Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Seeking Answers [PINKERLOCKE]
1 2 3 4 5 6
[b][i][size=4]Day 4:[/size][/i][/b] There was so much to see in the Tangled Wood. Sinsey and Rhiderch didn't look around much as they traveled, but Rozzie found herself stopping every meter to stare in awe at the surroundings. "It all kinda looks the same," commented Rhiderch boredly, watching Rozzie examine undergrowth for what felt like the millionth time. "It's just glowing mushrooms and thorny brambles." "Don't you notice all the little differences, though?" Rozzie replied, excitement in her voice. "The growth patterns, the arrangements-" "Sounds boring." Sinsey perked up, sitting up a little straighter on Rozzie's shoulder. "Someone's coming our way." Dread started to build in Rozzie's chest. "Please don't tell me it's more birds." "No, the magical signature is too strong..." He tilted his head. "I think it's a dragon." As if on cue, a dragon broke through the tree cover, pausing for a moment to stare at the group. [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=163&bodygene=3&breed=2&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=132&tertgene=6&winggene=0&wings=56&auth=de6db73b481098e708c08e2aa607335fd5d33eed&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] Rozzie recognized him as a Guardian, albeit still young enough to be considered a hatchling. She inwardly flinched at how [i]big[/i] he was, already larger than her despite their age gap. Rozzie knew it was just her wings that made her look large, but the size of the Guardian was no trick of the light... He peered at Rhiderch, Sinsey, Sen, and Raoul in turn, but moved his gaze quickly. He hesitated a little longer as he looked at Rozzie, then sighed, wings drooping in disappointment. Sinsey's wings fluttered as he hopped into the air, staring at the Guardian in distress. "Hey, are you okay? You look pretty beat up..." "Huh? Oh." The Guardian twisted his head, glancing at his discolored scales idly. "It's from the cuz' I'm an Ice dragon who went into somewhere warm without much transition or, uh, special? Scale care? So my scales cracked? I think that's what Dad said..." He shrugged. Rozzie, not wanting the conversation to fall into awkward silence, spoke up. "Well, it's nice to meet you. I'm Rozzie, this is Sinsey, and the Spiral hiding behind my wing is Rhiderch... uh, the mechanical bird squawking at you is Sen, and this in Raoul." "My name's Strawe!" "What're you doing all the way out here, Strawe?" Sinsey asked, distracted by the 'Ice dragon' detail. "I'm looking for my charge!" Strawe declared happily, but deflated after a moment. "Except I.. haven't found it yet, even though I've gone all over Sornieth." Rozzie wasn't sure she believed that- this was a [i]young[/i] Guardian, after all. She shot Sinsey and Rhiderch a Look, hoping they wouldn't comment on it, then turned back to Strawe and smiled warmly. "Well, me and my pack here are off to see the world, too. You can tag along with us, if you'd like. We've got a lot of ground to cover in Shadow territory." Sinsey gave Rozzie a weird look as she spoke, but said nothing. Strawe simply bounced on his feet, seemingly pleased with the idea. "Yeah! I like travelling with friends!" "Then it's settled!" [rule] [item=pathfinder's tail twist] New friend! Because none of my current dragons are RTB and I don't have any eggs, lol. Strawe [i]is[/i] 3 days old already though, so, we will have another coli member.... soon(tm). Pinglist: @Mystic9187
Day 4:

There was so much to see in the Tangled Wood. Sinsey and Rhiderch didn't look around much as they traveled, but Rozzie found herself stopping every meter to stare in awe at the surroundings.

"It all kinda looks the same," commented Rhiderch boredly, watching Rozzie examine undergrowth for what felt like the millionth time. "It's just glowing mushrooms and thorny brambles."

"Don't you notice all the little differences, though?" Rozzie replied, excitement in her voice. "The growth patterns, the arrangements-"

"Sounds boring."

Sinsey perked up, sitting up a little straighter on Rozzie's shoulder. "Someone's coming our way."

Dread started to build in Rozzie's chest. "Please don't tell me it's more birds."

"No, the magical signature is too strong..." He tilted his head. "I think it's a dragon."

As if on cue, a dragon broke through the tree cover, pausing for a moment to stare at the group.
dragon?age=0&body=163&bodygene=3&breed=2&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=132&tertgene=6&winggene=0&wings=56&auth=de6db73b481098e708c08e2aa607335fd5d33eed&dummyext=prev.png

Rozzie recognized him as a Guardian, albeit still young enough to be considered a hatchling. She inwardly flinched at how big he was, already larger than her despite their age gap. Rozzie knew it was just her wings that made her look large, but the size of the Guardian was no trick of the light...

