Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [RoR] The Plague Hunger Games
1 2 ... 156 157 158 159 160 ... 169 170
@Galatheid

I was asking people whether I should, made an excuse to remove the mask, and went with it
@Galatheid

I was asking people whether I should, made an excuse to remove the mask, and went with it
One day, a decision must be made, one that will decide all of existence. Who survives, will the Darkness conquer or the Light Prosper. I have seen in my orb, you will pick the path of our futures. Plague or Pearl will be your choice, as the fate of existence rests on your voice-The Tidelordtumblr_op5geiocBz1rravn7o1_500.pngz3tnOVC.png
Foxglove

“I’d rather panic than die,” Foxglove said wryly to the Guardian. “So, what is this natural defense?” Another hurdle? the nagging voice at the back of her head complained, but she didn’t voice those words.

Belladonna

Back in the body of a wyrmpeck. She had to clutch her hold on the tiny, cowardly bird even harder as the Mirror returned; it did its best to shake her away, but it was only a bird with little resilience. She watched as Fox conversed with them. I hope they can escape soon. The faster, the better. Belladonna anxiously paced back and forth as she watched. Natural defense mechanism, they say? Can’t be anything good. She scoured her mind for any dreadful defense systems of the flowers in the Wildlands.

@Alurayune
@Lednik
@TripKatt13
@Unterrestrial
@Havic
Foxglove

“I’d rather panic than die,” Foxglove said wryly to the Guardian. “So, what is this natural defense?” Another hurdle? the nagging voice at the back of her head complained, but she didn’t voice those words.

Belladonna

Back in the body of a wyrmpeck. She had to clutch her hold on the tiny, cowardly bird even harder as the Mirror returned; it did its best to shake her away, but it was only a bird with little resilience. She watched as Fox conversed with them. I hope they can escape soon. The faster, the better. Belladonna anxiously paced back and forth as she watched. Natural defense mechanism, they say? Can’t be anything good. She scoured her mind for any dreadful defense systems of the flowers in the Wildlands.

@Alurayune
@Lednik
@TripKatt13
@Unterrestrial
@Havic
"Only what I just mentioned, with them being able to cast distress signals to the surrounding area. Normally with things like the vines, for an example, the best approach is being as silent as possible while avoiding touching or alerting them. If the flower senses it might be in danger, it might be able to use the vines to directly target you. And the longer you're forced to touch them the weaker you'll become."
@Alurayune
@Havic
@Galatheid
@TripKatt13
@Unterrestrial

oop, by "Nathaniel repeated his thoughts from moments earlier to the other three." i was trying to save time and have him tell them the info from his text wall a few posts back, but i may have framed that wrongly ^^'
"Only what I just mentioned, with them being able to cast distress signals to the surrounding area. Normally with things like the vines, for an example, the best approach is being as silent as possible while avoiding touching or alerting them. If the flower senses it might be in danger, it might be able to use the vines to directly target you. And the longer you're forced to touch them the weaker you'll become."
@Alurayune
@Havic
@Galatheid
@TripKatt13
@Unterrestrial

oop, by "Nathaniel repeated his thoughts from moments earlier to the other three." i was trying to save time and have him tell them the info from his text wall a few posts back, but i may have framed that wrongly ^^'
adopt.pngxxxxxxxx2z8Ghkx.png
Fallen Eternity

He listened to this information, scribbling it down in his Tome with a new Quill he had produced. He marked down certain strengths and weaknesses of the plants, with the only real weaknesses begin they are plants, and they can only reach so far.

"So if they make you weaker, are they sucking your magic or your physical strength? Both? And how far do these vines reach, can Demeter control them from the distance?" He wrote down each of these notes, listening carefully to 'Nathaniel's' words.

He may not like Chloe, but Nathaniel didn't seem too bad.
@Lednik
@Havic
@Alurayune
@Galatheid
@Unterrestrial

Thinking of removing the numbers on my username, wdy people think?
Fallen Eternity

He listened to this information, scribbling it down in his Tome with a new Quill he had produced. He marked down certain strengths and weaknesses of the plants, with the only real weaknesses begin they are plants, and they can only reach so far.

