Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Boartusk's World Travel Quest: COMPLETE!
1 2
[center]Hello, folks! I'm Boartusk, and I'm a [img]https://i.imgur.com/Pnb8OQw.png[/img] Mine is a quest to travel and live in every flight. It was something I sort of stumbled in by accident, as my fickle nature and propensity for restlessness inevitably kept pushing me to explore new horizons! By the time I hit Nature flight, I figured I had already seen about half of what Sornieth had to offer so I may as well go see the rest of it. Let's see where this little piggy will scamper to next.... [img]http://imgur.com/ajKjbse.png[/img][/center] [b]UPDATE:[/b] As of 1/6/2021, I have accomplished my goal of being in every flight at least once!!! That's right, baby, we did it! We hit the goal, and for all I know I'm the only one on FR whose been crazy enough to complete the journey (thus far...). YEEHAW! So, future plans? After my cooldown expires, I'll be skedaddling back to Water Flight! The Tidelord's gone missing and somebody... (goggle snaps)... has to find 'im.
Hello, folks! I'm Boartusk, and I'm a

Pnb8OQw.png

Mine is a quest to travel and live in every flight. It was something I sort of stumbled in by accident, as my fickle nature and propensity for restlessness inevitably kept pushing me to explore new horizons! By the time I hit Nature flight, I figured I had already seen about half of what Sornieth had to offer so I may as well go see the rest of it.

Let's see where this little piggy will scamper to next....

ajKjbse.png

UPDATE: As of 1/6/2021, I have accomplished my goal of being in every flight at least once!!! That's right, baby, we did it! We hit the goal, and for all I know I'm the only one on FR whose been crazy enough to complete the journey (thus far...).

YEEHAW!

