Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [SF]TotM||Discussion Thread
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 106 107
Hmmm I'm suspicious of someone who hasn't been acused yet, but since there's such a majority of lynch votes for Dawn it seems kind of dangerous to mention it for fear of them getting revenge on me in the night if they really are mafia.
Hmmm I'm suspicious of someone who hasn't been acused yet, but since there's such a majority of lynch votes for Dawn it seems kind of dangerous to mention it for fear of them getting revenge on me in the night if they really are mafia.
c9c23580419fec54be2b4979518c17d098f19439.png9e0957ca70ace63ed9a6bbea2659f58e1a66cdda.png0f4639ddb8ec8007aa64d9018bee7bc1d8d4f7cd.png397a8c3c0f2766016db71237c513d42e2fdcb87a.png
Just letting y'all know, I'm heading off to bed. I'll be back on probably around 9-ish FR time.

Goodnight y'all, and happy Starfall!
Just letting y'all know, I'm heading off to bed. I'll be back on probably around 9-ish FR time.

Goodnight y'all, and happy Starfall!

Clan_Emblem_Cheshly.png

FR +3
She/Her
Clan Lore
Challenge Log
Wishlist & Goals
@Dandelionfires

Share, it's always worth sharing a theory, especially if you think they're more likely to be mafia. ^^
@Dandelionfires

Share, it's always worth sharing a theory, especially if you think they're more likely to be mafia. ^^
alWiqh6.png
Heather|Any Pronoun|FRT+3 (EST)
Hi everyone :) sorry I am late I had community service volunteering for childcare while parents went to marriage therapy and then right after I was studying for a psychology test I have tomorrow. I'm new to this game but I have played town of Salem before and I love it. I am in EST not really sure what that is in relation to flightrising time.

As for lynching day one I don't think it's a good idea to ever lynch in the beginning without evidence. No evidence lynching should be a last resort due to the risks involved. As for lynching inactive or non responsive players I am against that too because a sub could step in or they could show back up later in the game to help. Plus if theyre inactive baddies then nobody will get attacked right? So itll give us more time to work and investigate!
Hi everyone :) sorry I am late I had community service volunteering for childcare while parents went to marriage therapy and then right after I was studying for a psychology test I have tomorrow. I'm new to this game but I have played town of Salem before and I love it. I am in EST not really sure what that is in relation to flightrising time.

As for lynching day one I don't think it's a good idea to ever lynch in the beginning without evidence. No evidence lynching should be a last resort due to the risks involved. As for lynching inactive or non responsive players I am against that too because a sub could step in or they could show back up later in the game to help. Plus if theyre inactive baddies then nobody will get attacked right? So itll give us more time to work and investigate!
Well I'm not an experienced player so this could be completely off the mark, but it struck me as really suspicious when tigressRising said she was basically completely sure that Cheshly was a townsperson. (I'm paraphrasing because I'm too lazy to go back and find the exact page.)
I could be wrong, but it seems really early in the game to be so sure of any player's innocence. I'm not sure what that says about Cheshly (I keep going back and forth on whether or not I suspect her).
Well I'm not an experienced player so this could be completely off the mark, but it struck me as really suspicious when tigressRising said she was basically completely sure that Cheshly was a townsperson. (I'm paraphrasing because I'm too lazy to go back and find the exact page.)
I could be wrong, but it seems really early in the game to be so sure of any player's innocence. I'm not sure what that says about Cheshly (I keep going back and forth on whether or not I suspect her).
c9c23580419fec54be2b4979518c17d098f19439.png9e0957ca70ace63ed9a6bbea2659f58e1a66cdda.png0f4639ddb8ec8007aa64d9018bee7bc1d8d4f7cd.png397a8c3c0f2766016db71237c513d42e2fdcb87a.png
[quote name="dandelionfires" date=2017-09-24 21:32:32] Well I'm not an experienced player so this could be completely off the mark, but it struck me as really suspicious when tigressRising said she was basically completely sure that Cheshly was a townsperson. (I'm paraphrasing because I'm too lazy to go back and find the exact page.) I could be wrong, but it seems really early in the game to be so sure of any player's innocence. I'm not sure what that says about Cheshly (I keep going back and forth on whether or not I suspect her). [/quote] Hmmm... Seems to be an interesting point here. Now you have mentioned that it seems like mafia helping each other since no actions could have been used now and the mods would only send the results of investigation at rollover so it seems suspicious how tigress is claiming.
dandelionfires wrote on 2017-09-24:

