, with credit, if you are also- like me- a Big, Bouncing, Baby player.

watermid.png

Adjustments
  1. Start a new lair tab for your Nuzlocke. All possible non-nuzlocke dragons should be stored in the hibernation den; all others should exist entirely separate from the nuzlocke section.
  2. You must record all food items gathered during nuzlocke coliseum use. Only these items can be used to feed nuzlocke dragons. Accidental use of other food stuffs can come with an optional punishment, by player's choice.
  3. You can do anything you want with your gathering turns. Food gathered through this cannot be used in the nuzlocke.
  4. Hatchling Death Rates
    • Calculated by the average level of the parents (add the levels, then divide by two).
    • For hatchlings born from dragons leveled 0-10, roll a d2 for survival. 1 they die, 2 they live.
    • For hatchlings born from dragons leveled 11-20, roll a d3 for survival, 1 they die, 2 or 3 they live.
    • For hatchlings born from dragons leveled 21-25, roll a d5 for survival. 1 or 4 they die, 2 or 3 or 5 they live.

Additions
  1. Your starter dragon can be level 1-3 (level range of the training grounds). This is to level the possibility of your nuzlocke dying out with the first dragon; much like how, in Pokemon, your starter is level 5. Really big BBB's can use levels 4-5 as per their comfort level.
  2. It is possible for dragons to gain death defiance; the ability to survive an otherwise deadly situation. These are extremely rare, and can only stack up to 3. Each death defiance is consumed upon use.
    • It takes 1 death defiance to avoid death by starvation.
    • It takes 2 death defiance to avoid death by coliseum.
  3. Your nuzlocke can be put on haitus at any time, as long as it is noted in such on their lair tab description. During this, nuzlocke dragons cannot starve, and can be fed from any means necessary. You may not, however, use these dragons for anything at all during haitus.

