Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Gathering data on Gathering! (Survey!)
I've been doing this myself for the past few days, before realizing that I'd get better figures and thus more accurate results (not to mention less work on myself) if I enlisted other people to help!

For people with a lot of dragons, food can be a problem. I only have 9 I intend to keep, and haven't even gotten to the second page of my lair, and already I'm having trouble keeping my larders full. What's it like for people with 30, 40, 50, or even more? Lots of things have been proposed, but one thing we know is that Gathering is supposed to provide better payout the higher your level. Specifically, we know that Level 10 is supposed to lead to significant increases in the amount of good goodies found [citation needed](but not available because search is down). However, other people have been questioning whether this is functioning as intended, or whether people are finding enough in terms of the really good foods (or other items) to sustain their clans.

So I've begun the process (and need your help!) of gathering data on every single thing I gather in order to figure out how much of an impact the levels are making on what I find.

Here is what you can do to help!

-Gather stuff!
-Take note of what you gather!
-Post it here!
-After a while, I'll make a big compilation, crunch some numbers, and we'll see what it shows and if it suggests room for improvement!

I would like to do this as scientifically as possible, so please make note of as many factors as you can if you decide to post your data. Please provide Your level in the Gathering type undertaken (Foraging, fishing, etc.), the name of the Realm you searched, the items you found EVERY TIME exactly as the site displays them (so don't just write "Pine Branch x7," write "Pine Branch x3, Pine Branch x4"), the separate results of EVERY TURN (don't just note the particulally bountiful or particularly sparse searches, and don't lump every item you find together in one list--separate them by turns), if you leveled up or not during that search, and how many turns you undertook. You DON'T have to tell me the treasure worth and food worth of every item you find, but it would be awesome if you could! (If you do, you don't have to list the worth of an item every time it appears in your data; I'll crunch the numbers at the end. But if you want to crunch the numbers for yourself and include them with your data, you are wonderful and I love you!
I've been doing this myself for the past few days, before realizing that I'd get better figures and thus more accurate results (not to mention less work on myself) if I enlisted other people to help!

For people with a lot of dragons, food can be a problem. I only have 9 I intend to keep, and haven't even gotten to the second page of my lair, and already I'm having trouble keeping my larders full. What's it like for people with 30, 40, 50, or even more? Lots of things have been proposed, but one thing we know is that Gathering is supposed to provide better payout the higher your level. Specifically, we know that Level 10 is supposed to lead to significant increases in the amount of good goodies found [citation needed](but not available because search is down). However, other people have been questioning whether this is functioning as intended, or whether people are finding enough in terms of the really good foods (or other items) to sustain their clans.

So I've begun the process (and need your help!) of gathering data on every single thing I gather in order to figure out how much of an impact the levels are making on what I find.

Here is what you can do to help!

-Gather stuff!
-Take note of what you gather!
-Post it here!
-After a while, I'll make a big compilation, crunch some numbers, and we'll see what it shows and if it suggests room for improvement!

I would like to do this as scientifically as possible, so please make note of as many factors as you can if you decide to post your data. Please provide Your level in the Gathering type undertaken (Foraging, fishing, etc.), the name of the Realm you searched, the items you found EVERY TIME exactly as the site displays them (so don't just write "Pine Branch x7," write "Pine Branch x3, Pine Branch x4"), the separate results of EVERY TURN (don't just note the particulally bountiful or particularly sparse searches, and don't lump every item you find together in one list--separate them by turns), if you leveled up or not during that search, and how many turns you undertook. You DON'T have to tell me the treasure worth and food worth of every item you find, but it would be awesome if you could! (If you do, you don't have to list the worth of an item every time it appears in your data; I'll crunch the numbers at the end. But if you want to crunch the numbers for yourself and include them with your data, you are wonderful and I love you!
(Continued!)
If you have some skills that are less trained than others (For example: Level 15 Hunting, but only level 2 Digging), I strongly encourage you to use skills with a wide variety of level ranges so we can contrast them! Since the point here is to discover whether leveling up provides a truly wide range of benefits when compared with lower-leveled hunting. I don't know if we'll get enough data to make some really good percentages here, but we can hope! However you want to distribute your searches is fine with me--I've been doing 3 types of Gathering each day, of different levels, and spending 5 turns on each, but if you want to expend all your turns on one type to get a broader range of data about that type, that's fine too. :D

Here are my results from four days of searching, and I'm eagerly awaiting results from other people!

(Sorry if this has been done before, though. Search is down and the Suggestions board is loooong.)

If you have some skills that are less trained than others (For example: Level 15 Hunting, but only level 2 Digging), I strongly encourage you to use skills with a wide variety of level ranges so we can contrast them!