Hmmm... Seems to be an interesting point here. Now you have mentioned that it seems like mafia helping each other since no actions could have been used now and the mods would only send the results of investigation at rollover so it seems suspicious how tigress is claiming.
9wQxglT.png
[quote name="Shimmerwing" date=2017-09-24 21:48:09] [quote name="dandelionfires" date=2017-09-24 21:32:32] Well I'm not an experienced player so this could be completely off the mark, but it struck me as really suspicious when tigressRising said she was basically completely sure that Cheshly was a townsperson. (I'm paraphrasing because I'm too lazy to go back and find the exact page.) I could be wrong, but it seems really early in the game to be so sure of any player's innocence. I'm not sure what that says about Cheshly (I keep going back and forth on whether or not I suspect her). [/quote] Hmmm... Seems to be an interesting point here. Now you have mentioned that it seems like mafia helping each other since no actions could have been used now and the mods would only send the results of investigation at rollover so it seems suspicious how tigress is claiming. [/quote] Pretty sure tigressRising was basing her argument on the fact that Cheshly was putting together the data on who was supporting what, and that in her experience mafia doesn't put the effort in (my own opinion on that one differs, but that's the reason they gave me if I've got the right person.) I'm going to sleep, not voting because I don't have enough dog in any of these fights to pick one way or another, and it appears that we've got enough votes to avoid a mob lynch. Back on at 0430, hopefully still alive!
Shimmerwing wrote on 2017-09-24:
dandelionfires wrote on 2017-09-24:

Hmmm... Seems to be an interesting point here. Now you have mentioned that it seems like mafia helping each other since no actions could have been used now and the mods would only send the results of investigation at rollover so it seems suspicious how tigress is claiming.

Pretty sure tigressRising was basing her argument on the fact that Cheshly was putting together the data on who was supporting what, and that in her experience mafia doesn't put the effort in (my own opinion on that one differs, but that's the reason they gave me if I've got the right person.)

I'm going to sleep, not voting because I don't have enough dog in any of these fights to pick one way or another, and it appears that we've got enough votes to avoid a mob lynch. Back on at 0430, hopefully still alive!
An Ice emblem on a background made of ice and lava. It briefly shimmers.An Ice Flight banner. The Ice emblem briefly grows icicles, which fall to the ground.An Ice emblem on a background of ice shaped like a Christmas ornament. It briefly shimmers.An Ice Flight banner. The Ice emblem briefly grows icicles, which fall to the ground."An
[quote name="FliptheFrog" date=2017-09-24 22:11:57] I'm going to sleep, not voting because I don't have enough dog in any of these fights to pick one way or another, and it appears that we've got enough votes to avoid a [b]mod[/b] lynch. Back on at 0430, hopefully still alive! [/quote] And this is why I should have gone to sleep an hour ago!
FliptheFrog wrote on 2017-09-24:
I'm going to sleep, not voting because I don't have enough dog in any of these fights to pick one way or another, and it appears that we've got enough votes to avoid a mod lynch. Back on at 0430, hopefully still alive!

And this is why I should have gone to sleep an hour ago!
An Ice emblem on a background made of ice and lava. It briefly shimmers.An Ice Flight banner. The Ice emblem briefly grows icicles, which fall to the ground.An Ice emblem on a background of ice shaped like a Christmas ornament. It briefly shimmers.An Ice Flight banner. The Ice emblem briefly grows icicles, which fall to the ground."An
@dandelionfires @Shimmerwing Last post before I sign off for the night - I said I was very confident in @Cheshly being town because of all of the work she did in organizing that post with who's in favor of D1/inactive lynches or not and who she's suspicious of. I said that because from previous FR mafias I read, players who did that almost always ended up being town. Here's the full quote if you don't believe me: [quote name="tigressRising" date=2017-09-24 19:36:39] [quote name="FliptheFrog" date=2017-09-24 19:23:23] [quote name="tigressRising" date=2017-09-24 19:14:48] Tbh, I'm start to think that a D1 lynch could be a good idea. The issue is that I still don't know who to lynch. At the very least I'm 97% sure that @/Cheshly is town, mainly due to all the work she did organizing data on people's stances on D1/inactive lynches, and quoted people she thought was scummy. From what I've read of previous mafia games, mafia members typically don't go through that much work - only townies invested in the game do. Knowing who not to lynch is as important as knowing who to lynch, right? [/quote] Actually, any time I played IRL, it was the Mafia who were most likely to make accusations of people who were acting suspiciously, as it tended to throw suspicion off of [i]them[/i]. Going through and collating the data wouldn't take that long, and allows them to provide evidence for their opinions, and also provides a smokescreen where they can be publicly 'suspicious' of other Mafia members (and then drop it later on if the others aren't revealed, or use it as a shield if we lynch correctly). Not accusing Cheshly of anything, just pointing that out. [/quote] @/FliptheFrog Maybe so in IRL, but I used to read the threads of previous RP mafias. Everyone who made a spreadsheet for keeping track of scummy tells or recorded evidence was always town. Of course non-RP mafias tend to be different than RP mafias, but I just have this feeling that if a mafioso wanted to pass themselves off as town, there are easier ways to do it. [/quote] Of course, non-RP mafia games could work differently - that's why I said 97% sure and not 100% sure. But based on my interactions with Cheshly I lean more towards them being town. And your point about claiming on D1 is on shaky ground - after all, at least 4 people voted to lynch Dawnbreeze despite the fact that "it seems really early in the game to be so sure of any player's innocence" or guilt. Town/neutral outnumber mafia here: statistically, Cheshly has a higher role of having a town or spy role than mafia. You two also fail to address the converse of your statement - if I seem like mafia for claiming Cheshly is town early game, shouldn't Cheshly be considered mafia by association? And yet you pass no judgement on her. If I'm mafia, then I would not support Cheshly if she's town - so if Cheshly's town, I'm not mafia. It's either (me) town/(her) mafia, mafia/mafia, or town/town, but not (me) mafia/(her) town. Again, we're all making judgement calls based on how we see each other's interactions. Based on my interactions with Cheshly, I believe she's town. Because I believe she's town, you guys believe I'm mafia. Despite the fact that you two haven't interacted with me or mentioned my interactions with other players at all. I get that you think it's suspicious to be looking for clues of others' innocence when everyone else is looking for clues of others' guilt, but at least read my reasoning for Cheshly's case before you condemn me (and by extension, her).
@dandelionfires @Shimmerwing
Last post before I sign off for the night - I said I was very confident in @Cheshly being town because of all of the work she did in organizing that post with who's in favor of D1/inactive lynches or not and who she's suspicious of. I said that because from previous FR mafias I read, players who did that almost always ended up being town.

