Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [challenge] the egg long drop
1 2 3 4 5 6
i am bad at generally sticking to one venue & would like to, so i present to you all: [b]the egg long drop challenge[/b]. [center][emoji=firework size=1] & you too can join me in suffering! [emoji=firework size=1] [size=2]or just watch mine.[/size][/center] this is a modification of [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/1971573/1#post_1971573]the long drop challenge[/url]. [emoji=scroll size=1] terms// [LIST] [*]select a venue. [*]you may leave the venue to level fodder and grind for festival currency. [indent]or you know. whenever. it's more that you have a place to default to. please do not genuinely lock yourself into a venue for this.[/indent] [*]the challenge is complete when you obtain [b]99 unhatched eggs[/b] from the selected venue. they do not need to be the same element. see you all in 15 years![/LIST] [emoji=special eyes size=1] bonus/alternative terms// [LIST] [*]split your egg hunting between multiple venues. [*]select 2 different elemental eggs. make the gods fight to show you their favor. the egg you have the most of at the end wins. [*]whatever makes the challenge enjoyable for you! [/LIST] [emoji=crescent moon 1 size=1] night of the nocturne// [LIST] [*]though the base challenge is elemental eggs only, you may count nocturne eggs obtained via chests and materials gathered in your selected venue towards your egg goal. [/LIST] [i]though you don't need to, recording interesting drops could be a fun way to see the progress of your journey between eggs.[/i]
i am bad at generally sticking to one venue & would like to, so i present to you all: the egg long drop challenge.
& you too can join me in suffering!
or just watch mine.
this is a modification of the long drop challenge.

terms//
  • select a venue.
  • you may leave the venue to level fodder and grind for festival currency.
    or you know. whenever. it's more that you have a place to default to. please do not genuinely lock yourself into a venue for this.
  • the challenge is complete when you obtain 99 unhatched eggs from the selected venue. they do not need to be the same element. see you all in 15 years!
bonus/alternative terms//
  • split your egg hunting between multiple venues.
  • select 2 different elemental eggs. make the gods fight to show you their favor. the egg you have the most of at the end wins.
  • whatever makes the challenge enjoyable for you!
night of the nocturne//
  • though the base challenge is elemental eggs only, you may count nocturne eggs obtained via chests and materials gathered in your selected venue towards your egg goal.
though you don't need to, recording interesting drops could be a fun way to see the progress of your journey between eggs.
a stylized dayjar - restore hoardsold items.
- maki's festival guide & event calendar.
- uncheck "hoard... while scrolling" to unsticky your hoard.
- buying an apparel slot for a dragon unlocks it for all of your dragons.
i'm not sure if i'll hatch the dragons i get from this or not. probably though. for science! there is no science. i'll list them here if i do.
i'm not sure if i'll hatch the dragons i get from this or not. probably though. for science! there is no science. i'll list them here if i do.
egg count as of 8/9// 0 updates// may 23rd: "i've gotten two hours of sleep, hey let's-" aka the start. the venue i selected is the [b]forbidden portal[/b]. june 5th: moved my selection from the waterway to the forbidden portal. july 14th: still lookin' for eggos. september 18th: idk what an egg even is october 5th: i got two eggs from the crystal pools while farming for starfall [i]aaaaa[/i]. december 5th: aaaaa december 21st: [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/emojis/775485504711295026.png[/img] feb 12th, 2021: [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/emojis/775485504711295026.png[/img][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/emojis/775485504711295026.png[/img] august 9th, 2021: i am moving to the blooming grove for a change of pace!
egg count as of 8/9//

updates//
may 23rd: "i've gotten two hours of sleep, hey let's-" aka the start.

the venue i selected is the forbidden portal.

june 5th: moved my selection from the waterway to the forbidden portal.

july 14th: still lookin' for eggos.

september 18th: idk what an egg even is

october 5th: i got two eggs from the crystal pools while farming for starfall aaaaa.