"So if they make you weaker, are they sucking your magic or your physical strength? Both? And how far do these vines reach, can Demeter control them from the distance?" He wrote down each of these notes, listening carefully to 'Nathaniel's' words.

He may not like Chloe, but Nathaniel didn't seem too bad.
@Lednik
@Havic
@Alurayune
@Galatheid
@Unterrestrial

Thinking of removing the numbers on my username, wdy people think?
One day, a decision must be made, one that will decide all of existence. Who survives, will the Darkness conquer or the Light Prosper. I have seen in my orb, you will pick the path of our futures. Plague or Pearl will be your choice, as the fate of existence rests on your voice-The Tidelordtumblr_op5geiocBz1rravn7o1_500.pngz3tnOVC.png
"Theoretically they can take both since they don't normally prey on dragons but smaller animals. Since we don't have magic it would sap at your physical strength, such as blood or stored fat." Chloe answered as Nathaniel lapsed into a brief silence. For a moment she had forgotten he was in the Icefield trying to resurrect a slaughtered clanmate. "Hey don't keep yourself here if you're needed." "No it's... it's fine. We've met someone interesting... and they've been a great help. I have time before we begin."

"Luckily I have seen some of the vines from when my mate took a dive down at the start, and the reach doesn't matter I'm afraid. The flower is in a crowded tunnel, they'll be everywhere. And I've explained how pumping more magic into them, especially vines hat already possess some form of will and desire, would only result in chaos." He went silent again as Chloe tried moving her jaw that was becoming sore from the two dragons using it to speak. "This is a silly question, but have you considered digging out of the arena?"
@Alurayune
@Havic
@Galatheid
@TripKatt13
@Unterrestrial
"Theoretically they can take both since they don't normally prey on dragons but smaller animals. Since we don't have magic it would sap at your physical strength, such as blood or stored fat." Chloe answered as Nathaniel lapsed into a brief silence. For a moment she had forgotten he was in the Icefield trying to resurrect a slaughtered clanmate. "Hey don't keep yourself here if you're needed." "No it's... it's fine. We've met someone interesting... and they've been a great help. I have time before we begin."

"Luckily I have seen some of the vines from when my mate took a dive down at the start, and the reach doesn't matter I'm afraid. The flower is in a crowded tunnel, they'll be everywhere. And I've explained how pumping more magic into them, especially vines hat already possess some form of will and desire, would only result in chaos." He went silent again as Chloe tried moving her jaw that was becoming sore from the two dragons using it to speak. "This is a silly question, but have you considered digging out of the arena?"
@Alurayune
@Havic
@Galatheid
@TripKatt13
@Unterrestrial
Bimala listened to the group in silence before saying her piece. "The vines shouldn't be as much of a problem as the other areas. Foxglove and I went down there to investigate and we cleared the way, so there should be less down there now. We couldn't clear out the other areas though, mainly because it's difficult to dive down into a pit of flytraps and come out alive." She took a moment to think about the next question. "We haven't thought about that, but would the barrier cover underground as well? There's also the fact that most of us aren't very used to digging, so it could take a while."
@Lednik
@Havic
@Galatheid
@TripKatt13
@Unterrestrial
Bimala listened to the group in silence before saying her piece. "The vines shouldn't be as much of a problem as the other areas. Foxglove and I went down there to investigate and we cleared the way, so there should be less down there now. We couldn't clear out the other areas though, mainly because it's difficult to dive down into a pit of flytraps and come out alive." She took a moment to think about the next question. "We haven't thought about that, but would the barrier cover underground as well? There's also the fact that most of us aren't very used to digging, so it could take a while."
@Lednik
@Havic
@Galatheid
@TripKatt13
@Unterrestrial
hhhahah.png
Fallen Eternity

He considered this for a moment. While it was not ideal, and Bimala had some points, it was also a possible strategy. If they couldn't think of a safe way around the plants, they could find out if the Barrier went all the way around the area. Besides, it had to have a limit somewhere, right?

"Yeah, but now we have more dragons than they had before, and while many of us aren't used to it, any who aren't strong or adapted for the method, can be support, Demeter can clear out any plants, for example. It's a solid backup plan, if we really can't find a way around these plants."

