Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [RoR] The Plague Hunger Games
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 169 170
Round 1:
@Avrap @vanillaicecream1 @Farwalker @myriadofstars @TheClockworkHowl @altdd1112 @Zeir @sockmonkeygerald @slothfulMutt @KairinRose @Hinnomu @Lyasa @Apprendere @BoulderEnder @Alurayune @Evbay @CinamonPizza @HellsByte @ShrimpChronos @dadminkestler @Dakkokki @Peyp @rhapsodicDream @kermes
Simulator Results: Night 1

DREDGE finishes building his fire just as the last rays of light bleed from the sky, leaving it dark as a bruise. He doesn't have a lighter, but he's a Plague dragon and he knows the native flora. He searches along the sides of rocks and under pieces of bark until he finds some sparking moss. It has beneficial medicinal qualities, but more relevant to his situation, its spores ignite when exposed to air. He crushes the bits of moss and shakes the spores loose onto his pile of kindling. Soon he has a decent fire going. Perhaps it isn't a good idea, but Plague nights are cold.

KAIROS sees a fire in the distance and fingers his stash of explosives. But no, nobody could be that stupid. Likely it's a trap. He decides to stay hidden.

PEACH notices a fire in the distance as she finishes wiping the blood from her claws. She begins to stalk toward it, but accidentally disturbs an undying featherback sleeping in its lair. It chases her through the undergrowth, away from the light of the fire.

A chill wind begins to blow off the waste and GREMLIN belatedly considers making a fire. He has a lighter, but the bandages on his hand make him clumsy and he can't manage to strike a spark. He turns to his companion for help, but WENDIGO has already fallen asleep. Oh well, it'd probably be a bad idea anyway. He shivers, hoping he doesn't catch cold.

After a day of violent encounters or fruitless searches, MORPHINEA, ABIA, and DROST spend a lonely night trying to sleep and mostly failing.

ORACLE wakes briefly from the cold. He fluffs up his feathers to retain some warmth and falls back asleep. He sleeps through the night.

KURIN remains stationed in her tree, drowsing but keeping an eye open for Tributes foolish enough to pass by in the night. She shifts and hears a crack, but doesn't realize she's broken through a boil ant nest until it's too late. She drops from the branch and writhes on the ground, trying to shake off the insects. Finally she bolts, leaving her bow and arrows behind.

Disoriented and terrified, SAMAEL finds shelter in a damp cave. Several purple mushrooms grow in the mulch of the cave floor and the pain of a cramping stomach convinces him to eat some. Unfortunately they are infected with a wasting virus. The virus immediately begins breaking down his digestive system. SAMAEL wastes away and dies.

SINSEY is too exhilarated to sleep. She gazes at the night sky.

As FLOAT gathers firewood, she hears voices. Carefully she makes her way toward the sounds and sees VALARYS and TIPPENS sharing some fruit. Relieved at the peaceful display she decides to join them.

VALARYS prepares to stab TIPPENS in the back, having lulled him into a false sense of security with the offer of fruit. Before he can act, FLOAT emerges and asks to join them. He decides it's too risky to take them both on at once and continues to act friendly.

TIPPENS prepares to poison the fruit offered by VALARYS, but when FLOAT sits next to him he's afraid he won't be able to slip the poison in without her noticing. She brings up the games. All three discuss what might happen in the morning.

MELA approaches BURY and VENUS, offering her hard-won bread as a peace offering. They agree on a temporary alliance, sharing the bread and sleeping in shifts to watch each other's backs.

AYA finds a blanket in her backpack. She curls up and goes to sleep, woken occasionally by the unfamiliar sounds of Plague wildlife.