december 5th: aaaaa

december 21st: 775485504711295026.png

feb 12th, 2021: 775485504711295026.png775485504711295026.png

august 9th, 2021:
i am moving to the blooming grove for a change of pace!
[item=Soldier's Supplies]x5[item=Treasured Planter]x4[item=Alstroemeria Fox][item=Grove Piper][item=Maned Cerdae][item=Moonlight Fungi][item=barkskin watcher][item=brown birdskull necklace]
Soldier's Supplies x5 Treasured Planter x4 Alstroemeria Fox Grove Piper Maned Cerdae Moonlight Fungi Barkskin Watcher Brown Birdskull Necklace
idk if i'll need this but here it is!
idk if i'll need this but here it is!
Keep thinking about this challenge so I'll go ahead and plant a flag here. I'm splitting the challenge across 3 venues. [size=5][b]Waterway[/b][/size] [img]https://i.imgur.com/aDpldke.png[/img] [columns][item=unhatched arcane egg][center][b]1[/b] [nextcol][item=unhatched earth egg][center][b]3[/b] [nextcol][item=unhatched fire egg][center][b]0[/b] [nextcol][item=unhatched ice egg][center][b]1[/b] [nextcol][item=unhatched light egg][center][b]0[/b] [nextcol][item=unhatched lightning egg][center][b]1[/b] [/columns] [columns][item=unhatched nature egg][center][b]1[/b] [nextcol][item=unhatched plague egg][center][b]2[/b] [nextcol][item=unhatched shadow egg][center][b]1[/b] [nextcol][item=unhatched water egg][center][b]1[/b] [nextcol][item=unhatched wind egg][center][b]1[/b] [nextcol][b][color=transparent]xxx[/color]total:[/b] 12 [/columns] [img]https://i.imgur.com/aDpldke.png[/img] [size=5][b]Volcanic Vents[/b][/size] [img]https://i.imgur.com/ttvExts.png[/img] [columns][item=unhatched arcane egg][center][b]0[/b] [nextcol][item=unhatched earth egg][center][b]0[/b] [nextcol][item=unhatched fire egg][center][b]6[/b] [nextcol][item=unhatched ice egg][center][b]1[/b] [nextcol][item=unhatched light egg][center][b]1[/b] [nextcol][item=unhatched lightning egg][center][b]0[/b] [/columns] [columns][item=unhatched nature egg][center][b]3[/b] [nextcol][item=unhatched plague egg][center][b]0[/b] [nextcol][item=unhatched shadow egg][center][b]1[/b] [nextcol][item=unhatched water egg][center][b]2[/b] [nextcol][item=unhatched wind egg][center][b]1[/b] [nextcol][b][color=transparent]xxx[/color]total:[/b] 15 [/columns] [img]https://i.imgur.com/ttvExts.png[/img] [size=5][b]Mire[/b][/size] [img]https://i.imgur.com/vIVKA5K.png[/img] [columns][item=unhatched arcane egg][center][b]4[/b] [nextcol][item=unhatched earth egg][center][b]2[/b] [nextcol][item=unhatched fire egg][center][b]2[/b] [nextcol][item=unhatched ice egg][center][b]2[/b] [nextcol][item=unhatched light egg][center][b]2[/b] [nextcol][item=unhatched lightning egg][center][b]5[/b] [/columns] [columns][item=unhatched nature egg][center][b]0[/b] [nextcol][item=unhatched plague egg][center][b]8[/b] [nextcol][item=unhatched shadow egg][center][b]5[/b] [nextcol][item=unhatched water egg][center][b]1[/b] [nextcol][item=unhatched wind egg][center][b]4[/b] [nextcol][b][color=transparent]xxx[/color]total:[/b] 35 [/columns] [img]https://i.imgur.com/vIVKA5K.png[/img] [size=2][i]dividers designed by [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2593443]cynicalCrows[/url][/i][/size]
Keep thinking about this challenge so I'll go ahead and plant a flag here. I'm splitting the challenge across 3 venues.

Waterway
aDpldke.png
Unhatched Arcane Egg
Unhatched Earth Egg
Unhatched Fire Egg
Unhatched Ice Egg
Unhatched Light Egg
Unhatched Lightning Egg
Unhatched Nature Egg
Unhatched Plague Egg
Unhatched Shadow Egg
Unhatched Water Egg
Unhatched Wind Egg
xxxtotal: 12
aDpldke.png

Volcanic Vents
ttvExts.png
Unhatched Arcane Egg
Unhatched Earth Egg
Unhatched Fire Egg
Unhatched Ice Egg
Unhatched Light Egg
Unhatched Lightning Egg
Unhatched Nature Egg
Unhatched Plague Egg
Unhatched Shadow Egg
Unhatched Water Egg
Unhatched Wind Egg
xxxtotal: 15
ttvExts.png

