Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Personal] Nitpicking progen genes
1 2 3 4 5
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40268953] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/402690/40268953_350.png[/img] [/url] This is my progen. Back when i signed up for this site, i didn't have an understanding that dragons had a third color. Furthermore, the color ends up being random. So, of course, my luck is that with my beautiful black and chocolate brown... i get storm blue. I want to gene her, but i just can't bring myself to leave her tertiary gene basic and it feels like i should challenge myself to find something that [i]actually works[/i] instead of just picking a gene that more or less hides the fact she even is fully gened {looking at you, spines and firefly}. To top it off, i'm really picky because i want her to look cool, neat, and beautiful. Unfortunately, storm blue just doesn't seem to mix all that well with her other colors. Next post, i'll do some of my own scrys and also post my nitpicks i have with them. Perhaps if others would like to attempt to help me out and give me ideas, i might make a top 5 scry list or something that i edit every once in awhile.

40268953_350.png

This is my progen. Back when i signed up for this site, i didn't have an understanding that dragons had a third color.

Furthermore, the color ends up being random. So, of course, my luck is that with my beautiful black and chocolate brown... i get storm blue.

I want to gene her, but i just can't bring myself to leave her tertiary gene basic and it feels like i should challenge myself to find something that actually works instead of just picking a gene that more or less hides the fact she even is fully gened {looking at you, spines and firefly}.

To top it off, i'm really picky because i want her to look cool, neat, and beautiful. Unfortunately, storm blue just doesn't seem to mix all that well with her other colors.

Next post, i'll do some of my own scrys and also post my nitpicks i have with them. Perhaps if others would like to attempt to help me out and give me ideas, i might make a top 5 scry list or something that i edit every once in awhile.
hTjYFxw.png
[img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=7&breed=2&element=9&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=19&tertgene=18&winggene=8&wings=56&auth=e5443274313dc27bbb4e00ce4b568ff3fc4c4d26&dummyext=prev.png[/img] So, my first idea back when i first joined was to make her crystal. I thought crystal was really neat and shiny. Unfortunately for me, gembond exits as the last themed crystal gene. Ugh, that gene looks terrible in storm blue and on her, terrible in general. Maybe capsule can be a ok replacement. But im picky... im not happy with an ok replacement. I want better. [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=17&breed=2&element=9&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=19&tertgene=10&winggene=25&wings=56&auth=7eba7418f8caf32674537b4a1778db934d798f90&dummyext=prev.png[/img] My next idea spawned when constellation released. It looks super neat and super pretty on her wings. The problems? Picking the other genes... Glimmer is shiny, but why does the blue have to reach all the way to her horns too? I'm also hesitant about metallic making her lines pop out so much {see: her calves on her hind legs}. Speaking of lines, i actually don't think the starmap connected white lines fit for her primary gene. Just feels off. [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=10&breed=2&element=9&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=19&tertgene=16&winggene=15&wings=56&auth=1128741379000f46b2569ebefa7c36855d01b23c&dummyext=prev.png[/img] It's always the tertiary i swear. I like Cherub, i think the wavy pattern i get on the wings is pretty sweet too {i just forgot what gene name for secondary i have here}. But why does lace have to reach her wing tips?? That contrast just doesn't work for meeeeee. I'm not sure what to do. I've browsed other primaries to be sure, but i haven't seen anything else i like. Perhaps i was just not creative enough to find the right combination though with the other genes. I'd almost be tempted to scatter Auralin, but considering i'd get three new random ones... i feel like that's a bad idea. Anyone out there want me to [s]nitpick[/s] see your ideas on how to gene her?
dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=7&breed=2&element=9&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=19&tertgene=18&winggene=8&wings=56&auth=e5443274313dc27bbb4e00ce4b568ff3fc4c4d26&dummyext=prev.png

So, my first idea back when i first joined was to make her crystal. I thought crystal was really neat and shiny. Unfortunately for me, gembond exits as the last themed crystal gene. Ugh, that gene looks terrible in storm blue and on her, terrible in general. Maybe capsule can be a ok replacement. But im picky... im not happy with an ok replacement. I want better.

dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=17&breed=2&element=9&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=19&tertgene=10&winggene=25&wings=56&auth=7eba7418f8caf32674537b4a1778db934d798f90&dummyext=prev.png

My next idea spawned when constellation released. It looks super neat and super pretty on her wings. The problems? Picking the other genes...

Glimmer is shiny, but why does the blue have to reach all the way to her horns too? I'm also hesitant about metallic making her lines pop out so much {see: her calves on her hind legs}. Speaking of lines, i actually don't think the starmap connected white lines fit for her primary gene. Just feels off.

dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=10&breed=2&element=9&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=19&tertgene=16&winggene=15&wings=56&auth=1128741379000f46b2569ebefa7c36855d01b23c&dummyext=prev.png

It's always the tertiary i swear. I like Cherub, i think the wavy pattern i get on the wings is pretty sweet too {i just forgot what gene name for secondary i have here}. But why does lace have to reach her wing tips?? That contrast just doesn't work for meeeeee.