waterbottom.png
[center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/c30eglm2azyapri/watertop.png[/img] [b][size=6]Additional Misc Rules[/size][/b] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/lh460zuyxcuwcuq/watermid.png[/img] [u][size=4]A Foreword.[/size][/u] An expansion on details left out in the original rule set, along with a few additional factors to help spice up any lore writing that may occur. Once again, [u]you are more than welcome to copy and use these yourself with credit[/u]. I, myself, referenced [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2792593/1]Mutation's rule set[/url] to help create these additional rules. [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/lh460zuyxcuwcuq/watermid.png[/img] [b] [size=4]Complete Changes[/size][/b] [left][LIST=1] [*]Both dragons are pre-selected, rather than hatched, as I wish to start with two ancients that are compatible for breeding. The second dragon must be as un-gened as possible, and completely untrained. [/LIST][/left] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/lh460zuyxcuwcuq/watermid.png[/img] [b] [size=4]Expansions[/size][/b] [left][LIST=1] [*]You can only buy dragons from the AH with common or lower genes. They must not be leveled. (accounts for additional funds available by BBB rules) [*]You can only buy 1 of any breed that is not hatchable from an ordinary elemental egg. (accounts for additional funds available by BBB rules) [/LIST][/left] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/lh460zuyxcuwcuq/watermid.png[/img] [b][size=4]Additions[/size][/b] [left][LIST=1] [*]Breed change scrolls cannot be used (related to following addition). [*]Each nuzlocke dragon must be assigned a personality type. It is up to you what these are, and how you assign them. Conflicts between personality types must be accounted for. Additional typing and relationship levels can be added based on birth flight. (credit to Mutation.) [LIST] [*]I will be using a three tiered personality system, based on the 2 Pokemon personality factors and the 2 FR personality factors. [*][b]Pokemon Typing 1[/b] [LIST] [*]Roll a d6 and d20 to assign. [*][u]Number Assigned Types[/u]; [center](2) Adamant (3) Bashful (4) Bold (5) Brave (6) Calm (7) Careful (8) Docile (9) Gentle (10) Hardy (11) Hasty (12) Impish (13) Jolly (14) Lax (15) Lonely (16) Mild (17) Modest (18) Naive (19) Naughty (20) Quiet (21) Quirky (22) Rash (23) Relaxed (24) Sassy (25) Serious (26) Timid[/center] [*][u]The Get Along Groups[/u]; (1) - Adamant, Brave, Hardy, Lonely, Naughty (2) - Bashful, Mild, Modest, Quiet, Rash (3) - Bold, Docile, Impish, Lax, Relaxed (4) - Calm, Careful, Gentle, Quirky, Sassy (5) - Hasty, Jolly, Timid, Naive, Serious [*][u]I Don't Get You[/u] (1) --> (3) + (5); (2) --> (4) + (5); (3) --> (2) + (4); (4) --> (1) + (3); (5) --> (3) + (4) [*][u]I Don't Like You[/u] (1) --> (5); (2) --> (5); (3) --> (2); (4) --> (1), (5) --> (4) [*]Side note; (3) are the only types not outright disliked by any other personality type. Use this info as you please/ [/LIST] [*][b]Pokemon Typing 2[/b] [LIST] [*]Roll a d6 and a d20, and add the results, to assign. [*][u]Number Assigned Types;[/u] [center]Group 1. (2) Loves to eat (3) Takes plenty of siestas (4) Scatters things often (5) Likes to relax Group 2. (6) Proud of it's power (7) Likes to thrash about (8) Likes to fight (9) Quick tempered Group 3. (10) Sturdy body (11) Highly persistent (12) Good endurance (13) Good perserverance Group 4. (14) Highly curious (15) Mischievous (16) Thoroughly cunning (17) Often lost in thought Group 6. (18) Strong willed (19) Somewhat vain (20) Strongly defiant (21) Hates to lose Group 7. (22) Likes to run (23) Alert to sounds (24) Impetuous and silly (25) Somewhat of a clown (26) Quick to flee[/center] [*]This is mostly for lore flavour only. Each group gets along better with others within their group, generally. [/LIST] [*][b]The 2 FR Typings[/b] are based on canon lore; the effect each dragon's birth flight and birth breed have on their temprements. [/LIST] [*]Accidental use of other food stuffs counts as consuming Mystery Meat, and you must roll for an illness on your dragon. [LIST] [*]Roll a 20 sided die. [*]If you roll a 4, 9, or 17, then the dragon is ill. They cannot battle or nest for 4, 9, or 10 days (respectively). [*]If you roll a 4, 9, or 17, and the dragon is currently nesting, roll a 4 sided die (instead of 2) for their hatchlings (within or outside the illness period). 1, 2, or 4 means the hatchling dies, 3 means they live. [*]If you roll a 7, the dragon adds one (1) death defiance to their count. [*]If you roll a 13, if the dragon hatches a nest within a week, their next clutch is rolled on a 4 sided die. 1, 2, 3 means the hatching lives, 4 means they die. [/LIST] [/LIST][/left] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/lh460zuyxcuwcuq/watermid.png[/img] [size=5]Win Condition[/size] [left][list][*]3 level 25 water dragons [*]1 level 25 wind dragon [*]1 level 25 plague dragon [*]1 level 25 shadow dragon[/list][/left] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/6ibsi0ojsdsg0pd/waterbottom.png[/img]
watertop.png

Additional Misc Rules

watermid.png

A Foreword.

An expansion on details left out in the original rule set, along with a few additional factors to help spice up any lore writing that may occur.

Once again, you are more than welcome to copy and use these yourself with credit. I, myself, referenced Mutation's rule set to help create these additional rules.

watermid.png

Complete Changes

1. Both dragons are pre-selected, rather than hatched, as I wish to start with two ancients that are compatible for breeding. The second dragon must be as un-gened as possible, and completely untrained.

