Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Legacy of War] Alpha to Omega
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17
[center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2255172/1][img]https://orig01.deviantart.net/7a3f/f/2017/225/a/0/frwind_sword_banner_by_littlefiredragon-dbjxzn6.png[/img][/url][/center] [center]“No names until the surviving heir is decided, and then after that, the name they get is already decided by fate,” Ace explained as she walked with Kyrin through the twisting mess of tunnels and caves. They were talking about his hatchlings, of course. That’s all Ace ever talked about; the prophecy, and how his brood was such a big part of it. “Then what are we supposed to call them in the time before it’s decided who’s the survivor?” Kyrin pressed. “It just seems wrong to leave them nameless.” “If you name them, you’ll get more attached to them. Only after the heir proves to be worthy by surviving are they given a name. How many times do I have to explain this to you?” Ace asked, almost exasperatedly. Kyrin had noticed a change in her demeanor towards him ever since the eggs hatched. He couldn’t say she was friendly, exactly, but she didn’t speak as harshly towards him, and seemed a little less controlling. Perhaps that was because he had fulfilled his purpose, and the rest was up to chance. Or fate, in Ace’s eyes. All Kyrin had to do now was wait. “They’re dragons, not pets. They deserve names,” Kyrin insisted. Ace scoffed. “I don’t have time to argue with you, and this isn’t something that is up for debate. No names, that’s final,” the dark Wildclaw snapped. She led Kyrin into a tunnel that opened up into a spacious cavern. Stalagmites and stalactites were all over, with many of them being much larger than Kyrin, to his surprise. Looking around, he saw many platforms build around and between the rocky teeth. A yelp echoed through the cavern, followed by a triumphant “Ha!”, notifying Kyrin of the location of where his children were training. Moving between the stalagmites, Kyrin spotted the small Guardians playfully attacking each other. Or at least, two of them. Looking around, he couldn’t seem to find his third hatchling; the one covered in spots. Ace let out a surprised noise, and Kyrin looked over to see the spotted charcoal-coloured hatchling with his jaw clamped down on Ace’s tail. She shook him off, and Kyrin was worried she was about to get angry at the hatchling. To his surprise she only chuckled. “Good instincts, this one,” Ace said simply, before turning to leave. “Now that I’ve brought you here, I have other things to tend to. I’m sure Akoris will meet you here shortly; she knows her way around the Shattered Labyrinth, so she can show you out when you’re done here.” With that, the Wildclaw left, disappearing between stalagmites. “Father, why are you with that dragon so much?” Kyrin’s spotted son asked. The other two hatchlings had stopped play-fighting and had scrambled over, seemingly curious of the answer as well. It had only been a couple of weeks, and they were already so much bigger and stronger. “That’s Ace. She’s the leader of the dragons that live in this place. She likes to keep an eye on everything, including me,” Kyrin explained. “We [i]know[/i] who she is. The question is [i]why[/i] are you with her so much! I don’t like her,” his daughter proclaimed, sitting down with a huff. “Yeah, well I don’t like you!” her brother exclaimed, tackling her (and saving Kyrin from having to explain the situation he was in any further). The two grappled with each other, fighting for the upper talon while giggling. The spotted child rolled his eyes at the two of them, then snuck off, walking surprisingly silent. He flanked the two of them from around some of the stalagmites, and Kyrin watched him crouch low to the ground, stalking his siblings. With a sudden leap, he knocked his brother off of his sister, sending them both tumbling to the ground. They were up on their talons again swiftly, attacking and dodging. Kyrin was both impressed and mildly horrified. Already his children were practicing to kill each other. They knew how things worked around here; they had been told what would happen when they became of age. Things were all fun and games now, but there was a certain tension between the trio that Kyrin had never seen in hatchlings before, especially not siblings. Kyrin’s first son, the one that looked most similar to him, escaped the fray and ran over to him. He had a few scratches, but seemed oblivious to it. “Spots is a cheater, sneaking around like that. I’m better than fighting than he is, that’s why he runs and hides,” he declared, looking up at his father with determination. “I’ll be the winner, watch me!” Kyrin tilted his head at the hatchling. “Spots?” He echoed, glancing briefly at his other son before turning his attention back to the one here beside him. His son stiffened, looking up at him with wide eyes. “Oops,” he mumbled, quickly trying to escape back into the fray. Kyrin swept his tail over, blocking the hatchling from leaving just yet. “A nickname? Do all three of you have names for each other?” Kyrin questioned. Ace couldn’t get mad at him for them having names if they named themselves/each other, right? The smaller Guardian didn’t answer, looking worried. “I’m not mad, don’t worry. I only ask because I would like something to call you as well. I know the rules say you’re not allowed to have a name unless you’re the survivor, but… Well, I’d be lying if I said I agreed with the rules of this place,” Kyrin admitted, looking away. His son visibly relaxed. “Oh, alright. Uh, yeah, we kinda gave each other names. Brother is named Spots, for obvious reasons. Sister is Pebble, because she likes to curl up into a ball when she sleeps, and she blends in with the rocks and pebbles down here. And I’m called Rin! Everyone always says I look almost exactly like you, so Pebble started calling me Rin, named after you,” he explained, watching his siblings brawl as he spoke. Kyrin felt a small pit begin forming in his stomach. Despite that, he gave his son a small smile. “Thank you for telling me. You better get back in there and show your siblings what you’re made of, Rin. Time moves swiftly,” Kyrin told the hatchling. With a nod, Rin turned around and leapt back into the fight with renewed vigor, clearly targeting Spots, but dealing with Pebble all the same. “They seem to be doing well,” came a voice Kyrin recognized well. The Guardian turned his head to find Akoris approaching. She sat down beside her partner, watching their hatchlings wrestle. “Yeah,” Kyrin agreed. He still couldn’t help but feel like this was wrong, forcing hatchlings to kill their siblings as soon as they came of age. Exile wasn’t even an option; it had to end in the other hatchlings dying. Kyrin had already had a very extensive conversation about how things worked around here with Ace, and nothing he had said to her had made a difference. The hatchlings suddenly seemed to notice Akoris’s arrival, and began fighting harder, apparently trying to impress their mother with their fighting skills. Kyrin knew they were probably already better at fighting than he was, which was a little weird to think about. Pebble became pinned under the weight of her brother, Rin, but twisted out of his grip and flipped him over, pinning him down instead. She held her head up high in victory, but it was short lived as Spots grabbed her tail in his maw and dragged her to the ground. She spun around to snap at him, but he moved just out of reach. As he backed up, Rin tripped Spots with his tail, causing the spotted Guardian to tumble onto his back. Kyrin let out a quiet sigh. Ace was right. Them having names was making him more attached to them. Kyrin couldn’t bear thinking about what would happen to two of his children in the near future. So instead, he twined his tail with Akoris’s, and tried not to think about the Arena. ------------ The kids are adults now, which means the first real battle will be soon. I haven't found out who the survivor is just yet, but I'm off to do that now >:) [size=1]@Dragonfruiteen @ShadowWolf17[/size] [/center]
frwind_sword_banner_by_littlefiredragon-dbjxzn6.png

“No names until the surviving heir is decided, and then after that, the name they get is already decided by fate,” Ace explained as she walked with Kyrin through the twisting mess of tunnels and caves. They were talking about his hatchlings, of course. That’s all Ace ever talked about; the prophecy, and how his brood was such a big part of it.

“Then what are we supposed to call them in the time before it’s decided who’s the survivor?” Kyrin pressed. “It just seems wrong to leave them nameless.”

“If you name them, you’ll get more attached to them. Only after the heir proves to be worthy by surviving are they given a name. How many times do I have to explain this to you?” Ace asked, almost exasperatedly. Kyrin had noticed a change in her demeanor towards him ever since the eggs hatched. He couldn’t say she was friendly, exactly, but she didn’t speak as harshly towards him, and seemed a little less controlling. Perhaps that was because he had fulfilled his purpose, and the rest was up to chance. Or fate, in Ace’s eyes. All Kyrin had to do now was wait.

“They’re dragons, not pets. They deserve names,” Kyrin insisted. Ace scoffed.

“I don’t have time to argue with you, and this isn’t something that is up for debate. No names, that’s final,” the dark Wildclaw snapped. She led Kyrin into a tunnel that opened up into a spacious cavern. Stalagmites and stalactites were all over, with many of them being much larger than Kyrin, to his surprise. Looking around, he saw many platforms build around and between the rocky teeth.

A yelp echoed through the cavern, followed by a triumphant “Ha!”, notifying Kyrin of the location of where his children were training. Moving between the stalagmites, Kyrin spotted the small Guardians playfully attacking each other. Or at least, two of them. Looking around, he couldn’t seem to find his third hatchling; the one covered in spots.

Ace let out a surprised noise, and Kyrin looked over to see the spotted charcoal-coloured hatchling with his jaw clamped down on Ace’s tail. She shook him off, and Kyrin was worried she was about to get angry at the hatchling. To his surprise she only chuckled.

“Good instincts, this one,” Ace said simply, before turning to leave. “Now that I’ve brought you here, I have other things to tend to. I’m sure Akoris will meet you here shortly; she knows her way around the Shattered Labyrinth, so she can show you out when you’re done here.”

With that, the Wildclaw left, disappearing between stalagmites.

“Father, why are you with that dragon so much?” Kyrin’s spotted son asked. The other two hatchlings had stopped play-fighting and had scrambled over, seemingly curious of the answer as well. It had only been a couple of weeks, and they were already so much bigger and stronger.

“That’s Ace. She’s the leader of the dragons that live in this place. She likes to keep an eye on everything, including me,” Kyrin explained.

“We know who she is. The question is why are you with her so much! I don’t like her,” his daughter proclaimed, sitting down with a huff.

“Yeah, well I don’t like you!” her brother exclaimed, tackling her (and saving Kyrin from having to explain the situation he was in any further). The two grappled with each other, fighting for the upper talon while giggling. The spotted child rolled his eyes at the two of them, then snuck off, walking surprisingly silent. He flanked the two of them from around some of the stalagmites, and Kyrin watched him crouch low to the ground, stalking his siblings.

With a sudden leap, he knocked his brother off of his sister, sending them both tumbling to the ground. They were up on their talons again swiftly, attacking and dodging. Kyrin was both impressed and mildly horrified. Already his children were practicing to kill each other. They knew how things worked around here; they had been told what would happen when they became of age. Things were all fun and games now, but there was a certain tension between the trio that Kyrin had never seen in hatchlings before, especially not siblings.

Kyrin’s first son, the one that looked most similar to him, escaped the fray and ran over to him. He had a few scratches, but seemed oblivious to it.

“Spots is a cheater, sneaking around like that. I’m better than fighting than he is, that’s why he runs and hides,” he declared, looking up at his father with determination. “I’ll be the winner, watch me!”

Kyrin tilted his head at the hatchling.

“Spots?” He echoed, glancing briefly at his other son before turning his attention back to the one here beside him. His son stiffened, looking up at him with wide eyes.

“Oops,” he mumbled, quickly trying to escape back into the fray. Kyrin swept his tail over, blocking the hatchling from leaving just yet.

“A nickname? Do all three of you have names for each other?” Kyrin questioned. Ace couldn’t get mad at him for them having names if they named themselves/each other, right? The smaller Guardian didn’t answer, looking worried.

“I’m not mad, don’t worry. I only ask because I would like something to call you as well. I know the rules say you’re not allowed to have a name unless you’re the survivor, but… Well, I’d be lying if I said I agreed with the rules of this place,” Kyrin admitted, looking away. His son visibly relaxed.

“Oh, alright. Uh, yeah, we kinda gave each other names. Brother is named Spots, for obvious reasons. Sister is Pebble, because she likes to curl up into a ball when she sleeps, and she blends in with the rocks and pebbles down here. And I’m called Rin! Everyone always says I look almost exactly like you, so Pebble started calling me Rin, named after you,” he explained, watching his siblings brawl as he spoke. Kyrin felt a small pit begin forming in his stomach. Despite that, he gave his son a small smile.

“Thank you for telling me. You better get back in there and show your siblings what you’re made of, Rin. Time moves swiftly,” Kyrin told the hatchling.

With a nod, Rin turned around and leapt back into the fight with renewed vigor, clearly targeting Spots, but dealing with Pebble all the same.

“They seem to be doing well,” came a voice Kyrin recognized well. The Guardian turned his head to find Akoris approaching. She sat down beside her partner, watching their hatchlings wrestle.

