Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Q] Bestiary Quest
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/DUZRbRs.png[/img] [s]While I wait on the cool-downs for my l[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2790116]egacy challenge[/url], I need to do something with my time. [/s] I've been playing this game for years and have usually been content to ignore my bestiary, but I think it's time for that to change. You know. Now that the rare familiars are even more expensive and impossible to obtain. Because that's smart. But never mind being a completionist. I found the Visual Guide to Familiars and it SPOKE to me. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2376787][img]http://i.imgur.com/nT4ZdTo.png[/img][/url] The thought occurred to me that I could work my way through filling out my bestiary one category at a time. And as I did, the lore possibilities began to develop in my mind... [quote] having fled madness of [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2377220/1]Pascale's apocalypse-mongering[/url], Pearl and her surviving heirs made their way deep into Sornieth, seeking allies to help reclaim the Sunbeam Ruins from the headmaster's mad plans. There, tired and aimless, they met a curious trio: Anackire, a maiden with pyromancy; Ulryk, an enormous talking wolf; and Bloodborne, a retired assassin. The group of them discussed the situation, and agreed to team up together to try to fight back against Pascale. But to do that, they'd need an army. And their allies would come from a surprising place indeed... [/quote] A faction of my dragons are traveling Sornieth, trying to befriend the Beast Clans and tame various wild animals, collect powerful artifacts, etc. with the goal of amassing an army/power to go fight the insane death cultist who is[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2790116/1] resurrecting old gods[/url] and summoning monsters from other worlds. What could go wrong? [/center]
DUZRbRs.png

While I wait on the cool-downs for my legacy challenge, I need to do something with my time.

I've been playing this game for years and have usually been content to ignore my bestiary, but I think it's time for that to change. You know. Now that the rare familiars are even more expensive and impossible to obtain. Because that's smart.

But never mind being a completionist. I found the Visual Guide to Familiars and it SPOKE to me.

nT4ZdTo.png

The thought occurred to me that I could work my way through filling out my bestiary one category at a time. And as I did, the lore possibilities began to develop in my mind...
Quote:
having fled madness of Pascale's apocalypse-mongering, Pearl and her surviving heirs made their way deep into Sornieth, seeking allies to help reclaim the Sunbeam Ruins from the headmaster's mad plans.

There, tired and aimless, they met a curious trio: Anackire, a maiden with pyromancy; Ulryk, an enormous talking wolf; and Bloodborne, a retired assassin. The group of them discussed the situation, and agreed to team up together to try to fight back against Pascale.

But to do that, they'd need an army.

And their allies would come from a surprising place indeed...

A faction of my dragons are traveling Sornieth, trying to befriend the Beast Clans and tame various wild animals, collect powerful artifacts, etc. with the goal of amassing an army/power to go fight the insane death cultist who is resurrecting old gods and summoning monsters from other worlds.

What could go wrong?
Total Familiars: 693/785
Awakened: 294/785

Totals will be updated on a weekly or so basis, for sanity's sake. That's when I'll post my chest openings, too.

Familiars will undoubtedly be acquired as I go about my day-to-day activities, but the ones I'm actively searching for at any given time will be the ones on the list in the next post. When I achieve a full portion of a set, I'll make note of it and maybe even write a bit of lore if I'm feeling like it.

Although I certainly can just buy familiars, I'll make an effort to keep it at least a little bit in character with gathering, coliseum, Baldwin etc. to try to secure as many as possible without spending any money. It's more fun that way. Also I'm a cheapskate.

Collections:
Total Familiars: 693/785
Awakened: 294/785

Totals will be updated on a weekly or so basis, for sanity's sake. That's when I'll post my chest openings, too.

Familiars will undoubtedly be acquired as I go about my day-to-day activities, but the ones I'm actively searching for at any given time will be the ones on the list in the next post. When I achieve a full portion of a set, I'll make note of it and maybe even write a bit of lore if I'm feeling like it.

Although I certainly can just buy familiars, I'll make an effort to keep it at least a little bit in character with gathering, coliseum, Baldwin etc. to try to secure as many as possible without spending any money. It's more fun that way. Also I'm a cheapskate.