watermid.png

Expansions

1. You can only buy dragons from the AH with common or lower genes. They must not be leveled. (accounts for additional funds available by BBB rules)
  2. You can only buy 1 of any breed that is not hatchable from an ordinary elemental egg. (accounts for additional funds available by BBB rules)

watermid.png

Additions
  1. Breed change scrolls cannot be used (related to following addition).
  2. Each nuzlocke dragon must be assigned a personality type. It is up to you what these are, and how you assign them. Conflicts between personality types must be accounted for. Additional typing and relationship levels can be added based on birth flight. (credit to Mutation.)
    • I will be using a three tiered personality system, based on the 2 Pokemon personality factors and the 2 FR personality factors.
    • Pokemon Typing 1
      • Roll a d6 and d20 to assign.
      • Number Assigned Types;
        (2) Adamant (3) Bashful (4) Bold (5) Brave (6) Calm
        (7) Careful (8) Docile (9) Gentle (10) Hardy (11) Hasty
        (12) Impish (13) Jolly (14) Lax (15) Lonely (16) Mild
        (17) Modest (18) Naive (19) Naughty (20) Quiet (21) Quirky
        (22) Rash (23) Relaxed (24) Sassy (25) Serious (26) Timid
      • The Get Along Groups;
        (1) - Adamant, Brave, Hardy, Lonely, Naughty
        (2) - Bashful, Mild, Modest, Quiet, Rash
        (3) - Bold, Docile, Impish, Lax, Relaxed
        (4) - Calm, Careful, Gentle, Quirky, Sassy
        (5) - Hasty, Jolly, Timid, Naive, Serious
      • I Don't Get You
        (1) --> (3) + (5); (2) --> (4) + (5); (3) --> (2) + (4); (4) --> (1) + (3); (5) --> (3) + (4)
      • I Don't Like You
        (1) --> (5); (2) --> (5); (3) --> (2); (4) --> (1), (5) --> (4)
      • Side note; (3) are the only types not outright disliked by any other personality type. Use this info as you please/
    • Pokemon Typing 2
      • Roll a d6 and a d20, and add the results, to assign.
      • Number Assigned Types;
        Group 1.
        (2) Loves to eat (3) Takes plenty of siestas (4) Scatters things often (5) Likes to relax

Group 2.
        (6) Proud of it's power (7) Likes to thrash about (8) Likes to fight (9) Quick tempered

Group 3.
        (10) Sturdy body (11) Highly persistent (12) Good endurance (13) Good perserverance

Group 4.
        (14) Highly curious (15) Mischievous (16) Thoroughly cunning (17) Often lost in thought

Group 6.
        (18) Strong willed (19) Somewhat vain (20) Strongly defiant (21) Hates to lose

Group 7.
        (22) Likes to run (23) Alert to sounds (24) Impetuous and silly (25) Somewhat of a clown (26) Quick to flee
      • This is mostly for lore flavour only. Each group gets along better with others within their group, generally.
    • The 2 FR Typings are based on canon lore; the effect each dragon's birth flight and birth breed have on their temprements.
  3. Accidental use of other food stuffs counts as consuming Mystery Meat, and you must roll for an illness on your dragon.
    • Roll a 20 sided die.
    • If you roll a 4, 9, or 17, then the dragon is ill. They cannot battle or nest for 4, 9, or 10 days (respectively).
    • If you roll a 4, 9, or 17, and the dragon is currently nesting, roll a 4 sided die (instead of 2) for their hatchlings (within or outside the illness period). 1, 2, or 4 means the hatchling dies, 3 means they live.
    • If you roll a 7, the dragon adds one (1) death defiance to their count.
    • If you roll a 13, if the dragon hatches a nest within a week, their next clutch is rolled on a 4 sided die. 1, 2, 3 means the hatching lives, 4 means they die.

watermid.png

Win Condition
  • 3 level 25 water dragons
  • 1 level 25 wind dragon
  • 1 level 25 plague dragon
  • 1 level 25 shadow dragon

