Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Fodderlocke] On shaky ground
1 2 3
[center][color=darkred]Red's log :: Day 18 We're all in a bad shape. Everyone's tired and weary. For now, we've hidden the dead end we're resting in with some rubble and planks, but... First, I should probably introduce Wave. I met her when I went out to scrape up some food, and she helped me a good bit. It's calming to find new companions in situations like this one. When we got back, Stern was nowhere to be found, and so was Iblis. Nobody knew about there whereabouts, but I can imagine. Stern probably deserted - I can't even blame him. Maybe I would have in his place, too. And Iblis? My best guess is that she's trying to free Letmir. If she survives, she'll return, I hope, but I doubt it. Jubae's warming her eggs alongside her own for now, and my best guess is she'll have to raise the kids, too. Morgause... passed on tonight. Apparently, her injuries were worse than we thought. I can only hope this makes us stronger instead of breaking us. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/icon_treasure.png[/img] 51,139 ----- [color=darkred]Red's log :: Day 19 Misfortune seems to swarm around us. Not only was I unsuccessful in recruiting someone today - I had my eyes on a Mirror named Alastair, but another group snatched her first. But worse is, our hideout was raided by another group while most of us were out getting food and supplies. They took Spirit, and Bonaparte and Measure were injured while trying to protect him. I'm glad there were no more casualities, but we had to abandon the dead end and look for something new. As I'm writing this, we're resting in a corner somewhere dark. I don't think anyone will get to sleep tonight. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/icon_treasure.png[/img] 29,303 ----- [color=darkred]Red's log :: Day 20 I'm still hoping for a turn of events. We managed to rescue a stray Moian today, an imperial called Dainan. For now, I let him stay with us, but I can't be sure he won't betray us. No news is good news right now, though. The only thing I have to report: I've seen Slate and Waning holding claws this morning. Yeah, I don't know why I'm writing this down, either. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/icon_treasure.png[/img] 22,240 ----- [color=darkred]Red's log :: Day 20 I'm not sure I can get the details of today straight, but I'll try. So we found out Dainan, who we took in yesterday, is from some kind of high-profile family. How? Because his bodyguard showed up. His name is Burk, and unlike most tundras I know, he's very attentive and aggressive. Dainan, somehow, came to like my group and didn't want to leave. Which is why we're somehow lumbered with both of them now. I'm pretty sure I should be worried. Finally, in the evening, Chano showed up. Apparently, he's some kind of related to Dainan. Probably to Burk, too, judging from the way the angry furball looks at him. Anyway, I'm not about to hurt a child. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/icon_treasure.png[/img] 34,842
Red's log :: Day 18

We're all in a bad shape. Everyone's tired and weary. For now, we've hidden the dead end we're resting in with some rubble and planks, but...

First, I should probably introduce Wave. I met her when I went out to scrape up some food, and she helped me a good bit. It's calming to find new companions in situations like this one.

When we got back, Stern was nowhere to be found, and so was Iblis. Nobody knew about there whereabouts, but I can imagine. Stern probably deserted - I can't even blame him. Maybe I would have in his place, too.
And Iblis? My best guess is that she's trying to free Letmir. If she survives, she'll return, I hope, but I doubt it. Jubae's warming her eggs alongside her own for now, and my best guess is she'll have to raise the kids, too.

Morgause... passed on tonight. Apparently, her injuries were worse than we thought.
I can only hope this makes us stronger instead of breaking us.

icon_treasure.png 51,139

Red's log :: Day 19

Misfortune seems to swarm around us. Not only was I unsuccessful in recruiting someone today - I had my eyes on a Mirror named Alastair, but another group snatched her first.

But worse is, our hideout was raided by another group while most of us were out getting food and supplies. They took Spirit, and Bonaparte and Measure were injured while trying to protect him. I'm glad there were no more casualities, but we had to abandon the dead end and look for something new.
As I'm writing this, we're resting in a corner somewhere dark. I don't think anyone will get to sleep tonight.

icon_treasure.png 29,303

Red's log :: Day 20

I'm still hoping for a turn of events. We managed to rescue a stray Moian today, an imperial called Dainan. For now, I let him stay with us, but I can't be sure he won't betray us.

No news is good news right now, though. The only thing I have to report: I've seen Slate and Waning holding claws this morning. Yeah, I don't know why I'm writing this down, either.

icon_treasure.png 22,240

Red's log :: Day 20

I'm not sure I can get the details of today straight, but I'll try.
So we found out Dainan, who we took in yesterday, is from some kind of high-profile family. How? Because his bodyguard showed up. His name is Burk, and unlike most tundras I know, he's very attentive and aggressive.

Dainan, somehow, came to like my group and didn't want to leave. Which is why we're somehow lumbered with both of them now. I'm pretty sure I should be worried.

