Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Coli-locke] A Tempest of Augury
1 2 3 4 5
[size=1]@Mebibyte[/size] [center][size=6][b]Flight, Fight[/b][/size] [size=2]Letter for Anapto of the Augers [center][item=Pale Pink Rose][item=red linen fabric scrap][item=bamboo phytocat][item=intact parchment][/center] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon= 51522828] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/515229/51522828.png[/img] [/url] ----- Outside her kingdom- [i]it should have been her kingdom from the start-[/i] outside its walls and its harsh crowds and away- [i]away-[/i] from her father. She ran, at times on a form borrowed from the like of Beastclan creatures, and at times on her own, at full size and full strength- at times, she borrowed breath from the Windsinger and flew. Days and nights passed with her only shelter being her own wings. She had, before, been out in these wilds; and she had always found it unpleasant; now, it was less so. Perhaps that was because she was fleeing her father- at least, that was the most reasonable guess she could give her journals as she ran. She didn’t think- didn’t let herself think that it might be because of something else. [/center][quote]Princess of Arcane, Forgive my illegible scrawl but I must write with haste. I wish this letter could find you in better times. How I want so desperately that this letter was one of invitation. Of exuberant plans and peaceful strolls through the gardens and lively talks among the dragons in the bazaar. To see your face at all would be divine, a gift from the gods far beyond, and I wish that I would have spoken to you more than the passing glances we shared. Somewhere in my drowsy thoughts I wondered if you could have been the one behind the gift I found along my bedside. But the more I considered the notion, as much as I wished it to be true, it couldn't be so. Our lands are much too far apart and why would you risk your beautiful scales for a gift to a prince of rival kingdom? No matter. I had every intention of repaying the kindness but I fear that my own mistakes and hasty actions have made such a feat nigh impossible. As each minute drags on I am led to believe my time is short. My parents are not known for their kindness. Or, should I say, my mother. Over the years my father has grown more cruel and tyrannical. His tongue is bitter and his mind is cold and he rules over this kingdom with an iron fist. Before my father banished me into the dungeon for holding, Ninazu whispered to me that he believes this all to be my mother's doing, even the sending of my own brother out to do her dirty work. This is something I cannot stand. Either I will die in this cell or I will die seizing the throne from their bloodied claws. I have never been known to lie and surrender, and after all, don't I deserve in the least to offer my own life valiantly after the unfortunate demise of my sister? Am I as bad as they? I write to tell you that as the skies darken and the stone walls close in around me, that my thoughts are of you and your eyes of starlight. Please, your highness, watch after yourself. Do not let a pack of wolves close in around you as I did. You must defend yourself from those who wish to tear down you and the very world you love. Nusku[/quote] [i]The phytocat stands proudly before Anapto, the letter case strapped over its torso with red cloth and its eyes staring forward with determination. It waits, still and focused. A pale pink rose pokes out of the end of the weathered case that bears a dusty sigil of wind. Across the darkened leather is a deep set of fresh claw marks. Much too big for the phytocat. Almost...dragon-like.[/i] [center]She read the letter again- twice over. Wolves and starlight eyes- [i]she missed his own eyes that gleamed of adventurer wind and noble heart- [/i]a sister dead- [i]thoughts that roamed to her own sister, to a desire to burn her kingdom to ash, with a shuddering sigh were dispelled-[/i] dungeon keeps that keep her love- [i]she knows she ought not to think of him as her beloved, but it is impossible to contain the heart when it aches so-[/i] and again, wolves. Their families were just two packs of wolves, ready to tear the world apart, weren’t they? The sword- the sword! If he did not believe it was her own hand that brought it to him, all the better; her father's sword would have vanished entirely then, and this new blade not his, but belonging instead to Nusku. Whatever the case, she hoped it was not fault of that blade, of her gift, that he was now locked away in a dungeon. The Phytocat had followed her since meeting, there at the outer edge of her kingdom. How it had found her, she could only guess. When it had followed her more than a mile, unrelenting and watchful, she had turned to it and nodded. “I’ll need a name for you, if you are to follow me.” It had blinked, slowly; waiting. “Kiohl, then.” It stood, walking towards the sun lands, ahead of her for a moment. “Kiohl then,” she repeated, trailing after- trailing turned to walking in stride turned to picking it up and carrying it on the wind. “Faster to fly, than to walk upon the ground.” For weeks she traveled across the continent, having to slow her flight when crossing the waterflight’s inland sea. Whether it would have been faster to travel around, she didn’t know, but the ocean winds made her sick with the slowness of it all. Land approached- she almost thought to visit her brother in the eastern desert, but her brother had always been like their father, and in such a way as would make him all the less pleasant to speak with. And if she should mention anything, and he repeat it back to their father? No. Better not to speak to him at all. So when at last the ship she sailed upon docked, she headed northeast, and not southeast- and, after all, her mother had told her to meet family in the land of the sun. The land of the sun was… She didn’t know what she thought of it. It was the home of her mother, and now the home of the dragons Veles marked enemy- [i]another thing he will see as fault of my mother, I’m sure.[/i] The thing that stood most prominent in her mind was, still, the fact that Nusku ([i]and his family[/i]) lived here. She would find their kingdom and. And what? Free Nusku in a blaze of glory, set everything right, and raise a better world over the graves of their parents? [i]Don’t be silly, [/i]she chided herself as she entered the kingdom- not dissimilar to her own home, but unfamiliar in a way that made it uncanny. [i]First, you must find him.[/i]
@Mebibyte
Flight, Fight
Letter for Anapto of the Augers