Collections:
[b]CURRENTLY WORKING ON -- Other Furry Creatures[/b] [item=Glossy Duskrat][item=Treehorn Wolpertinger][item=Fae Ferret][item=Silver Ferret][item=Chocolate Ferret][item=Rivermouth Flatbill][item=Driftwood Baron][item=Fluted Pukasloth][item=Spotted Pukasloth][item=Bramblecrown Stoat][item=Crowncrest Melprin][item=Melprin][item=Roundhorn Melprin][item=Dreameater][item=Mammophant][item=Cursed Bat][item=Coarsefur Yeti][item=Bearded Yeti][item=Rat King][item=Ghostly Rat Lord][item=Rainbowbeast][item=Overcharged Silverbeast][item=Goldenbeast] [item=Aberrant Chacma] ============================= [item=Crested Waveskimmer] = Bonding achieve GEMS MARKETPLACE [item=Prancing Capricat][item=Longhorn Capricat] 250g [item=Spiral Capricat] (bonding) [item=Mock Firebird] = Gem marketplace (cycled out) 450g (200g in stock) [item=Skoll][item=Hati]= 250g NoTN [item=Flutterbun][item=Autumn Millifae][item=Spring Millifae] Swipp's Swap [item=Longwing Epiptite] [item=Barking Jester] Boss Drops [item=Hawksbill Goliath][item=Mantarune][item=Crowned Roc] NOT IN CIRCULATION [item=Golden Bantam Fangar]
CURRENTLY WORKING ON -- Other Furry Creatures

Glossy Duskrat Treehorn Wolpertinger Fae Ferret Silver Ferret Chocolate Ferret Rivermouth Flatbill Driftwood Baron Fluted Pukasloth Spotted Pukasloth Bramblecrown Stoat Crowncrest Melprin Melprin Roundhorn Melprin Dreameater Mammophant Cursed Bat Coarsefur Yeti Bearded Yeti Rat King Ghostly Rat Lord Rainbowbeast Overcharged Silverbeast Goldenbeast
Aberrant Chacma

=============================

Crested Waveskimmer = Bonding achieve

GEMS MARKETPLACE
Prancing Capricat Longhorn Capricat 250g Spiral Capricat (bonding)
Mock Firebird = Gem marketplace (cycled out) 450g (200g in stock)
Skoll Hati = 250g

NoTN
Flutterbun Autumn Millifae Spring Millifae

Swipp's Swap
Longwing Epiptite Barking Jester

Boss Drops
Hawksbill Goliath Mantarune Crowned Roc

NOT IN CIRCULATION
Golden Bantam Fangar
[quote]PING LIST: @Foxe @JadeDragon18 @nejibana[/quote] Okay! Open for posting now if you want, please don't mind my dust. I am happy to accept donations and/or familiar swaps -- just reach out about what I might have extras of and we'll go from there. Once per week, I'll open my chests from bonding and post the notable results here :)
Quote:
PING LIST: @Foxe @JadeDragon18 @nejibana

Okay! Open for posting now if you want, please don't mind my dust.

I am happy to accept donations and/or familiar swaps -- just reach out about what I might have extras of and we'll go from there.

Once per week, I'll open my chests from bonding and post the notable results here :)
Fen's Log 1/19/20

All right. Starting off this quest here with about 700kT in the bank and 3400g. I opened all my bonding chests earlier today before I thought about doing this quest, oops.

Bonding with a bunch of familiars is such an enormous pain. I definitely don't remember to do it every day, and some days I don't even get through a percentage of them before I get bored, but I'm gonna TRY to awaken as many familiars as I can. Because chests are nice.

Organization is not my forte, so we'll see how long it lasts and this thread stays nice and pretty. In the interests of giving myself attainable goals in small manageable chunks, I'm gonna focus on a handful of familiars from the top of my beastclans list:

Dunhoof Ambassador
- Currently unavailable (cycles in fall)
- Costs 2kG in AH, but 250g in the marketplace so just wait

Dappled Dunhoof
- Hunting in Earth, Plague, Wind or Ice
- 65g in AH

Wintermane Minstrel
- Drops in Thunderhead Savanna
- 75g in AH

Dapplemane Deceiver
- Buy from Joxar (recolor of Crystalcourt Ambassador)
- 45g in AH

Barkskin Watcher
- Drops in Blooming Grove
- 3g in AH

Witherbough Warlock
- Buy from Joxar (recolor of Gladegift Ambassador)
- 95g in AH

Grove Piper
- 3g in AH

Spotted Faun
- 5g in AH

I just went ahead and bought the Swiftfoot Slayer, Wintermane Bowman and Plainstrider Bard for 3g each while I was researching on the AH because they were cheap and scattered all over the map. But I'm going to try to farm Blooming Grove for a bit to see if I can snag those three as drops before I buy them, since they're all clustered there.

I'll also start hunting in Dunhoof territory. Gonna have to wait for the fall to snag that ambassador, though, no point in over-paying 10x out of impatience.

Guess I'll try my luck with the Joxar items once the holiday comes....
Fen's Log 1/19/20

All right. Starting off this quest here with about 700kT in the bank and 3400g. I opened all my bonding chests earlier today before I thought about doing this quest, oops.