waterbottom.png
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/Qw78zLJ.png[/img] [size=6]Clan Overview[/size] [img]https://i.imgur.com/Qw78zLJ.png[/img] [size=6]Founders[/size] [columns][nextcol][color=transparent]*********** [nextcol][center][size=5][br][br] [u]The Survivor[/u][nextcol][color=transparent]****[nextcol][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/66551307][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/battlesprites/665514/66551307.png[/img][/url][nextcol][color=transparent]****[nextcol][center][br][br][br] [size=5]Matilda[/size] [i]she/her[/i] [size=4]Mild Highly Curious[/columns] [columns][nextcol][color=transparent]*********** [nextcol][center][size=5][br][br] [u]The Motivator[/u][nextcol][nextcol][color=transparent]****[nextcol][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/66544974][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/battlesprites/665450/66544974.png[/img][/url][color=transparent]****[nextcol][center][br][br] [size=5]Buzz[/size] [i]she/her[/i] [size=4]Jolly Likes to Run[br][br][/columns] [size=6]The Newborns[/size] [columns][nextcol][color=transparent]*********** [nextcol][center][size=5][br][br] [u]The Protector[/u][nextcol][nextcol][color=transparent]****[nextcol][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/66756700][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/battlesprites/667568/66756700.png[/img][/url][color=transparent]****[nextcol][center][br][br] [size=5]Water Lily[/size] [i]she/her[/i] [size=4]Impish Likes to thrash about[br][br][/columns] [img]https://i.imgur.com/Qw78zLJ.png[/img] [size=6]Clan Stats[/size] [columns][color=transparent]type a looong sentence, slightly longer[nextcol][size=4]Clan Members: Hatched Eggs: Hatched Clutches: Hatchling Deaths: Dragon Deaths: [nextcol][color=transparent]**[nextcol][size=4]2 0 0 0 0[nextcol][/columns] [size=6]Food Stores[/size] [columns][color=transparent]type a looong sentence, slightly longer[nextcol][size=4]Insects: Meat: Fish: Plants:[nextcol][color=transparent]**********[nextcol][size=4]16 28 16 48[nextcol][/columns] [img]https://i.imgur.com/Qw78zLJ.png[/img]
Qw78zLJ.png

Clan Overview

Qw78zLJ.png

Founders

The Survivor
**** 66551307.png ****

Matilda
she/her

Mild
Highly Curious

The Motivator
**** 66544974.png****

Buzz
she/her

Jolly
Likes to Run

The Newborns

The Protector
**** 66756700.png****

Water Lily
she/her

Impish
Likes to thrash about

Qw78zLJ.png

Clan Stats
type a looong sentence, slightly longer Clan Members:

Hatched Eggs:
Hatched Clutches:

Hatchling Deaths:
Dragon Deaths:

Food Stores
type a looong sentence, slightly longer Insects:
Meat:
Fish:
Plants:

Qw78zLJ.png
[center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/c30eglm2azyapri/watertop.png[/img] [size=6][b]Extra Resources[/b][/size] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/lh460zuyxcuwcuq/watermid.png[/img] [b][size=4]Links[/size][/b] [left][LIST] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1150203/1]Original FR Nuzlocke Post[/url] [*][url=https://justflipacoin.com/]Coin Flip[/url] [*][url=https://www.dnddiceroller.com/]DND Die[/url] [/list] [center][size=4]Decorations[/size] [left][list] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/2177898]Flight Dividers[/url] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2423018/1]Cross Flight Dividers[/url] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2103505]Various Horizontal Dividers[/url] [/LIST][/left] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/lh460zuyxcuwcuq/watermid.png[/img] [b][size=4]Update Taglist[/size][/b] [code]BarbaraFett[/code] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/6ibsi0ojsdsg0pd/waterbottom.png[/img]
watertop.png

