Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [WC] Deep Sea Discoveries
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
@Krycelli

Oh man, this sounds super cool! May I be added to the pinglist, please?
@Krycelli

Oh man, this sounds super cool! May I be added to the pinglist, please?
@Krycelli

I'd like to be added to the pinglist too! ^-^"
@Krycelli

I'd like to be added to the pinglist too! ^-^"
9653400.gif
@EverAthena

Yeah, about a paragraph. Again, it's not a hard rule, more of a guideline just as long as the prompts stay focused on the topic.

Also! To everyone else, I am back and working through pings answering questions first so expect the first prompt shortly!
@EverAthena

Yeah, about a paragraph. Again, it's not a hard rule, more of a guideline just as long as the prompts stay focused on the topic.

Also! To everyone else, I am back and working through pings answering questions first so expect the first prompt shortly!
zqpG63L.png image0.png
[columns][img]https://i.imgur.com/tvkp6E8.png[/img][nextcol] [nextcol][size=4][b]Prompt 1: [/b]Before we begin, we'll need to know what your creature looks like. Please, to the best of your ability, describe the physical attributes of the creature you've discovered! [/size] [/columns] [quote][size=1]@Keryth @Dragonartist24 @Raedeshe @browncoatparadox @Hisscale @Avene @LadySiren @RaikuKawisa @ArcticFire @excessnight @Syceris @Shadowdawn199 @Megeara [/size] [/quote]
tvkp6E8.png Prompt 1: Before we begin, we'll need to know what your creature looks like. Please, to the best of your ability, describe the physical attributes of the creature you've discovered!
zqpG63L.png image0.png
The creature changes. That's the best explanation any have been able to give for the wildly differing accounts. What was thought at first to be multiple different creatures scientists have confirmed is one sole creature. Descriptions span every color of the rainbow, every shape, every texture, but certain things always remain the same. the form it presents appeals to the individual looking at it, certain reports have even marked that it can take the shape of dragons long gone. The telling feature, however, are the eyes. It seems to know this and attempts to hide them, often to no avail. The eyes are shifting and writhing masses of color... don't stare into them for long, despite how mesmerizing a display they may be.

@Krycelli
Please add me to the pinglist :D
The creature changes. That's the best explanation any have been able to give for the wildly differing accounts. What was thought at first to be multiple different creatures scientists have confirmed is one sole creature. Descriptions span every color of the rainbow, every shape, every texture, but certain things always remain the same. the form it presents appeals to the individual looking at it, certain reports have even marked that it can take the shape of dragons long gone. The telling feature, however, are the eyes. It seems to know this and attempts to hide them, often to no avail. The eyes are shifting and writhing masses of color... don't stare into them for long, despite how mesmerizing a display they may be.

@Krycelli
Please add me to the pinglist :D
fguisa.png
................e0gVkz3.png ................. 5hF3FGk.png
................. xj6Mn2e.png
................. CISPrku.png
................. etYYz4O.png
There's not really a good way to describe something like this, but, Gods, I'm scared that if I don't tell someone else about it -it will never leave my head. We thought it was just a little pufferfish when we first saw it, swimming along slowly ahead of us. It's pinkish coloration and twinkling stripes drew us in, but it was all a lie. We soon saw that there were no tiny fins pushing it along - those were bones spinning it through the water - and there were no spines covering it's body - those were terrible, protruding eyes. The horror was immediately enough to freeze me in place, unable to move any closer to this monster, but my companion was in its thrall - his eyes locked on its hypnotic movements as he continued to swim after it. At first, the creature showed no sign that it cared about my companion, but I could see its scales beginning to flash brighter as my companion drew closer. Suddenly, horribly, its eyes began to grow and, as I screamed for my companion to get away, the eyes focused all at once on him. For a moment,silence, but then there was a pop and a flash of light and the creature (now flashing and spinning like a firecracker) turned on my companion. I don't know how I got away and back to land, but I haven’t been back in the water since. Still, everytime I close my eyes - I can see it, flashing and grinning at me...with a face that looked far too dragonlike.

Sorry, its a little over 250! I hope I did this right...Also could I please be added to the pinglist? Thanks :D
There's not really a good way to describe something like this, but, Gods, I'm scared that if I don't tell someone else about it -it will never leave my head. We thought it was just a little pufferfish when we first saw it, swimming along slowly ahead of us. It's pinkish coloration and twinkling stripes drew us in, but it was all a lie. We soon saw that there were no tiny fins pushing it along - those were bones spinning it through the water - and there were no spines covering it's body - those were terrible, protruding eyes. The horror was immediately enough to freeze me in place, unable to move any closer to this monster, but my companion was in its thrall - his eyes locked on its hypnotic movements as he continued to swim after it. At first, the creature showed no sign that it cared about my companion, but I could see its scales beginning to flash brighter as my companion drew closer. Suddenly, horribly, its eyes began to grow and, as I screamed for my companion to get away, the eyes focused all at once on him. For a moment,silence, but then there was a pop and a flash of light and the creature (now flashing and spinning like a firecracker) turned on my companion. I don't know how I got away and back to land, but I haven’t been back in the water since. Still, everytime I close my eyes - I can see it, flashing and grinning at me...with a face that looked far too dragonlike.

Sorry, its a little over 250! I hope I did this right...Also could I please be added to the pinglist? Thanks :D
She/Her ~ On fr time
@Krycelli This is such a nice idea! Please add me to the pinglist.