Finally, in the evening, Chano showed up. Apparently, he's some kind of related to Dainan. Probably to Burk, too, judging from the way the angry furball looks at him. Anyway, I'm not about to hurt a child.

icon_treasure.png 34,842
frcomm48.png
[center][color=darkred]Red's log :: Day 21 I'm glad to write things are getting better. Despite not having a hideout currently, we had some dragons asking to be recruited today. Looking at our numbers, I chose two of them: Ultramarine and Ajora. While the majority of us were looking for a safe place, I sent Bonaparte out with Ajora to gather food. They brought back enough for all of us. We also might have two places in mind which we'll need to test carefully. Currently, we're resting in one of them; a kind of remote place near the sewers. Anju also informed me the eggs could hatch any time now. It seems we won't be able to move for a day or two. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/icon_treasure.png[/img] 26,246
Red's log :: Day 21

I'm glad to write things are getting better. Despite not having a hideout currently, we had some dragons asking to be recruited today. Looking at our numbers, I chose two of them: Ultramarine and Ajora.

While the majority of us were looking for a safe place, I sent Bonaparte out with Ajora to gather food. They brought back enough for all of us. We also might have two places in mind which we'll need to test carefully. Currently, we're resting in one of them; a kind of remote place near the sewers.

Anju also informed me the eggs could hatch any time now. It seems we won't be able to move for a day or two.

icon_treasure.png 26,246
frcomm48.png
[center][color=darkred]Red's log :: Day 22 I'm not even surprised any more, to be honest. But first things first. The eggs hatched today, surprising even Anju. His "own" kid - I'll put it that way, despite them having adopted Iblis' and Letmir's kids - hatched first, and it's a male fae. They named him Yuri. I'm sure he proves as useful as his parents. In the evening, the other four eggs hatched. There's basically every possible combination of fae, tundra, male and female. The eldest - fae male - is named Conall. The second youngest is a female fae, called Dedona, and the youngest is a female tundra, named Avari. But in truth, the problem is the secondborn. Telemachus, that's his name, is blessed. When saying blessed, I of course mean blessed by the winds. He's been born with what we call primal eyes, proof of his nearly unlimited potential. Every other group will be after him. Every single one. Because down here, a kid with unlimited potential means power. I can't allow that. He's part of my group, after all. As soon as possible, I'll try to get him into Moia, where he'll have a better life. I'll make use of Dainan's contacts. Ah, speaking of Dainan. That's what doesn't even suprise me. As it turns out, his reason for staying down here is one of the most stupid possible: Love. He apparently fell in love with a Kalnean, now there's a nest, and she's nowhere to be found. Which is why we're stuck with another two eggs. And I'm not amused. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/icon_treasure.png[/img] 17,121 [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/icon_gems.png[/img] 1 ----- [color=darkred]Red's log :: Day 23 I can only assume word got out about Telemachus. While I was out getting him into Moia - thank the gods Dainan's contacts are the fast type -, the group was attacked. The place next to the sewers was no good after all. Well, the good news is, I got the kid into the upper world. He's going to have a better life there. I was assured Dainan's family will look after him personally. The bad news is, there were quite a lot of casualities. Apparently our temporary hideout was raided by multiple other groups at once, at least that's what I think. When I got back, the battle was in full swing, and I identified the earthen-colored as well as some yellow scarves and the copper brigade. All from strong groups. I immediately gathered everyone I could and had them retreat. My trusted did well fighting them off; as for the new recruits, not so much. I found Burk to be missing when we regrouped in a safe place, as well as Ultramarine and Ajora. I wouldn't be surprised if they'd been spies. Out of my stronger group members, Yogurt and Slate ended up missing. I kept an eye on Waning after noticing. She snuck out around nightfall, and I let her. There's no use in keeping anyone here if they wanted to be somewhere else. I also couldn't find Conall and Avari anywhere. Can only assume they've been stolen. Kids can be shaped so easily they're a quite good target, sadly. We're currently hiding in a Moian's basement. She's a contact of Dainan's, her name's Baguette. I'm not sure how long we'll be able to stay, but she doesn't seem hostile and the group is tired. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/icon_treasure.png[/img] 85,158 ----- [color=darkred]Red's log :: Day 24 I'm quite desperate to rebuild our combat strength. We're barely nine-and-a-half dragons right now, if it adds up. And a third of those doesn't even know how to fight! I carefully decided on a gaoler today, because I remember how much of a help the last ones were in building a hideout. Baguette allows us to stay as long as needed - well, I'm not so sure about that, but for now, it's better than not having a base at all. Meanwhile, I have Measure and the new recruit, Ronin, prepare a new hideout in a place deeper down. The risk of falling is higher, but I suppose we would be safer. I'm not feeling too good at the moment. Not sure why exactly, but I'm constantly dizzy and stumbling over my own claws. I can't let the group find out though. We received a bit of moian money today; Baguette delivered it. There was a note with it saying it was a reward for finding Telemachus. It's what I call silverlings. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/icon_treasure.png[/img] 31,225 [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/icon_gems.png[/img] 30 ----- [color=darkred]Red's log :: Day 25 I just went out and picked the first dragon to be the new recruit today. It's an imperial, I believe, named [s]Thal[/s] - [s]Thayo[/s] - Thaloyss. I can barely hear myself think at this point, might as well not do anything productive. Measure asked me something, but I forgot what it was. I think we somehow got a hatchling in our hideout? Stole? Not sure. That red arrow thing's annoying me. ----- [color=darkred]Red's log :: Day 26 I'm feeling sick. There's no denying it any more. I can't keep up and I have to keep this to myself. I'm hiding behind the guise of guarding and patching up the hideout. Anju has taken care of today's recruitment, thankfully, and brought a guardian named [s]Staleknight[/s] Starflight. The bouncy red thingy is a spiral, I think... Since Baguette's basement had to be fixed up eventually, anyway, I ordered the whole group to do so today. In reality, I just tried to have them busy so they don't take advantage of my pityful state. I believe Measure has long realized, though. She's too smart to have not. Dainan surprised me with how well-organized he kept everything. I would have praised him, but I didn't feel well enough for that. He's gained a fair bit of respect from everyone ever since, though. And on the other hand, there was Thaloyss, who knocked her head on the ceiling so hard she lost consciousness for the rest of the day. Should have a bad concussion now. Klutz. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/icon_treasure.png[/img] 7,957 ----- [color=darkred]Red's log :: Day 27 Someone brought a dragon named Gwynfor today, a skydancer. Bright. All I want to do is sleep. I feel sick. Can't let them know, can't allow- [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/icon_treasure.png[/img] 30,163 ----- [color=black][b]There's no other entry after that. As you turn the page, words written in a new color can be seen, implying a significant change.
Red's log :: Day 22