“Yeah,” Kyrin agreed. He still couldn’t help but feel like this was wrong, forcing hatchlings to kill their siblings as soon as they came of age. Exile wasn’t even an option; it had to end in the other hatchlings dying. Kyrin had already had a very extensive conversation about how things worked around here with Ace, and nothing he had said to her had made a difference.

The hatchlings suddenly seemed to notice Akoris’s arrival, and began fighting harder, apparently trying to impress their mother with their fighting skills. Kyrin knew they were probably already better at fighting than he was, which was a little weird to think about.

Pebble became pinned under the weight of her brother, Rin, but twisted out of his grip and flipped him over, pinning him down instead. She held her head up high in victory, but it was short lived as Spots grabbed her tail in his maw and dragged her to the ground. She spun around to snap at him, but he moved just out of reach. As he backed up, Rin tripped Spots with his tail, causing the spotted Guardian to tumble onto his back.

Kyrin let out a quiet sigh.

Ace was right. Them having names was making him more attached to them. Kyrin couldn’t bear thinking about what would happen to two of his children in the near future. So instead, he twined his tail with Akoris’s, and tried not to think about the Arena.

The kids are adults now, which means the first real battle will be soon. I haven't found out who the survivor is just yet, but I'm off to do that now >:)

@Dragonfruiteen @ShadowWolf17
oAK3y8z.png AfamSig.gif
[center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2255172/1][img]https://orig01.deviantart.net/7a3f/f/2017/225/a/0/frwind_sword_banner_by_littlefiredragon-dbjxzn6.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][b]WARNING: Mild gore ahead.[/b] But that’s to be expected, right?.... ------------------------ “It’s time.” Those two words planted a seed of dread in Kyrin’s chest that grew quickly, spreading throughout him. Ace beckoned for Kyrin and Akoris to follow her, which they promptly did without a word. Today was the day Kyrin would watch his children kill each other. They emerged from the labyrinth of caves and tunnels out into the massive central chamber. Kyrin followed Ace closely as they made their way to the massive Arena. Akoris walked beside him, their wings brushing against each other occasionally as they walked. [i]Well,[/i] Kyrin’s mind began softly. [i]At least one good thing came of this horrible place.[/i] He glanced at his partner. Akoris caught his glance, and gave him a soft smile. He returned the gesture, feeling a little better than before. They had arrived at the Arena. Dragons were already flocking to the place, and it was just as chaotic as the first time he had been here. Ace turned her head to look at the pair behind her before leaping into the air, clearly expecting them to follow. Kyrin and Akoris launched themselves into the air after her, not too worried about losing her in the crowd, since they both knew where they were headed. As they flew above the Arena, Kyrin glanced around. The same Bogsneak as before was sitting by the giant gong again, waiting for his cue. The rows of ledges were filling up quickly with dragons shuffling around trying to get good seats for the impending battle. Akoris banked slightly, then flapped her wings as she landed surprisingly lightly for such a big dragon on the private balcony where Ace was waiting. Kyrin landed next to her, a lot less gracefully. Settling down a bit, they waited for the fight to start… ---------- The sudden echo of the gongs sounded, signaling to everyone that things were about to start. The trio of Guardians flew down into the Arena, eyeing each other up. The three of them had trained together practically since hatching, and knew all of each other’s tricks and techniques by now. Rin was confident that he was the strongest out of the three of them. He knew Spots would try skirting around to avoid fighting while Rin and Pebble fought, tiring them out. He’d plan on striking while they were distracted. Which is why Rin was going to target Spots first. Spots stared at Rin from the other side of the Arena. Even from a distance, the spotted Guardian could recognize his brother’s expression and knew there would be no sneaking around in this fight. That left him with two options. Either collide head on with Rin, or rush at Pebble. He’d like to get his brother out of the way, since he was quite strong, but he wasn’t sure if he could win in a straight out one-on-one battle with Rin. He glanced at Pebble. Pebble was focusing on taking deep breaths, forcing her wings not to shake. She didn’t want to do this. She wished she was anywhere but here. Fighting with her brothers when they were hatchlings had never been her favourite thing to do, but she constantly got dragged into it. Her heart pounded as she thought about how only one of the three would be alive after this. Doubt seeped through her scales; she felt certain there was no way she could win. Rin and Spots had trained rigorously after learning about what the future held. Pebble, on the other talon, had mostly just watched them from afar. A small flicker of hope broke through Pebble’s doubt. [i]That’s right,[/i] she thought. [i]I’ve watched them train and spar with each other. I know exactly how they move, their strategies, everything… Maybe I do have a chance at surviving this![/i] Pebble could already see the boys eyeing each other up. A plan formed in her mind. The two of them looked like they would probably target each other first, then the survivor would deal with her. Both of them knew she wasn’t much of a fighter, but she was going to try to use that against them. The gong sounded again, and the dragons in the Arena leapt into action. Rin ran straight for Spots, his teeth bared. Spots, instead of running, stood his ground, crouching and getting ready. Pebble raced along the outskirts of the Arena, staying low to the ground as she watched her brothers. With a roar, Rin leapt at Spots, who leapt back, flapping his wings to put some distance between him and his brother. Rin didn’t miss a beat, and bounded after him again. This time, Spots dove down, ducking under Rin and slashing his side as he passed by. Rin snarled, snapping at Spots. Spots moved just out of reach, slicing his talons across his brother’s snout before skirting away again. The cut was shallow, and Rin hardly felt it through the adrenaline the fight brought. Rin charged at Spots again, trying to tackle him to the ground in an attempt to make him stop moving around everywhere. Spots wasn’t as strong as Rin, but he sure was quick. Rin collided with Spots, who had tried to dodge again, but didn’t move quite fast enough. The two tumbled to the ground, the sand kicking up and getting into their eyes as both fought to be on top. Teeth flashed and claws slashed as the brothers tried to tear each other apart. Rin lunged his head forward, managing to clamp his powerful jaw onto Spots’ throat. [I]You’re done now, brother,[/i] Rin thought with triumph as he bit down. He coughed suddenly, letting go as Spots kicked him in the stomach, throwing him off. Rin hit the ground, gasping as the wind was momentarily knocked out of him. He staggered to his feet, panting. Spots took a step back as he stood up. Both Guardians were covered in gashes and blood. Both were breathing hard. And both had forgotten about their sister. Pebble crashed into Rin, taking him by surprise. Before he could react, she had plunged her teeth into his neck and ripped away his flesh. He pushed her off, snapping at her. Rin staggered, coughing up blood. Pebble had pierced his windpipe, and now Rin was beginning to drown in his own blood. For a moment, Pebble was frozen. Her legs had locked up as she stared in horror at what she had done to her brother. Rin shook slightly as he fell to the ground, sucking in gargled breaths in an attempt to get some oxygen. His movements became sluggish, until they stopped completely. Rin lay motionless in the sand, his eyes blank and lifeless. Pebble heard talons running on sand behind her, and spun around quickly to see Spots racing at her. It was just the two of them now, soon to be just one of them. Pebble’s heart raced in panic and she turned to run away. Pebble was quick as she rushed away. But Spots was quicker. Spots lunged forward, grabbing Pebble’s tail in his jaw then digging his talons into the sand to stop both of them. Pebble yelped in pain from the teeth digging into her tail before she was dragged back, causing her to fall to the ground. She shakily tried to get up, but the sudden weight of Spots leaping on top of her prevented her from doing so. Spots grabbed her horns in his talons. His face was grim as, in one swift motion, he snapped his sister’s neck. The crowd roared, and the gong rang out, but Spots didn’t hear any of it. He let go, letting Pebble’s head fall down into the sand. He got off of her, bowing his head for a moment as he looked at her. He turned his head around to look at his brother. That was it. He was alive. It didn’t feel as good as Spots had hoped. Turning away, Spots shook out his wings before leaping into the air, flying up to where his parents were waiting. His mother watched him approach with pride and love in her eyes. His father’s expression was distant. Spots landed in front of them on the balcony, ducking his head in a bow. He was still breathing hard from the fight, and his heart was still pounding in his chest. Akoris touched her head to her son’s, and Kyrin followed suit. “Congratulations,” Kyrin began, reciting the words Ace had told him to say. “You have passed this test of strength and survival, and from this day forward, you shall be known as Alpha, son of Kyrin and Akoris.” Alpha lifted his head to meet the eyes of his father, hoping to see an expression similar to his mother’s, or at least something somewhat reassuring. Instead, Kyrin looked just as torn as Alpha felt. -------------------- I am so glad Spots survived, as that’s one step closer to my goal! RIP, Pebble and Rin, you fought hard. Pebble and Rin are both being moved to the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2617821#post_37385059]Exalt List[/url], where they will stay for a little while. If anyone wants to adopt them, let me know and I’ll send them over for free! Otherwise, they will be exalted. [img]https://i.imgur.com/JjixKjK.png[/img] [size=1]@Dragonfruiteen @ShadowWolf17[/size] [/center]

WARNING: Mild gore ahead. But that’s to be expected, right?....

“It’s time.”

Those two words planted a seed of dread in Kyrin’s chest that grew quickly, spreading throughout him. Ace beckoned for Kyrin and Akoris to follow her, which they promptly did without a word.

Today was the day Kyrin would watch his children kill each other.

They emerged from the labyrinth of caves and tunnels out into the massive central chamber. Kyrin followed Ace closely as they made their way to the massive Arena. Akoris walked beside him, their wings brushing against each other occasionally as they walked.

Well, Kyrin’s mind began softly. At least one good thing came of this horrible place. He glanced at his partner. Akoris caught his glance, and gave him a soft smile. He returned the gesture, feeling a little better than before.

They had arrived at the Arena. Dragons were already flocking to the place, and it was just as chaotic as the first time he had been here. Ace turned her head to look at the pair behind her before leaping into the air, clearly expecting them to follow. Kyrin and Akoris launched themselves into the air after her, not too worried about losing her in the crowd, since they both knew where they were headed.

As they flew above the Arena, Kyrin glanced around. The same Bogsneak as before was sitting by the giant gong again, waiting for his cue. The rows of ledges were filling up quickly with dragons shuffling around trying to get good seats for the impending battle.

Akoris banked slightly, then flapped her wings as she landed surprisingly lightly for such a big dragon on the private balcony where Ace was waiting. Kyrin landed next to her, a lot less gracefully. Settling down a bit, they waited for the fight to start…

The sudden echo of the gongs sounded, signaling to everyone that things were about to start. The trio of Guardians flew down into the Arena, eyeing each other up. The three of them had trained together practically since hatching, and knew all of each other’s tricks and techniques by now.

Rin was confident that he was the strongest out of the three of them. He knew Spots would try skirting around to avoid fighting while Rin and Pebble fought, tiring them out. He’d plan on striking while they were distracted. Which is why Rin was going to target Spots first.

Spots stared at Rin from the other side of the Arena. Even from a distance, the spotted Guardian could recognize his brother’s expression and knew there would be no sneaking around in this fight. That left him with two options. Either collide head on with Rin, or rush at Pebble. He’d like to get his brother out of the way, since he was quite strong, but he wasn’t sure if he could win in a straight out one-on-one battle with Rin. He glanced at Pebble.

Pebble was focusing on taking deep breaths, forcing her wings not to shake. She didn’t want to do this. She wished she was anywhere but here. Fighting with her brothers when they were hatchlings had never been her favourite thing to do, but she constantly got dragged into it. Her heart pounded as she thought about how only one of the three would be alive after this. Doubt seeped through her scales; she felt certain there was no way she could win. Rin and Spots had trained rigorously after learning about what the future held. Pebble, on the other talon, had mostly just watched them from afar.

A small flicker of hope broke through Pebble’s doubt. That’s right, she thought. I’ve watched them train and spar with each other. I know exactly how they move, their strategies, everything… Maybe I do have a chance at surviving this! Pebble could already see the boys eyeing each other up. A plan formed in her mind. The two of them looked like they would probably target each other first, then the survivor would deal with her. Both of them knew she wasn’t much of a fighter, but she was going to try to use that against them.

The gong sounded again, and the dragons in the Arena leapt into action.

Rin ran straight for Spots, his teeth bared. Spots, instead of running, stood his ground, crouching and getting ready. Pebble raced along the outskirts of the Arena, staying low to the ground as she watched her brothers.

With a roar, Rin leapt at Spots, who leapt back, flapping his wings to put some distance between him and his brother. Rin didn’t miss a beat, and bounded after him again. This time, Spots dove down, ducking under Rin and slashing his side as he passed by. Rin snarled, snapping at Spots. Spots moved just out of reach, slicing his talons across his brother’s snout before skirting away again. The cut was shallow, and Rin hardly felt it through the adrenaline the fight brought.