Bonding with a bunch of familiars is such an enormous pain. I definitely don't remember to do it every day, and some days I don't even get through a percentage of them before I get bored, but I'm gonna TRY to awaken as many familiars as I can. Because chests are nice.

Organization is not my forte, so we'll see how long it lasts and this thread stays nice and pretty. In the interests of giving myself attainable goals in small manageable chunks, I'm gonna focus on a handful of familiars from the top of my beastclans list:

Dunhoof Ambassador
- Currently unavailable (cycles in fall)
- Costs 2kG in AH, but 250g in the marketplace so just wait

Dappled Dunhoof
- Hunting in Earth, Plague, Wind or Ice
- 65g in AH

Wintermane Minstrel
- 75g in AH

Dapplemane Deceiver
- Buy from Joxar (recolor of Crystalcourt Ambassador)
- 45g in AH

Barkskin Watcher
- 3g in AH

Witherbough Warlock
- Buy from Joxar (recolor of Gladegift Ambassador)
- 95g in AH

Grove Piper
- 3g in AH

Spotted Faun
- 5g in AH

I just went ahead and bought the Swiftfoot Slayer, Wintermane Bowman and Plainstrider Bard for 3g each while I was researching on the AH because they were cheap and scattered all over the map. But I'm going to try to farm Blooming Grove for a bit to see if I can snag those three as drops before I buy them, since they're all clustered there.

I'll also start hunting in Dunhoof territory. Gonna have to wait for the fall to snag that ambassador, though, no point in over-paying 10x out of impatience.

Guess I'll try my luck with the Joxar items once the holiday comes....
Midweek check-in. The Blooming Grove grinding continues without much progress. I'm alternating between leveling my secondary team there, and just stomping through with my fodder-trainers. Some incidentals I've picked up along the way, through various means: [item=grasslands trunker][item=fungi sage][item=white rot deer][item=marbled serpenta][item=downy fox rat] I'll go buy the other fox rat later, while it's still cycled in. They are VERY CUTE so that's a perk. Eye-balling the next category on my list... Masked Harpy - Drops in Harpy's Roost - 3g in AH Stonewatch Harpy - Drops in Harpy's Roost - 3g in AH Mesacliff Harpy - Drops in Harpy's Roost - 3g in AH Windcarve Bladedancer - Drops in Harpy's Roost - 25g in AH Mesacliff Assassin - Drops in Harpy's Roost - 20g in AH Chillwind Harpy - Drops in Volcanic Vents - 3g in AH Stormcloud Harpy - Drops in Volcanic Vents - 3g in AH Condorwing Champion - Drops in Thunderhead Savanna - 15g in AH Falconclaw Warrior - Drops in Thunderhead Savanna - 15g in AH Windcarve Fugitive - Drops in Crystal Pools - 3g in AH Eye of Talona - Joxar item (recolor) - 40g in AH ....I guess I have A LOT OF GRINDING TO DO. Oh well. At least I can level fodder in Harpy's Roost. It'll take a while, but that's probably my best bet for a bit until I can soak up these familiars.
Midweek check-in.

The Blooming Grove grinding continues without much progress. I'm alternating between leveling my secondary team there, and just stomping through with my fodder-trainers.

Some incidentals I've picked up along the way, through various means:
Grasslands Trunker Fungi Sage White Rot Deer Marbled Serpenta Downy Fox Rat

I'll go buy the other fox rat later, while it's still cycled in. They are VERY CUTE so that's a perk.

Eye-balling the next category on my list...

Masked Harpy
- Drops in Harpy's Roost
- 3g in AH

Stonewatch Harpy
- Drops in Harpy's Roost
- 3g in AH

Mesacliff Harpy
- Drops in Harpy's Roost
- 3g in AH

Windcarve Bladedancer
- Drops in Harpy's Roost
- 25g in AH

Mesacliff Assassin
- Drops in Harpy's Roost
- 20g in AH

Chillwind Harpy
- Drops in Volcanic Vents
- 3g in AH

Stormcloud Harpy
- Drops in Volcanic Vents
- 3g in AH

Condorwing Champion
- 15g in AH

Falconclaw Warrior
- 15g in AH

Windcarve Fugitive
- Drops in Crystal Pools
- 3g in AH

Eye of Talona
- Joxar item (recolor)
- 40g in AH

....I guess I have A LOT OF GRINDING TO DO.

Oh well. At least I can level fodder in Harpy's Roost. It'll take a while, but that's probably my best bet for a bit until I can soak up these familiars.
[quote][item=dappled dunhoof]The spiral overhead--sparkling with an absurd amount of jewels--circled once, craning her neck to peer down at what'd just slipped out of her grasp. "Oh bother!" A moment's hesitation kept her hovering before she shrugged, golden fringe sparkling. "Oh well, I'll find another," Narasen said, twisting lithely in midair to adjust the row of rubies along her tail. Without so much as a glance at the poor creature below, she flicked the tip of her tail and rushed ahead.[/quote] XD THANK YOU @freelanceangel for the donation! You nerd! ilu
Quote:
Dappled Dunhoof The spiral overhead--sparkling with an absurd amount of jewels--circled once, craning her neck to peer down at what'd just slipped out of her grasp.