I'm not even surprised any more, to be honest. But first things first.
The eggs hatched today, surprising even Anju. His "own" kid - I'll put it that way, despite them having adopted Iblis' and Letmir's kids - hatched first, and it's a male fae. They named him Yuri. I'm sure he proves as useful as his parents.

In the evening, the other four eggs hatched. There's basically every possible combination of fae, tundra, male and female. The eldest - fae male - is named Conall. The second youngest is a female fae, called Dedona, and the youngest is a female tundra, named Avari. But in truth, the problem is the secondborn. Telemachus, that's his name, is blessed.

When saying blessed, I of course mean blessed by the winds. He's been born with what we call primal eyes, proof of his nearly unlimited potential.
Every other group will be after him. Every single one. Because down here, a kid with unlimited potential means power.

I can't allow that. He's part of my group, after all. As soon as possible, I'll try to get him into Moia, where he'll have a better life. I'll make use of Dainan's contacts.

Ah, speaking of Dainan. That's what doesn't even suprise me. As it turns out, his reason for staying down here is one of the most stupid possible: Love. He apparently fell in love with a Kalnean, now there's a nest, and she's nowhere to be found. Which is why we're stuck with another two eggs.
And I'm not amused.

icon_treasure.png 17,121 icon_gems.png 1

Red's log :: Day 23

I can only assume word got out about Telemachus. While I was out getting him into Moia - thank the gods Dainan's contacts are the fast type -, the group was attacked. The place next to the sewers was no good after all.

Well, the good news is, I got the kid into the upper world. He's going to have a better life there. I was assured Dainan's family will look after him personally.
The bad news is, there were quite a lot of casualities. Apparently our temporary hideout was raided by multiple other groups at once, at least that's what I think. When I got back, the battle was in full swing, and I identified the earthen-colored as well as some yellow scarves and the copper brigade. All from strong groups.

I immediately gathered everyone I could and had them retreat. My trusted did well fighting them off; as for the new recruits, not so much. I found Burk to be missing when we regrouped in a safe place, as well as Ultramarine and Ajora. I wouldn't be surprised if they'd been spies.
Out of my stronger group members, Yogurt and Slate ended up missing. I kept an eye on Waning after noticing. She snuck out around nightfall, and I let her. There's no use in keeping anyone here if they wanted to be somewhere else.
I also couldn't find Conall and Avari anywhere. Can only assume they've been stolen. Kids can be shaped so easily they're a quite good target, sadly.

We're currently hiding in a Moian's basement. She's a contact of Dainan's, her name's Baguette. I'm not sure how long we'll be able to stay, but she doesn't seem hostile and the group is tired.

icon_treasure.png 85,158

Red's log :: Day 24

I'm quite desperate to rebuild our combat strength. We're barely nine-and-a-half dragons right now, if it adds up. And a third of those doesn't even know how to fight!
I carefully decided on a gaoler today, because I remember how much of a help the last ones were in building a hideout. Baguette allows us to stay as long as needed - well, I'm not so sure about that, but for now, it's better than not having a base at all. Meanwhile, I have Measure and the new recruit, Ronin, prepare a new hideout in a place deeper down. The risk of falling is higher, but I suppose we would be safer.