Extra Resources

watermid.png

Links
[columns][img]https://i.imgur.com/CUNNiQK.png[/img] [nextcol][color=transparent]** [nextcol][center][size=4][i]She hadn't expected to come out of it alive. Not really.[/i][/center] As it was, she still wasn't sure she would get out of this alive. The entire monastery had been destroyed, right before her eyes, as she quivered and hid under the cover of the seaweed her clanmates had so diligently farmed. The decimated remains of her friends- her [i]family[/i]- were still in front of her; frozen as she was with fear. Fear that they- the maren's who had done this- would return; surely, they would finish her off this time. She could do nothing but shiver, her distressed pheromones clouding the water around her; watching as half of Atlas' wing, shredded as it was, floated away in front of her. The oracles of her clan had cried out in fear, when their Father had disappeared all those years ago- and life had only gotten harder since. In the years that followed the Tidelord's sudden leave of absence, the monastery had suffered more and more damaged from the unpredictable maren attacks. Seekers for lost eggs had stopped returning, surface traders had remained above, and the numbers of the clan had thinned with every passing day. And now... Shattered eggshells, the remains of Akhlys' latest nest, floated past her now. The hopeful hatchlings... smashed to smithereens by the battle hungry maren pirates that had raided her home. She had been out of sight when the alarm rose; 'tiding' in the series of small caves she called her den. Rearranging the organised chaos of her small hoard of trinikets... They all seemed so pointless now. The trench loomed in front of her; the dark drop off the small ledge her clanmates had gathered on. The tiniest fraction of light that seeped into the water from miles above... The Seas were so big, for a tiny out-of-place vielspun. Here she couldn't hypnotise enemys with a flutter of her wings; the water dragging against her limbs, rendering fast and delicate movement impossible. Here she couldn't swarm the sky with friends; the only vielspun in a clan of hulking modern breeds, all of which had been ripped to shreds in front of her eyes. Here, she was just a tiny, lonely dragon; smaller than your average fae, and weaker than a baby maren.[/columns] [columns]Here she stood no chance; she'd never hunted for herself. She might as well flop about, useless on the tide, and wait for starvation to take her in it's grasp. That... was a seductive thought. A dangerous, [i]appealing[/i] thought. For the Sea of a Thousand Currents was, for once, exactly how it appeared to any other Flight; a swirling, uncontrolled mass of water. A destructive, oppressive force wielding a thousand, uncontrollable waves. For there was no Lord of the Tides no more; no, the currents were without mind or yield. They destroyed indiscriminately, and tore into all it's inhabitants alike. It no longer cared for any dragon, and no dragon cared for it any longer. And so, as she watched bloodied clumps of fins drift passed her old home... she let go. Her claws released the slimy seaweed; the last touch the farmed plant would feel for eons. Her muscles relaxed though out her body; releasing the tension that had followed the maren war cries. Her heavy eyelids fell to a close; pupils finally relaxing as the paranoid scanning faded to darkness. She let go. She couldn't tell you how long she drifted, nor how far. She couldn't tell if you if the attack had come at night or day; the sun's positioning holding little to no impact on the lifestyle of trench dwellers. She could only tell you what she heard, the jumbled mess of sounds that held no sense to her tired, careless body. The soft cries of young maren children, the worried mutters of Sightless guardians swimming by her, the bubbling laughter of three coatl siblings. Each dragon that passed by impacted her movement without touching her; without noticing her. The fins of guardians slammed her forward; aiding the tide's efforts. The twirling of bubbles spinning from coatl and skydancer feathers sent her careening upwards in a dizzying spin. The side drift from a massive imperial dragged her back down, breaking her from one tide's path and into another. There was no rest; not in the Sea. Not with the Thousand Currents pressing down on her tiny, insignificant body. [center][size=4][i]And then... she came to a stop.[/i] [nextcol][color=transparent]** [nextcol][img]https://i.imgur.com/pVpTn89.png[/img][/columns]
CUNNiQK.png

She hadn't expected to come out of it alive. Not really.

As it was, she still wasn't sure she would get out of this alive.

The entire monastery had been destroyed, right before her eyes, as she quivered and hid under the cover of the seaweed her clanmates had so diligently farmed. The decimated remains of her friends- her family- were still in front of her; frozen as she was with fear. Fear that they- the maren's who had done this- would return; surely, they would finish her off this time. She could do nothing but shiver, her distressed pheromones clouding the water around her; watching as half of Atlas' wing, shredded as it was, floated away in front of her.

The oracles of her clan had cried out in fear, when their Father had disappeared all those years ago- and life had only gotten harder since. In the years that followed the Tidelord's sudden leave of absence, the monastery had suffered more and more damaged from the unpredictable maren attacks. Seekers for lost eggs had stopped returning, surface traders had remained above, and the numbers of the clan had thinned with every passing day. And now...

Shattered eggshells, the remains of Akhlys' latest nest, floated past her now. The hopeful hatchlings... smashed to smithereens by the battle hungry maren pirates that had raided her home.

She had been out of sight when the alarm rose; 'tiding' in the series of small caves she called her den. Rearranging the organised chaos of her small hoard of trinikets...

They all seemed so pointless now.