Mire
vIVKA5K.png
Unhatched Arcane Egg
Unhatched Earth Egg
Unhatched Fire Egg
Unhatched Ice Egg
Unhatched Light Egg
Unhatched Lightning Egg
Unhatched Nature Egg
Unhatched Plague Egg
Unhatched Shadow Egg
Unhatched Water Egg
Unhatched Wind Egg
xxxtotal: 35
vIVKA5K.png

dividers designed by cynicalCrows
also going to put a post down, can't stop thinking about this either for whatever reason [b]waterway:[/b] [columns][item=unhatched fire egg] [center]0[/center] [item=unhatched plague egg] [center]0[/center] [nextcol][item=unhatched water egg] [center]0[/center] [item=unhatched nature egg] [center]0[/center] [nextcol][item=unhatched shadow egg] [center]0[/center] [item=unhatched Earth egg] [center]0[/center] [nextcol][item=unhatched arcane egg] [center]0[/center] [item=unhatched light egg] [center]0[/center] [nextcol][item=unhatched wind egg] [center]0[/center] [item=unhatched ice egg] [center]0[/center] [nextcol][item=unhatched lightning egg] [center]0[/center] [item=unhatched nocturne egg] [center]total: 0[/center] [/columns] [b]mire:[/b] [columns][item=unhatched fire egg] [center]1[/center] [item=unhatched plague egg] [center]0[/center] [nextcol][item=unhatched water egg] [center]0[/center] [item=unhatched nature egg] [center]0[/center] [nextcol][item=unhatched shadow egg] [center]0[/center] [item=unhatched Earth egg] [center]0[/center] [nextcol][item=unhatched arcane egg] [center]0[/center] [item=unhatched light egg] [center]0[/center] [nextcol][item=unhatched wind egg] [center]1[/center] [item=unhatched ice egg] [center]0[/center] [nextcol][item=unhatched lightning egg] [center]0[/center] [item=unhatched nocturne egg] [center]total: 2[/center] [/columns] [b]forbidden portal:[/b] [columns][item=unhatched fire egg] [center]0[/center] [item=unhatched plague egg] [center]0[/center] [nextcol][item=unhatched water egg] [center]0[/center] [item=unhatched nature egg] [center]0[/center] [nextcol][item=unhatched shadow egg] [center]0[/center] [item=unhatched Earth egg] [center]0[/center] [nextcol][item=unhatched arcane egg] [center]0[/center] [item=unhatched light egg] [center]0[/center] [nextcol][item=unhatched wind egg] [center]0[/center] [item=unhatched ice egg] [center]0[/center] [nextcol][item=unhatched lightning egg] [center]0[/center] [item=unhatched nocturne egg] [center]total: 0[/center] [/columns]
also going to put a post down, can't stop thinking about this either for whatever reason

waterway:
Unhatched Fire Egg
Unhatched Plague Egg
Unhatched Water Egg
Unhatched Nature Egg
Unhatched Shadow Egg
Unhatched Earth Egg
Unhatched Arcane Egg
Unhatched Light Egg
Unhatched Wind Egg
Unhatched Ice Egg
Unhatched Lightning Egg
Unhatched Nocturne Egg
total: 0

mire:
Unhatched Fire Egg
Unhatched Plague Egg
Unhatched Water Egg
Unhatched Nature Egg
Unhatched Shadow Egg
Unhatched Earth Egg
Unhatched Arcane Egg
Unhatched Light Egg
Unhatched Wind Egg
Unhatched Ice Egg
Unhatched Lightning Egg
Unhatched Nocturne Egg
total: 2

forbidden portal:
Unhatched Fire Egg
Unhatched Plague Egg
Unhatched Water Egg
Unhatched Nature Egg
Unhatched Shadow Egg
Unhatched Earth Egg
Unhatched Arcane Egg
Unhatched Light Egg
Unhatched Wind Egg
Unhatched Ice Egg
Unhatched Lightning Egg
Unhatched Nocturne Egg
total: 0
iQrvnPv.png
im so glad people are willing to join in this suffering.

i've also moved to the forbidden portal, because aesthetic and i didn't expect a new venue!!
im so glad people are willing to join in this suffering.

