Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [WvP]NECROPOLOST[ cyoa] [SIGNUPS CLOSED]
1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 160 161
Day 2: A Sweet-Smelling Tunnel, pt 2. [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/611239/61123818.png[/img][nextcol]"The water's really clear, I saw some fish darting away." He shakes the excess water from his forepaws as he heads towards his partner. [/columns] [columns]"I think we should get going, there's no telling how much further we have to go before we get out of here." [nextcol][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/587609/58760817.png[/img][/columns] Cross the ledge and investigate the SMUDGES cross the LEDGE over the pool
Day 2: A Sweet-Smelling Tunnel, pt 2.
61123818.png "The water's really clear, I saw some fish darting away." He shakes the excess water from his forepaws as he heads towards his partner.
"I think we should get going, there's no telling how much further we have to go before we get out of here." 58760817.png
Cross the ledge and investigate the SMUDGES
cross the LEDGE over the pool
animated square of a pixel art scene linked to my shop for them. it is a foggy lake scene with a deciduous tree and a ghostly deerlike figure, the animation seems like a wind is blowing.__pale green corgi with windsinger-like wisps tugging a red diamond kite linked to cloudsong corgi adopts__circular badge showing the snakelike spirit of wind holding a paintbrush__pixel text reading FR+18, Artist, F2U with an arrow pointing to the image to right, and They/Them.a fake familiar icon showing a grey and rose gold recolor of the mindless flight familiar linked to f2u resource thread
Day 2: Pathway
"Nothing useful here either," the wildclaw said. Strange. She would have thought they would have found something. Oh well, they should be going anyways and with the mushrooms and glimmering stones, they don't have too much space in their satchels.

She turned to look at the two places they could go. The safest way seemed to be the bridge, but the other way, through the tangles of branches might lead them further in.

"I'm thinking we go further. The castle looks interesting, but I'm curious as to what is hiding behind this path," Auxesia said.

"Then towards the forest and down the haphazard path we will go."
Day 2: Pathway
"Nothing useful here either," the wildclaw said. Strange. She would have thought they would have found something. Oh well, they should be going anyways and with the mushrooms and glimmering stones, they don't have too much space in their satchels.

She turned to look at the two places they could go. The safest way seemed to be the bridge, but the other way, through the tangles of branches might lead them further in.

"I'm thinking we go further. The castle looks interesting, but I'm curious as to what is hiding behind this path," Auxesia said.

"Then towards the forest and down the haphazard path we will go."
b2d539f53b798f31f5d6939b881cb7385ceea443.png
@Rivertyl [br][br][emoji=torch]By the time your feet hit the smooth stone floor on the other side of the ledge, your earlier suspicions are confirmed: the smudges on the wall are actually a series of differently-sized openings, honeycombed into the wall in an uneven pattern. Though not one of them is close to big enough to allow you to actually look into it, they are plenty deep enough that they might contain hidden treasures - that is, if you're brave enough to stick your claws into them![br][br][br]You have found some [b]RARE LOOT[/b] (will be sent to you later!). How awesome is that!?[br][br] [emoji=torch]Approaching the arch inspires a sense of foreboding, and the unshakeable sensation that there's magic afoot in this space. Shaking it off, you press on into the narrow tunnel, through the arch and into the waiting darkness, which swallows up all light as though it had never sparked in the first place. Any candle sparked immediately dies, and even the glow of luminescent eyes doesn't make it past the tip of one's snout. Though the sense of magic continues to press around you, using your own is out of the question - it's eerily like you've been Silenced.[br][br]After a few moments of trying to sort through the darkness, you find yourself exiting the same arch you just entered, though you have no memory of taking any turns whatsoever, and if you try to re-enter the arch, you find yourself rebuffed by an invisible wall of force.[br][br][br]You search with all your might, but you cannot find anything worthwhile.[br][br] [emoji=torch]Like the pedestal in the last room, this is a piece of architecture that is clearly a shadow of its former self. Curling scrollwork has been etched into the viridian-hued stone,but the surface is cracked and worn, edged with divots that clearly used to hold gems. Most of them are gone now, and the ones still mounted on the surface are cracked and dull. A shallow channel has been dug around it, and in this channel you can see that some of the gems missing from the altar's face are now scattered in the channel and the dust around it, though it's hard to tell at first glance if any of them are worth taking with you.[br][br]Though this place is long abandoned, the longer you stand here the more it feels like ancient magics are beginning to hum through the air around you...[br][br][br]You search with all your might, but you cannot find anything worthwhile.[br][br]------[br]You're exhausted and decide to rest for the day. No more daily interactions available.
@Rivertyl