The trench loomed in front of her; the dark drop off the small ledge her clanmates had gathered on. The tiniest fraction of light that seeped into the water from miles above... The Seas were so big, for a tiny out-of-place vielspun. Here she couldn't hypnotise enemys with a flutter of her wings; the water dragging against her limbs, rendering fast and delicate movement impossible. Here she couldn't swarm the sky with friends; the only vielspun in a clan of hulking modern breeds, all of which had been ripped to shreds in front of her eyes.

Here, she was just a tiny, lonely dragon; smaller than your average fae, and weaker than a baby maren.

Here she stood no chance; she'd never hunted for herself. She might as well flop about, useless on the tide, and wait for starvation to take her in it's grasp.

That... was a seductive thought.

A dangerous, appealing thought.

For the Sea of a Thousand Currents was, for once, exactly how it appeared to any other Flight; a swirling, uncontrolled mass of water. A destructive, oppressive force wielding a thousand, uncontrollable waves. For there was no Lord of the Tides no more; no, the currents were without mind or yield. They destroyed indiscriminately, and tore into all it's inhabitants alike.

It no longer cared for any dragon, and no dragon cared for it any longer.

And so, as she watched bloodied clumps of fins drift passed her old home... she let go.

Her claws released the slimy seaweed; the last touch the farmed plant would feel for eons. Her muscles relaxed though out her body; releasing the tension that had followed the maren war cries. Her heavy eyelids fell to a close; pupils finally relaxing as the paranoid scanning faded to darkness.

She let go.

She couldn't tell you how long she drifted, nor how far. She couldn't tell if you if the attack had come at night or day; the sun's positioning holding little to no impact on the lifestyle of trench dwellers. She could only tell you what she heard, the jumbled mess of sounds that held no sense to her tired, careless body. The soft cries of young maren children, the worried mutters of Sightless guardians swimming by her, the bubbling laughter of three coatl siblings.

Each dragon that passed by impacted her movement without touching her; without noticing her. The fins of guardians slammed her forward; aiding the tide's efforts. The twirling of bubbles spinning from coatl and skydancer feathers sent her careening upwards in a dizzying spin. The side drift from a massive imperial dragged her back down, breaking her from one tide's path and into another.

There was no rest; not in the Sea. Not with the Thousand Currents pressing down on her tiny, insignificant body.
And then... she came to a stop.