Here's the full quote if you don't believe me:
tigressRising wrote on 2017-09-24:
FliptheFrog wrote on 2017-09-24:
tigressRising wrote on 2017-09-24:
Tbh, I'm start to think that a D1 lynch could be a good idea. The issue is that I still don't know who to lynch. At the very least I'm 97% sure that @/Cheshly is town, mainly due to all the work she did organizing data on people's stances on D1/inactive lynches, and quoted people she thought was scummy. From what I've read of previous mafia games, mafia members typically don't go through that much work - only townies invested in the game do.

Knowing who not to lynch is as important as knowing who to lynch, right?

Actually, any time I played IRL, it was the Mafia who were most likely to make accusations of people who were acting suspiciously, as it tended to throw suspicion off of them. Going through and collating the data wouldn't take that long, and allows them to provide evidence for their opinions, and also provides a smokescreen where they can be publicly 'suspicious' of other Mafia members (and then drop it later on if the others aren't revealed, or use it as a shield if we lynch correctly). Not accusing Cheshly of anything, just pointing that out.

@/FliptheFrog Maybe so in IRL, but I used to read the threads of previous RP mafias. Everyone who made a spreadsheet for keeping track of scummy tells or recorded evidence was always town. Of course non-RP mafias tend to be different than RP mafias, but I just have this feeling that if a mafioso wanted to pass themselves off as town, there are easier ways to do it.

Of course, non-RP mafia games could work differently - that's why I said 97% sure and not 100% sure. But based on my interactions with Cheshly I lean more towards them being town.

And your point about claiming on D1 is on shaky ground - after all, at least 4 people voted to lynch Dawnbreeze despite the fact that "it seems really early in the game to be so sure of any player's innocence" or guilt. Town/neutral outnumber mafia here: statistically, Cheshly has a higher role of having a town or spy role than mafia. You two also fail to address the converse of your statement - if I seem like mafia for claiming Cheshly is town early game, shouldn't Cheshly be considered mafia by association? And yet you pass no judgement on her. If I'm mafia, then I would not support Cheshly if she's town - so if Cheshly's town, I'm not mafia. It's either (me) town/(her) mafia, mafia/mafia, or town/town, but not (me) mafia/(her) town.

Again, we're all making judgement calls based on how we see each other's interactions. Based on my interactions with Cheshly, I believe she's town. Because I believe she's town, you guys believe I'm mafia. Despite the fact that you two haven't interacted with me or mentioned my interactions with other players at all. I get that you think it's suspicious to be looking for clues of others' innocence when everyone else is looking for clues of others' guilt, but at least read my reasoning for Cheshly's case before you condemn me (and by extension, her).
oCF41Q1.png
I…miss converted the time…
LOCKDOWN
Please delete all posts after this
I…miss converted the time…
LOCKDOWN
Please delete all posts after this
inactive! thank you for a good time on this site :)
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 106 107