HEMLOCK wanders through the quarantine zone, humming quietly to herself.
At the end of Night 1, 1 Tribute has died and 19 survive.
SAMAEL has not survived Night 1
Round 1:
@Avrap @vanillaicecream1 @Farwalker @myriadofstars @TheClockworkHowl @altdd1112 @Zeir @sockmonkeygerald @slothfulMutt @KairinRose @Hinnomu @Lyasa @Apprendere @BoulderEnder @Alurayune @Evbay @CinamonPizza @HellsByte @ShrimpChronos @dadminkestler @Dakkokki @Peyp @rhapsodicDream @kermes
Simulator Results: Night 1

DREDGE finishes building his fire just as the last rays of light bleed from the sky, leaving it dark as a bruise. He doesn't have a lighter, but he's a Plague dragon and he knows the native flora. He searches along the sides of rocks and under pieces of bark until he finds some sparking moss. It has beneficial medicinal qualities, but more relevant to his situation, its spores ignite when exposed to air. He crushes the bits of moss and shakes the spores loose onto his pile of kindling. Soon he has a decent fire going. Perhaps it isn't a good idea, but Plague nights are cold.

KAIROS sees a fire in the distance and fingers his stash of explosives. But no, nobody could be that stupid. Likely it's a trap. He decides to stay hidden.

PEACH notices a fire in the distance as she finishes wiping the blood from her claws. She begins to stalk toward it, but accidentally disturbs an undying featherback sleeping in its lair. It chases her through the undergrowth, away from the light of the fire.

A chill wind begins to blow off the waste and GREMLIN belatedly considers making a fire. He has a lighter, but the bandages on his hand make him clumsy and he can't manage to strike a spark. He turns to his companion for help, but WENDIGO has already fallen asleep. Oh well, it'd probably be a bad idea anyway. He shivers, hoping he doesn't catch cold.

After a day of violent encounters or fruitless searches, MORPHINEA, ABIA, and DROST spend a lonely night trying to sleep and mostly failing.

ORACLE wakes briefly from the cold. He fluffs up his feathers to retain some warmth and falls back asleep. He sleeps through the night.

KURIN remains stationed in her tree, drowsing but keeping an eye open for Tributes foolish enough to pass by in the night. She shifts and hears a crack, but doesn't realize she's broken through a boil ant nest until it's too late. She drops from the branch and writhes on the ground, trying to shake off the insects. Finally she bolts, leaving her bow and arrows behind.

Disoriented and terrified, SAMAEL finds shelter in a damp cave. Several purple mushrooms grow in the mulch of the cave floor and the pain of a cramping stomach convinces him to eat some. Unfortunately they are infected with a wasting virus. The virus immediately begins breaking down his digestive system. SAMAEL wastes away and dies.

SINSEY is too exhilarated to sleep. She gazes at the night sky.

As FLOAT gathers firewood, she hears voices. Carefully she makes her way toward the sounds and sees VALARYS and TIPPENS sharing some fruit. Relieved at the peaceful display she decides to join them.

VALARYS prepares to stab TIPPENS in the back, having lulled him into a false sense of security with the offer of fruit. Before he can act, FLOAT emerges and asks to join them. He decides it's too risky to take them both on at once and continues to act friendly.

TIPPENS prepares to poison the fruit offered by VALARYS, but when FLOAT sits next to him he's afraid he won't be able to slip the poison in without her noticing. She brings up the games. All three discuss what might happen in the morning.

MELA approaches BURY and VENUS, offering her hard-won bread as a peace offering. They agree on a temporary alliance, sharing the bread and sleeping in shifts to watch each other's backs.

AYA finds a blanket in her backpack. She curls up and goes to sleep, woken occasionally by the unfamiliar sounds of Plague wildlife.

HEMLOCK wanders through the quarantine zone, humming quietly to herself.
At the end of Night 1, 1 Tribute has died and 19 survive.
SAMAEL has not survived Night 1
@@@mHwnQKP.png @@@ 3idolon.gif
@
@
Sinsey-District 5-Arcane-Wildclaw

Hmm. Nothing that time. He could probably be powerful if someone taught him right. Maybe. Oh well. He’s gone now. Sinsey starred up at the night sky, to energized with adrenaline to sleep.
Sinsey-District 5-Arcane-Wildclaw