pVpTn89.png
And with that, everyone is welcome to post as they please!
And with that, everyone is welcome to post as they please!
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2021835/1][img]http://i.imgur.com/BrwZS5x.png[/img][/url] [columns][color=transparent]****[/color][nextcol] [center][br][size=5][i]"Well howdy!"[/i][/size][size=4][br] A bright, perky voice pulled her from her haze. "What're'ya doin' floatin' about like that? You won't find no swarm in the water!" When she opened her eyes, for the first time since... then. Since then. When she opened her eyes, she expected to still see them; the lifeless corpses of her family, shredded skin floating in front of her face. She still expected to be clinging to seaweed, even if she couldn't feel it; to see blood floating past, even if she couldn't smell it. But... she wasn't there. Not any more. No, she was... somewhere else. Somewhere [i]bright[/i]- brighter than anywhere she had ever been before in her life. The sun... or, that's what she thought it was, was within few. Louder than she thought it would be- visually. It... was hard to see past it; see anything else while her eyes were opened. She closed her eyes again. "Now don't do that- you just woke up, y'know? I wanna know more about you." Who... Reluctantly, slowly, she opened her eyes once more. Turning away from the loud sun, and the blinding bright light it screamed, she slowly rolled over to see what had stopped her. What had halted the tides that had swept her away from... from there. She had to look further up than she thought, for it hadn't been a dragon she'd run into... but a cluster of bamboo, growing out of the water and forming a gentle wall of flora. Perched upon that bamboo, however, was the owner of the... [i]cheery[/i] voice. (She couldn't be cheery. Not now. Not ever again.) "There we go- pleased ta meet'cha! I'm Buzz!" It was another veilspun chirping at her, the dragon grinning as she bounced up and down. Buzz shifted her weight back and forth, as though it pained her to just [i]stop[/i]; as if standing still was but an impossibility. "What's your name?" "..." Bright green eyes blinked down at her, wings fluttering about spastically, as the stranger- as Buzz awaited her answer. "I... am Matilda." "Well, hiya, Matilda!!" Buzz took to the air, her wings fluttering quickly to produce her namesake. Matilda rolled onto her back in the water as she observed the first other veilspun she'd ever met before. Buzz wouldn't do too badly in the trenches; her dark purples would help the small creature blend in well with the looming rocky wall. But... it was clear she wouldn't [i]belong[/i] there; she wouldn't be happy there. Buzz took to the sky like a fish to water; eagerly, instinctively, and with more grace than Matilda thought she could ever master. Buzz thrived in the sky... and something in Matilda longed for the same sensation. "Why're'ya in water, hun?" Buzz queried, flying closer until the two dragons were almost touching snouts. "Oh... wait- you're a- wow!!" And now... they were touching snouts. Matilda crinkled her snout, pushing herself lower into the water to put a bit of distance between the pair. "Wow!! You [i]are[/i]!!" Buzz squealed in delight, pulling back to twirl several loop-de-loops up in the air. "You are, you are, you are!" Matilda flinched back at the fast, sudden movement- a spear flying towards her in her mind- and struggled to breath as the veilspun danced in the air above her. Buzz didn't seem to notice the impact her movement had, and Matilda had plenty of time to respond as the (weird, spazzy, peculiar) dragon danced before her. "I... am what." "A veilspun- a water veilspun!" Buzz crowed excitedly. "I've never met a [i]water[/i] veilspun before- what's it like, being underwater? Is it like flying- have you ever flown before? [i]Can[/i] you fly?" "I... please stop..." Matilda flinched back as Buzz inched forward, moving closer with every question. She couldn't- breathing was becoming harder. With every swift movement, a maren warrior flashed in front of her eyes, until- Matilda was submerged underwater, and Buzz could get no closer. Matilda could see the purple blur dancing in front of her still, but- but Buzz couldn't get to her here. Matilda was sure the other veilspun was asking a thousand more questions a minute, but right now... Matilda just couldn't deal with it. Matilda wait under the surface, breathing though the absent Lord's magic, as the purple blur slowed it's movement. How long it took, for Buzz to slow to a stop atop the bamboo, Matilda didn't know. The sun had lowered, dimmed, grown quieter- but time... time Matilda didn't know. Matilda rose out of the water, and Buzz was silent. "I'm sorry." Matilda broke the silence, this time; picking her slow words carefully- cautiously. "I just- I've gone through a lot, and... I just. I need you to slow down." "I'm sorry, too." Buzz still spoke faster than Matilda, but... the effort was clear, to slow down. "I've always been with a swarm, before- and we're all just... so in tune with each other, that we're all running super fast." "How... about we start over." Matilda offered, amazing herself with the offer. She'd just... gone through the destruction of her family, and yet... and yet Buzz had lit something inside her; something she couldn't put into words. She wanted... to keep going. "That sounds wonderful." Buzz visibly perked up, rearing forward before visibly restraining herself again. "Hi there, I'm Buzz!! What's your name?" "Matilda." She smiled, eyes wet from more than just the water around her. [br][/size][size=5][i]"My name is Matilda."[/i][/size] [nextcol][color=transparent]****[/color][/columns] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2462932][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/89a6a0aab57e76ccd14ef8c8e3376cd9/tumblr_pahwjmMqQE1vx2o8go3_r1_500.gif[/img][/url]
BrwZS5x.png

"Well howdy!"

A bright, perky voice pulled her from her haze.

"What're'ya doin' floatin' about like that? You won't find no swarm in the water!"

When she opened her eyes, for the first time since... then. Since then. When she opened her eyes, she expected to still see them; the lifeless corpses of her family, shredded skin floating in front of her face. She still expected to be clinging to seaweed, even if she couldn't feel it; to see blood floating past, even if she couldn't smell it. But... she wasn't there.

Not any more.

No, she was... somewhere else.

Somewhere bright- brighter than anywhere she had ever been before in her life. The sun... or, that's what she thought it was, was within few. Louder than she thought it would be- visually. It... was hard to see past it; see anything else while her eyes were opened.

She closed her eyes again.

