Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Giveaway] Imperial - RP CHALLENGE
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1044217] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/10443/1044217_350.png[/img] [/url] [i]It is a chill autumn morning in Shadow Flight territory, and in the nests of Clan Amerou, a striped wildclaw sits, brooding a pair of eggs almost as large as she is. Her mate, a rosette-backed imperial, paces incessantly through the leaf litter, back and forth, wearing a hole down to the dark forest's floor. They have been waiting long for their brood to hatch, but though the weather was almost stiflingly hot when the eggs were laid, winter seems to have descended all at once now upon Shadow. Ice edges the leaves like lace, and fog rolls thick as soup across the ground. Kyoufu is unmoved by the scenery, laying her feathered wings across her eggs, her two firstborn and beyond precious. They will come, in time, when they are ready, no matter the histrionics of her mate. Kazuki, on the other hand, paces and prays to the Shadowbinder that his young will beat the first true frost; he has done the math, consulted the stars, read all the portents and omens with skill and practised ease, and occasionally with the helping hand of the other scholars in the clan. The timing between an auspicious birth and an inauspicious one is impossibly close. It must be very soon - before the sun crests the horizon - or else his eldest young will be born beneath unlucky stars. Kazuki consults the lightening sky, shaded the very same colour as his wings, and worries harder. Then: a crack, loud as thunder in the misty silence; Kyoufu startles from her perch atop the nest, a flutter of taloned feet and feathered limbs as her eggs begin to violently shake. Kazuki rushes over, heedless of anything but the impending birth now, coiling and uncoiling upon himself in uncharacteristic fits of nerves. If there is anything fit to ruin his mountainous patience, it is this moment. The eggs rock and shudder and twitch, cracks spreading along their surfaces like spiderwebs; the sky continues to brighten; Kazuki is tangled in knots, while his mate stands over their eggs, calm counterpoint to his restlessness. At last, a shattering - a glimpse of spotted hide and shining wing - then a second breaking, the dragonlings born one breath after another in the autumn morn. The firstborn shakes himself out of the remnants of his egg, a picture-perfect image of his father even moments born; his sister, darker of hide and paler of wing, screeches unholy displeasure with the cold air with her thin, high hatchling voice, and the cry is answered through the rolling mist, the voices of every dragon of the clan lifted in harmonious unison. The little ones bolt at the hue and cry, much to the relieved laughter of their parents, hiding in the shadow of their mother's wings. The first imperial young of the clan are born; as Kazuki lifts his great horned head, voice suffused with joy, shadow sprites erupt from the trees to carry his message to all clans, far and wide.[/i] "Let it be known to all Clans of all Flights that Clan Amerou has seen an auspicious hatching this day; in gratitude to the Shadowbinder and spirit of alliance, I, Kazuki of Shadow, will send my firstborn son to whichever clan can prove to me their worth!" [center]xxxxx[/center] This is an RP Challenge Giveaway for the above Imperial hatchling, who was just born this morning (Oct 23rd). :) He is, as the text suggests, the firstborn son of Kazuki and Kyoufu, the first imperial hatched in the clan, and looks almost exactly like his father. He is Thistle Clown/Blue Shimmer/Pink Basic, for those who care about that sort of thing. [LIST] [*] To enter, either PM an RP response to [b]Amerou #2306[/b], reply here, or reblog [url=http://amerou.tumblr.com/post/64869308128/so-who-wants-an-imperial]this post[/url] on Tumblr with your response, preferably behind a Read More cut to save people's dashboards. ;x [*] Tumblr likes and reblogs do not count unless they have an RP response attached; I appreciate the signal boosts, but without an RP response, you will not be entered into the giveaway. [*] This RP Giveaway is ongoing until [b]Sunday Oct 27th, [/b]at which point Kazuki will choose the most "worthy" of the entrants to send his son to. I encourage all styles and levels of skill to enter this giveaway, including new registers! Just because your clan doesn't have months of backstory doesn't mean you don't have a chance at winning. Be creative! [*] If you win, a hatchling letter would be awesome (I've never gotten one!) but is not necessary. [*] Good luck, and happy writing! [/LIST]

1044217_350.png

It is a chill autumn morning in Shadow Flight territory, and in the nests of Clan Amerou, a striped wildclaw sits, brooding a pair of eggs almost as large as she is. Her mate, a rosette-backed imperial, paces incessantly through the leaf litter, back and forth, wearing a hole down to the dark forest's floor. They have been waiting long for their brood to hatch, but though the weather was almost stiflingly hot when the eggs were laid, winter seems to have descended all at once now upon Shadow. Ice edges the leaves like lace, and fog rolls thick as soup across the ground. Kyoufu is unmoved by the scenery, laying her feathered wings across her eggs, her two firstborn and beyond precious. They will come, in time, when they are ready, no matter the histrionics of her mate.

Kazuki, on the other hand, paces and prays to the Shadowbinder that his young will beat the first true frost; he has done the math, consulted the stars, read all the portents and omens with skill and practised ease, and occasionally with the helping hand of the other scholars in the clan. The timing between an auspicious birth and an inauspicious one is impossibly close. It must be very soon - before the sun crests the horizon - or else his eldest young will be born beneath unlucky stars. Kazuki consults the lightening sky, shaded the very same colour as his wings, and worries harder.