I'm not feeling too good at the moment. Not sure why exactly, but I'm constantly dizzy and stumbling over my own claws. I can't let the group find out though.

We received a bit of moian money today; Baguette delivered it. There was a note with it saying it was a reward for finding Telemachus.
It's what I call silverlings.

icon_treasure.png 31,225 icon_gems.png 30

Red's log :: Day 25

I just went out and picked the first dragon to be the new recruit today. It's an imperial, I believe, named Thal - Thayo - Thaloyss. I can barely hear myself think at this point, might as well not do anything productive.

Measure asked me something, but I forgot what it was. I think we somehow got a hatchling in our hideout? Stole? Not sure. That red arrow thing's annoying me.

Red's log :: Day 26

I'm feeling sick. There's no denying it any more. I can't keep up and I have to keep this to myself.

I'm hiding behind the guise of guarding and patching up the hideout. Anju has taken care of today's recruitment, thankfully, and brought a guardian named Staleknight Starflight. The bouncy red thingy is a spiral, I think...

Since Baguette's basement had to be fixed up eventually, anyway, I ordered the whole group to do so today. In reality, I just tried to have them busy so they don't take advantage of my pityful state.
I believe Measure has long realized, though. She's too smart to have not.

Dainan surprised me with how well-organized he kept everything. I would have praised him, but I didn't feel well enough for that. He's gained a fair bit of respect from everyone ever since, though.
And on the other hand, there was Thaloyss, who knocked her head on the ceiling so hard she lost consciousness for the rest of the day. Should have a bad concussion now. Klutz.

icon_treasure.png 7,957

Red's log :: Day 27

Someone brought a dragon named Gwynfor today, a skydancer. Bright. All I want to do is sleep.

I feel sick. Can't let them know, can't allow-

icon_treasure.png 30,163

There's no other entry after that.

As you turn the page, words written in a new color can be seen, implying a significant change.

frcomm48.png
[center][color=00AAAA]Measure's log :: Day 28 My name is Measure. I have inherited this journal and will continue to keep a log. The former leader of my group, Red, has passed away around noon yesterday. He's been poisoned; I'm sure of it. I will continue to investigate the issue. When we noticed, it immediately led to a power struggle. The newer recruits and kids kept out of it, thankfully. The main actors of yesterday were Bonaparte, Anju, Jubae, Wave and my humble self. I'm not quite sure, I think Anju started it, but anyway, we swiftly agreed that the strongest dragon had to become leader. So, it was down to me or Bonaparte. Obviously, he's been part of the group for longer than me, but I still have more experience surviving down here. Wave was the first to side with me, surprisingly. She doesn't usually pick sides, or say much, as far as I'm aware; it's somewhat suspicious. Jubae, as expected, didn't choose a side at all. She's mourning, she was quite fond of Red, after all. Anju didn't, either. I think the role he sees for himself is more that of a mediator. Understandably Bonaparte wasn't delighted, but I think I dodged the bullet with making him my second-in-command. Keep your enemies close, right? I made sure to let Wave know how grateful I am, as well. Now, after writing all of this, I can finally document today's business. I recruited a spiral female named Nelkir and made sure to properly test her. We made a bit of profit, there's enough food for everyone and the hideout looks quite nice. A good start? I hope so. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/icon_treasure.png[/img] 15,423 ----- [color=00AAAA]Measure's log :: Day 29 Nelkir was a lucky find, I think. She brought another new recruit today, apparently a cousin of hers, named Virtue. Seeing the group prosper raises my spirits. The kid, Chano - by the way, he's grown into a valuable member of the group - has decided to prove himself. Together with Anju and Nelkir, he stole a whole box of chocolates and shared with everyone. Morale? Check! [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/icon_treasure.png[/img] 1,382 ----- [color=00AAAA]Measure's log :: Day 30 I recruited a skydancer named Estar. Other than that, it was a slow day. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/icon_treasure.png[/img] 2,670 ----- [color=00AAAA]Measure's log :: Day 31 Red did a thing in the early days I remember: sparring with the recruits. It always helped sort out slackers. I decided to try it and had all the new ones try their luck. The ones I sorted out are Ronin, Thaloyss, Arrow, Gwynfor and Virtue. Today's new recruit, another spiral named Trev, did surprisingly well. I'm kind of sorry about kicking them out, but it can't be helped, can it? We can't afford weak spots. I know Thaloyss is still in poor health, but I simply can't give her any special treatment. I'm sorry about Arrow since he's just a kid, but Yuri and Dedona participated as well and [i]they [/i]passed... [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/icon_treasure.png[/img] 48,987
Measure's log :: Day 28

My name is Measure. I have inherited this journal and will continue to keep a log.
The former leader of my group, Red, has passed away around noon yesterday. He's been poisoned; I'm sure of it. I will continue to investigate the issue.