Rin charged at Spots again, trying to tackle him to the ground in an attempt to make him stop moving around everywhere. Spots wasn’t as strong as Rin, but he sure was quick. Rin collided with Spots, who had tried to dodge again, but didn’t move quite fast enough.

The two tumbled to the ground, the sand kicking up and getting into their eyes as both fought to be on top. Teeth flashed and claws slashed as the brothers tried to tear each other apart. Rin lunged his head forward, managing to clamp his powerful jaw onto Spots’ throat.

You’re done now, brother, Rin thought with triumph as he bit down. He coughed suddenly, letting go as Spots kicked him in the stomach, throwing him off. Rin hit the ground, gasping as the wind was momentarily knocked out of him. He staggered to his feet, panting. Spots took a step back as he stood up. Both Guardians were covered in gashes and blood. Both were breathing hard. And both had forgotten about their sister.

Pebble crashed into Rin, taking him by surprise. Before he could react, she had plunged her teeth into his neck and ripped away his flesh. He pushed her off, snapping at her. Rin staggered, coughing up blood. Pebble had pierced his windpipe, and now Rin was beginning to drown in his own blood.

For a moment, Pebble was frozen. Her legs had locked up as she stared in horror at what she had done to her brother. Rin shook slightly as he fell to the ground, sucking in gargled breaths in an attempt to get some oxygen. His movements became sluggish, until they stopped completely. Rin lay motionless in the sand, his eyes blank and lifeless.

Pebble heard talons running on sand behind her, and spun around quickly to see Spots racing at her. It was just the two of them now, soon to be just one of them. Pebble’s heart raced in panic and she turned to run away.

Pebble was quick as she rushed away. But Spots was quicker.

Spots lunged forward, grabbing Pebble’s tail in his jaw then digging his talons into the sand to stop both of them. Pebble yelped in pain from the teeth digging into her tail before she was dragged back, causing her to fall to the ground. She shakily tried to get up, but the sudden weight of Spots leaping on top of her prevented her from doing so. Spots grabbed her horns in his talons. His face was grim as, in one swift motion, he snapped his sister’s neck.

The crowd roared, and the gong rang out, but Spots didn’t hear any of it. He let go, letting Pebble’s head fall down into the sand. He got off of her, bowing his head for a moment as he looked at her. He turned his head around to look at his brother. That was it. He was alive.

It didn’t feel as good as Spots had hoped.

Turning away, Spots shook out his wings before leaping into the air, flying up to where his parents were waiting. His mother watched him approach with pride and love in her eyes. His father’s expression was distant.

Spots landed in front of them on the balcony, ducking his head in a bow. He was still breathing hard from the fight, and his heart was still pounding in his chest.

Akoris touched her head to her son’s, and Kyrin followed suit.

“Congratulations,” Kyrin began, reciting the words Ace had told him to say. “You have passed this test of strength and survival, and from this day forward, you shall be known as Alpha, son of Kyrin and Akoris.”

Alpha lifted his head to meet the eyes of his father, hoping to see an expression similar to his mother’s, or at least something somewhat reassuring. Instead, Kyrin looked just as torn as Alpha felt.

I am so glad Spots survived, as that’s one step closer to my goal! RIP, Pebble and Rin, you fought hard. Pebble and Rin are both being moved to the Exalt List, where they will stay for a little while. If anyone wants to adopt them, let me know and I’ll send them over for free! Otherwise, they will be exalted.

JjixKjK.png

oAK3y8z.png AfamSig.gif
Heyo, could I get Pebble? I feel really bad for her, she doesn't deserve death. :(
Heyo, could I get Pebble? I feel really bad for her, she doesn't deserve death. :(
@ShadowWolf17

Of course! Sending her now
@ShadowWolf17

Of course! Sending her now
oAK3y8z.png AfamSig.gif
[center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2255172/1][img]https://orig01.deviantart.net/7a3f/f/2017/225/a/0/frwind_sword_banner_by_littlefiredragon-dbjxzn6.png[/img][/url][/center] [center] Alpha groaned internally as Ace locked eyes with him. He mentally prepared himself for another lecture as she approached him. “I know,” Alpha told the Wildclaw as she opened her maw to speak. He knew it was rude of him, but she had already told him the same thing countless times in the past weeks. Ace bared her teeth slightly, and Alpha ducked his head in apology, braced for punishment. Instead of snapping at him, she only shook her head. “The days continue to pass by, and you still haven’t found yourself a mate. I know you said you wanted to find one yourself, but if you don’t find someone soon, I’ll be forced to hold a competition to find one for you. I’ve been patient with you, Alpha, but we’re wasting precious time. You have until tomorrow,” Ace decided, giving him a stern look. Alpha’s head shot up in alarm. “Tomorrow? You’re only giving me until the end of today?” Alpha pressed. His tail flicked back and forth anxiously. It’s not like there wasn’t tons of eligible females trying to get on his good side. If he wanted to, he could probably just pick anyone. But the problem was he didn’t just want someone who was doing this for fame. More often than not, Alpha felt frustrated by the prophecy he was a part of. Everyone looked at him differently, treated him differently, whispered behind his back… “I’ve waited long enough. Find someone today, or I’ll find someone for you tomorrow. End of discussion.” With that, Ace turned around and left, leaving Alpha standing there. The Guardian sighed loudly, then continued walking. He [i]had[/i] been going to his chamber to rest and think a bit after training, but now he altered his course and headed for the central area of the Shattered Labyrinth. Alpha didn’t pay much attention to where he was going; he knew this place like the back of his talon at this point. His father, Kyrin, was a completely different story. Alpha froze as he heard a small yelp. He looked around for the source and found a deep blue Spiral had barely dodged his talons as he was walking. “Oh, sorry!” Alpha apologized quickly, stepping back. The Spiral let out a small sigh. “No, that was probably my fault. I wasn’t paying attention,” she mumbled, coiling herself into nervous knots. “Sorry for getting in your way,” she added, looking up at him with dark purple eyes. Alpha lowered his head to be more on her level. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49545139] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=96&bodygene=21&breed=7&element=7&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=99&tertgene=16&winggene=11&wings=27&auth=9c3bf323dc14c3fda7165b477d92759941450ada&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [/url] “Are you new here?” Alpha asked, knowing all native dragons had pale green eyes, no matter the heritage. She tilted her head. “Am I that obvious?” The Spiral asked nervously. “It’s your eyes,” Alpha explained sheepishly. “You’re a Shadow dragon, right? Everyone from here is Wind,” he explained. “I’m Alpha, by the way.” “Oh! I’m Skia! It’s a pleasure to meet you,” she exclaimed happily. “And… if it wouldn’t be too much trouble… I’m a tad lost. I must have taken a wrong turn somewhere,” Skia explained hesitantly. “Could you show me how to get back to the main area with all the buildings?” Skia asked, looking up at Alpha hopefully. He gave her a smile. “Of course, I’m headed there right now anyway,” he said with a smile. Skia smiled back, then flew up and landed on Alpha’s head, curling up like a living crown. Alpha chuckled and lifted his head back up as he began walking through the winding tunnels. The two of them talked the entire time. Or more accurately, Skia talked most of the time, excitedly talking about herself and what she knew about the Shattered Labyrinth, as well as asking tons of questions that Alpha was happy to answer for her. “Here we are,” Alpha announced as he walked out into the massive open chamber. “Was there something in particular you came here for?” He pressed as he looked around. “Oh um… Actually, I forgot,” Skia said with a laugh. “Do you mind if I just stay with you for now?” Her voice betrayed her nervousness. Alpha smiled softly. “I don’t mind at all. In fact, I rather like your company,” he admitted. Skia sighed happily. “Awesome. Thanks!” Skia exclaimed. “So, I know I’ve probably talked your ears off by this point. Why don’t you tell me about yourself?” She prompted. Alpha explained his predicament as he walked through the streets. Skia had heard a little bit about the prophecy, and was surprisingly eager to learn more about it. “That’s so cool!” The Spiral burst out excitedly. “You get to be a part of something so much bigger. This is probably one of the last real prophecies out there, you know, with the Tidelord’s disappearance and the end of prophecies and stuff. I guess that’s a lot of pressure though, right?” She paused suddenly, her ears twitching as she heard dragons talking in hushed voices. Skia frowned slightly, then patted Alpha’s head reassuringly, causing the Guardian to chuckle. “Well, the constant whispers and dragonesses trying to get my attention is a tad annoying, but other than that my life is just as normal as anyone else's here, I suppose,” Alpha mused humorously. “Fear not, for I, Skia, shall accompany you through these trying times and aid you when possible!” Skia declared happily, draping herself on Alpha’s horns. Alpha couldn’t help but smile. “I appreciate that,” he said softly. ---------------- Last call for Rin, if no one claims him before the next post, I'll be exalting him :) [size=1]Pinglist: @Dragonfruiteen @ShadowWolf17[/size] [/center]

Alpha groaned internally as Ace locked eyes with him. He mentally prepared himself for another lecture as she approached him.

“I know,” Alpha told the Wildclaw as she opened her maw to speak. He knew it was rude of him, but she had already told him the same thing countless times in the past weeks. Ace bared her teeth slightly, and Alpha ducked his head in apology, braced for punishment. Instead of snapping at him, she only shook her head.

“The days continue to pass by, and you still haven’t found yourself a mate. I know you said you wanted to find one yourself, but if you don’t find someone soon, I’ll be forced to hold a competition to find one for you. I’ve been patient with you, Alpha, but we’re wasting precious time. You have until tomorrow,” Ace decided, giving him a stern look. Alpha’s head shot up in alarm.

“Tomorrow? You’re only giving me until the end of today?” Alpha pressed. His tail flicked back and forth anxiously. It’s not like there wasn’t tons of eligible females trying to get on his good side. If he wanted to, he could probably just pick anyone. But the problem was he didn’t just want someone who was doing this for fame. More often than not, Alpha felt frustrated by the prophecy he was a part of. Everyone looked at him differently, treated him differently, whispered behind his back…

“I’ve waited long enough. Find someone today, or I’ll find someone for you tomorrow. End of discussion.” With that, Ace turned around and left, leaving Alpha standing there. The Guardian sighed loudly, then continued walking. He had been going to his chamber to rest and think a bit after training, but now he altered his course and headed for the central area of the Shattered Labyrinth. Alpha didn’t pay much attention to where he was going; he knew this place like the back of his talon at this point. His father, Kyrin, was a completely different story.

Alpha froze as he heard a small yelp. He looked around for the source and found a deep blue Spiral had barely dodged his talons as he was walking.

“Oh, sorry!” Alpha apologized quickly, stepping back. The Spiral let out a small sigh.

“No, that was probably my fault. I wasn’t paying attention,” she mumbled, coiling herself into nervous knots. “Sorry for getting in your way,” she added, looking up at him with dark purple eyes. Alpha lowered his head to be more on her level.

dragon?age=1&body=96&bodygene=21&breed=7&element=7&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=99&tertgene=16&winggene=11&wings=27&auth=9c3bf323dc14c3fda7165b477d92759941450ada&dummyext=prev.png

“Are you new here?” Alpha asked, knowing all native dragons had pale green eyes, no matter the heritage. She tilted her head.

“Am I that obvious?” The Spiral asked nervously.

“It’s your eyes,” Alpha explained sheepishly. “You’re a Shadow dragon, right? Everyone from here is Wind,” he explained. “I’m Alpha, by the way.”

“Oh! I’m Skia! It’s a pleasure to meet you,” she exclaimed happily. “And… if it wouldn’t be too much trouble… I’m a tad lost. I must have taken a wrong turn somewhere,” Skia explained hesitantly. “Could you show me how to get back to the main area with all the buildings?” Skia asked, looking up at Alpha hopefully. He gave her a smile.

“Of course, I’m headed there right now anyway,” he said with a smile. Skia smiled back, then flew up and landed on Alpha’s head, curling up like a living crown. Alpha chuckled and lifted his head back up as he began walking through the winding tunnels.

The two of them talked the entire time. Or more accurately, Skia talked most of the time, excitedly talking about herself and what she knew about the Shattered Labyrinth, as well as asking tons of questions that Alpha was happy to answer for her.

“Here we are,” Alpha announced as he walked out into the massive open chamber. “Was there something in particular you came here for?” He pressed as he looked around.

“Oh um… Actually, I forgot,” Skia said with a laugh. “Do you mind if I just stay with you for now?” Her voice betrayed her nervousness. Alpha smiled softly.