By the time your feet hit the smooth stone floor on the other side of the ledge, your earlier suspicions are confirmed: the smudges on the wall are actually a series of differently-sized openings, honeycombed into the wall in an uneven pattern. Though not one of them is close to big enough to allow you to actually look into it, they are plenty deep enough that they might contain hidden treasures - that is, if you're brave enough to stick your claws into them!

You have found some RARE LOOT (will be sent to you later!). How awesome is that!?

Approaching the arch inspires a sense of foreboding, and the unshakeable sensation that there's magic afoot in this space. Shaking it off, you press on into the narrow tunnel, through the arch and into the waiting darkness, which swallows up all light as though it had never sparked in the first place. Any candle sparked immediately dies, and even the glow of luminescent eyes doesn't make it past the tip of one's snout. Though the sense of magic continues to press around you, using your own is out of the question - it's eerily like you've been Silenced.

After a few moments of trying to sort through the darkness, you find yourself exiting the same arch you just entered, though you have no memory of taking any turns whatsoever, and if you try to re-enter the arch, you find yourself rebuffed by an invisible wall of force.

You search with all your might, but you cannot find anything worthwhile.

Like the pedestal in the last room, this is a piece of architecture that is clearly a shadow of its former self. Curling scrollwork has been etched into the viridian-hued stone,but the surface is cracked and worn, edged with divots that clearly used to hold gems. Most of them are gone now, and the ones still mounted on the surface are cracked and dull. A shallow channel has been dug around it, and in this channel you can see that some of the gems missing from the altar's face are now scattered in the channel and the dust around it, though it's hard to tell at first glance if any of them are worth taking with you.

Though this place is long abandoned, the longer you stand here the more it feels like ancient magics are beginning to hum through the air around you...

You're exhausted and decide to rest for the day. No more daily interactions available.

I am trapped as the strong wind flies
And when the stars won't shine for us
Then what’s to gain?
_ qIoInxi.png
@BetaOrionis [br][br][emoji=torch]By the time your feet hit the smooth stone floor on the other side of the ledge, your earlier suspicions are confirmed: the smudges on the wall are actually a series of differently-sized openings, honeycombed into the wall in an uneven pattern. Though not one of them is close to big enough to allow you to actually look into it, they are plenty deep enough that they might contain hidden treasures - that is, if you're brave enough to stick your claws into them![br][br][br]You search with all your might, but you cannot find anything worthwhile.[br][br]------[br]You're exhausted and decide to rest for the day. No more daily interactions available.
@BetaOrionis

By the time your feet hit the smooth stone floor on the other side of the ledge, your earlier suspicions are confirmed: the smudges on the wall are actually a series of differently-sized openings, honeycombed into the wall in an uneven pattern. Though not one of them is close to big enough to allow you to actually look into it, they are plenty deep enough that they might contain hidden treasures - that is, if you're brave enough to stick your claws into them!

You're exhausted and decide to rest for the day. No more daily interactions available.

Then what’s to gain?
_ qIoInxi.png
Iola and Chihiro agree enough that they're not tired enough yet to set up camp; there's still much to explore. The rubble blocks their path, though, so before venturing into the [b]DARKNESS[/b], they make attempts to clear away the [b]CAVE-IN[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51498510][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/514986/51498510p.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52772767][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/527728/52772767p.png[/img][/url]
Iola and Chihiro agree enough that they're not tired enough yet to set up camp; there's still much to explore. The rubble blocks their path, though, so before venturing into the DARKNESS, they make attempts to clear away the CAVE-IN
51498510p.png52772767p.png
tm7K06Z.pngWx0EgSk.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/42919240][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/429193/42919240_350.png[/img][/url][/center] The pantry had been reclaimed by nature long ago but that didn't bother Apis in the slightest. Humming, he scooped some moss and assorted fungi into a sample tray, then pulled out a mortar and pestle, picking and choosing a few to grind up as he paced around the room. This would make more room in his already overflowing bags, and hopefully a few of these powders would come in handy later. "Agh!" His wing spasmed involuntarily, knocking into a shelf and sending him to his knees. Apis' voice rang out through the larger chamber. It seemed the tincture he'd taken earlier was beginning to wear off. That had been his last one, so it seemed these ingredients could be put to good use sooner than expected. Conjuring a small fire, he boiled the ground powder with a bit of sand and tree sap to make it go down easier. Apis gulped the tincture and made a face. It was a lot more rudimentary than the ones he'd brought with him, but it did the trick. Climbing to his feet, he decided to leave the courtyard. As he navigated his way through the rubble once more, Apis contemplated the artifacts he'd been finding along the way. All of them seemed to be for military or defensive purposes. What purpose did this cave serve, long ago? Apis decided to [b]venture further into the darkness ahead[/b], the long hallway had piqued his interest and would give him ample time to think as he walked through it.
42919240_350.png