When we noticed, it immediately led to a power struggle. The newer recruits and kids kept out of it, thankfully. The main actors of yesterday were Bonaparte, Anju, Jubae, Wave and my humble self.

I'm not quite sure, I think Anju started it, but anyway, we swiftly agreed that the strongest dragon had to become leader. So, it was down to me or Bonaparte. Obviously, he's been part of the group for longer than me, but I still have more experience surviving down here.

Wave was the first to side with me, surprisingly. She doesn't usually pick sides, or say much, as far as I'm aware; it's somewhat suspicious. Jubae, as expected, didn't choose a side at all. She's mourning, she was quite fond of Red, after all. Anju didn't, either. I think the role he sees for himself is more that of a mediator.

Understandably Bonaparte wasn't delighted, but I think I dodged the bullet with making him my second-in-command. Keep your enemies close, right? I made sure to let Wave know how grateful I am, as well.

Now, after writing all of this, I can finally document today's business. I recruited a spiral female named Nelkir and made sure to properly test her. We made a bit of profit, there's enough food for everyone and the hideout looks quite nice. A good start? I hope so.

icon_treasure.png 15,423

Measure's log :: Day 29

Nelkir was a lucky find, I think. She brought another new recruit today, apparently a cousin of hers, named Virtue. Seeing the group prosper raises my spirits.

The kid, Chano - by the way, he's grown into a valuable member of the group - has decided to prove himself. Together with Anju and Nelkir, he stole a whole box of chocolates and shared with everyone.
Morale? Check!

icon_treasure.png 1,382

Measure's log :: Day 30

I recruited a skydancer named Estar. Other than that, it was a slow day.

icon_treasure.png 2,670

Measure's log :: Day 31

Red did a thing in the early days I remember: sparring with the recruits. It always helped sort out slackers. I decided to try it and had all the new ones try their luck.
The ones I sorted out are Ronin, Thaloyss, Arrow, Gwynfor and Virtue. Today's new recruit, another spiral named Trev, did surprisingly well.

I'm kind of sorry about kicking them out, but it can't be helped, can it? We can't afford weak spots. I know Thaloyss is still in poor health, but I simply can't give her any special treatment. I'm sorry about Arrow since he's just a kid, but Yuri and Dedona participated as well and they passed...

icon_treasure.png 48,987
frcomm48.png
[center][color=00AAAA]Measure's log :: Day 32 Our newest recruit is a spiral who goes by Lucretia. Trev was insisting I'd allow her in, I assume they're acquainted. I have sad news, though: Baguette was injured on a mission today and decided to leave the group. Can't blame her; she is, after all, a Moian. But that means we can't use her basement as a hideout any more. We knew it had to come to this, but I hoped for a little more time. Well, she's given us a week to find a new place and move out. Starflight asked to stay with her, and I allowed him to. No use keeping him here if he doesn't want to be. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/icon_treasure.png[/img] 48,844 [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/icon_gems.png[/img] 1 ----- [color=00AAAA]Measure's log :: Day 33 A coatl named Royden asked to join today, when we were on the lookout for a new safe place. The one Red had in mind was garbage, by the way. I don't get why he thought next to a stairway would be safe. On the bright side, Wave and Estar stole an incomplete map of the underground with Dainan's assistance. With this, finding a place should be much easier. Though I still can't tell what Wave is thinking. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/icon_treasure.png[/img] 14,266 [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/icon_gems.png[/img] 2 ----- [color=00AAAA]Measure's log :: Day 34 It's blissfully quiet today. I recruited a tundra named Aythas, but other than that, not much happened. We're currently investigating an old alley as possible hideout location. It would provide us with two regular exits and up to three more for emergency. No electricity, but that's my speciality after all. There's a lot of rubble lying around so we wouldn't need all that much supplies. Finally, it's a bit off from the main passageways, so there would be little chance of dragons stumbling over us. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/icon_treasure.png[/img] 17,301
Measure's log :: Day 32

Our newest recruit is a spiral who goes by Lucretia. Trev was insisting I'd allow her in, I assume they're acquainted.

I have sad news, though: Baguette was injured on a mission today and decided to leave the group. Can't blame her; she is, after all, a Moian. But that means we can't use her basement as a hideout any more. We knew it had to come to this, but I hoped for a little more time. Well, she's given us a week to find a new place and move out.