“I don’t mind at all. In fact, I rather like your company,” he admitted. Skia sighed happily.

“Awesome. Thanks!” Skia exclaimed. “So, I know I’ve probably talked your ears off by this point. Why don’t you tell me about yourself?” She prompted.

Alpha explained his predicament as he walked through the streets. Skia had heard a little bit about the prophecy, and was surprisingly eager to learn more about it.

“That’s so cool!” The Spiral burst out excitedly. “You get to be a part of something so much bigger. This is probably one of the last real prophecies out there, you know, with the Tidelord’s disappearance and the end of prophecies and stuff. I guess that’s a lot of pressure though, right?” She paused suddenly, her ears twitching as she heard dragons talking in hushed voices. Skia frowned slightly, then patted Alpha’s head reassuringly, causing the Guardian to chuckle.

“Well, the constant whispers and dragonesses trying to get my attention is a tad annoying, but other than that my life is just as normal as anyone else's here, I suppose,” Alpha mused humorously.

“Fear not, for I, Skia, shall accompany you through these trying times and aid you when possible!” Skia declared happily, draping herself on Alpha’s horns. Alpha couldn’t help but smile.

“I appreciate that,” he said softly.

Last call for Rin, if no one claims him before the next post, I'll be exalting him :)

Pinglist: @Dragonfruiteen @ShadowWolf17
oAK3y8z.png AfamSig.gif
Awww I like Skia.
Awww I like Skia.
sculkquest.pngIconx100t.png
[center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2255172/1][img]https://orig01.deviantart.net/7a3f/f/2017/225/a/0/frwind_sword_banner_by_littlefiredragon-dbjxzn6.png[/img][/url][/center] [center]Alpha glanced nervously at the clutch of two eggs. They were due to hatch at any moment. He felt Skia coil around his horns impatiently as she continued to glance at the eggs. Ace was watching as well, but made sure to give the parents some space, which Alpha appreciated. In his mind, Alpha mused over how things had played out. When Ace had confronted him that day, asking if he had found a mate yet, Alpha had solemnly shook his head. He had gotten carried away with Skia, and had forgotten to search for someone. That was when the dark blue Spiral had spoken up, declaring she would be his partner, if he wanted. Alpha had to admit, she was the cutest dragoness he’d ever seen, and he was certain she would be way better than some random dragoness who won a competition. Alpha was shaken out of his thoughts by a loud crack that echoed through the bamboo around them. The Guardian turned his attention to the eggs, where one of them now had a large crack, nearly split in half. The hatchling forced its way out, revealing the small Guardian. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50346221] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=13&bodygene=3&breed=2&element=3&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=90&tertgene=16&winggene=0&wings=102&auth=b3a86d1f73df630a0deba14aa9ff0e72c1376e1b&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [/url] Alpha picked up his child gently, and she stared up at him with wide eyes. “This one’s female,” he declared, looking at his daughter with a smile. Alpha placed the hatchling back down, and Skia flew down to inspect her first child. The second egg was suddenly patterned with a starburst of smaller cracks, and a moment later it shattered to reveal the second hatchling. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50346222] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=136&bodygene=14&breed=2&element=3&eyetype=2&gender=0&tert=176&tertgene=16&winggene=0&wings=32&auth=16a70908d8698df0bac0280da4239d9586a066a3&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [/url] The blue hatchling tumbled sideways, and with a happy giggle, Skia helped the hatchling up. “Isn’t he gorgeous?” Skia purred. She gathered both of her children and hugged them, much to their confusion. Alpha hummed in agreement. He smiled down at his children, but felt a small seed of sadness. Just like him, they would have to kill their sibling to survive. He wouldn’t allow them to get attached to each other like he had gotten attached to his brother and sister. Even if that meant making them hate each other, he would do it. It would be easier for them that way. Alpha nuzzled his children fondly. “The world has big plans for you, little ones,” he whispered. ------------ Nest 2 has hatched! I love the boy so much :O I might have to keep him whether he lives or dies haha. I’m on the fence with Skia, since her colours are also lovely, but I really don’t need another gene project, so we’ll see :P [size=1]@Dragonfruiteen @ShadowWolf17[/size] [/center]

Alpha glanced nervously at the clutch of two eggs. They were due to hatch at any moment. He felt Skia coil around his horns impatiently as she continued to glance at the eggs. Ace was watching as well, but made sure to give the parents some space, which Alpha appreciated.

In his mind, Alpha mused over how things had played out. When Ace had confronted him that day, asking if he had found a mate yet, Alpha had solemnly shook his head. He had gotten carried away with Skia, and had forgotten to search for someone. That was when the dark blue Spiral had spoken up, declaring she would be his partner, if he wanted. Alpha had to admit, she was the cutest dragoness he’d ever seen, and he was certain she would be way better than some random dragoness who won a competition.

Alpha was shaken out of his thoughts by a loud crack that echoed through the bamboo around them. The Guardian turned his attention to the eggs, where one of them now had a large crack, nearly split in half. The hatchling forced its way out, revealing the small Guardian.

dragon?age=0&body=13&bodygene=3&breed=2&element=3&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=90&tertgene=16&winggene=0&wings=102&auth=b3a86d1f73df630a0deba14aa9ff0e72c1376e1b&dummyext=prev.png

Alpha picked up his child gently, and she stared up at him with wide eyes.

“This one’s female,” he declared, looking at his daughter with a smile. Alpha placed the hatchling back down, and Skia flew down to inspect her first child. The second egg was suddenly patterned with a starburst of smaller cracks, and a moment later it shattered to reveal the second hatchling.

dragon?age=0&body=136&bodygene=14&breed=2&element=3&eyetype=2&gender=0&tert=176&tertgene=16&winggene=0&wings=32&auth=16a70908d8698df0bac0280da4239d9586a066a3&dummyext=prev.png

The blue hatchling tumbled sideways, and with a happy giggle, Skia helped the hatchling up.

“Isn’t he gorgeous?” Skia purred. She gathered both of her children and hugged them, much to their confusion. Alpha hummed in agreement. He smiled down at his children, but felt a small seed of sadness. Just like him, they would have to kill their sibling to survive. He wouldn’t allow them to get attached to each other like he had gotten attached to his brother and sister. Even if that meant making them hate each other, he would do it. It would be easier for them that way.

Alpha nuzzled his children fondly.

“The world has big plans for you, little ones,” he whispered.

Nest 2 has hatched! I love the boy so much :O I might have to keep him whether he lives or dies haha. I’m on the fence with Skia, since her colours are also lovely, but I really don’t need another gene project, so we’ll see :P

oAK3y8z.png AfamSig.gif
[center][center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2255172/1][img]https://orig01.deviantart.net/7a3f/f/2017/225/a/0/frwind_sword_banner_by_littlefiredragon-dbjxzn6.png[/img][/url][/center] Kyrin watched his grandchildren bicker at each other angrily from his position at the entrance of the cavern. His son, Alpha, made no move to stop them as the fighting turned physical. If anything, Alpha seemed happy that they were fighting. Skia, Alpha’s partner, seemed less happy about it, but let it happen nonetheless. Kyrin finally gathered his courage and stepped over to his son. Alpha noticed his father approaching, and let out a sigh. “What is it this time?” Alpha asked, giving Kyrin an exasperated look. Kyrin tilted his head slightly. “What, I’m not allowed to visit?” Kyrin joked, sitting down beside Alpha. Skia gave a cheerful wave from her perch on Alpha’s head. Kyrin flashed her a smile in response. “I know you don’t like looking at me, so you must have a reason for seeking me out,” Alpha stated, his eyes watching the two younger Guardians brawl, snapping at each other and growling. Kyrin frowned. “You’re my son, why wouldn’t I-” Kyrin began, but stopped as Alpha gave him a sharp glare. Kyrin sighed. “I just wanted to check up on you and the kids,” Kyrin said quietly, turning his attention to the siblings apparently trying to kill each other, despite their fight scheduled for over a week from now. He watched as the purple Guardian overpowered her brother, flapping her wings as she pinned him to the ground with a snarl, despite him being bigger than she was. Kyrin stood up worriedly as her open maw shot towards her brother’s throat like a snake striking at its prey. But the male batted her head away with a powerful blow from one of his front talons. She stumbled a bit, enough for him to get the upper talon and forcefully slam her to the ground with a snarl. Kyrin glanced at Alpha. “Shouldn’t you stop them?” He asked worriedly. Alpha sighed. “Alright, that’s enough. Don’t waste your time giving away your fighting style to your sibling, it’ll put you at a disadvantage,” Alpha declared, his voice booming through the cave. The two Guardians hissed, but broke away from each other, glaring daggers at their sibling. “You are so dead,” the female growled. “Not if I kill you first,” answered the male. Kyrin felt sick. At least his children had grown up somewhat happily together. These two were constantly at each other’s throats, and seemed to hate each other’s guts. They clearly weren’t afraid to hurt each other, judging by the cuts and gashes covering both of them. Alpha cleared his throat, getting Kyrin’s attention. “They aren’t your responsibility, so there’s no need for you to constantly come checking up on them. You aren’t helping anyone; you just stand around and worry about things pointlessly. Go hang out with mom or something, I find your presence annoying,” Alpha spat. Kyrin stared at his son for a few moments, shocked. He opened his mouth to say something, but no words came out. Finally, he turned around and left, his heart heavy. “...I have to get out of this place,” he murmured to himself as he walked down the empty tunnels. ---------------------- Alpha sat on the private perch; along with his partner, Skia, perched on her usual spot on his head; the leader, Ace, standing beside him and overlooking the rapidly filling arena; his father, Kyrin, who was avoiding looking at Alpha; and his mother, Akoris, who was sitting beside him. “Aah, I’m so nervous! Who do you think is going to survive?” Skia questioned, looping around Alpha’s horns excitedly. “Whichever one is Beta,” Alpha answered with a shrug. He hadn’t let himself grow attached to his children, and he hadn’t allowed them to grow attached to each other, either. Being a caring father could wait until he knew which one was the survivor. “I think Purple has the advantage, because she’s faster than Blue, but at the same time, Blue has more raw strength than she does,” Skia began rambling. Ace glanced up at the talkative Spiral. “You didn’t actually name them, did you?” Ace asked sharply. Skia giggled in response, curling up on Alpha’s head like a living crown. “Of course not. But how else should I distinguish them other than their colour?” Skia replied, cheerful as always. Ace shook her head lightly, turning her attention back to the arena as a loud gong sounded, echoing ominously through the chaos of beating wings and talking. Alpha watched as his two children walked into the arena, watching each other carefully. The gong sounded again, and “Purple” immediately raced towards her brother. Alpha was paying close attention, wondering how long the fight would drag out. He had watched both of his children train, and taught them both many things. Alpha was expecting this fight to last quite a while, since they were both so strong- Alpha’s eyes widened as “Blue” acted as though he was bracing for impact, but launched himself at his sister at the last second as she had leapt at him, knocking her off balance and taking her by surprise. Blue was on top of her, and with one swift motion, he had plunged his maw into her throat. She struggled, but he bit down harder. Soon, her movements became more sluggish, until she stopped moving completely. Blue got off of her, raising his head triumphantly as the crowd roared. Alpha was shocked at how quickly the fight had ended. Clearly, so was everyone else sharing the private perch with him. Even Skia was speechless. “I think that was one of the quickest matches between siblings I’ve ever seen,” Ace mused after a few moments. Blue leapt into the air and landed in front of Alpha, his expression triumphant and determined. Alpha mentally shook himself out of his daze. “Congratulations,” Alpha began, lowering his head to meet his son’s gaze, and allow Skia to do the same. “You have passed this test of strength and survival, and from this day forward, you shall be known as Beta, son of Alpha and Skia,” he declared, touching his head against his son’s gently. Beta raised his head proudly as Alpha pulled away. Alpha forced himself to smile. He should be proud. But he felt empty. -------------- Haha, this was much later than it was supposed to be. I… kinda forgot I had a LoW project for a little bit XD But I’m back! And since Beta is RTB right now, I’m also off to go find him a mate and throw them on a nest, then go write more updates for how they met and all that jazz. I might even post it all later today. Also, it was only like, 4 battles in before the winner was found, and it was a pretty close one: [img]https://i.imgur.com/Rq7D3ku.png[/img] I was surprised at how fast it all happened, since the last one I did took forever, as they kept leveling up and getting back to full health XD Anyway, yay for Beta! And Purple is being placed on the Exalt List, if anyone wants her. And Dragonfruiteen has already claimed Skia, so that’s where she’s headed haha [size=1]Pinglist: @Dragonfruiteen @ShadowWolf17[/size] [/center]

Kyrin watched his grandchildren bicker at each other angrily from his position at the entrance of the cavern. His son, Alpha, made no move to stop them as the fighting turned physical. If anything, Alpha seemed happy that they were fighting. Skia, Alpha’s partner, seemed less happy about it, but let it happen nonetheless. Kyrin finally gathered his courage and stepped over to his son. Alpha noticed his father approaching, and let out a sigh.