Hmm. Nothing that time. He could probably be powerful if someone taught him right. Maybe. Oh well. He’s gone now. Sinsey starred up at the night sky, to energized with adrenaline to sleep.
sReBJoC.png0f820ed4-372f-11ea-9739-ef7cb34031b1.gif ebfdac0f-372e-11ea-ab14-ef7cb34031b1.gif
Good job Samael you useless reptile with zero survival skills
Good job Samael you useless reptile with zero survival skills
((Kai || they/them))
K6TNbNL.pnggnd7XS8.pngxAaH3K8.pngipiaOGP.pngLrK9u2q.png
@KairinRose
What do you mean he’s.. uhh... um... great! Right...?
@KairinRose
What do you mean he’s.. uhh... um... great! Right...?
sReBJoC.png0f820ed4-372f-11ea-9739-ef7cb34031b1.gif ebfdac0f-372e-11ea-ab14-ef7cb34031b1.gif
Dredge | District 10 | Plague | Guardian

The sound of more cannon fires. It made Dredge anxious for his companions. Were they alright? He had failed in his attempt to find them and now it was quickly becoming night. The Guardian pondered for a bit before deciding on his next course of action.

He would build a fire.

Foolish. Reckless. Or at least it would seem so, but Dredge had a plan. Once the teepee of sticks and other debris was constructed - circled by a protective set of rocks of course - and ignited he hauled himself up a nearby tree. Thanks to his precise positioning of the flames, the Guardian had a thick limb to perch on a few yards directly above.

He received the benefit of the rising heat, but, even with his bright scales, would also be difficult to detect due to both glare and the darker shadows cast by the fire. A trap? Not really. Dredge was more looking for either Jerias or Hemlock to wander toward the warmth. Then he could invite them up for a deserving night's rest before they had to face the next day.

Unbeknownst to the Guardian, however, one of his rag-tag team was already out of the running.
Dredge | District 10 | Plague | Guardian

The sound of more cannon fires. It made Dredge anxious for his companions. Were they alright? He had failed in his attempt to find them and now it was quickly becoming night. The Guardian pondered for a bit before deciding on his next course of action.

He would build a fire.

Foolish. Reckless. Or at least it would seem so, but Dredge had a plan. Once the teepee of sticks and other debris was constructed - circled by a protective set of rocks of course - and ignited he hauled himself up a nearby tree. Thanks to his precise positioning of the flames, the Guardian had a thick limb to perch on a few yards directly above.

He received the benefit of the rising heat, but, even with his bright scales, would also be difficult to detect due to both glare and the darker shadows cast by the fire. A trap? Not really. Dredge was more looking for either Jerias or Hemlock to wander toward the warmth. Then he could invite them up for a deserving night's rest before they had to face the next day.

Unbeknownst to the Guardian, however, one of his rag-tag team was already out of the running.
Yx-Lpm2-Q222.pngFR+2 | She/Her | WishlistYxLpm2Q.png
Tippens - District 9 - Light/Plague - Spiral

Somehow he'd managed to evade the other tributes, save for a close brush with another spiral that had very nearly ended badly for him. But Tippens was not one to die so easily, having hidden himself in the undergrowth until nightfall. The cover of darkness would surely bring different dangers, but at least it would be easier to hide.

His claws fidgeted restlessly with a bundle of oddly-coloured seeds as he crept out from his hiding place. Though the terrain here left something to be desired, it wasn't totally hopeless. The spiral had stumbled on a patch of scraggly shrubs he'd recognized instantly as jimson weed, the seeds of which were deadly. Snatching up as many as he could harvest, Tippens had worked on grinding them between two rocks before creeping out, hunger driving him to search for food.

Pale eyes flicked up at the sight of a familiar face when he rounded a large boulder, the spiral slipping the poison he'd been crafting from view. "Ah, if it isn't my friend the fae," he crooned, twisting himself out of his tight coil as if to show he was unarmed. "You look worse for wear." Tippens kept a careful eye on the fae. It would be easy enough to slip some of his poison into one of the pieces of fruit the dragon was eating once his back was turned, wouldn't it? Before he could put his plan into motion, though, the arrival of a skydancer brought it to a screeching halt. Scowling, Tippens slipped the pouch out of view again.

You live another day, little fae...

@slothfulMutt
Tippens - District 9 - Light/Plague - Spiral

Somehow he'd managed to evade the other tributes, save for a close brush with another spiral that had very nearly ended badly for him. But Tippens was not one to die so easily, having hidden himself in the undergrowth until nightfall. The cover of darkness would surely bring different dangers, but at least it would be easier to hide.

