Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [RoR] The Plague Hunger Games
1 2 ... 110 111 112 113 114 ... 169 170
[center][b]Foxglove | Foxglove's Nonexistent Plan | Light | Skydancer[/b][/center] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55781954] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/557820/55781954_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Foxglove finally reached the very edge of the Arena, after seemingly endless hours of walking through daylight. She cautiously reached forward, and then jerked back with a hiss as her hand came away singed. [i]So there [/i]is[i] a forcefield?[/i] she wondered as she warily paced back and forth. Sighing, she backed into the shadowy cover of trees; when it was darker, she would return to examine the barricade. Now, dancing around in daylight would no doubt make her a vulnerable target. [i]So they think I'm dead,[/i] she mused. Foxglove didn't like the prospect of everyone believing she had been killed so fast, but revealing herself would certainly get her zapped into smithereens by the Capitol. It was a miracle that no one in the Capitol had discovered her survival. [i]They haven't thought of everything,[/i] Foxglove thought viciously, snapping her teeth at a sundew creeping down from a mossy branch. [i]For instance, me.[/i] One thing was certain, however. Foxglove would have to be very cautious moving forward. She didn't want any of the tributes to catch wind of her continued existence. It occurred to her that she wasn't very popular among the tributes. [i]Too annoying, am I?[/i] She smirked at the thought; it was just as well. They would never have to see her face again. ----- @3idolon Ahhh, if you're too tired, you should be getting rest, not doing this :o
Foxglove | Foxglove's Nonexistent Plan | Light | Skydancer

Foxglove finally reached the very edge of the Arena, after seemingly endless hours of walking through daylight. She cautiously reached forward, and then jerked back with a hiss as her hand came away singed. So there is a forcefield? she wondered as she warily paced back and forth. Sighing, she backed into the shadowy cover of trees; when it was darker, she would return to examine the barricade. Now, dancing around in daylight would no doubt make her a vulnerable target.

So they think I'm dead, she mused. Foxglove didn't like the prospect of everyone believing she had been killed so fast, but revealing herself would certainly get her zapped into smithereens by the Capitol. It was a miracle that no one in the Capitol had discovered her survival. They haven't thought of everything, Foxglove thought viciously, snapping her teeth at a sundew creeping down from a mossy branch. For instance, me.

One thing was certain, however. Foxglove would have to be very cautious moving forward. She didn't want any of the tributes to catch wind of her continued existence. It occurred to her that she wasn't very popular among the tributes. Too annoying, am I? She smirked at the thought; it was just as well. They would never have to see her face again.

@3idolon Ahhh, if you're too tired, you should be getting rest, not doing this :o
@Galatheid Thank you [emoji=heart size=1] but I did in fact sleep face down on my keyboard for four hours instead of doing this so I think I took your advice [emoji=mirror tongue size=1]
@Galatheid Thank you but I did in fact sleep face down on my keyboard for four hours instead of doing this so I think I took your advice
@@@mHwnQKP.png @@@ 3idolon.gif
@
@
@3idolon was it a good nap at least??? How are the keyboard-pillow-face-imprints?
@3idolon was it a good nap at least??? How are the keyboard-pillow-face-imprints?
Free max level brewing. Thread here!
@Ellapinky It was quite a satisfactory nap. The keys on my keyboard are broken so I sat up with literal keys on my face (A, E, and W, if you're curious), much less imprints.
@Ellapinky It was quite a satisfactory nap. The keys on my keyboard are broken so I sat up with literal keys on my face (A, E, and W, if you're curious), much less imprints.
@@@mHwnQKP.png @@@ 3idolon.gif
@
@
@3idolon

You mean to say that you were...keyed up after your nap?

(I’ll show myself the door, and by that I mean look into these other “affected” tributes to find some commonalities before I hit my RP. Let’s see what I can do!)

Alright, as best as I can figure out? Magic and sneakiness. Time to run with it.
@3idolon

You mean to say that you were...keyed up after your nap?

(I’ll show myself the door, and by that I mean look into these other “affected” tributes to find some commonalities before I hit my RP. Let’s see what I can do!)

Alright, as best as I can figure out? Magic and sneakiness. Time to run with it.
@Alurayune (Small mention of Bimala.)

Vidar | District 7 | Ice | Guardian

After night has passed, Vidar left the area that he had called truce with the other black Mirror. It would be likely that if they met up again, they would have to fight each other, but only luck would play in that factor. However, as he walked through the forest, he couldn’t help but feel something was off... but he couldn’t lay a claw on what it was. The ground almost felt like it was swimming underneath him, but not. The plants also seemed to be more... active. It was a feeling that he wasn’t able to shake off, but was faint, at the moment.

The Guardian didn’t have a good feeling about this.
@Alurayune (Small mention of Bimala.)

Vidar | District 7 | Ice | Guardian

After night has passed, Vidar left the area that he had called truce with the other black Mirror. It would be likely that if they met up again, they would have to fight each other, but only luck would play in that factor. However, as he walked through the forest, he couldn’t help but feel something was off... but he couldn’t lay a claw on what it was. The ground almost felt like it was swimming underneath him, but not. The plants also seemed to be more... active. It was a feeling that he wasn’t able to shake off, but was faint, at the moment.

The Guardian didn’t have a good feeling about this.
MyfNmKq.png
Demeter sighed. Something had changed in the past day, she realized, it was an indistinct, subconscious thing that she only began to be more aware of as the feeling increased. It was a sense of wrongness, the world put out of place where it shouldn't be, and she tried to tell herself she was imagining it. It was her nerves, getting to her, wasn't it? But still she couldn't be convinced, and it only worsened her mood. Worse, though, she had started to feel queasy and tired, perhaps it was because she hadn't slept in two days. Her eyes drooping, she climbed up into a very secluded space on a tree and tried to sleep, trying not to think about Foxglove, who was (haha) dead or the strange tingling feeling in her gut.

