Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Personal] Nitpicking progen genes
1 2 3 4 5
Ooo, good luck with her, I couldn't find anything I liked when I was scrying her either [s]which is odd[/s]. That glimmer looks a bit better imo than the runes with her though. And as for your question earlier in the thread about changing progen genes? I've done it to Nightrain a few times already, and still thinking on changing that lace as I've fallen out of love with it on her. Genes she's had: Tiger, stripes, safari, and I think a different tert, but don't remember xD [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32223828] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/322239/32223828_350.png[/img] [/url]
Ooo, good luck with her, I couldn't find anything I liked when I was scrying her either which is odd.
That glimmer looks a bit better imo than the runes with her though.
And as for your question earlier in the thread about changing progen genes? I've done it to Nightrain a few times already, and still thinking on changing that lace as I've fallen out of love with it on her.

Genes she's had:
Tiger, stripes, safari, and I think a different tert, but don't remember xD

32223828_350.png
w8o0xW1.png My_half_an_egg_button.png
@mondschatten

Yeah, in the end i suppose i can handle swapping genes if something awesome releases later down the line. or i just decide i don't like it anymore, i know that feeling!

I like the wings on that tundra! Too bad tundra poses don't show more wing. Is that apparel? Unless that's scales i'm seeing for the copper colored mouth area.

It's always interesting to see others gene choices and what they like or don't like. My other gene projects should hopefully be much easier than this one, as i should be less picky. hopefully
@mondschatten

Yeah, in the end i suppose i can handle swapping genes if something awesome releases later down the line. or i just decide i don't like it anymore, i know that feeling!

I like the wings on that tundra! Too bad tundra poses don't show more wing. Is that apparel? Unless that's scales i'm seeing for the copper colored mouth area.

It's always interesting to see others gene choices and what they like or don't like. My other gene projects should hopefully be much easier than this one, as i should be less picky. hopefully
hTjYFxw.png
@EyesofBlue The scales is an accent from Thundercrack a few years ago [item=accent: wire nibbler]. Put it on her because my head cannon when I moved to Lightning was that she kept a plug handy to help discharge the electricity that builds up in her fur, then she had the scales added later to help discharge more after a few errant shocks to clanmates. I do wish their poses showed more wings though. So many beautiful genes, but so little is seen, especially with the females. And sometimes it just takes the right dragon/color combo to change your mind on a gene. I hated cherub at first, didn't want any dragons that had it unless I was breeding for fodder. Then I came across a female guardian with orca cherub and I found I loved it - on them at least lol. Still picky about it otherwise. A lot of gene projects you almost know the perfect genes for them before scrying, but then there's the odd ones out like your girl. Hopefully there will soon be an 'oh yes!' combo for her instead of an 'eh, ok I guess'.
@EyesofBlue The scales is an accent from Thundercrack a few years ago Accent: Wire Nibbler . Put it on her because my head cannon when I moved to Lightning was that she kept a plug handy to help discharge the electricity that builds up in her fur, then she had the scales added later to help discharge more after a few errant shocks to clanmates.
I do wish their poses showed more wings though. So many beautiful genes, but so little is seen, especially with the females.
And sometimes it just takes the right dragon/color combo to change your mind on a gene. I hated cherub at first, didn't want any dragons that had it unless I was breeding for fodder. Then I came across a female guardian with orca cherub and I found I loved it - on them at least lol. Still picky about it otherwise.
A lot of gene projects you almost know the perfect genes for them before scrying, but then there's the odd ones out like your girl. Hopefully there will soon be an 'oh yes!' combo for her instead of an 'eh, ok I guess'.
w8o0xW1.png My_half_an_egg_button.png
@eyesofblue How about something like this? [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=17&breed=2&element=9&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=19&tertgene=4&winggene=1&wings=56&auth=a14805c55331a661ae23da7e55c8b87c5b1fbc78&dummyext=prev.png[/img] I like that storm is more purple in Gembond and I kept the other two very dark and not overly patterned
@eyesofblue
How about something like this?
dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=17&breed=2&element=9&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=19&tertgene=4&winggene=1&wings=56&auth=a14805c55331a661ae23da7e55c8b87c5b1fbc78&dummyext=prev.png
I like that storm is more purple in Gembond and I kept the other two very dark and not overly patterned
She/Her | FR + 19 | Inactive: FR 5am-1pm
PJgrBLH.png
@xxserenity

1) I know what those are: metallic and shimmer! not much to say about those

2) Hey gembond. cracks knuckles It's not the color that bothers me, it's the aesthetics of the gene. The placement of the gems, the fact it sits on top of everything looking like a growth of some kind, it really does look like a cobra bit the dragon and the dragon got something it didn't want. I'm not a fan of this gene, suffice to say i don't like it. Just my opinion here though, i've seen plenty of gembond appreciation from someone other than me. how could they pick this gene?

After all this conquest battle business is over with, aka tomorrow, i'll likely decide on something and post the 'finished' product here. Thanks for everyone pitching in with ideas, it does help to see different combinations, as i don't know if i would have thought of skydancer breed change otherwise.

Plus, i can necro this thread again when FR releases a gene and my progen needs it
@xxserenity

1) I know what those are: metallic and shimmer! not much to say about those

2) Hey gembond. cracks knuckles It's not the color that bothers me, it's the aesthetics of the gene. The placement of the gems, the fact it sits on top of everything looking like a growth of some kind, it really does look like a cobra bit the dragon and the dragon got something it didn't want. I'm not a fan of this gene, suffice to say i don't like it. Just my opinion here though, i've seen plenty of gembond appreciation from someone other than me. how could they pick this gene?

After all this conquest battle business is over with, aka tomorrow, i'll likely decide on something and post the 'finished' product here. Thanks for everyone pitching in with ideas, it does help to see different combinations, as i don't know if i would have thought of skydancer breed change otherwise.

Plus, i can necro this thread again when FR releases a gene and my progen needs it
hTjYFxw.png
@mondschatten Speaking of a cherub dragon, here is mine: [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/408155/40815499_350.png[/img] [emoji=fae winking size=1]
@mondschatten

Speaking of a cherub dragon, here is mine:

40815499_350.png

hTjYFxw.png
Oh right, this is going to be expensive.

Hmmm, currently i don't have enough treasure for everything. Or gems.

I do have stuff to open though. I've been hoarding :>
Oh right, this is going to be expensive.

Hmmm, currently i don't have enough treasure for everything. Or gems.

I do have stuff to open though. I've been hoarding :>
hTjYFxw.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40268953] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/402690/40268953_350.png[/img] [/url] WOO! I love mass chest openings. I just barely had enough to pull this off between the treasure and the gems i got. [s]especially because every gene was a gem gene[/s] However, it means i won't be matching with Clydri anytime soon and so future kids are gonna be basic for awhile. Of course i could try to sell my extra apparel/familiars. But i'm lazy. May this thread be buried once more. [s]inb4 FR releases a gene i have to have[/s]

40268953_350.png

WOO! I love mass chest openings. I just barely had enough to pull this off between the treasure and the gems i got. especially because every gene was a gem gene

However, it means i won't be matching with Clydri anytime soon and so future kids are gonna be basic for awhile.

Of course i could try to sell my extra apparel/familiars. But i'm lazy.

May this thread be buried once more. inb4 FR releases a gene i have to have
hTjYFxw.png
1 2 3 4 5