i've also moved to the forbidden portal, because aesthetic and i didn't expect a new venue!!
Since the forbidden portal has come out, I'm willing to do this. I also just like [s]pain and salt[/s] collecting eggs. I'm letting myself have a little bit of leeway in that I have three venues to choose from. I don't intend to get 33 in each, but I will still get 99. It'll just possibly be more concentrated than 33 each. I'll put the images when I get them. [u]Current salt level: FINALLY! ITS BEEN TWO YEARS ASJKRLYHKU-[/u] [b]Woodland Path (0/?):[/b] [columns] [/columns] [b]Boreal Wood (1/?):[/b] [columns] [Item=Unhatched Plague Egg]x1 [/columns] [b]Mire (0/?):[/b] [columns] [/columns] [i][b]Total: 1/99[/b][/i] [quote=Notable Drops (Probably not up to date)][columns][item=primary gene: candycane (banescale)]x1 [nextcol][item=primary gene: python]x1[/columns][/quote] [quote=Salt Log] [size=2][u]Single grain. Why none, you ask? Because I already have salt at myself for choosing to do this.[/u] (June 5, 2020.) [u]Three pinches, one for each Terror Toad in a row I encountered when trying to train fodder.[/u] (June 19, 2020.) [u]Half a spoonful. Training fodder is a great way to get stuff in the meantime but it also means bosses ruin a run in the mire.[/u] (October 7, 2020.) [u]I went to the mire for three hours and all I have to show for it is this lousy scythe kamaitachi.[/u] (December 3, 2020.) [u]Probably a full bowl, because I got an egg in the wrong venue AGAIN.[/u] (December 24, 2020.) [u]AND WE'RE BACK![/u] (May 8, 2021.) [u]I gave up with the notable drops because RNG really said "You can have a lot of familiars and apparel, but NO EGGS." so now I'm only keeping track of eggs and genes/eliminates.[/u] (May 30, 2021.) [u]Oh hey this is a thing.[/u] (March 7, 2022.) [u]FINALLY! ITS BEEN TWO YEARS ASJKRLYHKU-[/u] (August 10, 2022)[/size][/quote] [quote=Extras log][size=2][u]Changed Kelp Beds to Boreal Wood because I don't like Kelp Beds anymore.[/u] (December 3, 2020.) [u]Changed Forbidden Portal to Volcanic Vents because I need a familiar from there.[/u] (May 20, 2021.) [u]Changed Volcanic Vents back to Forbidden Portal because I got the familiar I needed.[/u] (May 26, 2021.) [u]Changed Forbidden Portal to Training Fields because I'm starting work on completing my Hibernal Den.[/u] (June 2, 2021.) [u]Changed Training Fields to Woodland Path. Hibernal den is going well so far.[/u] (June 8, 2021.)[/size][/quote]
Since the forbidden portal has come out, I'm willing to do this. I also just like pain and salt collecting eggs. I'm letting myself have a little bit of leeway in that I have three venues to choose from. I don't intend to get 33 in each, but I will still get 99. It'll just possibly be more concentrated than 33 each. I'll put the images when I get them.

Current salt level: FINALLY! ITS BEEN TWO YEARS ASJKRLYHKU-

Woodland Path (0/?):

Boreal Wood (1/?):
Unhatched Plague Egg x1

Mire (0/?):

Total: 1/99

Notable Drops (Probably not up to date) wrote:
x1 Primary Gene: Python x1
Salt Log wrote:
Single grain. Why none, you ask? Because I already have salt at myself for choosing to do this. (June 5, 2020.)
Three pinches, one for each Terror Toad in a row I encountered when trying to train fodder. (June 19, 2020.)
Half a spoonful. Training fodder is a great way to get stuff in the meantime but it also means bosses ruin a run in the mire. (October 7, 2020.)
I went to the mire for three hours and all I have to show for it is this lousy scythe kamaitachi. (December 3, 2020.)
Probably a full bowl, because I got an egg in the wrong venue AGAIN. (December 24, 2020.)
AND WE'RE BACK! (May 8, 2021.)
I gave up with the notable drops because RNG really said "You can have a lot of familiars and apparel, but NO EGGS." so now I'm only keeping track of eggs and genes/eliminates. (May 30, 2021.)
Oh hey this is a thing. (March 7, 2022.)
FINALLY! ITS BEEN TWO YEARS ASJKRLYHKU- (August 10, 2022)
Extras log wrote:
Changed Kelp Beds to Boreal Wood because I don't like Kelp Beds anymore. (December 3, 2020.)
Changed Forbidden Portal to Volcanic Vents because I need a familiar from there. (May 20, 2021.)
Changed Volcanic Vents back to Forbidden Portal because I got the familiar I needed. (May 26, 2021.)
Changed Forbidden Portal to Training Fields because I'm starting work on completing my Hibernal Den. (June 2, 2021.)
Changed Training Fields to Woodland Path. Hibernal den is going well so far. (June 8, 2021.)
no eggs, but i continue to get a lot of friends.
no eggs, but i continue to get a lot of friends.
1 2 3 4 5 6