DAY 1: ICE DOMAIN
HUNTING: LVL 5 (5 turns)
Crested Newt x4
Satin Mouse x2
--
Crested Newt x2
--
Swimming Anole x5
Brown Bat x5
--
Crested Newt x4
Brown Bat x2
--
White Squirrel x4
Satin Mouse x2

FORAGING: LVL 10 (5 turns)
Lucky Star x3
Lucky Star x2
Day Lily x2
Marsh Choker x4
--
Winter's Delight x2
Ivy x1
--
Tundra Cactus x2
--
Lucky Star x4
Winter's Delight x2
Marsh Choker x4
--
Marsh Choker x5

SCAVENGING: LVL 20 (6 turns)
Moth-Eaten Rug x5
Gladiator's Warhorn x3
Redwood Kindling x3
Sanded Pine Plank x2
--
Redwood Kindling x2
--
Painted Porcelain Jar x1
Sanded Pine Plank x4
Redwood Kindling x1
--
White Knight x1
--
Small Legbones x3
Bone Fragments x2
Moth-Eaten Rug x2
--
Bone Fragments x3
Redwood Log x4
Pine Branch x1
Pine Log x4

DAY 2
INSECT CATCHING: LVL 2 (5 turns)
Tundra Grub x3
Perdita Bee x5
---
Snowkissed Centipede x5
Jumping Spider x2
LEVEL UP: LVL 3
---
Frostbite Beetle x4
Tundra Grub x3
Wasteland Pauper x3
---
Frostbite Beetle x3
---
Frostbite Beetle x4

Day Lily x1
Sea Grass x3
Lucky Star x4
Blue Parrot Tulip x3
---
Marsh Choker x2
---
Dryad's Saddle x4
Blue Parrot Tulip x3
---
Tundra Cactus x3
---
Sea Grass x4

Cracked Leather x2
Moth-Eaten Rug x4
---
Small Legbones x5
---
Pine Branch x5
Bone Jar x5
Sanded Pine Plank x4
Bone Fragments x3
---
White Rook x3
Bone Fragments x3
White Pawn x1
---
Redwood Log x5
Sanded Pine x4
---
White Pawn x1
Small Legbones x2

DAY 3: ICE DOMAIN
HUNTING: Lvl 5 (5 turns)
Brown Bat x3
Satin Mouse x4
Brown Bat x2
---
Satin Mouse x2
---
Satin Mouse x3
Black Capped Chickadee x4
---
Brown Bat x4
Swimming Anole x3
---
Satin Mouse x5

FORAGING: Lvl 10 (5 turns)
---
Lucky Star x2
Day Lily x2
---
Mycenea Mushroom x5
Tundra Cactus x3
Sea Grass x3
Sea Grass x1
---
Blue Parrot Tulip x3
---
Tundra Cactus x5
Tundra Cactus x5
Mycenea Musrhoom x2
---
Winter's Delight x4
Dryad's Saddle x1
Sea Grass x3
Winter's Delight x5

SCAVENGING: Lvl 20 (6 turns)
---
Pine Branch x4
Pine Branch x2
Bone Fragments x5
Bone Fragments x4
---
Silver Pocketwatch x1
Bone Fragments x1
---
Shattered Reading Spectacles x1
---
Pine Logs x3
Moth-Eaten Rug x3
Bone Fragments x4
---
White Knight x1
Pine Branch x4
---
Moth-Eaten Rug x5
Moth-Eaten Rug x4

DAY 4: ICE DOMAIN
Insect Catching: Lvl 3 (5 attempts)
Frostbite Beetle x5
Frostbite Beetle x2
---
Wasteland Pauper x3
Tundra Grub x3
Jumping Spider x1
White Lace Honeybee x5
---
Silt Sifter x3
---
White Lace Honeybee x1
Tundra Grub x1
---
Tundra Grub x4

Foraging: Lvl 10 (5 attempts)
Arctic Scrub x2
Sea Grass x3
---
Blue Parrot Tulip x4
Lucky Star x2
Day Lily x2
---
Dryad's Saddle x3
Sea Grass x1
---
Marsh Choker x5

Scavenging: Lvl 20 (6 attempts)
Pine Branch x2
Bone Fragments x3
Pine Branch x5
Gladiator's Warhorn x1
---
Bone Bottle x3
Bone Fragments x3
Moth-Eaten Rug x4
---
Cracked Leather x4
Pine Branch x3
---
Small Legbones x1
---
Unhatched Ice Egg x1
Pine Branch x4
Moth-Eaten Rug x2
---
White Pawn x5
Sanded Pine Plank x4
(Continued!)
If you have some skills that are less trained than others (For example: Level 15 Hunting, but only level 2 Digging), I strongly encourage you to use skills with a wide variety of level ranges so we can contrast them! Since the point here is to discover whether leveling up provides a truly wide range of benefits when compared with lower-leveled hunting. I don't know if we'll get enough data to make some really good percentages here, but we can hope! However you want to distribute your searches is fine with me--I've been doing 3 types of Gathering each day, of different levels, and spending 5 turns on each, but if you want to expend all your turns on one type to get a broader range of data about that type, that's fine too. :D

Here are my results from four days of searching, and I'm eagerly awaiting results from other people!