“What is it this time?” Alpha asked, giving Kyrin an exasperated look. Kyrin tilted his head slightly.

“What, I’m not allowed to visit?” Kyrin joked, sitting down beside Alpha. Skia gave a cheerful wave from her perch on Alpha’s head. Kyrin flashed her a smile in response.

“I know you don’t like looking at me, so you must have a reason for seeking me out,” Alpha stated, his eyes watching the two younger Guardians brawl, snapping at each other and growling. Kyrin frowned.

“You’re my son, why wouldn’t I-” Kyrin began, but stopped as Alpha gave him a sharp glare. Kyrin sighed. “I just wanted to check up on you and the kids,” Kyrin said quietly, turning his attention to the siblings apparently trying to kill each other, despite their fight scheduled for over a week from now. He watched as the purple Guardian overpowered her brother, flapping her wings as she pinned him to the ground with a snarl, despite him being bigger than she was. Kyrin stood up worriedly as her open maw shot towards her brother’s throat like a snake striking at its prey. But the male batted her head away with a powerful blow from one of his front talons. She stumbled a bit, enough for him to get the upper talon and forcefully slam her to the ground with a snarl. Kyrin glanced at Alpha.

“Shouldn’t you stop them?” He asked worriedly. Alpha sighed.

“Alright, that’s enough. Don’t waste your time giving away your fighting style to your sibling, it’ll put you at a disadvantage,” Alpha declared, his voice booming through the cave. The two Guardians hissed, but broke away from each other, glaring daggers at their sibling.

“You are so dead,” the female growled.

“Not if I kill you first,” answered the male.

Kyrin felt sick. At least his children had grown up somewhat happily together. These two were constantly at each other’s throats, and seemed to hate each other’s guts. They clearly weren’t afraid to hurt each other, judging by the cuts and gashes covering both of them. Alpha cleared his throat, getting Kyrin’s attention.

“They aren’t your responsibility, so there’s no need for you to constantly come checking up on them. You aren’t helping anyone; you just stand around and worry about things pointlessly. Go hang out with mom or something, I find your presence annoying,” Alpha spat. Kyrin stared at his son for a few moments, shocked. He opened his mouth to say something, but no words came out. Finally, he turned around and left, his heart heavy.

“...I have to get out of this place,” he murmured to himself as he walked down the empty tunnels.

Alpha sat on the private perch; along with his partner, Skia, perched on her usual spot on his head; the leader, Ace, standing beside him and overlooking the rapidly filling arena; his father, Kyrin, who was avoiding looking at Alpha; and his mother, Akoris, who was sitting beside him.

“Aah, I’m so nervous! Who do you think is going to survive?” Skia questioned, looping around Alpha’s horns excitedly.

“Whichever one is Beta,” Alpha answered with a shrug. He hadn’t let himself grow attached to his children, and he hadn’t allowed them to grow attached to each other, either. Being a caring father could wait until he knew which one was the survivor.

“I think Purple has the advantage, because she’s faster than Blue, but at the same time, Blue has more raw strength than she does,” Skia began rambling. Ace glanced up at the talkative Spiral.

“You didn’t actually name them, did you?” Ace asked sharply. Skia giggled in response, curling up on Alpha’s head like a living crown.

“Of course not. But how else should I distinguish them other than their colour?” Skia replied, cheerful as always. Ace shook her head lightly, turning her attention back to the arena as a loud gong sounded, echoing ominously through the chaos of beating wings and talking.

Alpha watched as his two children walked into the arena, watching each other carefully. The gong sounded again, and “Purple” immediately raced towards her brother. Alpha was paying close attention, wondering how long the fight would drag out. He had watched both of his children train, and taught them both many things. Alpha was expecting this fight to last quite a while, since they were both so strong-

Alpha’s eyes widened as “Blue” acted as though he was bracing for impact, but launched himself at his sister at the last second as she had leapt at him, knocking her off balance and taking her by surprise. Blue was on top of her, and with one swift motion, he had plunged his maw into her throat. She struggled, but he bit down harder. Soon, her movements became more sluggish, until she stopped moving completely.

Blue got off of her, raising his head triumphantly as the crowd roared. Alpha was shocked at how quickly the fight had ended. Clearly, so was everyone else sharing the private perch with him. Even Skia was speechless.

“I think that was one of the quickest matches between siblings I’ve ever seen,” Ace mused after a few moments. Blue leapt into the air and landed in front of Alpha, his expression triumphant and determined. Alpha mentally shook himself out of his daze.

“Congratulations,” Alpha began, lowering his head to meet his son’s gaze, and allow Skia to do the same. “You have passed this test of strength and survival, and from this day forward, you shall be known as Beta, son of Alpha and Skia,” he declared, touching his head against his son’s gently.

Beta raised his head proudly as Alpha pulled away. Alpha forced himself to smile. He should be proud. But he felt empty.

Haha, this was much later than it was supposed to be. I… kinda forgot I had a LoW project for a little bit XD But I’m back! And since Beta is RTB right now, I’m also off to go find him a mate and throw them on a nest, then go write more updates for how they met and all that jazz. I might even post it all later today.

Also, it was only like, 4 battles in before the winner was found, and it was a pretty close one:

Rq7D3ku.png

I was surprised at how fast it all happened, since the last one I did took forever, as they kept leveling up and getting back to full health XD

Anyway, yay for Beta!

And Purple is being placed on the Exalt List, if anyone wants her. And Dragonfruiteen has already claimed Skia, so that’s where she’s headed haha

oAK3y8z.png AfamSig.gif
[center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2255172/1][img]https://orig01.deviantart.net/7a3f/f/2017/225/a/0/frwind_sword_banner_by_littlefiredragon-dbjxzn6.png[/img][/url][/center] [center]She was beautiful. Beta stared at the Pearlcatcher who walked with elegance and purpose, her head held high and pearl held in her coiled tail. He knew her name was Mali. Many dragons did. She was quite well known within the Shattered Labyrinth as one of the more powerful dragons, and many avoided her gaze as she swept through the area. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50659741] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=154&bodygene=22&breed=4&element=10&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=32&tertgene=18&winggene=23&wings=153&auth=c345d2208d1457183b5c3765ad65cefc6b29233f&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [/url] Mali disappeared into one of the many buildings that crowded the streets. Beta followed. He found himself in a library, and after a few moments spotted Mali talking to the librarian. Beta waited patiently, not wanting to interrupt them, but wanting to talk to Mali. Today was the day he would introduce himself to her. The beautiful Pearlcatcher turned around and nearly walked right into Beta. She stopped and looked up at him, her brow raised. “Pardon me, I didn’t see you there,” Mali began. She moved to walk around Beta, but he blocked her path. “My name is Beta,” he introduced himself. Mali was quiet for a moment, a dangerous look passing across her face before she smiled sweetly. “And I’m Mali. Pleasure to meet you. Can I help you with something?” Mali questioned. Her voice was friendly, but had a threatening undertone to it. She seemed to be daring him to try something. “I just wanted to get to know you a bit,” Beta started, and was about to continue when Mali spoke up. “So does everyone else. What makes you worth my time?” Mali asked, her cheerful front still holding up wonderfully. “I’m a part of the prophecy,” Beta answered smoothly. “I have connections with Ace, the leader. My heir will bring us one step closer to completing the prophecy. I’m powerful,” he listed in a suave voice. Beta knew the first step to getting Mali interested in him was offering her something she didn’t already have, which, for most dragons was impossible. But he had something special. Mali seemed intrigued at the mention of the prophecy. She looked him up and down in a criticizing manner. She hummed thoughtfully. “Meet me at the Southern entrance, midnight tonight,” Mali stated, slipping past Beta. “We’ll talk a bit, and see how it goes from there.” Beta turned around to watch her leave, a smirk forming on his face. So far so good… ---------------- Beta stepped out into the light of the moons, his eyes scanning the cliffside for Mali. He frowned as he didn’t immediately see her, and began looking around more carefully, pacing by the entrance. He knew he wasn’t late; he made sure he was perfectly punctual to this meeting. “Looking for me?” Came a sweet voice. Beta looked up to see Mali, her fur and scales silver in the moonlight as she sat perched on one of the rocky outcroppings above. “I’m pleasantly surprised that you arrived on time,” she mused, standing up and gliding down to stand in front of him with silent grace. “I’m not one to disappoint,” Beta said smoothly. “Clearly.” The two dragons eyed each other up for a few moments, daring the other to break the silence. “I’ve thought about what you said,” Mali said finally. “And I’m willing to be your partner. You’ve got some nice colours; I’m sure our child will look gorgeous,” Mali mused dreamily, her tail flicking. “Not to mention that prophecy is a pretty big deal around here,” she continued, her voice more serious now. “Yes, I think this will work out well for both of us.” “As do I,” Beta agreed, a grin working its way onto his face. This had been much easier than he had been anticipating, though of course, he never doubted his chances with her. ------------- “They’re hatching,” Beta announced, his tone almost bored as he watched the starburst of cracks appear across the pale green eggs, four in total. “Don’t get too excited now,” Mali mused sarcastically, flicking Beta with her tail playfully. As it turned out, the two of them actually got along quite well, and constantly bickered playfully with each other. “This is only one of the most important days of our lives. The day we officially become parents.” Beta hummed in agreement, a small smile appearing on his face as the first egg shattered, revealing the first hatchling. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51472951] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=154&bodygene=22&breed=2&element=3&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=28&tertgene=16&winggene=0&wings=153&auth=edfb99937ead8190a44989d25b8906b808a2d34a&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [/url] “Male,” Beta declared after scooping up the hatchling and inspecting it. “He matches you, darling,” Beta mused. “So he does,” Mali mumbled, her attention more focused on the second shattered egg. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51472952] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=96&bodygene=14&breed=2&element=3&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=92&tertgene=16&winggene=0&wings=78&auth=65ad1ee76d69c485f53644b4f45c3b2475bad9de&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [/url] Mali picked up the hatchling with a smile. “Another male,” she said as she patted the hatchling’s head affectionately. Both hatchlings were put down, and immediately began inspecting each other curiously. “Here comes the third one,” Beta said as he watched the eggs carefully. A crack had split down the center of one of the two remaining eggs, and after a few more moments, the hatchling trapped inside had pushed its way out. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51472953] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=125&bodygene=14&breed=2&element=3&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=30&tertgene=16&winggene=0&wings=33&auth=8b34c98dfc297cfed2f5babcf3b5ecbd92c6f411&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [/url] Mali scooped up the child with a happy hum. “Oh, she’s absolutely gorgeous,” Mali declared as she smiled at the hatchling before putting it down to meet her brothers. “Only one more, now.” As if on cue, the final egg shattered, scattering shards of eggshell everywhere. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51472954] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=154&bodygene=14&breed=2&element=3&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=126&tertgene=16&winggene=0&wings=154&auth=b3a52d31fac55205cd8fa42394558e3549a22973&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [/url] Beta moved to pick up the hatchling, but it rolled out of the way with a surprised chirp. Beta chuckled as he plucked the hatchling off the ground. “Female,” he announced. “She has good instincts,” he added with a grin, placing the hatchling back down. “Oh, it’s too bad only one of them will survive. They’re all magnificent,” Mali said with a small sigh, but didn’t seem too distraught over it. She knew how things worked around here. In fact, she agreed with the customs of the Shattered Labyrinth and its inhabitants. Only the strong could survive, after all. If the weak were aided in survival, the world would be filled with weaklings. No, it was better this way. ---------------------- So, I accidentally hatched these guys last night haha, so here's another update :) Honestly, I really like this batch :D Also, one of them was an XXY, so that's pretty neat. @Dragonfruiteen @ShadowWolf17[/center]

She was beautiful.