He peered at Rhiderch, Sinsey, Sen, and Raoul in turn, but moved his gaze quickly. He hesitated a little longer as he looked at Rozzie, then sighed, wings drooping in disappointment.

Sinsey's wings fluttered as he hopped into the air, staring at the Guardian in distress. "Hey, are you okay? You look pretty beat up..."

"Huh? Oh." The Guardian twisted his head, glancing at his discolored scales idly. "It's from the cuz' I'm an Ice dragon who went into somewhere warm without much transition or, uh, special? Scale care? So my scales cracked? I think that's what Dad said..." He shrugged.

Rozzie, not wanting the conversation to fall into awkward silence, spoke up. "Well, it's nice to meet you. I'm Rozzie, this is Sinsey, and the Spiral hiding behind my wing is Rhiderch... uh, the mechanical bird squawking at you is Sen, and this in Raoul."

"My name's Strawe!"

"What're you doing all the way out here, Strawe?" Sinsey asked, distracted by the 'Ice dragon' detail.

"I'm looking for my charge!" Strawe declared happily, but deflated after a moment. "Except I.. haven't found it yet, even though I've gone all over Sornieth."

Rozzie wasn't sure she believed that- this was a young Guardian, after all. She shot Sinsey and Rhiderch a Look, hoping they wouldn't comment on it, then turned back to Strawe and smiled warmly. "Well, me and my pack here are off to see the world, too. You can tag along with us, if you'd like. We've got a lot of ground to cover in Shadow territory."

Sinsey gave Rozzie a weird look as she spoke, but said nothing. Strawe simply bounced on his feet, seemingly pleased with the idea. "Yeah! I like travelling with friends!"

"Then it's settled!"

Pathfinder's Tail Twist

New friend! Because none of my current dragons are RTB and I don't have any eggs, lol. Strawe is 3 days old already though, so, we will have another coli member.... soon(tm).

Pinglist: @Mystic9187
n90x0wJ.png
xxxxxx
FR+0 | PREVIOUSLY @GlitchedFox

> ABOUT ME/FAQ
> ART SHOP
> NOW HIRING!

Subbed to all my own threads!
[b][i][size=4]Day 5:[/b][/i][/size] Night was falling quickly, and the rag-tag group had resolved to make camp as soon as they found a good place. Sinsey led the way, which Rhiderch close behind, then Strawe, and Rozzie bringing up the back. Strawe's enthusiasm had died with the light, and he jumped at every little sound and movement. Rozzie didn't get it. It was only sunset; there was more than enough light to see by... Oh, right, Strawe was an Ice dragon. He didn't have the dark vision Shadow dragons had. Suddenly Sinsey yelped. Rozzie, alarmed, ducked past Strawe to get up to the fton of the line. Rhiderch looked at her, concerned. "Where's Sinsey?" Rozzie asked. "He just disappeared!" Rhiderch claimed. "I looked away for one second, and-" Sen squawked, distressed, and took off across the marsh. Rozzie didn't waste any time darting after it. She could barely hear anything over Sen's squawks, and she had to switch to her heat vision as the light disappeared behind the trees. She picked up a small blob of heat (Sinsey, it had to be-), surrounded by... cooler, but still creatures- She could barely process what was happening before Sen squawked and threw himself into the fray. The cooler signatures (snakes?) sprang away from Sinsey, only to latch onto Sen. Rozzie shook off her shock, jumping into the bushes to grab Sinsey. Fear shot through her when his didn't move as she picked him up, but she cool feel his little chest moving with his shallow breaths. She continued a little deeper into the bushes, until her foot landed on something... [i]metallic.[/i] The snakes were gone, leaving behind only the disembodied parts of a certain mechanical bird. She whimpered, gathering up the parts and placing them into her bag. Still being as gentle as she could with carrying Sinsey, she turned back out to where Rhiderch and Strawe waited across the marsh. Rhiderch darted up to Rozzie, curling around Sinsey. "Where's Sen?" she asked. Rozzie didn't respond, just ducked her head, and Rhiderch whimpered. With a sigh, Rozzie carefully set down Sinsey. "Let's make camp here," she suggested. "We need to rest." [rule] [item=scholar] DEATH STREAK = True. Sinsey was the first to die on the third round. Rolled a 6 for saving- Sen saved Sinsey, but died. Thank you, Pinkerton, very cool. First death of the 'locke on day [i]five[/i]... love that! Also, don't really like this work, but I had to write [i]something[/i] for this. So, yeah.
Day 5:

Night was falling quickly, and the rag-tag group had resolved to make camp as soon as they found a good place. Sinsey led the way, which Rhiderch close behind, then Strawe, and Rozzie bringing up the back. Strawe's enthusiasm had died with the light, and he jumped at every little sound and movement. Rozzie didn't get it. It was only sunset; there was more than enough light to see by...