@Lednik
@Alurayune
@Galatheid
@Unterrrestrial
Fallen Eternity

He considered this for a moment. While it was not ideal, and Bimala had some points, it was also a possible strategy. If they couldn't think of a safe way around the plants, they could find out if the Barrier went all the way around the area. Besides, it had to have a limit somewhere, right?

"Yeah, but now we have more dragons than they had before, and while many of us aren't used to it, any who aren't strong or adapted for the method, can be support, Demeter can clear out any plants, for example. It's a solid backup plan, if we really can't find a way around these plants."

@Lednik
@Alurayune
@Galatheid
@Unterrrestrial
“We should at least try to remove the flowers first,” Foxglove argued. “We’ve spent days in preparation for that. If it fails, then we can try to tunnel our way from the Arena, but I’m not confident in such a plan. Firstly, it would be very easy and simple for any tribute to find weaknesses in the earth near the force field and simply excavate their way out. Tunneling under would be of little difficulty for a dragon with an explosive, for instance. The Capitol would not want a defense system so easy to bypass. Still, it could exist.” She frowned. “Although the force field flowers can also be quite easily destroyed. The Capitol clearly doesn’t think their sinister agendas through.”

@Alurayune
@Lednik
@Havic
@Unterrestrial
@TripKatt13
“We should at least try to remove the flowers first,” Foxglove argued. “We’ve spent days in preparation for that. If it fails, then we can try to tunnel our way from the Arena, but I’m not confident in such a plan. Firstly, it would be very easy and simple for any tribute to find weaknesses in the earth near the force field and simply excavate their way out. Tunneling under would be of little difficulty for a dragon with an explosive, for instance. The Capitol would not want a defense system so easy to bypass. Still, it could exist.” She frowned. “Although the force field flowers can also be quite easily destroyed. The Capitol clearly doesn’t think their sinister agendas through.”

@Alurayune
@Lednik
@Havic
@Unterrestrial
@TripKatt13
"I'd argue quite the opposite, they know exactly what they're doing." Chloe snorted. "Our two ways out are either terrifying magic pumped plants and maybe digging, and as someone who lives in a clan underground I can assure you that tunneling is the opposite of easy. My husband, Nathaniel, wasn't suggesting we dig a shallow hole like under a fence, he means going directly under it with earth still above you, and if you have no idea what you're doing everything will cave in and you'll suffocate barely meters from air. It's especially dumb and flat out dangerous to set off an explosive in such a small area, it'll just collapse the whole thing."

"I actually suggested it because of the animals, or lack thereof. They have left this area, correct? If the field is being run by flowers how does it know to let a jungle cat out, but not a similar sized mirror? The plant itself can't be that smart, and if it's based on magic then it's useless because no one here has any at the moment. I doubt the field extends into the ground infinitely and something tells me the game masters weren't.... thrilled with the tsunami hitting, so it can be broken or passed... somehow."
@Alurayune
@Galatheid
@Havic
@Unterrestrial
@TripKatt13
"I'd argue quite the opposite, they know exactly what they're doing." Chloe snorted. "Our two ways out are either terrifying magic pumped plants and maybe digging, and as someone who lives in a clan underground I can assure you that tunneling is the opposite of easy. My husband, Nathaniel, wasn't suggesting we dig a shallow hole like under a fence, he means going directly under it with earth still above you, and if you have no idea what you're doing everything will cave in and you'll suffocate barely meters from air. It's especially dumb and flat out dangerous to set off an explosive in such a small area, it'll just collapse the whole thing."

"I actually suggested it because of the animals, or lack thereof. They have left this area, correct? If the field is being run by flowers how does it know to let a jungle cat out, but not a similar sized mirror? The plant itself can't be that smart, and if it's based on magic then it's useless because no one here has any at the moment. I doubt the field extends into the ground infinitely and something tells me the game masters weren't.... thrilled with the tsunami hitting, so it can be broken or passed... somehow."
@Alurayune
@Galatheid
@Havic
@Unterrestrial
@TripKatt13
*cackles quietly in the background* My goodness this is turning into an epic
*cackles quietly in the background* My goodness this is turning into an epic
@@@mHwnQKP.png @@@ 3idolon.gif
@
@
1 2 ... 156 157 158 159 160 ... 169 170