Beta stared at the Pearlcatcher who walked with elegance and purpose, her head held high and pearl held in her coiled tail. He knew her name was Mali. Many dragons did. She was quite well known within the Shattered Labyrinth as one of the more powerful dragons, and many avoided her gaze as she swept through the area.

dragon?age=1&body=154&bodygene=22&breed=4&element=10&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=32&tertgene=18&winggene=23&wings=153&auth=c345d2208d1457183b5c3765ad65cefc6b29233f&dummyext=prev.png

Mali disappeared into one of the many buildings that crowded the streets. Beta followed. He found himself in a library, and after a few moments spotted Mali talking to the librarian. Beta waited patiently, not wanting to interrupt them, but wanting to talk to Mali. Today was the day he would introduce himself to her.

The beautiful Pearlcatcher turned around and nearly walked right into Beta. She stopped and looked up at him, her brow raised.

“Pardon me, I didn’t see you there,” Mali began. She moved to walk around Beta, but he blocked her path.

“My name is Beta,” he introduced himself. Mali was quiet for a moment, a dangerous look passing across her face before she smiled sweetly.

“And I’m Mali. Pleasure to meet you. Can I help you with something?” Mali questioned. Her voice was friendly, but had a threatening undertone to it. She seemed to be daring him to try something.

“I just wanted to get to know you a bit,” Beta started, and was about to continue when Mali spoke up.

“So does everyone else. What makes you worth my time?” Mali asked, her cheerful front still holding up wonderfully.

“I’m a part of the prophecy,” Beta answered smoothly. “I have connections with Ace, the leader. My heir will bring us one step closer to completing the prophecy. I’m powerful,” he listed in a suave voice. Beta knew the first step to getting Mali interested in him was offering her something she didn’t already have, which, for most dragons was impossible. But he had something special.

Mali seemed intrigued at the mention of the prophecy. She looked him up and down in a criticizing manner. She hummed thoughtfully.

“Meet me at the Southern entrance, midnight tonight,” Mali stated, slipping past Beta. “We’ll talk a bit, and see how it goes from there.”

Beta turned around to watch her leave, a smirk forming on his face. So far so good…

Beta stepped out into the light of the moons, his eyes scanning the cliffside for Mali. He frowned as he didn’t immediately see her, and began looking around more carefully, pacing by the entrance. He knew he wasn’t late; he made sure he was perfectly punctual to this meeting.

“Looking for me?” Came a sweet voice. Beta looked up to see Mali, her fur and scales silver in the moonlight as she sat perched on one of the rocky outcroppings above. “I’m pleasantly surprised that you arrived on time,” she mused, standing up and gliding down to stand in front of him with silent grace.

“I’m not one to disappoint,” Beta said smoothly.

“Clearly.”

The two dragons eyed each other up for a few moments, daring the other to break the silence.

“I’ve thought about what you said,” Mali said finally. “And I’m willing to be your partner. You’ve got some nice colours; I’m sure our child will look gorgeous,” Mali mused dreamily, her tail flicking. “Not to mention that prophecy is a pretty big deal around here,” she continued, her voice more serious now. “Yes, I think this will work out well for both of us.”

“As do I,” Beta agreed, a grin working its way onto his face. This had been much easier than he had been anticipating, though of course, he never doubted his chances with her.

“They’re hatching,” Beta announced, his tone almost bored as he watched the starburst of cracks appear across the pale green eggs, four in total.

“Don’t get too excited now,” Mali mused sarcastically, flicking Beta with her tail playfully. As it turned out, the two of them actually got along quite well, and constantly bickered playfully with each other. “This is only one of the most important days of our lives. The day we officially become parents.”

Beta hummed in agreement, a small smile appearing on his face as the first egg shattered, revealing the first hatchling.

dragon?age=0&body=154&bodygene=22&breed=2&element=3&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=28&tertgene=16&winggene=0&wings=153&auth=edfb99937ead8190a44989d25b8906b808a2d34a&dummyext=prev.png

“Male,” Beta declared after scooping up the hatchling and inspecting it. “He matches you, darling,” Beta mused.

“So he does,” Mali mumbled, her attention more focused on the second shattered egg.

dragon?age=0&body=96&bodygene=14&breed=2&element=3&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=92&tertgene=16&winggene=0&wings=78&auth=65ad1ee76d69c485f53644b4f45c3b2475bad9de&dummyext=prev.png

Mali picked up the hatchling with a smile.

“Another male,” she said as she patted the hatchling’s head affectionately. Both hatchlings were put down, and immediately began inspecting each other curiously.

“Here comes the third one,” Beta said as he watched the eggs carefully. A crack had split down the center of one of the two remaining eggs, and after a few more moments, the hatchling trapped inside had pushed its way out.

dragon?age=0&body=125&bodygene=14&breed=2&element=3&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=30&tertgene=16&winggene=0&wings=33&auth=8b34c98dfc297cfed2f5babcf3b5ecbd92c6f411&dummyext=prev.png

Mali scooped up the child with a happy hum.

“Oh, she’s absolutely gorgeous,” Mali declared as she smiled at the hatchling before putting it down to meet her brothers. “Only one more, now.”

As if on cue, the final egg shattered, scattering shards of eggshell everywhere.

dragon?age=0&body=154&bodygene=14&breed=2&element=3&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=126&tertgene=16&winggene=0&wings=154&auth=b3a52d31fac55205cd8fa42394558e3549a22973&dummyext=prev.png

Beta moved to pick up the hatchling, but it rolled out of the way with a surprised chirp. Beta chuckled as he plucked the hatchling off the ground.

“Female,” he announced. “She has good instincts,” he added with a grin, placing the hatchling back down.

“Oh, it’s too bad only one of them will survive. They’re all magnificent,” Mali said with a small sigh, but didn’t seem too distraught over it. She knew how things worked around here. In fact, she agreed with the customs of the Shattered Labyrinth and its inhabitants. Only the strong could survive, after all. If the weak were aided in survival, the world would be filled with weaklings. No, it was better this way.

So, I accidentally hatched these guys last night haha, so here's another update :) Honestly, I really like this batch :D

Also, one of them was an XXY, so that's pretty neat.