So, future plans? After my cooldown expires, I'll be skedaddling back to Water Flight! The Tidelord's gone missing and somebody... (goggle snaps)... has to find 'im.
Pnb8OQw.png
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/yzNVvi0.png[/img] [ [i]Note: This lore was written & includes dragons that are no longer in my possession- the story of my clan is only canon in regards to my personal world-building, & new owners can obviously do whatever they want lmao. I only link to my old dragons out of nostalgia, affection, and my desire to keep records. I love any new lore/backstory written for my old dragons, tho! I super approve![/i] ] _____ Clan Founded 10/23/13 (shortly before Riot of Rot). Established in the dominion of the Windsinger by [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=35659&tab=dragon&did=1045860]Cavandish[/url] and [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=35659&did=1045864]Pansies[/url] under Clan Clambo. _____ [i]From Wind to Earth[/i] In the early days there was no loremaster, so records of this period are almost nonexistant. Sometime between leaving Wind and entering Earth, Cavandish and Pansies are exalted and go to fight in the Windsinger's name. Leaderless but adventurous, the remaining members decide to migrate to Earthshaker's domain. This is where the Clan starts to take on a unique identity, and gains membership of a young Wildclaw named [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1229651]Callicore[/url]. Callicore is a shy and gentle Earth wildclaw, and true to his element he is an enthusiastic historian and scribe. Callicore remains a core member of the Clan and diligently keeps track of Clan lore. _____ [i]From Earth to Fire[/i] After building up a firm foundation, the Clan decides to travel again, this time heading far south to the Ashfall Wastes. This is an incredibly industrious period of time for the Clan- though many members came and went, Clan Clambo was able to secure vast holdings and was able to make a name of itself. Flamecaller assigned two dragons, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=dragon&id=88906&did=3218830]Vesuvius[/url] and [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=4420369]Pompeii[/url], as overseers to the Clan. The Clan continued to expand to the point they were relocated to settle a new lair in the Blacksand Annex, which proved to be a tragic mistake. Deep in the isolation of the mists, the Clan began excavating. Boring deep into the black craggy shoreline of the Flamecaller's Domain, Clan Clambo found itself isolated from any other clans. Gathering materials was no issue, as the surrounding land was rich with ore- and yet, despite the abundance of minerals there was no signs anyone had attempted to carve out a hold. Indeed, the perpetual dense fog caused by the perpetual flow of lava into the sea was ominously still... Eventually, the Clan found out why. One fateful day, the mining team broke through the rock to uncover an ancient chamber. The chamber was ancient, possibly even from the early second age- Callicore excitedly examined the walls and nearby shards of pottery, thrilled by the find. His mate Papillio was less excited, however... the strange room, carved out of the surrounding obsidian felt wrong. Less of an antechamber and more like a tomb. As Callicore and his team eagerly scampered about, Papillio slowly paced around, peering down into the abyssal darkness of the hallways that stood on either side of the room. The warrior had sent down a team to scout ahead, and though she strained her ears for any sounds of distress or battle she heard nothing to indicate danger was coming. And yet.... and yet..... The remaining Clan members who had tended to their duties back in the main lair never found out exactly what happened. The smiths, jewelers, potters, and textile makers were busy at their stations when the first of the rumbles hit, followed by a cry so awful and alien even the most stalwart Guardian's blood ran cold. Out of the mining tunnel poured the surviving forward scouts, eyes wild with fear. Callicore and Papilio were the last to scramble out, screaming to artisans to drop everything and flee, flee for their lives! Clan Clambo lost nearly everything that day- the lair was abandoned, and save for the clothes on their backs they had nothing. The Clan fled, taking flight- quickly getting at as high an altitude from the site as possible, at the insistence of the Clan leaders. Callicore and Papilio stayed silent at the fore of the flock, Vesuvius and Papilio following closely behind. Within hours they had arrived at the Grand Furnace, and the Overseers took the two wildclaws before the Flamecaller herself to report their findings. The fallout was immediate- their accident had unleashed something terrible into the Ashfall Wastes, and for their carelessness they were to be severely punished. Vesuvius and Pompeii were promptly reassigned to new positions, and Clan Clambo was exiled from the Ashfall Wastes entirely. _____ [i]From Fire to Nature[/i] The survivors of Clan Clambo fled Flamecaller's domain in shame, name tarnished and numbers diminished. They trekked far, unsure where to go. During their travels more dragons parted from the Clan, settling under new banners. Callicore, once gentle and bumbling, was forced to take on the role of Clan leader. Thrust into hardship he quickly hardened, honing himself in a trial by fire into a warrior. Heading far north, the remnants of Clan Clambo attempted to forge a path through the Tangled Woods to Earthshaker's domain, but quickly lost their way. By the time they escaped the maze of twisting brambles, they realized they'd accidentally gone too far east... and stepped out from the murky shadows into the lush, verdant jungles of the Viridian Labyrinth. Weary from their travels, the group could do little but rest and try to regain their strength. The journey had been hard, and they didn't have the resources to continue over the mountains bordering Dragonhome and the Gladekeeper's domain without pausing to resupply. At first the group despaired, thinking this yet another new bit of misfortune continuing their streak of bad luck- yet in the morning, they rejoiced to discover they had wound up in a land of plenty. The jungles of the Viridian labyrinth was teeming with life, the trees practically hemorrhaging with fruit and insects, the fields and rivers ripe with game. The starving vagabonds gorged themselves, a food supply seemingly without end. Within days the Clan was renewed and joyous, morale much improved after weeks of dismal prospects. Perhaps they wouldn't go over the mountain, after all... perhaps here, we could start new? A new purpose in mind, the group trekked deeper into the jungle, eager to petition the Gladekeeper for a place in her beautiful garden. As they traveled, the Clan came across many dragons hurrying this way and that- they discovered the Nature clans to be kind and generous, each new dragon welcoming them warmly before sending them on their way. As they went they gathered money doing odd jobs, trading what little goods they had to raise enough gems to pay tribute for the privilege of occupying land in the God's domain. So it was that the clan carved out its niche, reborn as Clan Peapod. The clan experienced a way of life vastly different to any they'd lived before- no longer scholars and artisans, the clan had adapted into a hunter-gatherer lifestyle. Their new role was frantic and physically demanding, providing a steady supply of food for the now-enormous clan becoming a top priority. Though the clan's life now lacked the freedom of resources to pursue knowledge, it was also satisfying in its simplicity. For a time, life plodded on, days blending together beneath the emerald canopy. Then, once more, came change. _____ [i]Nature to Water:[/i] One day while out foraging, Callicore came upon a clearing. This was a curious thing, for such places were usually quickly filled with plants looking to secure a sunny spot in the intensely dense overgrowth. Cautiously Callicore crept forward, and discovered a number of hastily abandoned nests. For whatever reason, a clan- likely a newly formed one- had made camp in this clearing and were forced out fairly recently. Scattered around was fragments of eggshell, evidence of recent hatchings.... and the putrid remains of the unborn who were trampled as their parents fled. Having thoroughly investigated the scene, Callicore turned to leave and return to his hunting... when he felt a talon clack against the shell of an intact, unhatched egg. Crouching down to part the grass, Callicore found two small abandoned eggs. Without hesitation he carefully scooped them into his arms and placed them into his satchel, bundling them in the soft fragrant grasses they had been hidden in for protection.
yzNVvi0.png