Starflight asked to stay with her, and I allowed him to. No use keeping him here if he doesn't want to be.

icon_treasure.png 48,844 icon_gems.png 1

Measure's log :: Day 33

A coatl named Royden asked to join today, when we were on the lookout for a new safe place. The one Red had in mind was garbage, by the way. I don't get why he thought next to a stairway would be safe.

On the bright side, Wave and Estar stole an incomplete map of the underground with Dainan's assistance. With this, finding a place should be much easier.
Though I still can't tell what Wave is thinking.

icon_treasure.png 14,266 icon_gems.png 2

Measure's log :: Day 34

It's blissfully quiet today.
I recruited a tundra named Aythas, but other than that, not much happened. We're currently investigating an old alley as possible hideout location. It would provide us with two regular exits and up to three more for emergency. No electricity, but that's my speciality after all.

There's a lot of rubble lying around so we wouldn't need all that much supplies. Finally, it's a bit off from the main passageways, so there would be little chance of dragons stumbling over us.

icon_treasure.png 17,301
frcomm48.png
[center][color=00AAAA]Measure's log :: Day 35 I knew it. I just knew Bonaparte would try to backstab me. Well, it [i]was [/i]kind of obvious, wasn't it? It had to be. It had to. I'm. I'm not sure what to do if it wasn't. The only choice I had was to take him out before he did the same to me, right? I didn't tell anyone. Well, no one but Anju. Someone had to back me up, make it look like an accident, and he's the only one... Wave would have become suspicious... I could only rely on him! And as much as I'm their leader, my life still comes before the group! But... Since then, the slight smile disappears from his face whenever he looks at me... [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/icon_treasure.png[/img] 47,270 ----- [color=00AAAA]Measure's log :: Day 36 Okay. My mind is clearer now, compared to yesterday. Firstly, I'd like to formally introduce Nushen the bogsneak - yesterday's recruit - and Doomy the skydancer - today's - to this log. So far, so good, just that a large part of the group was caught by Moian operatives - Red titled them "the earthen-colored", I believe - today and are effectively lost to us. It's mostly new recruits: Trev, Lucretia, Aythas and said Doomy. The one I'm really sad about losing is Chano. We can't afford to lose talents like him, at least, not any more if we want to survive. I've made Wave my new second-in-command. Had I known about the operatives checking the market today, I would have sent her with the hunters. What a shame, seems like I have to clear that up myself again. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/icon_treasure.png[/img] 54,847
Measure's log :: Day 35

I knew it. I just knew Bonaparte would try to backstab me.

Well, it was kind of obvious, wasn't it?
It had to be. It had to. I'm.
I'm not sure what to do if it wasn't.
The only choice I had was to take him out before he did the same to me, right?

I didn't tell anyone. Well, no one but Anju. Someone had to back me up, make it look like an accident, and he's the only one... Wave would have become suspicious... I could only rely on him! And as much as I'm their leader, my life still comes before the group!

But...
Since then, the slight smile disappears from his face whenever he looks at me...

icon_treasure.png 47,270

Measure's log :: Day 36

Okay. My mind is clearer now, compared to yesterday.
Firstly, I'd like to formally introduce Nushen the bogsneak - yesterday's recruit - and Doomy the skydancer - today's - to this log.

So far, so good, just that a large part of the group was caught by Moian operatives - Red titled them "the earthen-colored", I believe - today and are effectively lost to us. It's mostly new recruits: Trev, Lucretia, Aythas and said Doomy.
The one I'm really sad about losing is Chano. We can't afford to lose talents like him, at least, not any more if we want to survive.

I've made Wave my new second-in-command. Had I known about the operatives checking the market today, I would have sent her with the hunters. What a shame, seems like I have to clear that up myself again.

icon_treasure.png 54,847
frcomm48.png
[center][color=00AAAA]Measure's log :: Day 37 After yesterday, I tried my best to find new recruits for the group. Which is why I accepted two of them today: imperial Goddess, and guardian Bedek. They seem to know each other, too, whatever. As long as it works out, I'm fine with anything. Meanwhile, Jubae and Royden contributed the most today. Speaking of Jubae: She's the only original member left apart from Anju. Whose side is she really on? Do I need to be cautious? Will I have to make her quit the scene? [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/icon_treasure.png[/img] 9,370
Measure's log :: Day 37

After yesterday, I tried my best to find new recruits for the group. Which is why I accepted two of them today: imperial Goddess, and guardian Bedek. They seem to know each other, too, whatever. As long as it works out, I'm fine with anything.