Oh, right, Strawe was an Ice dragon. He didn't have the dark vision Shadow dragons had.

Suddenly Sinsey yelped. Rozzie, alarmed, ducked past Strawe to get up to the fton of the line. Rhiderch looked at her, concerned.

"Where's Sinsey?" Rozzie asked.

"He just disappeared!" Rhiderch claimed. "I looked away for one second, and-"

Sen squawked, distressed, and took off across the marsh. Rozzie didn't waste any time darting after it. She could barely hear anything over Sen's squawks, and she had to switch to her heat vision as the light disappeared behind the trees. She picked up a small blob of heat (Sinsey, it had to be-), surrounded by... cooler, but still creatures-

She could barely process what was happening before Sen squawked and threw himself into the fray. The cooler signatures (snakes?) sprang away from Sinsey, only to latch onto Sen. Rozzie shook off her shock, jumping into the bushes to grab Sinsey. Fear shot through her when his didn't move as she picked him up, but she cool feel his little chest moving with his shallow breaths.

She continued a little deeper into the bushes, until her foot landed on something... metallic.

The snakes were gone, leaving behind only the disembodied parts of a certain mechanical bird. She whimpered, gathering up the parts and placing them into her bag. Still being as gentle as she could with carrying Sinsey, she turned back out to where Rhiderch and Strawe waited across the marsh.

Rhiderch darted up to Rozzie, curling around Sinsey. "Where's Sen?" she asked. Rozzie didn't respond, just ducked her head, and Rhiderch whimpered.

With a sigh, Rozzie carefully set down Sinsey. "Let's make camp here," she suggested. "We need to rest."

Scholar
DEATH STREAK = True.
Sinsey was the first to die on the third round. Rolled a 6 for saving- Sen saved Sinsey, but died.

Thank you, Pinkerton, very cool. First death of the 'locke on day five... love that! Also, don't really like this work, but I had to write something for this. So, yeah.
n90x0wJ.png
xxxxxx

> ABOUT ME/FAQ
> ART SHOP
> NOW HIRING!

can we get an f
can we get an f
bigjerry-500x100.png
Pst. Throw me on the pinglist please?
Pst. Throw me on the pinglist please?
F for Sen, as awkward as the guy was it was still fun to have a squawking robot follow the pack around.

I'm really intrigued by the story and characters so far. Could I be thrown on the pinglist?
F for Sen, as awkward as the guy was it was still fun to have a squawking robot follow the pack around.

I'm really intrigued by the story and characters so far. Could I be thrown on the pinglist?
NPRRENH.png Pvpj7y6.png orOASL4.png aromantic-hearts-alt.png
@Sabariel @secretlylying Added and added! Thank ylu for your interest :D

Sorry for the radio silence y'all; with finals and the semester ending and all that I've been all over the place the past couple of weeks :,). Gonna pick this up again soon tho!
@Sabariel @secretlylying Added and added! Thank ylu for your interest :D

Sorry for the radio silence y'all; with finals and the semester ending and all that I've been all over the place the past couple of weeks :,). Gonna pick this up again soon tho!
n90x0wJ.png
xxxxxx

> ABOUT ME/FAQ
> ART SHOP
> NOW HIRING!