I'm not sure what to do. I've browsed other primaries to be sure, but i haven't seen anything else i like. Perhaps i was just not creative enough to find the right combination though with the other genes. I'd almost be tempted to scatter Auralin, but considering i'd get three new random ones... i feel like that's a bad idea.

Anyone out there want me to nitpick see your ideas on how to gene her?
hTjYFxw.png
https://imgur.com/a/Yc758Wl
@Eyesofblue
I tried?
https://imgur.com/a/Yc758Wl
@Eyesofblue
I tried?
7NebxtL.jpg
@Sweettoothart

Hey, it's butterfly! I know that gene, it has eye-looking things.

1) Too many stripes

2) Tooo maaannnyyy stripes

Wait, how is her third color red? How did you do that?? Did you cheat?

3) The stripes on her face whyyyyyyy.

Nitpicking done.
@Sweettoothart

Hey, it's butterfly! I know that gene, it has eye-looking things.

1) Too many stripes

2) Tooo maaannnyyy stripes

Wait, how is her third color red? How did you do that?? Did you cheat?

3) The stripes on her face whyyyyyyy.

Nitpicking done.
hTjYFxw.png
@Eyesofblue
yeah unfortunately lion fish is way too cluttered with stripes, but heyyy at least they all tie in together with that nice red
@Eyesofblue
yeah unfortunately lion fish is way too cluttered with stripes, but heyyy at least they all tie in together with that nice red
7NebxtL.jpg
If only there wasn't so many stripes. more like if only i wasn't so picky

Oh, i see, peacock was her tertiary. I'm not against the eye spot things, it's just a few of them are in spots i don't like. stares at her shoulder

Good try i guess though and thanks for the gene ideas. I might use lionfish on a different dragon.

@sweettoothart
If only there wasn't so many stripes. more like if only i wasn't so picky

Oh, i see, peacock was her tertiary. I'm not against the eye spot things, it's just a few of them are in spots i don't like. stares at her shoulder

Good try i guess though and thanks for the gene ideas. I might use lionfish on a different dragon.

@sweettoothart
hTjYFxw.png
Hmm, i wonder if i should try to find new combinations here. or maybe i can just slowly post every combination possible

I'm almost curious how long that would take. kek
Hmm, i wonder if i should try to find new combinations here. or maybe i can just slowly post every combination possible

I'm almost curious how long that would take. kek
hTjYFxw.png
[img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=11&breed=2&element=9&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=19&tertgene=12&winggene=24&wings=56&auth=007418dd1002ba65aeab0c6acbeb68def6665351&dummyext=prev.png[/img] stained might be cheating, but i like how it makes obs poison look at least o:
dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=11&breed=2&element=9&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=19&tertgene=12&winggene=24&wings=56&auth=007418dd1002ba65aeab0c6acbeb68def6665351&dummyext=prev.png

stained might be cheating, but i like how it makes obs poison look at least o:
cacophonycat.pngTS75Tst.pngcXuh2a9.gifQPWLGP7.gif
@cacophony

Noxtide for the wings, that's a good option to consider.

Regardless of if stained is cheating, i'm not sure about the blue haze just being everywhere. It even mutes the chocolate color on her wings. Also should mention it almost somehow turns her obsidian black into storm blue everywhere else...

I'm not a big fan of the spotted genes. It's not terrible or anything, it's just she has spots on her 'wing elbow'.

Oh look, her horns are no longer a solid color either. here i go again

Nitpicking aside, Alltogether it's a pretty decent option. Is it a terrible thing to want better than a decent option?

probably is, or i might never gene her
@cacophony

Noxtide for the wings, that's a good option to consider.

Regardless of if stained is cheating, i'm not sure about the blue haze just being everywhere. It even mutes the chocolate color on her wings. Also should mention it almost somehow turns her obsidian black into storm blue everywhere else...

I'm not a big fan of the spotted genes. It's not terrible or anything, it's just she has spots on her 'wing elbow'.

Oh look, her horns are no longer a solid color either. here i go again

Nitpicking aside, Alltogether it's a pretty decent option. Is it a terrible thing to want better than a decent option?

probably is, or i might never gene her
hTjYFxw.png
Tomorrow i'll try to post the story of the genes currently displayed on her profile page.

FYI, for anyone who happens to read this. Night me.
Tomorrow i'll try to post the story of the genes currently displayed on her profile page.

FYI, for anyone who happens to read this. Night me.
hTjYFxw.png
1 2 3 4 5