The pantry had been reclaimed by nature long ago but that didn't bother Apis in the slightest. Humming, he scooped some moss and assorted fungi into a sample tray, then pulled out a mortar and pestle, picking and choosing a few to grind up as he paced around the room. This would make more room in his already overflowing bags, and hopefully a few of these powders would come in handy later.

"Agh!" His wing spasmed involuntarily, knocking into a shelf and sending him to his knees. Apis' voice rang out through the larger chamber. It seemed the tincture he'd taken earlier was beginning to wear off. That had been his last one, so it seemed these ingredients could be put to good use sooner than expected. Conjuring a small fire, he boiled the ground powder with a bit of sand and tree sap to make it go down easier. Apis gulped the tincture and made a face. It was a lot more rudimentary than the ones he'd brought with him, but it did the trick.

Climbing to his feet, he decided to leave the courtyard. As he navigated his way through the rubble once more, Apis contemplated the artifacts he'd been finding along the way. All of them seemed to be for military or defensive purposes. What purpose did this cave serve, long ago?

Apis decided to venture further into the darkness ahead, the long hallway had piqued his interest and would give him ample time to think as he walked through it.
n2Yio0g.png
@dd2900 [br][br]With the rocks from the cave-in shifted away, a narrow entrance is revealed, one that leads into a wide room. Though none of the sconces on the wall work, the area is dimly lit by more of the moss, though this variation doesn't appear to need your touch to alight, just your presence: every second you spend in this room, the moss glows a little brighter, until the reddish light is bright enough to cast eerie illumination around the area.[br][img]https://i.imgur.com/9MzR20p.png[/img][br][emoji=torch]The revealed room is mostly rubble, with the ceiling high overhead opening in several places to reveal stars above. The walls are lined with hollowed-out ledges, and while only a few of them are still intact, it's clear these BENCHES were meant to provide reclining dragons a comfortable place to rest, and you spy some strange shapes tucked away underneath a couple of them. There's an archway inset into each of the walls, but only the LARDER on the left is accessible - the rest are blocked quite thoroughly by the rubble. Some of the rubble appears to be hiding something shiny - perhaps you should DIG at it.[br][br][br]You have found some [b]COMMON LOOT[/b] (will be sent to you later!).[br][br] What would you like to do? (2/3 daily interactions available)[br][br][b]REST[/b][br]Look under the [b]BENCHES[/b][br]Check in the [b]LARDER[/b][br][b]DIG[/b] in the rubble[br][br]------[br]If you're ready to be done with this area, you can set up [b][color=red]C[/color]AMP[/b], or continue into the intimidating [b][color=red]D[/color]ARKNESS.[/b]
@dd2900

With the rocks from the cave-in shifted away, a narrow entrance is revealed, one that leads into a wide room. Though none of the sconces on the wall work, the area is dimly lit by more of the moss, though this variation doesn't appear to need your touch to alight, just your presence: every second you spend in this room, the moss glows a little brighter, until the reddish light is bright enough to cast eerie illumination around the area.
9MzR20p.png
The revealed room is mostly rubble, with the ceiling high overhead opening in several places to reveal stars above. The walls are lined with hollowed-out ledges, and while only a few of them are still intact, it's clear these BENCHES were meant to provide reclining dragons a comfortable place to rest, and you spy some strange shapes tucked away underneath a couple of them. There's an archway inset into each of the walls, but only the LARDER on the left is accessible - the rest are blocked quite thoroughly by the rubble. Some of the rubble appears to be hiding something shiny - perhaps you should DIG at it.