(Sorry if this has been done before, though. Search is down and the Suggestions board is loooong.)

If you have some skills that are less trained than others (For example: Level 15 Hunting, but only level 2 Digging), I strongly encourage you to use skills with a wide variety of level ranges so we can contrast them!

DAY 1: ICE DOMAIN
HUNTING: LVL 5 (5 turns)
Crested Newt x4
Satin Mouse x2
--
Crested Newt x2
--
Swimming Anole x5
Brown Bat x5
--
Crested Newt x4
Brown Bat x2
--
White Squirrel x4
Satin Mouse x2

Lucky Star x3
Lucky Star x2
Day Lily x2
Marsh Choker x4
--
Winter's Delight x2
Ivy x1
--
Tundra Cactus x2
--
Lucky Star x4
Winter's Delight x2
Marsh Choker x4
--
Marsh Choker x5

Moth-Eaten Rug x5
Gladiator's Warhorn x3
Redwood Kindling x3
Sanded Pine Plank x2
--
Redwood Kindling x2
--
Painted Porcelain Jar x1
Sanded Pine Plank x4
Redwood Kindling x1
--
White Knight x1
--
Small Legbones x3
Bone Fragments x2
Moth-Eaten Rug x2
--
Bone Fragments x3
Redwood Log x4
Pine Branch x1
Pine Log x4

DAY 2
INSECT CATCHING: LVL 2 (5 turns)
Tundra Grub x3
Perdita Bee x5
---
Snowkissed Centipede x5
Jumping Spider x2
LEVEL UP: LVL 3
---
Frostbite Beetle x4
Tundra Grub x3
Wasteland Pauper x3
---
Frostbite Beetle x3
---
Frostbite Beetle x4

Day Lily x1
Sea Grass x3
Lucky Star x4
Blue Parrot Tulip x3
---
Marsh Choker x2
---
Dryad's Saddle x4
Blue Parrot Tulip x3
---
Tundra Cactus x3
---
Sea Grass x4

Cracked Leather x2
Moth-Eaten Rug x4
---
Small Legbones x5
---
Pine Branch x5
Bone Jar x5
Sanded Pine Plank x4
Bone Fragments x3
---
White Rook x3
Bone Fragments x3
White Pawn x1
---
Redwood Log x5
Sanded Pine x4
---
White Pawn x1
Small Legbones x2

DAY 3: ICE DOMAIN
HUNTING: Lvl 5 (5 turns)
Brown Bat x3
Satin Mouse x4
Brown Bat x2
---
Satin Mouse x2
---
Satin Mouse x3
Black Capped Chickadee x4
---
Brown Bat x4
Swimming Anole x3
---
Satin Mouse x5

FORAGING: Lvl 10 (5 turns)
---
Lucky Star x2
Day Lily x2
---
Mycenea Mushroom x5
Tundra Cactus x3
Sea Grass x3
Sea Grass x1
---
Blue Parrot Tulip x3
---
Tundra Cactus x5
Tundra Cactus x5
Mycenea Musrhoom x2
---
Winter's Delight x4
Dryad's Saddle x1
Sea Grass x3
Winter's Delight x5

SCAVENGING: Lvl 20 (6 turns)
---
Pine Branch x4
Pine Branch x2
Bone Fragments x5
Bone Fragments x4
---
Silver Pocketwatch x1
Bone Fragments x1
---
Shattered Reading Spectacles x1
---
Pine Logs x3
Moth-Eaten Rug x3
Bone Fragments x4
---
White Knight x1
Pine Branch x4
---
Moth-Eaten Rug x5
Moth-Eaten Rug x4

DAY 4: ICE DOMAIN
Insect Catching: Lvl 3 (5 attempts)
Frostbite Beetle x5
Frostbite Beetle x2
---
Wasteland Pauper x3
Tundra Grub x3
Jumping Spider x1
White Lace Honeybee x5
---
Silt Sifter x3
---
White Lace Honeybee x1
Tundra Grub x1
---
Tundra Grub x4

Foraging: Lvl 10 (5 attempts)
Arctic Scrub x2
Sea Grass x3
---
Blue Parrot Tulip x4
Lucky Star x2
Day Lily x2
---
Dryad's Saddle x3
Sea Grass x1
---
Marsh Choker x5