[ Note: This lore was written & includes dragons that are no longer in my possession- the story of my clan is only canon in regards to my personal world-building, & new owners can obviously do whatever they want lmao. I only link to my old dragons out of nostalgia, affection, and my desire to keep records. I love any new lore/backstory written for my old dragons, tho! I super approve! ]

_____

Clan Founded 10/23/13 (shortly before Riot of Rot). Established in the dominion of the Windsinger by Cavandish and Pansies under Clan Clambo.

_____

From Wind to Earth

In the early days there was no loremaster, so records of this period are almost nonexistant. Sometime between leaving Wind and entering Earth, Cavandish and Pansies are exalted and go to fight in the Windsinger's name.

Leaderless but adventurous, the remaining members decide to migrate to Earthshaker's domain. This is where the Clan starts to take on a unique identity, and gains membership of a young Wildclaw named Callicore. Callicore is a shy and gentle Earth wildclaw, and true to his element he is an enthusiastic historian and scribe. Callicore remains a core member of the Clan and diligently keeps track of Clan lore.

_____

From Earth to Fire

After building up a firm foundation, the Clan decides to travel again, this time heading far south to the Ashfall Wastes. This is an incredibly industrious period of time for the Clan- though many members came and went, Clan Clambo was able to secure vast holdings and was able to make a name of itself. Flamecaller assigned two dragons, Vesuvius and Pompeii, as overseers to the Clan. The Clan continued to expand to the point they were relocated to settle a new lair in the Blacksand Annex, which proved to be a tragic mistake.

Deep in the isolation of the mists, the Clan began excavating. Boring deep into the black craggy shoreline of the Flamecaller's Domain, Clan Clambo found itself isolated from any other clans. Gathering materials was no issue, as the surrounding land was rich with ore- and yet, despite the abundance of minerals there was no signs anyone had attempted to carve out a hold. Indeed, the perpetual dense fog caused by the perpetual flow of lava into the sea was ominously still...

Eventually, the Clan found out why.

One fateful day, the mining team broke through the rock to uncover an ancient chamber. The chamber was ancient, possibly even from the early second age- Callicore excitedly examined the walls and nearby shards of pottery, thrilled by the find. His mate Papillio was less excited, however... the strange room, carved out of the surrounding obsidian felt wrong. Less of an antechamber and more like a tomb. As Callicore and his team eagerly scampered about, Papillio slowly paced around, peering down into the abyssal darkness of the hallways that stood on either side of the room. The warrior had sent down a team to scout ahead, and though she strained her ears for any sounds of distress or battle she heard nothing to indicate danger was coming. And yet.... and yet.....

The remaining Clan members who had tended to their duties back in the main lair never found out exactly what happened. The smiths, jewelers, potters, and textile makers were busy at their stations when the first of the rumbles hit, followed by a cry so awful and alien even the most stalwart Guardian's blood ran cold. Out of the mining tunnel poured the surviving forward scouts, eyes wild with fear. Callicore and Papilio were the last to scramble out, screaming to artisans to drop everything and flee, flee for their lives!

Clan Clambo lost nearly everything that day- the lair was abandoned, and save for the clothes on their backs they had nothing. The Clan fled, taking flight- quickly getting at as high an altitude from the site as possible, at the insistence of the Clan leaders. Callicore and Papilio stayed silent at the fore of the flock, Vesuvius and Papilio following closely behind. Within hours they had arrived at the Grand Furnace, and the Overseers took the two wildclaws before the Flamecaller herself to report their findings.

The fallout was immediate- their accident had unleashed something terrible into the Ashfall Wastes, and for their carelessness they were to be severely punished. Vesuvius and Pompeii were promptly reassigned to new positions, and Clan Clambo was exiled from the Ashfall Wastes entirely.