oAK3y8z.png AfamSig.gif
[center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2255172/1][img]https://orig01.deviantart.net/7a3f/f/2017/225/a/0/frwind_sword_banner_by_littlefiredragon-dbjxzn6.png[/img][/url][/center] [center]“Where have they gone this time?” Mali wondered out loud as she inspected the empty chambers that temporarily belonged to her children. She glanced over at her partner, who only shrugged in response. “Training room, maybe?” Beta guessed as the two parents exited the chamber and began making their way through the winding tunnels. “I checked there first,” Mali said with a sigh. “Why do they insist on disappearing all the time?” She questioned. “They never show up for training, they rarely join us for dinner, they’re never in their rooms, and they’re constantly nowhere to be found!” “It does seem to be getting worse as they get older,” Beta said thoughtfully. “When we do find them, we’ll put a stop to all this nonsense, alright darling?” Mali hummed in agreement as she adjusted the jewelry around her neck. “Perhaps we should split up again to cover more ground,” Mali suggested as they came to a fork in the path. “Good idea, as always,” Beta agreed, and the two touched snouts gently before going their separate ways, searching for their “missing” brood. -------------- “As the oldest, I should be the leader,” the pinstriped Guardian declared. His siblings all burst out laughing, to which he huffed in response. “How about we decide our names first. We can’t be nameless in our little clan, now can we?” The smallest Guardian spoke up, her pale pistachio hide reflecting the evening sunlight in a way that made her appear to be glowing. “Right as always, little sis,” the abyss coloured male Guardian said cheerfully as he patted his sister happily with one of his wings. She ducked her head away from him with a roll of her eyes, but she was smiling softly. “Well,” began their final and youngest sister, who had been quiet for most of their meeting. “I’ve already decided a name for myself,” she said proudly, puffing out her camo coloured chest. “Oh yeah? What’s your name, then?” Her pinstriped brother questioned. “Marsh,” she answered with a smirk. “I think it fits well, don’t you?” She prompted. “No arguments here,” her brother replied with a shrug. “It does suit you.” The other two nodded in agreement. “I think I like the name Chasm, for myself,” the abyss coloured Guardian spoke up. His pinstriped brother chuckled. “Chasm? Sounds a little too dark for you, you cheery sap,” he accused. “Maybe something like Hugs or Cuddles,” he joked, earning a playful smack from “Chasm”. “I like Chasm,” their pale sister said with a shrug. “Yeah, yeah, I was only joking,” the pinstriped Guardian mused. “And I’ll go next then,” he began. “How about… King?” He offered with a wink, earning another playful smack from Chasm, the two of them breaking off into a fit of laughter. “Be serious!” Chasm cried out through his laughter. “Okay, Serious it is,” his brother declared, ducking away as Chasm tried to tackle him. “Hey! Serious is a great name, thank you very much!” He shouted as he ran away from Chasm. “I will push you off a cliff if you don’t stop running around like idiots,” Marsh threatened, her expression bored. “Just pick a name already.” “Alright, fine. You’re such a drag sometimes. How about Cliff, then? I think it’s a cool name, in honour of you, my dear sister,” the pinstriped Guardian mused, earning an eye roll from Marsh. “Whatever,” she muttered, turning to her smaller sister. “And what about you? Have you thought of a name for yourself?” “I’m debating between Spectre and Peppermint,” she admitted, looking thoughtful. “I feel like Spectre fits me nicely, but Peppermint fits my colours nicely, plus Pep is a cute nickname,” she explained. “But Spec could be cute too, I think,” she mused, tilting her head in thought. “I mean, you are as tiny as a speck,” Chasm joked, rubbing against his smaller sister playfully. She nudged him back with an exasperated laugh. “Do I [i]look[/i] like a Fae to you?” She asked, mock offended. There was more laughter as the siblings began fooling around together, with Marsh shaking her head at the immaturity of her older siblings. “I think Spectre fits, if my opinion is worth anything,” Cliff said as they all calmed down again. Chasm nodded in agreement. “You’re pale and sneaky,” Chasm said cheerfully. “Alright, Spectre it is,” the smallest Guardian decided with a nod. “And now, we’ve all decided that I’m going to be the leader, right?” Cliff prompted with a grin. “I’d make a [i]way[/i] better leader than you,” Marsh declared. “The three of you are so immature,” she said with a flick of her tail. “Yeah, but you just like doing your own thing. You need to be [i]involved[/i] if you want to be the leader,” Cliff said matter-of-factly. “I think Spec should be the leader,” Chasm offered, wrapping his wing around his little sister. Cliff looked like he was going to object, but paused, thinking it over. “Yeah, actually, I think that would work well too,” he agreed after a few moments of careful thought. Marsh sighed. “I suppose she would,” Marsh conceded with a shrug. “Are we all in agreement then?” Spectre looked around at her siblings in surprise. “I suppose we are!” She said happily. “And I nominate Cliff as my second in command,” Spectre decided. “I suppose we should go over the plan?” “I don’t think that’s very necessary, we all know the plan,” Marsh began. “But good leadership skills there, Spec, so go on.” Spectre shot her sister a playful smile, then nodded. “Alright, the day before the big fight, we’ll decide which one of us will be Gamma,” Spectre started, her tone serious now. “Gamma will return to mother and father with the terrible news of their siblings’ deaths after an unfortunate encounter with an umbral wolf pack. There are plenty around here, and they’re very dangerous, so it should be very believable. We’ll probably have to rough up Gamma a bit in order to make it look convincing though. Gamma will then be the survivor, from pure natural selection, and go on to continue the lineage quest for Omega. “When it comes time for Gamma’s children to fight to the death, we will be here as an option for escape. All of our descendants may join our clan, and our fight for the right to live even if we aren’t necessarily the strongest. Because even if we’re weak, together we’re strong,” Spectre declared, raising her head proudly. “That’s a great motto for us,” Chasm mused. “Together we’re strong.” Spectre nodded in agreement, determination sparking in her eyes. “We have a motto, but our clan needs a name still,” Marsh pointed out. “Actually, I had an idea for that,” Cliff interjected suddenly. “Oh boy, here we go,” Marsh mumbled, but was shushed by Chasm. “Kin Clan!” Cliff exclaimed excitedly. “You know, since we’re all kin. Anyone who joins our clan is family,” he explained proudly, though he had a goofy grin plastered across his face. Marsh gave him an unimpressed look, but Spectre was already nodding in agreement. “I like it,” Spectre said with a smile. “Kin Clan… That’s the future we’ve chosen for ourselves.” --------------- “Where have you four been?” Beta demanded angrily. His children looked away guiltily, none of them answering. Spectre stepped forward and looked up at her father, ready to talk their way out of trouble, yet again. “We were training,” she said simply. “Your mother and I checked the training room multiple times, so obviously you weren’t,” Beta growled. “I never said we were training in the training room,” Spectre countered. “We prefer training outside, which is way more practical for us in the long run anyway,” she explained matter-of-factly, continuing quickly before her father could point out that they weren’t supposed to go outside. “Whichever one of us turns out to be Gamma will already be ahead of other dragons their age, because they will have had practice in real situations that the wild presents. We know you expect a lot from us, Gamma specifically, whoever that might be, and we are doing our best to ensure that whoever survives will be more than just a survivor, they will be a champion,” Spectre concluded, holding her head high and staring her father down. Beta seemed surprised, and at a loss for how to respond. Finally, he sighed. “I suppose that’s quite smart of you,” Beta said slowly. “Though, you’re not supposed to leave the Shattered Labyrinth until after the survivor is decided. Ace would be displeased.” Spectre began to say something, but Beta continued. “However, I’m willing to keep this a little secret between us,” he said. Spectre bowed her head in respect and thanks, her siblings followed suit. “Thank you. We won’t disappoint,” Spectre promised. “It’s getting late, you four should go get some sleep,” Beta said as he walked past his dragonets. The siblings watched their father leave, then let out a collective sigh of relief once he was gone. Chasm wrapped a wing around Spectre and nuzzled her playfully. “Good job, fearless leader,” he teased in a cheerful whisper. Marsh shook her head at her brother’s behavior and waved goodnight as she disappeared into her chamber. “Yeah,” Cliff agreed. “You’re really good at talking us out of trouble,” he said. “Gotta keep my clan safe, hm?” Spectre mused, slipping out of Chasm’s grip. “But father was right, we should all get some sleep. We have less than a week before we put our plan into action. Sleep tight, kin,” she said gently, bumping snouts with her two brothers before retreating to her chamber, Cliff and Chasm doing the same. The siblings had bonded together quickly, and collectively found the Shattered Labyrinth’s rules and customs terrible as they grew up and learned the ropes. Instead of working against each other like their parents wanted, they learned to work [i]with[/i] each other, and now, they [i]depended[/i] on each other. There was no way any of them would ever kill one of their siblings, much less [i]all[/i] of them. Even Marsh, who acted distant, cared deeply about her siblings. She just had a hard time showing it. They had decided they couldn’t just run away; the prophecy was too important to their parents, and the entire Shattered Labyrinth, for that matter. But, they had devised a plan that involved all of them eventually living together in peace, away from the harsh rules of the Labyrinth. It was only a matter of time before they were free. ------------- “How should we decide?” Chasm asked, looking to Spectre for the answer. The four siblings were outside again, surrounded by dense bamboo forest and tall grass. It was the day before their fight was scheduled to take place, which meant it was the day the Kin Clan would decide who Gamma was, and the remaining three dragonets would be claimed dead. “We fight,” Spectre answered simply. “That’s how it’s supposed to be done,” she continued, “so that’s how we should do it, to follow the prophecy. But we just won’t fight to the death.” “A good plan,” Cliff agreed, nodding. “Should we do these one on one, tournament style? A free for all fight might not work so well in this place,” he explained. “A good addition to the plan,” Spectre said with a smile. “How about the two oldest first, then the two youngest, then the winners from both previous matches?” Spectre offered. Everyone nodded in agreement, with Cliff and Chasm moving to the center of the semi-clearing, being the two eldest dragonets. Spectre and Marsh moved to the outskirts and sat down to watch their brothers brawl. “Ready?” Spectre began. “Three… Two… One… Fight!” Chasm and Cliff leapt into action, colliding into each other with an impressive amount of force. The two brothers wrestled with each other, trying to get the upper talon. Chasm managed to knock Cliff over, but before he could pin his brother down, Cliff rolled out of the way and leapt back to his talons, tackling Chasm from the side. The two Guardians tumbled to the ground, locked in combat once again. The fight dragged on for several minutes, before it ended with Cliff pinning Chasm to the ground, his jaw locked on his brother’s throat. He carefully let go, once Spectre gave the signal that he had won, and the two brothers began making sure the other was alright, with Chasm fussing over a particularly nasty scratch he had left on Cliff’s shoulder. “It’s fine, I’m alright,” Cliff assured his brother, and they bumped snouts as they moved off the temporary battlefield. “You’re up, ladies,” he said to his sisters. “Really? I never would have guessed,” Marsh muttered sarcastically as she walked into the middle of the small clearing. Spectre followed, chuckling at her sister’s behavior. “Okay!” Cliff began. “Ready? Three… Two… Two and a half… Two and three quarters-” Chasm smacked Cliff with a wing, who yelped, then broke off laughing. “Sorry, sorry. Three! Two! One! Fight!” Cliff shouted. Spectre and Marsh circled each other for a few moments, eyeing each other up. Marsh darted forward suddenly, rushing at her sister. Spectre used her smaller size to her advantage, and ducked out of reach before doubling back to tackle Marsh. “Marsh tried to land a hit, but Spectre skillfully dodges and retaliates with a tackle!” Cliff began cheerfully. “Is this the end for Marsh? Of course not! Would you look at that skillful toss! It seems the tables have turned-” “Shut your maw, or I’ll come over there and shut it myself,” Marsh threatened. Cliff laughed in response, but obediently stopped talking. With the distraction gone, Marsh turned back to face Spectre. The sisters clashed, neither seeming to be able to keep the upper talon for long, until finally, one of them reigned victorious. Marsh stood over her pinned sister, her head held high. After Cliff confirmed the win, Marsh let Spectre up, then smirked at Cliff. “Looks like it’s down to you and me,” Marsh said to her brother. He grinned at her in response, shaking out his wings in anticipation. Spectre moved to sit with Chasm, who promptly began checking his sister over for any serious wounds. “I’m fine, Chasm,” she insisted, pushing his talons away from her with a smile. “Alright, you two ready? Three… Two… One… Fight!” Cliff leapt at Marsh, who had been expecting that and dodged out of the way with a roll. She got to her talons quickly, but she wasn't quick enough. Cliff tackled her before she could get away again, and the two rolled across the ground as they both struggled to pin the other down. Cliff yelped as Marsh bit the tip of his tail, then whipped around and smacked her repeatedly with his wings. Marsh fell back as the wings buffeted her, and Cliff used the opportunity to leap at his sister, slamming her against the ground. His maw quickly shot to her throat, and he let out a playful growl. “Looks like Cliff wins!” Spectre declared, rushing over with Chasm as Cliff let go of Marsh and helped her up. The cheerful mood faded away as everyone looked at Cliff. “Gamma,” Spectre said slowly, dipping her head in respect. She was pulled into a tight hug by Cliff- er, Gamma. “It’ll probably be awhile before I can see you all again, so stay safe while I’m gone, alright?” He said as he shifted his position and pulled Chasm into the hug with one wing, and a reluctant Marsh with the other. Gamma took a deep breath, then let go of his siblings. “You stay safe, too,” Spectre replied. “Leader’s orders,” she added jokingly. “Yes ma’am,” Gamma said with a goofy grin adorning his face. The goodbyes seemed to last forever, with no one really wanting Gamma to leave. But eventually, it was time to go. Gamma made his way back to the Shattered Labyrinth, mentally preparing himself for the lie he was about to tell everyone. Once he was close enough, Gamma broke out into a run, crashing through the bamboo forest until he skidded to a stop as he almost missed the entrance to the Shattered Labyrinth, then raced in. He didn’t stop until he found who he was looking for: Beta and Mali; his parents. “F-father!” Gamma cried out as he collapsed to the ground. Beta rushed over, but Mali was faster and got to her son’s side first. “What happened to you?” Mali asked quickly, looking over the scratches and blood that covered the pinstriped Guardian. “Wolves,” he panted. “We were attacked… My siblings, they-” Gamma interrupted himself by coughing, then forced himself to continue. “They didn’t make it. I managed to kill some of the wolves, but there were too many of them.” Mali and Beta exchanged glances, and for a moment, Gamma felt true panic as he wondered if they had seen through his lie. “Bring him to the medical bay,” Mali told Beta. “I’ll go inform Ace of the situation,” she said. Beta nodded, helping his son back to his feet. Mali turned and rushed away, disappearing around one of the many bends in the tunnels. “Can you walk?” Beta asked, and Gamma nodded quickly in response. “I wasn’t hurt too bad,” he admitted shakily. “I managed to fight off most of the ones that came after me. My siblings weren’t so lucky…” “That wasn’t just luck, that was skill,” Beta said firmly. “This may not have been the traditional method of deciding the surviving heir, but it has been decided regardless.” Beta paused to dip his head and touch Gamma’s snout with his own. “From this day forward, you shall be known as Gamma, son of Beta,” he said to his son, pride showing in his eyes. ----------------------- So, it looks like we’ve got a band of rebels that have decided to take matters into their own talons! I love these kids so much, and I had a lot of fun writing this multi-parted update. I should probably write updates more often and space them out, but I just seem to like writing them all down at the last second. Thanks, procrastination. Anyway, “Cliff” was the “survivor”! [img]https://i.imgur.com/YpWYYZp.png[/img] But I couldn’t bring myself to actually get rid of any of these kids, I love them too much. So, the Kin Clan is a thing now, and it will probably slowly grow with descendants over in my Hibernal Den :) [size=1]Pinglist: @Dragonfruiteen @ShadowWolf17[/size] [/center]

“Where have they gone this time?” Mali wondered out loud as she inspected the empty chambers that temporarily belonged to her children. She glanced over at her partner, who only shrugged in response.

“Training room, maybe?” Beta guessed as the two parents exited the chamber and began making their way through the winding tunnels.

“I checked there first,” Mali said with a sigh. “Why do they insist on disappearing all the time?” She questioned. “They never show up for training, they rarely join us for dinner, they’re never in their rooms, and they’re constantly nowhere to be found!”

“It does seem to be getting worse as they get older,” Beta said thoughtfully. “When we do find them, we’ll put a stop to all this nonsense, alright darling?” Mali hummed in agreement as she adjusted the jewelry around her neck.

“Perhaps we should split up again to cover more ground,” Mali suggested as they came to a fork in the path.

“Good idea, as always,” Beta agreed, and the two touched snouts gently before going their separate ways, searching for their “missing” brood.

“As the oldest, I should be the leader,” the pinstriped Guardian declared. His siblings all burst out laughing, to which he huffed in response.

“How about we decide our names first. We can’t be nameless in our little clan, now can we?” The smallest Guardian spoke up, her pale pistachio hide reflecting the evening sunlight in a way that made her appear to be glowing.

“Right as always, little sis,” the abyss coloured male Guardian said cheerfully as he patted his sister happily with one of his wings. She ducked her head away from him with a roll of her eyes, but she was smiling softly.

“Well,” began their final and youngest sister, who had been quiet for most of their meeting. “I’ve already decided a name for myself,” she said proudly, puffing out her camo coloured chest.

“Oh yeah? What’s your name, then?” Her pinstriped brother questioned.

“Marsh,” she answered with a smirk. “I think it fits well, don’t you?” She prompted.

“No arguments here,” her brother replied with a shrug. “It does suit you.” The other two nodded in agreement.

“I think I like the name Chasm, for myself,” the abyss coloured Guardian spoke up. His pinstriped brother chuckled.

“Chasm? Sounds a little too dark for you, you cheery sap,” he accused. “Maybe something like Hugs or Cuddles,” he joked, earning a playful smack from “Chasm”.

“I like Chasm,” their pale sister said with a shrug.

“Yeah, yeah, I was only joking,” the pinstriped Guardian mused. “And I’ll go next then,” he began. “How about… King?” He offered with a wink, earning another playful smack from Chasm, the two of them breaking off into a fit of laughter.

“Be serious!” Chasm cried out through his laughter.

“Okay, Serious it is,” his brother declared, ducking away as Chasm tried to tackle him. “Hey! Serious is a great name, thank you very much!” He shouted as he ran away from Chasm.

“I will push you off a cliff if you don’t stop running around like idiots,” Marsh threatened, her expression bored. “Just pick a name already.”

“Alright, fine. You’re such a drag sometimes. How about Cliff, then? I think it’s a cool name, in honour of you, my dear sister,” the pinstriped Guardian mused, earning an eye roll from Marsh.

“Whatever,” she muttered, turning to her smaller sister. “And what about you? Have you thought of a name for yourself?”

“I’m debating between Spectre and Peppermint,” she admitted, looking thoughtful. “I feel like Spectre fits me nicely, but Peppermint fits my colours nicely, plus Pep is a cute nickname,” she explained. “But Spec could be cute too, I think,” she mused, tilting her head in thought.