--

I feel like trying to figure out why these specific tributes are feeling it, but I'm too lazy, so no :)
Demeter sighed. Something had changed in the past day, she realized, it was an indistinct, subconscious thing that she only began to be more aware of as the feeling increased. It was a sense of wrongness, the world put out of place where it shouldn't be, and she tried to tell herself she was imagining it. It was her nerves, getting to her, wasn't it? But still she couldn't be convinced, and it only worsened her mood. Worse, though, she had started to feel queasy and tired, perhaps it was because she hadn't slept in two days. Her eyes drooping, she climbed up into a very secluded space on a tree and tried to sleep, trying not to think about Foxglove, who was (haha) dead or the strange tingling feeling in her gut.

--

I feel like trying to figure out why these specific tributes are feeling it, but I'm too lazy, so no :)
Naivke, District 7, Water, Skydancer, from a Nature clan [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/554213/55421211_350.png[/img] ~~~ Something is wrong. Something has felt wrong from the second she rose into the Arena, but she had brushed it off as anxiety and an unfamiliar environment. Now? No. She’s had her time to acclimate, and it’s only gotten worse as time goes on. If she has her head on straight, then it’s time to be scared. As per usual, she’s done her surveying with her animal allies - the Scorchpaw Prowler and kits from earlier had been a great help - and so far as she can find out, it’s the magically-inclines that are acting notably odder than they had in the Capitol. She can’t quite figure out what, but there’s something wrong with the magic stream in the Arena, she thinks. Something simmering just underneath it, putrid and twisting. Maybe the fish have gotten to her. She ate what she had to, but nearly gagged over the rest earlier and had to forage for a better meal. Her restless energy gets the better of her. Within the brush-pile shelter, she has fortified the walls and crafted the basics of storage and insulation against the cold and wet. Izumi has been out - doing what, Naivke doesn’t know, but she’s sure she’ll soon find out - and Naivke does a precursory glance around. The coast is clear. She trills. Delicate magic wafts through the air as her peacock tattoo stirs from its largely inanimate position it has maintained during the Games - never a bad idea to keep your secrets close, since skin is as close as you can get - and the head begins to peel and manifest as her beloved companion. Begins is the key word. As soon as the beak hit the air, the bird does an abrupt magical about-face and sinks back into Naivke, curling up against her wing and refusing to manifest despite a few more plaintive trills. Naivke shivers. Things aren’t looking good.
Naivke, District 7, Water, Skydancer, from a Nature clan
55421211_350.png
~~~

Something is wrong.

Something has felt wrong from the second she rose into the Arena, but she had brushed it off as anxiety and an unfamiliar environment. Now? No. She’s had her time to acclimate, and it’s only gotten worse as time goes on.

If she has her head on straight, then it’s time to be scared. As per usual, she’s done her surveying with her animal allies - the Scorchpaw Prowler and kits from earlier had been a great help - and so far as she can find out, it’s the magically-inclines that are acting notably odder than they had in the Capitol.

She can’t quite figure out what, but there’s something wrong with the magic stream in the Arena, she thinks. Something simmering just underneath it, putrid and twisting.

Maybe the fish have gotten to her. She ate what she had to, but nearly gagged over the rest earlier and had to forage for a better meal.

Her restless energy gets the better of her. Within the brush-pile shelter, she has fortified the walls and crafted the basics of storage and insulation against the cold and wet. Izumi has been out - doing what, Naivke doesn’t know, but she’s sure she’ll soon find out - and Naivke does a precursory glance around. The coast is clear.

She trills. Delicate magic wafts through the air as her peacock tattoo stirs from its largely inanimate position it has maintained during the Games - never a bad idea to keep your secrets close, since skin is as close as you can get - and the head begins to peel and manifest as her beloved companion.

Begins is the key word. As soon as the beak hit the air, the bird does an abrupt magical about-face and sinks back into Naivke, curling up against her wing and refusing to manifest despite a few more plaintive trills.

Naivke shivers.

Things aren’t looking good.
@Taytenn here’s my post interacting with Izumi! I’ll be free a lot of tomorrow if you’d like to start a RP session - this event is actually my first real foray into RP, so I’m still not really sure what I’m doing.
~~~
A few hours pass between Naivke’s fortifications and when Izumi pops back into their shelter. A truce, however tentative, had been formed, and Naivke thinks that if things were different and there wasn’t only one winner in these games, they could have been lifelong friends.

The Spiral shuffles in and Naivke’s suspicions rise immediately. Izumi is cradling something that she didn’t have this morning and could not have made herself in the span of one day.

Has she done something that will bring the wrath of others upon them both?
@Taytenn here’s my post interacting with Izumi! I’ll be free a lot of tomorrow if you’d like to start a RP session - this event is actually my first real foray into RP, so I’m still not really sure what I’m doing.
~~~
A few hours pass between Naivke’s fortifications and when Izumi pops back into their shelter. A truce, however tentative, had been formed, and Naivke thinks that if things were different and there wasn’t only one winner in these games, they could have been lifelong friends.

The Spiral shuffles in and Naivke’s suspicions rise immediately. Izumi is cradling something that she didn’t have this morning and could not have made herself in the span of one day.

Has she done something that will bring the wrath of others upon them both?
I would definitely agree that something is wrong in the arena if Thezmios, the Plague Dragon, is now picking flowers after spending a night of crying.
I would definitely agree that something is wrong in the arena if Thezmios, the Plague Dragon, is now picking flowers after spending a night of crying.
1 2 ... 110 111 112 113 114 ... 169 170