Then: a crack, loud as thunder in the misty silence; Kyoufu startles from her perch atop the nest, a flutter of taloned feet and feathered limbs as her eggs begin to violently shake. Kazuki rushes over, heedless of anything but the impending birth now, coiling and uncoiling upon himself in uncharacteristic fits of nerves. If there is anything fit to ruin his mountainous patience, it is this moment.

The eggs rock and shudder and twitch, cracks spreading along their surfaces like spiderwebs; the sky continues to brighten; Kazuki is tangled in knots, while his mate stands over their eggs, calm counterpoint to his restlessness. At last, a shattering - a glimpse of spotted hide and shining wing - then a second breaking, the dragonlings born one breath after another in the autumn morn. The firstborn shakes himself out of the remnants of his egg, a picture-perfect image of his father even moments born; his sister, darker of hide and paler of wing, screeches unholy displeasure with the cold air with her thin, high hatchling voice, and the cry is answered through the rolling mist, the voices of every dragon of the clan lifted in harmonious unison. The little ones bolt at the hue and cry, much to the relieved laughter of their parents, hiding in the shadow of their mother's wings.

The first imperial young of the clan are born; as Kazuki lifts his great horned head, voice suffused with joy, shadow sprites erupt from the trees to carry his message to all clans, far and wide.

"Let it be known to all Clans of all Flights that Clan Amerou has seen an auspicious hatching this day; in gratitude to the Shadowbinder and spirit of alliance, I, Kazuki of Shadow, will send my firstborn son to whichever clan can prove to me their worth!"
xxxxx

This is an RP Challenge Giveaway for the above Imperial hatchling, who was just born this morning (Oct 23rd). :) He is, as the text suggests, the firstborn son of Kazuki and Kyoufu, the first imperial hatched in the clan, and looks almost exactly like his father. He is Thistle Clown/Blue Shimmer/Pink Basic, for those who care about that sort of thing.
  • To enter, either PM an RP response to Amerou #2306, reply here, or reblog this post on Tumblr with your response, preferably behind a Read More cut to save people's dashboards. ;x
  • Tumblr likes and reblogs do not count unless they have an RP response attached; I appreciate the signal boosts, but without an RP response, you will not be entered into the giveaway.
  • This RP Giveaway is ongoing until Sunday Oct 27th, at which point Kazuki will choose the most "worthy" of the entrants to send his son to. I encourage all styles and levels of skill to enter this giveaway, including new registers! Just because your clan doesn't have months of backstory doesn't mean you don't have a chance at winning. Be creative!
  • If you win, a hatchling letter would be awesome (I've never gotten one!) but is not necessary.
  • Good luck, and happy writing!
@Amerou

Greetings, elder kin. I would much be interested in having this hatchling join my newly established clan. Come visit my lair with the youngling to learn our short, but exciting clan history! :P
@Amerou

Greetings, elder kin. I would much be interested in having this hatchling join my newly established clan. Come visit my lair with the youngling to learn our short, but exciting clan history! :P
x8xEApE.png
Bump for the morning, replies will be sent out when I get home from work :3 So happy for the interest shown this so far!
Bump for the morning, replies will be sent out when I get home from work :3 So happy for the interest shown this so far!
So due to some RL circumstances this has gone on longer than I intended it to (sickness and work and augh help), but even in the middle of all this I had two entrants that stood out above all the rest - @vadum and @Severence!

@vadum - congratulations, you've won the hatchling! Crossroads on the way shortly. We can continue the RP if you like, even though I've been a terrible partner. T_T

@Severence - while Vadum got the baby this time, I would like to offer you an imperial from any of my next clutches (from Kyouya, unrelated, Kiyomi, Kazuki's daughter out of this clutch, or Kazuki himself). If you like we can also continue our RP.

Thank you for all the entrants!
So due to some RL circumstances this has gone on longer than I intended it to (sickness and work and augh help), but even in the middle of all this I had two entrants that stood out above all the rest - @vadum and @Severence!

@vadum - congratulations, you've won the hatchling! Crossroads on the way shortly. We can continue the RP if you like, even though I've been a terrible partner. T_T

@Severence - while Vadum got the baby this time, I would like to offer you an imperial from any of my next clutches (from Kyouya, unrelated, Kiyomi, Kazuki's daughter out of this clutch, or Kazuki himself). If you like we can also continue our RP.

Thank you for all the entrants!
[quote name="Amerou" date="2013-10-29 08:05:32"] @vadum - congratulations, you've won the hatchling! Crossroads on the way shortly. We can continue the RP if you like, even though I've been a terrible partner. T_T [/quote] Ahh! Thank you so much! I'm really sorry things came up the way they did, but I'd be more than happy to continue! (In any case, if things don't calm down soon for you, you're more than guaranteed to receive a hatchling letter from me int he near future- whatever works best). Thank you so much for the opportunity!
Amerou wrote on 2013-10-29 08:05:32:

Ahh! Thank you so much! I'm really sorry things came up the way they did, but I'd be more than happy to continue! (In any case, if things don't calm down soon for you, you're more than guaranteed to receive a hatchling letter from me int he near future- whatever works best).

Thank you so much for the opportunity!