“I mean, you are as tiny as a speck,” Chasm joked, rubbing against his smaller sister playfully. She nudged him back with an exasperated laugh.

“Do I look like a Fae to you?” She asked, mock offended. There was more laughter as the siblings began fooling around together, with Marsh shaking her head at the immaturity of her older siblings.

“I think Spectre fits, if my opinion is worth anything,” Cliff said as they all calmed down again. Chasm nodded in agreement.

“You’re pale and sneaky,” Chasm said cheerfully.

“Alright, Spectre it is,” the smallest Guardian decided with a nod.

“And now, we’ve all decided that I’m going to be the leader, right?” Cliff prompted with a grin.

“I’d make a way better leader than you,” Marsh declared. “The three of you are so immature,” she said with a flick of her tail.

“Yeah, but you just like doing your own thing. You need to be involved if you want to be the leader,” Cliff said matter-of-factly.

“I think Spec should be the leader,” Chasm offered, wrapping his wing around his little sister. Cliff looked like he was going to object, but paused, thinking it over.

“Yeah, actually, I think that would work well too,” he agreed after a few moments of careful thought. Marsh sighed.

“I suppose she would,” Marsh conceded with a shrug. “Are we all in agreement then?”

Spectre looked around at her siblings in surprise.

“I suppose we are!” She said happily. “And I nominate Cliff as my second in command,” Spectre decided. “I suppose we should go over the plan?”

“I don’t think that’s very necessary, we all know the plan,” Marsh began. “But good leadership skills there, Spec, so go on.” Spectre shot her sister a playful smile, then nodded.

“Alright, the day before the big fight, we’ll decide which one of us will be Gamma,” Spectre started, her tone serious now. “Gamma will return to mother and father with the terrible news of their siblings’ deaths after an unfortunate encounter with an umbral wolf pack. There are plenty around here, and they’re very dangerous, so it should be very believable. We’ll probably have to rough up Gamma a bit in order to make it look convincing though. Gamma will then be the survivor, from pure natural selection, and go on to continue the lineage quest for Omega.

“When it comes time for Gamma’s children to fight to the death, we will be here as an option for escape. All of our descendants may join our clan, and our fight for the right to live even if we aren’t necessarily the strongest. Because even if we’re weak, together we’re strong,” Spectre declared, raising her head proudly.

“That’s a great motto for us,” Chasm mused. “Together we’re strong.” Spectre nodded in agreement, determination sparking in her eyes.

“We have a motto, but our clan needs a name still,” Marsh pointed out.

“Actually, I had an idea for that,” Cliff interjected suddenly.

“Oh boy, here we go,” Marsh mumbled, but was shushed by Chasm.

“Kin Clan!” Cliff exclaimed excitedly. “You know, since we’re all kin. Anyone who joins our clan is family,” he explained proudly, though he had a goofy grin plastered across his face. Marsh gave him an unimpressed look, but Spectre was already nodding in agreement.

“I like it,” Spectre said with a smile. “Kin Clan… That’s the future we’ve chosen for ourselves.”

“Where have you four been?” Beta demanded angrily. His children looked away guiltily, none of them answering. Spectre stepped forward and looked up at her father, ready to talk their way out of trouble, yet again.

“We were training,” she said simply.

“Your mother and I checked the training room multiple times, so obviously you weren’t,” Beta growled.

“I never said we were training in the training room,” Spectre countered. “We prefer training outside, which is way more practical for us in the long run anyway,” she explained matter-of-factly, continuing quickly before her father could point out that they weren’t supposed to go outside. “Whichever one of us turns out to be Gamma will already be ahead of other dragons their age, because they will have had practice in real situations that the wild presents. We know you expect a lot from us, Gamma specifically, whoever that might be, and we are doing our best to ensure that whoever survives will be more than just a survivor, they will be a champion,” Spectre concluded, holding her head high and staring her father down.

Beta seemed surprised, and at a loss for how to respond. Finally, he sighed.

“I suppose that’s quite smart of you,” Beta said slowly. “Though, you’re not supposed to leave the Shattered Labyrinth until after the survivor is decided. Ace would be displeased.” Spectre began to say something, but Beta continued. “However, I’m willing to keep this a little secret between us,” he said. Spectre bowed her head in respect and thanks, her siblings followed suit.

“Thank you. We won’t disappoint,” Spectre promised.

“It’s getting late, you four should go get some sleep,” Beta said as he walked past his dragonets. The siblings watched their father leave, then let out a collective sigh of relief once he was gone. Chasm wrapped a wing around Spectre and nuzzled her playfully.

“Good job, fearless leader,” he teased in a cheerful whisper. Marsh shook her head at her brother’s behavior and waved goodnight as she disappeared into her chamber.

“Yeah,” Cliff agreed. “You’re really good at talking us out of trouble,” he said.

“Gotta keep my clan safe, hm?” Spectre mused, slipping out of Chasm’s grip. “But father was right, we should all get some sleep. We have less than a week before we put our plan into action. Sleep tight, kin,” she said gently, bumping snouts with her two brothers before retreating to her chamber, Cliff and Chasm doing the same.

The siblings had bonded together quickly, and collectively found the Shattered Labyrinth’s rules and customs terrible as they grew up and learned the ropes. Instead of working against each other like their parents wanted, they learned to work with each other, and now, they depended on each other. There was no way any of them would ever kill one of their siblings, much less all of them. Even Marsh, who acted distant, cared deeply about her siblings. She just had a hard time showing it.

They had decided they couldn’t just run away; the prophecy was too important to their parents, and the entire Shattered Labyrinth, for that matter. But, they had devised a plan that involved all of them eventually living together in peace, away from the harsh rules of the Labyrinth. It was only a matter of time before they were free.

“How should we decide?” Chasm asked, looking to Spectre for the answer.

The four siblings were outside again, surrounded by dense bamboo forest and tall grass. It was the day before their fight was scheduled to take place, which meant it was the day the Kin Clan would decide who Gamma was, and the remaining three dragonets would be claimed dead.

“We fight,” Spectre answered simply. “That’s how it’s supposed to be done,” she continued, “so that’s how we should do it, to follow the prophecy. But we just won’t fight to the death.”

“A good plan,” Cliff agreed, nodding. “Should we do these one on one, tournament style? A free for all fight might not work so well in this place,” he explained.

“A good addition to the plan,” Spectre said with a smile. “How about the two oldest first, then the two youngest, then the winners from both previous matches?” Spectre offered. Everyone nodded in agreement, with Cliff and Chasm moving to the center of the semi-clearing, being the two eldest dragonets. Spectre and Marsh moved to the outskirts and sat down to watch their brothers brawl.

“Ready?” Spectre began. “Three… Two… One… Fight!”

Chasm and Cliff leapt into action, colliding into each other with an impressive amount of force. The two brothers wrestled with each other, trying to get the upper talon. Chasm managed to knock Cliff over, but before he could pin his brother down, Cliff rolled out of the way and leapt back to his talons, tackling Chasm from the side. The two Guardians tumbled to the ground, locked in combat once again.

The fight dragged on for several minutes, before it ended with Cliff pinning Chasm to the ground, his jaw locked on his brother’s throat. He carefully let go, once Spectre gave the signal that he had won, and the two brothers began making sure the other was alright, with Chasm fussing over a particularly nasty scratch he had left on Cliff’s shoulder.

“It’s fine, I’m alright,” Cliff assured his brother, and they bumped snouts as they moved off the temporary battlefield. “You’re up, ladies,” he said to his sisters.

“Really? I never would have guessed,” Marsh muttered sarcastically as she walked into the middle of the small clearing. Spectre followed, chuckling at her sister’s behavior.

“Okay!” Cliff began. “Ready? Three… Two… Two and a half… Two and three quarters-” Chasm smacked Cliff with a wing, who yelped, then broke off laughing. “Sorry, sorry. Three! Two! One! Fight!” Cliff shouted.

Spectre and Marsh circled each other for a few moments, eyeing each other up. Marsh darted forward suddenly, rushing at her sister. Spectre used her smaller size to her advantage, and ducked out of reach before doubling back to tackle Marsh.

“Marsh tried to land a hit, but Spectre skillfully dodges and retaliates with a tackle!” Cliff began cheerfully. “Is this the end for Marsh? Of course not! Would you look at that skillful toss! It seems the tables have turned-”

“Shut your maw, or I’ll come over there and shut it myself,” Marsh threatened. Cliff laughed in response, but obediently stopped talking. With the distraction gone, Marsh turned back to face Spectre. The sisters clashed, neither seeming to be able to keep the upper talon for long, until finally, one of them reigned victorious.

Marsh stood over her pinned sister, her head held high. After Cliff confirmed the win, Marsh let Spectre up, then smirked at Cliff.

“Looks like it’s down to you and me,” Marsh said to her brother. He grinned at her in response, shaking out his wings in anticipation.

Spectre moved to sit with Chasm, who promptly began checking his sister over for any serious wounds.

“I’m fine, Chasm,” she insisted, pushing his talons away from her with a smile. “Alright, you two ready? Three… Two… One… Fight!”

Cliff leapt at Marsh, who had been expecting that and dodged out of the way with a roll. She got to her talons quickly, but she wasn't quick enough. Cliff tackled her before she could get away again, and the two rolled across the ground as they both struggled to pin the other down.

Cliff yelped as Marsh bit the tip of his tail, then whipped around and smacked her repeatedly with his wings. Marsh fell back as the wings buffeted her, and Cliff used the opportunity to leap at his sister, slamming her against the ground. His maw quickly shot to her throat, and he let out a playful growl.

“Looks like Cliff wins!” Spectre declared, rushing over with Chasm as Cliff let go of Marsh and helped her up. The cheerful mood faded away as everyone looked at Cliff.

“Gamma,” Spectre said slowly, dipping her head in respect. She was pulled into a tight hug by Cliff- er, Gamma.

“It’ll probably be awhile before I can see you all again, so stay safe while I’m gone, alright?” He said as he shifted his position and pulled Chasm into the hug with one wing, and a reluctant Marsh with the other. Gamma took a deep breath, then let go of his siblings.

“You stay safe, too,” Spectre replied. “Leader’s orders,” she added jokingly.

“Yes ma’am,” Gamma said with a goofy grin adorning his face.

The goodbyes seemed to last forever, with no one really wanting Gamma to leave. But eventually, it was time to go. Gamma made his way back to the Shattered Labyrinth, mentally preparing himself for the lie he was about to tell everyone.

Once he was close enough, Gamma broke out into a run, crashing through the bamboo forest until he skidded to a stop as he almost missed the entrance to the Shattered Labyrinth, then raced in. He didn’t stop until he found who he was looking for: Beta and Mali; his parents.

“F-father!” Gamma cried out as he collapsed to the ground. Beta rushed over, but Mali was faster and got to her son’s side first.

“What happened to you?” Mali asked quickly, looking over the scratches and blood that covered the pinstriped Guardian.

“Wolves,” he panted. “We were attacked… My siblings, they-” Gamma interrupted himself by coughing, then forced himself to continue. “They didn’t make it. I managed to kill some of the wolves, but there were too many of them.”

Mali and Beta exchanged glances, and for a moment, Gamma felt true panic as he wondered if they had seen through his lie.

“Bring him to the medical bay,” Mali told Beta. “I’ll go inform Ace of the situation,” she said. Beta nodded, helping his son back to his feet. Mali turned and rushed away, disappearing around one of the many bends in the tunnels.

“Can you walk?” Beta asked, and Gamma nodded quickly in response.

“I wasn’t hurt too bad,” he admitted shakily. “I managed to fight off most of the ones that came after me. My siblings weren’t so lucky…”

“That wasn’t just luck, that was skill,” Beta said firmly. “This may not have been the traditional method of deciding the surviving heir, but it has been decided regardless.” Beta paused to dip his head and touch Gamma’s snout with his own.

“From this day forward, you shall be known as Gamma, son of Beta,” he said to his son, pride showing in his eyes.

So, it looks like we’ve got a band of rebels that have decided to take matters into their own talons! I love these kids so much, and I had a lot of fun writing this multi-parted update. I should probably write updates more often and space them out, but I just seem to like writing them all down at the last second. Thanks, procrastination.

Anyway, “Cliff” was the “survivor”!

YpWYYZp.png

But I couldn’t bring myself to actually get rid of any of these kids, I love them too much. So, the Kin Clan is a thing now, and it will probably slowly grow with descendants over in my Hibernal Den :)

oAK3y8z.png AfamSig.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17