You have found some COMMON LOOT (will be sent to you later!).

What would you like to do? (2/3 daily interactions available)

REST
Look under the BENCHES
Check in the LARDER
DIG in the rubble

If you're ready to be done with this area, you can set up CAMP, or continue into the intimidating DARKNESS.

Then what’s to gain?
_ qIoInxi.png
[Center][Img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/596054/59605342.png[/img][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/543830/54382983.png[/img][/center] Sarav came rushing back to Haxvin after his encounter with the ruby. It was clear to them he was freaked out by whatever he saw in it. "Did you manage to read it?" To most dragons, their tone would sound sarcastic and unconcerned, but Sarav knew Haxvin was worried about how spooked he seemed. Sarav just shook his head, starting to calm down. "Care to share what happened over there?" Haxvin reached over and started preening his head feathers. "It was weird... something came over me and I couldn't stop watching as the shadows danced in it. And when I broke out of the trance, I fell over... I'd like to get away from that thing." "Well, let's do that. I'm ready to go. Found a bunch of different fungi to take home, some unlike any I've ever seen." They both stayed there for a while, resting and gathering their thoughts. From their spot, they observed the paths and eventually agreed to follow the HAPHAZARD PATH.
59605342.png54382983.png

Sarav came rushing back to Haxvin after his encounter with the ruby. It was clear to them he was freaked out by whatever he saw in it. "Did you manage to read it?" To most dragons, their tone would sound sarcastic and unconcerned, but Sarav knew Haxvin was worried about how spooked he seemed.

Sarav just shook his head, starting to calm down.

"Care to share what happened over there?" Haxvin reached over and started preening his head feathers.

"It was weird... something came over me and I couldn't stop watching as the shadows danced in it. And when I broke out of the trance, I fell over... I'd like to get away from that thing."

"Well, let's do that. I'm ready to go. Found a bunch of different fungi to take home, some unlike any I've ever seen."

They both stayed there for a while, resting and gathering their thoughts. From their spot, they observed the paths and eventually agreed to follow the HAPHAZARD PATH.
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
RYOGC9t.png v886aA7.png etQ32zN.png
[center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/404175/40417446p.png[/img][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/403922/40392184p.png[/img][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/404239/40423827p.png[/img][/center] The sight is too wonderful to resist. Ambrosine knows the call of otherworldly magic when she sees it... but even so, she still can't resist the compulsion to inspect the [b]RUBY[/b]. Returning to her after their fruitless scavenging, Khaalida and Oni inspect the ruby over Ambrosine's shoulder for a moment. "My, my," Khaalida mutters, before her gaze turns to the [b]RIVER[/b]. "I am somewhat thirsty-- I'll head on down there for a drink!" Oni follows her for a moment, but her gaze is caught by the [b]ROOTS[/b] covering the stones. It's short work for her to uncover them. After that, and before her mothers can stop her, Oni begins to trundle her way across the [b]BRIDGE[/b]-- the lure of the forgotten city is too much to bear! ((A quicker reply, since it's late!))
40417446p.png40392184p.png40423827p.png

The sight is too wonderful to resist. Ambrosine knows the call of otherworldly magic when she sees it... but even so, she still can't resist the compulsion to inspect the RUBY.

Returning to her after their fruitless scavenging, Khaalida and Oni inspect the ruby over Ambrosine's shoulder for a moment. "My, my," Khaalida mutters, before her gaze turns to the RIVER. "I am somewhat thirsty-- I'll head on down there for a drink!"

Oni follows her for a moment, but her gaze is caught by the ROOTS covering the stones. It's short work for her to uncover them.

After that, and before her mothers can stop her, Oni begins to trundle her way across the BRIDGE-- the lure of the forgotten city is too much to bear!

((A quicker reply, since it's late!))
YUDrFCG.png
[center][b]Day 2 – Part 4[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/46809027][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/468091/46809027_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Maelrys decides to follow the HAPHAZARD PATH. Maybe there'll be something interesting down there. [I never got a reply to my third interaction, so I'm going to go ahead and post this.]
Day 2 – Part 4
46809027_350.png

Maelrys decides to follow the HAPHAZARD PATH. Maybe there'll be something interesting down there.

_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 160 161