Pale Pink Rose Red Linen Fabric Scrap Bamboo Phytocat Intact Parchment

51522828.png

Outside her kingdom- it should have been her kingdom from the start- outside its walls and its harsh crowds and away- away- from her father. She ran, at times on a form borrowed from the like of Beastclan creatures, and at times on her own, at full size and full strength- at times, she borrowed breath from the Windsinger and flew.
Days and nights passed with her only shelter being her own wings. She had, before, been out in these wilds; and she had always found it unpleasant; now, it was less so. Perhaps that was because she was fleeing her father- at least, that was the most reasonable guess she could give her journals as she ran.
She didn’t think- didn’t let herself think that it might be because of something else.
Quote:
Princess of Arcane,
Forgive my illegible scrawl but I must write with haste. I wish this letter could find you in better times. How I want so desperately that this letter was one of invitation. Of exuberant plans and peaceful strolls through the gardens and lively talks among the dragons in the bazaar. To see your face at all would be divine, a gift from the gods far beyond, and I wish that I would have spoken to you more than the passing glances we shared.
Somewhere in my drowsy thoughts I wondered if you could have been the one behind the gift I found along my bedside. But the more I considered the notion, as much as I wished it to be true, it couldn't be so. Our lands are much too far apart and why would you risk your beautiful scales for a gift to a prince of rival kingdom? No matter. I had every intention of repaying the kindness but I fear that my own mistakes and hasty actions have made such a feat nigh impossible.
As each minute drags on I am led to believe my time is short. My parents are not known for their kindness. Or, should I say, my mother. Over the years my father has grown more cruel and tyrannical. His tongue is bitter and his mind is cold and he rules over this kingdom with an iron fist. Before my father banished me into the dungeon for holding, Ninazu whispered to me that he believes this all to be my mother's doing, even the sending of my own brother out to do her dirty work. This is something I cannot stand. Either I will die in this cell or I will die seizing the throne from their bloodied claws. I have never been known to lie and surrender, and after all, don't I deserve in the least to offer my own life valiantly after the unfortunate demise of my sister? Am I as bad as they?
I write to tell you that as the skies darken and the stone walls close in around me, that my thoughts are of you and your eyes of starlight. Please, your highness, watch after yourself. Do not let a pack of wolves close in around you as I did. You must defend yourself from those who wish to tear down you and the very world you love.

Nusku

The phytocat stands proudly before Anapto, the letter case strapped over its torso with red cloth and its eyes staring forward with determination. It waits, still and focused. A pale pink rose pokes out of the end of the weathered case that bears a dusty sigil of wind. Across the darkened leather is a deep set of fresh claw marks. Much too big for the phytocat. Almost...dragon-like.

She read the letter again- twice over. Wolves and starlight eyes- she missed his own eyes that gleamed of adventurer wind and noble heart- a sister dead- thoughts that roamed to her own sister, to a desire to burn her kingdom to ash, with a shuddering sigh were dispelled- dungeon keeps that keep her love- she knows she ought not to think of him as her beloved, but it is impossible to contain the heart when it aches so- and again, wolves.
Their families were just two packs of wolves, ready to tear the world apart, weren’t they?
The sword- the sword! If he did not believe it was her own hand that brought it to him, all the better; her father's sword would have vanished entirely then, and this new blade not his, but belonging instead to Nusku. Whatever the case, she hoped it was not fault of that blade, of her gift, that he was now locked away in a dungeon.

The Phytocat had followed her since meeting, there at the outer edge of her kingdom. How it had found her, she could only guess. When it had followed her more than a mile, unrelenting and watchful, she had turned to it and nodded. “I’ll need a name for you, if you are to follow me.”
It had blinked, slowly; waiting.
“Kiohl, then.” It stood, walking towards the sun lands, ahead of her for a moment. “Kiohl then,” she repeated, trailing after- trailing turned to walking in stride turned to picking it up and carrying it on the wind. “Faster to fly, than to walk upon the ground.”

For weeks she traveled across the continent, having to slow her flight when crossing the waterflight’s inland sea. Whether it would have been faster to travel around, she didn’t know, but the ocean winds made her sick with the slowness of it all. Land approached- she almost thought to visit her brother in the eastern desert, but her brother had always been like their father, and in such a way as would make him all the less pleasant to speak with. And if she should mention anything, and he repeat it back to their father? No. Better not to speak to him at all. So when at last the ship she sailed upon docked, she headed northeast, and not southeast- and, after all, her mother had told her to meet family in the land of the sun.

The land of the sun was… She didn’t know what she thought of it. It was the home of her mother, and now the home of the dragons Veles marked enemy- another thing he will see as fault of my mother, I’m sure. The thing that stood most prominent in her mind was, still, the fact that Nusku (and his family) lived here. She would find their kingdom and. And what? Free Nusku in a blaze of glory, set everything right, and raise a better world over the graves of their parents?
Don’t be silly, she chided herself as she entered the kingdom- not dissimilar to her own home, but unfamiliar in a way that made it uncanny.
First, you must find him.

1C4RmMC.png
mlHpBMC.png
LF :: nests of
yMgLfNO.pnggem.pngcherubgeneeggivory.pngFz6gBO0.png
1 2 3 4 5