_____

From Fire to Nature

The survivors of Clan Clambo fled Flamecaller's domain in shame, name tarnished and numbers diminished. They trekked far, unsure where to go. During their travels more dragons parted from the Clan, settling under new banners. Callicore, once gentle and bumbling, was forced to take on the role of Clan leader. Thrust into hardship he quickly hardened, honing himself in a trial by fire into a warrior. Heading far north, the remnants of Clan Clambo attempted to forge a path through the Tangled Woods to Earthshaker's domain, but quickly lost their way. By the time they escaped the maze of twisting brambles, they realized they'd accidentally gone too far east... and stepped out from the murky shadows into the lush, verdant jungles of the Viridian Labyrinth.

Weary from their travels, the group could do little but rest and try to regain their strength. The journey had been hard, and they didn't have the resources to continue over the mountains bordering Dragonhome and the Gladekeeper's domain without pausing to resupply. At first the group despaired, thinking this yet another new bit of misfortune continuing their streak of bad luck- yet in the morning, they rejoiced to discover they had wound up in a land of plenty.
The jungles of the Viridian labyrinth was teeming with life, the trees practically hemorrhaging with fruit and insects, the fields and rivers ripe with game. The starving vagabonds gorged themselves, a food supply seemingly without end. Within days the Clan was renewed and joyous, morale much improved after weeks of dismal prospects. Perhaps they wouldn't go over the mountain, after all... perhaps here, we could start new? A new purpose in mind, the group trekked deeper into the jungle, eager to petition the Gladekeeper for a place in her beautiful garden.

As they traveled, the Clan came across many dragons hurrying this way and that- they discovered the Nature clans to be kind and generous, each new dragon welcoming them warmly before sending them on their way. As they went they gathered money doing odd jobs, trading what little goods they had to raise enough gems to pay tribute for the privilege of occupying land in the God's domain.

So it was that the clan carved out its niche, reborn as Clan Peapod. The clan experienced a way of life vastly different to any they'd lived before- no longer scholars and artisans, the clan had adapted into a hunter-gatherer lifestyle. Their new role was frantic and physically demanding, providing a steady supply of food for the now-enormous clan becoming a top priority. Though the clan's life now lacked the freedom of resources to pursue knowledge, it was also satisfying in its simplicity. For a time, life plodded on, days blending together beneath the emerald canopy.

Then, once more, came change.

_____

Nature to Water:

One day while out foraging, Callicore came upon a clearing. This was a curious thing, for such places were usually quickly filled with plants looking to secure a sunny spot in the intensely dense overgrowth. Cautiously Callicore crept forward, and discovered a number of hastily abandoned nests. For whatever reason, a clan- likely a newly formed one- had made camp in this clearing and were forced out fairly recently. Scattered around was fragments of eggshell, evidence of recent hatchings.... and the putrid remains of the unborn who were trampled as their parents fled. Having thoroughly investigated the scene, Callicore turned to leave and return to his hunting... when he felt a talon clack against the shell of an intact, unhatched egg.

Crouching down to part the grass, Callicore found two small abandoned eggs. Without hesitation he carefully scooped them into his arms and placed them into his satchel, bundling them in the soft fragrant grasses they had been hidden in for protection.
Pnb8OQw.png
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/Oj7vEYP.png[/img][/center] [center]This will be a place for me to mark how long until my next cooldown ends and how many gems I've collected for the next move! [b]Cooldown Expires:[/b] March of 2018! [b]Gems collected:[/b] 0/1500[/center]
Oj7vEYP.png
This will be a place for me to mark how long until my next cooldown ends and how many gems I've collected for the next move!

Cooldown Expires: March of 2018!

Gems collected: 0/1500
Pnb8OQw.png
I thought about doing this when I joined but that cool down period really put me off it. Kudos to you!
I thought about doing this when I joined but that cool down period really put me off it. Kudos to you!
cb97ddd4-47eb-11e7-9a25-11207adb8873.gifbd02d84f-4804-11e7-83b1-b56db8b8415b.giff4c9992b-47ff-11e7-8b02-b56db8b8415b.gif529be394-47cd-11e7-af75-11207adb8873.gif5f64622b-47cd-11e7-b940-11207adb8873.gif5807c18f-480e-11e7-9dd4-b56db8b8415b.gif5f64622b-47cd-11e7-b940-11207adb8873.gif529be394-47cd-11e7-af75-11207adb8873.gif000653c0-4800-11e7-b454-b56db8b8415b.gif31b4737d-47f9-11e7-a649-11207adb8873.gifd3ff9d7a-47eb-11e7-a31f-11207adb8873.gif
This is crazy whoa
Good luck
This is crazy whoa
Good luck
i love this. i too would one day love to travel to all the flights. good luck, and keep telling stories of your travels!
i love this. i too would one day love to travel to all the flights. good luck, and keep telling stories of your travels!
cottonee.gifjoltik.gif
@boartusk