Meanwhile, Jubae and Royden contributed the most today. Speaking of Jubae: She's the only original member left apart from Anju. Whose side is she really on? Do I need to be cautious? Will I have to make her quit the scene?

icon_treasure.png 9,370
frcomm48.png
[center][color=00AAAA]Measure's log :: Day 38 I did it! I finally got rid of that annoying slimeball. Thats two to zero for me, isn't it? How? Easy. I simply voiced my concerns to someone I knew would be willing to prove himself: Royden. The rest was then taken care of. Bye, Wave, I won't miss you! I think I'll do without a second-in-command for now. If I need to keep an eye on someone again, that position would be useful, but for now, I thought of a way to make things more efficient: Splitting the group into seniors and juniors. Obviously, seniors would be the dragons with the most experience, say Anju, Jubae and Dainan, and they can command the juniors, which are new recruits or those with less experience. Smart, isn't it? Oh, speaking of Dainan, his eggs hatched. Two faes - I'm guessing they're taking off after the mother -, both males. He named them Syrle and Cometa. At first, I was wary because he, too, is a Moian and chances were now that they hatched he would leave like Baguette. But it appears he's taken a liking to life down in Kalnea. Ah, yeah, while I'm at it - we left Baguette's basement today and moved to the new hideout. It's far from finished, but we at least have one wall and a lot of rubble to give us shelter. I appointed some guards and the rest is hopefully catching some sleep. Finally, of course I didn't neglect recruiting today. I persuaded an aquaintance of mine, Olufemi, to leave her current group and come with us. I'm surprised how weak she is, though. Is it just me being strong? [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/icon_treasure.png[/img] 30,586 ----- [color=00AAAA]Measure's log :: Day 39 Yeah, I'm not going to lie, I thought we'd be rid of these dang nests at least for a few weeks. But nope. I'm also not sure how I feel about the fact it's Olufemi, my - sorta - friend, and Royden, who I was hoping to make a senior sooner rather than later. Agh, I'll just have to deal with it, I guess. What else... ah right, the recruitment. It's an imperial named Viridiana who isn't the sligtest bit green, but... you know... names. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/icon_treasure.png[/img] 11,896 ----- [color=00AAAA]Measure's log :: Day 40 Most of the group was doing construction work today, but I sent out a handful of scavengers. Dainan in particular made a good chunk of profit and even brought back a recruit, Aine. She doesn't look like much, but at least it's a few more claws. Bedek seems to have gotten lost on the mission, though... I hope he finds his way back. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/icon_treasure.png[/img] 22,223
Measure's log :: Day 38

I did it!
I finally got rid of that annoying slimeball. Thats two to zero for me, isn't it?
How? Easy. I simply voiced my concerns to someone I knew would be willing to prove himself: Royden. The rest was then taken care of. Bye, Wave, I won't miss you!

I think I'll do without a second-in-command for now. If I need to keep an eye on someone again, that position would be useful, but for now, I thought of a way to make things more efficient: Splitting the group into seniors and juniors. Obviously, seniors would be the dragons with the most experience, say Anju, Jubae and Dainan, and they can command the juniors, which are new recruits or those with less experience. Smart, isn't it?

Oh, speaking of Dainan, his eggs hatched. Two faes - I'm guessing they're taking off after the mother -, both males. He named them Syrle and Cometa. At first, I was wary because he, too, is a Moian and chances were now that they hatched he would leave like Baguette. But it appears he's taken a liking to life down in Kalnea.

Ah, yeah, while I'm at it - we left Baguette's basement today and moved to the new hideout. It's far from finished, but we at least have one wall and a lot of rubble to give us shelter. I appointed some guards and the rest is hopefully catching some sleep.

Finally, of course I didn't neglect recruiting today. I persuaded an aquaintance of mine, Olufemi, to leave her current group and come with us. I'm surprised how weak she is, though. Is it just me being strong?

icon_treasure.png 30,586

Measure's log :: Day 39

Yeah, I'm not going to lie, I thought we'd be rid of these dang nests at least for a few weeks. But nope. I'm also not sure how I feel about the fact it's Olufemi, my - sorta - friend, and Royden, who I was hoping to make a senior sooner rather than later.
Agh, I'll just have to deal with it, I guess.

What else... ah right, the recruitment. It's an imperial named Viridiana who isn't the sligtest bit green, but... you know... names.

icon_treasure.png 11,896

Measure's log :: Day 40

Most of the group was doing construction work today, but I sent out a handful of scavengers. Dainan in particular made a good chunk of profit and even brought back a recruit, Aine. She doesn't look like much, but at least it's a few more claws.

Bedek seems to have gotten lost on the mission, though... I hope he finds his way back.

icon_treasure.png 22,223

frcomm48.png
[center][color=00AAAA]Measure's log :: Day 41 I tried sending out scavenging teams after Bedek got lost yesterday, but apparently, it doesn't work that way either. Maybe I'll just have to factor in some loss. Well anyway, we lost Goddess and Nushen on a mission today. Royden got out in the last second; from what he told me, it was the officials again. But to make up for the loss, he brought a recruit with him, a skydancer named Sanguine. That's the spirit! [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/icon_treasure.png[/img] 25,145
Measure's log :: Day 41

I tried sending out scavenging teams after Bedek got lost yesterday, but apparently, it doesn't work that way either. Maybe I'll just have to factor in some loss.