Hey, no problem~. This is a pretty busy time of year, heh. Do what's best for your health an sanity~.
Hey, no problem~. This is a pretty busy time of year, heh. Do what's best for your health an sanity~.
@GlitchedFox
ping plz!
@GlitchedFox
ping plz!
E6nL5Eq.png
[b][i][size=4]Day 6:[/size][/b][/i] "I'm hungry, Roz," Strawe said softly, twisting his head to look at the Mirror. [center][img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/406289594611662868/668929770788225024/58019621_350.png[/img][/center] Roz looked over him- in just the few weeks they'd been stalled at this stop, he'd grown. He dwarfed her now, even though she'd grown too. She was bigger than her father now, if she remembered correctly, which surprised even herself. The thought almost made her laugh. She could imagine the look on his face... if she ever saw him again, that is. Her thoughts returned to the current situation- specifically, the Guardian in front of her. Strawe had been getting more restless the longer they stayed in one spot, desperate to return to his Search. And the fact that he was still growing wasn't helping his hunger... There wasn't much to hunt within the area anymore, though. Mind made up, she stood. "Get ready to leave. I wanna get out of here by midday." Strawe perked up a bit at that, and nodded excitedly before bounding off to find Rhiderch. Rozzie herself made her way to a nearby log, knowing what she would find inside. Sure enough, Sinsey was curled around himself, crests drooping listlessly. He cradled a gear in his claws, Rozzie noticed after a moment, and immediately felt terrible again. Sinsey had spent the first week trying to rebuild Sen, but it was a futile quest. Too many pieces were missing. "Hey, Sinsey, we're packing up and moving on," she explained softly. He opened an eye to look at her, but said nothing. "Please? C'mon, we wanna get out of the Driftwood Drag. You're the one who said you wanna see the Forum." Still no response. With a sigh, Rozzie sat down, taking a different approach. "I know you're still sad. We all are. But Sen wouldn't want you to just sit around. There's still so much to see, Sinsey!" Sinsey huffed, crests twitching. "Sen was the only thing I had from my old clan." Rozzie remained silent, and he lifted his head, continuing solemnly, "I left of my own accord, but right after I did... something happened." "Something..?" "I don't know. But I can't find them anymore, I can't feel their.. my [i]family's[/i] magic." His crests snapped shut, twitching against his neck. "Sen was a gift from my parents. And now he's gone, and they're gone, and..." He paused. Vaguely, Rozzie wondered if Faes could cry. "I don't know what to do," he finished quietly." Rozzie frowned, and held out a hand. Sinsey, slowly but surely, crawled out of the log and into her claws, allowing her to cradle him to her chest. Neither of them spoke for a good minute. "It's alright," she said at last. "You've got us, now. We'll find your clan." Sinsey's crests wiggled in laughter. "Guess we're all seeking answers, huh?" [rule] [item=nickel ore] Some writing to get back into the swing of things; thank ya kindly, Pink. [emoji=pearlcatcher tongue size=2] Pinglist: @Mystic9187 @Sabariel @secretlylying @StormFire3105
Day 6:

"I'm hungry, Roz," Strawe said softly, twisting his head to look at the Mirror.
58019621_350.png

Roz looked over him- in just the few weeks they'd been stalled at this stop, he'd grown. He dwarfed her now, even though she'd grown too. She was bigger than her father now, if she remembered correctly, which surprised even herself. The thought almost made her laugh. She could imagine the look on his face... if she ever saw him again, that is.

Her thoughts returned to the current situation- specifically, the Guardian in front of her. Strawe had been getting more restless the longer they stayed in one spot, desperate to return to his Search. And the fact that he was still growing wasn't helping his hunger... There wasn't much to hunt within the area anymore, though.

Mind made up, she stood. "Get ready to leave. I wanna get out of here by midday."

Strawe perked up a bit at that, and nodded excitedly before bounding off to find Rhiderch. Rozzie herself made her way to a nearby log, knowing what she would find inside.

Sure enough, Sinsey was curled around himself, crests drooping listlessly. He cradled a gear in his claws, Rozzie noticed after a moment, and immediately felt terrible again. Sinsey had spent the first week trying to rebuild Sen, but it was a futile quest. Too many pieces were missing.

"Hey, Sinsey, we're packing up and moving on," she explained softly. He opened an eye to look at her, but said nothing. "Please? C'mon, we wanna get out of the Driftwood Drag. You're the one who said you wanna see the Forum."

Still no response. With a sigh, Rozzie sat down, taking a different approach. "I know you're still sad. We all are. But Sen wouldn't want you to just sit around. There's still so much to see, Sinsey!"

Sinsey huffed, crests twitching. "Sen was the only thing I had from my old clan." Rozzie remained silent, and he lifted his head, continuing solemnly, "I left of my own accord, but right after I did... something happened."

"Something..?"

"I don't know. But I can't find them anymore, I can't feel their.. my family's magic." His crests snapped shut, twitching against his neck. "Sen was a gift from my parents. And now he's gone, and they're gone, and..." He paused. Vaguely, Rozzie wondered if Faes could cry. "I don't know what to do," he finished quietly."

Rozzie frowned, and held out a hand. Sinsey, slowly but surely, crawled out of the log and into her claws, allowing her to cradle him to her chest. Neither of them spoke for a good minute.

"It's alright," she said at last. "You've got us, now. We'll find your clan."

Sinsey's crests wiggled in laughter. "Guess we're all seeking answers, huh?"

Nickel Ore
Some writing to get back into the swing of things; thank ya kindly, Pink.

Pinglist: @Mystic9187 @Sabariel @secretlylying @StormFire3105
n90x0wJ.png
xxxxxx

> ABOUT ME/FAQ
> ART SHOP
> NOW HIRING!

@GlitchedFox Hey, no worries on the silence! Getting back into the rhythm of school after the holidays can be tough. Your mental health and real life are more important than pixel dragons.
@GlitchedFox Hey, no worries on the silence! Getting back into the rhythm of school after the holidays can be tough. Your mental health and real life are more important than pixel dragons.
NPRRENH.png Pvpj7y6.png orOASL4.png aromantic-hearts-alt.png
1 2 3 4 5 6