"Oh bother!"

A moment's hesitation kept her hovering before she shrugged, golden fringe sparkling. "Oh well, I'll find another," Narasen said, twisting lithely in midair to adjust the row of rubies along her tail. Without so much as a glance at the poor creature below, she flicked the tip of her tail and rushed ahead.

XD THANK YOU @freelanceangel for the donation! You nerd! ilu
:D :D :D
:D :D :D
Shadow Flight 4 LYFE
[quote=@Ikasama]Welcome to our humble lair in the Windswept Plateau. Our beastmaster, Eselda, would be happy to get rid of some of these layabouts, and putting them to work for your mission seems like a worthy cause. Good Luck! [item=spotted faun][item=falconclaw warrior][item=longneck wanderer][item=firemane manticore][item=maren defender][item=oceansurf magus][item=marshland poodle mith][item=raptorik herder] [/quote] THANK YOU @Ikasama you are too kind. [quote] Soraka had, somehow, found herself in charge of the logistics of their mission. She had a mind for numbers and practical needs, as it turned out -- as much a surprise to her as anyone. But it had swiftly become clear that, were they to succeed in this adventure, someone would need to keep track of things. That was what she was best at. What others were best at was sometimes more of a surprise... "...You mean this person just...gave them to you." Ulryk grinned, his wolfish tongue lolling. She still wasn't certain whether he was actually a dragon or not, beneath the thick pelt and shaggy limbs. She thought he probably must be, but it was hard to tell. "Well, yes." "That doesn't make any sense." "You've been born from unkind circumstances, so I shouldn't wonder," Ulryk said, calmly. "But what you'll discover is that the world is full of generous folk, if you give them the opportunity for kindness." That didn't sound right at all, but whatever the reason, she was glad of it. [/quote]
@Ikasama wrote:
Welcome to our humble lair in the Windswept Plateau. Our beastmaster, Eselda, would be happy to get rid of some of these layabouts, and putting them to work for your mission seems like a worthy cause.
Good Luck!
Spotted Faun Falconclaw Warrior Longneck Wanderer Firemane Manticore Maren Defender Oceansurf Magus Marshland Poodle Mith Raptorik Herder

THANK YOU @Ikasama you are too kind.
Quote:
Soraka had, somehow, found herself in charge of the logistics of their mission. She had a mind for numbers and practical needs, as it turned out -- as much a surprise to her as anyone. But it had swiftly become clear that, were they to succeed in this adventure, someone would need to keep track of things.

That was what she was best at. What others were best at was sometimes more of a surprise...

"...You mean this person just...gave them to you."

Ulryk grinned, his wolfish tongue lolling. She still wasn't certain whether he was actually a dragon or not, beneath the thick pelt and shaggy limbs. She thought he probably must be, but it was hard to tell. "Well, yes."

"That doesn't make any sense."

"You've been born from unkind circumstances, so I shouldn't wonder," Ulryk said, calmly. "But what you'll discover is that the world is full of generous folk, if you give them the opportunity for kindness."

That didn't sound right at all, but whatever the reason, she was glad of it.
@Hanelli [quote]"Where did you say these supplies came from, again?" Soraka squinted at her paperwork. "I don't know," Bula said, sounding impatient now. "Some skydancer with a weird accent. I didn't ask a lot of questions." "I see." Soraka struggled against raking her talons over her face from irritation. "Do you accept candy from strangers, too?" "...He seemed nice," Bula muttered, sulkily. [item=serthis archivist][item=clouded mith][item=longneck skirmisher][item=chillwind harpy][item=stormcloud harpy][item=flamescale illusionist][/quote] THANK YOU. Also I got distracted reading your clan's lore for a while. It's delightful!
@Hanelli

Quote:
"Where did you say these supplies came from, again?" Soraka squinted at her paperwork.

"I don't know," Bula said, sounding impatient now. "Some skydancer with a weird accent. I didn't ask a lot of questions."

"I see." Soraka struggled against raking her talons over her face from irritation. "Do you accept candy from strangers, too?"

"...He seemed nice," Bula muttered, sulkily.

Serthis Archivist Clouded Mith Longneck Skirmisher Chillwind Harpy Stormcloud Harpy Flamescale Illusionist

THANK YOU. Also I got distracted reading your clan's lore for a while. It's delightful!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7