Scavenging: Lvl 20 (6 attempts)
Pine Branch x2
Bone Fragments x3
Pine Branch x5
Gladiator's Warhorn x1
---
Bone Bottle x3
Bone Fragments x3
Moth-Eaten Rug x4
---
Cracked Leather x4
Pine Branch x3
---
Small Legbones x1
---
Unhatched Ice Egg x1
Pine Branch x4
Moth-Eaten Rug x2
---
White Pawn x5
Sanded Pine Plank x4
Hunting lvl 8
Water

Java Sparrow x 5
Blue Throated Budgie x 2
Swimming Anole x 5
Ruby-Throated Hummingbird x 1
Ruby-Throated Hummingbird x 4
Java Sparrow x 5
Roan Mouse x 4
Olive throated sea snake x 4
Red Squirrel x 1
Swimming Anole x 2
Swimming Anole x 3
Swimming Anole x 2

Digging lvl 10
Water

Salt x 3
Salt x 3
Perfect Skipping Stone x 3
Trilobite Fossil x 5
Fossilized Fish x 1
Salt x 1
Perfect Skipping Stone x 2
Trilobite Fossil x 5
Silver Ore x 1
Crumbling Relief x 3
Fossilized Fish x 4
Copper Ore x 2
Salt x 2
Shale x 4
Shale x 2
Crumbling Relief x 2
Shale x 5
Copper Ore x 5
Broken Penny Jar x 5
Trilobite Fossil x 5
Crumbling Relief x 5
Crumbling Relief x 1
Perfect Skipping Stone x 4
Salt x 1
Hunting lvl 8
Water

Java Sparrow x 5
Blue Throated Budgie x 2
Swimming Anole x 5
Ruby-Throated Hummingbird x 1
Ruby-Throated Hummingbird x 4
Java Sparrow x 5
Roan Mouse x 4
Olive throated sea snake x 4
Red Squirrel x 1
Swimming Anole x 2
Swimming Anole x 3
Swimming Anole x 2

Digging lvl 10
Water

Salt x 3
Salt x 3
Trilobite Fossil x 5
Fossilized Fish x 1
Salt x 1
Trilobite Fossil x 5
Silver Ore x 1
Crumbling Relief x 3
Fossilized Fish x 4
Copper Ore x 2
Salt x 2
Shale x 4
Shale x 2
Crumbling Relief x 2
Shale x 5
Copper Ore x 5
Broken Penny Jar x 5
Trilobite Fossil x 5
Crumbling Relief x 5
Crumbling Relief x 1
Perfect Skipping Stone x 4
Salt x 1
255819810&trans=1.jpgI buy CS pets!
Man I already finished it so I don't remember what I got, but I'll do this tomorrow, yeah?
I happen to be running out of food a lot, but this can be quite misleading since I actually have a lot of stores; it's just that I like keeping items at smooth numbers (10, 20, 25, etc) so I still have a lot to feed my dragons, I just save a lot. At the moment I can still feed all of them, but I find that their consuming rate is high...meaning that my stores might actually run out soon if I don't lessen the number of dragons I have or something.
Man I already finished it so I don't remember what I got, but I'll do this tomorrow, yeah?
I happen to be running out of food a lot, but this can be quite misleading since I actually have a lot of stores; it's just that I like keeping items at smooth numbers (10, 20, 25, etc) so I still have a lot to feed my dragons, I just save a lot. At the moment I can still feed all of them, but I find that their consuming rate is high...meaning that my stores might actually run out soon if I don't lessen the number of dragons I have or something.
m16OKP.jpeg
@Freezair

This would probably do better if posted in the help forum, as it's not a true suggestion--you're looking for help from the community.
@Freezair

This would probably do better if posted in the help forum, as it's not a true suggestion--you're looking for help from the community.
@Reitgerte

I've seen at least one other survey thread like this, and IIRC, it was in this forum, so this forum is what I went with. It also made sense to me, since the ultimate goal of the thread is to make suggestions over how to improve Gathering, if need be.
@Reitgerte

I've seen at least one other survey thread like this, and IIRC, it was in this forum, so this forum is what I went with. It also made sense to me, since the ultimate goal of the thread is to make suggestions over how to improve Gathering, if need be.
I'll help out with this next rollover ^^ I have a pretty wide range of levels on gathering because I get the vast majority of my insects and plants from the Coliseum, so I haven't leveled those much at all. I'll probably be switching between Digging and Scavenging until my stores start running out (which I expect to take quite a long time, since I stockpiled over 1k food points in each), but I'll keep track of what I pick up for you ^^

My Digging is level... 6 or 8, I think. Scavenging is level 19 right now.
I'll help out with this next rollover ^^ I have a pretty wide range of levels on gathering because I get the vast majority of my insects and plants from the Coliseum, so I haven't leveled those much at all. I'll probably be switching between Digging and Scavenging until my stores start running out (which I expect to take quite a long time, since I stockpiled over 1k food points in each), but I'll keep track of what I pick up for you ^^

My Digging is level... 6 or 8, I think. Scavenging is level 19 right now.