"Now don't do that- you just woke up, y'know? I wanna know more about you."

Who...

Reluctantly, slowly, she opened her eyes once more. Turning away from the loud sun, and the blinding bright light it screamed, she slowly rolled over to see what had stopped her. What had halted the tides that had swept her away from... from there.

She had to look further up than she thought, for it hadn't been a dragon she'd run into... but a cluster of bamboo, growing out of the water and forming a gentle wall of flora. Perched upon that bamboo, however, was the owner of the... cheery voice.

(She couldn't be cheery. Not now. Not ever again.)

"There we go- pleased ta meet'cha! I'm Buzz!" It was another veilspun chirping at her, the dragon grinning as she bounced up and down. Buzz shifted her weight back and forth, as though it pained her to just stop; as if standing still was but an impossibility. "What's your name?"

"..." Bright green eyes blinked down at her, wings fluttering about spastically, as the stranger- as Buzz awaited her answer. "I... am Matilda."

"Well, hiya, Matilda!!" Buzz took to the air, her wings fluttering quickly to produce her namesake. Matilda rolled onto her back in the water as she observed the first other veilspun she'd ever met before.

Buzz wouldn't do too badly in the trenches; her dark purples would help the small creature blend in well with the looming rocky wall. But... it was clear she wouldn't belong there; she wouldn't be happy there. Buzz took to the sky like a fish to water; eagerly, instinctively, and with more grace than Matilda thought she could ever master. Buzz thrived in the sky... and something in Matilda longed for the same sensation.

"Why're'ya in water, hun?" Buzz queried, flying closer until the two dragons were almost touching snouts. "Oh... wait- you're a- wow!!"

And now... they were touching snouts.

Matilda crinkled her snout, pushing herself lower into the water to put a bit of distance between the pair.

"Wow!! You are!!" Buzz squealed in delight, pulling back to twirl several loop-de-loops up in the air. "You are, you are, you are!"

Matilda flinched back at the fast, sudden movement- a spear flying towards her in her mind- and struggled to breath as the veilspun danced in the air above her. Buzz didn't seem to notice the impact her movement had, and Matilda had plenty of time to respond as the (weird, spazzy, peculiar) dragon danced before her.

"I... am what."

"A veilspun- a water veilspun!" Buzz crowed excitedly. "I've never met a water veilspun before- what's it like, being underwater? Is it like flying- have you ever flown before? Can you fly?"

"I... please stop..." Matilda flinched back as Buzz inched forward, moving closer with every question. She couldn't- breathing was becoming harder. With every swift movement, a maren warrior flashed in front of her eyes, until-

Matilda was submerged underwater, and Buzz could get no closer. Matilda could see the purple blur dancing in front of her still, but- but Buzz couldn't get to her here. Matilda was sure the other veilspun was asking a thousand more questions a minute, but right now... Matilda just couldn't deal with it.

Matilda wait under the surface, breathing though the absent Lord's magic, as the purple blur slowed it's movement. How long it took, for Buzz to slow to a stop atop the bamboo, Matilda didn't know. The sun had lowered, dimmed, grown quieter- but time... time Matilda didn't know.

Matilda rose out of the water, and Buzz was silent.

"I'm sorry." Matilda broke the silence, this time; picking her slow words carefully- cautiously. "I just- I've gone through a lot, and... I just. I need you to slow down."

"I'm sorry, too." Buzz still spoke faster than Matilda, but... the effort was clear, to slow down. "I've always been with a swarm, before- and we're all just... so in tune with each other, that we're all running super fast."

"How... about we start over." Matilda offered, amazing herself with the offer. She'd just... gone through the destruction of her family, and yet... and yet Buzz had lit something inside her; something she couldn't put into words.

She wanted... to keep going.

"That sounds wonderful." Buzz visibly perked up, rearing forward before visibly restraining herself again. "Hi there, I'm Buzz!! What's your name?"

"Matilda." She smiled, eyes wet from more than just the water around her.

"My name is Matilda."

tumblr_pahwjmMqQE1vx2o8go3_r1_500.gif
Ooh! I am so enjoying this story! Ping me for updates, please!
Ooh! I am so enjoying this story! Ping me for updates, please!
1 2