Well anyway, we lost Goddess and Nushen on a mission today. Royden got out in the last second; from what he told me, it was the officials again. But to make up for the loss, he brought a recruit with him, a skydancer named Sanguine.
That's the spirit!

icon_treasure.png 25,145
frcomm48.png
[center][color=00AAAA]Measure's log :: Day 42 Looks like I spoke too soon: the reason Royden was so easily able to recruit Sanguine was that said dragon is ill. Pretty badly, too. I don't get all of the stuff Dainan is saying he has, but it's too much for it to be nothing. Well, he shouldn't hope I don't kick him out if he isn't pulling his weight. As a punishment, I sent Royden to try again and he brought back a fae named Maximos. I'm sceptical. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/icon_treasure.png[/img] 2,964 ----- [color=00AAAA]Measure's log :: Day 43 Apparently, whatever Sanguine has is contagious. Or had, to be exact. I myself am barely awake right now, and while I've written Day 43 on the top of this entry, I'm quite sure it's actually later. We've taken a massive hit, that much is clear. Looking at the group right now, around half of them are gone. I, while I feel like dirt, am actually one of those in better shape. Save for Anju, Jubae and Dainan, everyone else looks even worse than I do. Let me see... well, Anju and Jubae are pretty much in the same shape as I. Dainan is in such good health it seems like a bad joke, but as he explained to me, that must be because Moia has vaccines against that kind of disease. Of [i]course[/i]. But we're probably lucky to have him; had he not been here, who knows how many groups would have tried to raid us. From where I'm resting, I can see the entire hideout. Lucky me. I get to see every single casuality. Out of the fae siblings, only Yuri has survived. I can see him grieving over Dedona. The two of them never knew they weren't blood-related, so it's obvious how much it would distress him. Nelkir seems fine, as far as I can tell. But then again, she isn't socializing much usually. Her work is perfect and I was thinking of adding her to the seniors more than once, but her lack of contacts always makes me hesitate. We lost both Royden and Olufemi. The two eggs have been sitting there with no warmth for longer than I can tell, and only one's shell is broken. The hatchling lays next to it, breathing faintly. Dainan gives it a nudge every now and then. At first, I was confused as to why he does it, but then again I see neither Syrle nor Cometa anywhere. I'm not in the condition to ask. Out of the newer recruits, we lost Viridiana and the one who started it all, Sanguine. Maximos, Aine and Estar, to my surprise, have survived. They might become valuable members in the future. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/icon_treasure.png[/img] 109,144
Measure's log :: Day 42

Looks like I spoke too soon: the reason Royden was so easily able to recruit Sanguine was that said dragon is ill. Pretty badly, too. I don't get all of the stuff Dainan is saying he has, but it's too much for it to be nothing.
Well, he shouldn't hope I don't kick him out if he isn't pulling his weight.

As a punishment, I sent Royden to try again and he brought back a fae named Maximos. I'm sceptical.

icon_treasure.png 2,964

Measure's log :: Day 43

Apparently, whatever Sanguine has is contagious. Or had, to be exact.
I myself am barely awake right now, and while I've written Day 43 on the top of this entry, I'm quite sure it's actually later.

We've taken a massive hit, that much is clear. Looking at the group right now, around half of them are gone. I, while I feel like dirt, am actually one of those in better shape. Save for Anju, Jubae and Dainan, everyone else looks even worse than I do.

Let me see... well, Anju and Jubae are pretty much in the same shape as I. Dainan is in such good health it seems like a bad joke, but as he explained to me, that must be because Moia has vaccines against that kind of disease.
Of course.
But we're probably lucky to have him; had he not been here, who knows how many groups would have tried to raid us.

From where I'm resting, I can see the entire hideout. Lucky me. I get to see every single casuality.
Out of the fae siblings, only Yuri has survived. I can see him grieving over Dedona. The two of them never knew they weren't blood-related, so it's obvious how much it would distress him.
Nelkir seems fine, as far as I can tell. But then again, she isn't socializing much usually. Her work is perfect and I was thinking of adding her to the seniors more than once, but her lack of contacts always makes me hesitate.

We lost both Royden and Olufemi. The two eggs have been sitting there with no warmth for longer than I can tell, and only one's shell is broken. The hatchling lays next to it, breathing faintly. Dainan gives it a nudge every now and then.
At first, I was confused as to why he does it, but then again I see neither Syrle nor Cometa anywhere. I'm not in the condition to ask.

Out of the newer recruits, we lost Viridiana and the one who started it all, Sanguine. Maximos, Aine and Estar, to my surprise, have survived. They might become valuable members in the future.

icon_treasure.png 109,144
frcomm48.png
1 2 3