Can I be pinged for lore updates? It's gorgeous!
@boartusk

Can I be pinged for lore updates? It's gorgeous!
Free max level brewing. Thread here!
@Halsha Yeah I can't say I blame you, lmao. It was something I considered, went "Oh god no way"... and then thanks to my natural restlessness I ended up going through half the flights anyway. Might as well make a quest of it! :P

@CatsandMaths Yeah it is, haha. Thank you! ^u^

@Starongie It is not for the faint of heart (nor meager of wallet), but worth it for the experience, I think. c: Thank you very much for the encouragement- only 5 flights to go! lmao

@Ellapinky ;u; Aww, thank you! It never even occurred to me someone might be genuinely interested in my lore, haha. I'll make a note of it, I still have a bit to finish- gotta wrap up the Nature-to-Water bit, then come up with how my Clan decided to go from Water-to-Plague...
@Halsha Yeah I can't say I blame you, lmao. It was something I considered, went "Oh god no way"... and then thanks to my natural restlessness I ended up going through half the flights anyway. Might as well make a quest of it! :P

@CatsandMaths Yeah it is, haha. Thank you! ^u^

@Starongie It is not for the faint of heart (nor meager of wallet), but worth it for the experience, I think. c: Thank you very much for the encouragement- only 5 flights to go! lmao

@Ellapinky ;u; Aww, thank you! It never even occurred to me someone might be genuinely interested in my lore, haha. I'll make a note of it, I still have a bit to finish- gotta wrap up the Nature-to-Water bit, then come up with how my Clan decided to go from Water-to-Plague...
Pnb8OQw.png
Quest progress: As of 2/21/2017, I have switched from Water to Plague! [img]http://i.imgur.com/rBWxFup.png[/img] Quite a treacherous journey, too: Clan Boartusk has passed by the Scarred Wasteland many times, but we've never had the audacity to put down stakes [i]inside[/i] Plaguebringer's turf until now. And at her very doorstep, The Wyrmwound, at that! [i]*snaps on goggles*[/i] We're in for it now, folks.
Quest progress: As of 2/21/2017, I have switched from Water to Plague!

rBWxFup.png

Quite a treacherous journey, too: Clan Boartusk has passed by the Scarred Wasteland many times, but we've never had the audacity to put down stakes inside Plaguebringer's turf until now.

And at her very doorstep, The Wyrmwound, at that!

*snaps on goggles* We're in for it now, folks.
Pnb8OQw.png
Quest Update! As of 9/19/2017, I have moved to Ice Flight! World Traveler Status: 7 of 11 Flights Visited! Flights remaining: Lightning, Light, Shadow and Arcane! [img]https://i.imgur.com/D3FIeo7.png[/img] When I have the spoons for it, I'll write up a lil narrative and update my clan lore. :P What a ride it's been so far, though! Clan Boartusk managed to survive the very heart of the Plaguebringer's territory for nearly 7 months! After pausing in Flamecaller's territory for a quick dip in the Lava to decontaminate, we finally crossed the open seas and made it to the Icewarden's domain. W-we might n-nuh, need to get s-some f-fuh firewood, f-folks...
Quest Update! As of 9/19/2017, I have moved to Ice Flight!

World Traveler Status: 7 of 11 Flights Visited!

Flights remaining: Lightning, Light, Shadow and Arcane!

D3FIeo7.png

When I have the spoons for it, I'll write up a lil narrative and update my clan lore. :P What a ride it's been so far, though! Clan Boartusk managed to survive the very heart of the Plaguebringer's territory for nearly 7 months! After pausing in Flamecaller's territory for a quick dip in the Lava to decontaminate, we finally crossed the open seas and made it to the Icewarden's domain.

W-we might n-nuh, need to get s-some f-fuh firewood, f-folks...
Pnb8OQw.png
1 2