EDIT: Figured I'd write something for the first prompt here while I'm at it. :)

"From a distance, it sort of looks like a deer. That is, if deers had strangely elongated necks and could breathe underwater. It's not a deer, of course, because when are things ever that easy? As you get closer, you'll notice that the creature's neck sways back and forth in a way that definitely shouldn't be physically possible, almost like it's liquid. You'll see something that can only be described as black smoke dribbling out of its nostrils. You're pretty sure they're nostrils, at least, because frankly it's near impossible to make out the creature's head. Rows of teeth, yes, and a frankly alarming amount of sludge and seaweed, but an actual head?

I won't blame you if you look away then. I most certainly did. Maybe, like me, you'll scan the creature's body to try and find something more familiar, like the silhouette of a deer you saw in the distance just a few moments ago. Indeed, the creature has four legs with cloven hooves, and a small tuft of fur as a tail, just like a deer. It's a small comfort, I'm afraid, and this is where you're better off closing your eyes entirely. If you continue to look, which I urge to not to, you'll notice a stirring on the creature's skin; unnatural yet captivating. And then, in a flash, the stirring will cease, and you'll realize that you're staring into hundreds of tiny, yellow eyes."
@Krycelli This is such a nice idea! Please add me to the pinglist.

EDIT: Figured I'd write something for the first prompt here while I'm at it. :)

"From a distance, it sort of looks like a deer. That is, if deers had strangely elongated necks and could breathe underwater. It's not a deer, of course, because when are things ever that easy? As you get closer, you'll notice that the creature's neck sways back and forth in a way that definitely shouldn't be physically possible, almost like it's liquid. You'll see something that can only be described as black smoke dribbling out of its nostrils. You're pretty sure they're nostrils, at least, because frankly it's near impossible to make out the creature's head. Rows of teeth, yes, and a frankly alarming amount of sludge and seaweed, but an actual head?

I won't blame you if you look away then. I most certainly did. Maybe, like me, you'll scan the creature's body to try and find something more familiar, like the silhouette of a deer you saw in the distance just a few moments ago. Indeed, the creature has four legs with cloven hooves, and a small tuft of fur as a tail, just like a deer. It's a small comfort, I'm afraid, and this is where you're better off closing your eyes entirely. If you continue to look, which I urge to not to, you'll notice a stirring on the creature's skin; unnatural yet captivating. And then, in a flash, the stirring will cease, and you'll realize that you're staring into hundreds of tiny, yellow eyes."
DmlTJ6X.png
[quote][center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13788483] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/137885/13788483_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] A dark Ridgeback with blood red wings and gold tribal tattoos slams her mug back on the table. “So ya want to hear about me beastie, ay? Gave me crew a right fright, it did. Middle o’ the night, only the night watch alive to the world. The sea exploded in color. Water roiling like a kettle left on the stove fer too long. Shapes formed one moment, and vanished the next only to have a few form just as fast.” She took another swig of her ale. “Poor soul was in such a fright he fell from the crow’s nest and into the water with the beast. In a desperate struggle, he claw and bit in the water around him. His maw found purchase on something… but it was not as he expected. The colors around him were gone, only a pulsing light from his maw remained, flashing in a panic of different reds and oranges.” “When me waterlogged mate dragged himself back on ship, he dropped his quarry onto the deck. A sleek fish with scales as dark as mine and dull unseeing eyes flopped back and forth, its body still flashing danger to its fellows. Me mate looked back ov’r the railing, but the sea was calm once more, only the lone fish to prove what happened. We named the fish ‘Legion’, for it was only with its mighty school did it show its true splendour. We have seen Legion once more since then. A fierce and beautiful display to make even the most powerful predator think twice.”[/quote] A tale of my Pirate Captain Vanessa recalling her run-in with an interesting species of sealife.
Quote:
A dark Ridgeback with blood red wings and gold tribal tattoos slams her mug back on the table. “So ya want to hear about me beastie, ay? Gave me crew a right fright, it did. Middle o’ the night, only the night watch alive to the world. The sea exploded in color. Water roiling like a kettle left on the stove fer too long. Shapes formed one moment, and vanished the next only to have a few form just as fast.” She took another swig of her ale. “Poor soul was in such a fright he fell from the crow’s nest and into the water with the beast. In a desperate struggle, he claw and bit in the water around him. His maw found purchase on something… but it was not as he expected. The colors around him were gone, only a pulsing light from his maw remained, flashing in a panic of different reds and oranges.”

“When me waterlogged mate dragged himself back on ship, he dropped his quarry onto the deck. A sleek fish with scales as dark as mine and dull unseeing eyes flopped back and forth, its body still flashing danger to its fellows. Me mate looked back ov’r the railing, but the sea was calm once more, only the lone fish to prove what happened. We named the fish ‘Legion’, for it was only with its mighty school did it show its true splendour. We have seen Legion once more since then. A fierce and beautiful display to make even the most powerful predator think twice.”

A tale of my Pirate Captain Vanessa recalling her run-in with an interesting species of sealife.
forum_readjust_by_arykhdragon777-db9mzp6.pngforum_2_by_starrytak-db9ld8u.pngforum_3_by_starrytak-db9ld8t.pngforum_4_by_starrytak-db9ld8r.pngforum5readjust_by_arykhdragon777-db9mzpa.png
@Krycelli

I need to bow out please , I have joined the mafia mayhem and it is time intensive. Please remove me from the pinglist , thank you
@Krycelli

I need to bow out please , I have joined the mafia mayhem and it is time intensive. Please remove me from the pinglist , thank you
Fd5cQVO.jpeg
@Syceris

Will do!
@Syceris

Will do!
zqpG63L.png image0.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15