His claws fidgeted restlessly with a bundle of oddly-coloured seeds as he crept out from his hiding place. Though the terrain here left something to be desired, it wasn't totally hopeless. The spiral had stumbled on a patch of scraggly shrubs he'd recognized instantly as jimson weed, the seeds of which were deadly. Snatching up as many as he could harvest, Tippens had worked on grinding them between two rocks before creeping out, hunger driving him to search for food.

Pale eyes flicked up at the sight of a familiar face when he rounded a large boulder, the spiral slipping the poison he'd been crafting from view. "Ah, if it isn't my friend the fae," he crooned, twisting himself out of his tight coil as if to show he was unarmed. "You look worse for wear." Tippens kept a careful eye on the fae. It would be easy enough to slip some of his poison into one of the pieces of fruit the dragon was eating once his back was turned, wouldn't it? Before he could put his plan into motion, though, the arrival of a skydancer brought it to a screeching halt. Scowling, Tippens slipped the pouch out of view again.

You live another day, little fae...

@slothfulMutt
R6ZJKtW.gif
A FAQs
Buying Maroon Tert G1s
Tarot Shop
Wishlist
Clan Lore
AAAAAAAAAAA qC8XNby.png
Me @ Jerias [img]https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/028/692/cat.jpg[/img] @ShrimpChronos
Me @ Jerias

cat.jpg

@ShrimpChronos
Cleaning up the dust...
@KairinRose LOL your Samael!

Simulator: Night 1, Samael dies from hunger.

Me: Oh come on! Ugh... ugh... wasting..? disease...?
@KairinRose LOL your Samael!

Simulator: Night 1, Samael dies from hunger.

Me: Oh come on! Ugh... ugh... wasting..? disease...?
@
@
Valarys | District 11 | Shadow | Fae

Valarys look up from his peaceful solitude of eating the pieces of the fruit he found. His back laying upon the large boulder he decided to hide behind. Only to be welcomed with the familiar face of Tippens.

"Ah, if it isn't my friend the fae."

Valarys watched the Spiral cautiously knowing very well he had the advantage if he chose to attack him right this minute. But the Fae slowly relaxed once again when he took note of the Spiral untwisting himself to show he's unarmed.

"You look worse for wear."

"You scared me there for a minute." Valarys chuckled, "Yeah, I look pretty terrible after a failed attempt at hunting. But I did manage to find some fruit. Which you are more than welcome to share with me."

Lure him close and reel him in...

But before Valarys could get a response from Tippens a Skydancer decided in that moment to ruin his perfect opportunity.

Two against One isn't something I want to waste my energy on right now.

Then we shall keep up our friendly act until we get another opportunity.

After all patience is a virtue.

I guess...

@dadminkestler
Valarys | District 11 | Shadow | Fae

Valarys look up from his peaceful solitude of eating the pieces of the fruit he found. His back laying upon the large boulder he decided to hide behind. Only to be welcomed with the familiar face of Tippens.

"Ah, if it isn't my friend the fae."

Valarys watched the Spiral cautiously knowing very well he had the advantage if he chose to attack him right this minute. But the Fae slowly relaxed once again when he took note of the Spiral untwisting himself to show he's unarmed.

"You look worse for wear."

"You scared me there for a minute." Valarys chuckled, "Yeah, I look pretty terrible after a failed attempt at hunting. But I did manage to find some fruit. Which you are more than welcome to share with me."

Lure him close and reel him in...

But before Valarys could get a response from Tippens a Skydancer decided in that moment to ruin his perfect opportunity.

Two against One isn't something I want to waste my energy on right now.

Then we shall keep up our friendly act until we get another opportunity.

After all patience is a virtue.

I guess...

@dadminkestler
Nuzlocke

tumblr_papfgyiEtt1vvc1jno3_500.png
@slothfulMutt @dadminkestler The drama between you two this entire game, I love it [emoji=mirror laughing size=1]
@slothfulMutt @dadminkestler

The drama between you two this entire game, I love it
@
@
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 169 170